Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Remodeling is finished.

Remember earlier this summer I kept saying we were remodeling the bathroom?
Well, it's essentially complete. For those who were interested in the
project, go to <http://www.adi.com/~hamilton>

I have to say, the pictures don't do it justice. The wall color in
particular photographs as a boring tan, when it actually is a golden
caramel that picks up one of the colors in the shower walls (and
vanity top) and in the glass mosaic tile.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 08:17:44 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>Remember earlier this summer I kept saying we were remodeling the bathroom?
>Well, it's essentially complete. For those who were interested in the
>project, go to <http://www.adi.com/~hamilton>
>
>I have to say, the pictures don't do it justice. The wall color in
>particular photographs as a boring tan, when it actually is a golden
>caramel that picks up one of the colors in the shower walls (and
>vanity top) and in the glass mosaic tile.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

You are correct. the photos do need improvement but it looks like a
great remodeling job. I have the same Kohler lavatory set, everyone
likes it. Try taking shots of the individual features with only a
border of the surrounding area, they should be more accurate than an
all encompassing image... with a digicam on Auto it will focus on the
nearest brightest feature and blur/mute the rest and much more
pronouncedly with indoor shots. Try dimming the lighting and use the
camera's flash.
I hope all your lamps are LED fixtures.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/13/2016 11:17 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> Remember earlier this summer I kept saying we were remodeling the bathroom?
> Well, it's essentially complete. For those who were interested in the
> project, go to <http://www.adi.com/~hamilton>
>
> I have to say, the pictures don't do it justice. The wall color in
> particular photographs as a boring tan, when it actually is a golden
> caramel that picks up one of the colors in the shower walls (and
> vanity top) and in the glass mosaic tile.

Beautiful! What are those bottles? Very nice looking.

We have the same bathroom. The first time we had it redone,
I had the window changed to a casement window and the bottom
half changed to wall.

I'm always amazed when people tackle projects like that
themselves, probably because I'm afraid of a) plumbing and
b) getting into it and finding out I can't finish the job
after tearing the place apart.

Congratulations on the new bathroom.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 10:17:49 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Remember earlier this summer I kept saying we were remodeling the bathroom?
> Well, it's essentially complete. For those who were interested in the
> project, go to <http://www.adi.com/~hamilton>
>
> I have to say, the pictures don't do it justice. The wall color in
> particular photographs as a boring tan, when it actually is a golden
> caramel that picks up one of the colors in the shower walls (and
> vanity top) and in the glass mosaic tile.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Oh wow, it really looks nice, nice, nice! I just did a
bathroom remodel in September on a 5x7, 93 year old bathroom.
I've got pictures, too, but don't know how to post them here.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

Remember earlier this summer I kept saying we were remodeling the bathroom?
Well, it's essentially complete. For those who were interested in the
project, go to <http://www.adi.com/~hamilton>

I have to say, the pictures don't do it justice. The wall color in
particular photographs as a boring tan, when it actually is a golden
caramel that picks up one of the colors in the shower walls (and
vanity top) and in the glass mosaic tile.

Cindy Hamilton

===============

Lovely job ) I know you will enjoy it after all that hard work and so you
should )

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" > wrote in message
> Remember earlier this summer I kept saying we were remodeling the
> bathroom?
> Well, it's essentially complete. For those who were interested in the
> project, go to <http://www.adi.com/~hamilton>
>
> I have to say, the pictures don't do it justice. The wall color in
> particular photographs as a boring tan, when it actually is a golden
> caramel that picks up one of the colors in the shower walls (and
> vanity top) and in the glass mosaic tile.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Looks very nice to me, it always feels good when a project is finished to
your liking. We redid floors, toilets, painted etc. our bathrooms too and it
felt good when it was done. Enjoy yours!

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 11:41:41 AM UTC-4, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 10/13/2016 11:17 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > Remember earlier this summer I kept saying we were remodeling the bathroom?
> > Well, it's essentially complete. For those who were interested in the
> > project, go to <http://www.adi.com/~hamilton>
> >
> > I have to say, the pictures don't do it justice. The wall color in
> > particular photographs as a boring tan, when it actually is a golden
> > caramel that picks up one of the colors in the shower walls (and
> > vanity top) and in the glass mosaic tile.

> Beautiful! What are those bottles? Very nice looking.

Blenko water bottles:

<http://www.blenkoglass.com>

A mix of vintage and new stuff.

> We have the same bathroom. The first time we had it redone,
> I had the window changed to a casement window and the bottom
> half changed to wall.
>
> I'm always amazed when people tackle projects like that
> themselves, probably because I'm afraid of a) plumbing and
> b) getting into it and finding out I can't finish the job
> after tearing the place apart.

My husband is amazing. He can figure out anything, except when
to stop fiddling with drywall mud.

> Congratulations on the new bathroom.

Thanks,

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 08:17:44 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>Remember earlier this summer I kept saying we were remodeling the bathroom?
>Well, it's essentially complete. For those who were interested in the
>project, go to <http://www.adi.com/~hamilton>
>
>I have to say, the pictures don't do it justice. The wall color in
>particular photographs as a boring tan, when it actually is a golden
>caramel that picks up one of the colors in the shower walls (and
>vanity top) and in the glass mosaic tile.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Good Job, Kiddo! The bare walls bring back memories of our similar
endeavors. I love your shower.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 08:17:44 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>Remember earlier this summer I kept saying we were remodeling the bathroom?
>Well, it's essentially complete. For those who were interested in the
>project, go to <http://www.adi.com/~hamilton>
>
>I have to say, the pictures don't do it justice. The wall color in
>particular photographs as a boring tan, when it actually is a golden
>caramel that picks up one of the colors in the shower walls (and
>vanity top) and in the glass mosaic tile.

Looks very nice indeed, that is the type of shower stall I want for my
bathroom one day. Used to have the hot water cylinder in the bathroom
but has since been moved, so I can easily fit a much larger shower
stall now.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Cindy Hamilton > wrote:

> Remember earlier this summer I kept saying we were remodeling the bathroom?
> Well, it's essentially complete. For those who were interested in the
> project, go to <http://www.adi.com/~hamilton>
>
> I have to say, the pictures don't do it justice. The wall color in
> particular photographs as a boring tan, when it actually is a golden
> caramel that picks up one of the colors in the shower walls (and
> vanity top) and in the glass mosaic tile.

It's beautiful. What is your total bathroom floor area please? I have a
5'x7' that desperately needs TLC. My wife is getting angry.

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, October 14, 2016 at 12:08:43 AM UTC-4, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
> In article >,
> Cindy Hamilton > wrote:
>
> > Remember earlier this summer I kept saying we were remodeling the bathroom?
> > Well, it's essentially complete. For those who were interested in the
> > project, go to <http://www.adi.com/~hamilton>
> >
> > I have to say, the pictures don't do it justice. The wall color in
> > particular photographs as a boring tan, when it actually is a golden
> > caramel that picks up one of the colors in the shower walls (and
> > vanity top) and in the glass mosaic tile.

> It's beautiful. What is your total bathroom floor area please? I have a
> 5'x7' that desperately needs TLC. My wife is getting angry.
>
> leo

The entire floor is about 9 feet by 5 feet.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> The entire floor is about 9 feet by 5 feet.

Cindy, your bathroom remodel rules. Looks so much nicer.
Great job!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/14/2016 12:08 AM, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

> It's beautiful. What is your total bathroom floor area please? I have a
> 5'x7' that desperately needs TLC. My wife is getting angry.

That made me laugh ... it was me 3 years ago or whatever, I had the
most godawful floor and I wanted a new one. Lukewarm response for
some time, and I was getting angry. I could just go ahead and have
it taken care of but it's not that fun without the support of the
other person.

Now I have my beautiful 18" pale stone look porcelain and
peace reigns the kingdom once again.

The good news is that the wall and floor grout are all mildew
resistant (proof?) and it all stays nice without much work.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 08:17:44 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>Remember earlier this summer I kept saying we were remodeling the bathroom?
>Well, it's essentially complete. For those who were interested in the
>project, go to <http://www.adi.com/~hamilton>
>
>I have to say, the pictures don't do it justice. The wall color in
>particular photographs as a boring tan, when it actually is a golden
>caramel that picks up one of the colors in the shower walls (and
>vanity top) and in the glass mosaic tile.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

your bathroom looks like the Ritz-Carlton now Cindy

William

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/14/2016 6:33 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> Remember earlier this summer I kept saying we were remodeling the bathroom?
>>> Well, it's essentially complete. For those who were interested in the
>>> project, go to <http://www.adi.com/~hamilton>
>>>
>>> I have to say, the pictures don't do it justice. The wall color in
>>> particular photographs as a boring tan, when it actually is a golden
>>> caramel that picks up one of the colors in the shower walls (and
>>> vanity top) and in the glass mosaic tile.

