Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bernie Sanders is cleaning up in Washington state caucuses!

"Nancy2" > wrote in message

> Yes, I am sure all those youngsters voting for him won't object at all for
> higher taxes to pay for Trump's youngest to go to college.
>
> N.

Youngsters? I'm 56 and I wouldn't consider myself to be a youngster. And
most of my friends are older than me. So...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 20:07:32 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Nancy2" > wrote in message
>>
>> Yes, I am sure all those youngsters voting for him won't object at all for
>> higher taxes to pay for Trump's youngest to go to college.
>>
>> N.

>Youngsters? I'm 56 and I wouldn't consider myself to be a youngster. And
>most of my friends are older than me. So...

I bet that not so young people with above average intelligence also
tend to vote for Sanders.

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 20:07:32 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>"Nancy2" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Yes, I am sure all those youngsters voting for him won't object at all
>>> for
>>> higher taxes to pay for Trump's youngest to go to college.
>>>
>>> N.

>>Youngsters? I'm 56 and I wouldn't consider myself to be a youngster. And
>>most of my friends are older than me. So...

> I bet that not so young people with above average intelligence also
> tend to vote for Sanders.

According to what I have seen, this is true.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 8:43:36 AM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Bruce" > wrote in message
> > On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 20:07:32 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > > wrote:

> >>Youngsters? I'm 56 and I wouldn't consider myself to be a youngster. And
> >>most of my friends are older than me. So...

> > I bet that not so young people with above average intelligence also
> > tend to vote for Sanders.

> According to what I have seen, this is true.

Because what you've seen is YUGE amounts of Mainstream Media PROPAGANGA!! Mainstream Media is shilling like crazy for the interests of our Owners!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP_62s9RW9E

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/26/2016 9:07 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Nancy2" > wrote in message
>>
>> Yes, I am sure all those youngsters voting for him won't object at all
>> for
>> higher taxes to pay for Trump's youngest to go to college.
>>
>> N.

> Youngsters? I'm 56 and I wouldn't consider myself to be a youngster.
> And most of my friends are older than me. So...

So you're old enough not to be terminally gullible, aren't you?

Where does his "free" college come from?

http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/u...trated-cartoon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/27/2016 1:43 AM, Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 20:07:32 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> "Nancy2" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Yes, I am sure all those youngsters voting for him won't object at all for
>>> higher taxes to pay for Trump's youngest to go to college.
>>>
>>> N.

>> Youngsters? I'm 56 and I wouldn't consider myself to be a youngster. And
>> most of my friends are older than me. So...

> I bet that not so young people with above average intelligence also
> tend to vote for Sanders.

You bet WRONG!

Only delusional morons are for Sanders.

Now **** off back to your own backwater, Auztard!

http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/u...trated-cartoon
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/27/2016 8:43 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Bruce" > wrote in message
>> On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 20:07:32 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>> Youngsters? I'm 56 and I wouldn't consider myself to be a
>>> youngster. And
>>> most of my friends are older than me. So...

>> I bet that not so young people with above average intelligence also
>> tend to vote for Sanders.

> According to what I have seen, this is true.

You wouldn't know intelligence if it walked up and bit your ass.

http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/u...trated-cartoon
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/27/2016 9:01 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
> Mainstream Media is shilling like crazy for the interests of our Owners!!

For Billary?

Well no ****ing DUH!

They hid the Dem debates and genuflect to the serial liar.

You IDIOT!

http://www.politifact.com/personalit...yruling/false/

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...nk-for-clinton

http://dailysurge.com/2015/08/eviden...k-for-hillary/

One of Hillary Clinton’s private emails that was released Friday reveals
that, as Secretary of State, an NBC source leaked possible questions to
Clinton’s staff ahead of an appearance on Meet the Press.

“You probably already know this, but I just heard from a friend who is
wired at Meet the Press that David Gregory will ask you about David
Maziar, the Newsweek journalist arrested in Iran,” Clinton staffer Lissa
Muscatine wrote in aJuly 2009 email, with the subject line “heads up.”

Heads up -> pic.twitter.com/AOiJw6c5Sz

— Charlie Spiering (@charliespiering) July 31, 2015

Gregory asked Clinton several questions about Iran and about two
journalists being held by North Korea, but never asked about her about
Maziar Bahari, a journalist who covered Iran for more than a decade for
Newsweek until Iranian intelligence officers accused him of being a CIA
spy and arrested him, during that edition of Meet the Press.

That might because Clinton brought up Iran’s treatment of the press on
her own.

“But clearly, we would hope better for the Iranian people. We would hope
that there is more openness, that peaceful demonstrations are respected,
that press freedom is respected,” she said.

The mainstream media is notorious when it comes to hitting Republicans
with tough questions, but Democrats, as we can now see, are given the
questions in advance of the test.

