Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default McDonald's Fries

The ingredient count is going up.
http://www.instyle.com/news/mcdonald...c-french-fries

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/5/2016 12:18 PM, sf wrote:
> The ingredient count is going up.
> http://www.instyle.com/news/mcdonald...c-french-fries

Pencil me in!

Those rosemary garlic fries at Smashburger are probably going to have
some competition now.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 5 May 2016 12:42:17 -0600, Cloudbuster > wrote:

> On 5/5/2016 12:18 PM, sf wrote:
> > The ingredient count is going up.
> > http://www.instyle.com/news/mcdonald...c-french-fries
> >

> Pencil me in!
>
> Those rosemary garlic fries at Smashburger are probably going to have
> some competition now.

I'll definitely try them too. Say what you will, but I still like
them better than In-n-Out's fries.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/5/2016 1:15 PM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 5 May 2016 12:42:17 -0600, Cloudbuster > wrote:
>
>> On 5/5/2016 12:18 PM, sf wrote:
>>> The ingredient count is going up.
>>> http://www.instyle.com/news/mcdonald...c-french-fries
>>>

>> Pencil me in!
>>
>> Those rosemary garlic fries at Smashburger are probably going to have
>> some competition now.

> I'll definitely try them too. Say what you will, but I still like
> them better than In-n-Out's fries.

We diverge there, I like them ALL, but having said that I have a new
favorite - the shoestring fries from Freddy's Steakburger!

Oh so addictive!

http://freddysusa.com/category/favor...ites-amp-sides

I know they're not located near you, but if you see one in SoCal, stop in.

Their fries are thin, crispy, not too oily - really just a must-have.

Now I have Fry envy on MCDs new offering as you guys get them, not the
rest of us.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 06 May 2016 05:32:51 +1000, Bruce > wrote:

> On Thu, 05 May 2016 12:15:46 -0700, sf > wrote:

> >> Pencil me in!
> >>
> >> Those rosemary garlic fries at Smashburger are probably going to have
> >> some competition now.

> >I'll definitely try them too. Say what you will, but I still like
> >them better than In-n-Out's fries.

> Are those the fries made from potato pulp, with added corn and an
> added chemical to make them crunchy? And now they add garlic too?
> Gimme, gimme!

Neither one is pulverized and reconstructed. The problem (I think)
with In-n-Out is they are not double fried, so the texture is wrong.

--

sf

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/5/2016 1:32 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 05 May 2016 12:15:46 -0700, sf > wrote:

>>> Pencil me in!
>>>
>>> Those rosemary garlic fries at Smashburger are probably going to have
>>> some competition now.

>> I'll definitely try them too. Say what you will, but I still like
>> them better than In-n-Out's fries.

> Are those the fries made from potato pulp, with added corn and an
> added chemical to make them crunchy? And now they add garlic too?
> Gimme, gimme!

Feel free to pass them by, you ungrateful sot!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/5/2016 1:45 PM, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 06 May 2016 05:32:51 +1000, Bruce > wrote:

>>> I'll definitely try them too. Say what you will, but I still like
>>> them better than In-n-Out's fries.

>> Are those the fries made from potato pulp, with added corn and an
>> added chemical to make them crunchy? And now they add garlic too?
>> Gimme, gimme!

> Neither one is pulverized and reconstructed. The problem (I think)
> with In-n-Out is they are not double fried, so the texture is wrong.

That's the preferred method - blanch, then re-fry.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 06 May 2016 05:32:51 +1000, Bruce > wrote:

>> >I'll definitely try them too. Say what you will, but I still like
>> >them better than In-n-Out's fries.

>> Are those the fries made from potato pulp, with added corn and an
>> added chemical to make them crunchy? And now they add garlic too?
>> Gimme, gimme!

> Neither one is pulverized and reconstructed. The problem (I think)
> with In-n-Out is they are not double fried, so the texture is wrong.

So how do they get all those different flavours? Is it like flour, dusted
over them before they are fried?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 05 May 2016 12:45:26 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Fri, 06 May 2016 05:32:51 +1000, Bruce > wrote:

>> >I'll definitely try them too. Say what you will, but I still like
>> >them better than In-n-Out's fries.

>> Are those the fries made from potato pulp, with added corn and an
>> added chemical to make them crunchy? And now they add garlic too?
>> Gimme, gimme!

>Neither one is pulverized and reconstructed. The problem (I think)
>with In-n-Out is they are not double fried, so the texture is wrong.

Nonsense! Frozen fries are extruded because fresh potatoes don't
freeze well, not even partially fried... ALL the frozen fries at the
stupidmarket are extruded. Dehydrated potato buds/flakes are
partially reconstituted to make a dry mashed potato mixture and then
that's extruded to form the many configurations of fries. People have
been eating extruded fries for so long they wouldn't know a real fresh
cut fry. Some restaurants still serve real fries but pathetically
few. Nathan's Famous still serves fresh made fries, but only at their
Coney Island location, all their satillite stores sell extruded frozen
fries. You can still watch Nathan's Coney making real fries from
scratch.... it's a 24/7 operation, never stops and yet still has to
hustle to keep up with demand. Mc'Ds claims their fries are fresh
made but I can assure you they are not, my grands order them and I've
tried some, they are crappy extruded fries. It's easy to ascertain
they are extruded, there are only eight configurations/shapes, some
are broken... I don't know with what alibi they get away with their
Lyn' Ted claim.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/5/2016 2:23 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message

>>> Are those the fries made from potato pulp, with added corn and an
>>> added chemical to make them crunchy? And now they add garlic too?
>>> Gimme, gimme!

>> Neither one is pulverized and reconstructed. The problem (I think)
>> with In-n-Out is they are not double fried, so the texture is wrong.

> So how do they get all those different flavours? Is it like flour,
> dusted over them before they are fried?

The garlic rosemary fries at Smashburger are covered with minced garlic
and chopped rosemary.

They are every bit as good as they look:

http://smashburger.com/eat/menu/

Our signature fries are tossed in Italian olive oil, rosemary & garlic.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/5/2016 7:02 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> [...]
> heard the same thing at least 2,000 times by now."
>
> -sw
>
> "OK, so it's your planet so I guess you get to define what all teens on
> Planet Bove eat. We'll need to add this to the Planet Bove Wikipedia
> entry: "Teenagers on Planet Bove only eat chicken strips, fries, and
> baby carrots".
>
> -sw
>
> "Incredible. And you STILL don't shut up."
>
> -sw
>
> I thought you were here just to talk about cooking? You've only said
> that at least 25 times, yet 95% of the flack you get is about
> off-topic subjects.
>
> -sw
>
> Way to go, Julie! You beat her down into speechlessness.
>
> -sw
>

> "Why do you even bother posting if that's all you have to say? We've
> heard the same thing at least 2,000 times by now."
>
> -sw
>

