Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Krazy Korean Burger

A few days ago I bought Judy Joo's cookbook "Korean Made Simple".
I made the Krazy Korean Burger from it and dang, is that ever a great
burger, a bit spicy and very moist
That's the first of many I'd like to try.

Here's the recipe and step by step

http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...r-burgers.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/zyjnspl

koko

James Beard
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 09 Jan 2017 20:27:58 -0800, koko > wrote:

>A few days ago I bought Judy Joo's cookbook "Korean Made Simple".
>I made the Krazy Korean Burger from it and dang, is that ever a great
>burger, a bit spicy and very moist
>That's the first of many I'd like to try.
>
>Here's the recipe and step by step
>
>http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...r-burgers.html
>or
>http://tinyurl.com/zyjnspl

That's a Krazy lot of Korean Krap for a burger... has to be awful
stinkypoo pre ground mystery meat what needs all that Krazy Korean
Krap to hide the stench.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 09 Jan 2017 20:27:58 -0800, koko > wrote:

>A few days ago I bought Judy Joo's cookbook "Korean Made Simple".
>I made the Krazy Korean Burger from it and dang, is that ever a great
>burger, a bit spicy and very moist
>That's the first of many I'd like to try.
>
>Here's the recipe and step by step
>
>http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...r-burgers.html
>or
>http://tinyurl.com/zyjnspl

Wasn't expecting to see pancetta in there. Looks and sounds very nice.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

koko wrote:

> A few days ago I bought Judy Joo's cookbook "Korean Made Simple".
> I made the Krazy Korean Burger from it and dang, is that ever a great
> burger, a bit spicy and very moist

Sounds very good but certainly too many ingredients for me to ever
try. Please email me one. ;-D
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 10 Jan 2017 18:17:45 +1100, Jeßus > wrote:

>On Mon, 09 Jan 2017 20:27:58 -0800, koko > wrote:
>

>>A few days ago I bought Judy Joo's cookbook "Korean Made Simple".
>>I made the Krazy Korean Burger from it and dang, is that ever a great
>>burger, a bit spicy and very moist
>>That's the first of many I'd like to try.
>>
>>Here's the recipe and step by step
>>
>>http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...r-burgers.html
>>or
>>http://tinyurl.com/zyjnspl

>Wasn't expecting to see pancetta in there. Looks and sounds very nice.

I wasn't either but it was really good. I hope you try it sometime.

koko

James Beard

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 10 Jan 2017 10:29:10 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>koko wrote:
>>
>> A few days ago I bought Judy Joo's cookbook "Korean Made Simple".
>> I made the Krazy Korean Burger from it and dang, is that ever a great
>> burger, a bit spicy and very moist

>Sounds very good but certainly too many ingredients for me to ever
>try. Please email me one. ;-D

O.K. next time I make it. ;-)

koko

James Beard
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, January 9, 2017 at 6:28:00 PM UTC-10, koko wrote:
> A few days ago I bought Judy Joo's cookbook "Korean Made Simple".
> I made the Krazy Korean Burger from it and dang, is that ever a great
> burger, a bit spicy and very moist
> That's the first of many I'd like to try.
>
> Here's the recipe and step by step
>
> http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...r-burgers.html
> or
> http://tinyurl.com/zyjnspl
>

> koko
>
> --
>
> Food is our common ground, a universal experience
> James Beard

I've made kim chee burgers before. There's several ways to approach the concept. One of my favorite sandwiches is a hamburger patty with teriyaki sauce on a bun with kim chee. You also chop up kim chee and add it to the mix. Don't forget to add kim chee juice.

Adding chopped Spam wouldn't be wrong - after all, the S Koreans eat more Spam per person than any other country. I don't know if they eat more Spam than the Hawaiians though. OTOH, it's not a race.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Je?us wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Jan 2017 20:27:58 -0800, koko > wrote:
>

>>A few days ago I bought Judy Joo's cookbook "Korean Made Simple".
>>I made the Krazy Korean Burger from it and dang, is that ever a great
>>burger, a bit spicy and very moist
>>That's the first of many I'd like to try.
>>
>>Here's the recipe and step by step
>>
>>http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...r-burgers.html
>>or
>>http://tinyurl.com/zyjnspl

> Wasn't expecting to see pancetta in there. Looks and sounds very nice.

you mean, krazy!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Mon, 09 Jan 2017 20:27:58 -0800, koko > wrote:
>

> > A few days ago I bought Judy Joo's cookbook "Korean Made Simple".
> > I made the Krazy Korean Burger from it and dang, is that ever a
> > great burger, a bit spicy and very moist
> > That's the first of many I'd like to try.
> >
> > Here's the recipe and step by step
> >
> > http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...little-life-to
> > -your-burgers.html or
> > http://tinyurl.com/zyjnspl

> That's a Krazy lot of Korean Krap for a burger... has to be awful
> stinkypoo pre ground mystery meat what needs all that Krazy Korean
> Krap to hide the stench.

You've become clueless on anything but Korean era USA cooking Sad to
see.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/10/2017 6:39 PM, cshenk wrote:
> Brooklyn1 wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> On Mon, 09 Jan 2017 20:27:58 -0800, koko > wrote:
>>

>>> A few days ago I bought Judy Joo's cookbook "Korean Made Simple".
>>> I made the Krazy Korean Burger from it and dang, is that ever a
>>> great burger, a bit spicy and very moist
>>> That's the first of many I'd like to try.
>>>
>>> Here's the recipe and step by step
>>>
>>> http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...little-life-to
>>> -your-burgers.html or
>>> http://tinyurl.com/zyjnspl

>> That's a Krazy lot of Korean Krap for a burger... has to be awful
>> stinkypoo pre ground mystery meat what needs all that Krazy Korean
>> Krap to hide the stench.

> You've become clueless on anything but Korean era USA cooking Sad to
> see.

Sheldon doesn't know much about Korea, he's just channeling old "chink
shops" in China Town/Brooklyn. LOL He's just having his usual fun.

I've not made the burgers koko made. I do havea recipe my mother deemed
"Oriental" burgers. The ingredients include soy sauce, ginger, minced
water chestnuts and mushrooms added to the meat. The burgers are very
moist, so I add a little cornstarch to the mixture to bind the mix together.

They're delicious, but not something I go out of my way to prepare often.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 7:22:56 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
> On 1/10/2017 6:39 PM, cshenk wrote:
> > Brooklyn1 wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> >> That's a Krazy lot of Korean Krap for a burger... has to be awful
> >> stinkypoo pre ground mystery meat what needs all that Krazy Korean
> >> Krap to hide the stench.

> > You've become clueless on anything but Korean era USA cooking Sad to
> > see.
> >

> Sheldon doesn't know much about Korea, he's just channeling old "chink
> shops" in China Town/Brooklyn. LOL He's just having his usual fun.

I think there was a word missing from koko's post. "Korean War era".
He's stuck in the early 1950s in every respect.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 11 Jan 2017 03:11:57 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 7:22:56 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:

>> > You've become clueless on anything but Korean era USA cooking Sad to
>> > see.
>> >

>> Sheldon doesn't know much about Korea, he's just channeling old "chink
>> shops" in China Town/Brooklyn. LOL He's just having his usual fun.

>I think there was a word missing from koko's post. "Korean War era".
>He's stuck in the early 1950s in every respect.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

You're completely out of touch... there is a very good chance there
will be a continuence of conflict with N. Korea... it never ended.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 10 Jan 2017 20:57:38 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> wrote:

>Je?us wrote:
>> On Mon, 09 Jan 2017 20:27:58 -0800, koko > wrote:
>>

>>>A few days ago I bought Judy Joo's cookbook "Korean Made Simple".
>>>I made the Krazy Korean Burger from it and dang, is that ever a great
>>>burger, a bit spicy and very moist
>>>That's the first of many I'd like to try.
>>>
>>>Here's the recipe and step by step
>>>
>>>http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...r-burgers.html
>>>or
>>>http://tinyurl.com/zyjnspl

>> Wasn't expecting to see pancetta in there. Looks and sounds very nice.

>you mean, krazy!

You're right
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On 1/10/2017 6:39 PM, cshenk wrote:
> > Brooklyn1 wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> > > That's a Krazy lot of Korean Krap for a burger... has to be awful
> > > stinkypoo pre ground mystery meat what needs all that Krazy Korean
> > > Krap to hide the stench.

> > You've become clueless on anything but Korean era USA cooking Sad
> > to see.
> >

> Sheldon doesn't know much about Korea, he's just channeling old
> "chink shops" in China Town/Brooklyn. LOL He's just having his usual
> fun.
>
> I've not made the burgers koko made. I do havea recipe my mother
> deemed "Oriental" burgers. The ingredients include soy sauce,
> ginger, minced water chestnuts and mushrooms added to the meat. The
> burgers are very moist, so I add a little cornstarch to the mixture
> to bind the mix together.
>
> They're delicious, but not something I go out of my way to prepare
> often.
>
> Jill

That sounds rather interesting and not something I have had. Water
chestnuts in a burger interst me! I do not know if I would like them,
but i would like to try it!

Krazy salt [email protected] General Cooking 1 09-12-2014 03:42 AM
Krazy salt F Murtz General Cooking 2 08-12-2014 06:47 PM
Korean Tea Ceremony: Major Eras of Korean Tea Culture 韓國茶文化 icetea8 Tea 0 13-04-2012 07:53 PM
Korean Tea Ceremony: Major Eras of Korean Tea Culture 韓國茶文化 icetea8 Tea 0 13-04-2012 07:47 PM
Krazy Salsa Dip Meaghan Recipes (moderated) 0 09-01-2007 01:21 AM