Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ham sandwich with mayo on a Panera Asiago Cheese Bagel!

YUM!!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, August 31, 2016 at 10:33:00 PM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:
> YUM!!
>
> John Kuthe...

Panera, huh? Quite a shitty choice for a bagel, even in St. Louis.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, September 1, 2016 at 8:08:27 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 31, 2016 at 10:33:00 PM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:
> > YUM!!
> >
> > John Kuthe...

> Panera, huh? Quite a shitty choice for a bagel, even in St. Louis.

Yeah, their Asiago Cheese bagels I noticed are way too fluffy and airy to be considered a real bagel, but still yummy! Others of Panera's bagels are not quite as bad as this too. And better than NO bagels!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Thursday, September 1, 2016 at 6:40:12 AM UTC-7, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Thursday, September 1, 2016 at 8:08:27 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> > On Wednesday, August 31, 2016 at 10:33:00 PM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:
> > > YUM!!
> > >
> > > John Kuthe...

> > Panera, huh? Quite a shitty choice for a bagel, even in St. Louis.

> Yeah, their Asiago Cheese bagels I noticed are way too fluffy and airy to be considered a real bagel, but still yummy! Others of Panera's bagels are not quite as bad as this too. And better than NO bagels!
>
> John Kuthe...

I can be ostracized for saying this. But I don't like "traditional" bagels. They are hockey pucks to me. I LIKE the big fluffy softer bagels like Panera. So sue me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, September 1, 2016 at 11:18:51 AM UTC-4, ImStillMags wrote:

> I can be ostracized for saying this. But I don't like "traditional" bagels. They are hockey pucks to me. I LIKE the big fluffy softer bagels like Panera. So sue me.

You'll be hearing from my attorney.

I like traditional bagels, but I managed to crack one of my crowns on
one, so I don't eat bagels anymore.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

l not -l wrote:

> On 1-Sep-2016, ImStillMags > wrote:
>
> > On Thursday, September 1, 2016 at 6:40:12 AM UTC-7, John Kuthe wrote:

> > > Yeah, their Asiago Cheese bagels I noticed are way too fluffy and airy
> > > to be considered a real bagel, but still yummy! Others of Panera's
> > > bagels are not quite as bad as this too. And better than NO bagels!
> > >
> > > John Kuthe...

> > I can be ostracized for saying this. But I don't like "traditional"
> > bagels. They are hockey pucks to me. I LIKE the big fluffy softer
> > bagels like Panera. So sue me.

> Expect to be served with the legal documents later today. 8-)

IMO, bagels make stupid sandwiches unless all ingredients are hard. Bite
into one and all the soft ingredients squeeze right out. Where's the fun
in that? A half bagel, open faced is ok though.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 1 Sep 2016 08:18:46 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

> On Thursday, September 1, 2016 at 6:40:12 AM UTC-7, John Kuthe wrote:

> > > Panera, huh? Quite a shitty choice for a bagel, even in St. Louis.

> > Yeah, their Asiago Cheese bagels I noticed are way too fluffy and airy to be considered a real bagel, but still yummy! Others of Panera's bagels are not quite as bad as this too. And better than NO bagels!
> >
> > John Kuthe...

> I can be ostracized for saying this. But I don't like "traditional" bagels. They are hockey pucks to me. I LIKE the big fluffy softer bagels like Panera. So sue me.

I like chewy hockey puck bagels a lot, but not as sandwich bread.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

My town has a mom & pop bagel shop that sells delicious Asiago bagels, I get them with bacon, horseradish cream cheese. They're so good.

Denise in NH

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/1/2016 12:46 PM, Gary wrote:

>>> I can be ostracized for saying this. But I don't like "traditional"
>>> bagels. They are hockey pucks to me. I LIKE the big fluffy softer
>>> bagels like Panera. So sue me.

>> Expect to be served with the legal documents later today. 8-)

> IMO, bagels make stupid sandwiches unless all ingredients are hard. Bite
> into one and all the soft ingredients squeeze right out. Where's the fun
> in that? A half bagel, open faced is ok though.

Real bagels, yes. Panera bagels are more like a fairly dense bread.
Not bad for what they are and they are not bagels. The Asiago makes a
decent sandwich.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, September 1, 2016 at 8:16:05 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> >> Expect to be served with the legal documents later today. 8-)

> > IMO, bagels make stupid sandwiches unless all ingredients are hard. Bite
> > into one and all the soft ingredients squeeze right out. Where's the fun
> > in that? A half bagel, open faced is ok though.
> >

> Real bagels, yes. Panera bagels are more like a fairly dense bread.
> Not bad for what they are and they are not bagels. The Asiago makes a
> decent sandwich.

Gonna make another in a minute. but I don't haave any more asiago cheese bagels. Some "everything" bagels!

https://www.panerabread.com/en-us/me...erything-bagel

Lotta seeds on the outside. YUM!

John Kuthe....
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 1 Sep 2016 08:18:46 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>On Thursday, September 1, 2016 at 6:40:12 AM UTC-7, John Kuthe wrote:

>> > Panera, huh? Quite a shitty choice for a bagel, even in St. Louis.

>> Yeah, their Asiago Cheese bagels I noticed are way too fluffy and airy to be considered a real bagel, but still yummy! Others of Panera's bagels are not quite as bad as this too. And better than NO bagels!

>I can be ostracized for saying this. But I don't like "traditional" bagels. They are hockey pucks to me. I LIKE the big fluffy softer bagels like Panera. So sue me.

You probably never ate a real bagel, they don't exist outside of NYC,
and are best eaten less than an hour out of the oven. The bagels
outside of NYC are indeed hocky pucks. There's no such thing as a
"traditional" bagel, it's a NYC bagel or it's not a bagel.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

>IMO, bagels make stupid sandwiches unless all ingredients are hard. Bite
>into one and all the soft ingredients squeeze right out. Where's the fun
>in that? A half bagel, open faced is ok though.

Bagels are not intended for sandwiches, they're intended for a filling
of no more than a schmear (cream cheese or butter) and a
soupcon/schmeckel lox, chopped herring, or other smoked fish
(whitefish/sturgeon). The bagel is the main event, not the filling...
when I was eating Brooklyn bagels hot from the oven I didn't want
anything in them, don't dare slice them. The bagel is the only bread
I know that once it's cold it's stale... and toasted bagels are an
abomination. Eating a cold bagel is the same as eating a soft boiled
egg cold, yik.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Thursday, September 1, 2016 at 8:29:53 PM UTC-7, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Sep 2016 08:18:46 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> > wrote:

> >> Yeah, their Asiago Cheese bagels I noticed are way too fluffy and airy to be considered a real bagel, but still yummy! Others of Panera's bagels are not quite as bad as this too. And better than NO bagels!

> >I can be ostracized for saying this. But I don't like "traditional" bagels. They are hockey pucks to me. I LIKE the big fluffy softer bagels like Panera. So sue me.

> You probably never ate a real bagel, they don't exist outside of NYC,
> and are best eaten less than an hour out of the oven. The bagels
> outside of NYC are indeed hocky pucks. There's no such thing as a
> "traditional" bagel, it's a NYC bagel or it's not a bagel.

We have a bagel shop here that makes NYC bagels. Same methodology. They are excellent NY bagels. Scroll through the pictures. The guys who own it are from New York.

http://www.bagelrybellingham.com/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-09-02 5:25 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
> On Thursday, September 1, 2016 at 8:29:53 PM UTC-7, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>
>> You probably never ate a real bagel, they don't exist outside of NYC,
>> and are best eaten less than an hour out of the oven. The bagels
>> outside of NYC are indeed hocky pucks. There's no such thing as a
>> "traditional" bagel, it's a NYC bagel or it's not a bagel.

> We have a bagel shop here that makes NYC bagels. Same methodology. They are excellent NY bagels. Scroll through the pictures. The guys who own it are from New York.
>
> http://www.bagelrybellingham.com/

I have never had a New York bagel, but I have had lots of Montreal
bagels, and they are great. We used to get them when visiting our son
when he lived there. Then he moved to Toronto and there was a Lebanese
bakery near his apartment that made bagels as good as the Montreal
style. The restaurant he managed had Montreal bagels with cream cheese
and lox on their menu and delivered bagels daily. He tried to get them
to switch to the place in Toronto because they were as good and would be
fresh.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 2 Sep 2016 14:25:43 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>On Thursday, September 1, 2016 at 8:29:53 PM UTC-7, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> On Thu, 1 Sep 2016 08:18:46 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
>> > wrote:

>> >I can be ostracized for saying this. But I don't like "traditional" bagels. They are hockey pucks to me. I LIKE the big fluffy softer bagels like Panera. So sue me.

>> You probably never ate a real bagel, they don't exist outside of NYC,
>> and are best eaten less than an hour out of the oven. The bagels
>> outside of NYC are indeed hocky pucks. There's no such thing as a
>> "traditional" bagel, it's a NYC bagel or it's not a bagel.