> "Incredible. And you STILL don't shut up."
>
> -sw
>
> I thought you were here just to talk about cooking? You've only said
> that at least 25 times, yet 95% of the flack you get is about
> off-topic subjects.
>
> -sw
>
> Way to go, Julie! You beat her down into speechlessness.
>
> -sw
>
> I didn't think Julie was even capable of using the phone.
>
> -sw
>
> You seem to have a problem remembering things. Maybe you should have
> written down the once you realized you liked it.
>
> -sw
>
> Wow. She catches on quick when her mind isn't clouded by irrational
> spite.
>
> -sw
>
> Congratulations! Your post has been approved by Julie.
>
> [High Five]
>
> -sw
>
> Yeah, I see tuna and cheddar on pizza every time I visit Planet Bove.
>
> -sw
>
> You can't rent this stuff at Red Box.
>
> -sw
>
> You tell him Julie!
>
> <snort>
>
> -sw
>
> That wasn't your original argument. Your argument was that you
> couldn't remember where you got them. Then when somebody tells you
> how to solve that problem, you come up with a different argument to
> explain why the proposed solution won't work.
>
> Same 'ol song and dance.
>
> -sw
>
> <snip rest unread>
>
> -sw
>
> So WTF are you basing your unfounded theories on? Angela was about 3
> years old and you had left grade school decades earlier. What would
> have been your direct experience with the New York public school
> system in the early 2000's?
>
> -sw
>
> What I'm trying to say is that Julie is full of shit again. It's
> amazing how much time Julie spends describing her miserable fantasy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/5/2016 7:03 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> [...]
>
> <snort>
>
> -sw
>
> That wasn't your original argument. Your argument was that you
> couldn't remember where you got them. Then when somebody tells you
> how to solve that problem, you come up with a different argument to
> explain why the proposed solution won't work.
>
> Same 'ol song and dance.
>
> -sw
>
> <snip rest unread>
>
> -sw
>
> So WTF are you basing your unfounded theories on? Angela was about 3
> years old and you had left grade school decades earlier. What would
> have been your direct experience with the New York public school
> system in the early 2000's?
>
> -sw
>
> What I'm trying to say is that Julie is full of shit again. It's
> amazing how much time Julie spends describing her miserable fantasy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/5/2016 7:04 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> [...]
>
> <snort>
>
> -sw
>
> That wasn't your original argument. Your argument was that you
> couldn't remember where you got them. Then when somebody tells you
> how to solve that problem, you come up with a different argument to
> explain why the proposed solution won't work.
>
> Same 'ol song and dance.
>
> -sw
>
> <snip rest unread>
>
> -sw
>
> So WTF are you basing your unfounded theories on? Angela was about 3
> years old and you had left grade school decades earlier. What would
> have been your direct experience with the New York public school
> system in the early 2000's?
>
> -sw
>
> What I'm trying to say is that Julie is full of shit again. It's
> amazing how much time Julie spends describing her miserable fantasy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 5, 2016 at 1:19:04 PM UTC-5, sf wrote:
> The ingredient count is going up.
> http://www.instyle.com/news/mcdonald...c-french-fries
>
> --
>
> sf

Ugh! My mother made french fries when I was a kid. One ingredient! Potatoes sliced just so! She had a french fry maker, it was cool! Worked great!

Salt and catsup after of course.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cloudbuster" > wrote in message
> On 5/5/2016 2:23 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> Neither one is pulverized and reconstructed. The problem (I think)
>>> with In-n-Out is they are not double fried, so the texture is wrong.

>> So how do they get all those different flavours? Is it like flour,
>> dusted over them before they are fried?
>>

> The garlic rosemary fries at Smashburger are covered with minced garlic
> and chopped rosemary.
>
> They are every bit as good as they look:
>
> http://smashburger.com/eat/menu/

Oh, that won't open for me

> Our signature fries are tossed in Italian olive oil, rosemary & garlic.

I've never bought premade so you will have to indulge me here, is the
flavouring sprinkled on after they are fried? I suppose it must be or it
would come off in the oil

The only thing that is sprinkled on mine is salt and vinegar and husband
likes tomato ketchup.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> The ingredient count is going up.
> http://www.instyle.com/news/mcdonald...c-french-fries

Those sound good. Please try them soon and report back.
It's just a test in SF. If you folks buy lots maybe they will
sell in other areas of the country.

If I buy a 3D printer, could you email me a few of them?

I've always voted McD fries as the best.
Wendy's fries are a close second for me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> On Fri, 06 May 2016 08:04:07 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
> >sf wrote:
> >>
> >> The ingredient count is going up.
> >> http://www.instyle.com/news/mcdonald...c-french-fries

> >Those sound good. Please try them soon and report back.
> >It's just a test in SF. If you folks buy lots maybe they will
> >sell in other areas of the country.
> >
> >If I buy a 3D printer, could you email me a few of them?
> >
> >I've always voted McD fries as the best.
> >Wendy's fries are a close second for me.

> You've never been to Belgium.

uhhh...no. What's in Belgium that I should know about?
I've only been to Mexico briefly.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-05-06 8:40 AM, Gary wrote:

>>> I've always voted McD fries as the best.
>>> Wendy's fries are a close second for me.

>> You've never been to Belgium.

> uhhh...no. What's in Belgium that I should know about?
> I've only been to Mexico briefly.

French fries that don't taste like crap. I am stunned every time I see
someone posting that they like McDs fries.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> >> You've never been to Belgium.

> > uhhh...no. What's in Belgium that I should know about?
> > I've only been to Mexico briefly.
> >

> French fries that don't taste like crap. I am stunned every time I see
> someone posting that they like McDs fries.

I am stunned that you are stunned. McD's fries are VERY tasty. Didn't
you mention that you haven't been there in like 20 years though? How
would you know?

I've tried many restaurant fries, frozen fries from the grocery and
also homemade fries and restaurant fries made from fresh potatoes. So
many are good. McD fries may not be the best of the best but they are
up there and good too.

You have TIAD. Your taste buds are dead from old age and you have no
valid opinion of what tastes good or not. Your doctor doesn't even
allow you to eat fries.

Ps - I was channeling Sheldon with that last comment. Did I do good?
:-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Bruce wrote:

>> >Those sound good. Please try them soon and report back.
>> >It's just a test in SF. If you folks buy lots maybe they will
>> >sell in other areas of the country.
>> >
>> >If I buy a 3D printer, could you email me a few of them?
>> >
>> >I've always voted McD fries as the best.
>> >Wendy's fries are a close second for me.

>> You've never been to Belgium.

> uhhh...no. What's in Belgium that I should know about?
> I've only been to Mexico briefly.

They are famous for their chips (fries)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 6, 2016 at 9:10:49 AM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:

> French fries that don't taste like crap. I am stunned every time I see
> someone posting that they like McDs fries.

I agree. But if that's all you've had.....

But when I think of Belgium I think of pastries.

http://www.richardfisher.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/6/2016 8:40 AM, Gary wrote:
> Bruce wrote:

>>> Those sound good. Please try them soon and report back.
>>> It's just a test in SF. If you folks buy lots maybe they will
>>> sell in other areas of the country.
>>>
>>> If I buy a 3D printer, could you email me a few of them?
>>>
>>> I've always voted McD fries as the best.
>>> Wendy's fries are a close second for me.

>> You've never been to Belgium.

> uhhh...no. What's in Belgium that I should know about?
> I've only been to Mexico briefly.

Alledgely, "French" fries originated in Belgium. Twice fried, if you
want to get technical about it.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/6/2016 9:11 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> I am stunned every time I see someone posting that they like McDs fries.

The fries are about the only thing McDonald's does well, IMHO.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 6 May 2016 10:02:08 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 5/6/2016 9:11 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> I am stunned every time I see someone posting that they like McDs fries.

>The fries are about the only thing McDonald's does well, IMHO.

The McD breakfast burrito beats the BK Hash Brown thing IMHO.
--
Mr.E
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/6/2016 2:33 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Cloudbuster" > wrote in message

>>> So how do they get all those different flavours? Is it like flour,
>>> dusted over them before they are fried?
>>>

>> The garlic rosemary fries at Smashburger are covered with minced
>> garlic and chopped rosemary.
>>
>> They are every bit as good as they look:
>>
>> http://smashburger.com/eat/menu/

> Oh, that won't open for me

Drat!

>> Our signature fries are tossed in Italian olive oil, rosemary & garlic.

> I've never bought premade so you will have to indulge me here, is the
> flavouring sprinkled on after they are fried? I suppose it must be or
> it would come off in the oil

Smashburger is a chain restaurant, so their fries are cut fresh and then
sprinkled.

And they are really good.

Another pic:

http://s3-media2.fl.yelpcdn.com/bpho...NUjYOYtw/o.jpg

Now that's a burger platter with smash fries!

> The only thing that is sprinkled on mine is salt and vinegar and husband
> likes tomato ketchup.

Salt and vinegar are aces!

And here it is traditional to douse them with green chili and melted cheese.

The latter is fine as long as it is not that plastic-textured Velveeta
stuff.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/6/2016 6:04 AM, Gary wrote:
> sf wrote:
>>
>> The ingredient count is going up.
>> http://www.instyle.com/news/mcdonald...c-french-fries

> Those sound good. Please try them soon and report back.
> It's just a test in SF. If you folks buy lots maybe they will
> sell in other areas of the country.
>
> If I buy a 3D printer, could you email me a few of them?
>
> I've always voted McD fries as the best.
> Wendy's fries are a close second for me.

Get yourself to Smashburger, asap.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 6 May 2016 06:54:37 -0700 (PDT), Helpful person
> wrote:

>On Friday, May 6, 2016 at 9:10:49 AM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> French fries that don't taste like crap. I am stunned every time I see
>> someone posting that they like McDs fries.

>I agree. But if that's all you've had.....
>
>But when I think of Belgium I think of pastries.
>
>http://www.richardfisher.com

And chocolates
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/6/2016 7:11 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> I am stunned every time I see someone posting that they like McDs fries.

**** off you tasteless canucklehead lugnut!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/6/2016 7:21 AM, Gary wrote:
>> I am stunned every time I see
>> > someone posting that they like McDs fries.

> I am stunned that you are stunned. McD's fries are VERY tasty. Didn't
> you mention that you haven't been there in like 20 years though? How
> would you know?

Guts Griping LIVES to insult all things American.

It is who he and most Canuckleheads are.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cloudbuster" > wrote in message
> On 5/6/2016 2:33 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> The garlic rosemary fries at Smashburger are covered with minced
>>> garlic and chopped rosemary.
>>>
>>> They are every bit as good as they look:
>>>
>>> http://smashburger.com/eat/menu/

>> Oh, that won't open for me

> Drat!
>
>>> Our signature fries are tossed in Italian olive oil, rosemary & garlic.

>> I've never bought premade so you will have to indulge me here, is the
>> flavouring sprinkled on after they are fried? I suppose it must be or
>> it would come off in the oil

> Smashburger is a chain restaurant, so their fries are cut fresh and then
> sprinkled.
>
> And they are really good.
>
> Another pic:
>
> http://s3-media2.fl.yelpcdn.com/bpho...NUjYOYtw/o.jpg
>
> Now that's a burger platter with smash fries!
>
>> The only thing that is sprinkled on mine is salt and vinegar and husband
>> likes tomato ketchup.

> Salt and vinegar are aces!
>
> And here it is traditional to douse them with green chili and melted
> cheese.
>
> The latter is fine as long as it is not that plastic-textured Velveeta
> stuff.

Hey, whatever floats your boat)))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> On 5/6/2016 9:11 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> > I am stunned every time I see someone posting that they like McDs fries.

> The fries are about the only thing McDonald's does well, IMHO.

Those $1.00 cheddar and onion hamburgers are really good. sf likes
them too. They are no longer on the menu here but they do still offer
them if you know about them and ask for them. Those are darn tasty. No
condiments required.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mr.E" wrote:

> The McD breakfast burrito beats the BK Hash Brown thing IMHO.
> --
> Mr.E

The McD hash browns are so tasty to me. Very greasy but good for the
taste buds. They used to sell them 2/$1.00 but I haven't been there in
a long time so I don't know if that price is still right.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cloudbuster wrote:

> Another pic:
>
> http://s3-media2.fl.yelpcdn.com/bpho...NUjYOYtw/o.jpg
>
> Now that's a burger platter with smash fries!

That's a plan. Just add tons more pepper to the fries and I'm in.

I like fries two ways. Ophy's method of malt vinegar and salt.
Or my way...plenty of salt and 10x the pepper.
I seriously like to blacken fries with pepper.

I rarely add ketchup. Would you put that on mashed potatoes?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/6/2016 8:50 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Cloudbuster" > wrote in message

>>> Oh, that won't open for me

>> Drat!

>>> I've never bought premade so you will have to indulge me here, is the
>>> flavouring sprinkled on after they are fried? I suppose it must be or
>>> it would come off in the oil

>> Smashburger is a chain restaurant, so their fries are cut fresh and
>> then sprinkled.
>>
>> And they are really good.
>>
>> Another pic:
>>
>> http://s3-media2.fl.yelpcdn.com/bpho...NUjYOYtw/o.jpg
>>
>> Now that's a burger platter with smash fries!
>>
>>> The only thing that is sprinkled on mine is salt and vinegar and husband
>>> likes tomato ketchup.

>> Salt and vinegar are aces!
>>
>> And here it is traditional to douse them with green chili and melted
>> cheese.
>>
>> The latter is fine as long as it is not that plastic-textured Velveeta
>> stuff.

> Hey, whatever floats your boat)))

It's a regional constant.

And it's really tasty.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/6/2016 10:55 AM, Gary wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> On 5/6/2016 9:11 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> I am stunned every time I see someone posting that they like McDs fries.

>> The fries are about the only thing McDonald's does well, IMHO.

> Those $1.00 cheddar and onion hamburgers are really good. sf likes
> them too. They are no longer on the menu here but they do still offer
> them if you know about them and ask for them. Those are darn tasty. No
> condiments required.

I never tried those burgers. One other thing about McD's is this:
since I eat my burgers plain (hold everything, no pickles, no
condiments, sometimes cheese) they always had to cook them to order.
They couldn't just grab a pre-made burger that had been sitting under a
heat lamp.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/6/2016 9:07 AM, Gary wrote:
> Cloudbuster wrote:
>>
>> Another pic:
>>
>> http://s3-media2.fl.yelpcdn.com/bpho...NUjYOYtw/o.jpg
>>
>> Now that's a burger platter with smash fries!

> That's a plan. Just add tons more pepper to the fries and I'm in.

That you can do, and why not!

But it is a drive, DC or Raleigh are the only ones close to you.

:-(

> I like fries two ways. Ophy's method of malt vinegar and salt.

Me too, especially nice big sea salt flakes.

> Or my way...plenty of salt and 10x the pepper.
> I seriously like to blacken fries with pepper.

I can go with that, and I hope you like green peppercorns.

> I rarely add ketchup. Would you put that on mashed potatoes?

Lol, beats me!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/6/2016 9:18 AM, Gary wrote:

>>> I agree. But if that's all you've had.....
>>>
>>> But when I think of Belgium I think of pastries.

>>> http://www.richardfisher.com

>> And chocolates

> Hmmmm. I can safely say that I have never thought about
> Belgium....ever.

Now there's a "slug" of truth, LOL!

:-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 6, 2016 at 9:59:14 AM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:

> Alledgely, "French" fries originated in Belgium. Twice fried, if you
> want to get technical about it.
>
> Jill

Not from France as the traditional accompaniment to Chateaubriand?

http://www.richardfisher,com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> On 5/6/2016 10:55 AM, Gary wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote:

> >> The fries are about the only thing McDonald's does well, IMHO.

> > Those $1.00 cheddar and onion hamburgers are really good. sf likes
> > them too. They are no longer on the menu here but they do still offer
> > them if you know about them and ask for them. Those are darn tasty. No
> > condiments required.
> >

> I never tried those burgers.

They're good. Give one a try. No condiments...just onions and
cheddar. YUM