Old 17-11-2004, 11:47 AM
Phred

Kate Connally wrote:
[...]
Now some kinds of fudge are easier to make than others.
I've never had trouble with penuche or peanut butter
fudge, even opera creams, but chocolate fudge has always
been a disaster for me. My grandmother made it all the time
and it was always perfect. I guess she worked out and lifted
weights or something. ;-)

Nah. Just from wringing out the sheets after boiling them in the
copper.

Most of the fudge of my childhood experience was pretty hard and
almost "crunchy" from what were probably microfine crystals. As a
result of this learned prejudice, I'm not very partial to some of the
bought really "smooth" stuff.

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID

Old 17-11-2004, 07:29 PM
Kate Connally

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 11:56:21 -0500, Kate Connally
wrote:

Now some kinds of fudge are easier to make than others.
I've never had trouble with penuche or peanut butter
fudge, even opera creams, but chocolate fudge has always
been a disaster for me. My grandmother made it all the time
and it was always perfect. I guess she worked out and lifted
weights or something. ;-)

I've got tendonitis, so stirring thick fudge is impossible. I discovered,
a couple of years ago, that a hand mixer works quite well, and keeps you
from developing Popeye arms.

I wouldn't think a hand mixer would have the power to
beat fudge to the proper thickness. Although my current
one is more powerful than ones I've had in the past. But
I'm not sure I want to chance blowing out the motor.

How's THAT for a run-on sentence?

Excellent!

Kate

--
Kate Connally
If I were as old as I feel, Id be dead already.