Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Luker baking chocolate (from Goya) - your opinion?

This brand is not LABELED as being for baking - but the ingredients said only "chocolate mass." (Kind of odd.)

It's cheap - $5.94 for 8.8 oz. Does anyone have any opinion as to the quality? (Amazon only has two reviews.)

Here's an image:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....1L._SX355_.jpg

(I've always wanted to make Spanish-style chocolate for dipping French bread in; it was as thick as pudding.)

Lenona.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 5 Jan 2017 14:55:58 -0800 (PST), wrote:

>This brand is not LABELED as being for baking - but the ingredients said only "chocolate mass." (Kind of odd.)
>
>It's cheap - $5.94 for 8.8 oz. Does anyone have any opinion as to the quality? (Amazon only has two reviews.)
>
>Here's an image:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....1L._SX355_.jpg

>(I've always wanted to make Spanish-style chocolate for dipping French bread in; it was as thick as pudding.)
>
>Lenona.

I have some that I bought some 20 years ago, it's good for Mexican
style hot chocolate but not for much else. I bought it at a famous
Hispanic market on Long Island, Brentwood Market, I shopped there
practically every day, but they are no longer in business, the
neighborhood changed and they closed.

Ingredients say 100% pure cocoa. Manufactured by S.C.S. de Jose Jesus
Restrepo & Cia. S. A. Manizales Product of Colombia. Weighs 8.6 oz. I
paid $1.59... that's what the label says.
It's been sitting in my cupboard all these years in a zip-loc, about
3/4 remaining, don't remember what I used it for. It's been sitting
all these years, forgot I had it until I saw your post. If you want
it I will be happy to mail it to you, give me a snail mail addy. If
you're interested I will give you my email addy. If the email addy
you have posted is working I already sent you an email... let me know
if you want it and where to send it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 5 Jan 2017 14:55:58 -0800 (PST), wrote:

> This brand is not LABELED as being for baking - but the ingredients said only "chocolate mass." (Kind of odd.)
>
> It's cheap - $5.94 for 8.8 oz. Does anyone have any opinion as to the quality? (Amazon only has two reviews.)
>
> Here's an image:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....1L._SX355_.jpg

> (I've always wanted to make Spanish-style chocolate for dipping French bread in; it was as thick as pudding.)
>
> Lenona.

It's bitter chocolate.
http://www.foodservicedirect.com/pro...-Chocolate.htm
No opinion about quality, but the price is right so what the heck?
Try it and decide for yourself.

Did you know you need cornstarch to make Spanish chocolate?
Seriously! Here's a good example.
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...ocolate-230547

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 05 Jan 2017 20:01:14 -0500, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

>On Thu, 5 Jan 2017 14:55:58 -0800 (PST), wrote:
>
>>This brand is not LABELED as being for baking - but the ingredients said only "chocolate mass." (Kind of odd.)
>>
>>It's cheap - $5.94 for 8.8 oz. Does anyone have any opinion as to the quality? (Amazon only has two reviews.)
>>
>>Here's an image:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....1L._SX355_.jpg

>>(I've always wanted to make Spanish-style chocolate for dipping French bread in; it was as thick as pudding.)
>>
>>Lenona.

>I have some that I bought some 20 years ago, it's good for Mexican
>style hot chocolate but not for much else. I bought it at a famous
>Hispanic market on Long Island, Brentwood Market, I shopped there
>practically every day, but they are no longer in business, the
>neighborhood changed and they closed.
>
>Ingredients say 100% pure cocoa. Manufactured by S.C.S. de Jose Jesus
>Restrepo & Cia. S. A. Manizales Product of Colombia. Weighs 8.6 oz. I
>paid $1.59... that's what the label says.
>It's been sitting in my cupboard all these years in a zip-loc, about
>3/4 remaining, don't remember what I used it for. It's been sitting
>all these years, forgot I had it until I saw your post. If you want
>it I will be happy to mail it to you, give me a snail mail addy. If
>you're interested I will give you my email addy. If the email addy
>you have posted is working I already sent you an email... let me know
>if you want it and where to send it.

