Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default FP parts

I got to thinking about the prices of appliance parts. They want $25
(or more!) fer a Cuisinart shredding disk.

I bet the damn thing is made in China and costs about 2 bits to
produce and they want me to give 'em a hundred times what it cost to
make. I'll hand-shred my fingers to the bone, first.

Greedy bastids!

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3 May 2016 14:24:38 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>I got to thinking about the prices of appliance parts. They want $25
>(or more!) fer a Cuisinart shredding disk.
>
>I bet the damn thing is made in China and costs about 2 bits to
>produce and they want me to give 'em a hundred times what it cost to
>make. I'll hand-shred my fingers to the bone, first.
>
>Greedy bastids!
>
>nb

Try Ebay, there are lots of them there. Even some made in Japan. And
they are not giving them away.
--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/3/2016 8:24 AM, notbob wrote:
> I got to thinking about the prices of appliance parts. They want $25
> (or more!) fer a Cuisinart shredding disk.
>
> I bet the damn thing is made in China and costs about 2 bits to
> produce and they want me to give 'em a hundred times what it cost to
> make. I'll hand-shred my fingers to the bone, first.
>
> Greedy bastids!
>
> nb

They still had to tool up, pay their supplier, then get it here, all
while keeping their business running.

I'd say it's not a bad deal at all.

So how's half that price sound?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cuisinart-DL... 30zDOGVda8WQw

Cuisinart DLC-7 Food Processor Disc Slicing Shredding French Fry
Julienne Stem

99.5% Positive feedback

Item condition:Used
“They appear new and unused.”
Type:
Quantity:

1
2 available / 5 sold
Price:US $12.00

Or:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CUISINART-DL...AOSwiYFXIRm p

CUISINART DLC 834 Fine Shredding DLC-8 DISC

Item condition:Used
“Sharp”
Price:US $10.00
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-05-03 10:41 AM, Cloudbuster wrote:
> On 5/3/2016 8:24 AM, notbob wrote:
>> I got to thinking about the prices of appliance parts. They want $25
>> (or more!) fer a Cuisinart shredding disk.
>>
>> I bet the damn thing is made in China and costs about 2 bits to
>> produce and they want me to give 'em a hundred times what it cost to
>> make. I'll hand-shred my fingers to the bone, first.
>>
>> Greedy bastids!
>>
>> nb
>>

> They still had to tool up, pay their supplier, then get it here, all
> while keeping their business running.

It's not like they tool up for a small order. They makes lots extra
when they initial product run is done. The big cost is probably shipping
and packaging, brokerage fees, more shipping, promotion.... and having
you by the short and curlies.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 3 May 2016 11:40:22 -0400, Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2016-05-03 10:41 AM, Cloudbuster wrote:
>> On 5/3/2016 8:24 AM, notbob wrote:
>>> I got to thinking about the prices of appliance parts. They want $25
>>> (or more!) fer a Cuisinart shredding disk.
>>>
>>> I bet the damn thing is made in China and costs about 2 bits to
>>> produce and they want me to give 'em a hundred times what it cost to
>>> make. I'll hand-shred my fingers to the bone, first.
>>>
>>> Greedy bastids!

>> They still had to tool up, pay their supplier, then get it here, all
>> while keeping their business running.

> It's not like they tool up for a small order. They makes lots extra
> when they initial product run is done. The big cost is probably shipping
> and packaging, brokerage fees, more shipping, promotion.... and having
> you by the short and curlies.

Aren't you the one always bitching about people replying to the casa
boner troll?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 3 May 2016 10:55:06 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On 3 May 2016 14:24:38 GMT, notbob wrote:
>
>> I got to thinking about the prices of appliance parts. They want $25
>> (or more!) fer a Cuisinart shredding disk.
>>
>> I bet the damn thing is made in China and costs about 2 bits to
>> produce and they want me to give 'em a hundred times what it cost to
>> make.

>Didn't we already go through this once a few weeks ago? (that's a
>rhetorical question).
>
>> I'll hand-shred my fingers to the bone, first.

