Glenn Jacobs

Default Raw Lamb

Some years ago while living in spain I ended up at an Arab League. Long
story how I got there, but they ghad delicious food. One dish was a raw
speiced lamb. I'm not much for raw meat, but i tried it and it was
wonderful. There used to be aplace in Denver (The Cedars) where you you
could get, although you had to ask for it as it wasn't on the menu. The
Cedars has been gone for a while.

Does anyone know a place in Colorado that serves this dish or have a recipe
for it?
--
Your choice, you can die skinny or you can die happy.

Barry Grau

Glenn Jacobs > wrote in message >. ..
> Some years ago while living in spain I ended up at an Arab League. Long
> story how I got there, but they ghad delicious food. One dish was a raw
> speiced lamb. I'm not much for raw meat, but i tried it and it was
> wonderful. There used to be aplace in Denver (The Cedars) where you you
> could get, although you had to ask for it as it wasn't on the menu. The
> Cedars has been gone for a while.
>
> Does anyone know a place in Colorado that serves this dish or have a recipe
> for it?

Kibbe Nayyeh. There should be recipes for it in one or both of Paula
Wolferts' books, "A Book of Middle Eastern Food" or "Cooking of the
Eastern Mediterranean." Or google for: kibbe nayyeh recipe

There are lots of kibbes, but the raw one is called kibbe nayyeh. You
may find alternate spellings like kubbe, kibbeh or kubbeh instead of
kibbe or nayeh instead of nayyeh.

-bwg
Barry Grau

Glenn Jacobs > wrote in message >. ..
> Some years ago while living in spain I ended up at an Arab League. Long
> story how I got there, but they ghad delicious food. One dish was a raw
> speiced lamb. I'm not much for raw meat, but i tried it and it was
> wonderful. There used to be aplace in Denver (The Cedars) where you you
> could get, although you had to ask for it as it wasn't on the menu. The
> Cedars has been gone for a while.
>
> Does anyone know a place in Colorado that serves this dish or have a recipe
> for it?

Kibbe Nayyeh. There should be recipes for it in one or both of Paula
Wolferts' books, "A Book of Middle Eastern Food" or "Cooking of the
Eastern Mediterranean." Or google for: kibbe nayyeh recipe

There are lots of kibbes, but the raw one is called kibbe nayyeh. You
may find alternate spellings like kubbe, kibbeh or kubbeh instead of
kibbe or nayeh instead of nayyeh.

-bwg
Andrew H. Carter

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 08:05:11 -0700, Glenn Jacobs
> scribbled some thoughts:

>Some years ago while living in spain I ended up at an Arab League. Long
>story how I got there, but they ghad delicious food. One dish was a raw
>speiced lamb. I'm not much for raw meat, but i tried it and it was
>wonderful. There used to be aplace in Denver (The Cedars) where you you
>could get, although you had to ask for it as it wasn't on the menu. The
>Cedars has been gone for a while.
>
>Does anyone know a place in Colorado that serves this dish or have a recipe
>for it?

If there is Steak Tartare, then I don't see why you can't
have any other meat substituted. I dare say the meat would
be cut very thinly, perhaps deli cut or strir fry cut?

--
NOTE: Best viewed in a fixed pitch font
Sincerely, | (©) (©)
| ------ooo--(_)--ooo------
Andrew H. Carter | /// \\\
d(-_-)b |
Andrew H. Carter

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 08:05:11 -0700, Glenn Jacobs
> scribbled some thoughts:

>Some years ago while living in spain I ended up at an Arab League. Long
>story how I got there, but they ghad delicious food. One dish was a raw
>speiced lamb. I'm not much for raw meat, but i tried it and it was
>wonderful. There used to be aplace in Denver (The Cedars) where you you
>could get, although you had to ask for it as it wasn't on the menu. The
>Cedars has been gone for a while.
>
>Does anyone know a place in Colorado that serves this dish or have a recipe
>for it?

If there is Steak Tartare, then I don't see why you can't
have any other meat substituted. I dare say the meat would
be cut very thinly, perhaps deli cut or strir fry cut?

--
NOTE: Best viewed in a fixed pitch font
Sincerely, | (©) (©)
| ------ooo--(_)--ooo------
Andrew H. Carter | /// \\\
d(-_-)b |

Andrew H. Carter

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 08:05:11 -0700, Glenn Jacobs
> scribbled some thoughts:

>Some years ago while living in spain I ended up at an Arab League. Long
>story how I got there, but they ghad delicious food. One dish was a raw
>speiced lamb. I'm not much for raw meat, but i tried it and it was
>wonderful. There used to be aplace in Denver (The Cedars) where you you
>could get, although you had to ask for it as it wasn't on the menu. The
>Cedars has been gone for a while.
>
>Does anyone know a place in Colorado that serves this dish or have a recipe
>for it?

If there is Steak Tartare, then I don't see why you can't
have any other meat substituted. I dare say the meat would
be cut very thinly, perhaps deli cut or strir fry cut?

--
NOTE: Best viewed in a fixed pitch font
Sincerely, | (©) (©)
| ------ooo--(_)--ooo------
Andrew H. Carter | /// \\\
d(-_-)b |
Bob (this one)

Andrew H. Carter wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 08:05:11 -0700, Glenn Jacobs
> > scribbled some thoughts:
>
>>Some years ago while living in spain I ended up at an Arab League. Long
>>story how I got there, but they ghad delicious food. One dish was a raw
>>speiced lamb. I'm not much for raw meat, but i tried it and it was
>>wonderful. There used to be aplace in Denver (The Cedars) where you you
>>could get, although you had to ask for it as it wasn't on the menu. The
>>Cedars has been gone for a while.
>>
>>Does anyone know a place in Colorado that serves this dish or have a recipe
>>for it?

> If there is Steak Tartare, then I don't see why you can't
> have any other meat substituted. I dare say the meat would
> be cut very thinly, perhaps deli cut or strir fry cut?

Or ground. Look for "kibbe" recipes.

Pastorio

Bob (this one)

Andrew H. Carter wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 08:05:11 -0700, Glenn Jacobs
> > scribbled some thoughts:
>
>>Some years ago while living in spain I ended up at an Arab League. Long
>>story how I got there, but they ghad delicious food. One dish was a raw
>>speiced lamb. I'm not much for raw meat, but i tried it and it was
>>wonderful. There used to be aplace in Denver (The Cedars) where you you
>>could get, although you had to ask for it as it wasn't on the menu. The
>>Cedars has been gone for a while.
>>
>>Does anyone know a place in Colorado that serves this dish or have a recipe
>>for it?

> If there is Steak Tartare, then I don't see why you can't
> have any other meat substituted. I dare say the meat would
> be cut very thinly, perhaps deli cut or strir fry cut?

Or ground. Look for "kibbe" recipes.

Pastorio

Lamb, not ham! jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 42 02-04-2015 12:12 AM
Lamb leg. [email protected] Barbecue 9 06-06-2009 06:44 PM
rec: Lamb Slices in Madeira (leftover lamb) Jean B.[_1_] General Cooking 0 14-04-2009 12:43 PM
Lamb Dick Adams[_2_] General Cooking 20 07-03-2007 05:05 AM