In general, chocolate has a shelf life of about 2 years. You just
haven't been able to tell the difference. You know that 20 years is
too long to keep a food stuff, right?
http://www.eatbydate.com/other/sweet...piration-date/
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 6, 2017 at 2:19:07 AM UTC-5, sf wrote:

> Did you know you need cornstarch to make Spanish chocolate?
> Seriously! Here's a good example.
> http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...ocolate-230547

Thanks for that. The four comments are worthwhile too. Since Luker does not include cocoa butter and I don't have any, I wonder if I could/should use plain butter?

Lenona.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 06 Jan 2017 07:55:35 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Thu, 05 Jan 2017 20:01:14 -0500, Brooklyn1
> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 5 Jan 2017 14:55:58 -0800 (PST), wrote:
>>
>>>This brand is not LABELED as being for baking - but the ingredients said only "chocolate mass." (Kind of odd.)
>>>
>>>It's cheap - $5.94 for 8.8 oz. Does anyone have any opinion as to the quality? (Amazon only has two reviews.)
>>>
>>>Here's an image:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....1L._SX355_.jpg

>>>(I've always wanted to make Spanish-style chocolate for dipping French bread in; it was as thick as pudding.)
>>>
>>>Lenona.

>>I have some that I bought some 20 years ago, it's good for Mexican
>>style hot chocolate but not for much else. I bought it at a famous
>>Hispanic market on Long Island, Brentwood Market, I shopped there
>>practically every day, but they are no longer in business, the
>>neighborhood changed and they closed.
>>
>>Ingredients say 100% pure cocoa. Manufactured by S.C.S. de Jose Jesus
>>Restrepo & Cia. S. A. Manizales Product of Colombia. Weighs 8.6 oz. I
>>paid $1.59... that's what the label says.
>>It's been sitting in my cupboard all these years in a zip-loc, about
>>3/4 remaining, don't remember what I used it for. It's been sitting
>>all these years, forgot I had it until I saw your post. If you want
>>it I will be happy to mail it to you, give me a snail mail addy. If
>>you're interested I will give you my email addy. If the email addy
>>you have posted is working I already sent you an email... let me know
>>if you want it and where to send it.

>In general, chocolate has a shelf life of about 2 years. You just
>haven't been able to tell the difference. You know that 20 years is
>too long to keep a food stuff, right?
>http://www.eatbydate.com/other/sweet...piration-date/
>Janet US

Nothing at that site is true. Chocolate when properly stored can last
forever but with most commonly purchased commercial chocolates ten
years is a reasonable storage time. The white deposit that develops
on chocolate is called "bloom", it's the fat migrating to the surface
and is NOT spoilage, can be safely eaten.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 06 Jan 2017 12:36:09 -0500, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

>On Fri, 06 Jan 2017 07:55:35 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
>wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 05 Jan 2017 20:01:14 -0500, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....1L._SX355_.jpg

>>>I have some that I bought some 20 years ago, it's good for Mexican
>>>style hot chocolate but not for much else. I bought it at a famous
>>>Hispanic market on Long Island, Brentwood Market, I shopped there
>>>practically every day, but they are no longer in business, the
>>>neighborhood changed and they closed.
>>>
>>>Ingredients say 100% pure cocoa. Manufactured by S.C.S. de Jose Jesus
>>>Restrepo & Cia. S. A. Manizales Product of Colombia. Weighs 8.6 oz. I
>>>paid $1.59... that's what the label says.
>>>It's been sitting in my cupboard all these years in a zip-loc, about
>>>3/4 remaining, don't remember what I used it for. It's been sitting
>>>all these years, forgot I had it until I saw your post. If you want
>>>it I will be happy to mail it to you, give me a snail mail addy. If
>>>you're interested I will give you my email addy. If the email addy
>>>you have posted is working I already sent you an email... let me know
>>>if you want it and where to send it.

>>In general, chocolate has a shelf life of about 2 years. You just
>>haven't been able to tell the difference. You know that 20 years is
>>too long to keep a food stuff, right?
>>http://www.eatbydate.com/other/sweet...piration-date/
>>Janet US

>Nothing at that site is true. Chocolate when properly stored can last
>forever but with most commonly purchased commercial chocolates ten
>years is a reasonable storage time. The white deposit that develops
>on chocolate is called "bloom", it's the fat migrating to the surface
>and is NOT spoilage, can be safely eaten.

