Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Manchester

Tell you what Gary, you go live in Manchester as I did for 9 months and then
come back and discuss it.

OK? My 'limited' experience is still one hell of a lot longer than yours.

Let me ask a question. Is there anyone you know that you really, really
dislike?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> Tell you what Gary, you go live in Manchester as I did for 9 months and then
> come back and discuss it.

I'll get back to you in 9 months then. heheh

> OK? My 'limited' experience is still one hell of a lot longer than yours.

Yes, you are correct. So you evidently ran into many mean people in
Manchester. Didn't you meet some very nice people too? I would never
label a town or city bad because of a few people. There are good and bad
everywhere you go. Every neighborhood always seems to have at least one
trouble maker.
Even every single person has their good and bad sides.

> Let me ask a question. Is there anyone you know that you really, really
> dislike?

Nope. I concentrate on the good that all people have. If someone is not
nice, knowing their history often explains why they are that way. I
worked with an arrogant, unfriendly fellow for 2.5 years. It wasn't fun
at all for me but I countered his rude comments by either saying nothing
and just dealing with his good side. I never fought him (verbally). We
ended up becoming good friends. I won in the end.

Holding a grudge against someone won't affect them in the least. It only
eats at you.

"Be excellent to one another"

If someone wants to argue with me for some dumb reason, I'll just walk
away. I don't need to get in the last word. It's not "running away" it's
"walking away" from some worthless conflict.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:

> Tell you what Gary, you go live in Manchester as I did for 9 months and
> then
> come back and discuss it.

I'll get back to you in 9 months then. heheh

> OK? My 'limited' experience is still one hell of a lot longer than yours.

Yes, you are correct. So you evidently ran into many mean people in
Manchester. Didn't you meet some very nice people too? I would never
label a town or city bad because of a few people. There are good and bad
everywhere you go. Every neighborhood always seems to have at least one
trouble maker.
Even every single person has their good and bad sides.
=================

They were generally unpleasant. Usually if I am out and about there is the
odd word between people. Try that there and they look at you as though you
are mad.

The people around me would just stare past if you said good morning. It
didn't take me long to stop.

Saying that a place is wonderful because you know a couple of people from
there is crazy. Perhaps they got nice after they left.

Of course not every single person was nasty, but the greater number of them
were than were pleasant.

During that time I travelled with my husband, I lived in 5 different places
and that was the *only* one to which I will never return.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-01-10 10:27 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> "Gary" wrote in message ...
>
> Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> Tell you what Gary, you go live in Manchester as I did for 9 months
>> and then
>> come back and discuss it.

> I'll get back to you in 9 months then. heheh
>

>> OK? My 'limited' experience is still one hell of a lot longer than
>> yours.

> Yes, you are correct. So you evidently ran into many mean people in
> Manchester. Didn't you meet some very nice people too? I would never
> label a town or city bad because of a few people. There are good and bad
> everywhere you go. Every neighborhood always seems to have at least one
> trouble maker.
> Even every single person has their good and bad sides.
> =================
>
> They were generally unpleasant. Usually if I am out and about there is
> the odd word between people. Try that there and they look at you as
> though you are mad.
>
> The people around me would just stare past if you said good morning. It
> didn't take me long to stop.
>
> Saying that a place is wonderful because you know a couple of people
> from there is crazy. Perhaps they got nice after they left.
>
> Of course not every single person was nasty, but the greater number of
> them were than were pleasant.
>
> During that time I travelled with my husband, I lived in 5 different
> places and that was the *only* one to which I will never return.

There used to be a well-known violin repair shop in Manchester run by a
father and son. The father was in the habit of going to the pub most
nights. On one particularly cold night he returned to find the doors
locked. His son wouldn't let him in until the old man agreed to make
over the business to him.
I met the son once. He was a nasty piece of work.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-01-10 10:27 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> "Gary" wrote in message ...
>
> Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> Tell you what Gary, you go live in Manchester as I did for 9 months
>> and then
>> come back and discuss it.

> I'll get back to you in 9 months then. heheh
>

>> OK? My 'limited' experience is still one hell of a lot longer than
>> yours.

> Yes, you are correct. So you evidently ran into many mean people in
> Manchester. Didn't you meet some very nice people too? I would never
> label a town or city bad because of a few people. There are good and bad
> everywhere you go. Every neighborhood always seems to have at least one
> trouble maker.
> Even every single person has their good and bad sides.
> =================
>
> They were generally unpleasant. Usually if I am out and about there is
> the odd word between people. Try that there and they look at you as
> though you are mad.
>
> The people around me would just stare past if you said good morning. It
> didn't take me long to stop.
>
> Saying that a place is wonderful because you know a couple of people
> from there is crazy. Perhaps they got nice after they left.
>
> Of course not every single person was nasty, but the greater number of
> them were than were pleasant.
>
> During that time I travelled with my husband, I lived in 5 different
> places and that was the *only* one to which I will never return.

There used to be a well-known violin repair shop in Manchester run by a
father and son. The father was in the habit of going to the pub most
nights. On one particularly cold night he returned to find the doors
locked. His son wouldn't let him in until the old man agreed to make
over the business to him.
I met the son once. He was a nasty piece of work.

========================

Ugh!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> The people around me would just stare past if you said good morning. It
> didn't take me long to stop.

Arrghh. I had some upstairs neighbors like that once. I'd say hi and
they would just walk past me and say nothing. How odd was that?

They turned out to be scum, got kicked out for not paying rent and they
trashed their apartment too.

You are a nice person, Ophy, so I'm surprised that you remain
in RFC. LOL. Talk about a hostile environment.

Stay in this group and we all have to "run the gauntlet" occasionally.
Just one innocent comment can be taken wrong and all hell breaks loose.
oh man! ;-D

Note: the person that first invited me here warned me about that though.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:

> The people around me would just stare past if you said good morning. It
> didn't take me long to stop.

Arrghh. I had some upstairs neighbors like that once. I'd say hi and
they would just walk past me and say nothing. How odd was that?

They turned out to be scum, got kicked out for not paying rent and they
trashed their apartment too.

You are a nice person, Ophy, so I'm surprised that you remain
in RFC. LOL. Talk about a hostile environment.

Stay in this group and we all have to "run the gauntlet" occasionally.
Just one innocent comment can be taken wrong and all hell breaks loose.
oh man! ;-D

Note: the person that first invited me here warned me about that though

LOL thanks. I think I've been here enough years to know how it works It
is still worth it for the few nice and friendly ones. I have to admit
though that several of the regular posters reside in my killfile

Life's too short to put up with constant nastiness. I bet they don't behave
like that at home

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk