Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Mother's Day was [OT] Life after cell phone

On Fri, 6 May 2016 21:01:49 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

snip

>I have no special plans whatever. My mom's birthday is on Mon. so there
>will be a celebration then. But I may not be eating. I am not fond of the
>restaurant she chose. Some of the food is served on hubcaps and they have
>peanuts in the shell. You're supposed to throw the shells on the floor.
>IMO, the service is slow, the prices are high and the food is mediocre at
>best. But Angela liked whatever she ordered there. So I will go but I will
>plan not to eat unless my blood sugar is so low that I have no choice.

Julie, there is no point in making your mother unhappy with your
suffering. Why don't you give Angela some money and let her take
your mother to lunch. You could say that you have a stomach upset and
don't feel well. You've said that you don't really like to eat out
anyway so it would be a win/win for everyone.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default [OT] Life after cell phone

On Sat, 7 May 2016 11:37:05 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 5/7/2016 11:09 AM, sf wrote:
>> I know he wrote the Seinfeld show, but he should stick to writing
>> because he sucks as a comedian. In that sketch, Larry was the Jerry
>> character and the other guy was the George character. It's amazing
>> Curb Your Enthusiasm lasted so long, because my enthusiasm was
>> completely curbed. I tried a couple of times, but it was pure torture
>> to watch.

>I have to agree with you. Larry David belongs behind the scenes, not in
>front of the camera. Like you, it only took a couple of episodes for me
>to lose interest.
>
>Jill

I can't watch comedy shows. They're so 'look this is funny, you
should laugh now.'
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> The 'throwing peanut shells on the floor' thing actually sounds like
> it's mostly a bar or tavern place to go. At least in my area, all
> bars/taverns are required to sell a certain amount of food so they do
> that during lunch hours.

NY bars are required to serve food, not necessarily sell food...
bars/taverns will have bowls of snack foods on the bar and tables,
typically chips, pretzels, and the like, always salty snacks to
encourage drinking, they'd also sell pickled eggs and ring bologna.
Used to be bars offered an evening meal to patrons for free, maybe
some still, (mostly fresh caught seafood), but this was back when NY's
drinking age was 18 and draught beer cost 5¢ for a 12 oz glass... and
every fourth drink was on the house... could get plastered for a buck.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/7/2016 10:19 AM, Janet B wrote:
> On Fri, 6 May 2016 21:01:49 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
> snip
>>
>> I have no special plans whatever. My mom's birthday is on Mon. so there
>> will be a celebration then. But I may not be eating. I am not fond of the
>> restaurant she chose. Some of the food is served on hubcaps and they have
>> peanuts in the shell. You're supposed to throw the shells on the floor.
>> IMO, the service is slow, the prices are high and the food is mediocre at
>> best. But Angela liked whatever she ordered there. So I will go but I will
>> plan not to eat unless my blood sugar is so low that I have no choice.

> Julie, there is no point in making your mother unhappy with your
> suffering. Why don't you give Angela some money and let her take
> your mother to lunch. You could say that you have a stomach upset and
> don't feel well. You've said that you don't really like to eat out
> anyway so it would be a win/win for everyone.
> Janet US

That's a very thoughtful suggestion Janet, good for you.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/7/2016 10:34 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Gary wrote:
>>
>> The 'throwing peanut shells on the floor' thing actually sounds like
>> it's mostly a bar or tavern place to go. At least in my area, all
>> bars/taverns are required to sell a certain amount of food so they do
>> that during lunch hours.

> NY bars are required to serve food, not necessarily sell food...
> bars/taverns will have bowls of snack foods on the bar and tables,
> typically chips, pretzels, and the like, always salty snacks to
> encourage drinking, they'd also sell pickled eggs and ring bologna.
> Used to be bars offered an evening meal to patrons for free, maybe
> some still, (mostly fresh caught seafood), but this was back when NY's
> drinking age was 18 and draught beer cost 5¢ for a 12 oz glass... and
> every fourth drink was on the house... could get plastered for a buck.