Too bad you didn't read it. It never said the bloom would kill you.
It talked of lost quality. I also said that if you had been using the
same stuff for 20 years you were not able to tell the difference.
Sure, that block of chocolate will be around for a long, long time. If
I'm going to go to the bother of preparing something, I want all the
flavor that should be there. Your argument about aging spices and
herbs applies equally here.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 06 Jan 2017 12:07:59 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Fri, 06 Jan 2017 12:36:09 -0500, Brooklyn1
> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 06 Jan 2017 07:55:35 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
>>wrote:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....1L._SX355_.jpg

>>>In general, chocolate has a shelf life of about 2 years. You just
>>>haven't been able to tell the difference. You know that 20 years is
>>>too long to keep a food stuff, right?
>>>http://www.eatbydate.com/other/sweet...piration-date/
>>>Janet US

>>Nothing at that site is true. Chocolate when properly stored can last
>>forever but with most commonly purchased commercial chocolates ten
>>years is a reasonable storage time. The white deposit that develops
>>on chocolate is called "bloom", it's the fat migrating to the surface
>>and is NOT spoilage, can be safely eaten.

>Too bad you didn't read it. It never said the bloom would kill you.
>It talked of lost quality.

There's no change in quality, none whatsoever... just close your eyes.
Actually chocolate bloom proves it's high quality chocolate.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 6, 2017 at 4:55:44 AM UTC-10, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Jan 2017 20:01:14 -0500, Brooklyn1
> > wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 5 Jan 2017 14:55:58 -0800 (PST), wrote:
> >
> >>This brand is not LABELED as being for baking - but the ingredients said only "chocolate mass." (Kind of odd.)
> >>
> >>It's cheap - $5.94 for 8.8 oz. Does anyone have any opinion as to the quality? (Amazon only has two reviews.)
> >>
> >>Here's an image:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....1L._SX355_.jpg

> >>(I've always wanted to make Spanish-style chocolate for dipping French bread in; it was as thick as pudding.)
> >>
> >>Lenona.

> >I have some that I bought some 20 years ago, it's good for Mexican
> >style hot chocolate but not for much else. I bought it at a famous
> >Hispanic market on Long Island, Brentwood Market, I shopped there
> >practically every day, but they are no longer in business, the
> >neighborhood changed and they closed.
> >
> >Ingredients say 100% pure cocoa. Manufactured by S.C.S. de Jose Jesus
> >Restrepo & Cia. S. A. Manizales Product of Colombia. Weighs 8.6 oz. I
> >paid $1.59... that's what the label says.
> >It's been sitting in my cupboard all these years in a zip-loc, about
> >3/4 remaining, don't remember what I used it for. It's been sitting
> >all these years, forgot I had it until I saw your post. If you want
> >it I will be happy to mail it to you, give me a snail mail addy. If
> >you're interested I will give you my email addy. If the email addy
> >you have posted is working I already sent you an email... let me know
> >if you want it and where to send it.

> In general, chocolate has a shelf life of about 2 years. You just
> haven't been able to tell the difference. You know that 20 years is
> too long to keep a food stuff, right?
> http://www.eatbydate.com/other/sweet...piration-date/
> Janet US

I can't say what 20 year old chocolate would taste like but I'm willing to bet 5 bucks that it won't taste like chocolate.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 6 Jan 2017 08:09:24 -0800 (PST), wrote:

> On Friday, January 6, 2017 at 2:19:07 AM UTC-5, sf wrote:
>

> > Did you know you need cornstarch to make Spanish chocolate?
> > Seriously! Here's a good example.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...ocolate-230547

> Thanks for that. The four comments are worthwhile too. Since Luker does not include cocoa butter and I don't have any, I wonder if I could/should use plain butter?

The recipe calls for bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened). Bitter
chocolate is unsweetened chocolate, and the difference between the two
is sugar not the amount of cocoa butter - so you'll need to add 1
tablespoon granulated sugar per ounce of bitter chocolate to simulate
bitter/semi-sweet.

