FoodBanter.com

-   -   Thanksgiving is coming (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/439970-thanksgiving-coming.html)

sf[_9_] 30-09-2016 11:44 PM

Thanksgiving is coming

Canadian Thanksgiving is almost here and ours is coming at the end of
November, so I'm noticing more recipes that I'd serve during the
holidays. This one is high on my list to try.
http://www.crazyforcrust.com/2014/11/pecan-pie-baklava/

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Cheri[_3_] 01-10-2016 12:58 AM

Thanksgiving is coming

"sf" > wrote in message
> Canadian Thanksgiving is almost here and ours is coming at the end of
> November, so I'm noticing more recipes that I'd serve during the
> holidays. This one is high on my list to try.
> http://www.crazyforcrust.com/2014/11/pecan-pie-baklava/
>
> --
> I love cooking with wine.
> Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Damn that looks good! Saved.

Cheri

Bruce[_28_] 01-10-2016 01:02 AM

Thanksgiving is coming

In article >, says...

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > Canadian Thanksgiving is almost here and ours is coming at the end of
> > November, so I'm noticing more recipes that I'd serve during the
> > holidays. This one is high on my list to try.

http://www.crazyforcrust.com/2014/11/pecan-pie-baklava/

> > --
> > I love cooking with wine.
> > Sometimes I even put it in the food.

> Damn that looks good! Saved.

Isn't sugar a carb?

dsi1[_20_] 01-10-2016 01:05 AM

Thanksgiving is coming

On 9/30/2016 12:44 PM, sf wrote:
> Canadian Thanksgiving is almost here and ours is coming at the end of
> November, so I'm noticing more recipes that I'd serve during the
> holidays. This one is high on my list to try.
> http://www.crazyforcrust.com/2014/11/pecan-pie-baklava/

Hoo boy, this looks good too!

http://www.crazyforcrust.com/2013/11/pecan-pie-fudge/

Cheri[_3_] 01-10-2016 01:09 AM

Thanksgiving is coming

"Bruce" > wrote in message
T...
> In article >, says...
>>
>> "sf" > wrote in message
>> > Canadian Thanksgiving is almost here and ours is coming at the end of
>> > November, so I'm noticing more recipes that I'd serve during the
>> > holidays. This one is high on my list to try.

http://www.crazyforcrust.com/2014/11/pecan-pie-baklava/

>> > --
>> > I love cooking with wine.
>> > Sometimes I even put it in the food.

>> Damn that looks good! Saved.

> Isn't sugar a carb?

Not on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, or my birthday. No calories, no
carbs in any of those things.

Cheri

Nancy Young[_8_] 01-10-2016 02:32 AM

Thanksgiving is coming

On 9/30/2016 6:44 PM, sf wrote:
> Canadian Thanksgiving is almost here and ours is coming at the end of
> November, so I'm noticing more recipes that I'd serve during the
> holidays. This one is high on my list to try.
> http://www.crazyforcrust.com/2014/11/pecan-pie-baklava/

That looks so good!

nancy

Ophelia[_14_] 01-10-2016 09:17 AM

Thanksgiving is coming

"Cheri" wrote in message ...

"Bruce" > wrote in message
T...
> In article >, says...
>>
>> "sf" > wrote in message
>> > Canadian Thanksgiving is almost here and ours is coming at the end of
>> > November, so I'm noticing more recipes that I'd serve during the
>> > holidays. This one is high on my list to try.

http://www.crazyforcrust.com/2014/11/pecan-pie-baklava/

>> > --
>> > I love cooking with wine.
>> > Sometimes I even put it in the food.

>> Damn that looks good! Saved.

> Isn't sugar a carb?

Not on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, or my birthday. No calories, no
carbs in any of those things.

