Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

Default wonderful salmon recipe

Found this recipe a while back. I've made it three times now and still think it is one of the best salmon recipes I've ever had. It is really good for a lower quality salmon when you don't mind using a different flavor on the salmon. The broiling at the end is the part that does the trick. Also, be careful not to cook the salmon any longer than the recipe states and it will keep all it's wonderful juiciness.

INGREDIENTS
€’ ΒΌ cup butter
€’ …“ cup honey
€’ 4 large cloves garlic, crushed
€’ 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (juice of Β½ a lemon)
€’ 1.2kg | 2Β½ pound side of salmon
€’ Sea salt, to taste
€’ Cracked pepper, to taste (optional)
€’ Lemon slices (to serve)
€’ 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley

INSTRUCTIONS
Position a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 375Β°F | 190Β°C. Line a baking tray / sheet with a large piece of foil, big enough to fold over and seal to create a packet (or 2 long pieces of foil over lapping each other lengthways to create your salmon packet, depending on the width of you fillet).
2. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low-medium heat. Add the honey, garlic and lemon, and whisk until the honey has melted through the butter and the mixture is well combined. ( I let this simmer for a few minutes while I prepare the salmon)
3. Place the salmon onto lined baking tray | sheet. Pour the butter/honey mixture over the salmon, and using a pastry brush or spoon, spread evenly over the salmon. Sprinkle with a good amount of salt (about 2 teaspoons) and cracked pepper. Fold the sides of the foil over the salmon to cover and completely seal the packet closed so the butter does not leak.
4. Bake until cooked through (about 15-18 minutes). Open the foil, being careful of any escaping steam, and grill / broil under the grill / broiler for 2-3 minutes on medium heat to caramelize the top. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately with lemon slices.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Thursday, December 29, 2016 at 12:07:12 PM UTC-8, ImStillMags wrote:
> Found this recipe a while back. I've made it three times now and still think it is one of the best salmon recipes I've ever had. It is really good for a lower quality salmon when you don't mind using a different flavor on the salmon. The broiling at the end is the part that does the trick. Also, be careful not to cook the salmon any longer than the recipe states and it will keep all it's wonderful juiciness.
>
> INGREDIENTS
> €’ ΒΌ cup butter
> €’ …“ cup honey
> €’ 4 large cloves garlic, crushed
> €’ 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (juice of Β½ a lemon)
> €’ 1.2kg | 2Β½ pound side of salmon
> €’ Sea salt, to taste
> €’ Cracked pepper, to taste (optional)
> €’ Lemon slices (to serve)
> €’ 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
>
> INSTRUCTIONS
> Position a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 375Β°F | 190Β°C. Line a baking tray / sheet with a large piece of foil, big enough to fold over and seal to create a packet (or 2 long pieces of foil over lapping each other lengthways to create your salmon packet, depending on the width of you fillet).
> 2. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low-medium heat. Add the honey, garlic and lemon, and whisk until the honey has melted through the butter and the mixture is well combined. ( I let this simmer for a few minutes while I prepare the salmon)
> 3. Place the salmon onto lined baking tray | sheet. Pour the butter/honey mixture over the salmon, and using a pastry brush or spoon, spread evenly over the salmon. Sprinkle with a good amount of salt (about 2 teaspoons) and cracked pepper. Fold the sides of the foil over the salmon to cover and completely seal the packet closed so the butter does not leak.
> 4. Bake until cooked through (about 15-18 minutes). Open the foil, being careful of any escaping steam, and grill / broil under the grill / broiler for 2-3 minutes on medium heat to caramelize the top. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately with lemon slices.

Forgot the picture.

https://goo.gl/photos/B54BisuEbNdoGp1JA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Thanks...picture looks good. I do pretty much the same thing, only I don't
bother with mixing stuff before pouring it over the salmon. I put pats of
butter under and on top the salmon, squeeze lemon juice over it, toss on
some minced garlic, cracked black pepper and salt, lay some lemon
Slices along the top of the sal on, and seal up the
packet for the oven. I am not fond of honey flavor, so leave that out.

It is so easy, no fuss, no mess, delicious!

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I have used a drizzle of maple syrup over the salmon before sealing
the packet, sometimes. It is very good.

N.