Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bean casserole recipe?

Anyone have a good bean casserole recipe? Not green beans please; I don't
care for them.

I tried Doogle but the first three screens were all green bean so I gave
up.

Hint: I especially like great northerns!

TIA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, October 29, 2016 at 12:41:25 PM UTC-4, KenK wrote:
> Anyone have a good bean casserole recipe? Not green beans please; I don't
> care for them.
>
> I tried Doogle but the first three screens were all green bean so I gave
> up.
>
> Hint: I especially like great northerns!
>
> TIA
>
> --
> You know it's time to clean the refrigerator
> when something closes the door from the inside.

Cassoulet?(sp) I've never made it, but the recipe I have(From the Olympic cookbook; 1972 editition) is very lengthy and chock full of ingredients.
A bean and smoked pork hock chowder comes to mind, but that's a soup. A tad more roux perhaps. The French put all kinds of stuff in their Cassoulet; including duck and sausage.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

A Moose in Love > wrote in
:

> On Saturday, October 29, 2016 at 12:41:25 PM UTC-4, KenK wrote:
>> Anyone have a good bean casserole recipe? Not green beans please; I
>> don't care for them.
>>
>> I tried Doogle but the first three screens were all green bean so I
>> gave up.
>>
>> Hint: I especially like great northerns!
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> --
>> You know it's time to clean the refrigerator
>> when something closes the door from the inside.

> Cassoulet?(sp) I've never made it, but the recipe I have(From the
> Olympic cookbook; 1972 editition) is very lengthy and chock full of
> ingredients. A bean and smoked pork hock chowder comes to mind, but
> that's a soup. A tad more roux perhaps. The French put all kinds of
> stuff in their Cassoulet; including duck and sausage.

What's a cassoulet?

I have many bean soup recipes - make them frequently. Thought a casserole
would be a nice change.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/29/2016 09:41 AM, KenK wrote:
> Anyone have a good bean casserole recipe? Not green beans please; I don't
> care for them.
>
> I tried Doogle but the first three screens were all green bean so I gave
> up.
>
> Hint: I especially like great northerns!
>
> TIA

You can filter out the green bean recipes by adding

-green

to the end of the search phrase for Google. Note the "-".
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Saturday, October 29, 2016 at 9:41:25 AM UTC-7, KenK wrote:
> Anyone have a good bean casserole recipe? Not green beans please; I don't
> care for them.
>
> I tried Doogle but the first three screens were all green bean so I gave
> up.
>
> Hint: I especially like great northerns!

this one is a favorite. yummy stuff

http://hizzoners.com/index.php/recip...al-baked-beans

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-10-29, KenK > wrote:

> What's a cassoulet?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassoulet

What? Yer admitting to being too stupid to look stuff up on the web?

Sad.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Whirled Peas > wrote in
:

> On 10/29/2016 09:41 AM, KenK wrote:
>> Anyone have a good bean casserole recipe? Not green beans please; I
>> don't care for them.
>>
>> I tried Doogle but the first three screens were all green bean so I
>> gave up.
>>
>> Hint: I especially like great northerns!
>>
>> TIA
>>

> You can filter out the green bean recipes by adding
>
> -green
>
> to the end of the search phrase for Google. Note the "-".

After all the years of using Google I didn't know that! Thanks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 29 Oct 2016 16:41:20 GMT, KenK > wrote:

>Anyone have a good bean casserole recipe? Not green beans please; I don't
>care for them.

Dump a couple cans of Bush's beans into a casserol dish (variety of
your choice), add a pound of good tube steak, slap on a lid (foil
works), and bake for 30 minutes in a 350ºF oven. Remove lid, slap on
a good layer of American cheese and continue baking until melted and
starting to brown.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

KenK > wrote:

> Anyone have a good bean casserole recipe? Not green beans please; I don't
> care for them.
>
> I tried Doogle but the first three screens were all green bean so I gave
> up.
>
> Hint: I especially like great northerns!
>
> TIA

Search for "white beans" or even great northerns! All the recipes for
white beans should take the great northerns just fine. I pretty much only
use the GN's in any bean recipe. It's not a casserole, but my favorite
thing with northerns (besides traditional baked beans) is white chicken
chili. I can post my recipe later if you like.