Not such a long journey from that to the Crystal Palace, was it?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet B wrote:

>I can't watch comedy shows. They're so 'look this is funny, you
>should laugh now.'
>Janet US

I used to like comedy shows, like Jackie Gleason, Red Skelton, Jack
Benny, even Milton Berle... but I don't find any of today's so-called
comics funny/entertaining on any level. I used to enjoy TV programs
but no more, not for a long time now... aside from Nat Geo and some
News shows the best TV nowadays is Judge Judy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/7/2016 12:19 PM, Janet B wrote:
> On Fri, 6 May 2016 21:01:49 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
> snip
>>
>> I have no special plans whatever. My mom's birthday is on Mon. so there
>> will be a celebration then. But I may not be eating. I am not fond of the
>> restaurant she chose. Some of the food is served on hubcaps and they have
>> peanuts in the shell. You're supposed to throw the shells on the floor.
>> IMO, the service is slow, the prices are high and the food is mediocre at
>> best. But Angela liked whatever she ordered there. So I will go but I will
>> plan not to eat unless my blood sugar is so low that I have no choice.

> Julie, there is no point in making your mother unhappy with your
> suffering.

I have to wonder how one equates eating out/spending time with her
mother on her birthday with suffering. She makes it sound like a chore.
She's determined not to find anything on the menu she can (or will)
eat. Just so everyone will pay attention to her objecting to the food.
Sheesh.

> Why don't you give Angela some money and let her take
> your mother to lunch. You could say that you have a stomach upset and
> don't feel well.

That wouldn't be far from the truth. She can't seem to enjoy food
unless it comes from cans, a Tex-Mex place or a taqueria.

> You've said that you don't really like to eat out
> anyway so it would be a win/win for everyone.
> Janet US

I do hope her mother appreciates her grandaughter wanting to spend the
birthday with her grandma. She's not sounding picky about grandma's
choice of restaurant.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/7/2016 11:12 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Janet B wrote:
>>
>> I can't watch comedy shows. They're so 'look this is funny, you
>> should laugh now.'
>> Janet US

> I used to like comedy shows, like Jackie Gleason, Red Skelton, Jack
> Benny, even Milton Berle... but I don't find any of today's so-called
> comics funny/entertaining on any level. I used to enjoy TV programs
> but no more, not for a long time now... aside from Nat Geo and some
> News shows the best TV nowadays is Judge Judy.

What a bizarre thing to like.

She's a flinty kvetcher, and her defendants are generally kooks.

I'd rather watch dogs chasing their tails.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/7/2016 12:23 AM, Janet B wrote:
> On Fri, 06 May 2016 19:56:08 -0700, sf > wrote:

>> I watched A Walk in the Woods last night. It wasn't a comedy, but it
>> made me laugh out loud more than once.

> I checked it out. I remember seeing the coming attractions for it. I
> can get it through Amazon. I'll try it this weekend

Oh, I wanted to see that! I'll be watching that this week.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/7/2016 7:11 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 5/7/2016 12:01 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

>> I have no special plans whatever. My mom's birthday is on Mon. so there
>> will be a celebration then. But I may not be eating. I am not fond of
>> the restaurant she chose. Some of the food is served on hubcaps and
>> they have peanuts in the shell. You're supposed to throw the shells on
>> the floor.

> Not my kind of place either.

You'd probably not spoil the day with your mother by sitting
there not eating. Just a hunch.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 07 May 2016 10:09:41 -0600, Janet B >
wrote:

>On Sat, 7 May 2016 10:58:02 -0500, Sqwertz >
>wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 7 May 2016 10:32:30 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> John and I ate in a place like that in... hmmm, I think we were in
>>> Lenexa, Kansas. The food wasn't served in hub caps (!) but yes, every
>>> table had a bucket of peanuts in the shell and yes, people tossed the
>>> shells on the hardwood floor. I slipped and fell because of a stupid
>>> peanut shell. Fortunately I wasn't hurt. The manager immediately came
>>> over, mostly to make sure I didn't plan to sue them. It's a ridiculous
>>> idea and an unsafe practice.

>>And I assure you it's not a Texas thing. I have seen this in many
>>other places, mostly California, but never in Texas. Free peanuts -
>>yes. But encouraging shells on the floor - no.
>>
>>-sw

>the one bar here gave that practice up 30+ years ago. Had no idea
>that someplace still thought that was cutesy.
>Janet US

When I lived in Los Angeles during the '60s many taverns served
in-shell peanuts and expected the shells would be tossed on the floor.
I think the peanut shells on the floor evolved from people slipping on
the sawdust that used to be on drinking establishment floors, made it
easier to clean up spills and vomit. Butcher shops used to keep
sawdust on their floors to absorb blood. A lot of businesses still
use sweeping compound, sports arenas too. Sweeping compounds are very
absorbant plus they easily indicate the areas that have already been
swept. Food establishments use peanut shells like how many factories
and gas stations use cat litter.
http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page...g%20compo und
http://www.homedepot.com/p/ZEP-50-lb...EP50/202056504
http://www.floorsweep.net/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 07 May 2016 13:40:47 -0400, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

>On Sat, 07 May 2016 10:09:41 -0600, Janet B >
>wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 7 May 2016 10:58:02 -0500, Sqwertz >
>>wrote:

>>>And I assure you it's not a Texas thing. I have seen this in many
>>>other places, mostly California, but never in Texas. Free peanuts -
>>>yes. But encouraging shells on the floor - no.
>>>
>>>-sw

>>the one bar here gave that practice up 30+ years ago. Had no idea
>>that someplace still thought that was cutesy.
>>Janet US

>When I lived in Los Angeles during the '60s many taverns served
>in-shell peanuts and expected the shells would be tossed on the floor.
>I think the peanut shells on the floor evolved from people slipping on
>the sawdust that used to be on drinking establishment floors, made it
>easier to clean up spills and vomit. Butcher shops used to keep
>sawdust on their floors to absorb blood. A lot of businesses still
>use sweeping compound, sports arenas too. Sweeping compounds are very
>absorbant plus they easily indicate the areas that have already been
>swept. Food establishments use peanut shells like how many factories
>and gas stations use cat litter.
>http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page...g%20compo und
>http://www.homedepot.com/p/ZEP-50-lb...EP50/202056504
>http://www.floorsweep.net/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/7/2016 11:40 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
safe practice.

>>> And I assure you it's not a Texas thing. I have seen this in many
>>> other places, mostly California, but never in Texas. Free peanuts -
>>> yes. But encouraging shells on the floor - no.
>>>
>>> -sw

>> the one bar here gave that practice up 30+ years ago. Had no idea
>> that someplace still thought that was cutesy.
>> Janet US

> When I lived in Los Angeles during the '60s many taverns served
> in-shell peanuts and expected the shells would be tossed on the floor.
> I think the peanut shells on the floor evolved from people slipping on
> the sawdust that used to be on drinking establishment floors, made it
> easier to clean up spills and vomit. Butcher shops used to keep
> sawdust on their floors to absorb blood. A lot of businesses still
> use sweeping compound, sports arenas too. Sweeping compounds are very
> absorbant plus they easily indicate the areas that have already been
> swept. Food establishments use peanut shells like how many factories
> and gas stations use cat litter.
> http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page...g%20compo und
> http://www.homedepot.com/p/ZEP-50-lb...EP50/202056504
> http://www.floorsweep.net/

You really know how to spread the manure around!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 08 May 2016 03:54:43 +1000, Bruce > wrote:

> On Sat, 07 May 2016 13:12:41 -0400, Brooklyn1
> > wrote:
>
> >Janet B wrote:
> >>
> >>I can't watch comedy shows. They're so 'look this is funny, you
> >>should laugh now.'
> >>Janet US

> >I used to like comedy shows, like Jackie Gleason, Red Skelton, Jack
> >Benny, even Milton Berle... but I don't find any of today's so-called
> >comics funny/entertaining on any level.

> That's because the world has moved on, but you haven't.

The Big Bang Theory and Mom are two of the best comedy shows on TV
now. A non-comedy show I like is Elementary (CBS). You have to pay
attention to it; no diddling on the computer with one ear on the TV,
or you'll miss something major and have to hit replay.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 08 May 2016 03:53:03 +1000, Bruce > wrote:

> Larry was himself and the other character was just that. Another
> character. For some reason you keep trying to force that scene into a
> Seinfeld mould. Forget Seinfeld. There is no Seinfeld.

How could I forget Seinfeld when that's what the scene screamed?

--

sf

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Julie Bove wrote:

>> > Not my kind of place either.

>> I don't get the appeal.

> The 'throwing peanut shells on the floor' thing actually sounds like
> it's mostly a bar or tavern place to go. At least in my area, all
> bars/taverns are required to sell a certain amount of food so they do
> that during lunch hours.

I think they do have a bar as well but this is also done in the restaurant.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 7 May 2016 13:29:39 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

> On 5/7/2016 12:23 AM, Janet B wrote:
> > On Fri, 06 May 2016 19:56:08 -0700, sf > wrote:

> >> I watched A Walk in the Woods last night. It wasn't a comedy, but it
> >> made me laugh out loud more than once.

> > I checked it out. I remember seeing the coming attractions for it. I
> > can get it through Amazon. I'll try it this weekend

> Oh, I wanted to see that! I'll be watching that this week.

If you haven't checked out the Academy award nominees, do it because
they're very good. The only one I didn't like was the winner. Hated
it. I left the room and did something else for the duration of that
one, which wouldn't have been an option if I'd been in a movie
theater.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 5/7/2016 10:24 AM, Gary wrote:
>> Julie Bove wrote:

>>> I don't get the appeal.

>> The 'throwing peanut shells on the floor' thing actually sounds like
>> it's mostly a bar or tavern place to go. At least in my area, all
>> bars/taverns are required to sell a certain amount of food so they do
>> that during lunch hours.
>>

> John and I ate in a place like that in... hmmm, I think we were in Lenexa,
> Kansas. The food wasn't served in hub caps (!) but yes, every table had a
> bucket of peanuts in the shell and yes, people tossed the shells on the
> hardwood floor. I slipped and fell because of a stupid peanut shell.
> Fortunately I wasn't hurt. The manager immediately came over, mostly to
> make sure I didn't plan to sue them. It's a ridiculous idea and an unsafe
> practice.

That was my fear. First time we were in, there were so many shells, I
couldn't avoid them. Now it looks like they sweep frequently.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/7/2016 3:27 PM, sf wrote:

> now. A non-comedy show I like is Elementary (CBS). You have to pay
> attention to it; no diddling on the computer with one ear on the TV,
> or you'll miss something major and have to hit replay.

I just love that show.

Amuses me to think 'Sherlock' was once married to Angelina Jolie,
for some reason.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 5/7/2016 12:01 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> My mom's birthday is on Mon. so there will be a celebration then. But I
>> may not be eating. I am not fond of the restaurant she chose.

> It's *her* birthday, Julie. Surely they have some sort of lettuce you
> could at least pretend to nibble on. Must you always sound like Debbie
> Downer?

Lettuce? They do have salad but it has carrots in it. Won't likely be at
my normal mealtime anyway. This is one reason why we stopped taking her to
dinner. She likes to space her meals two hours apart. I can't do that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet B" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 6 May 2016 21:01:49 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
> snip
>>
>>I have no special plans whatever. My mom's birthday is on Mon. so there
>>will be a celebration then. But I may not be eating. I am not fond of
>>the
>>restaurant she chose. Some of the food is served on hubcaps and they have
>>peanuts in the shell. You're supposed to throw the shells on the floor.
>>IMO, the service is slow, the prices are high and the food is mediocre at
>>best. But Angela liked whatever she ordered there. So I will go but I
>>will
>>plan not to eat unless my blood sugar is so low that I have no choice.

> Julie, there is no point in making your mother unhappy with your
> suffering. Why don't you give Angela some money and let her take
> your mother to lunch. You could say that you have a stomach upset and
> don't feel well. You've said that you don't really like to eat out
> anyway so it would be a win/win for everyone.
> Janet US

Why would she be unhappy? She doesn't care if I like it or not. And it's a
family thing. Other family members are not going to the meal part. It's no
big deal. And my mom is quite used to my not eating.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Biz Cochito" > wrote in message
> On 5/7/2016 10:19 AM, Janet B wrote:
>> On Fri, 6 May 2016 21:01:49 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> snip
>>>
>>> I have no special plans whatever. My mom's birthday is on Mon. so there
>>> will be a celebration then. But I may not be eating. I am not fond of
>>> the
>>> restaurant she chose. Some of the food is served on hubcaps and they
>>> have
>>> peanuts in the shell. You're supposed to throw the shells on the floor.
>>> IMO, the service is slow, the prices are high and the food is mediocre
>>> at
>>> best. But Angela liked whatever she ordered there. So I will go but I
>>> will
>>> plan not to eat unless my blood sugar is so low that I have no choice.

>> Julie, there is no point in making your mother unhappy with your
>> suffering. Why don't you give Angela some money and let her take
>> your mother to lunch. You could say that you have a stomach upset and
>> don't feel well. You've said that you don't really like to eat out
>> anyway so it would be a win/win for everyone.
>> Janet US
>>

> That's a very thoughtful suggestion Janet, good for you.

Hardly. Telling my that my stomach is upset when it isn't? Getting her
upset for nothing? I think not.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 5/7/2016 12:19 PM, Janet B wrote:
>> On Fri, 6 May 2016 21:01:49 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> snip
>>>
>>> I have no special plans whatever. My mom's birthday is on Mon. so there
>>> will be a celebration then. But I may not be eating. I am not fond of
>>> the
>>> restaurant she chose. Some of the food is served on hubcaps and they
>>> have
>>> peanuts in the shell. You're supposed to throw the shells on the floor.
>>> IMO, the service is slow, the prices are high and the food is mediocre
>>> at
>>> best. But Angela liked whatever she ordered there. So I will go but I
>>> will
>>> plan not to eat unless my blood sugar is so low that I have no choice.

>> Julie, there is no point in making your mother unhappy with your
>> suffering.

> I have to wonder how one equates eating out/spending time with her mother
> on her birthday with suffering. She makes it sound like a chore. She's
> determined not to find anything on the menu she can (or will) eat. Just
> so everyone will pay attention to her objecting to the food. Sheesh.
>
>> Why don't you give Angela some money and let her take
>> your mother to lunch. You could say that you have a stomach upset and
>> don't feel well.

> That wouldn't be far from the truth. She can't seem to enjoy food unless
> it comes from cans, a Tex-Mex place or a taqueria.
>
>> You've said that you don't really like to eat out
>> anyway so it would be a win/win for everyone.
>> Janet US
>>

> I do hope her mother appreciates her grandaughter wanting to spend the
> birthday with her grandma. She's not sounding picky about grandma's
> choice of restaurant.

You people haven't got a clue of our family dynamics. Just shut up. Nobody
will pay any mind at all if I only order a drink. They know I dislike the
place.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> On 5/7/2016 7:11 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 5/7/2016 12:01 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> I have no special plans whatever. My mom's birthday is on Mon. so there
>>> will be a celebration then. But I may not be eating. I am not fond of
>>> the restaurant she chose. Some of the food is served on hubcaps and
>>> they have peanuts in the shell. You're supposed to throw the shells on
>>> the floor.

>> Not my kind of place either.

> You'd probably not spoil the day with your mother by sitting
> there not eating. Just a hunch.

Why would that spoil anything? That makes no sense.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/7/2016 3:35 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> John and I ate in a place like that in... hmmm, I think we were in
>> Lenexa, Kansas. The food wasn't served in hub caps (!) but yes, every
>> table had a bucket of peanuts in the shell and yes, people tossed the
>> shells on the hardwood floor. I slipped and fell because of a stupid
>> peanut shell. Fortunately I wasn't hurt. The manager immediately came
>> over, mostly to make sure I didn't plan to sue them. It's a
>> ridiculous idea and an unsafe practice.

> That was my fear. First time we were in, there were so many shells, I
> couldn't avoid them. Now it looks like they sweep frequently.

Actually there was a busboy sweeping but I also don't want to eat where
someone is constantly sweeping near my table.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/7/2016 1:44 PM, jmcquown wrote:

>> That was my fear. First time we were in, there were so many shells, I
>> couldn't avoid them. Now it looks like they sweep frequently.

> Actually there was a busboy sweeping but I also don't want to eat where
> someone is constantly sweeping near my table.
>
> Jill

Good grief you're difficult!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/7/2016 1:53 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 7 May 2016 13:48:00 -0600, Dave Smith
> > wrote:

>>> Actually there was a busboy sweeping but I also don't want to eat where
>>> someone is constantly sweeping near my table.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Good grief you're difficult!

> That's a biddy for ya!

Sisterhood style?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 7 May 2016 15:37:17 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

> On 5/7/2016 3:27 PM, sf wrote:
>
> > now. A non-comedy show I like is Elementary (CBS). You have to pay
> > attention to it; no diddling on the computer with one ear on the TV,
> > or you'll miss something major and have to hit replay.

> I just love that show.
>
> Amuses me to think 'Sherlock' was once married to Angelina Jolie,
> for some reason.

He's an odd looking duck, for sure.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/7/2016 2:04 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 7 May 2016 13:59:39 -0600, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>> On 5/7/2016 1:53 PM, Bruce wrote:
>>> On Sat, 7 May 2016 13:48:00 -0600, Dave Smith

>>> That's a biddy for ya!
>>>

>> Sisterhood style?

> Is there a sisterhood of biddies?

The synonym to stupid?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/7/2016 3:42 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> You people haven't got a clue of our family dynamics.

You've been giving us clues for years. It's a good thing I'm not your
mother. I wouldn't have invited you.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

>On 5/7/2016 7:11 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 5/7/2016 12:01 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> I have no special plans whatever. My mom's birthday is on Mon. so there
>>> will be a celebration then. But I may not be eating. I am not fond of
>>> the restaurant she chose. Some of the food is served on hubcaps and
>>> they have peanuts in the shell. You're supposed to throw the shells on
>>> the floor.

>> Not my kind of place either.

>You'd probably not spoil the day with your mother by sitting
>there not eating. Just a hunch.
>
>nancy

Somehow I suspect Julie will find some way to spoil the day just by
being present, whether she eats or not. The sad thing is one day her
mother will be gone, only then is when Julie might wish she had been a
kinder daughter. What Julie doesn't comprehend is that Mother's Day
is about her mom, not about Julie and all her cranks.
I no longer celebrate Mother's day because my mother is long gone, but
I have the memories of how just the two of us celebrated, I'd take her
to a movie of her choice and then to her favorate Chinese restaurant,
and each year I'd make her some object, like a copper brooch or a
letter opener, and I'd buy her a silver Revlon lipstick case to add to
her collection. I made these when I was 7-8 years old:
http://i64.tinypic.com/1ze8oly.jpg
I wonder if other women like refillable lipstick cases, when she
passed I was able to retrieve several of these:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...+lipstick+case
https://www.etsy.com/search?q=lipstick+case

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/7/2016 2:21 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 5/7/2016 3:42 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> You people haven't got a clue of our family dynamics.

> You've been giving us clues for years. It's a good thing I'm not your
> mother. I wouldn't have invited you.
>
> Jill

MEOWWWRRR!!!

Catty bully bitch claws on!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/7/2016 2:29 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 7 May 2016 14:08:05 -0600, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>> On 5/7/2016 2:04 PM, Bruce wrote:
>>> On Sat, 7 May 2016 13:59:39 -0600, Dave Smith

>>> Is there a sisterhood of biddies?
>>>

>> The synonym to stupid?

> Jill's a stupid biddy? Those are your words, mate.

I merely posed a question.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

We here in Iowa have a Texas Roadhouse franchise that has buckets of peanuts,
But they provide an empty bucket for the shells...none on the floor.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/7/2016 2:50 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Nancy Young wrote:

>>> Not my kind of place either.

>> You'd probably not spoil the day with your mother by sitting
>> there not eating. Just a hunch.
>>
>> nancy

> Somehow I suspect Julie will find some way to spoil the day just by
> being present, whether she eats or not. The sad thing is one day her
> mother will be gone, only then is when Julie might wish she had been a
> kinder daughter. What Julie doesn't comprehend is that Mother's Day
> is about her mom, not about Julie and all her cranks.

Relationships are many times tough - you have no place to pick on her
for that.

> I no longer celebrate Mother's day because my mother is long gone, but
> I have the memories of how just the two of us celebrated, I'd take her
> to a movie of her choice and then to her favorate Chinese restaurant,
> and each year I'd make her some object, like a copper brooch or a
> letter opener, and I'd buy her a silver Revlon lipstick case to add to
> her collection. I made these when I was 7-8 years old:
> http://i64.tinypic.com/1ze8oly.jpg
> I wonder if other women like refillable lipstick cases, when she
> passed I was able to retrieve several of these:
> http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...+lipstick+case
> https://www.etsy.com/search?q=lipstick+case

That's very thoughtful and loving of you.

But you didn't need to savage Julie to share that.

-1

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/7/2016 2:59 PM, Nancy2 wrote:
> We here in Iowa have a Texas Roadhouse franchise that has buckets of peanuts,
> But they provide an empty bucket for the shells...none on the floor.
>
> N.

Ours does that also, but invariably the floors are covered with shells too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/7/2016 4:50 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Nancy Young wrote:

>>> Not my kind of place either.

>> You'd probably not spoil the day with your mother by sitting
>> there not eating. Just a hunch.
>>
>> nancy

> Somehow I suspect Julie will find some way to spoil the day just by
> being present, whether she eats or not. The sad thing is one day her
> mother will be gone, only then is when Julie might wish she had been a
> kinder daughter. What Julie doesn't comprehend is that Mother's Day
> is about her mom, not about Julie and all her cranks.

Not to mention her mother's birthday on Monday, too. She doesn't like
the restaurant. Fine, I probably wouldn't either. But it's not about
HER. Notice there's no mention of her own daughter doing anything for her.

>I made these when I was 7-8 years old:
> http://i64.tinypic.com/1ze8oly.jpg

Cute.

> I wonder if other women like refillable lipstick cases, when she
> passed I was able to retrieve several of these:
> http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...+lipstick+case
> https://www.etsy.com/search?q=lipstick+case

My mom and I used to buy each other refillable loose powder compacts.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/7/2016 3:16 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> But it's not about HER. Notice there's no mention of her own daughter
> doing anything for her.

Why can't you stop being such a catty ****ing ****????
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/7/2016 5:18 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On 5/7/2016 3:16 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>> But it's not about HER. Notice there's no mention of her own daughter
>> doing anything for her.

> Why can't you stop being such a catty ****ing ****????

Why can't you stop being a nymshifting imitation Steve Wertz troll????
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/7/2016 3:42 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 5/7/2016 5:18 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On 5/7/2016 3:16 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>>> But it's not about HER. Notice there's no mention of her own daughter
>>> doing anything for her.

>> Why can't you stop being such a catty ****ing ****????

> Why can't you stop being a nymshifting imitation Steve Wertz troll????

Because YOU need your bully butt kicked EVERY time you act out here.

So enjoy, biotch.