Not sure why you think Luker doesn't have cocoa butter or why it
matters. In any case, I think adding cow butter would ruin the
flavor. Add heavy cream if you must, but Spanish chocolate is a very
dark chocolate and you'd be turning it into milk chocolate if you do.

As far as cornstarch.... you want it a lot thicker than hot chocolate,
but not as thick as pudding. It's a dipping chocolate. Dip your
churros in it (Trader Joe's has them in their freezer section) My
biggest problem with the Spanish chocolate I had in Spain was they
added so much cornstarch I could taste it. Weird but true. I make
cornstarch pudding and don't taste the cornstarch, so I'm not sure
what the difference is. It's a mystery to me.

As far as what's the difference between bittersweet and semisweet
chocolate... nobody agrees, but I think there's a bit more "chocolate
mass" in bittersweet. IOW, it's more chocolatey tasting - so Luker +
sugar should work.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> I can't say what 20 year old chocolate would taste like but
> I'm willing to bet 5 bucks that it won't taste like chocolate.

and I'm willing to bet $5 that I'll never find out.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 6, 2017 at 8:55:44 AM UTC-6, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Jan 2017 20:01:14 -0500, Brooklyn1
> > wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 5 Jan 2017 14:55:58 -0800 (PST), wrote:
> >
> >>This brand is not LABELED as being for baking - but the ingredients said only "chocolate mass." (Kind of odd.)
> >>
> >>It's cheap - $5.94 for 8.8 oz. Does anyone have any opinion as to the quality? (Amazon only has two reviews.)
> >>
> >>Here's an image:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....1L._SX355_.jpg

> >>(I've always wanted to make Spanish-style chocolate for dipping French bread in; it was as thick as pudding.)
> >>
> >>Lenona.

> >I have some that I bought some 20 years ago, it's good for Mexican
> >style hot chocolate but not for much else. I bought it at a famous
> >Hispanic market on Long Island, Brentwood Market, I shopped there
> >practically every day, but they are no longer in business, the
> >neighborhood changed and they closed.
> >
> >Ingredients say 100% pure cocoa. Manufactured by S.C.S. de Jose Jesus
> >Restrepo & Cia. S. A. Manizales Product of Colombia. Weighs 8.6 oz. I
> >paid $1.59... that's what the label says.
> >It's been sitting in my cupboard all these years in a zip-loc, about
> >3/4 remaining, don't remember what I used it for. It's been sitting
> >all these years, forgot I had it until I saw your post. If you want
> >it I will be happy to mail it to you, give me a snail mail addy. If
> >you're interested I will give you my email addy. If the email addy
> >you have posted is working I already sent you an email... let me know
> >if you want it and where to send it.

> In general, chocolate has a shelf life of about 2 years. You just
> haven't been able to tell the difference. You know that 20 years is
> too long to keep a food stuff, right?
> http://www.eatbydate.com/other/sweet...piration-date/
> Janet US

In my EXPERIENCE, I keep my chocolate in a refrigerator! Hopefully air tight!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 6, 2017 at 11:36:15 AM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Nothing at that site is true. Chocolate when properly stored can last
> forever...

Oh BS! Nothing lasts forever! Unchanged!! Grow up man!

And remember, I've played with chocolate probably longer than anyone else here!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 6, 2017 at 6:12:24 PM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:
> On Friday, January 6, 2017 at 4:55:44 AM UTC-10, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> > On Thu, 05 Jan 2017 20:01:14 -0500, Brooklyn1
> > > wrote:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....1L._SX355_.jpg

> > >I have some that I bought some 20 years ago, it's good for Mexican
> > >style hot chocolate but not for much else. I bought it at a famous
> > >Hispanic market on Long Island, Brentwood Market, I shopped there
> > >practically every day, but they are no longer in business, the
> > >neighborhood changed and they closed.
> > >
> > >Ingredients say 100% pure cocoa. Manufactured by S.C.S. de Jose Jesus
> > >Restrepo & Cia. S. A. Manizales Product of Colombia. Weighs 8.6 oz. I
> > >paid $1.59... that's what the label says.
> > >It's been sitting in my cupboard all these years in a zip-loc, about
> > >3/4 remaining, don't remember what I used it for. It's been sitting
> > >all these years, forgot I had it until I saw your post. If you want
> > >it I will be happy to mail it to you, give me a snail mail addy. If
> > >you're interested I will give you my email addy. If the email addy
> > >you have posted is working I already sent you an email... let me know
> > >if you want it and where to send it.

