Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ban pre-shredded cheese

Ban pre-shredded cheese from the stores.

Make America grate again
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>Ban pre-shredded cheese from the stores.
>Make America grate again

Grated cheese and shredded cheese are very different... grated is
dried cheese, shredded is fresh cheese. Anyone who spends big bucks
for grated Parmigiano Reggiano is wasting their money... Parmigiano
Reggiano is a table cheese, NOT a grating cheese, it's grated when
spoiled.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/20/2016 9:01 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>> Ban pre-shredded cheese from the stores.
>> Make America grate again

> Grated cheese and shredded cheese are very different... grated is
> dried cheese, shredded is fresh cheese.

Its a pun, a play on words. Meant to be humorous, not a cooking lesson.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/20/2016 2:35 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> Ban pre-shredded cheese from the stores.
>
> Make America grate again

You Trump people make me sick!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 20:35:46 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

> Ban pre-shredded cheese from the stores.
>
> Make America grate again

You got my vote.

--

sf

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 20:35:46 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
>> Ban pre-shredded cheese from the stores.
>>
>> Make America grate again

> I couldn't believe the selection of shredded cheese at Walmart the
> other day. It outnumbered all other cheeses - blocks and slices - by
> 10 to 1. They had at least three brands of each mass produced cheese
> and an impressive selection of imitation cheese as well. I was so
> impressed I even tried to take a picture.
>
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...ream/lightbox/
>
> That's all shredded cheese. And I could only fit 2/3rds of the wall
> in the picture. There's another 5 foot section of Sargento shredded
> cheese to the left of there. The sliced cheese section is only 2.5
> feet wide. with a few traditional blocks of cheddar and jack
> underneath on the bottom shelf.
>
> Walmart - *NOT* making America grate
> <shaking head and rolling eyes>
>
> -sw

It's not just Walmart. I was looking for a suitable mild cheese for a little
one with only 5 teeth. Slices and shreds everywhere. I did find a small
triangle of Havarti. Not sure if he will like that or not. We'll see.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 7:35:52 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> Ban pre-shredded cheese from the stores.
>
> Make America grate again

ROFL!!! :-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 11:31:10 PM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> > On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 20:35:46 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> >
> >> Ban pre-shredded cheese from the stores.
> >>
> >> Make America grate again

> > I couldn't believe the selection of shredded cheese at Walmart the
> > other day. It outnumbered all other cheeses - blocks and slices - by
> > 10 to 1. They had at least three brands of each mass produced cheese
> > and an impressive selection of imitation cheese as well. I was so
> > impressed I even tried to take a picture.
> >
> > https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...ream/lightbox/
> >
> > That's all shredded cheese. And I could only fit 2/3rds of the wall
> > in the picture. There's another 5 foot section of Sargento shredded
> > cheese to the left of there. The sliced cheese section is only 2.5
> > feet wide. with a few traditional blocks of cheddar and jack
> > underneath on the bottom shelf.
> >
> > Walmart - *NOT* making America grate
> > <shaking head and rolling eyes>
> >
> > -sw

> It's not just Walmart. I was looking for a suitable mild cheese for a little
> one with only 5 teeth. Slices and shreds everywhere. I did find a small
> triangle of Havarti. Not sure if he will like that or not. We'll see.

YUM! Havarti!! If he doesn't like it, I do! :-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" wrote in message ...

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>Ban pre-shredded cheese from the stores.
>Make America grate again

Grated cheese and shredded cheese are very different... grated is
dried cheese, shredded is fresh cheese. Anyone who spends big bucks
for grated Parmigiano Reggiano is wasting their money... Parmigiano
Reggiano is a table cheese, NOT a grating cheese, it's grated when
spoiled.
==========

Whoosh!

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 21:31:01 -0700, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

>"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 20:35:46 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>>> Ban pre-shredded cheese from the stores.
>>>
>>> Make America grate again

>> I couldn't believe the selection of shredded cheese at Walmart the
>> other day. It outnumbered all other cheeses - blocks and slices - by
>> 10 to 1. They had at least three brands of each mass produced cheese
>> and an impressive selection of imitation cheese as well. I was so
>> impressed I even tried to take a picture.
>>
>> https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...ream/lightbox/
>>
>> That's all shredded cheese. And I could only fit 2/3rds of the wall
>> in the picture. There's another 5 foot section of Sargento shredded
>> cheese to the left of there. The sliced cheese section is only 2.5
>> feet wide. with a few traditional blocks of cheddar and jack
>> underneath on the bottom shelf.
>>
>> Walmart - *NOT* making America grate
>> <shaking head and rolling eyes>
>>
>> -sw

>It's not just Walmart. I was looking for a suitable mild cheese for a little
>one with only 5 teeth. Slices and shreds everywhere. I did find a small
>triangle of Havarti. Not sure if he will like that or not. We'll see.

If people (the majority of them, at least) didn't WANT grated cheese,
it wouldn't BE available.

It never ceases to amaze me how some people think THEIR opinions
and preferences should be EVERYONE's, even if it means limiting
all other choices.

It ALSO amazes me that there are still people stupid enough
to have NOT kill-filed the worst trolls of this group.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 20:35:46 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>Ban pre-shredded cheese from the stores.
>
>Make America grate again

Wonder if Trump buys pre-shredded cheese for his table ?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 23:37:49 -0700, The New Other Guy
> wrote:

>If people (the majority of them, at least) didn't WANT grated cheese,
>it wouldn't BE available.
>
>It never ceases to amaze me how some people think THEIR opinions
>and preferences should be EVERYONE's, even if it means limiting
>all other choices.

True, they make what people will buy. What is sad, an entire
generation and all future generations will never know the difference
between a bagged ready made product as compared to the way we used to
do some things. Tree ripened fruit, bread fresh from the oven, baked
goods not softened from the plastic wrap, etc. Welcome to the Cool
Whip generation.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-06-21, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
> Ban pre-shredded cheese from the stores.
>
> Make America grate again

<shudder>

That's low, Ed. Even fer you.

</shudder>

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 23:37:49 -0700, The New Other Guy wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 21:31:01 -0700, "Julie Bove" >
> wrote:

>>> I couldn't believe the selection of shredded cheese at Walmart the
>>> other day. It outnumbered all other cheeses - blocks and slices - by
>>> 10 to 1. They had at least three brands of each mass produced cheese
>>> and an impressive selection of imitation cheese as well. I was so
>>> impressed I even tried to take a picture.
>>>
>>> https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...ream/lightbox/
>>>
>>> That's all shredded cheese. And I could only fit 2/3rds of the wall
>>> in the picture. There's another 5 foot section of Sargento shredded
>>> cheese to the left of there. The sliced cheese section is only 2.5
>>> feet wide. with a few traditional blocks of cheddar and jack
>>> underneath on the bottom shelf.
>>>
>>> Walmart - *NOT* making America grate
>>> <shaking head and rolling eyes>

>>It's not just Walmart. I was looking for a suitable mild cheese for a little
>>one with only 5 teeth. Slices and shreds everywhere. I did find a small
>>triangle of Havarti. Not sure if he will like that or not. We'll see.

> If people (the majority of them, at least) didn't WANT grated cheese,
> it wouldn't BE available.
>
> It never ceases to amaze me how some people think THEIR opinions
> and preferences should be EVERYONE's, even if it means limiting
> all other choices.

Says the guy who's too lazy to shred his own cheese and buys that
cellulose caked stuff. He also the guy that chastises people who buy
gummy vitamins, against HIS wishes.

> It ALSO amazes me that there are still people stupid enough
> to have NOT kill-filed the worst trolls of this group.

"It never ceases to amaze me how some people think THEIR opinions
and preferences should be EVERYONE's, even if it means limiting
all other choices." - sound familiar, hypocrite?

This New Other Guy isn't any better than The Old Other Guy. Still
never contributes anything - he's just another Bruce.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 23:37:49 -0700, The New Other Guy
> wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 21:31:01 -0700, "Julie Bove" >
> wrote:

> >> I couldn't believe the selection of shredded cheese at Walmart the
> >> other day. It outnumbered all other cheeses - blocks and slices - by
> >> 10 to 1. They had at least three brands of each mass produced cheese
> >> and an impressive selection of imitation cheese as well. I was so
> >> impressed I even tried to take a picture.
> >>
> >> https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...ream/lightbox/
> >>
> >> That's all shredded cheese. And I could only fit 2/3rds of the wall
> >> in the picture. There's another 5 foot section of Sargento shredded
> >> cheese to the left of there. The sliced cheese section is only 2.5
> >> feet wide. with a few traditional blocks of cheddar and jack
> >> underneath on the bottom shelf.
> >>
> >> Walmart - *NOT* making America grate
> >> <shaking head and rolling eyes>
> >>
> >> -sw

> >It's not just Walmart. I was looking for a suitable mild cheese for a little
> >one with only 5 teeth. Slices and shreds everywhere. I did find a small
> >triangle of Havarti. Not sure if he will like that or not. We'll see.

> If people (the majority of them, at least) didn't WANT grated cheese,
> it wouldn't BE available.
>
> It never ceases to amaze me how some people think THEIR opinions
> and preferences should be EVERYONE's, even if it means limiting
> all other choices.

Did you forget where you are?

> It ALSO amazes me that there are still people stupid enough
> to have NOT kill-filed the worst trolls of this group.

It all depends on who you consider a troll. Your troll may not be
mine.

--

sf

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 21 Jun 2016 10:52:39 -0500, Andy Dufrense
> wrote:

>Says the guy who's

**** off troll, you don't know ANYTHING about me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/21/2016 9:47 AM, notbob wrote:
> On 2016-06-21, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>> Ban pre-shredded cheese from the stores.
>>
>> Make America grate again

> <shudder>
>
> That's low, Ed. Even fer you.
>
> </shudder>
>
> nb

I'd get out of the gutter but first I have to reach high to get to the
gutter.