--
jinx the minx
Posted to rec.food.cooking

KenK wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Anyone have a good bean casserole recipe? Not green beans please; I
> don't care for them.
>
> I tried Doogle but the first three screens were all green bean so I
> gave up.
>
> Hint: I especially like great northerns!
>
> TIA

https://www.google.com/#q=great+northern+bean+casserole

Try that

Posted to rec.food.cooking

KenK wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> A Moose in Love > wrote in
> :
>
> > On Saturday, October 29, 2016 at 12:41:25 PM UTC-4, KenK wrote:
> >> Anyone have a good bean casserole recipe? Not green beans please; I
> >> don't care for them.
> >>
> >> I tried Doogle but the first three screens were all green bean so I
> >> gave up.
> >>
> >> Hint: I especially like great northerns!
> >>
> >> TIA
> >>
> >> --
> >> You know it's time to clean the refrigerator
> >> when something closes the door from the inside.

> > Cassoulet?(sp) I've never made it, but the recipe I have(From the
> > Olympic cookbook; 1972 editition) is very lengthy and chock full of
> > ingredients. A bean and smoked pork hock chowder comes to mind, but
> > that's a soup. A tad more roux perhaps. The French put all kinds
> > of stuff in their Cassoulet; including duck and sausage.
> >

> What's a cassoulet?
>
> I have many bean soup recipes - make them frequently. Thought a
> casserole would be a nice change.

French name for a soupy cassarole dish. Named after the dish used to
cook it in (cassarole dish with sloping sides I gather). REcipes for
it can be very intense but it is in home form, a simple meal of white
beans cooked in broth then added is sauteed mushrooms, bits of
precooked meats, duck fat (or other) and spices as desired.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

KenK wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Whirled Peas > wrote in
> :
>
> > On 10/29/2016 09:41 AM, KenK wrote:
> >> Anyone have a good bean casserole recipe? Not green beans please; I
> >> don't care for them.
> > >
> >> I tried Doogle but the first three screens were all green bean so I
> >> gave up.
> > >
> >> Hint: I especially like great northerns!
> > >
> >> TIA
> > >

> > You can filter out the green bean recipes by adding
> >
> > -green
> >
> > to the end of the search phrase for Google. Note the "-".
> >

> After all the years of using Google I didn't know that! Thanks!

I didnt either! Nifty!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jinx the minx wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> KenK > wrote:
> >
> > Anyone have a good bean casserole recipe? Not green beans please; I
> > don't care for them.
> >
> > I tried Doogle but the first three screens were all green bean so I
> > gave up.
> >
> > Hint: I especially like great northerns!
> >
> > TIA
> >

> Search for "white beans" or even great northerns! All the recipes for
> white beans should take the great northerns just fine. I pretty much
> only use the GN's in any bean recipe. It's not a casserole, but my
> favorite thing with northerns (besides traditional baked beans) is
> white chicken chili. I can post my recipe later if you like.

I'd like to see the chicken Chili if you dont mind?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"KenK" > wrote in message

> Anyone have a good bean casserole recipe? Not green beans please; I don't
> care for them.
>
> I tried Doogle but the first three screens were all green bean so I gave
> up.
>
> Hint: I especially like great northerns!

From a post I sent a way back:

I winged a makeshift cassoulet last night.

I cooked Italian sausage and boneless chicken breasts in olive oil. Removed
from pan. I then cooked garlic and onions in the remaining fat. I added a
little rosemary, oregano and thyme to the mix and then wilted it down. I
added the meat after cutting it appropriately. I cooked it down some more
until all became carmelized. Then I added a ton of sage, rosemary, thyme
and oregano plus salt and pepper and bay leaves. Sauted for a several
minutes on high heat. Two cans of diced tomatoes with juice next. Then
simmered for 5 minutes on highest heat then into a baking dish into which I
had laid down two cans of drained white beans.. Cooked at 325 for 90
minutes.

It was heaven. The beans were soft as down and creamy. The contrast with
the seasoned meat was divine It was easy and not nearly as fussy as a
classic French dish.

Next time I will add some dry wine to the dish before baking.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/29/2016 1:04 PM, Whirled Peas wrote:
> On 10/29/2016 09:41 AM, KenK wrote:
>> Anyone have a good bean casserole recipe? Not green beans please; I don't
>> care for them.
>>
>> I tried Doogle but the first three screens were all green bean so I gave
>> up.
>>
>> Hint: I especially like great northerns!
>>
>> TIA
>>

> You can filter out the green bean recipes by adding
>
> -green
>
> to the end of the search phrase for Google. Note the "-".

