Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Meat for Pastys and the like

On Tue, 27 Sep 2016, tert in seattle wrote:

> barbie gee wrote:
>>

>> On Tue, 27 Sep 2016, tert in seattle wrote:

>>> I wonder how many people know without googling what the trend is for
>>> teen birth rates (all races) in the U.S.
>>>
>>> <http://www.hhs.gov/ash/oah/adolescent-health-topics/reproductive-health/teen-pregnancy/trends.html>
>>>
>>> make sure you scroll down to figure 1

>> without g8ogling, i seem to remember that for the first time, it's finally
>> dropping.

> BZZZTT!!

Figure 2 is pretty interesting, as well...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 28 Sep 2016 08:19:18 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>"Jeßus" wrote:
>>
>> Gary wrote:
>> > Threaten me or my family

>> Well, see? There you go... who's actually threatening you or your
>> family? Many of youse (thanks Sheldon) have this heightened sense of
>> fear and paranoia you don't see very often elsewhere.

>You're twisting my words. No one is threatening me and I'm not worried
>about it. Just saying that if it did come up, I would take it seriously
>and solve the problem.
>
>I'm sure you would do the same. Not a perceived threat but a real one.

A real one, sure. But you already had figured out where you'd dispose
of the body. I've been watching a lot of docos on serial killers
lately and you worry me
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 28 Sep 2016 08:19:55 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>"Jeßus" wrote:
>>
>> Gary wrote:
>> >Many of these criminals are pure evil.
>> >This is a fact of life...not all are nice people like us.
>> >People like this just need to die very quickly. Problem solved.

>> "As of October 2015, we have executed over 1,414 individuals in this
>> country since 1976.2 156 individuals have been exonerated from death
>> row--that is, found to be innocent and released - since 1973. 3 In
>> other words, for every 10 people who have been executed since the
>> death penalty was reinstated in the U.S., one person has been set
>> free" http://www.ncadp.org/pages/innocence
>>
>> "US death row study: 4% of defendants sentenced to die are innocent "
>> https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...dants-innocent

>Again, you are reading too much into what I say.
>I did say give them one chance, give them a second chance. Third time is
>strike 3 and your out - kill them.

Sorry if I missed your three strikes proposal.

>Innocent people don't get wrongly convicted 3 times for murder.

No, not very often Do you want them executed as punishment or just
to eliminate the expense of incarcerating them for life?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 2:19:43 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> "Jeßus" wrote:
> >
> > Gary wrote:
> > >Many of these criminals are pure evil.
> > >This is a fact of life...not all are nice people like us.
> > >People like this just need to die very quickly. Problem solved.

> > "As of October 2015, we have executed over 1,414 individuals in this
> > country since 1976.2 156 individuals have been exonerated from death
> > row--that is, found to be innocent and released - since 1973. 3 In
> > other words, for every 10 people who have been executed since the
> > death penalty was reinstated in the U.S., one person has been set
> > free" http://www.ncadp.org/pages/innocence
> >
> > "US death row study: 4% of defendants sentenced to die are innocent "
> > https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...dants-innocent

> Again, you are reading too much into what I say.
> I did say give them one chance, give them a second chance. Third time is
> strike 3 and your out - kill them.
>
> Innocent people don't get wrongly convicted 3 times for murder.

That's fairly savage. Are we not men? Perhaps we could send them to Mars and have them do the hard and dangerous work of colonizing the planet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLldaOVTZBk
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-09-28 4:25 PM, Je�us wrote:

>> Again, you are reading too much into what I say.
>> I did say give them one chance, give them a second chance. Third time is
>> strike 3 and your out - kill them.

> Sorry if I missed your three strikes proposal.
>
>> Innocent people don't get wrongly convicted 3 times for murder.

> No, not very often Do you want them executed as punishment or just
> to eliminate the expense of incarcerating them for life?

I find it difficult to feel compassion for someone who has been
convicted of murder even a second time.

Speaking of which... there was an interesting news report this week
about the trial of a man for assaulting a fellow inmate. The man has
been convicted of three murders. It seems he was motivated by his belief
that the man he attacked had framed him for two of those murders.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 28 Sep 2016 17:57:03 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2016-09-28 4:25 PM, Je?us wrote:
>

>>> Again, you are reading too much into what I say.
>>> I did say give them one chance, give them a second chance. Third time is
>>> strike 3 and your out - kill them.

>> Sorry if I missed your three strikes proposal.
>>
>>> Innocent people don't get wrongly convicted 3 times for murder.

>> No, not very often Do you want them executed as punishment or just
>> to eliminate the expense of incarcerating them for life?
>>

>I find it difficult to feel compassion for someone who has been
>convicted of murder even a second time.

Okay... make it two times only then. These kind of guys should have
joined the military and gone to the mid east where they can legally
carry out their hobby. And return home as heroes.

>Speaking of which... there was an interesting news report this week
>about the trial of a man for assaulting a fellow inmate. The man has
>been convicted of three murders. It seems he was motivated by his belief
>that the man he attacked had framed him for two of those murders.

Could be, it wouldn't be the first time something like that has
happened. There's plenty of genuinely innocent ppl in jail.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-09-28 5:11 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 2:19:43 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:

Innocent people don't get wrongly convicted 3 times for murder.

> That's fairly savage. Are we not men? Perhaps we could send them to
> Mars and have them do the hard and dangerous work of colonizing the
> planet.

The British used to "transport" their convicts. They sent them away.
They used to ship them to the American colonies. After the revolution
they could not do that anymore so...... Australia.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 12:07:12 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2016-09-28 5:11 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 2:19:43 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:

> Innocent people don't get wrongly convicted 3 times for murder.
> >
> > That's fairly savage. Are we not men? Perhaps we could send them to
> > Mars and have them do the hard and dangerous work of colonizing the
> > planet.
> >

> The British used to "transport" their convicts. They sent them away.
> They used to ship them to the American colonies. After the revolution
> they could not do that anymore so...... Australia.

Mars is the new Australia and old idea are new again.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

barbie gee wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Sep 2016, tert in seattle wrote:
>
>> barbie gee wrote:

>>> without g8ogling, i seem to remember that for the first time, it's finally
>>> dropping.

>> BZZZTT!!
>>

> Figure 2 is pretty interesting, as well...

indeed

funny how much that map resembles this one

http://stateofobesity.org/adult-obesity/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 28 Sep 2016 23:36:13 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> wrote:

>barbie gee wrote:

>>> BZZZTT!!
>>>

>> Figure 2 is pretty interesting, as well...

>indeed
>
>funny how much that map resembles this one
>
>http://stateofobesity.org/adult-obesity/

In Canada we're a little bit better but getting there! That's a
horrifying map.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/28/2016 6:07 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2016-09-28 5:11 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 2:19:43 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:

> Innocent people don't get wrongly convicted 3 times for murder.
>>
>> That's fairly savage. Are we not men? Perhaps we could send them to
>> Mars and have them do the hard and dangerous work of colonizing the
>> planet.
>>

> The British used to "transport" their convicts. They sent them away.
> They used to ship them to the American colonies. After the revolution
> they could not do that anymore so...... Australia.

That's pretty much how my family got to America. Except they weren't
murderers or even petty thieves. It was political. They were prisoners
of war, "transported" to the Colonies.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 28 Sep 2016, tert in seattle wrote:

> barbie gee wrote:

>>> BZZZTT!!
>>>

>> Figure 2 is pretty interesting, as well...

> indeed
>
> funny how much that map resembles this one
>
> http://stateofobesity.org/adult-obesity/

and we don't even want to tread on red vs. blue....
Posted to rec.food.cooking

barbie gee wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Sep 2016, tert in seattle wrote:
>
>> barbie gee wrote:

>>> Figure 2 is pretty interesting, as well...

>> indeed
>>
>> funny how much that map resembles this one
>>
>> http://stateofobesity.org/adult-obesity/
>>

> and we don't even want to tread on red vs. blue....

stupid is color blind

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>> >Do Texans still think Hanukkah is some sort of duck-call?