>And that was one of the suggestions.
>
>-sw

I can shred cabbage faster and much better than the coozinart
processor with my 12" carbon steel chefs knife... by the time you
slice a cabbage into small wedges to fit the feed tube and cut out the
cores I'm cleaning up and my clean up is like a no brainer, a quick
rinse and towel dry... oh, and I gotta toss the core and tough outter
leaves outside for the critters. Sometimes I cut the sweet heart from
the core and it becomes cook's treat. I got rid of a top of the line
coozinart many years ago, gave the messy POS away.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/3/2016 11:40 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2016-05-03 10:41 AM, Cloudbuster wrote:

>> They still had to tool up, pay their supplier, then get it here, all
>> while keeping their business running.

> It's not like they tool up for a small order. They makes lots extra
> when they initial product run is done. The big cost is probably shipping
> and packaging, brokerage fees, more shipping, promotion.... and having
> you by the short and curlies.

I have bought truly small items and not been aware it would be
coming from China on a slow boat. I'm talking under $10, more
like $5. Free shipping.

Seems it doesn't cost much at all to bring mail over on a
cargo ship, and I would think small boxes would be the same.
Not like they're sending a ship for that one item.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/3/2016 9:40 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2016-05-03 10:41 AM, Cloudbuster wrote:
>> On 5/3/2016 8:24 AM, notbob wrote:
>>> I got to thinking about the prices of appliance parts. They want $25
>>> (or more!) fer a Cuisinart shredding disk.
>>>
>>> I bet the damn thing is made in China and costs about 2 bits to
>>> produce and they want me to give 'em a hundred times what it cost to
>>> make. I'll hand-shred my fingers to the bone, first.
>>>
>>> Greedy bastids!
>>>
>>> nb
>>>

>> They still had to tool up, pay their supplier, then get it here, all
>> while keeping their business running.

> It's not like they tool up for a small order.

So?

> They makes lots extra
> when they initial product run is done.

Models change regularly.

> The big cost is probably shipping
> and packaging, brokerage fees, more shipping, promotion.... and having
> you by the short and curlies.

Sort of like how almost anything you buy has proprietary parts?

I bet you don't complain about having to use a Maytag part for Maytag
washer, or give it's you...you probably do.

Point is, $25 for a stainless steel shredding disk and shaft is not spendy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/3/2016 9:58 AM, Brad Letourneau wrote:
> On Tue, 3 May 2016 11:40:22 -0400, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> They still had to tool up, pay their supplier, then get it here, all
>>> while keeping their business running.

>> It's not like they tool up for a small order. They makes lots extra
>> when they initial product run is done. The big cost is probably shipping
>> and packaging, brokerage fees, more shipping, promotion.... and having
>> you by the short and curlies.

> Aren't you the one always bitching about people replying to the casa
> boner troll?

Oh lookie, guff from the peanut gallery!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/3/2016 10:46 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> I can shred cabbage faster and much better than the coozinart
> processor with my 12" carbon steel chefs knife...

You can brag better and faster than ANYONE here.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/3/2016 8:00 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 5/3/2016 11:40 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2016-05-03 10:41 AM, Cloudbuster wrote:

>>> They still had to tool up, pay their supplier, then get it here, all
>>> while keeping their business running.

>> It's not like they tool up for a small order. They makes lots extra
>> when they initial product run is done. The big cost is probably shipping
>> and packaging, brokerage fees, more shipping, promotion.... and having
>> you by the short and curlies.

> I have bought truly small items and not been aware it would be
> coming from China on a slow boat. I'm talking under $10, more
> like $5. Free shipping.
>
> Seems it doesn't cost much at all to bring mail over on a
> cargo ship, and I would think small boxes would be the same.
> Not like they're sending a ship for that one item.
>
> nancy

I get a lot of VW parts from China. The Audi 1.8T engine is so
ubiquitous that parts for it are dirt cheap. I bought a digital switch
for a Passat gas door for six bucks. It looked fine but the part was
made in the Czech Republic. It's cheaper for the Chinese to just buy the
parts rather then make 'em.

The part came with a most charming comic book insert that shows an
ancient Chinese messenger and his faithful monkey servant starting out
to deliver the VW switch to my door.

"Wukong, our mission is to deliver this item to the buyer. It will be
and hard and long trip."

The second picture shows that the journey is a difficult one. They have
to go up mountains and through snow. The monkey says:

"Are you all right?"

"Yes, the item is fine!"

The third panel shows the part being delivered to a rather swarthy
looking fellow with an Elvis hair style in India or maybe Austria.

"Here is your item from China."

"Thank you so much!"

The final panel requests that I give positive feedback. After all that,
I'd be a terrible person not to give them top ratings. It's the least I
can do.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/3/2016 2:37 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Tue, 3 May 2016 14:00:01 -0400, Nancy Young wrote:

>> Seems it doesn't cost much at all to bring mail over on a
>> cargo ship, and I would think small boxes would be the same.
>> Not like they're sending a ship for that one item.

> Most of my little stuff I've ordered form Amazon that comes from China
> comes DHL Worldwide and then they hand it off to the post office for
> delivery. It generally gets from China to the U.S. quicker than it
> takes the post office to deliver it within the U.S. I'm pretty sure
> most of the little stuff comes by air rather than cargo ship.

That hasn't been my experience. My first clue is when I see the
estimated arrival date and it's a good 3 weeks out. Then the item
doesn't arrive until almost then.

That is a long time to wait when you're accustomed to 2 or 3 day
delivery.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/3/2016 3:20 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 5/3/2016 8:00 AM, Nancy Young wrote:

>> I have bought truly small items and not been aware it would be
>> coming from China on a slow boat. I'm talking under $10, more
>> like $5. Free shipping.

> I get a lot of VW parts from China.

Of course, China! Not Germany.

>The Audi 1.8T engine is so
> ubiquitous that parts for it are dirt cheap. I bought a digital switch
> for a Passat gas door for six bucks. It looked fine but the part was
> made in the Czech Republic. It's cheaper for the Chinese to just buy the
> parts rather then make 'em.

Go figure, I thought the idea is it's cheaper to make stuff in China.

> The part came with a most charming comic book insert that shows an
> ancient Chinese messenger and his faithful monkey servant starting out
> to deliver the VW switch to my door.
>
> "Wukong, our mission is to deliver this item to the buyer. It will be
> and hard and long trip."
>
> The second picture shows that the journey is a difficult one. They have
> to go up mountains and through snow. The monkey says:
>
> "Are you all right?"
>
> "Yes, the item is fine!"
>
> The third panel shows the part being delivered to a rather swarthy
> looking fellow with an Elvis hair style in India or maybe Austria.
>
> "Here is your item from China."
>
> "Thank you so much!"
>
> The final panel requests that I give positive feedback. After all that,
> I'd be a terrible person not to give them top ratings. It's the least I
> can do.

That's just hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/3/2016 1:20 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 5/3/2016 8:00 AM, Nancy Young wrote:

>>> It's not like they tool up for a small order. They makes lots extra
>>> when they initial product run is done. The big cost is probably shipping
>>> and packaging, brokerage fees, more shipping, promotion.... and having
>>> you by the short and curlies.

>> I have bought truly small items and not been aware it would be
>> coming from China on a slow boat. I'm talking under $10, more
>> like $5. Free shipping.
>>
>> Seems it doesn't cost much at all to bring mail over on a
>> cargo ship, and I would think small boxes would be the same.
>> Not like they're sending a ship for that one item.
>>
>> nancy
>>

> I get a lot of VW parts from China. The Audi 1.8T engine is so
> ubiquitous that parts for it are dirt cheap. I bought a digital switch
> for a Passat gas door for six bucks. It looked fine but the part was
> made in the Czech Republic. It's cheaper for the Chinese to just buy the
> parts rather then make 'em.
>
> The part came with a most charming comic book insert that shows an
> ancient Chinese messenger and his faithful monkey servant starting out
> to deliver the VW switch to my door.
>
> "Wukong, our mission is to deliver this item to the buyer. It will be
> and hard and long trip."
>
> The second picture shows that the journey is a difficult one. They have
> to go up mountains and through snow. The monkey says:
>
> "Are you all right?"
>
> "Yes, the item is fine!"
>
> The third panel shows the part being delivered to a rather swarthy
> looking fellow with an Elvis hair style in India or maybe Austria.
>
> "Here is your item from China."
>
> "Thank you so much!"
>
> The final panel requests that I give positive feedback. After all that,
> I'd be a terrible person not to give them top ratings. It's the least I
> can do.

WOW!

I would love to see a pic of that insert, that's just whimsical times ten!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-05-03 3:27 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 5/3/2016 2:37 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Tue, 3 May 2016 14:00:01 -0400, Nancy Young wrote:

>>> Seems it doesn't cost much at all to bring mail over on a
>>> cargo ship, and I would think small boxes would be the same.
>>> Not like they're sending a ship for that one item.

>> Most of my little stuff I've ordered form Amazon that comes from China
>> comes DHL Worldwide and then they hand it off to the post office for
>> delivery. It generally gets from China to the U.S. quicker than it
>> takes the post office to deliver it within the U.S. I'm pretty sure
>> most of the little stuff comes by air rather than cargo ship.

> That hasn't been my experience. My first clue is when I see the
> estimated arrival date and it's a good 3 weeks out. Then the item
> doesn't arrive until almost then.
>
> That is a long time to wait when you're accustomed to 2 or 3 day
> delivery.

I tend to be impressed with delivery times. I think they highball the
quesstimated delivery time so people will be happier when it arrives
early. I did an online course with a test for a certification last
Monday. They said my certificate would come in about 4 weeks. It arrived
yesterday, only one week.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/3/2016 9:31 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 5/3/2016 3:20 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>> On 5/3/2016 8:00 AM, Nancy Young wrote:

>>> I have bought truly small items and not been aware it would be
>>> coming from China on a slow boat. I'm talking under $10, more
>>> like $5. Free shipping.

>> I get a lot of VW parts from China.

> Of course, China! Not Germany.
>
> >The Audi 1.8T engine is so
>> ubiquitous that parts for it are dirt cheap. I bought a digital switch
>> for a Passat gas door for six bucks. It looked fine but the part was
>> made in the Czech Republic. It's cheaper for the Chinese to just buy the
>> parts rather then make 'em.

> Go figure, I thought the idea is it's cheaper to make stuff in China.
>>
>> The part came with a most charming comic book insert that shows an
>> ancient Chinese messenger and his faithful monkey servant starting out
>> to deliver the VW switch to my door.
>>
>> "Wukong, our mission is to deliver this item to the buyer. It will be
>> and hard and long trip."
>>
>> The second picture shows that the journey is a difficult one. They have
>> to go up mountains and through snow. The monkey says:
>>
>> "Are you all right?"
>>
>> "Yes, the item is fine!"
>>
>> The third panel shows the part being delivered to a rather swarthy
>> looking fellow with an Elvis hair style in India or maybe Austria.
>>
>> "Here is your item from China."
>>
>> "Thank you so much!"
>>
>> The final panel requests that I give positive feedback. After all that,
>> I'd be a terrible person not to give them top ratings. It's the least I
>> can do.

> That's just hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.
>
> nancy

I know it's just a silly cartoon but I can't shake the feeling that they
went through an awful lot of trouble for little ole me. Hee hee.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/3/2016 9:33 AM, Cloudbuster wrote:
> On 5/3/2016 1:20 PM, dsi1 wrote:

>>> I have bought truly small items and not been aware it would be
>>> coming from China on a slow boat. I'm talking under $10, more
>>> like $5. Free shipping.
>>>
>>> Seems it doesn't cost much at all to bring mail over on a
>>> cargo ship, and I would think small boxes would be the same.
>>> Not like they're sending a ship for that one item.
>>>
>>> nancy
>>>

>> I get a lot of VW parts from China. The Audi 1.8T engine is so
>> ubiquitous that parts for it are dirt cheap. I bought a digital switch
>> for a Passat gas door for six bucks. It looked fine but the part was
>> made in the Czech Republic. It's cheaper for the Chinese to just buy the
>> parts rather then make 'em.
>>
>> The part came with a most charming comic book insert that shows an
>> ancient Chinese messenger and his faithful monkey servant starting out
>> to deliver the VW switch to my door.
>>
>> "Wukong, our mission is to deliver this item to the buyer. It will be
>> and hard and long trip."
>>
>> The second picture shows that the journey is a difficult one. They have
>> to go up mountains and through snow. The monkey says:
>>
>> "Are you all right?"
>>
>> "Yes, the item is fine!"
>>
>> The third panel shows the part being delivered to a rather swarthy
>> looking fellow with an Elvis hair style in India or maybe Austria.
>>
>> "Here is your item from China."
>>
>> "Thank you so much!"
>>
>> The final panel requests that I give positive feedback. After all that,
>> I'd be a terrible person not to give them top ratings. It's the least I
>> can do.

> WOW!
>
> I would love to see a pic of that insert, that's just whimsical times ten!

Okey dokey.

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...l7uWisqHSQn9Q?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/3/2016 1:55 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 5/3/2016 9:33 AM, Cloudbuster wrote:

>>> I get a lot of VW parts from China. The Audi 1.8T engine is so
>>> ubiquitous that parts for it are dirt cheap. I bought a digital switch
>>> for a Passat gas door for six bucks. It looked fine but the part was
>>> made in the Czech Republic. It's cheaper for the Chinese to just buy the
>>> parts rather then make 'em.
>>>
>>> The part came with a most charming comic book insert that shows an
>>> ancient Chinese messenger and his faithful monkey servant starting out
>>> to deliver the VW switch to my door.
>>>
>>> "Wukong, our mission is to deliver this item to the buyer. It will be
>>> and hard and long trip."
>>>
>>> The second picture shows that the journey is a difficult one. They have
>>> to go up mountains and through snow. The monkey says:
>>>
>>> "Are you all right?"
>>>
>>> "Yes, the item is fine!"
>>>
>>> The third panel shows the part being delivered to a rather swarthy
>>> looking fellow with an Elvis hair style in India or maybe Austria.
>>>
>>> "Here is your item from China."
>>>
>>> "Thank you so much!"
>>>
>>> The final panel requests that I give positive feedback. After all that,
>>> I'd be a terrible person not to give them top ratings. It's the least I
>>> can do.

>> WOW!
>>
>> I would love to see a pic of that insert, that's just whimsical times
>> ten!

> Okey dokey.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...l7uWisqHSQn9Q?

Wow, thank you!

That is just the coolest insert ever.

I wonder who "Alice" is...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/3/2016 9:57 AM, Cloudbuster wrote:
> On 5/3/2016 1:55 PM, dsi1 wrote:

>>> WOW!
>>>
>>> I would love to see a pic of that insert, that's just whimsical times
>>> ten!

>> Okey dokey.
>>
>> https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...l7uWisqHSQn9Q?
>>

> Wow, thank you!
>
> That is just the coolest insert ever.
>
> I wonder who "Alice" is...

Oh, you're wondering about that too? Hee hee.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 5/3/2016 9:33 AM, Cloudbuster wrote:

>>> I get a lot of VW parts from China. The Audi 1.8T engine is so
>>> ubiquitous that parts for it are dirt cheap. I bought a digital switch
>>> for a Passat gas door for six bucks. It looked fine but the part was
>>> made in the Czech Republic. It's cheaper for the Chinese to just buy the
>>> parts rather then make 'em.
>>>
>>> The part came with a most charming comic book insert that shows an
>>> ancient Chinese messenger and his faithful monkey servant starting out
>>> to deliver the VW switch to my door.
>>>
>>> "Wukong, our mission is to deliver this item to the buyer. It will be
>>> and hard and long trip."
>>>
>>> The second picture shows that the journey is a difficult one. They have
>>> to go up mountains and through snow. The monkey says:
>>>
>>> "Are you all right?"
>>>
>>> "Yes, the item is fine!"
>>>
>>> The third panel shows the part being delivered to a rather swarthy
>>> looking fellow with an Elvis hair style in India or maybe Austria.
>>>
>>> "Here is your item from China."
>>>
>>> "Thank you so much!"
>>>
>>> The final panel requests that I give positive feedback. After all that,
>>> I'd be a terrible person not to give them top ratings. It's the least I
>>> can do.

>> WOW!
>>
>> I would love to see a pic of that insert, that's just whimsical times
>> ten!

> Okey dokey.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...l7uWisqHSQn9Q?

LOL I love it)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 3 May 2016 13:37:37 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Tue, 3 May 2016 14:00:01 -0400, Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> I have bought truly small items and not been aware it would be
>> coming from China on a slow boat. I'm talking under $10, more
>> like $5. Free shipping.
>>
>> Seems it doesn't cost much at all to bring mail over on a
>> cargo ship, and I would think small boxes would be the same.
>> Not like they're sending a ship for that one item.

>Most of my little stuff I've ordered form Amazon that comes from China
>comes DHL Worldwide and then they hand it off to the post office for
>delivery. It generally gets from China to the U.S. quicker than it
>takes the post office to deliver it within the U.S. I'm pretty sure
>most of the little stuff comes by air rather than cargo ship.
>
>-sw

Absolutely, most smaller (lighter weight) items are shipped
containerized via Air Frieght... UPS maintains a huge air fleet, as do
other carriers.
http://247wallst.com/retail/2016/03/...ight-business/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/3/2016 10:28 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message

>>> WOW!
>>>
>>> I would love to see a pic of that insert, that's just whimsical times
>>> ten!

