Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default No tipping policies

On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 09:02:29 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> On 2016-08-19 2:47 AM, sf wrote:
> > On Thu, 18 Aug 2016 18:40:28 -0400, Dave Smith
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> In France they
> >> often have service included in the bill and they have to have a not on
> >> the bill that service is included. I had no problem with that, except
> >> that Paris is exempted from that requirement because it is always
> >> included. Waiters in that city make a killing from naive tourists who
> >> go ahead and tip anyway, not realizing that their 15-20% tip is on top
> >> of the 15% they are already paying.

> > Dave, Dave, Dave. It's obvious you were a naive tourist.
> >

> Care to explain that? I was aware of the practice. I asked and it was
> explained to me.

It accidentally posted before I finished my thought and I didn't feel
like replying to my own reply. You have to look carefully at your
bill. Some of them include the tip and many do not. You could be
stiffing your waiter in Paris if you don't pay careful attention.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/19/2016 11:02 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 09:09:23 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>> I simply said that it is hard to imagine someone being so disabled that
>> they could not pump gas and still be able to drive. You invented the
>> rest of it. I don't begrudge someone who is in such bad shape going to
>> a full service gas station, but I can appreciate that a station operator
>> would be reluctant to hire extra staff to have on hand for that rare case.

> The Canucks where you live must be the most selfish uncaring *******s
> on the planet... are you saying that another patron wouldn't help a
> handicapped person by taking two minutes to fill their tank?!?!?

He's talking about employees, not patrons. Although patrons likely
would help out where I live.

There are NO full service stations where I live. Thankfully I don't
need one and I'm not handicapped. BUT, there are always at least two
and usually three people working inside the Exxon Tiger Mart attached to
the nearest gas station. On more than one occasion I've been in the
store and heard someone press the button from the pump to request
assistance. One of the employees from inside the store will go out to
that pump and help the customer.

I doubt they care whether or not the person is disabled or merely
doesn't know how to use the digital gas pumps. Many of the people seem
to be tourists headed to the beach. Whatever, the customer needs help.
The employee replies back "Be right there" and goes out and helps the
person. It's part of their job. They don't seem to mind it.

BTW, this Exxon store still has the same employees they've had since I
moved here. Long term. We call each other by name. They're always
cheerful. They don't get tips and they don't seem to care if they
occasionally have to help someone at the gas pump.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/19/2016 9:19 AM, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 09:02:29 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>> On 2016-08-19 2:47 AM, sf wrote:
>>> On Thu, 18 Aug 2016 18:40:28 -0400, Dave Smith

>>> Dave, Dave, Dave. It's obvious you were a naive tourist.
>>>

>> Care to explain that? I was aware of the practice. I asked and it was
>> explained to me.

> It accidentally posted before I finished my thought and I didn't feel
> like replying to my own reply. You have to look carefully at your
> bill. Some of them include the tip and many do not. You could be
> stiffing your waiter in Paris if you don't pay careful attention.

It's so simple to say: "Service compris?"
In the many restos I've eaten in, in France, the service has always been
included.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, August 19, 2016 at 9:08:00 AM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:

> I simply said that it is hard to imagine someone being so disabled that
> they could not pump gas and still be able to drive. You invented the
> rest of it. I don't begrudge someone who is in such bad shape going to
> a full service gas station, but I can appreciate that a station operator
> would be reluctant to hire extra staff to have on hand for that rare case.

In the U.S., that falls under the Americans with Disabilities Act:

<https://www.ada.gov/gasserve.htm>

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 09:55:05 -0600, graham > wrote:

> On 8/19/2016 9:19 AM, sf wrote:
> > On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 09:02:29 -0400, Dave Smith
> > > wrote:

> >> Care to explain that? I was aware of the practice. I asked and it was
> >> explained to me.

> > It accidentally posted before I finished my thought and I didn't feel
> > like replying to my own reply. You have to look carefully at your
> > bill. Some of them include the tip and many do not. You could be
> > stiffing your waiter in Paris if you don't pay careful attention.
> >

> It's so simple to say: "Service compris?"
> In the many restos I've eaten in, in France, the service has always been
> included.