>> Isn't it some type of candy? No wait, a Chinese car brand?>>

>Reminds me of the E! episode when Anne Nicole Smith tries Halvah for the first time, and says: "Mmmm..what is this?" eh I bet there's mucho yokels on this forum who have never tried it. eh Hint: most NYers have tried it. Target even sells it now ala Joyvah. -D, "New York is the only real city-city" - TRUMAN CAPOTE..."You know, the more they knock New York, the bigger it gets!" - WILL ROGERS.."The basis of successful business is honesty; a business cannot thrive where the parties to it cannot trust each other. In the matter of numbers the
>Jew counts for little in the overwhelming population of New York; but that his honesty counts for much is guaranteed by the fact that the immense wholesale business houses of Broadway, from the Battery to Union Square, is substantially in his hands." - MARK TWAIN

I have nothing against Jews, but you're obsessed.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> >> Isn't it some type of candy? No wait, a Chinese car brand?>>

> >Reminds me of the E! episode when Anne Nicole Smith tries Halvah for the first time, and says: "Mmmm..what is this?" eh I bet there's mucho yokels on this forum who have never tried it. eh Hint: most NYers have tried it. Target even sells it now ala Joyvah. -D, "New York is the only real city-city" - TRUMAN CAPOTE..."You know, the more they knock New York, the bigger it gets!" - WILL ROGERS.."The basis of successful business is honesty; a business cannot thrive where the parties to it cannot trust each other. In the matter of numbers the
> >Jew counts for little in the overwhelming population of New York; but that his honesty counts for much is guaranteed by the fact that the immense wholesale business houses of Broadway, from the Battery to Union Square, is substantially in his hands." - MARK TWAIN>

> I have nothing against Jews, but you're obsessed.>>

Jewish New York is my shtick! eh -D, "Shmatta, Shmatta, Shmatta, I can't give it away on 7th Avenue" - ROLLING STONES.."In New York City, Jews took jobs that had never before been associated with Jewry. Police Commissioner Theodore
Roosevelt (yes, one and the same) encouraged "fighting Jews" in the 1890s to join his department - and, eventually, the city had hundreds of Jewish police
officers. To this day, Jewish cops have their own fraternal organization, the Shomrim Society, and New York's firefighters the Ner Tamid, the Brotherhood of Jewish Firefighters" - GOTTA EARN A DOLLAR: HOW THEY MADE A LIVING: JEWISH NY: NOTABLE NEIGHBORHOODS & MEMORABLE MOMENTS BY IRA WOLFMAN
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>> >Reminds me of the E! episode when Anne Nicole Smith tries Halvah for the first time, and says: "Mmmm..what is this?" eh I bet there's mucho yokels on this forum who have never tried it. eh Hint: most NYers have tried it. Target even sells it now ala Joyvah. -D, "New York is the only real city-city" - TRUMAN CAPOTE..."You know, the more they knock New York, the bigger it gets!" - WILL ROGERS.."The basis of successful business is honesty; a business cannot thrive where the parties to it cannot trust each other. In the matter of numbers the
>> >Jew counts for little in the overwhelming population of New York; but that his honesty counts for much is guaranteed by the fact that the immense wholesale business houses of Broadway, from the Battery to Union Square, is substantially in his hands." - MARK TWAIN>

>> I have nothing against Jews, but you're obsessed.>>

>Jewish New York is my shtick! eh -D, "Shmatta, Shmatta, Shmatta, I can't give it away on 7th Avenue" - ROLLING STONES.."In New York City, Jews took jobs that had never before been associated with Jewry. Police Commissioner Theodore
>Roosevelt (yes, one and the same) encouraged "fighting Jews" in the 1890s to join his department - and, eventually, the city had hundreds of Jewish police
>officers. To this day, Jewish cops have their own fraternal organization, the Shomrim Society, and New York's firefighters the Ner Tamid, the Brotherhood of Jewish Firefighters" - GOTTA EARN A DOLLAR: HOW THEY MADE A LIVING: JEWISH NY: NOTABLE NEIGHBORHOODS & MEMORABLE MOMENTS BY IRA WOLFMAN

Thanks for proving my point.