Who would ever think that the media was in the tank for Hillary?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 10:04:30 -0600, anomaly > wrote:

> Where does his "free" college come from?
>

> http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/u...trated-cartoon

From taxes, you fool. Starting with taxing every share traded on Wall
Street and making the rich pay their fair share. Virtually free
doesn't mean entirely free. He just wants to roll back the cost of
state run colleges and universities to the reasonable ratios they were
back in the '60's & '70s. Only brainwashed fidiots like you can't
understand why that's a good thing.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/27/2016 11:24 AM, sf wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 10:04:30 -0600, anomaly > wrote:
>
>> Where does his "free" college come from?
>>

>> http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/u...trated-cartoon

> From taxes, you fool.

BULLSHIT!

That's income CONFISCATION!

> Starting with taxing every share traded on Wall
> Street and making the rich pay their fair share.

Now what will the incremental cost of that do to every pension fund in
this nation which invests in stocks?

> Virtually free
> doesn't mean entirely free.

Bullshit LIE!

http://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2016/...e-will-it-work

The Most-College-Educated Countries Don’t Necessarily Have Free Tuition

South Korea
Japan
Canada

Andrew Kelly, a prominent critic of the idea at the conservative
American Enterprise Institute, has written that capping tuition at zero
"limits college spending to whatever the public is willing to invest.
But it does not change the cost of college, or what institutions
actually spend per student. If the past is any guide, that cost will
continue to grow, and an influx of federal money may lead profligate
administrators to spend even more. Enrollments will also increase,
further multiplying the cost of free college."

> He just wants to roll back the cost of
> state run colleges and universities to the reasonable ratios they were
> back in the '60's & '70s.

As if there hasn't been inflation in EVERY measurable component of a
college since then - wages, physical plant, energy, tenure, course
material, EVERYTHING!!!

> Only brainwashed fidiots like you can't
> understand why that's a good thing.

Only a total MORON would think we can roll ANYTHING back to 1960 in this
nation!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 11:56:00 AM UTC-6, anomaly wrote:
> On 3/27/2016 11:24 AM, sf wrote:
> > On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 10:04:30 -0600, anomaly > wrote:
> >
> >> Where does his "free" college come from?
> >>

> >> http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/u...trated-cartoon

> > From taxes, you fool.

> BULLSHIT!
>
> That's income CONFISCATION!
>
> > Starting with taxing every share traded on Wall
> > Street and making the rich pay their fair share.

> Now what will the incremental cost of that do to every pension fund in
> this nation which invests in stocks?
>

> > Virtually free
> > doesn't mean entirely free.

> Bullshit LIE!
>
> http://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2016/...e-will-it-work
>
> The Most-College-Educated Countries Don't Necessarily Have Free Tuition
>
> South Korea
> Japan
> Canada
>

> Andrew Kelly, a prominent critic of the idea at the conservative
> American Enterprise Institute, has written that capping tuition at zero
> "limits college spending to whatever the public is willing to invest.
> But it does not change the cost of college, or what institutions
> actually spend per student. If the past is any guide, that cost will
> continue to grow, and an influx of federal money may lead profligate
> administrators to spend even more. Enrollments will also increase,
> further multiplying the cost of free college."
>

> > He just wants to roll back the cost of
> > state run colleges and universities to the reasonable ratios they were
> > back in the '60's & '70s.

> As if there hasn't been inflation in EVERY measurable component of a
> college since then - wages, physical plant, energy, tenure, course
> material, EVERYTHING!!!
>

> > Only brainwashed fidiots like you can't
> > understand why that's a good thing.

> Only a total MORON would think we can roll ANYTHING back to 1960 in this
> nation!

What do you think taxes are? Sharing the wealth! Greedy egocentric ****!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
> On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 8:43:36 AM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
>> "Bruce" > wrote in message
>> > On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 20:07:32 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>> > I bet that not so young people with above average intelligence also
>> > tend to vote for Sanders.

>> According to what I have seen, this is true.

> Because what you've seen is YUGE amounts of Mainstream Media PROPAGANGA!!
> Mainstream Media is shilling like crazy for the interests of our Owners!!
>
> www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP_62s9RW9E
>
> John Kuthe...

No. I mean that the Sanders supporters I know are very intelligent.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 5:12:15 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
> No. I mean that the Sanders supporters I know are very intelligent.

Thank you! :-)

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 17:25:28 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 5:12:15 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
>> No. I mean that the Sanders supporters I know are very intelligent.

>Thank you! :-)

You already knew that. You're extremely intelligent and a Registered
Nurse to boot!

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 6:43:57 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 17:25:28 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> > wrote:
>
> >On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 5:12:15 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
> >> No. I mean that the Sanders supporters I know are very intelligent.

> >Thank you! :-)

> You already knew that. You're extremely intelligent and a Registered
> Nurse to boot!
>
> --
> Bruce

I know. For years people have remembered that I was a very smart kid. So I got used to thinking that too, and it appears I am too! I perform well on standardized testing, even nursing school! So compliments on my intelligence really don't make me feel anything, because I know it's true!

