Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Coconut Snow (of Mele-koi farms)

I used to be able to buy locally but seems to have moved from Hawaii
to CA and I was told it was available in CA, Oregon & parts of WA.

Made in Mele-koi farms, in Lihue, Kauai, Hawaii. I also found a VERY
old reference to Newark Beach, CA

Anybody got a LINK or tele to a place that sells it????? Maybe it
has changed names or brand as I do believe the original owner is no
longer with us.

Thanks
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, February 3, 2017 at 9:08:21 AM UTC-10, wrote:
> I used to be able to buy locally but seems to have moved from Hawaii
> to CA and I was told it was available in CA, Oregon & parts of WA.
>
> Made in Mele-koi farms, in Lihue, Kauai, Hawaii. I also found a VERY
> old reference to Newark Beach, CA
>
> Anybody got a LINK or tele to a place that sells it????? Maybe it
> has changed names or brand as I do believe the original owner is no
> longer with us.
>
> Thanks

My guess is that you could pulse some flaked coconut and powdered sugar in a blender and come up with a similar product. Mix in some meringue powder if you like afterwards. Good luck!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/4/2017 10:13 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

>> On Fri, 03 Feb 2017 11:07:59 -0800,
>> wrote:
>>
>> I used to be able to buy locally but seems to have moved from Hawaii
>> to CA and I was told it was available in CA, Oregon & parts of WA.
>>
>> Made in Mele-koi farms, in Lihue, Kauai, Hawaii. I also found a VERY
>> old reference to Newark Beach, CA
>>
>> Anybody got a LINK or tele to a place that sells it????? Maybe it
>> has changed names or brand as I do believe the original owner is no
>> longer with us.

http://www.manta.com/c/mm7fb8d/mele-koi-farms

I found a description on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/review/R5WVO00WYZSCM

It's an old listing, apparently the product is used for making Pina
Coladas. Me, I just used canned cream de coconut with pineapple juice
and rum. Back in the 1970's.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 4 Feb 2017 10:36:37 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 2/4/2017 10:13 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>
>>> On Fri, 03 Feb 2017 11:07:59 -0800,
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I used to be able to buy locally but seems to have moved from Hawaii
>>> to CA and I was told it was available in CA, Oregon & parts of WA.
>>>
>>> Made in Mele-koi farms, in Lihue, Kauai, Hawaii. I also found a VERY
>>> old reference to Newark Beach, CA
>>>
>>> Anybody got a LINK or tele to a place that sells it????? Maybe it
>>> has changed names or brand as I do believe the original owner is no
>>> longer with us.

http://www.manta.com/c/mm7fb8d/mele-koi-farms

>I found a description on Amazon:
>
>https://www.amazon.com/review/R5WVO00WYZSCM
>
>It's an old listing, apparently the product is used for making Pina
>Coladas. Me, I just used canned cream de coconut with pineapple juice
>and rum. Back in the 1970's.
>
>Jill

I use Coco Lopez, good with rum but excellent for baking and cooking
too.
http://www.cocolopez.com/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/4/2017 5:26 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Feb 2017 10:36:37 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:

http://www.manta.com/c/mm7fb8d/mele-koi-farms

>> I found a description on Amazon:
>>
>> https://www.amazon.com/review/R5WVO00WYZSCM
>>
>> It's an old listing, apparently the product is used for making Pina
>> Coladas. Me, I just used canned cream de coconut with pineapple juice
>> and rum. Back in the 1970's.
>>
>> Jill

> I use Coco Lopez, good with rum but excellent for baking and cooking
> too.
> http://www.cocolopez.com/

That's the brand I used to buy. 1970's. I used to mix a batch in the
blender for my mother and myself. We'd sit at the kitchen table, sip on
pina coladas and have a gab-fest.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Saturday, February 4, 2017 at 2:39:39 PM UTC-8, Jill McQuown wrote:
> On 2/4/2017 5:26 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> > On Sat, 4 Feb 2017 10:36:37 -0500, jmcquown >
> > wrote:

http://www.manta.com/c/mm7fb8d/mele-koi-farms

> >> I found a description on Amazon:
> >>
> >> https://www.amazon.com/review/R5WVO00WYZSCM
> >>
> >> It's an old listing, apparently the product is used for making Pina
> >> Coladas. Me, I just used canned cream de coconut with pineapple juice
> >> and rum. Back in the 1970's.
> >>
> >> Jill

> > I use Coco Lopez, good with rum but excellent for baking and cooking
> > too.
> > http://www.cocolopez.com/
> >

> That's the brand I used to buy. 1970's. I used to mix a batch in the
> blender for my mother and myself. We'd sit at the kitchen table, sip on
> pina coladas and have a gab-fest.
>
> Jill

saw this today.....you probably can make your own

http://freecoconutrecipes.com/homema...-pina-coladas/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/4/2017 8:33 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
> On Saturday, February 4, 2017 at 2:39:39 PM UTC-8, Jill McQuown wrote:
>> On 2/4/2017 5:26 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

http://www.manta.com/c/mm7fb8d/mele-koi-farms

>>> I use Coco Lopez, good with rum but excellent for baking and cooking
>>> too.
>>> http://www.cocolopez.com/
>>>

>> That's the brand I used to buy. 1970's. I used to mix a batch in the
>> blender for my mother and myself. We'd sit at the kitchen table, sip on
>> pina coladas and have a gab-fest.
>>
>> Jill

> saw this today.....you probably can make your own
>
> http://freecoconutrecipes.com/homema...-pina-coladas/

Looks like more trouble than it's worth. I'm sure there are a few folks
around who still drink pina coladas but I don't know any of them.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
>ImStillMags wrote:
>>Jill McQuown wrote:

>>> That's the brand I used to buy. 1970's. I used to mix a batch in the
>>> blender for my mother and myself. We'd sit at the kitchen table, sip on
>>> pina coladas and have a gab-fest.

>> saw this today.....you probably can make your own:
>> http://freecoconutrecipes.com/homema...-pina-coladas/
>>

>Looks like more trouble than it's worth. I'm sure there are a few folks
>around who still drink pina coladas but I don't know any of them.

It's beyond silly to make one's own Coco Lopez, all I do is open a
can. I like pina coladas, I also use Coco Lopez for baking... I think
it's about time I prepare another pina colada pineapple upside down
cake.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, February 3, 2017 at 11:08:21 AM UTC-8, wrote:
> I used to be able to buy locally but seems to have moved from Hawaii
> to CA and I was told it was available in CA, Oregon & parts of WA.
>
> Made in Mele-koi farms, in Lihue, Kauai, Hawaii. I also found a VERY
> old reference to Newark Beach, CA
>
> Anybody got a LINK or tele to a place that sells it????? Maybe it
> has changed names or brand as I do believe the original owner is no
> longer with us.
>
> Thanks

Here's the info off the case box I have.

PO box 2987 Newport Beach CA 92663

The last case I ordered in 2010 was from:

Liquorama Wine and Spirits
901 W Foothill blvd #A
Upland CA,