Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Meat for Pastys and the like

On Tuesday, August 30, 2016 at 9:20:48 PM UTC-4, graham wrote:

> Just as your house insurance payment doesn't cover the cost of replacing
> your house if it burns down.

Yes it does.

http://www.richardfisher.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, August 31, 2016 at 6:00:22 AM UTC-4, wrote:

> I realise that we are paying for it, but I prefer it this way. I
> distrust insurance companies completely so would not want my health
> care in their hands! I like the feeling that I could be ill but not
> bankrupt paying for it.

One of the major causes of bankruptcy in the US is medical bills.

http://www.richardfisher.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/31/2016 6:31 AM, Helpful person wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 30, 2016 at 9:20:48 PM UTC-4, graham wrote:
>
>> Just as your house insurance payment doesn't cover the cost of replacing
>> your house if it burns down.

> Yes it does.
>
> http://www.richardfisher.com

It depends what the definition of "cover" is. The normal definition
used in insurance matters: yes it does.

The other posters definition of "cover", i.e. your insurance premiums
are enough (in a single year, should the fire happen soon?) to pay for
the entire house: no. But nobody uses that definition.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>>Every civilised country should have free healthcare, public transport
>>>and beer. Few do.

>> Definitely free healthcare, that's a sacred cow in Canada and
>> politicians try to monkey with it at their peril, but I also feel
>> guaranteed pensions are good too. Seems now all the major
>> corporations are trying to do away with them, not fair, another way
>> the 1% see to grab more for themselves.

> I agree about health care, but...it's not free it paid for by taxes and
> fees.
>
> Cheri
> =======
>
> Of course, but all the years I was working I was paying in not only for
> myself but for everyone else to. Now those that come after me are paying
> for themselves and us too
>
> Nothing in life is free.

I think that goes without saying. Nothing is free, which was my point,
someone is paying for it.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/31/2016 7:39 AM, Taxed and Spent wrote:
> On 8/31/2016 6:31 AM, Helpful person wrote:
>> On Tuesday, August 30, 2016 at 9:20:48 PM UTC-4, graham wrote:
>>
>>> Just as your house insurance payment doesn't cover the cost of replacing
>>> your house if it burns down.

>> Yes it does.
>>
>> http://www.richardfisher.com
>>

> It depends what the definition of "cover" is. The normal definition
> used in insurance matters: yes it does.
>
> The other posters definition of "cover", i.e. your insurance premiums
> are enough (in a single year, should the fire happen soon?) to pay for
> the entire house: no. But nobody uses that definition.

My point was that the payout comes from all the pooled contributions,
NOT from a single annual premium. It was an analogy to the way our
healthcare system is financed.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Taxed and Spent" > wrote in message

> The other posters definition of "cover", i.e. your insurance premiums are
> enough (in a single year, should the fire happen soon?) to pay for the
> entire house: no. But nobody uses that definition.

People who are just looking to argue do.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 12:43:54 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

>In article >, says...

says...

wrote:

>> > Just as your house insurance payment doesn't cover the cost of replacing
>> > your house if it burns down.

>> Sorry, but it does, also the contents.

>You must be paying high insurance payments

Homeowner insurance is reasonably priced because when a house burns it
only covers the basic house and basic contents (not luxury items), and
not the land... the land doesn't burn. Home owners insurance does not
replace the house, they only give a check for their estimated value of
your old house. Homeowners insurance does not cover jewelry, artwork,
furs, collections, cameras, electronic equipment, musical instruments,
your grandmother's china/silver, etc., those are luxury items and
require separate riders. Often people have uninsured items in their
house that are worth more than the house. I suggest taking pictures
of all aspects of your house, including contents, save all receipts,
and store them in a vault. I also strongly suggest going over your
policy with your agent, for example if a women has a hundred pairs of
expensive shoes that would require a separate rider, and they still
won't be covered for the price paid, they will automatically be
assumed to have been worn so at most they'll fetch 10¢ on the dollar.
There are limits on contents and separate riders often cost more than
items are worth.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 14:11:20 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

>In article >,
>says...
>>
>> On 8/30/2016 7:43 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> > In article >,
says...

says...

wrote:

>> > You must be paying high insurance payments
>> >

>> What does your insurance cover?

>The point is that your payments don't cover the value of your house.
>That's not how insurance works. The payments for 30,000 insured houses
>cover the cost of one of them burning down,

That makes absolutely no sense, how much does a fire cost? Don't you
mean the cost of replacement?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 11:35:24 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

>In article >,
says...

>> On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 08:02:20 +1000, Bruce >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >In article >,
>> says...

>> >When you say 'pension' do you mean what everybody gets when they reach
>> >65 or 67 or so?

>> Yes, the pensions you work for, apart from the national pension. I
>> was talking to our mail man today, there is currently strife between
>> the post office management and the union, he's okay, he'll get his but
>> I understand that new people coming into the post office will have no
>> guarantees in future as to what their pensions will be. In other
>> words, big corps are trying to shed any responsibilities or guarantees
>> as to what the pension deductions will mean to young people when they
>> actually retire.
>>
>> All employees have Canada Pension deductions but I wouldn't want to
>> have to exist on simply that alone.

>Big corporations have the mentality of psychopaths. They'll do anything
>to make more money.

So are you advocating getting rid of all the large corporations and
everyone go back to life as it was 500 years ago... you of no talent
would be chattel.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 03:26:00 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

wrote:

>> >Every civilised country should have free healthcare, public transport
>> >and beer. Few do.

>> Definitely free healthcare, that's a sacred cow in Canada and
>> politicians try to monkey with it at their peril, but I also feel
>> guaranteed pensions are good too. Seems now all the major
>> corporations are trying to do away with them, not fair, another way
>> the 1% see to grab more for themselves.

>How would small companies (I work for one with fewer than 50 employees)
>manage defined-benefit pensions? We've got a 401K, but they stopped
>matching funds about 25 years ago so all I've got is what I put in
>(and market returns, of course). My husband does better; he's worked
>for somewhat larger companies and he's always had a 2% - 4% match.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

But you contributed which was smart, same as putting money in the bank
and with the employer subsidizing your growth interest, however most
would not contribute so would lose that benefit at retirement, plus
they lose the present tax benefit. My employer matched 6% so I always
contributed the maximum allowed... by never seeing that money I didn't
miss it. Upon retirement I receive a very nice monthly pension that
varies with the funds invested, never varies very much. I'm looking
at the confirmation of annuity income right now because it's
automatically deposited into my bank checking acct, so each month I
phone to have it transfered if need be to Money Market. This month I
received $3,553.51... I mostly live on SS plus one or two pension
checks.
The nincompoops who detest corporations won't get a pension because
there'll be nothing to invest in... they'll invest in illegal drugs.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/31/2016 6:56 AM, graham wrote:
> On 8/31/2016 7:39 AM, Taxed and Spent wrote:

>>> Yes it does.
>>>
>>> http://www.richardfisher.com
>>>

>> It depends what the definition of "cover" is. The normal definition
>> used in insurance matters: yes it does.
>>
>> The other posters definition of "cover", i.e. your insurance premiums
>> are enough (in a single year, should the fire happen soon?) to pay for
>> the entire house: no. But nobody uses that definition.

> My point was that the payout comes from all the pooled contributions,
> NOT from a single annual premium. It was an analogy to the way our
> healthcare system is financed.

A better analogy would be to change home insurance to cover maintenance
items, not catastrophes. That is what our health "insurance" works. It
is not really insurance at all.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/31/2016 6:59 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 12:43:54 +1000, Bruce >
> wrote:

says...

wrote:

>>> Sorry, but it does, also the contents.

>> You must be paying high insurance payments

> Homeowner insurance is reasonably priced because when a house burns it
> only covers the basic house and basic contents (not luxury items), and
> not the land... the land doesn't burn. Home owners insurance does not
> replace the house, they only give a check for their estimated value of
> your old house.

that depends on your coverage. some provide replacement cost.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>>Every civilised country should have free healthcare, public transport
>>>and beer. Few do.

>> Definitely free healthcare, that's a sacred cow in Canada and
>> politicians try to monkey with it at their peril, but I also feel
>> guaranteed pensions are good too. Seems now all the major
>> corporations are trying to do away with them, not fair, another way
>> the 1% see to grab more for themselves.

> I agree about health care, but...it's not free it paid for by taxes and
> fees.
>
> Cheri
> =======
>
> Of course, but all the years I was working I was paying in not only for
> myself but for everyone else to. Now those that come after me are paying
> for themselves and us too
>
> Nothing in life is free.

I think that goes without saying. Nothing is free, which was my point,
someone is paying for it.

Cheri
===========

So I take my free care and meds as a right now which is what I was meaning.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 16:27:45 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

> "Cheri" wrote in message ...
>

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
> >
> > Nothing in life is free.

> I think that goes without saying. Nothing is free, which was my point,
> someone is paying for it.
>
> Cheri
> ===========
>
> So I take my free care and meds as a right now which is what I was meaning.

Single payer is long overdue here.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/31/2016 8:44 AM, sf wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 16:27:45 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
>> "Cheri" wrote in message ...
>>

>> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Nothing in life is free.

>> I think that goes without saying. Nothing is free, which was my point,
>> someone is paying for it.
>>
>> Cheri
>> ===========
>>
>> So I take my free care and meds as a right now which is what I was meaning.

> Single payer is long overdue here.

you can keep your single payer (i.e. rationed) health care. If I want
to pay for more, I will pay for more.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cajun/Creole (WAS: Meat for Pastys and the like)

On 2016-08-31, jmcquown > wrote:

> Justin Wilson. He was funny!

I "gar-own-tee!

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/31/2016 8:44 AM, sf wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 16:27:45 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
>> "Cheri" wrote in message ...
>>

>> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Nothing in life is free.

>> I think that goes without saying. Nothing is free, which was my point,
>> someone is paying for it.
>>
>> Cheri
>> ===========
>>
>> So I take my free care and meds as a right now which is what I was
>> meaning.

> Single payer is long overdue here.

you can keep your single payer (i.e. rationed) health care. If I want
to pay for more, I will pay for more.

=============

We can pay for private health care if we wish. We had it for years when it
was a perk of our employment.

The NHS was always there for us to use though.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, gravesend10
@verizon.net says...

> On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 14:11:20 +1000, Bruce >
> wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> >says...

says...

says...

wrote:

> >> What does your insurance cover?

> >The point is that your payments don't cover the value of your house.
> >That's not how insurance works. The payments for 30,000 insured houses
> >cover the cost of one of them burning down,

> That makes absolutely no sense, how much does a fire cost? Don't you
> mean the cost of replacement?

Lol, y'all don't get it, but that's alright. Go play with Cheri.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 08:55:56 -0700, Taxed and Spent
> wrote:

> On 8/31/2016 8:44 AM, sf wrote:
> > On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 16:27:45 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> > wrote:

> >> I think that goes without saying. Nothing is free, which was my point,
> >> someone is paying for it.
> >>
> >> Cheri
> >> ===========
> >>
> >> So I take my free care and meds as a right now which is what I was meaning.

> > Single payer is long overdue here.
> >

> you can keep your single payer (i.e. rationed) health care. If I want
> to pay for more, I will pay for more.

Don't kid yourself. Private health insurance is rationed and you're
paying for emergency room visits for the uninsured, via taxes. Sounds
like you've never had a health issue or accident. If they can afford
insurance at all, people like you tend to buy bargain basement and
then complain vociferously when their insurance limits medication and
procedures. When we have Single Payer, insurance companies will still
be there and happily take your money if you decide you want Platinum
insurance. If you don't, then single payer will be fine.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 07:54:59 -0700, Taxed and Spent
> wrote:

>On 8/31/2016 6:59 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 12:43:54 +1000, Bruce >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> In article >, says...

says...

wrote:

>>> You must be paying high insurance payments

>> Homeowner insurance is reasonably priced because when a house burns it
>> only covers the basic house and basic contents (not luxury items), and
>> not the land... the land doesn't burn. Home owners insurance does not
>> replace the house, they only give a check for their estimated value of
>> your old house.

>that depends on your coverage. some provide replacement cost.

Replaced with what... the value of another old poorly maintained house
of similar square footage is the usual. Insurance companies use info
for pay out on homeowner ins. similar to the Kelly Blue Book for
automobiles. The same as with automobiles insurance companies do not
replace anything, they issue a check for their assessed valuation and
it's up to the insured to do the replacing. The insured has no idea
what the replacement value of their house is because the land is not
replaced. The good part is that most homeowner ins. pays to clean up
the burned trash and they will set up a modestly furnished trailer on
the insured's property for temporary living (usually up to six months)
while house construction is in progress to the point it's habitable.
There are no windfalls issued by ins companies.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/31/2016 10:39 AM, sf wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 08:55:56 -0700, Taxed and Spent
> > wrote:
>
>> On 8/31/2016 8:44 AM, sf wrote:

>>> Single payer is long overdue here.
>>>

>> you can keep your single payer (i.e. rationed) health care. If I want
>> to pay for more, I will pay for more.

> Don't kid yourself. Private health insurance is rationed and you're
> paying for emergency room visits for the uninsured, via taxes. Sounds
> like you've never had a health issue or accident. If they can afford
> insurance at all, people like you tend to buy bargain basement and
> then complain vociferously when their insurance limits medication and
> procedures. When we have Single Payer, insurance companies will still
> be there and happily take your money if you decide you want Platinum
> insurance. If you don't, then single payer will be fine.

Here is the experience of a US doctor visiting the UK:
http://tiny.cc/a1jiey
Graham
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Definitely free healthcare, that's a sacred cow in Canada and
>>> politicians try to monkey with it at their peril, but I also feel
>>> guaranteed pensions are good too. Seems now all the major
>>> corporations are trying to do away with them, not fair, another way
>>> the 1% see to grab more for themselves.

>> I agree about health care, but...it's not free it paid for by taxes and
>> fees.
>>
>> Cheri
>> =======
>>
>> Of course, but all the years I was working I was paying in not only for
>> myself but for everyone else to. Now those that come after me are paying
>> for themselves and us too
>>
>> Nothing in life is free.

> I think that goes without saying. Nothing is free, which was my point,
> someone is paying for it.
>
> Cheri
> ===========
>
> So I take my free care and meds as a right now which is what I was
> meaning.

Yes, very much like I take our *free* K-12 schools as a right for every
child.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 16:27:45 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
>> "Cheri" wrote in message ...
>>

>> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > Nothing in life is free.

>> I think that goes without saying. Nothing is free, which was my point,
>> someone is paying for it.
>>
>> Cheri
>> ===========
>>
>> So I take my free care and meds as a right now which is what I was
>> meaning.

> Single payer is long overdue here.

For sure.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 12:59:26 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Cheri" wrote in message ...

.. .

wrote:

>>>Every civilised country should have free healthcare, public transport
>>>and beer. Few do.

>> Definitely free healthcare, that's a sacred cow in Canada and
>> politicians try to monkey with it at their peril, but I also feel
>> guaranteed pensions are good too. Seems now all the major
>> corporations are trying to do away with them, not fair, another way
>> the 1% see to grab more for themselves.

>I agree about health care, but...it's not free it paid for by taxes and
>fees.
>
>Cheri
>=======
>
>Of course, but all the years I was working I was paying in not only for
>myself but for everyone else to. Now those that come after me are paying
>for themselves and us too
>
>Nothing in life is free.

But I think not having to pay for service where health is concerned is
great.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 12:59:26 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
>>"Cheri" wrote in message ...

. ..

wrote:

>>> Definitely free healthcare, that's a sacred cow in Canada and
>>> politicians try to monkey with it at their peril, but I also feel
>>> guaranteed pensions are good too. Seems now all the major
>>> corporations are trying to do away with them, not fair, another way
>>> the 1% see to grab more for themselves.

>>I agree about health care, but...it's not free it paid for by taxes and
>>fees.
>>
>>Cheri
>>=======
>>
>>Of course, but all the years I was working I was paying in not only for
>>myself but for everyone else to. Now those that come after me are paying
>>for themselves and us too
>>
>>Nothing in life is free.

> But I think not having to pay for service where health is concerned is
> great.

So do I. I wish our taxes included it as well.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/31/2016 9:39 AM, sf wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 08:55:56 -0700, Taxed and Spent
> > wrote:
>
>> On 8/31/2016 8:44 AM, sf wrote:

>>> Single payer is long overdue here.
>>>

>> you can keep your single payer (i.e. rationed) health care. If I want
>> to pay for more, I will pay for more.

> Don't kid yourself. Private health insurance is rationed and you're
> paying for emergency room visits for the uninsured, via taxes. Sounds
> like you've never had a health issue or accident. If they can afford
> insurance at all, people like you tend to buy bargain basement and
> then complain vociferously when their insurance limits medication and
> procedures. When we have Single Payer, insurance companies will still
> be there and happily take your money if you decide you want Platinum
> insurance. If you don't, then single payer will be fine.

you call it single payer, and then you cite multiple payers.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/31/2016 9:42 AM, graham wrote:
> On 8/31/2016 10:39 AM, sf wrote:
>> On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 08:55:56 -0700, Taxed and Spent
>> > wrote:

>>> you can keep your single payer (i.e. rationed) health care. If I want
>>> to pay for more, I will pay for more.

>> Don't kid yourself. Private health insurance is rationed and you're
>> paying for emergency room visits for the uninsured, via taxes. Sounds
>> like you've never had a health issue or accident. If they can afford
>> insurance at all, people like you tend to buy bargain basement and
>> then complain vociferously when their insurance limits medication and
>> procedures. When we have Single Payer, insurance companies will still
>> be there and happily take your money if you decide you want Platinum
>> insurance. If you don't, then single payer will be fine.
>>

> Here is the experience of a US doctor visiting the UK:
> http://tiny.cc/a1jiey
> Graham

That story is totally bogus. If he WAS from the US, he would have first
found a lawyer to sue for those damn hazardous cobble stones!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 10:01:53 -0700, Taxed and Spent
> wrote:

>On 8/31/2016 9:42 AM, graham wrote:
>> On 8/31/2016 10:39 AM, sf wrote:
>>> On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 08:55:56 -0700, Taxed and Spent

>>> Don't kid yourself. Private health insurance is rationed and you're
>>> paying for emergency room visits for the uninsured, via taxes. Sounds
>>> like you've never had a health issue or accident. If they can afford
>>> insurance at all, people like you tend to buy bargain basement and
>>> then complain vociferously when their insurance limits medication and
>>> procedures. When we have Single Payer, insurance companies will still
>>> be there and happily take your money if you decide you want Platinum
>>> insurance. If you don't, then single payer will be fine.
>>>

>> Here is the experience of a US doctor visiting the UK:
>> http://tiny.cc/a1jiey
>> Graham

>That story is totally bogus. If he WAS from the US, he would have first
>found a lawyer to sue for those damn hazardous cobble stones!

Doesn't it take brains to know you should not walk on cobbles in high
heels??
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> HINT: None of that stuff is free.

>> I realise that we are paying for it, but I prefer it this way. I
>> distrust insurance companies completely so would not want my health
>> care in their hands! I like the feeling that I could be ill but not
>> bankrupt paying for it.
>>

>We have insurance. We pay a premium instead of taxes. My wife was in
>the hospital overnight for a procedure. The billed cost was a bit over
>$200,000. Our total cost was $0. The actual paid was $35,000 though.
>
>We could get cheaper insurance with deductibles and copay but choose not
>to.

I am sure I have mentioned it before but my cousin and husband were
living in San Francisco. She found a lump in her breast, went to the
doctor and he said, we'll check it again next month and see if there
is any growth.

She flew back to the UK that night, saw her doc at home and two days
later had a mastectomy. When back in SF she asked her doctor what
made him say 'wait a month' when there is so much talk of early
detection. He said that was what the insurance company want them to
do. She was disgusted and told him she had come to see him as a
doctor, not some insurance clerk.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote:

> That was my point, nothing is free, but at least you get something really
> great for your taxes.
>
> Cheri

the United States spent $597 billion (or so) for defense in 2016

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Definitely free healthcare, that's a sacred cow in Canada and
>>> politicians try to monkey with it at their peril, but I also feel
>>> guaranteed pensions are good too. Seems now all the major
>>> corporations are trying to do away with them, not fair, another way
>>> the 1% see to grab more for themselves.

>> I agree about health care, but...it's not free it paid for by taxes and
>> fees.
>>
>> Cheri
>> =======
>>
>> Of course, but all the years I was working I was paying in not only for
>> myself but for everyone else to. Now those that come after me are paying
>> for themselves and us too
>>
>> Nothing in life is free.

> I think that goes without saying. Nothing is free, which was my point,
> someone is paying for it.
>
> Cheri
> ===========
>
> So I take my free care and meds as a right now which is what I was
> meaning.

Yes, very much like I take our *free* K-12 schools as a right for every
child.

Cheri

===========

OK, I don't know what that is though

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, August 31, 2016 at 2:50:04 PM UTC-4, tert in seattle wrote:
> Cheri wrote:
>
> > That was my point, nothing is free, but at least you get something really
> > great for your taxes.
> >
> > Cheri

> the United States spent $597 billion (or so) for defense in 2016

And about $1 trillion on Medicare and Medicaid (in 2014). Total
health care spending was $3 trillion.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> I agree about health care, but...it's not free it paid for by taxes and
>>> fees.
>>>
>>> Cheri
>>> =======
>>>
>>> Of course, but all the years I was working I was paying in not only for
>>> myself but for everyone else to. Now those that come after me are
>>> paying
>>> for themselves and us too
>>>
>>> Nothing in life is free.

>> I think that goes without saying. Nothing is free, which was my point,
>> someone is paying for it.
>>
>> Cheri
>> ===========
>>
>> So I take my free care and meds as a right now which is what I was
>> meaning.

> Yes, very much like I take our *free* K-12 schools as a right for every
> child.
>
> Cheri
>
> ===========
>
> OK, I don't know what that is though

Public schools, kindergarten through 12th grade graduation.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> I agree about health care, but...it's not free it paid for by taxes and
>>> fees.
>>>
>>> Cheri
>>> =======
>>>
>>> Of course, but all the years I was working I was paying in not only for
>>> myself but for everyone else to. Now those that come after me are
>>> paying
>>> for themselves and us too
>>>
>>> Nothing in life is free.

>> I think that goes without saying. Nothing is free, which was my point,
>> someone is paying for it.
>>
>> Cheri
>> ===========
>>
>> So I take my free care and meds as a right now which is what I was
>> meaning.

> Yes, very much like I take our *free* K-12 schools as a right for every
> child.
>
> Cheri
>
> ===========
>
> OK, I don't know what that is though

Public schools, kindergarten through 12th grade graduation.

Cheri
======

Thank you!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/31/2016 1:05 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 31, 2016 at 2:50:04 PM UTC-4, tert in seattle wrote:
>> Cheri wrote:
>>
>>> That was my point, nothing is free, but at least you get something really
>>> great for your taxes.
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> the United States spent $597 billion (or so) for defense in 2016

> And about $1 trillion on Medicare and Medicaid (in 2014). Total
> health care spending was $3 trillion.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Far more on a per capita basis than just about every other civilised
country.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 10:00:30 -0700, Taxed and Spent
> wrote:

> On 8/31/2016 9:39 AM, sf wrote:
> > On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 08:55:56 -0700, Taxed and Spent
> > > wrote:

> >> you can keep your single payer (i.e. rationed) health care. If I want
> >> to pay for more, I will pay for more.

> > Don't kid yourself. Private health insurance is rationed and you're
> > paying for emergency room visits for the uninsured, via taxes. Sounds
> > like you've never had a health issue or accident. If they can afford
> > insurance at all, people like you tend to buy bargain basement and
> > then complain vociferously when their insurance limits medication and
> > procedures. When we have Single Payer, insurance companies will still
> > be there and happily take your money if you decide you want Platinum
> > insurance. If you don't, then single payer will be fine.
> >

> you call it single payer, and then you cite multiple payers.

Everyone has one basic, gov't provided health insurance. Anything
fancier, you get to pay for. There. That wasn't too hard for you to
understand.