Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Another Safeway closing.

Based on their low stock and prices up to 70% off, I expect they'll be gone
in a few days. Odd because we just happened upon a man with a sign at the
entrance to Albertsons across the street. We had even been in this area
prior and saw nothing. Nothing even posted to Facebook, which is how we
found the last one closing.

Turns out the 70% applied only to greeting cards which I did not need. Most
beverages were a measly 15% off, although they didn't have much left.
Everything else was 25 or 45% off. I was amazed to find good, fresh green
bell peppers. Actually all of the produce was good although the selection
was slightly diminished.

The annoying thing to me was that I kept seeing all these bargains that my
husband would like but he is over towards the East coast to various places
for business for a while. Then back here only briefly then headed to the
Bay area. So there is no point in buying him food at the moment. But I did
buy him some HBA type items as those will keep. Bought some for us too and
a very few food items.

We are still doing well at eating through the stockpile. I even had to buy
more refried beans, corn and olives.

At any rate, I am not sure why all the stores are closing. But this one got
low Yelp ratings and I am inclined to agree. You can never just get in and
out of there. Always some complicated problem with the customers ahead in
line.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/8/2016 4:29 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> At any rate, I am not sure why all the stores are closing. But this one
> got low Yelp ratings and I am inclined to agree. You can never just get
> in and out of there. Always some complicated problem with the customers
> ahead in line.

EBT land?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 8 May 2016 17:02:18 -0600, Bruce > wrote:

> On 5/8/2016 4:29 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> > At any rate, I am not sure why all the stores are closing. But this one
> > got low Yelp ratings and I am inclined to agree. You can never just get
> > in and out of there. Always some complicated problem with the customers
> > ahead in line.

> EBT land?

Safeway merged with Albertson's last year, looks like Albertson's is
jettisoning less profitable/more problematic store sites.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 8 May 2016 17:02:18 -0600, Bruce > wrote:
>
>> On 5/8/2016 4:29 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> > At any rate, I am not sure why all the stores are closing. But this
>> > one
>> > got low Yelp ratings and I am inclined to agree. You can never just
>> > get
>> > in and out of there. Always some complicated problem with the
>> > customers
>> > ahead in line.

>> EBT land?

> Safeway merged with Albertson's last year, looks like Albertson's is
> jettisoning less profitable/more problematic store sites.

That store was always busy but maybe they weren't making a profit. I did
see a lot of EBT and WIC purchases/

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.usenet.kooks

Default JULIE BOVINE IS UPSET AT "Another Safeway closing."

On 5/8/2016 3:29 PM, Julie BovINE wrote:
> Based on their low stock and prices up to 70% off, I expect they'll be
> gone in a few days. Odd because we just happened upon a man with a sign
> at the entrance to Albertsons across the street. We had even been in
> this area prior and saw nothing. Nothing even posted to Facebook, which
> is how we found the last one closing.
>
> Turns out the 70% applied only to greeting cards which I did not need.
> Most beverages were a measly 15% off, although they didn't have much
> left. Everything else was 25 or 45% off. I was amazed to find good,
> fresh green bell peppers. Actually all of the produce was good although
> the selection was slightly diminished.
>
> The annoying thing to me was that I kept seeing all these bargains that
> my husband would like but he is over towards the East coast to various
> places for business for a while. Then back here only briefly then
> headed to the Bay area. So there is no point in buying him food at the
> moment. But I did buy him some HBA type items as those will keep.
> Bought some for us too and a very few food items.
>
> We are still doing well at eating through the stockpile. I even had to
> buy more refried beans, corn and olives.
>
> At any rate, I am not sure why all the stores are closing. But this one
> got low Yelp ratings and I am inclined to agree. You can never just get
> in and out of there. Always some complicated problem with the customers
> ahead in line.

Maybe it's time to get one of them freezers in the garage, Julie, so
youse can load up on the food.
Woodn't want yer horselike arse sheddin' any poundage, now wood we?
LOL

Posted to alt.usenet.kooks,rec.food.cooking,alt.support.depression

On 5/9/2016 10:28 AM, Mr. Smartypants DoW #4, Supreme ****head wrote:
> On Monday, May 9, 2016 at 8:01:44 AM UTC-6, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
>> On 5/8/2016 3:29 PM, Julie BovINE wrote:
>>> Based on their low stock and prices up to 70% off, I expect they'll be
>>> gone in a few days. Odd because we just happened upon a man with a sign
>>> at the entrance to Albertsons across the street. We had even been in
>>> this area prior and saw nothing. Nothing even posted to Facebook, which
>>> is how we found the last one closing.
>>>
>>> Turns out the 70% applied only to greeting cards which I did not need.
>>> Most beverages were a measly 15% off, although they didn't have much
>>> left. Everything else was 25 or 45% off. I was amazed to find good,
>>> fresh green bell peppers. Actually all of the produce was good although
>>> the selection was slightly diminished.
>>>
>>> The annoying thing to me was that I kept seeing all these bargains that
>>> my husband would like but he is over towards the East coast to various
>>> places for business for a while. Then back here only briefly then
>>> headed to the Bay area. So there is no point in buying him food at the
>>> moment. But I did buy him some HBA type items as those will keep.
>>> Bought some for us too and a very few food items.
>>>
>>> We are still doing well at eating through the stockpile. I even had to
>>> buy more refried beans, corn and olives.
>>>
>>> At any rate, I am not sure why all the stores are closing. But this one
>>> got low Yelp ratings and I am inclined to agree. You can never just get
>>> in and out of there. Always some complicated problem with the customers
>>> ahead in line.

>> Maybe it's time to get one of them freezers in the garage, Julie, so
>> youse can load up on the food.
>> Woodn't want yer horselike arse sheddin' any poundage, now wood we?
>> LOL

> Well said, Kernel!

Thank you. While I'm here, may I also say that one fine day I hope to
find Julie on the cover of a Ridgid Tool Calendar, hot waxed and lookin'
hawt!
Take this for example:
http://www.animationresources.org/pics/petty07-big.jpg

Posted to alt.usenet.kooks,rec.food.cooking,alt.support.depression

although the selection was slightly diminished
Posted to alt.usenet.kooks,rec.food.cooking,alt.support.depression

"David" > wrote in message
> although the selection was slightly diminished

Why would I be upset over it closing?

Posted to alt.usenet.kooks,rec.food.cooking,alt.support.depression

On 5/10/2016 2:55 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "David" > wrote in message
>> although the selection was slightly diminished

> Why would I be upset over it closing?

This proves Julie wants me.

Posted to alt.usenet.kooks,rec.food.cooking

On 5/11/2016 8:20 AM, Mr. Smartypants DoW #4, Supreme ****head wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 7:47:53 AM UTC-6, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:

>>> Why would I be upset over it closing?

>> This proves Julie wants me.

> Indeed. What further proof could anyone need?

It's probably cuz she recognizes my military bearing.

Posted to alt.usenet.kooks,rec.food.cooking,alt.support.depression

"Julie Bove" wrote in message ...

"David" > wrote in message
> although the selection was slightly diminished

Why would I be upset over it closing?

I have a cold.
Posted to alt.usenet.kooks,rec.food.cooking,alt.support.depression

"Colonel Edmund J. Burke" wrote in message

On 5/11/2016 10:22 AM, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
> In article >,
> says...

>>> Why would I be upset over it closing?

>> This proves Julie wants me.