Sam D.

Default Tampering With the Food Chain

Researchers at Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School
have published results of an experiment showing how genetically engineered
mice made their own omega-3 fatty acids, the equivalent of heart-friendly
fish oils. The study offers a controversial suggestion that healthier
eggs, milk and meat could be obtained through genetic modification of farm
animals.

Full story from the SF Chronicle:
http://tinyurl.com/29cef

Dean G.

"Sam D." > wrote in message

> Researchers at Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School
> have published results of an experiment showing how genetically engineered
> mice made their own omega-3 fatty acids, the equivalent of heart-friendly
> fish oils. The study offers a controversial suggestion that healthier
> eggs, milk and meat could be obtained through genetic modification of farm
> animals.

Perhaps we could engineer humans to make their own darn omega-3's, and
vitamin C while we're at it.

Dean G. (ducking and running.)

Janet Bostwick

"Dean G." > wrote in message

> "Sam D." > wrote in message
> >
> > Researchers at Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School
> > have published results of an experiment showing how genetically

engineered
> > mice made their own omega-3 fatty acids, the equivalent of

heart-friendly
> > fish oils. The study offers a controversial suggestion that healthier
> > eggs, milk and meat could be obtained through genetic modification of

farm
> > animals.

> Perhaps we could engineer humans to make their own darn omega-3's, and
> vitamin C while we're at it.
>
> Dean G. (ducking and running.)

How un-American of you. The middle man is where all the corporate profits
are. ;}

MEow

While frolicking around in rec.food.cooking, Dean G. of FUSE Internet
Access said:

>Perhaps we could engineer humans to make their own darn omega-3's, and
>vitamin C while we're at it.

To the best of my knowledge, we *were* able to produce our own vitamin
C, like almost all other animals, at an early stage of evolution, but we
lost the ability.
--
Nikitta a.a. #1759 Apatriot(No, not apricot)#18
ICQ# 251532856
Dennis G.

Steve Wertz > wrote:

>Who's to say that
>mad cow and isn't a result of the effects of genetic manipulation?

Every scientist that has studied the disease.

Dennis

Robert Klute

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 12:27:22 -0600, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

>On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:44:39 -0800, "Sam D."
> wrote:
>
>>Researchers at Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School
>>have published results of an experiment showing how genetically engineered
>>mice made their own omega-3 fatty acids, the equivalent of heart-friendly
>>fish oils. The study offers a controversial suggestion that healthier
>>eggs, milk and meat could be obtained through genetic modification of farm
>>animals.
>>
>>Full story from the SF Chronicle:
>>http://tinyurl.com/29cef

>Haven't they ****ed with the animals enough?

Don't know, have visited the school labs at night.

>Who's to say that
>mad cow and isn't a result of the effects of genetic manipulation?

No, just stupid greed. Feeding cows sheep byproducts and saying it is
OK because cows don't get scrappy is sort of stupid when there is
evidence all over of cross species mutations going on all the time -
swine flus and bird flus for example.

Mark Thorson

Steve Putz wrote:

> Haven't they ****ed with the animals enough?
> Who's to say that mad cow and isn't a result
> of the effects of genetic manipulation?

Who's to say that trolls like you aren't a result
of genetic manipulation. An insane, failed
experiment, obviously.

Loki

il Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:44:39 -0800, "Sam D." ha scritto:

> Researchers at Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School
> have published results of an experiment showing how genetically engineered
> mice made their own omega-3 fatty acids, the equivalent of heart-friendly
> fish oils. The study offers a controversial suggestion that healthier
> eggs, milk and meat could be obtained through genetic modification of farm
> animals.
>
> Full story from the SF Chronicle:
> http://tinyurl.com/29cef

Oh great, farmed mice ...