>> Okey dokey.
>>
>> https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...l7uWisqHSQn9Q?
>>

> LOL I love it)

If I had a monkey servant, I'd pay him peanuts - literally.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/3/2016 8:06 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Tue, 3 May 2016 15:27:10 -0400, Nancy Young wrote:

>> That hasn't been my experience. My first clue is when I see the
>> estimated arrival date and it's a good 3 weeks out. Then the item
>> doesn't arrive until almost then.
>>
>> That is a long time to wait when you're accustomed to 2 or 3 day
>> delivery.

> The three things I've ordered from Amazon that say they ship from
> China have all been less than 4 ounces and fit into smallish padded
> envelops. They said 7-10 days and I got them in 6-10 days.

I have one example except I didn't mark down when I received it.
You'll have to believe me that it was easily three weeks later.

Magnetic necklace connectors, package of 5. Very small item,
they would all fit together on a quarter. Shipped on 3/26,
estimated arrival April 20 to May 6. I got them towards at the end of
April, a very small envelope.

I really thought, seriously, April 20th? They'll be here
before then! I was wrong. You can see why I don't picture it
took a plane.

That's the second time that happened to me and I thought I really
need to pay more attention when I'm ordering, how long will it
take.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 3 May 2016 14:00:01 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

> I have bought truly small items and not been aware it would be
> coming from China on a slow boat. I'm talking under $10, more
> like $5. Free shipping.
>
> Seems it doesn't cost much at all to bring mail over on a
> cargo ship, and I would think small boxes would be the same.
> Not like they're sending a ship for that one item.

I shipped a rug from Tibet and it wasn't very expensive to do.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 3 May 2016 15:27:10 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

> On 5/3/2016 2:37 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> > On Tue, 3 May 2016 14:00:01 -0400, Nancy Young wrote:

> >> Seems it doesn't cost much at all to bring mail over on a
> >> cargo ship, and I would think small boxes would be the same.
> >> Not like they're sending a ship for that one item.

> > Most of my little stuff I've ordered form Amazon that comes from China
> > comes DHL Worldwide and then they hand it off to the post office for
> > delivery. It generally gets from China to the U.S. quicker than it
> > takes the post office to deliver it within the U.S. I'm pretty sure
> > most of the little stuff comes by air rather than cargo ship.

> That hasn't been my experience. My first clue is when I see the
> estimated arrival date and it's a good 3 weeks out. Then the item
> doesn't arrive until almost then.
>
> That is a long time to wait when you're accustomed to 2 or 3 day
> delivery.

Ya big baby.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 5/3/2016 10:28 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> Okey dokey.
>>>
>>> https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...l7uWisqHSQn9Q?
>>>

>> LOL I love it)
>>

> If I had a monkey servant, I'd pay him peanuts - literally.

Of course, what else would a monkey want? )

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/4/2016 9:23 AM, sf wrote:
> On Tue, 3 May 2016 15:27:10 -0400, Nancy Young

>> That hasn't been my experience. My first clue is when I see the
>> estimated arrival date and it's a good 3 weeks out. Then the item
>> doesn't arrive until almost then.
>>
>> That is a long time to wait when you're accustomed to 2 or 3 day
>> delivery.
>>

> Ya big baby.

Wah! Wah! (laugh)

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/3/2016 6:26 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 5/3/2016 10:28 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> Okey dokey.
>>>
>>> https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...l7uWisqHSQn9Q?
>>>

>> LOL I love it)
>>

> If I had a monkey servant, I'd pay him peanuts - literally.

Wait now, this IS the year of the monkey on the Chinese calendar - he
deserves at least lychee nuts.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/4/2016 8:45 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message

>>> LOL I love it)
>>>

>> If I had a monkey servant, I'd pay him peanuts - literally.

> Of course, what else would a monkey want? )

Lychee nuts!!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cloudbuster" > wrote in message
> On 5/4/2016 8:45 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> If I had a monkey servant, I'd pay him peanuts - literally.

>> Of course, what else would a monkey want? )
>>

> Lychee nuts!!!!

I will take our word for that since they are not something I know about

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/4/2016 9:45 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Cloudbuster" > wrote in message

>>> Of course, what else would a monkey want? )
>>>

>> Lychee nuts!!!!

> I will take our word for that since they are not something I know about

http://foodfacts.mercola.com/lychee.html

Sometimes known as "litchi" or a similar spelling variation, the exotic
lychee fruit is from the soapberry family. The evergreen trees they grow
on can reach 100 feet, and produce red or pale orange fruits with a
tough, "bumpy," easily peeled skin resembling large raspberries. Each
contains white flesh and a single, large, inedible seed, which makes
this fruit a drupe. Lychee is juicy with a distinctive, slightly acidic
fragrance and flavor, comparable to grapes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cloudbuster" > wrote in message
> On 5/4/2016 9:45 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> Lychee nuts!!!!

>> I will take our word for that since they are not something I know about
>>

> http://foodfacts.mercola.com/lychee.html
>
> Sometimes known as "litchi" or a similar spelling variation, the exotic
> lychee fruit is from the soapberry family. The evergreen trees they grow
> on can reach 100 feet, and produce red or pale orange fruits with a tough,
> "bumpy," easily peeled skin resembling large raspberries. Each contains
> white flesh and a single, large, inedible seed, which makes this fruit a
> drupe. Lychee is juicy with a distinctive, slightly acidic fragrance and
> flavor, comparable to grapes.

Thank you I've heard of lychee fruit (although I've never seen one) but
not lychee nuts

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/4/2016 10:48 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Cloudbuster" > wrote in message

>>> I will take our word for that since they are not something I know
>>> about
>>>

>> http://foodfacts.mercola.com/lychee.html
>>
>> Sometimes known as "litchi" or a similar spelling variation, the
>> exotic lychee fruit is from the soapberry family. The evergreen trees
>> they grow on can reach 100 feet, and produce red or pale orange fruits
>> with a tough, "bumpy," easily peeled skin resembling large
>> raspberries. Each contains white flesh and a single, large, inedible
>> seed, which makes this fruit a drupe. Lychee is juicy with a
>> distinctive, slightly acidic fragrance and flavor, comparable to grapes.

> Thank you I've heard of lychee fruit (although I've never seen one)
> but not lychee nuts

It's a popular misnomer for the same item.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/4/2016 5:01 AM, Cloudbuster wrote:
> On 5/3/2016 6:26 PM, dsi1 wrote:

>>> LOL I love it)
>>>

>> If I had a monkey servant, I'd pay him peanuts - literally.

> Wait now, this IS the year of the monkey on the Chinese calendar - he
> deserves at least lychee nuts.

The only people around here that say "leechee nuts" is old Chinese guys.
Hoo boy!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/4/2016 2:20 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 5/4/2016 5:01 AM, Cloudbuster wrote:

>>> If I had a monkey servant, I'd pay him peanuts - literally.

>> Wait now, this IS the year of the monkey on the Chinese calendar - he
>> deserves at least lychee nuts.

> The only people around here that say "leechee nuts" is old Chinese guys.
> Hoo boy!

Ut oh...looks like you have my tutors sussed out...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cloudbuster" > wrote in message
> On 5/4/2016 10:48 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> http://foodfacts.mercola.com/lychee.html
>>>
>>> Sometimes known as "litchi" or a similar spelling variation, the
>>> exotic lychee fruit is from the soapberry family. The evergreen trees
>>> they grow on can reach 100 feet, and produce red or pale orange fruits
>>> with a tough, "bumpy," easily peeled skin resembling large
>>> raspberries. Each contains white flesh and a single, large, inedible
>>> seed, which makes this fruit a drupe. Lychee is juicy with a
>>> distinctive, slightly acidic fragrance and flavor, comparable to grapes.

>> Thank you I've heard of lychee fruit (although I've never seen one)
>> but not lychee nuts
>>

> It's a popular misnomer for the same item.

So ... are they not really nuts??

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Smokin parts Gene Barbecue 9 16-09-2009 04:42 AM
Was smokin parts. Now Done. Gene Barbecue 0 15-09-2009 01:19 AM
salvege used body parts auto body parts used used corestrev General Cooking 0 26-09-2008 10:27 AM
VITANTONIO PARTS [email protected] Cooking Equipment 0 10-03-2006 02:35 AM
Culinary Parts Nancy Young General Cooking 1 11-02-2004 07:34 PM