Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Los Rellenos!

http://www.seriouseats.com/2016/04/c...os-how-to.html

How to Master Flavorful Chiles Rellenos
J. KENJI LÓPEZ-ALT

I'm pretty sure that the only reason we used canned chilies back then is
that it wasn't possible to get good fresh Poblano peppers in New York in
the early '80s. That's not a problem anymore (and certainly not an issue
near my current home in the Bay Area), and both my recipe and my
technique have improved since those early can-based days. I've
experimented with various chili-roasting methods and dozens of batter
recipes and techniques, and I've finally nailed that salsa. Here's what
I've learned.

I sauté an onion in a little vegetable oil, add a big pinch of Mexican
oregano, then add the pork, breaking it up with a wooden spoon and
cooking it until it's heated through before adding it to my bowl of
grated cheese. The hot pork helps the cheese melt just a bit, which
makes the filling denser, stickier, and easier to place inside the
chilies without falling apart.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, April 27, 2016 at 12:37:34 PM UTC-6, Biz Cochito wrote:
> http://www.seriouseats.com/2016/04/c...os-how-to.html
>
> How to Master Flavorful Chiles Rellenos
> J. KENJI LÓPEZ-ALT
>
> I'm pretty sure that the only reason we used canned chilies back then is
> that it wasn't possible to get good fresh Poblano peppers in New York in
> the early '80s. That's not a problem anymore (and certainly not an issue
> near my current home in the Bay Area), and both my recipe and my
> technique have improved since those early can-based days. I've
> experimented with various chili-roasting methods and dozens of batter
> recipes and techniques, and I've finally nailed that salsa. Here's what
> I've learned.
>
> I sauté an onion in a little vegetable oil, add a big pinch of Mexican
> oregano, then add the pork, breaking it up with a wooden spoon and
> cooking it until it's heated through before adding it to my bowl of
> grated cheese. The hot pork helps the cheese melt just a bit, which
> makes the filling denser, stickier, and easier to place inside the
> chilies without falling apart.

You call that food? Ahahahahahahaha
====
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/27/2016 12:49 PM, Roy wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 27, 2016 at 12:37:34 PM UTC-6, Biz Cochito wrote:
>> http://www.seriouseats.com/2016/04/c...os-how-to.html
>>
>> How to Master Flavorful Chiles Rellenos
>> J. KENJI LÓPEZ-ALT
>>
>> I'm pretty sure that the only reason we used canned chilies back then is
>> that it wasn't possible to get good fresh Poblano peppers in New York in
>> the early '80s. That's not a problem anymore (and certainly not an issue
>> near my current home in the Bay Area), and both my recipe and my
>> technique have improved since those early can-based days. I've
>> experimented with various chili-roasting methods and dozens of batter
>> recipes and techniques, and I've finally nailed that salsa. Here's what
>> I've learned.
>>
>> I sauté an onion in a little vegetable oil, add a big pinch of Mexican
>> oregano, then add the pork, breaking it up with a wooden spoon and
>> cooking it until it's heated through before adding it to my bowl of
>> grated cheese. The hot pork helps the cheese melt just a bit, which
>> makes the filling denser, stickier, and easier to place inside the
>> chilies without falling apart.

> You call that food? Ahahahahahahaha
> ====

I do.

You cry crocodile tears over: "the total destruction of this forum",
then attack a purely technique and recipe-based link.

You look like a complete hypocrite roy boy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, April 27, 2016 at 1:10:03 PM UTC-6, Biz Cochito wrote:
> On 4/27/2016 12:49 PM, Roy wrote:
> > On Wednesday, April 27, 2016 at 12:37:34 PM UTC-6, Biz Cochito wrote:
> >> http://www.seriouseats.com/2016/04/c...os-how-to.html
> >>
> >> How to Master Flavorful Chiles Rellenos
> >> J. KENJI LÓPEZ-ALT
> >>
> >> I'm pretty sure that the only reason we used canned chilies back then is
> >> that it wasn't possible to get good fresh Poblano peppers in New York in
> >> the early '80s. That's not a problem anymore (and certainly not an issue
> >> near my current home in the Bay Area), and both my recipe and my
> >> technique have improved since those early can-based days. I've
> >> experimented with various chili-roasting methods and dozens of batter
> >> recipes and techniques, and I've finally nailed that salsa. Here's what
> >> I've learned.
> >>
> >> I sauté an onion in a little vegetable oil, add a big pinch of Mexican
> >> oregano, then add the pork, breaking it up with a wooden spoon and
> >> cooking it until it's heated through before adding it to my bowl of
> >> grated cheese. The hot pork helps the cheese melt just a bit, which
> >> makes the filling denser, stickier, and easier to place inside the
> >> chilies without falling apart.

> > You call that food? Ahahahahahahaha
> > ====

> I do.
>
> You cry crocodile tears over: "the total destruction of this forum",
> then attack a purely technique and recipe-based link.
>
> You look like a complete hypocrite roy boy.

See my previous posting.
Get STUFFED!!!
====
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/27/2016 1:29 PM, Roy wrote:

>>> You call that food? Ahahahahahahaha
>>> ====

>> I do.
>>
>> You cry crocodile tears over: "the total destruction of this forum",
>> then attack a purely technique and recipe-based link.
>>
>> You look like a complete hypocrite roy boy.

> See my previous posting.
> Get STUFFED!!!
> ====

You not a very smart meat handler at all.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/27/2016 8:37 AM, Biz Cochito wrote:
> http://www.seriouseats.com/2016/04/c...os-how-to.html
>
> How to Master Flavorful Chiles Rellenos
> J. KENJI LÓPEZ-ALT
>
> I'm pretty sure that the only reason we used canned chilies back then is
> that it wasn't possible to get good fresh Poblano peppers in New York in
> the early '80s. That's not a problem anymore (and certainly not an issue
> near my current home in the Bay Area), and both my recipe and my
> technique have improved since those early can-based days. I've
> experimented with various chili-roasting methods and dozens of batter
> recipes and techniques, and I've finally nailed that salsa. Here's what
> I've learned.
>
> I sauté an onion in a little vegetable oil, add a big pinch of Mexican
> oregano, then add the pork, breaking it up with a wooden spoon and
> cooking it until it's heated through before adding it to my bowl of
> grated cheese. The hot pork helps the cheese melt just a bit, which
> makes the filling denser, stickier, and easier to place inside the
> chilies without falling apart.

One day we shall all eat rellenos in heaven.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/27/2016 4:28 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 4/27/2016 8:37 AM, Biz Cochito wrote:
>> http://www.seriouseats.com/2016/04/c...os-how-to.html
>>
>> How to Master Flavorful Chiles Rellenos
>> J. KENJI LÓPEZ-ALT
>>
>> I'm pretty sure that the only reason we used canned chilies back then is
>> that it wasn't possible to get good fresh Poblano peppers in New York in
>> the early '80s. That's not a problem anymore (and certainly not an issue
>> near my current home in the Bay Area), and both my recipe and my
>> technique have improved since those early can-based days. I've
>> experimented with various chili-roasting methods and dozens of batter
>> recipes and techniques, and I've finally nailed that salsa. Here's what
>> I've learned.
>>
>> I sauté an onion in a little vegetable oil, add a big pinch of Mexican
>> oregano, then add the pork, breaking it up with a wooden spoon and
>> cooking it until it's heated through before adding it to my bowl of
>> grated cheese. The hot pork helps the cheese melt just a bit, which
>> makes the filling denser, stickier, and easier to place inside the
>> chilies without falling apart.

> One day we shall all eat rellenos in heaven.

Hee hee...I'm scarfing them down now while the getting is good.

Cloud based rellenos can't possibly be very tasty...

;-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/27/2016 12:40 PM, Biz Cochito wrote:
> On 4/27/2016 4:28 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>> On 4/27/2016 8:37 AM, Biz Cochito wrote:
>>> http://www.seriouseats.com/2016/04/c...os-how-to.html
>>>
>>> How to Master Flavorful Chiles Rellenos
>>> J. KENJI LÓPEZ-ALT
>>>
>>> I'm pretty sure that the only reason we used canned chilies back then is
>>> that it wasn't possible to get good fresh Poblano peppers in New York in
>>> the early '80s. That's not a problem anymore (and certainly not an issue
>>> near my current home in the Bay Area), and both my recipe and my
>>> technique have improved since those early can-based days. I've
>>> experimented with various chili-roasting methods and dozens of batter
>>> recipes and techniques, and I've finally nailed that salsa. Here's what
>>> I've learned.
>>>
>>> I sauté an onion in a little vegetable oil, add a big pinch of Mexican
>>> oregano, then add the pork, breaking it up with a wooden spoon and
>>> cooking it until it's heated through before adding it to my bowl of
>>> grated cheese. The hot pork helps the cheese melt just a bit, which
>>> makes the filling denser, stickier, and easier to place inside the
>>> chilies without falling apart.

>> One day we shall all eat rellenos in heaven.

> Hee hee...I'm scarfing them down now while the getting is good.
>
> Cloud based rellenos can't possibly be very tasty...
>
> ;-)

I imagine food in heaven would have all of the taste we demand but none
of the calories - not that it matters because we'll all be weightless.
Well, maybe just 21 grams.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/27/2016 5:13 PM, dsi1 wrote:

>>> One day we shall all eat rellenos in heaven.

>> Hee hee...I'm scarfing them down now while the getting is good.
>>
>> Cloud based rellenos can't possibly be very tasty...
>>
>> ;-)

> I imagine food in heaven would have all of the taste we demand but none
> of the calories - not that it matters because we'll all be weightless.
> Well, maybe just 21 grams.

LOL!

Good one on the weights and measures.

I'm ordering Turkish delight.

pappas rellenos bulka[_2_] General Cooking 24 22-07-2009 05:31 AM
pappas rellenos bulka[_2_] General Cooking 0 21-07-2009 12:03 AM
Chiles Relleños Duckie ® Recipes 0 07-07-2004 10:02 PM
Chili Rellenos MrFalafel Vegan 0 15-11-2003 09:14 AM
Chiles Rellenos de Arroz Integral (Chiles Rellenos Stuffed with Brown Rice) MrFalafel Vegan 8 10-10-2003 12:26 AM