> > In general, chocolate has a shelf life of about 2 years. You just
> > haven't been able to tell the difference. You know that 20 years is
> > too long to keep a food stuff, right?
> > http://www.eatbydate.com/other/sweet...piration-date/
> > Janet US

> I can't say what 20 year old chocolate would taste like but I'm willing to bet 5 bucks that it won't taste like chocolate.

Yep! Fats go rancid!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

my sources tell me - if it Tastes good it's good chocolate [really]

in other words, it's an individual thing [taste]

marc

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 6, 2017 at 7:57:29 PM UTC-5, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Jan 2017 08:09:24 -0800 (PST), lenona wrote:
>
> > On Friday, January 6, 2017 at 2:19:07 AM UTC-5, sf wrote:
> >

> > > Did you know you need cornstarch to make Spanish chocolate?
> > > Seriously! Here's a good example.
> > > http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...ocolate-230547

> > Thanks for that. The four comments are worthwhile too. Since Luker does not include cocoa butter and I don't have any, I wonder if I could/should use plain butter?
> >

> The recipe calls for bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened). Bitter
> chocolate is unsweetened chocolate, and the difference between the two
> is sugar not the amount of cocoa butter - so you'll need to add 1
> tablespoon granulated sugar per ounce of bitter chocolate to simulate
> bitter/semi-sweet.
>
> Not sure why you think Luker doesn't have cocoa butter or why it
> matters.

Because the epicurious recipe you linked to called for bittersweet, and one comment said:

"Any bittersweet chocolate can be used as long as it has cocoa butter in it."

And Luker says nothing but "chocolate mass."

So I wondered.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 8 Jan 2017 10:44:12 -0800 (PST), wrote:

> On Friday, January 6, 2017 at 7:57:29 PM UTC-5, sf wrote:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...ocolate-230547

> > > Thanks for that. The four comments are worthwhile too. Since Luker does not include cocoa butter and I don't have any, I wonder if I could/should use plain butter?
> > >

> > The recipe calls for bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened). Bitter
> > chocolate is unsweetened chocolate, and the difference between the two
> > is sugar not the amount of cocoa butter - so you'll need to add 1
> > tablespoon granulated sugar per ounce of bitter chocolate to simulate
> > bitter/semi-sweet.
> >
> > Not sure why you think Luker doesn't have cocoa butter or why it
> > matters.

> Because the epicurious recipe you linked to called for bittersweet, and one comment said:
>
> "Any bittersweet chocolate can be used as long as it has cocoa butter in it."
>
> And Luker says nothing but "chocolate mass."
>
> So I wondered.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chocolate_bar

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, January 8, 2017 at 2:31:50 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
> >
> > I can't say what 20 year old chocolate would taste like but
> > I'm willing to bet 5 bucks that it won't taste like chocolate.

> and I'm willing to bet $5 that I'll never find out.

I'll bet $5 that you could if you wanted to.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 8 Jan 2017 16:33:19 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Sunday, January 8, 2017 at 2:31:50 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
>> dsi1 wrote:
>> >
>> > I can't say what 20 year old chocolate would taste like but
>> > I'm willing to bet 5 bucks that it won't taste like chocolate.

>> and I'm willing to bet $5 that I'll never find out.

>I'll bet $5 that you could if you wanted to.

