Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Help! I can't find it

What is the name of that kind of pie where you do not use a pan? Where
you put the filling in the center and pull up the edges of the crust?
I know I have the recipe somewhere but I can't find it. I could
search the 'Net if I could remember what it is called. All I want to
know is the baking temp and time!!! Aaarrrgggh!!!!!
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/6/2016 4:26 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> What is the name of that kind of pie where you do not use a pan? Where
> you put the filling in the center and pull up the edges of the crust?
> I know I have the recipe somewhere but I can't find it. I could
> search the 'Net if I could remember what it is called. All I want to
> know is the baking temp and time!!! Aaarrrgggh!!!!!
> Janet US

Galette
Graham
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 3:26:36 PM UTC-8, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> What is the name of that kind of pie where you do not use a pan? Where
> you put the filling in the center and pull up the edges of the crust?
> I know I have the recipe somewhere but I can't find it. I could
> search the 'Net if I could remember what it is called. All I want to
> know is the baking temp and time!!! Aaarrrgggh!!!!!
> Janet US

It's called a galette. There are sweet and there are savory. I have some recipes and ideas for some savory galettes on my site.

http://hizzoners.com/index.php/south...s/284-galettes
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/6/2016 4:26 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> What is the name of that kind of pie where you do not use a pan? Where
> you put the filling in the center and pull up the edges of the crust?
> I know I have the recipe somewhere but I can't find it. I could
> search the 'Net if I could remember what it is called. All I want to
> know is the baking temp and time!!! Aaarrrgggh!!!!!
> Janet US

I don't have my go-to recipe handy but I usually make a simple apple one
but use only 1/4 of the cinnamon it specifies. When I take it out of the
oven, I brush the fruit with maple syrup.
Graham
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/6/2016 4:26 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> What is the name of that kind of pie where you do not use a pan? Where
> you put the filling in the center and pull up the edges of the crust?
> I know I have the recipe somewhere but I can't find it. I could
> search the 'Net if I could remember what it is called. All I want to
> know is the baking temp and time!!! Aaarrrgggh!!!!!
> Janet US

Here's help:
http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/i...-one-crust-pie

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 06 Dec 2016 16:26:27 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>What is the name of that kind of pie where you do not use a pan? Where
>you put the filling in the center and pull up the edges of the crust?
>I know I have the recipe somewhere but I can't find it. I could
>search the 'Net if I could remember what it is called. All I want to
>know is the baking temp and time!!! Aaarrrgggh!!!!!
>Janet US

Thank you! I couldn't think of galette. I was all ready to go and I
couldn't find time and temp. because I couldn't think of name. Thank
you also to those who provide recipes and links . umwha!
Janet
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 6 Dec 2016 15:32:49 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 3:26:36 PM UTC-8, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> What is the name of that kind of pie where you do not use a pan? Where
>> you put the filling in the center and pull up the edges of the crust?
>> I know I have the recipe somewhere but I can't find it. I could
>> search the 'Net if I could remember what it is called. All I want to
>> know is the baking temp and time!!! Aaarrrgggh!!!!!
>> Janet US

>It's called a galette. There are sweet and there are savory. I have some recipes and ideas for some savory galettes on my site.
>
>http://hizzoners.com/index.php/south...s/284-galettes

thank you! What excellent ideas for savory galette. I would never
have thought of that -- my mind only knew sweet. I will definitely
give leftovers another look.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 6 Dec 2016 16:47:18 -0700, graham > wrote:

>On 12/6/2016 4:26 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>
>> What is the name of that kind of pie where you do not use a pan? Where
>> you put the filling in the center and pull up the edges of the crust?
>> I know I have the recipe somewhere but I can't find it. I could
>> search the 'Net if I could remember what it is called. All I want to
>> know is the baking temp and time!!! Aaarrrgggh!!!!!
>> Janet US
>>

>Here's help:
>http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/i...-one-crust-pie

thanks for that, Graham. I notice Delia uses 50/50 lard and butter as
do I.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 6:26:36 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> What is the name of that kind of pie where you do not use a pan? Where
> you put the filling in the center and pull up the edges of the crust?
> I know I have the recipe somewhere but I can't find it. I could
> search the 'Net if I could remember what it is called. All I want to
> know is the baking temp and time!!! Aaarrrgggh!!!!!
> Janet US

I've eaten mock apple pies made from Ritz crackers
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 4:33:11 PM UTC-7, ImStillMags wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 3:26:36 PM UTC-8, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> > What is the name of that kind of pie where you do not use a pan? Where
> > you put the filling in the center and pull up the edges of the crust?
> > I know I have the recipe somewhere but I can't find it. I could
> > search the 'Net if I could remember what it is called. All I want to
> > know is the baking temp and time!!! Aaarrrgggh!!!!!
> > Janet US

> It's called a galette. There are sweet and there are savory. I have some recipes and ideas for some savory galettes on my site.
>
> http://hizzoners.com/index.php/south...s/284-galettes

Helpful hint: Once on the galettes page the lead from there to the pie crust recipe should read:
http://hizzoners.com/index.php/recip...aras-pie-dough

instead of the one quoted.