>We have a bagel shop here that makes NYC bagels. Same methodology. They are excellent NY bagels. Scroll through the pictures. The guys who own it are from New York.
>
>http://www.bagelrybellingham.com/

Doesn't say their location but matters not, machine formed are much
more like Lenders, those are not even close to a NYCITY bagel. And
the peeps working their look disgustingly filthy, thqt first creep in
the video with long hair everywhere and no hat or whites, blech! Those
are not bagel ovens, thodr str mofified pizza ovens. Real bagel oven
inject live steam, they are very expensive. Just the look of that
place makes me want to puke. And a real bagel bakery would not be
selling Boar's Head, no way no how... no sane human eats pork on a
bagel. I live 150 miles north of NYC, there are no real bagels here,
the only way I can have real bagels is for someone to bring them from
NYC, and still they are not wonderful because they are not warm from
the oven, but I'll settle if they bring me an assortment of smoked
fish from the Appy, chopped herring would be niverna.
http://shop.russanddaughters.com/sto...opped-Herring/
Yoose from elsewhere have no idea what's a NYC Appy... and not many
remain... not long ago there were thousands, now maybe as many as
fingers on one hand. When my NYC generation is gone no one on the
planet will know what good is. Ten years from now the TIADers will
think mystery meat fast food burgers are spectacular and they'll swoon
over Taco Bell tex mex.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, September 1, 2016 at 11:09:13 PM UTC-5, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Gary wrote:
> >
> >IMO, bagels make stupid sandwiches unless all ingredients are hard. Bite
> >into one and all the soft ingredients squeeze right out. Where's the fun
> >in that? A half bagel, open faced is ok though.

> Bagels are not intended for sandwiches, they're intended for a filling
> of no more than a schmear (cream cheese or butter) and a
> soupcon/schmeckel lox, chopped herring, or other smoked fish
> (whitefish/sturgeon). The bagel is the main event, not the filling...
> when I was eating Brooklyn bagels hot from the oven I didn't want
> anything in them, don't dare slice them. The bagel is the only bread
> I know that once it's cold it's stale... and toasted bagels are an
> abomination. Eating a cold bagel is the same as eating a soft boiled
> egg cold, yik.

Don't try and tell me now to eat MY food, OK?

Would you not like the same courtesy in return?

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, September 3, 2016 at 7:35:12 AM UTC-10, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Thursday, September 1, 2016 at 11:09:13 PM UTC-5, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> > Gary wrote:
> > >
> > >IMO, bagels make stupid sandwiches unless all ingredients are hard. Bite
> > >into one and all the soft ingredients squeeze right out. Where's the fun
> > >in that? A half bagel, open faced is ok though.

> > Bagels are not intended for sandwiches, they're intended for a filling
> > of no more than a schmear (cream cheese or butter) and a
> > soupcon/schmeckel lox, chopped herring, or other smoked fish
> > (whitefish/sturgeon). The bagel is the main event, not the filling...
> > when I was eating Brooklyn bagels hot from the oven I didn't want
> > anything in them, don't dare slice them. The bagel is the only bread
> > I know that once it's cold it's stale... and toasted bagels are an
> > abomination. Eating a cold bagel is the same as eating a soft boiled
> > egg cold, yik.

> Don't try and tell me now to eat MY food, OK?
>
> Would you not like the same courtesy in return?
>
> John Kuthe...

Some people just love to take all the fun out of eating a goddamn ham and cheese bagel!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, September 3, 2016 at 1:18:33 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> On Saturday, September 3, 2016 at 7:35:12 AM UTC-10, John Kuthe wrote:

> > > Bagels are not intended for sandwiches, they're intended for a filling
> > > of no more than a schmear (cream cheese or butter) and a
> > > soupcon/schmeckel lox, chopped herring, or other smoked fish
> > > (whitefish/sturgeon). The bagel is the main event, not the filling...
> > > when I was eating Brooklyn bagels hot from the oven I didn't want
> > > anything in them, don't dare slice them. The bagel is the only bread
> > > I know that once it's cold it's stale... and toasted bagels are an
> > > abomination. Eating a cold bagel is the same as eating a soft boiled
> > > egg cold, yik.

> > Don't try and tell me now to eat MY food, OK?
> >
> > Would you not like the same courtesy in return?
> >
> > John Kuthe...

> Some people just love to take all the fun out of eating a goddamn ham and cheese bagel!

Tastes damn yummy to me! Screw everyone else's opinions of MY FOOD!

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, September 3, 2016 at 8:25:51 AM UTC-10, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Saturday, September 3, 2016 at 1:18:33 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

> > > Don't try and tell me now to eat MY food, OK?
> > >
> > > Would you not like the same courtesy in return?
> > >
> > > John Kuthe...

> > Some people just love to take all the fun out of eating a goddamn ham and cheese bagel!

> Tastes damn yummy to me! Screw everyone else's opinions of MY FOOD!
>
> John Kuthe...

That sounds about right.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, September 3, 2016 at 3:05:58 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> On Saturday, September 3, 2016 at 8:25:51 AM UTC-10, John Kuthe wrote:

> > > Some people just love to take all the fun out of eating a goddamn ham and cheese bagel!

> > Tastes damn yummy to me! Screw everyone else's opinions of MY FOOD!
> >
> > John Kuthe...

> That sounds about right.

I REALLY spoiled myself tonight! Cinnamon Crunch Bagel with mayo and ham! YUM!!! Crunchy sugary topping stuff!

John Kuthe...