Cheri

===

LOL

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

sf[_9_] 01-10-2016 04:02 PM

Thanksgiving is coming

On Sat, 1 Oct 2016 10:02:34 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

> In article >, says...
> >
> > "sf" > wrote in message
> > > Canadian Thanksgiving is almost here and ours is coming at the end of
> > > November, so I'm noticing more recipes that I'd serve during the
> > > holidays. This one is high on my list to try.

http://www.crazyforcrust.com/2014/11/pecan-pie-baklava/

> > > --

> > Damn that looks good! Saved.

> Isn't sugar a carb?

What point are you trying to make or did you get her mixed up with
another poster who is on a lengthy low carb diet? Limiting carbs
doesn't mean eliminating them. Those who are limiting their carbs (or
avoiding gluten for that matter) won't be forced to eat it.

jmcquown[_2_] 01-10-2016 04:06 PM

Thanksgiving is coming

On 10/1/2016 11:02 AM, sf wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Oct 2016 10:02:34 +1000, Bruce >
> wrote:

http://www.crazyforcrust.com/2014/11/pecan-pie-baklava/

>>> Damn that looks good! Saved.

>> Isn't sugar a carb?

> What point are you trying to make or did you get her mixed up with
> another poster who is on a lengthy low carb diet? Limiting carbs
> doesn't mean eliminating them. Those who are limiting their carbs (or
> avoiding gluten for that matter) won't be forced to eat it.

Of course sugar is a carb. Bruce simply doesn't want to disrupt the
group with <gasp!> an actual recipe!

Jill

Gary 01-10-2016 04:13 PM

Thanksgiving is coming

jmcquown wrote:

> On 10/1/2016 11:02 AM, sf wrote:
> > On Sat, 1 Oct 2016 10:02:34 +1000, Bruce >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> In article >, says...

http://www.crazyforcrust.com/2014/11/pecan-pie-baklava/

> >> Isn't sugar a carb?

> > What point are you trying to make or did you get her mixed up with
> > another poster who is on a lengthy low carb diet? Limiting carbs
> > doesn't mean eliminating them. Those who are limiting their carbs (or
> > avoiding gluten for that matter) won't be forced to eat it.
> >

> Of course sugar is a carb. Bruce simply doesn't want to disrupt the
> group with <gasp!> an actual recipe!

Girl gang, Bruce. Cheri will show up next. Wait for it. ;)

jmcquown[_2_] 01-10-2016 04:36 PM

Thanksgiving is coming

On 10/1/2016 11:13 AM, Gary wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> On 10/1/2016 11:02 AM, sf wrote:

http://www.crazyforcrust.com/2014/11/pecan-pie-baklava/

>>> What point are you trying to make or did you get her mixed up with
>>> another poster who is on a lengthy low carb diet? Limiting carbs
>>> doesn't mean eliminating them. Those who are limiting their carbs (or
>>> avoiding gluten for that matter) won't be forced to eat it.
>>>

>> Of course sugar is a carb. Bruce simply doesn't want to disrupt the
>> group with <gasp!> an actual recipe!

> Girl gang, Bruce. Cheri will show up next. Wait for it. ;)

Oh please... he's a troll. Thank you for continuing to feed him.

Jill

Cheri[_3_] 01-10-2016 06:09 PM

Thanksgiving is coming

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> "Cheri" wrote in message ...
>
> "Bruce" > wrote in message
> T...

http://www.crazyforcrust.com/2014/11/pecan-pie-baklava/

>>> Damn that looks good! Saved.

>> Isn't sugar a carb?

> Not on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, or my birthday. No calories, no
> carbs in any of those things.
>
> Cheri
> ===
>
> LOL

I forgot to add New Years Day, Easter, and Valentine's Day. Not to pig out
on that stuff to the point of misery, but to make things I love and sample
them all. :)

Cheri

Cheri[_3_] 01-10-2016 06:12 PM

Thanksgiving is coming

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> On 10/1/2016 11:02 AM, sf wrote:

http://www.crazyforcrust.com/2014/11/pecan-pie-baklava/

>> > What point are you trying to make or did you get her mixed up with
>> > another poster who is on a lengthy low carb diet? Limiting carbs
>> > doesn't mean eliminating them. Those who are limiting their carbs (or
>> > avoiding gluten for that matter) won't be forced to eat it.
>> >

>> Of course sugar is a carb. Bruce simply doesn't want to disrupt the
>> group with <gasp!> an actual recipe!

> Girl gang, Bruce. Cheri will show up next. Wait for it. ;)

Gary the "Bully Boy/Passive Aggressive" got here first, no need to wait for
it, it was expected. ;-)

Cheri

Ophelia[_14_] 01-10-2016 06:30 PM

Thanksgiving is coming

"Cheri" wrote in message ...

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> "Cheri" wrote in message ...
>
> "Bruce" > wrote in message
> T...

http://www.crazyforcrust.com/2014/11/pecan-pie-baklava/

>>> Damn that looks good! Saved.

>> Isn't sugar a carb?

> Not on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, or my birthday. No calories, no
> carbs in any of those things.
>
> Cheri
> ===
>
> LOL

I forgot to add New Years Day, Easter, and Valentine's Day. Not to pig out
on that stuff to the point of misery, but to make things I love and sample
them all. :)

Cheri

===========

Of course:) It is good to have some treats on special days:)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Sqwertz 01-10-2016 07:22 PM

Thanksgiving is coming

On 10/1/2016 9:58 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> It's just Bruce instigating again. He's a one-trick pony,

Funny thing...unlike YOU he doesn't stalk women, bully them, and then
try and chat them up again.

You morbidly obese, synthroid-addicted dumpling.

sf[_9_] 01-10-2016 08:53 PM

Thanksgiving is coming

On Sat, 1 Oct 2016 11:36:27 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

> On 10/1/2016 11:13 AM, Gary wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote:

http://www.crazyforcrust.com/2014/11/pecan-pie-baklava/

> >> Of course sugar is a carb. Bruce simply doesn't want to disrupt the
> >> group with <gasp!> an actual recipe!

> > Girl gang, Bruce. Cheri will show up next. Wait for it. ;)
> >

> Oh please... he's a troll. Thank you for continuing to feed him.

I wish all trolls were more like Bruce.

Bruce[_28_] 01-10-2016 09:33 PM

Thanksgiving is coming

In article >,
says...

> On Sat, 1 Oct 2016 10:02:34 +1000, Bruce >
> wrote:
>
> > In article >,
says...

http://www.crazyforcrust.com/2014/11/pecan-pie-baklava/

> > > Damn that looks good! Saved.

> > Isn't sugar a carb?

> What point are you trying to make or did you get her mixed up with
> another poster who is on a lengthy low carb diet? Limiting carbs
> doesn't mean eliminating them. Those who are limiting their carbs (or
> avoiding gluten for that matter) won't be forced to eat it.

I was worried that Cheri would be eating carbs without knowing it.

Bruce[_28_] 01-10-2016 09:38 PM

Thanksgiving is coming

In article >, says...

> On 10/1/2016 11:02 AM, sf wrote:
> > On Sat, 1 Oct 2016 10:02:34 +1000, Bruce >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> In article >,
says...

http://www.crazyforcrust.com/2014/11/pecan-pie-baklava/

> >> Isn't sugar a carb?

> > What point are you trying to make or did you get her mixed up with
> > another poster who is on a lengthy low carb diet? Limiting carbs
> > doesn't mean eliminating them. Those who are limiting their carbs (or
> > avoiding gluten for that matter) won't be forced to eat it.
> >

> Of course sugar is a carb. Bruce simply doesn't want to disrupt the
> group with <gasp!> an actual recipe!

Putting someone in your killfile and then bitching about them is so...
so... so McBiddy.

Cheri[_3_] 02-10-2016 02:13 AM

Thanksgiving is coming

"Bruce" > wrote in message
T...
> In article >,
> says...
>>
>> On Sat, 1 Oct 2016 10:02:34 +1000, Bruce >
>> wrote:
>>
>> > In article >,
says...

http://www.crazyforcrust.com/2014/11/pecan-pie-baklava/

>> > Isn't sugar a carb?

>> What point are you trying to make or did you get her mixed up with
>> another poster who is on a lengthy low carb diet? Limiting carbs
>> doesn't mean eliminating them. Those who are limiting their carbs (or
>> avoiding gluten for that matter) won't be forced to eat it.

> I was worried that Cheri would be eating carbs without knowing it.

Nah, I have been low carbing for nearly 20 years now, and I know the carb
count of everything I eat. I cook a lot of carby things that I don't eat but
others enjoy so I always like different recipes for all foods. I like
tweaking many of them to suit me as well.

Cheri

jinx the minx 02-10-2016 02:43 AM

Thanksgiving is coming

Cheri > wrote:

> "Gary" > wrote in message ...
>> jmcquown wrote:

http://www.crazyforcrust.com/2014/11/pecan-pie-baklava/

>>> Of course sugar is a carb. Bruce simply doesn't want to disrupt the
>>> group with <gasp!> an actual recipe!

>> Girl gang, Bruce. Cheri will show up next. Wait for it. ;)

> Gary the "Bully Boy/Passive Aggressive" got here first, no need to wait for
> it, it was expected. ;-)
>
> Cheri

Passive aggressive is an understatement. But I'm just joking.

--
jinx the minx

Gary 02-10-2016 12:39 PM

Thanksgiving is coming

Cheri wrote:

> "Gary" wrote:
> > Girl gang, Bruce. Cheri will show up next. Wait for it. ;)

> Gary the "Bully Boy/Passive Aggressive" got here first, no need to wait for
> it, it was expected. ;-)

heheh. And *YOU* showed up right quickly yourself (as predicted). ;)

Gary 02-10-2016 12:39 PM

Thanksgiving is coming

jinx the minx wrote:

> Cheri wrote:
> > Gary the "Bully Boy/Passive Aggressive" got here first, no need to wait for
> > it, it was expected. ;-)
> >
> > Cheri
> >

> Passive aggressive is an understatement. But I'm just joking.

LMAO! Good one! I didn't get it at first but then,
"AHHHHH..........POLO!"

Cheri[_3_] 02-10-2016 04:32 PM

Thanksgiving is coming

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Cheri wrote:
>>
>> "Gary" wrote:
>> > Girl gang, Bruce. Cheri will show up next. Wait for it. ;)

>> Gary the "Bully Boy/Passive Aggressive" got here first, no need to wait
>> for
>> it, it was expected. ;-)

> heheh. And *YOU* showed up right quickly yourself (as predicted). ;)

If you had been paying attention, you would have seen that I already
commented in this thread to Jebus a day before you posted YOUR shot, silly
boy. Poor Gary, always a day late and a dollar short. LOL

Cheri

Gary 02-10-2016 05:03 PM

Thanksgiving is coming

Cheri wrote:

> "Gary" > wrote in message ...
> > Cheri wrote:

> >> Gary the "Bully Boy/Passive Aggressive" got here first, no need to wait
> >> for
> >> it, it was expected. ;-)

> > heheh. And *YOU* showed up right quickly yourself (as predicted). ;)

> If you had been paying attention, you would have seen that I already
> commented in this thread to Jebus a day before you posted YOUR shot, silly
> boy. Poor Gary, always a day late and a dollar short. LOL

I'll just let you have this one, love.
I do really like you, Cheri...seriously. Or am I just joking again? haha
Nah...you're cool. You seem to let me joke you occasionally without
really
getting all mad ant stuff. :)

People that really get to know me well know I tease often and they
pretty much ignore my weird comments.