FoodBanter.com

-   -   A Slower Pace for TV’s ‘Galloping Gourmet’ (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/440502-re-slower-pace-tv.html)

[email protected] 09-01-2017 11:56 PM

A Slower Pace for TV’s ‘Galloping Gourmet’

On Mon, 9 Jan 2017 17:26:43 -0500, Travis McGee >
wrote:

>A Slower Pace for TV’s ‘Galloping Gourmet’
>
>By KIRK JOHNSONJAN. 9, 2017
>
>MOUNT VERNON, Wash. — He injected extra fat into already well-marbled
>roasts, with a grin and an ever-present glass of wine. He laughed
>uproariously at his own jokes, and told Americans that cooking at home

snipped for brevity

Thanks, a nice article, didn't realise he was still alive! I lost
interest in him when he `got religion` and didn`t know what became of
him since then. My father was a good cook and when he was here in
Canada saw the show and was really encouraged to try more things. I
liked that both he and Julia showed their failures and how they
resuscitated them, far more inspiring to learners :)