Luker chocolate isn't tastey to start, even fifty years won't make it
worse. It's not eating chocolate (it's hard like stone), but it makes
very decent frothy Mexican style cocoa... it's good with a titch of
cinnamon. It takes about five minutes to melt/dissolve in boiling
water, add some milk and froth it with a hand held beater. It was
9ºF outside so I tried some this aftenoon, it makes very good cocoa,
far better than Swiss Miss. Actually I had TIAD cocoa because I had
cocoa with a stick of Boars Head pepperoni... wasn't damned awful but
I gotta say, cocoa and pepperoni is definitely a TIAD combo.
Anyway I went into town this morning to get my mail and pick up a few
groceries, got a very nice 3.66 lb top round roast, on sale all week
at $3.99/lb., will be oven roasted for dinner on Tuesday. They had a
few different beef roasts on sale at the same price but I much prefer
top round because I don't like fatty beef... I really don't enjoy rib
roasts, too fatty. They had asssorted Keebler crackers on sale, 3
boxes/$5, the Pretzel Thins w/sea salt are very good. Those Keebler
elves do a good job... got me wondering if there are female elves with
lovely elve bazooms.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, January 8, 2017 at 5:51:36 PM UTC-10, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Jan 2017 16:33:19 -0800 (PST), dsi1 <dsiyahoo.com>
> wrote:

> >> and I'm willing to bet $5 that I'll never find out.

> >I'll bet $5 that you could if you wanted to.

> Luker chocolate isn't tastey to start, even fifty years won't make it
> worse. It's not eating chocolate (it's hard like stone), but it makes
> very decent frothy Mexican style cocoa... it's good with a titch of
> cinnamon. It takes about five minutes to melt/dissolve in boiling
> water, add some milk and froth it with a hand held beater. It was
> 9ºF outside so I tried some this aftenoon, it makes very good cocoa,
> far better than Swiss Miss. Actually I had TIAD cocoa because I had
> cocoa with a stick of Boars Head pepperoni... wasn't damned awful but
> I gotta say, cocoa and pepperoni is definitely a TIAD combo.
> Anyway I went into town this morning to get my mail and pick up a few
> groceries, got a very nice 3.66 lb top round roast, on sale all week
> at $3.99/lb., will be oven roasted for dinner on Tuesday. They had a
> few different beef roasts on sale at the same price but I much prefer
> top round because I don't like fatty beef... I really don't enjoy rib
> roasts, too fatty. They had asssorted Keebler crackers on sale, 3
> boxes/$5, the Pretzel Thins w/sea salt are very good. Those Keebler
> elves do a good job... got me wondering if there are female elves with
> lovely elve bazooms.

I have some Abuelita Chocolate tablets. What I don't have is milk. Bummers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4SGxMrXmo4

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 8 Jan 2017 20:07:49 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Sunday, January 8, 2017 at 5:51:36 PM UTC-10, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> On Sun, 8 Jan 2017 16:33:19 -0800 (PST), dsi1 <dsiyahoo.com>
>> wrote:

>> >I'll bet $5 that you could if you wanted to.

>> Luker chocolate isn't tastey to start, even fifty years won't make it
>> worse. It's not eating chocolate (it's hard like stone), but it makes
>> very decent frothy Mexican style cocoa... it's good with a titch of
>> cinnamon. It takes about five minutes to melt/dissolve in boiling
>> water, add some milk and froth it with a hand held beater. It was
>> 9ºF outside so I tried some this aftenoon, it makes very good cocoa,
>> far better than Swiss Miss. Actually I had TIAD cocoa because I had
>> cocoa with a stick of Boars Head pepperoni... wasn't damned awful but
>> I gotta say, cocoa and pepperoni is definitely a TIAD combo.
>> Anyway I went into town this morning to get my mail and pick up a few
>> groceries, got a very nice 3.66 lb top round roast, on sale all week
>> at $3.99/lb., will be oven roasted for dinner on Tuesday. They had a
>> few different beef roasts on sale at the same price but I much prefer
>> top round because I don't like fatty beef... I really don't enjoy rib
>> roasts, too fatty. They had asssorted Keebler crackers on sale, 3
>> boxes/$5, the Pretzel Thins w/sea salt are very good. Those Keebler
>> elves do a good job... got me wondering if there are female elves with
>> lovely elve bazooms.

>I have some Abuelita Chocolate tablets. What I don't have is milk. Bummers.
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4SGxMrXmo4

That's pretty much what I did only I used my KitchenAid hand mixer.