====

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/6/2016 5:28 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Dec 2016 16:47:18 -0700, graham > wrote:
>
>> On 12/6/2016 4:26 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>>
>>> What is the name of that kind of pie where you do not use a pan? Where
>>> you put the filling in the center and pull up the edges of the crust?
>>> I know I have the recipe somewhere but I can't find it. I could
>>> search the 'Net if I could remember what it is called. All I want to
>>> know is the baking temp and time!!! Aaarrrgggh!!!!!
>>> Janet US
>>>

>> Here's help:
>> http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/i...-one-crust-pie

> thanks for that, Graham. I notice Delia uses 50/50 lard and butter as
> do I.
> Janet US

Here is the recipe for a rustic pear and apple tart (galette) that I
have made several times and my D-I-L's Dad raves about it. The original
is in the tiny link but I have modified it to take into account the
different ingredients available here. I use cranberries in place of
sultanas as that is my D-I-L's preference. The maple syrup adds a nice
flavour note.
Graham

http://tiny.cc/kg2jhy

50g Hazelnuts
225g A/P flour, plus extra for rolling (I use pastry flour which is a
bit softer)
140g butter, chilled and diced
3 tbsp caster sugar (berry sugar in Canada)
1 Large Egg (XL in Nth.America)
4 pears, peeled, quartered, cored and sliced
2 Granny Smith Apples, peeled, quartered, cored and sliced
50g Sultanas (I use dried cranberries)
60g light brown soft sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon (1/2tsp is more than enough)
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tbsp milk
2 tbsp maple syrup or clear honey

Method

1. Place the nuts in a food processor and blitz until finely chopped.
Add the flour, butter and caster sugar and whizz until all the butter is
blended in well. Add the egg and whizz again to form a firm dough - if
the mixture seems dry, add 1 tbsp cold water. Shape into a ball and
chill for at least 10 minutes.

2. Preheat the oven to 180°C, 360F. In a large bowl, toss together the
pears, apples, sultanas, brown sugar, cinnamon and cornstarch.

3. Line a large baking tray with baking parchment. On a lightly floured
surface, roll the pastry to a circle about 35cm in diameter. Transfer to
the baking tray.

4. Spoon the fruit mixture onto the centre of the pastry, leaving a 4cm
border all the way around. Fold over the edges and brush the pastry with
milk.

5. Bake for 40-45 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and the fruit
is tender and very juicy. Drizzle with the maple syrup or honey. Slice
and serve warm or at room temperature with clotted cream or custard.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 6 Dec 2016 22:24:30 -0700, graham > wrote:

>On 12/6/2016 5:28 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

>>> Here's help:
>>> http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/i...-one-crust-pie

>> thanks for that, Graham. I notice Delia uses 50/50 lard and butter as
>> do I.
>> Janet US
>>

>Here is the recipe for a rustic pear and apple tart (galette) that I
>have made several times and my D-I-L's Dad raves about it. The original
>is in the tiny link but I have modified it to take into account the
>different ingredients available here. I use cranberries in place of
>sultanas as that is my D-I-L's preference. The maple syrup adds a nice
>flavour note.
>Graham
>
>http://tiny.cc/kg2jhy
>

>50g Hazelnuts
>225g A/P flour, plus extra for rolling (I use pastry flour which is a
>bit softer)
>140g butter, chilled and diced
>3 tbsp caster sugar (berry sugar in Canada)
>1 Large Egg (XL in Nth.America)
>4 pears, peeled, quartered, cored and sliced
>2 Granny Smith Apples, peeled, quartered, cored and sliced
>50g Sultanas (I use dried cranberries)
>60g light brown soft sugar
>1 tsp ground cinnamon (1/2tsp is more than enough)
>2 tsp cornstarch
>1 tbsp milk
>2 tbsp maple syrup or clear honey
>
>Method
>
>1. Place the nuts in a food processor and blitz until finely chopped.
>Add the flour, butter and caster sugar and whizz until all the butter is
>blended in well. Add the egg and whizz again to form a firm dough - if
>the mixture seems dry, add 1 tbsp cold water. Shape into a ball and
>chill for at least 10 minutes.
>
>2. Preheat the oven to 180°C, 360F. In a large bowl, toss together the
>pears, apples, sultanas, brown sugar, cinnamon and cornstarch.
>
>3. Line a large baking tray with baking parchment. On a lightly floured
>surface, roll the pastry to a circle about 35cm in diameter. Transfer to
>the baking tray.
>
>4. Spoon the fruit mixture onto the centre of the pastry, leaving a 4cm
>border all the way around. Fold over the edges and brush the pastry with
>milk.
>
>5. Bake for 40-45 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and the fruit
>is tender and very juicy. Drizzle with the maple syrup or honey. Slice
>and serve warm or at room temperature with clotted cream or custard.

thank you for that. I appreciate you taking the time to put that up
for me. It looks delicious. I'll look out some pears before
Christmas. It might work out quite nicely for Christmas dinner.
Thanks again.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> What is the name of that kind of pie where you do not use a pan? Where
> you put the filling in the center and pull up the edges of the crust?
> I know I have the recipe somewhere but I can't find it. I could
> search the 'Net if I could remember what it is called. All I want to
> know is the baking temp and time!!! Aaarrrgggh!!!!!
> Janet US

Crostata/Galette

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"graham" wrote in message news
On 12/6/2016 4:26 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> What is the name of that kind of pie where you do not use a pan? Where
> you put the filling in the center and pull up the edges of the crust?
> I know I have the recipe somewhere but I can't find it. I could
> search the 'Net if I could remember what it is called. All I want to
> know is the baking temp and time!!! Aaarrrgggh!!!!!
> Janet US

I don't have my go-to recipe handy but I usually make a simple apple one
but use only 1/4 of the cinnamon it specifies. When I take it out of the
oven, I brush the fruit with maple syrup.
Graham

==================

That is what I do but I use plenty of maple syrup. D has a very
sweet tooth) I can't eat them <g>

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ImStillMags" wrote in message

On Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 3:26:36 PM UTC-8, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> What is the name of that kind of pie where you do not use a pan? Where
> you put the filling in the center and pull up the edges of the crust?
> I know I have the recipe somewhere but I can't find it. I could
> search the 'Net if I could remember what it is called. All I want to
> know is the baking temp and time!!! Aaarrrgggh!!!!!
> Janet US

It's called a galette. There are sweet and there are savory. I have some
recipes and ideas for some savory galettes on my site.

http://hizzoners.com/index.php/south...s/284-galettes

================

Some great ideas there! Thanks for posting

btw your pie dough link doesn't work.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Roy" wrote in message

On Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 4:33:11 PM UTC-7, ImStillMags wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 3:26:36 PM UTC-8, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> > What is the name of that kind of pie where you do not use a pan? Where
> > you put the filling in the center and pull up the edges of the crust?
> > I know I have the recipe somewhere but I can't find it. I could
> > search the 'Net if I could remember what it is called. All I want to
> > know is the baking temp and time!!! Aaarrrgggh!!!!!
> > Janet US

> It's called a galette. There are sweet and there are savory. I have
> some recipes and ideas for some savory galettes on my site.
>
> http://hizzoners.com/index.php/south...s/284-galettes

Helpful hint: Once on the galettes page the lead from there to the pie crust
recipe should read:
http://hizzoners.com/index.php/recip...aras-pie-dough

instead of the one quoted.

====

Thanks, Roy

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 1:26:36 PM UTC-10, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> What is the name of that kind of pie where you do not use a pan? Where
> you put the filling in the center and pull up the edges of the crust?
> I know I have the recipe somewhere but I can't find it. I could
> search the 'Net if I could remember what it is called. All I want to
> know is the baking temp and time!!! Aaarrrgggh!!!!!
> Janet US

My daughter makes those things. It's got a killer crust. I think she makes it out of almond flour.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...1fSJKhE7piP9TU
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 1:26:36 PM UTC-10, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> What is the name of that kind of pie where you do not use a pan? Where
> you put the filling in the center and pull up the edges of the crust?
> I know I have the recipe somewhere but I can't find it. I could
> search the 'Net if I could remember what it is called. All I want to
> know is the baking temp and time!!! Aaarrrgggh!!!!!
> Janet US

My daughter makes those things. It's got a killer crust. I think she makes
it out of almond flour.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...1fSJKhE7piP9TU

===

Yummmmie

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 4:51:23 AM UTC-8, dsi1 wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 1:26:36 PM UTC-10, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> > What is the name of that kind of pie where you do not use a pan? Where
> > you put the filling in the center and pull up the edges of the crust?
> > I know I have the recipe somewhere but I can't find it. I could
> > search the 'Net if I could remember what it is called. All I want to
> > know is the baking temp and time!!! Aaarrrgggh!!!!!
> > Janet US

> My daughter makes those things. It's got a killer crust. I think she makes it out of almond flour.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...1fSJKhE7piP9TU

I would love to have her recipe for her almond flour crust, if she would share it.
Thanks in advance !!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 6:53:44 AM UTC-10, ImStillMags wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 4:51:23 AM UTC-8, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 1:26:36 PM UTC-10, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> > > What is the name of that kind of pie where you do not use a pan? Where
> > > you put the filling in the center and pull up the edges of the crust?
> > > I know I have the recipe somewhere but I can't find it. I could
> > > search the 'Net if I could remember what it is called. All I want to
> > > know is the baking temp and time!!! Aaarrrgggh!!!!!
> > > Janet US

> > My daughter makes those things. It's got a killer crust. I think she makes it out of almond flour.
> >
> > https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...1fSJKhE7piP9TU

> I would love to have her recipe for her almond flour crust, if she would share it.
> Thanks in advance !!

She doesn't remember how she made it. My guess is that it's mostly regular flour and some almond flour. I know it was made with butter. The recipes that I've seen uses egg yolk. She must have used a recipe that allowed rolling and forming the dough. I can probably come up with a crust of my own. I'll let you know if I come up with something nice.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/7/2016 9:53 AM, ImStillMags wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 4:51:23 AM UTC-8, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 1:26:36 PM UTC-10, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>> What is the name of that kind of pie where you do not use a pan? Where
>>> you put the filling in the center and pull up the edges of the crust?
>>> I know I have the recipe somewhere but I can't find it. I could
>>> search the 'Net if I could remember what it is called. All I want to
>>> know is the baking temp and time!!! Aaarrrgggh!!!!!
>>> Janet US

>> My daughter makes those things. It's got a killer crust. I think she makes it out of almond flour.
>>
>> https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...1fSJKhE7piP9TU

> I would love to have her recipe for her almond flour crust, if she would share it.
> Thanks in advance !!

If you look at the recipe I posted, you could substitute almonds for
hazelnuts.
Graham

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 7:03:29 PM UTC-10, graham wrote:
> On 12/7/2016 9:53 AM, ImStillMags wrote:
> >>
> >> My daughter makes those things. It's got a killer crust. I think she makes it out of almond flour.
> >>
> >> https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...1fSJKhE7piP9TU

> > I would love to have her recipe for her almond flour crust, if she would share it.
> > Thanks in advance !!

> If you look at the recipe I posted, you could substitute almonds for
> hazelnuts.
> Graham

You are right about this. I shall use your recipe. Thanks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 7 Dec 2016 20:26:38 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 6:53:44 AM UTC-10, ImStillMags wrote:
>> >
>> > My daughter makes those things. It's got a killer crust. I think she makes it out of almond flour.
>> >
>> > https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...1fSJKhE7piP9TU

>> I would love to have her recipe for her almond flour crust, if she would share it.
>> Thanks in advance !!

>She doesn't remember how she made it. My guess is that it's mostly regular flour and some almond flour. I know it was made with butter. The recipes that I've seen uses egg yolk. She must have used a recipe that allowed rolling and forming the dough. I can probably come up with a crust of my own. I'll let you know if I come up with something nice.

This was posted by our Janet Wilder.

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Almond Flour Pie Crust

Paleo, pies

1 1/2 cups almond meal
3 tablespoons melted butter
3 tablespoons splenda or sugar

Heat oven to 350 F. Melt the butter (if the pie pan is microwave safe,
melt the butter in it) and mix the ingredients up in the pan and pat
into place with your fingertips.

Bake for about 10 minutes until the crust is beginning to brown. After
8 minutes, check every minute or so, because once it starts to brown
it goes quickly.

NOTES : This is a very easy pie crust to make. This works best for a
9' pie pan. If you have an 8' one, the crust will be a little thicker,
or you can cut back on the ingredients a bit.

Recipe By : Janet Wilder
Serving Size : 8

koko

James Beard
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 7 Dec 2016 21:39:31 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 7:03:29 PM UTC-10, graham wrote:

>> > I would love to have her recipe for her almond flour crust, if she would share it.
>> > Thanks in advance !!

>> If you look at the recipe I posted, you could substitute almonds for
>> hazelnuts.
>> Graham

>You are right about this. I shall use your recipe. Thanks.

Here's another choice

Tart crust

1 egg
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
1 tablespoon coconut flour
1/3 teaspoon finely ground sea salt

Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Make the crust:
Whisk together the egg, honey, and melted butter in a large bowl.
With a wooden spoon, stir in the almond flour, arrowroot, coconut
flour, and salt.
Knead with your hands to combine, form into a disc, and refrigerate,
wrapped tightly in plastic wrap, for 30 minutes.
Press into a 9-inch tart pan. Poke the bottom with a fork several
times. Bake for 14 to 18 minutes,
or until golden brown. Allow to cool.

The Zenbelly Cookbook:

koko

James Beard
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 11:24:09 AM UTC-10, koko wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Dec 2016 21:39:31 -0800 (PST), dsi1 <dsiyahoo.com>
> wrote:

> >> If you look at the recipe I posted, you could substitute almonds for
> >> hazelnuts.
> >> Graham

> >You are right about this. I shall use your recipe. Thanks.

> Here's another choice
>
> Tart crust
>
> 1 egg
> 2 tablespoons honey
> 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted
> 1 1/2 cups almond flour
> 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
> 1 tablespoon coconut flour
> 1/3 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
>
> Preheat the oven to 350°F.
> Make the crust:
> Whisk together the egg, honey, and melted butter in a large bowl.
> With a wooden spoon, stir in the almond flour, arrowroot, coconut
> flour, and salt.
> Knead with your hands to combine, form into a disc, and refrigerate,
> wrapped tightly in plastic wrap, for 30 minutes.
> Press into a 9-inch tart pan. Poke the bottom with a fork several
> times. Bake for 14 to 18 minutes,
> or until golden brown. Allow to cool.
>
> The Zenbelly Cookbook:
>
> koko
>
> --
>
> Food is our common ground, a universal experience
> James Beard

Thanks for the two recipes. My guess is that almond flour is going to be trending for a while. Here's a famous recipe using almond flour.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/n...ke-recipe.html

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/9/2016 1:37 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 11:24:09 AM UTC-10, koko wrote:
>> On Wed, 7 Dec 2016 21:39:31 -0800 (PST), dsi1 <dsiyahoo.com>
>> wrote:

>>> You are right about this. I shall use your recipe. Thanks.

>> Here's another choice
>>
>> Tart crust
>>
>> 1 egg
>> 2 tablespoons honey
>> 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted
>> 1 1/2 cups almond flour
>> 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
>> 1 tablespoon coconut flour
>> 1/3 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
>>
>> Preheat the oven to 350°F.
>> Make the crust:
>> Whisk together the egg, honey, and melted butter in a large bowl.
>> With a wooden spoon, stir in the almond flour, arrowroot, coconut
>> flour, and salt.
>> Knead with your hands to combine, form into a disc, and refrigerate,
>> wrapped tightly in plastic wrap, for 30 minutes.
>> Press into a 9-inch tart pan. Poke the bottom with a fork several
>> times. Bake for 14 to 18 minutes,
>> or until golden brown. Allow to cool.
>>
>> The Zenbelly Cookbook:
>>
>> koko
>>
>> --
>>
>> Food is our common ground, a universal experience
>> James Beard

> Thanks for the two recipes. My guess is that almond flour is going to be trending for a while. Here's a famous recipe using almond flour.
>
> http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/n...ke-recipe.html

There's a bloody great black rectangle obscuring the page for me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/9/2016 10:56 AM, graham wrote:
> On 12/9/2016 1:37 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 11:24:09 AM UTC-10, koko wrote:

>>> Here's another choice
>>>
>>> Tart crust
>>>
>>> 1 egg
>>> 2 tablespoons honey
>>> 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted
>>> 1 1/2 cups almond flour
>>> 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
>>> 1 tablespoon coconut flour
>>> 1/3 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
>>>
>>> Preheat the oven to 350°F.
>>> Make the crust:
>>> Whisk together the egg, honey, and melted butter in a large bowl.
>>> With a wooden spoon, stir in the almond flour, arrowroot, coconut
>>> flour, and salt.
>>> Knead with your hands to combine, form into a disc, and refrigerate,
>>> wrapped tightly in plastic wrap, for 30 minutes.
>>> Press into a 9-inch tart pan. Poke the bottom with a fork several
>>> times. Bake for 14 to 18 minutes,
>>> or until golden brown. Allow to cool.
>>>
>>> The Zenbelly Cookbook:
>>>
>>> koko
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Food is our common ground, a universal experience
>>> James Beard

>> Thanks for the two recipes. My guess is that almond flour is going to
>> be trending for a while. Here's a famous recipe using almond flour.
>>
>> http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/n...ke-recipe.html
>>

> There's a bloody great black rectangle obscuring the page for me.

Some bloody *******s don't want you to see this recipe - we'll just see
about that!

Ingredients
4 to 5 clementines (about 1 pound total weight)
6 eggs
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
2 1/3 cups ground almonds
1 heaping teaspoon baking powder
ADD CHECKED ITEMS TO GROCERY LIST
Directions
Put the clementines in a pot with cold water to cover, bring to the
boil, and cook for 2 hours. Drain and, when cool, cut each clementine in
half and remove the seeds. Then finely chop the skins, pith, and fruit
in the processor (or by hand, of course).
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Butter and line an 8-inch springform pan with parchment paper.
Beat the eggs. Add the sugar, almonds, and baking powder. Mix well,
adding the chopped clementines. I don't like using the processor for
this, and frankly, you can't balk at a little light stirring.
Pour the cake mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour, when a
skewer will come out clean; you'll probably have to cover the cake with
foil after about 40 minutes to stop the top from burning. Remove from
the oven and leave to cool, in the pan on a rack. When the cake is cold,
you can take it out of the pan. I think this is better a day after it's
made, but I don't complain about eating it anytime.

Some people are recommending that the clementines be cooked in the
microwave since it's much faster.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-12-06 6:26 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> What is the name of that kind of pie where you do not use a pan? Where
> you put the filling in the center and pull up the edges of the crust?
> I know I have the recipe somewhere but I can't find it. I could
> search the 'Net if I could remember what it is called. All I want to
> know is the baking temp and time!!! Aaarrrgggh!!!!!
> Janet US

Galette?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-07-11 8:18 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2016-12-06 6:26 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>
>> What is the name of that kind of pie where you do not use a pan? Where
>> you put the filling in the center and pull up the edges of the crust?
>> I know I have the recipe somewhere but I can't find it.Â* I could
>> search the 'Net if I could remember what it is called.Â* All I want to
>> know is the baking temp and time!!!Â*Â* Aaarrrgggh!!!!!
>> Janet US
>>

> Galette?

Sorry.... don't know how I came across that old post.
But I will stick with the answer.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-12-06 U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> What is the name of that kind of pie where you do not use a pan?
> Where you put the filling in the center and pull up the edges of
> the crust? I know I have the recipe somewhere but I can't find
> it. I could search the 'Net if I could remember what it is
> called. All I want to know is the baking temp and time!!!
> Aaarrrgggh!!!!! Janet US
>
> Galette?

K'nish!
https://www.myjewishlearning.com/the...astry-knishes/
Blintzes!
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...recipe-1942446

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 20:18:49 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2016-12-06 6:26 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>
>> What is the name of that kind of pie where you do not use a pan? Where
>> you put the filling in the center and pull up the edges of the crust?
>> I know I have the recipe somewhere but I can't find it. I could
>> search the 'Net if I could remember what it is called. All I want to
>> know is the baking temp and time!!! Aaarrrgggh!!!!!
>> Janet US
>>

>Galette?

Crostata? Like this?
https://www.foodnetwork.com/search/crostata----

Quick and easy pie

Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 12 Jul 2018 22:27:12 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Thu 12 Jul 2018 11:42:14a, U.S. Janet B. told us...
>
>> On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 20:18:49 -0400, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:

>>>Galette?

>> Crostata? Like this?
>> https://www.foodnetwork.com/search/crostata----
>>
>> Quick and easy pie
>>
>> Janet US
>>

>I don't see a particular difference between a galette and a crustada,
>except country of origin.

doesn't seem to be
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-12 U.S. Janet B. wrote:

>What is the name of that kind of pie where you do not use a pan?

PIZZA!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/13/2018 1:54 PM, wrote:
> On 2016-12 U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>
>> What is the name of that kind of pie where you do not use a pan?

> PIZZA!

Eskimo!