Your mileage has varied from mine.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-08-19 10:07 AM, wrote:
> On Friday, August 19, 2016 at 1:41:57 AM UTC-5, sf wrote:
>> On Thu, 18 Aug 2016 14:30:33 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:

>>> I'm not complaining about leaving a tip just commenting on the
>>> 'need' or 'deservedness' of a 50 - 100% tip because someone removed
>>> a plate or two, or even the possibility of refilling a glass.
>>>
>>> Paying $10 for a buffet meal and then slapping down a $10 bill
>>> for a 'tip' doesn't make someone worthy of praise and admiration.
>>>
>>> As far as 'feedbag type buffets' well, hold onto your garters, ALL
>>> buffets are feedbag type establishments if you want to make a statement.
>>> You think some buffets are for those who eat like a bird and
>>> others for those who feed like they are at a trough? Once again
>>> ALL buffets, yes every one of them, are feedbag establishments.
>>>
>>> Sometimes Babs, I think you make statements just to see if you
>>> can outdo Julie on the ridiculousness.

>> The people who eat at buffets and then complain about leaving a tip
>> are ridiculous. Go to a drive through if you're that cheap.
>>

> You are arguing just for the love of arguing. I have no problem
> leaving a tip; clean your glasses or renew your prescription.

There are a couple people here who like to take big leaps of logic and,
instead of addressing the argument, they make wild accusations about
cheapness and not tipping. They are a little too obtuse to understand
that one can object to the tipping culture and still not stiff waiters.
Hell, I even tipped our waiter the other night even though I had the
impression that he was very new at his job. He didn't know what the
house wine was and when he went and checked he informed us it was
Merlot,rhyming with lot. He brought my wife's shrimp ravioli that was
devoid of shrimp and never came back to check with us. My wife had to
call over another waiter to ask about the shrimpless shrimp dish.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-08-19 10:24 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 8/19/2016 9:57 AM, Dave Smith wrote:

>> Nonsense. They have managers monitoring their performance. I would
>> rather have my performance and my remuneration rated by a reasonable
>> boss than by an unreasonable customer.
>>

> Once upon a time on a very busy Friday night during dinner rush, an
> extremely rude customer was upset because I couldn't take their food
> order immediately. I brought them their water and cocktails (the bar
> was also packed) and said I'd be right back. I had four other tables to
> deal with. He was bitching very loudly. This guy was oblivous to the
> fact he and his three friends were not the only people in the
> restaurant. He wanted a personal servant.
>
> I finally sent the manager over. He attempted to explain to the guy it
> was the middle of the dinner rush. He comped their drinks, which is
> what I suspect the guy was after all along. I took their order, their
> food arrived in about 20 minutes. He was still bitching and left no tip.
>
> Relying on customers to provide servers their wages is NOT the way to
> guarantee better service. Do the best you can and still some people
> will NEVER be happy and will not tip regardless.

Thanks Jill. That is a prime example of one of the problems with the
tipping culture. No matter what a restaurant's policies about service
and customer relations, the server still ends up with all the credit or
all the blame for and problems, including obnoxious customers.

There was a woman in my riding class who was a waitress on the breakfast
shift at a Niagara Falls hotel restaurant that had many busloads of
people to deal with. It was not her fault that her management was cheap
and they were chronically understaffed. Since there were so few
waitresses on duty she had way more tables than she could handle. She
worked her ass of to try to look after the customers but, despite her
best efforts, they were getting poor service.... so no tips.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-08-19 11:02 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 09:09:23 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>> On 2016-08-19 7:25 AM, wrote:
>>> On Thu, 18 Aug 2016 13:32:41 -0400, Dave Smith

>>> There are no full service stations here, or doubtless that would be
>>> where they would go. I don't understand your problem with this, I am
>>> thankful I don't need a wheelchair so why on earth would I begrudge
>>> someone full service at a gas station who is in a wheelchair???

>> I simply said that it is hard to imagine someone being so disabled that
>> they could not pump gas and still be able to drive. You invented the
>> rest of it. I don't begrudge someone who is in such bad shape going to
>> a full service gas station, but I can appreciate that a station operator
>> would be reluctant to hire extra staff to have on hand for that rare case.

> The Canucks where you live must be the most selfish uncaring *******s
> on the planet... are you saying that another patron wouldn't help a
> handicapped person by taking two minutes to fill their tank?!?!?

If you follow the thread back you won't see any such comment from me.

> I've driven all through Canada and not once did I see a gas station
> with only one attendant... even way out in the boonies with nothing
> but farmland for hundreds of kilometers and every 14 kilometers
> there's a gas station attached to a small convenience store and all
> have at least 3-4 employees visible..

You experience differs from mine. I see a lot more with only one
attendant than with two or more.

.. most offered to pump gas, check
> oil and tires... not like they're too busy as there's so little
> traffic that they're lucky to have one fill up an hour.

It used to be SOP to pump gas, check oil, check (have a look at) tires,
and clean the windshield. Not anymore.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-08-19 11:19 AM, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 09:02:29 -0400, Dave Smith

>>> Dave, Dave, Dave. It's obvious you were a naive tourist.
>>>

>> Care to explain that? I was aware of the practice. I asked and it was
>> explained to me.

> It accidentally posted before I finished my thought and I didn't feel
> like replying to my own reply. You have to look carefully at your
> bill. Some of them include the tip and many do not. You could be
> stiffing your waiter in Paris if you don't pay careful attention.

I knew that restaurants in France are required to indicate on the bill
of service is included. A server in Paris told me that Paris is exempt
from that requirement because in Paris the service is always included.
Many tourists are not aware of that and, not knowing they are already
paying 15% service, the leave more.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 09:10:26 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 09:55:05 -0600, graham > wrote:
>
>> On 8/19/2016 9:19 AM, sf wrote:
>> > On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 09:02:29 -0400, Dave Smith

>> > It accidentally posted before I finished my thought and I didn't feel
>> > like replying to my own reply. You have to look carefully at your
>> > bill. Some of them include the tip and many do not. You could be
>> > stiffing your waiter in Paris if you don't pay careful attention.
>> >

>> It's so simple to say: "Service compris?"
>> In the many restos I've eaten in, in France, the service has always been
>> included.

>Your mileage has varied from mine.

He was likely there longer than you - I expect you had a couple of
hours there when on a cruise lol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/19/2016 12:09 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Friday, August 19, 2016 at 9:08:00 AM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> I simply said that it is hard to imagine someone being so disabled that
>> they could not pump gas and still be able to drive. You invented the
>> rest of it. I don't begrudge someone who is in such bad shape going to
>> a full service gas station, but I can appreciate that a station operator
>> would be reluctant to hire extra staff to have on hand for that rare case.

> In the U.S., that falls under the Americans with Disabilities Act:
>
> <https://www.ada.gov/gasserve.htm>
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Thank you for a voice of reason (and a link). In case he's too obtuse
to click?

"People with disabilities may find it difficult or impossible to use the
controls, hose, or nozzle of a self-serve gas pump. As a result, at
stations that offer both self and full service, people with disabilities
might have no choice but to purchase the more expensive gas from a
full-serve pump. At locations with only self-serve pumps, they might be
unable to purchase gas at all.

The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requires self-serve gas
stations to provide equal access to their customers with disabilities.
If necessary to provide access, gas stations must -

Provide refueling assistance upon the request of an individual with
a disability. A service station or convenience store is not required to
provide such service at any time that it is operating on a remote
control basis with a single employee, but is encouraged to do so, if
feasible.
Let patrons know (e.g., through appropriate signs) that customers
with disabilities can obtain refueling assistance by either honking or
otherwise signaling an employee.
Provide the refueling assistance without any charge beyond the
self-serve price."

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Friday, August 19, 2016 at 1:44:02 AM UTC-5, sf wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 15:00:23 +1000, Bruce >
>> wrote:
>>
>> > In article >,
>> > says...

>> > Good for you if it's so affordable where you live.

>> It must be some fancy establishment like a Golden Corral wannabe.
>>

> I don't even know if there's a Golden Corral around here or not.
> Never have eaten there.

There are two fairly close to me, I've eaten lunch at one of them a couple
of times, the food was good, but dunno how it goes with dinner, and yes we
left nice tips on the table each time. I've never gone anywhere where I
didn't leave a nice tip, including the Foster Freeze drive through when I
get a Frosty once or twice a year because they have a tip jar.

I asked once at Papa Murphy's if they had a tip jar and they said no, owner
would not allow it. Dunno why, maybe owner makes a lot more money and
doesn't care about a tip jar.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 10:16:17 -0400, Brooklyn1

>>I live in a small town (actually a village) with only two gas
>>stations, both with rather large convenience stores (Cumberland Farms
>>& Stewart's Shops) that employ a large staff, at any given time at
>>least 8-10 employees. Anyone needing assistance at the pumps there's
>>an intercom at each with a button that's easily reached through the
>>drivers window... ask for assistance and someone will be there within
>>a few minutes.
>>https://www.cumberlandfarms.com/
>>http://www.stewartsshops.com/

> Don't tell Dave that!

Really. It would probably cause a coronary event. ;-)

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message

> large city being Regina... I'll never forget Regina because the locals
> pronounce it the same as Vagina. I've probably seen more of Canada
> than most Canucks.

I have relatives in Regina. The reason they pronounce it that way is because
that's the way it's pronounced, nothing to do with the "locals."

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2016-08-19 2:41 AM, sf wrote:
>> On Thu, 18 Aug 2016 14:30:33 -0700 (PDT), "

>>> Sometimes Babs, I think you make statements just to see if you
>>> can outdo Julie on the ridiculousness.

>> The people who eat at buffets and then complain about leaving a tip
>> are ridiculous. Go to a drive through if you're that cheap.

> What? You don't tip the people at the drive thru? They make minimum wage
> to take your order and serve it to you.

If they have tip jars I certainly do. Most independent drive thrus do have
them, but the chains don't.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

http://www.holywellhousepublishing.c...ckenzie.htmlOn
>>> Fri, 19 Aug 2016 09:05:52 -0400, Dave Smith

>>> I call bullshit on that one. I deal with a number of local self serve
>>> stations and only one of then typically has more than one person on
>>> duty, and that is because they are almost always busy and there are
>>> people lined up to pay.
>>>

>> Bullshit becomes you well ! All our stations have two on duty to
>> take the money from people who don't pay at the pump and the other
>> does some shelf stocking - or goes and assists handicapped drivers.

> Yeah, right. Most of them here have only one, and they are kept pretty
> busy with people coming in to pay for the gas they pumped.

Local observations do not extrapolate well across North America. I've
seen stations with one attendant that is mostly bored to stations with a
convenience store and three to five employees. The there is the Vince
Lombardi rest area on the NJ Turnpike with 36 dual pumps and maybe a
dozen attendants that take care of many cars waiting in line.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...

wrote:

> >> I simply said that it is hard to imagine someone being so disabled that
> >> they could not pump gas and still be able to drive. You invented the
> >> rest of it. I don't begrudge someone who is in such bad shape going to
> >> a full service gas station, but I can appreciate that a station operator
> >> would be reluctant to hire extra staff to have on hand for that rare case.
> >>>

> > It may be hard for you to imagine, it may even most likely be possible
> > for the person to get out, take their chair and pump the gas.

> Try taking a step into the real world. There are very few wheelchair
> bound drivers and very few who have to use hand controls.

That may be the case there, but here it's not very unusual. The govt
here has a special mobility scheme for them to lease an adapted car.

Janet UK
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/19/2016 9:55 AM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> They don't. We once had a nice talk with a French waiter in a German
>>> restaurant. He explained that it was customary to leave some change if
>>> you are especially pleased and he was quite scornful of big tippers.
>>>

>> What would you think he would say???
>>

> When he was discouraging us from tipping him?

On a few trips to Italy we went to a Trattoria that served a full dinner
on Sunday afternoon until 3. We had gone in about two and were
finishing out meal at 3. We saw our waiter going home rather than wait
for a tip. He worked there during the week too and was evidently paid a
fair wage.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-08-19 2:25 PM, dsi1 wrote:

>> Is it that complicated? They are locked up inside for security.
>> They probably cannot leave to pump gas for a disabled person.

> I believe it's federal law that the disabled have to be assisted at
> gas stations if they require it. That's fine with me. I have read the
> sign they have posted next to the pump on the procedures. It seems
> pretty involved - beats the heck out of me how it actually works in
> practice. My guess it might mean locking up the store if there's
> nobody but the cashier around.

The law was cited here. There is an exemption for remote controlled
(self serve) where there is only one person on duty.

> However, if I was a disabled person, I'd just ask the guy at the next
> pump for assistance. I'd be happy to help a guy stuck in the car - I
> enjoy pumping gas anyway.

It's easy enough and doesn't take long to fill a tank. Try doing it
some time at -25 C with a cold wind blowing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, August 19, 2016 at 8:46:39 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2016-08-19 2:25 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>
> >> Is it that complicated? They are locked up inside for security.
> >> They probably cannot leave to pump gas for a disabled person.

> > I believe it's federal law that the disabled have to be assisted at
> > gas stations if they require it. That's fine with me. I have read the
> > sign they have posted next to the pump on the procedures. It seems
> > pretty involved - beats the heck out of me how it actually works in
> > practice. My guess it might mean locking up the store if there's
> > nobody but the cashier around.

> The law was cited here. There is an exemption for remote controlled
> (self serve) where there is only one person on duty.
>

> > However, if I was a disabled person, I'd just ask the guy at the next
> > pump for assistance. I'd be happy to help a guy stuck in the car - I
> > enjoy pumping gas anyway.

> It's easy enough and doesn't take long to fill a tank. Try doing it
> some time at -25 C with a cold wind blowing.

I like a challenge. You guys get to have all the fun.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 10:20:49 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
>
>> large city being Regina... I'll never forget Regina because the locals
>> pronounce it the same as Vagina. I've probably seen more of Canada
>> than most Canucks.

>I have relatives in Regina. The reason they pronounce it that way is because
>that's the way it's pronounced, nothing to do with the "locals."
>
>Cheri

Correct, it is old Latin for Queen.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> There are no full service stations here, or doubtless that would be
>>> where they would go. I don't understand your problem with this, I am
>>> thankful I don't need a wheelchair so why on earth would I begrudge
>>> someone full service at a gas station who is in a wheelchair???
>>>

>> I've heard people complain about parking in a HP spot because it was a
>> Corvette or Caddy. If you are handicapped you should not be allowed to
>> drive anything better than an old Plymouth Reliant.

> I suspect their choice is usually whichever is easiest for them to get
> into and/or drive However, lets not get into that because heaven
> forbid we say/do anything kind about disabled people. They shouldn't
> be allowed, delaying the important people in lineups like Dave!

A few months back I was coming out of BJ's and an older guy was loading
some stuff into his new Corvette. I stopped to comment on his fine
choice of automobile. He told me he was diagnosed with cancer, had a
rough time but survived so he treated himself to the car of his dreams.
Not easy for him to get into it but he was going to enjoy it. Good for
him.

----------------------

And that says it all!!!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, August 19, 2016 at 8:04:41 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2016-08-19 12:43 PM, wrote:
> > On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 12:29:15 -0400, Dave Smith
> >
> >> Are those intercoms to get someone out to pump the gas, or are they
> >> just
> >> to get them to reset the pumps? I have been to self service places in
> >> the US where the staff work behind secure windows and bars and they do
> >> not leave.
> >>

> > What's that got to do with helping disabled people?
> >

> Is it that complicated? They are locked up inside for security. They
> probably cannot leave to pump gas for a disabled person.

I believe it's federal law that the disabled have to be assisted at gas
stations if they require it. That's fine with me. I have read the sign they
have posted next to the pump on the procedures. It seems pretty involved -
beats the heck out of me how it actually works in practice. My guess it
might mean locking up the store if there's nobody but the cashier around.

However, if I was a disabled person, I'd just ask the guy at the next pump
for assistance. I'd be happy to help a guy stuck in the car - I enjoy
pumping gas anyway.

-----------------

I think most of us would offer to help. If I see anyone in a wheelchair in
the supermarket I offer because I can remember when I was wheelchair bound
and I couldn't reach things either! The offer is usually very gratefully
accepted.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

" wrote:

> On Thursday, August 18, 2016 at 4:41:03 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> > In article >,
> > says...

> > > That turned over your tickle box?

> > What do you get for $5? Some deep-fried roadside tumbleweed and a glass
> > of chlorinated water?
> >

> I said in the $5 - $10 RANGE. When you drink water with your
> meal you've already saved $2 - $3. Frequently coupons for
> different eating establishments arrive in the mail here. Too
> bad none of the places in yours or Gary's location make these
> available to patrons.
>
> Dinner buffets are substantially higher and around here there
> are no coupons for those meals.

Joan. I retract my LOL. YOu are correct. Some lunch buffets can be found
for under $10. I didn't think of those as I never go to any but I have
seen ads for them.

As you said too, dinner buffets are higher. We have a killer seafood
buffet place here but the price is over $30 now. That's a bit much for
me. I'll do a Golden Corral for less than half the price.

When my daughter was young, I used to take her to Shoney's buffet every
Friday night. It was not much over $5-6 back then but...that also was
20-25 years ago.

I rarely go to restaurants now. Kind of weird to go eat by yourself. I
only go now if I have someone to go with. Ferrets don't count either.
hheheh
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, August 19, 2016 at 10:12:20 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Friday, August 19, 2016 at 8:04:41 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> > On 2016-08-19 12:43 PM, wrote:
> > > On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 12:29:15 -0400, Dave Smith

> > > What's that got to do with helping disabled people?
> > >

> > Is it that complicated? They are locked up inside for security. They
> > probably cannot leave to pump gas for a disabled person.

> I believe it's federal law that the disabled have to be assisted at gas
> stations if they require it. That's fine with me. I have read the sign they
> have posted next to the pump on the procedures. It seems pretty involved -
> beats the heck out of me how it actually works in practice. My guess it
> might mean locking up the store if there's nobody but the cashier around.
>
> However, if I was a disabled person, I'd just ask the guy at the next pump
> for assistance. I'd be happy to help a guy stuck in the car - I enjoy
> pumping gas anyway.
>
> -----------------
>
> I think most of us would offer to help. If I see anyone in a wheelchair in
> the supermarket I offer because I can remember when I was wheelchair bound
> and I couldn't reach things either! The offer is usually very gratefully
> accepted.
>
> --

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Only a cold hearted ******* would ignore guy in a wheelchair trying to get himself some gas. If I was served by a waiter in a wheelchair, I'd pretty much have to tip him 25%.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

=======

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> I've heard people complain about parking in a HP spot because it was a
>>> Corvette or Caddy. If you are handicapped you should not be allowed to
>>> drive anything better than an old Plymouth Reliant.

>> I suspect their choice is usually whichever is easiest for them to get
>> into and/or drive However, lets not get into that because heaven
>> forbid we say/do anything kind about disabled people. They shouldn't
>> be allowed, delaying the important people in lineups like Dave!
>>

>A few months back I was coming out of BJ's and an older guy was loading
>some stuff into his new Corvette. I stopped to comment on his fine
>choice of automobile. He told me he was diagnosed with cancer, had a
>rough time but survived so he treated himself to the car of his dreams.
>Not easy for him to get into it but he was going to enjoy it. Good for
>him.

Lol that would be a good reason. Also have heard some people when
they receive a negative diagnosis buy all sorts of things they always
wished for, running their cards to the max figuring they'll be gone.

Privacy policies protect Customers Personal information Privacy policies protect personal information General Cooking 0 23-07-2016 07:35 PM
Tipping at the bar asdf Beer 19 26-11-2006 06:34 AM
Airline food policies Grizzman General Cooking 14 03-06-2006 08:00 PM
Tipping - was Tipping on Wine Dick R. Wine 21 26-08-2004 03:05 AM