Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default No tipping policies

I have never seen an intercom or mic/speaker on a gas pump. The only
thing I see is the "help" button on the screen asking how you are going
to pay.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 4:45:56 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:
> "Cheri" wrote in message ...
>

> "Gary" > wrote in message ...
> > Brooklyn1 wrote:
> >>
> >> I often use the drive thru at the pharmacy and at the bank, there's no
> >> tipping expected.

> > You have a drive thru pharmacy? Really. I've never heard of that.

> Right next door to me, Walgreen's drive through pharmacy open 24 hours.
>
> Cheri
> ----------
> I've never heard of a drive through pharmacy or bank for that matter

Drive-through banking was started in 1928 in the US, in 1959 in the UK.
Perhaps it doesn't have as thorough market penetration in the UK, since
we are IMHO unrivaled as a car culture.

Drive-through pharmacy in the US in 1951 (or earlier).

There are drive-through funeral homes.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

On Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 4:45:56 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:
> "Cheri" wrote in message ...
>

> "Gary" > wrote in message
> > Brooklyn1 wrote:
> >>
> >> I often use the drive thru at the pharmacy and at the bank, there's no
> >> tipping expected.

> > You have a drive thru pharmacy? Really. I've never heard of that.

> Right next door to me, Walgreen's drive through pharmacy open 24 hours.
>
> Cheri
> ----------
> I've never heard of a drive through pharmacy or bank for that matter

Drive-through banking was started in 1928 in the US, in 1959 in the UK.
Perhaps it doesn't have as thorough market penetration in the UK, since
we are IMHO unrivaled as a car culture.

Drive-through pharmacy in the US in 1951 (or earlier).

There are drive-through funeral homes.

Cindy Hamilton

----------------------------

Err my mind is running riot here, please define the 'drive-through funeral
homes'

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/20/2016 8:46 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 4:45:56 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:
>> "Cheri" wrote in message ...

>>> You have a drive thru pharmacy? Really. I've never heard of that.

>> Right next door to me, Walgreen's drive through pharmacy open 24 hours.
>>
>> Cheri
>> ----------
>> I've never heard of a drive through pharmacy or bank for that matter

> Drive-through banking was started in 1928 in the US, in 1959 in the UK.
> Perhaps it doesn't have as thorough market penetration in the UK, since
> we are IMHO unrivaled as a car culture.
>
> Drive-through pharmacy in the US in 1951 (or earlier).
>
> There are drive-through funeral homes.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

There are drive-thru wedding chapels, too, if you happen to be in a
place like Las Vegas.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 Aug 2016 05:46:29 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 4:45:56 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:
>> "Cheri" wrote in message ...

>> > You have a drive thru pharmacy? Really. I've never heard of that.

>> Right next door to me, Walgreen's drive through pharmacy open 24 hours.
>>
>> Cheri
>> ----------
>> I've never heard of a drive through pharmacy or bank for that matter

>Drive-through banking was started in 1928 in the US, in 1959 in the UK.
>Perhaps it doesn't have as thorough market penetration in the UK, since
>we are IMHO unrivaled as a car culture.
>
>Drive-through pharmacy in the US in 1951 (or earlier).
>
>There are drive-through funeral homes.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Who is driving through ? The body ? We have drive through ATMs
which can seem very attractive on a very cold day
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-08-20 7:29 AM, wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 22:01:30 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:

>>> Yeah, I've been pumping my own gasoline since the 1970's in a big metro
>>> area, and I have never yet once seen an attendant from inside the gas
>>> station "booth" or the gas station mini-mart ever pumping gas for anyone.
>>>
>>> So, either disabled people and I have never crossed paths at the gas
>>> station, or maybe they make other arrangements, or, I just don't know...
>>>
>>> As far as I know, the intercoms are exactly to use if you're having
>>> trouble at the pump, but I've never had anyone come out to help in any
>>> instance, nor have I ever seen anyone come out to help anyone else, either.

>> It's refreshing to see that I am not the only one living in the real world.

> If you call the real world a place where people would ignore and make
> things even more difficult for a person with disadvantages, good luck
> with that, I'm sure it suits you well !

It is my real world where I can't recall ever seeing someone so disabled
that need to get help at a self service gas bar. I do know there are
people who go to full service stations because they do not like to pump
gas for one reason or another. You keep carrying on as if it is quite
common in your world.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/20/2016 8:53 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> There are drive-through funeral homes.
>
> Cindy Hamilton
>
> ----------------------------
>
> Err my mind is running riot here, please define the 'drive-through
> funeral homes'

Casket is in a window and you can drive up and pay your respects. The
good news is, there are only a few in existence.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" > wrote in message
> On Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 4:45:56 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:
>> "Cheri" wrote in message ...

>> > You have a drive thru pharmacy? Really. I've never heard of that.

>> Right next door to me, Walgreen's drive through pharmacy open 24 hours.
>>
>> Cheri
>> ----------
>> I've never heard of a drive through pharmacy or bank for that matter

> Drive-through banking was started in 1928 in the US, in 1959 in the UK.
> Perhaps it doesn't have as thorough market penetration in the UK, since
> we are IMHO unrivaled as a car culture.
>
> Drive-through pharmacy in the US in 1951 (or earlier).
>
> There are drive-through funeral homes.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

And wedding chapels.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 8/20/2016 8:46 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 4:45:56 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:

>>> Right next door to me, Walgreen's drive through pharmacy open 24 hours.
>>>
>>> Cheri
>>> ----------
>>> I've never heard of a drive through pharmacy or bank for that matter

>> Drive-through banking was started in 1928 in the US, in 1959 in the UK.
>> Perhaps it doesn't have as thorough market penetration in the UK, since
>> we are IMHO unrivaled as a car culture.
>>
>> Drive-through pharmacy in the US in 1951 (or earlier).
>>
>> There are drive-through funeral homes.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

> There are drive-thru wedding chapels, too, if you happen to be in a place
> like Las Vegas.
>
> Jill

Should have read ahead.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/20/2016 9:24 AM, Cheri wrote:

> "Bruce" > wrote in message
> T...

>> That's because of all that popcorn that they sell.

> I don't care for Walgreen's to shop at, but it definitely doesn't smell
> "slightly bad." The store is very clean.
>
> Cheri

Bruce is blethering again. They don't sell cooked popcorn so why would
it smell like popcorn?

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

On 8/20/2016 8:53 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> There are drive-through funeral homes.
>
> Cindy Hamilton
>
> ----------------------------
>
> Err my mind is running riot here, please define the 'drive-through
> funeral homes'

Casket is in a window and you can drive up and pay your respects. The
good news is, there are only a few in existence.

--------------------

Good grief!!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message ...

"Cindy Hamilton" > wrote in message
> On Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 4:45:56 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:
>> "Cheri" wrote in message ...

>> > You have a drive thru pharmacy? Really. I've never heard of that.

>> Right next door to me, Walgreen's drive through pharmacy open 24 hours.
>>
>> Cheri
>> ----------
>> I've never heard of a drive through pharmacy or bank for that matter

> Drive-through banking was started in 1928 in the US, in 1959 in the UK.
> Perhaps it doesn't have as thorough market penetration in the UK, since
> we are IMHO unrivaled as a car culture.
>
> Drive-through pharmacy in the US in 1951 (or earlier).
>
> There are drive-through funeral homes.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

And wedding chapels.

Cheri

---------------------

LOL you get in your car ... drive though and when you get to the other side
you are married?????

Please tell me ...

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 8:53:37 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:
> "Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 4:45:56 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:
> > "Cheri" wrote in message ...

> > > You have a drive thru pharmacy? Really. I've never heard of that.

> > Right next door to me, Walgreen's drive through pharmacy open 24 hours.
> >
> > Cheri
> > ----------
> > I've never heard of a drive through pharmacy or bank for that matter

> Drive-through banking was started in 1928 in the US, in 1959 in the UK.
> Perhaps it doesn't have as thorough market penetration in the UK, since
> we are IMHO unrivaled as a car culture.
>
> Drive-through pharmacy in the US in 1951 (or earlier).
>
> There are drive-through funeral homes.
>
> Cindy Hamilton
>
> ----------------------------
>
> Err my mind is running riot here, please define the 'drive-through funeral
> homes'

The deceased is placed adjacent to the drive-through window, and mourners
can view the body without leaving their car.

The "viewing" is more typically conducted in a room in the funeral home,
where the body is displayed in the coffin, and mourners can approach and
do whatever it is that people get out of it. Emotionally verify that the
person is dead (closure), talk to the body, leave mementos in the coffin,
etc. The family is on hand to receive condolences. It's almost certainly
and offshoot of the wake, although it's now considered undesirable to
have a dead body in the parlor.

When my mother's cousin died about 30 years ago, she was available for
viewing for several days. I can't recall when or where the funeral
itself was held, as I didn't attend.

When my father-in-law died a couple of months ago, he was available for
viewing for a couple of hours in a side chapel at the church, immediately
followed by the funeral Mass in the sanctuary.

My family doesn't have anything, really, in the way of funerary rites.
Both my grandfather and grandmother were immediately cremated without
any sort of memorial or service. Their ashes reside in some sort of
vessels which I believe are housed in my mother's linen closet. When
my mother goes, I'll dispose of everybody's ashes simultaneously.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 Aug 2016 09:11:39 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>> If you call the real world a place where people would ignore and make
>> things even more difficult for a person with disadvantages, good luck
>> with that, I'm sure it suits you well !
>>

>It is my real world where I can't recall ever seeing someone so disabled
>that need to get help at a self service gas bar. I do know there are
>people who go to full service stations because they do not like to pump
>gas for one reason or another. You keep carrying on as if it is quite
>common in your world.

Could it be you are so self centred that you just don't happen to
notice people with severe disabilities ? When disabled myself after a
knee op and having to use a walker, I was amazed at how kindly people
were to me, holding doors etc and making my passage easier. Perhaps
because we supply a lot of the military we do more commonly see badly
disabled vets.

Anyway, I'm through with all this - have the last word - to me I feel
a disadvantaged person deserves consideration, I'm quite happy to go
the extra to make sure they can be as independent as possible. I am
heartily glad NS is more kindly than Ontario, figures!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 Aug 2016 07:41:53 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 8:53:37 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:
>> "Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
>>
>> On Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 4:45:56 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:

>> > Right next door to me, Walgreen's drive through pharmacy open 24 hours.
>> >
>> > Cheri
>> > ----------
>> > I've never heard of a drive through pharmacy or bank for that matter

>> Drive-through banking was started in 1928 in the US, in 1959 in the UK.
>> Perhaps it doesn't have as thorough market penetration in the UK, since
>> we are IMHO unrivaled as a car culture.
>>
>> Drive-through pharmacy in the US in 1951 (or earlier).
>>
>> There are drive-through funeral homes.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>
>> ----------------------------
>>
>> Err my mind is running riot here, please define the 'drive-through funeral
>> homes'

>The deceased is placed adjacent to the drive-through window, and mourners
>can view the body without leaving their car.
>
>The "viewing" is more typically conducted in a room in the funeral home,
>where the body is displayed in the coffin, and mourners can approach and
>do whatever it is that people get out of it. Emotionally verify that the
>person is dead (closure), talk to the body, leave mementos in the coffin,
>etc. The family is on hand to receive condolences. It's almost certainly
>and offshoot of the wake, although it's now considered undesirable to
>have a dead body in the parlor.
>
>When my mother's cousin died about 30 years ago, she was available for
>viewing for several days. I can't recall when or where the funeral
>itself was held, as I didn't attend.
>
>When my father-in-law died a couple of months ago, he was available for
>viewing for a couple of hours in a side chapel at the church, immediately
>followed by the funeral Mass in the sanctuary.
>
>My family doesn't have anything, really, in the way of funerary rites.
>Both my grandfather and grandmother were immediately cremated without
>any sort of memorial or service. Their ashes reside in some sort of
>vessels which I believe are housed in my mother's linen closet. When
>my mother goes, I'll dispose of everybody's ashes simultaneously.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Yes, we go for cremation immediately. My first experience this side
of the Pond was a neighbour. We dutifully went to the funeral parlour
and when she took us up to the coffin - er casket - there was poor
George lying there amidst all this satin, totally alien to his
personality. To my horror his widow went over to him and asked me "Do
you think he looks better with or without his glasses?" and whipped
them off his face
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

On Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 8:53:37 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:
> "Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 4:45:56 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:
> > "Cheri" wrote in message ...

> > > You have a drive thru pharmacy? Really. I've never heard of that.

> > Right next door to me, Walgreen's drive through pharmacy open 24 hours.
> >
> > Cheri
> > ----------
> > I've never heard of a drive through pharmacy or bank for that matter

> Drive-through banking was started in 1928 in the US, in 1959 in the UK.
> Perhaps it doesn't have as thorough market penetration in the UK, since
> we are IMHO unrivaled as a car culture.
>
> Drive-through pharmacy in the US in 1951 (or earlier).
>
> There are drive-through funeral homes.
>
> Cindy Hamilton
>
> ----------------------------
>
> Err my mind is running riot here, please define the 'drive-through funeral
> homes'

The deceased is placed adjacent to the drive-through window, and mourners
can view the body without leaving their car.

The "viewing" is more typically conducted in a room in the funeral home,
where the body is displayed in the coffin, and mourners can approach and
do whatever it is that people get out of it. Emotionally verify that the
person is dead (closure), talk to the body, leave mementos in the coffin,
etc. The family is on hand to receive condolences. It's almost certainly
and offshoot of the wake, although it's now considered undesirable to
have a dead body in the parlor.

When my mother's cousin died about 30 years ago, she was available for
viewing for several days. I can't recall when or where the funeral
itself was held, as I didn't attend.

When my father-in-law died a couple of months ago, he was available for
viewing for a couple of hours in a side chapel at the church, immediately
followed by the funeral Mass in the sanctuary.

My family doesn't have anything, really, in the way of funerary rites.
Both my grandfather and grandmother were immediately cremated without
any sort of memorial or service. Their ashes reside in some sort of
vessels which I believe are housed in my mother's linen closet. When
my mother goes, I'll dispose of everybody's ashes simultaneously.

Cindy Hamilton

------------------

Thanks. When I was a child the departed were always displayed in their
coffins in the families front room. The room was full of flowers and I
remember as a very small child being taken in to see my Grandfather. I saw
many relatives like that as I was growing up.

I don't hear of that now. All the ones I know about are in a special room
at the undertakers for viewing.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 10:51:34 AM UTC-4, wrote:

> Yes, we go for cremation immediately. My first experience this side
> of the Pond was a neighbour. We dutifully went to the funeral parlour
> and when she took us up to the coffin - er casket - there was poor
> George lying there amidst all this satin, totally alien to his
> personality. To my horror his widow went over to him and asked me "Do
> you think he looks better with or without his glasses?" and whipped
> them off his face

I recall my grandfather at a viewing. Someone said, "Doesn't he look
natural?" Grandpa said, "Hell, no. He looks dead."

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

On Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 10:51:34 AM UTC-4, wrote:

> Yes, we go for cremation immediately. My first experience this side
> of the Pond was a neighbour. We dutifully went to the funeral parlour
> and when she took us up to the coffin - er casket - there was poor
> George lying there amidst all this satin, totally alien to his
> personality. To my horror his widow went over to him and asked me "Do
> you think he looks better with or without his glasses?" and whipped
> them off his face

I recall my grandfather at a viewing. Someone said, "Doesn't he look
natural?" Grandpa said, "Hell, no. He looks dead."

Cindy Hamilton
-----------------------------------

The one that gets me is ... 'Doesn't he look like himself' <g>

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-08-20 10:43 AM, wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Aug 2016 09:11:39 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>

>>> If you call the real world a place where people would ignore and make
>>> things even more difficult for a person with disadvantages, good luck
>>> with that, I'm sure it suits you well !
>>>

>> It is my real world where I can't recall ever seeing someone so disabled
>> that need to get help at a self service gas bar. I do know there are
>> people who go to full service stations because they do not like to pump
>> gas for one reason or another. You keep carrying on as if it is quite
>> common in your world.
>>

> Could it be you are so self centred that you just don't happen to
> notice people with severe disabilities ?

Are you really that dense that you are going to try to suggest that I am
unaware of people with severe disabilities. That is a dismal attempt to
rebut my argument.

> When disabled myself after a
> knee op and having to use a walker, I was amazed at how kindly people
> were to me, holding doors etc and making my passage easier. Perhaps
> because we supply a lot of the military we do more commonly see badly
> disabled vets.

Yes indeed you do provide a lot of the military. Is that because the
people on the east coast have a higher sense of patriotic duty or
because it is an area with high unemployment and the military is one of
the few options for employment? A lot of people sign up for peace time
service and then find themselves being deployed.

> Anyway, I'm through with all this - have the last word - to me I feel
> a disadvantaged person deserves consideration, I'm quite happy to go
> the extra to make sure they can be as independent as possible. I am
> heartily glad NS is more kindly than Ontario, figures!

Holy crap. No one has suggested that the disabled deserve a few brakes.
You have gone off on this damned self righteous tangent because I said
that it is difficult to imagine someone being so disabled that they
cannot pump case, and you have turned it into your own idiotic agenda.

~
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/20/2016 8:13 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> I would say get thee to a church and listen to mass, but I believe it is
> no longer in Latin.

I believe that (use of local languages) happened in the late 60s, after
Vatican II.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"S Viemeister" wrote in message ...

On 8/20/2016 8:13 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> I would say get thee to a church and listen to mass, but I believe it is
> no longer in Latin.

I believe that (use of local languages) happened in the late 60s, after
Vatican II.
-------------

Thanks, Sheila. I guess that is when I had stopped going

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 Aug 2016 00:23:32 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 8/20/2016 12:10 AM, Cheri wrote:

>>> You have a drive thru pharmacy? Really. I've never heard of that.

>> Right next door to me, Walgreen's drive through pharmacy open 24 hours.
>>
>> Cheri

>Yep. Walgreen's (although they are ridiculously priced) and even my
>grocery store has a drive thru pharmacy. I suspect Gary is being
>purposefully obtuse.
>
>Of course, you don't tip the person at the drive-thru pharmacy. Nor do
>you ask them how much they make per hour so you can figure out whether
>or not you should be tipping them. LOL

The drive thru attendant is a clerk, not a pharmacist. Most
pharmacies are attended mainly by clerks, there's only one or maybe
two pharmacists per shift. When I phone my mail order pharmacy
(OptumRx) I get a clerk, if need be they can switch me over to an
actual pharmacist. The clerks are working from home. It's a huge Rx
operation (the one for AARP) but there are very few pharmacists on
duty each shift that will come to the phone. Nowadays pharmacies are
all automated, pills are counted and dispensed by machine, the machine
chooses which size bottle and prints and affixes the label. There are
very few compounding pharmacies anymore. Most meds today are pre
packaged in a 10 or 30 day supply, or whatever quantity doctors
typically write for, there's no counting required.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 Aug 2016 06:41:53 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> wrote:

>jmcquown wrote:

>>> Right next door to me, Walgreen's drive through pharmacy open 24 hours.
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> Yep. Walgreen's (although they are ridiculously priced) and even my
>> grocery store has a drive thru pharmacy. I suspect Gary is being
>> purposefully obtuse.
>>
>> Of course, you don't tip the person at the drive-thru pharmacy. Nor do
>> you ask them how much they make per hour so you can figure out whether
>> or not you should be tipping them. LOL
>>
>> Jill

>Walgreens is one of those places that always smells slightly bad
>not as bad as dollar tree ... more like k mart

Now we know that Tert is the kind of poofta who sucks the farts from
theater seets... the military can use Tert as a fart sniffing K-9
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> There are drive-through funeral homes.

WTH??? LMAO! NO WAY!~
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 8/20/2016 8:53 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>
> > There are drive-through funeral homes.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >
> > ----------------------------
> >
> > Err my mind is running riot here, please define the 'drive-through
> > funeral homes'
> >

> Casket is in a window and you can drive up and pay your respects. The
> good news is, there are only a few in existence.

Do they offer fries with that?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Sat, 20 Aug 2016 09:11:39 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>

>>> If you call the real world a place where people would ignore and make
>>> things even more difficult for a person with disadvantages, good luck
>>> with that, I'm sure it suits you well !
>>>

>>It is my real world where I can't recall ever seeing someone so disabled
>>that need to get help at a self service gas bar. I do know there are
>>people who go to full service stations because they do not like to pump
>>gas for one reason or another. You keep carrying on as if it is quite
>>common in your world.
>>

> Could it be you are so self centred that you just don't happen to
> notice people with severe disabilities ? When disabled myself after a
> knee op and having to use a walker, I was amazed at how kindly people
> were to me, holding doors etc and making my passage easier. Perhaps
> because we supply a lot of the military we do more commonly see badly
> disabled vets.
>
> Anyway, I'm through with all this - have the last word - to me I feel
> a disadvantaged person deserves consideration, I'm quite happy to go
> the extra to make sure they can be as independent as possible. I am
> heartily glad NS is more kindly than Ontario, figures!

Except one cranky old man doesn't represent Ontario anymore than that portly
buffoon in Texas represents the Lone Star State.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> The deceased is placed adjacent to the drive-through window, and mourners
> can view the body without leaving their car.

That is so messed up. The human race needs to be replaced.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 8/20/2016 9:24 AM, Cheri wrote:
>>
>> "Bruce" > wrote in message
>> T...

>>> That's because of all that popcorn that they sell.

>> I don't care for Walgreen's to shop at, but it definitely doesn't smell
>> "slightly bad." The store is very clean.
>>
>> Cheri

> Bruce is blethering again. They don't sell cooked popcorn so why would it
> smell like popcorn?
>
> Jill

I believe he was making a joke for my benefit since I said they sell great
popcorn, even though I did say it was in a jar, unpopped. LOL

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 Aug 2016 20:34:11 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

>In article >,
>says...
>>
>> "Ophelia" wrote in message ...
>>
>> "Bruce" wrote in message
>> T...
>>
>> In article >,

>> says...
>> >
>> > "Bruce" wrote in message
>> > T...
>> >
>> > In article >,

says...

>> > I bet you were taught to pronounce Latin as if it was English. And I bet
>> > both vagina and regina were pronounced differently by the Romans than
>> > they are by the English.
>> > ---------------
>> >
>> > Well we did Latin at school and Regina does indeed rhyme.

>> Yes, in English "Latin", but who knows how the Romans pronounced words?
>> I'm not saying that they can't have rhymed, btw.
>>
>> ---------
>>
>> Actually I think I am wrong. Memory tells me it is Regeena!
>>
>> Oh dear, my memory these days. Well, it was a long time ago
>>
>> ------------------
>>
>> I used to sing the mass in Latin. Are you saying that was 'English' Latin?

>Yes, just like they taught me 'Dutch' Latin etc.

Would have been more logical for you to be taught pig latin.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 Aug 2016 07:53:31 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 10:51:34 AM UTC-4, wrote:
>
>> Yes, we go for cremation immediately. My first experience this side
>> of the Pond was a neighbour. We dutifully went to the funeral parlour
>> and when she took us up to the coffin - er casket - there was poor
>> George lying there amidst all this satin, totally alien to his
>> personality. To my horror his widow went over to him and asked me "Do
>> you think he looks better with or without his glasses?" and whipped
>> them off his face

>I recall my grandfather at a viewing. Someone said, "Doesn't he look
>natural?" Grandpa said, "Hell, no. He looks dead."
>
>Cindy Hamilton

I'm entirely on your Grandpa's side! I also hate it when they try to
make 70 year old women look 16 again, why???
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>> The deceased is placed adjacent to the drive-through window, and mourners
>> can view the body without leaving their car.

> That is so messed up. The human race needs to be replaced.

Obviously the person being viewed in the window is doing their part. ;-)

Cheri

Privacy policies protect Customers Personal information Privacy policies protect personal information General Cooking 0 23-07-2016 07:35 PM
Tipping at the bar asdf Beer 19 26-11-2006 06:34 AM
Airline food policies Grizzman General Cooking 14 03-06-2006 08:00 PM
Tipping - was Tipping on Wine Dick R. Wine 21 26-08-2004 03:05 AM