Here are a few of my favorite bean recipes - enjoy.

Rusty in MD

Sausage-and-Chicken Cassoulet

1 (16-ounce) package smoked sausage, sliced
1 pound uncooked chicken breast strips, chopped
1 (15.8-ounce) can great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with onion and garlic, drained
1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
1/2 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon oil
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Cook sausage in a 2 1/4- to 3-quart ovenproof skillet over medium heat 8
minutes or until browned. Remove sausage from skillet, and drain on
paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet. Set sausage aside.
Cook chicken in hot drippings in skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes
or until brown.
Return sausage to skillet with chicken. Stir in beans and next 3
ingredients. Bring to a boil.
Combine breadcrumbs and 1 tablespoon oil in a small bowl; stir to mix
well. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle mixture over casserole. Bake,
uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until browned 6 servings

Tuscan Sausage and White Bean Soup from Mel's Kitchen

1 pound sweet Italian chicken sausage
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup chopped yellow onion or leeks
3 cloves garlic, chopped
6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
2 (14.5oz each) cans diced tomatoes
1 (15oz) can Great Northern or Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 tablespoon dried basil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cups uncooked shell pasta
9 ounces spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

In a large pot, cook the sausage over medium heat (remove the sausage
from the casings, if needed) until browned, 3-4 minutes, breaking it
into small pieces as it cooks. If your sausage is really lean, you may
need to use a teaspoon or so of oil so it doesn't stick to the pan.
Add the carrots, onion, and garlic, and continue to cook, stirring
often, until the sausage is cooked through, 5-10 minutes. At this point,
if there is excess grease, drain it before proceeding.
Add the broth, tomatoes, beans, basil, salt and pepper.
Bring the soup to a boil. Add the shell pasta, reduce the heat to a
simmer and cover the pot. Cook for about 8-10 minutes, until the pasta
is tender, stirring occasionally to make sure the pasta isn't sticking.
Stir in the spinach and simmer for another minute until the spinach is
wilted. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. serves 6

White Bean and Ham Soup

1/2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 yellow sweet onion
1 cup of carrots sliced
2 stalks of celery sliced
1 clove of garlic minced
1 1/2 cups of cooked diced ham
4 14oz cans of white beans or navy beans (rinsed & drained)
3 cups of chicken stock
1 bay leaf
Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste

Heat large dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Add olive oil, onions,
carrots & celery. Cook until tender. Add garlic and ham and cook for
30-60 seconds before adding stock, 2 cans of beans, bay leaf, and salt
and pepper to taste. Cook over medium low heat for at least 1 1/2 hours.
Remove bay leaf and blend soup in pot with immersion blender (use
regular blender if you don’t have an immersion blender). Add the
remaining 2 cans of beans to soup & simmer for a bit longer. Serve with
crusty bread & salad for a great meal.

Tuscan Tuna and White Bean Salad

* 1 can albacore tuna (drained)
* 1 (14.5 oz) can white beans, drained and rinsed
* 2-4 cups mixed greens (I used spinach and romaine)
* 1 stalk celery, finely diced
* 1/4 red onion, finely sliced
* 1/2 cup dehydrated tomatoes
* 1/4 cup kalamata olives, halved
* 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 lemon (2 Tbs. lemon juice and 1 Tbs. zest)
* coarse salt and freshly ground pepper

In a large bowl, combine tuna, beans, onions, celery, olives, tomatoes
and lemon zest. In another smaller bowl, whisk together olive oil and
lemon juice. Throw a pinch of salt and pepper in there.
Pour dressing over the salad ingredients. Toss to combine.
Serve over a bed of mixed greens, with extra lemon on the side.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 29 Oct 2016 18:18:55 GMT, KenK > wrote:

> Whirled Peas > wrote in
> :
>
> > On 10/29/2016 09:41 AM, KenK wrote:
> >> Anyone have a good bean casserole recipe? Not green beans please; I
> >> don't care for them.
> >>
> >> I tried Doogle but the first three screens were all green bean so I
> >> gave up.
> >>
> >> Hint: I especially like great northerns!
> >>
> >> TIA
> >>

> > You can filter out the green bean recipes by adding
> >
> > -green
> >
> > to the end of the search phrase for Google. Note the "-".
> >

> After all the years of using Google I didn't know that! Thanks!

Remember, don't add a space between the "-" and the word.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/29/2016 11:18 AM, KenK wrote:
> Whirled Peas > wrote in
> :
>
>> On 10/29/2016 09:41 AM, KenK wrote:
>>> Anyone have a good bean casserole recipe? Not green beans please; I
>>> don't care for them.
>>>
>>> I tried Doogle but the first three screens were all green bean so I
>>> gave up.
>>>
>>> Hint: I especially like great northerns!
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>

>> You can filter out the green bean recipes by adding
>>
>> -green
>>
>> to the end of the search phrase for Google. Note the "-".
>>

> After all the years of using Google I didn't know that! Thanks!

You're very welcome.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cshenk > wrote:
> jinx the minx wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> KenK > wrote:
>>>
>>> Anyone have a good bean casserole recipe? Not green beans please; I
>>> don't care for them.
>>>
>>> I tried Doogle but the first three screens were all green bean so I
>>> gave up.
>>>
>>> Hint: I especially like great northerns!
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>

>> Search for "white beans" or even great northerns! All the recipes for
>> white beans should take the great northerns just fine. I pretty much
>> only use the GN's in any bean recipe. It's not a casserole, but my
>> favorite thing with northerns (besides traditional baked beans) is
>> white chicken chili. I can post my recipe later if you like.

> I'd like to see the chicken Chili if you dont mind?

Sure! It's a crockpot recipe, but I've made it on the stove just as easily
by simmering for about an hour. This is the recipe as I originally
received it, but I take liberties with it. I don't think I've ever used
broth and stock and paste together in a single recipe, but whatever, that's
the way it was written. I like to make my own when I get the chance. I
also tend to use fresh chilis and vary the types I use, some hotter some
not. I use less cumin if I've ground it fresh, more cayenne for my in-laws
taste, etc. It's a really flexible, basic recipe.

5-6 c. chicken broth
1 c. chicken stock
1 tsp. chicken paste
2 c. shredded, cooked chicken breast
2 c. chopped onion
6-8 garlic cloves, minced
5 cans great northern beans, undrained
1 (7oz) can of diced green chilis, undrained
2-3 tsp. cumin
2 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. cayenne pepper

Cook all of the above in crockpot on low. A half hour before serving add:

1 c. sour cream
3 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese

--
jinx the minx
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jinx the minx > wrote:
> cshenk > wrote:
>> jinx the minx wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>>> Search for "white beans" or even great northerns! All the recipes for
>>> white beans should take the great northerns just fine. I pretty much
>>> only use the GN's in any bean recipe. It's not a casserole, but my
>>> favorite thing with northerns (besides traditional baked beans) is
>>> white chicken chili. I can post my recipe later if you like.

>> I'd like to see the chicken Chili if you dont mind?
>>

> Sure! It's a crockpot recipe, but I've made it on the stove just as easily
> by simmering for about an hour. This is the recipe as I originally
> received it, but I take liberties with it. I don't think I've ever used
> broth and stock and paste together in a single recipe, but whatever, that's
> the way it was written. I like to make my own when I get the chance. I
> also tend to use fresh chilis and vary the types I use, some hotter some
> not. I use less cumin if I've ground it fresh, more cayenne for my in-laws
> taste, etc. It's a really flexible, basic recipe.
>
> 5-6 c. chicken broth
> 1 c. chicken stock
> 1 tsp. chicken paste
> 2 c. shredded, cooked chicken breast
> 2 c. chopped onion
> 6-8 garlic cloves, minced
> 5 cans great northern beans, undrained
> 1 (7oz) can of diced green chilis, undrained
> 2-3 tsp. cumin
> 2 tsp. oregano
> 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
>
> Cook all of the above in crockpot on low. A half hour before serving add:
>
> 1 c. sour cream
> 3 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese

I see that didn't format quite correctly. Sorry!

--
jinx the minx
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, October 29, 2016 at 12:59:33 PM UTC-4, KenK wrote:
> A Moose in Love > wrote in
> :
>
> What's a cassoulet?

A cassoulet can be very complex. Next time(in a few days), I'll post the recipe.
It's very lengthy and takes a lot of typing. In the meantime you can find something simpler on the internet. My French buddy swears by the stuff his grandmother used to make. Get ready for hell! If I remember correctly the recipe uses what we call white navy beans.

> I have many bean soup recipes - make them frequently. Thought a casserole
> would be a nice change.
>

> --
> You know it's time to clean the refrigerator
> when something closes the door from the inside.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chicken Chili (wite chili) recipe

jinx the minx wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> 5-6 c. chicken broth
> 1 c. chicken stock
> 1 tsp. chicken paste
> 2 c. shredded, cooked chicken breast
> 2 c. chopped onion
> 6-8 garlic cloves, minced
> 5 cans great northern beans, undrained
> 1 (7oz) can of diced green chilis, undrained
> 2-3 tsp. cumin
> 2 tsp. oregano
> 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
>
> Cook all of the above in crockpot on low. A half hour before serving
> add:
>
> 1 c. sour cream
> 3 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese

I like the looks of that! I can tell you why some of the things are as
they are. The chicken stock would be a bone stock so gelatinous at
cooler temps (generally home made, they may have also been low enough
they couldn't use just that).

Bone stock can be a bad thing if a person's bowl cools, so the broth
mixed in brings that down. Chicken paste, might that be like Minor's
broth paste? If so, they are intensifying the chickeny-flavors.

I can see where this is a simple, easy taste pleaser as is and will try
it but with adaptions.

I don't like chicken breast so would be using boneless chicken thighs
cut to strips, about 1.5 lbs seems right. I'll double the cumin (I use
whole seed comino, mexican cumin) and instead of adding the cayenne
pepper, have a shaker of sichimi (a chile blend from Japan) at the
table. (I'm almost afraid to say I have a picky eater after Julie's
posts, but Charlotte isn't fond of heat).

BTW, crockpots are my thing so happy to see this one was devised for
that!

Oh for others not familiar with crockpot (slow cooker) cooking, this
will be closer to a thick soup as designed but if you want it thicker,
use a slotted spoon for that portion then add liquid level desired.
You can also make this with dried beans (I can tell) by omitting the
chicken in the first part of the cooking then adjusting with more water
and paste as needed.

You'd spice that one a second time with about the same amounts above,
at about when you added in raw strips of chicken as the beans are just
soft enough to eat. That or 1/2 of the spices repeated and use cooked
strips of chicken. (The spice twice gives a better depth than just
once)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jinx the minx wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> jinx the minx > wrote:
> > cshenk > wrote:

> please; I >>>> don't care for them.

> so I >>>> gave up.

> recipes for >>> white beans should take the great northerns just
> fine. I pretty much >>> only use the GN's in any bean recipe. It's
> not a casserole, but my >>> favorite thing with northerns (besides
> traditional baked beans) is >>> white chicken chili. I can post my
> recipe later if you like. >>
> >> I'd like to see the chicken Chili if you dont mind?
> >>

> > Sure! It's a crockpot recipe, but I've made it on the stove just
> > as easily by simmering for about an hour. This is the recipe as I
> > originally received it, but I take liberties with it. I don't
> > think I've ever used broth and stock and paste together in a single
> > recipe, but whatever, that's the way it was written. I like to
> > make my own when I get the chance. I also tend to use fresh chilis
> > and vary the types I use, some hotter some not. I use less cumin
> > if I've ground it fresh, more cayenne for my in-laws taste, etc.
> > It's a really flexible, basic recipe.
> >
> > 5-6 c. chicken broth
> > 1 c. chicken stock
> > 1 tsp. chicken paste
> > 2 c. shredded, cooked chicken breast
> > 2 c. chopped onion
> > 6-8 garlic cloves, minced
> > 5 cans great northern beans, undrained
> > 1 (7oz) can of diced green chilis, undrained
> > 2-3 tsp. cumin
> > 2 tsp. oregano
> > 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
> >
> > Cook all of the above in crockpot on low. A half hour before
> > serving add:
> >
> > 1 c. sour cream
> > 3 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
> >

> I see that didn't format quite correctly. Sorry!

No problem! I can tell what it all was. Might make it this weekend.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Rusty > wrote in :

> [...]

> remaining 2 cans of beans to soup & simmer for a bit longer. Serve
> with crusty bread & salad for a great meal.
>
> Tuscan Tuna and White Bean Salad
>
> * 1 can albacore tuna (drained)
> * 1 (14.5 oz) can white beans, drained and rinsed
> * 2-4 cups mixed greens (I used spinach and romaine)
> * 1 stalk celery, finely diced
> * 1/4 red onion, finely sliced
> * 1/2 cup dehydrated tomatoes
> * 1/4 cup kalamata olives, halved
> * 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
> * 1 lemon (2 Tbs. lemon juice and 1 Tbs. zest)
> * coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
>
> In a large bowl, combine tuna, beans, onions, celery, olives, tomatoes
> and lemon zest. In another smaller bowl, whisk together olive oil and
> lemon juice. Throw a pinch of salt and pepper in there.
> Pour dressing over the salad ingredients. Toss to combine.
> Serve over a bed of mixed greens, with extra lemon on the side.

Well, that'll cetainly keep me occupied for a long time. I don't recall
seeing sweet Italian chicken sausage, but then again, I've never looked
for it. I will next time I grocery shop.

Thank you very much for the recipies and all the typing!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> [...]

> > * 1 stalk celery, finely diced
> > * 1/4 red onion, finely sliced
> > * 1/2 cup dehydrated tomatoes
> > * 1/4 cup kalamata olives, halved
> > * 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
> > * 1 lemon (2 Tbs. lemon juice and 1 Tbs. zest)
> > * coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
> >
> > In a large bowl, combine tuna, beans, onions, celery, olives,
> > tomatoes and lemon zest. In another smaller bowl, whisk together
> > olive oil and lemon juice. Throw a pinch of salt and pepper in
> > there. Pour dressing over the salad ingredients. Toss to combine.
> > Serve over a bed of mixed greens, with extra lemon on the side.
> >

> Well, that'll cetainly keep me occupied for a long time. I don't
> recall seeing sweet Italian chicken sausage, but then again, I've
> never looked for it. I will next time I grocery shop.
>
> Thank you very much for the recipies and all the typing!

We have it here and I found it's useful for cooking with but alone, not
something I would get.

Here's another thing for the sweet chicken sausage, if you find it.
Roll to small balls and steam them just enough so they stay together
(about 10 mins) then drop in soups.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/1/2016 2:06 PM, KenK wrote:
> Rusty > wrote in :

>>> You can filter out the green bean recipes by adding
>>>
>>> -green
>>>
>>> to the end of the search phrase for Google. Note the "-".

>> Here are a few of my favorite bean recipes - enjoy.
>>
>> Rusty in MD
>>

>> Tuscan Sausage and White Bean Soup from Mel's Kitchen
>>
>> 1 pound sweet Italian chicken sausage
>> 1/2 cup chopped carrots
>> 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion or leeks
>> 3 cloves garlic, chopped
>> 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
>> 2 (14.5oz each) cans diced tomatoes
>> 1 (15oz) can Great Northern or Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
>> 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
>> 1 teaspoon salt
>> 1/2 teaspoon pepper
>> 1 1/2 cups uncooked shell pasta
>> 9 ounces spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
>> 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
>>
>> In a large pot, cook the sausage over medium heat (remove the sausage
>> from the casings, if needed) until browned, 3-4 minutes, breaking it
>> into small pieces as it cooks. If your sausage is really lean, you may
>> need to use a teaspoon or so of oil so it doesn't stick to the pan.
>> Add the carrots, onion, and garlic, and continue to cook, stirring
>> often, until the sausage is cooked through, 5-10 minutes. At this
>> point, if there is excess grease, drain it before proceeding.
>> Add the broth, tomatoes, beans, basil, salt and pepper.
>> Bring the soup to a boil. Add the shell pasta, reduce the heat to a
>> simmer and cover the pot. Cook for about 8-10 minutes, until the pasta
>> is tender, stirring occasionally to make sure the pasta isn't
>> sticking. Stir in the spinach and simmer for another minute until the
>> spinach is wilted. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. serves 6

> Well, that'll cetainly keep me occupied for a long time. I don't recall
> seeing sweet Italian chicken sausage, but then again, I've never looked
> for it. I will next time I grocery shop.
>
> Thank you very much for the recipies and all the typing!

I must admit to not using sweet Italian chicken sausage. We like it
spicy, so I use hot Italian sausage - one link is enough! I made it
last week and it was delish!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/31/2016 12:44 PM, A Moose in Love wrote:
> A cassoulet can be very complex. Next time(in a few days), I'll post the recipe.

You're that repulsive Nazi vermin who talked lovingly about your
father's time in the Werrmacht!

You need to never show your face anywhere ever again.