I like the way you think. We made a similar shower and a one piece
vanity top with rectangular sink. I really like the big shower and
glass doors. I keep a squeegee in the shower to clean it afterwards.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, William says...

> On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 08:17:44 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >Remember earlier this summer I kept saying we were remodeling the bathroom?
> >Well, it's essentially complete. For those who were interested in the
> >project, go to <http://www.adi.com/~hamilton>
> >
> >I have to say, the pictures don't do it justice. The wall color in
> >particular photographs as a boring tan, when it actually is a golden
> >caramel that picks up one of the colors in the shower walls (and
> >vanity top) and in the glass mosaic tile.
> >
> >Cindy Hamilton

> your bathroom looks like the Ritz-Carlton now Cindy

That's why I think the original bathroom had more character.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, October 14, 2016 at 4:25:01 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> In article >, William says...
> >
> > On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 08:17:44 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > > wrote:
> >
> > >Remember earlier this summer I kept saying we were remodeling the bathroom?
> > >Well, it's essentially complete. For those who were interested in the
> > >project, go to <http://www.adi.com/~hamilton>
> > >
> > >I have to say, the pictures don't do it justice. The wall color in
> > >particular photographs as a boring tan, when it actually is a golden
> > >caramel that picks up one of the colors in the shower walls (and
> > >vanity top) and in the glass mosaic tile.
> > >
> > >Cindy Hamilton

> > your bathroom looks like the Ritz-Carlton now Cindy

> That's why I think the original bathroom had more character.

The bath tub with the failing re-surfacing job certainly had
a lot of character.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Cindy Hamilton says...

> On Friday, October 14, 2016 at 4:25:01 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> > In article >, William says...
> > >
> > > On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 08:17:44 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

> > > your bathroom looks like the Ritz-Carlton now Cindy

> > That's why I think the original bathroom had more character.

> The bath tub with the failing re-surfacing job certainly had
> a lot of character.

You have a point there.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 14 Oct 2016 13:35:08 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, October 14, 2016 at 4:25:01 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
>> In article >, William says...
>> >
>> > On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 08:17:44 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

>> > your bathroom looks like the Ritz-Carlton now Cindy

>> That's why I think the original bathroom had more character.

>The bath tub with the failing re-surfacing job certainly had
>a lot of character.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

You`ll love the shower, I did the same sort of thing and cast out the
tub, never regretted it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/13/2016 1:06 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 11:41:41 AM UTC-4, Nancy Young wrote:
>> On 10/13/2016 11:17 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>> Remember earlier this summer I kept saying we were remodeling the bathroom?
>>> Well, it's essentially complete. For those who were interested in the
>>> project, go to <http://www.adi.com/~hamilton>
>>>
>>> I have to say, the pictures don't do it justice. The wall color in
>>> particular photographs as a boring tan, when it actually is a golden
>>> caramel that picks up one of the colors in the shower walls (and
>>> vanity top) and in the glass mosaic tile.

>> Beautiful! What are those bottles? Very nice looking.

> Blenko water bottles:
>
> <http://www.blenkoglass.com>

I thought those were Blenko! I have a Blenko bottle sitting on a shelf
in my entry way.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/13/2016 11:17 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> Remember earlier this summer I kept saying we were remodeling the bathroom?
> Well, it's essentially complete. For those who were interested in the
> project, go to <http://www.adi.com/~hamilton>
>
> I have to say, the pictures don't do it justice. The wall color in
> particular photographs as a boring tan, when it actually is a golden
> caramel that picks up one of the colors in the shower walls (and
> vanity top) and in the glass mosaic tile.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Looks like you did a great job! Kudos!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote in message ...

On Fri, 14 Oct 2016 13:35:08 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, October 14, 2016 at 4:25:01 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
>> In article >, William says...
>> >
>> > On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 08:17:44 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

>> > your bathroom looks like the Ritz-Carlton now Cindy

>> That's why I think the original bathroom had more character.

>The bath tub with the failing re-surfacing job certainly had
>a lot of character.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

You`ll love the shower, I did the same sort of thing and cast out the
tub, never regretted it.

Here too. I got rid of my tub around 20 years ago. I have a bidet in the
extra space from the tub.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk