Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pumpkin in Mexican recipes

I was watching Pati's Mexican table and could have sworn that she made a
chicken recipe with garbanzo beans. But apparently I saw it wrong as I
never did turn up such a recipe. But in looking through hers, particularly
in her blog, there were a lot that used pumpkin. I knew that the seeds were
commonly used, but did not realize how common pumpkin was there.
Interesting. Here is her website:

http://patijinich.com/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/14/2016 10:51 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> I was watching Pati's Mexican table and could have sworn that she made a
> chicken recipe with garbanzo beans. But apparently I saw it wrong as I
> never did turn up such a recipe. But in looking through hers,
> particularly in her blog, there were a lot that used pumpkin. I knew
> that the seeds were commonly used, but did not realize how common
> pumpkin was there. Interesting. Here is her website:
>
> http://patijinich.com/

She has a recipe for Bell Peppers, Cucumber and Chickpea Salad. I'm
going to try a salad with those veggies but will use a dressing of mine.
Hers has far too many ingredients (I'm a lazy cook).

MaryL