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 11:55:48 -0600, anomaly > wrote:

> On 3/27/2016 11:24 AM, sf wrote:
> > On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 10:04:30 -0600, anomaly > wrote:
> >
> >> Where does his "free" college come from?
> >>

> >> http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/u...trated-cartoon

> > From taxes, you fool.

> BULLSHIT!
>
> That's income CONFISCATION!
>
> > Starting with taxing every share traded on Wall
> > Street and making the rich pay their fair share.

> Now what will the incremental cost of that do to every pension fund in
> this nation which invests in stocks?
>

> > Virtually free
> > doesn't mean entirely free.

> Bullshit LIE!
>
> http://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2016/...e-will-it-work
>
> The Most-College-Educated Countries Don’t Necessarily Have Free Tuition
>
> South Korea
> Japan
> Canada
>

> Andrew Kelly, a prominent critic of the idea at the conservative
> American Enterprise Institute, has written that capping tuition at zero
> "limits college spending to whatever the public is willing to invest.
> But it does not change the cost of college, or what institutions
> actually spend per student. If the past is any guide, that cost will
> continue to grow, and an influx of federal money may lead profligate
> administrators to spend even more. Enrollments will also increase,
> further multiplying the cost of free college."
>

> > He just wants to roll back the cost of
> > state run colleges and universities to the reasonable ratios they were
> > back in the '60's & '70s.

> As if there hasn't been inflation in EVERY measurable component of a
> college since then - wages, physical plant, energy, tenure, course
> material, EVERYTHING!!!
>

> > Only brainwashed fidiots like you can't
> > understand why that's a good thing.

> Only a total MORON would think we can roll ANYTHING back to 1960 in this
> nation!

<too hilarious to snip>

Proportionally, you fool. Clearly you've drunk the Republican
Bullshit Kool-Aid. You'll be dead soon and it won't matter, so you
might as well give up now.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 6:43:57 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 17:25:28 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> > wrote:
>
> >On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 5:12:15 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
> >> No. I mean that the Sanders supporters I know are very intelligent.

> >Thank you! :-)

> You already knew that. You're extremely intelligent and a Registered
> Nurse to boot!
>
> --
> Bruce

I know. For years people have remembered that I was a very smart kid. So I
got used to thinking that too, and it appears I am too! I perform well on
standardized testing, even nursing school! So compliments on my intelligence
really don't make me feel anything, because I know it's true!

John Kuthe...

-------------

now, about that humility thing . . .

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 17:48:04 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 6:43:57 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
>> On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 17:25:28 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
>> >
>> >Thank you! :-)

>> You already knew that. You're extremely intelligent and a Registered
>> Nurse to boot!

>I know. For years people have remembered that I was a very smart kid. So I got used to thinking that too, and it appears I am too! I perform well on standardized testing, even nursing school! So compliments on my intelligence really don't make me feel anything, because I know it's true!

Yep, those meds are really working...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 8:28:14 PM UTC-6, taxed and spent wrote:
> "John Kuthe" > wrote in message
> On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 6:43:57 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
> > On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 17:25:28 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> > > wrote:

> > >Thank you! :-)

> > You already knew that. You're extremely intelligent and a Registered
> > Nurse to boot!
> >
> > --
> > Bruce

> I know. For years people have remembered that I was a very smart kid. So I
> got used to thinking that too, and it appears I am too! I perform well on
> standardized testing, even nursing school! So compliments on my intelligence
> really don't make me feel anything, because I know it's true!
>
> John Kuthe...
>
> -------------
>
> now, about that humility thing . . .

I'm not bragging, it's just a fact.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe > wrote:
> On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 8:28:14 PM UTC-6, taxed and spent wrote:
>> "John Kuthe" > wrote in message
>> On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 6:43:57 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
>>> On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 17:25:28 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe

>>> You already knew that. You're extremely intelligent and a Registered
>>> Nurse to boot!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Bruce

>> I know. For years people have remembered that I was a very smart kid. So I
>> got used to thinking that too, and it appears I am too! I perform well on
>> standardized testing, even nursing school! So compliments on my intelligence
>> really don't make me feel anything, because I know it's true!
>>
>> John Kuthe...
>>
>> -------------
>>
>> now, about that humility thing . . .

> I'm not bragging, it's just a fact.
>
> John Kuthe...

It doesn't get any more narcissistic than that, folks.

--
jinx the minx

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 2:48:14 PM UTC-10, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 6:43:57 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
> > On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 17:25:28 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> > > wrote:

> > >Thank you! :-)

> > You already knew that. You're extremely intelligent and a Registered
> > Nurse to boot!
> >
> > --
> > Bruce

> I know. For years people have remembered that I was a very smart kid. So I got used to thinking that too, and it appears I am too! I perform well on standardized testing, even nursing school! So compliments on my intelligence really don't make me feel anything, because I know it's true!
>
> John Kuthe...

This is the reason why kids should not be told they're special or smart or pretty or talented. They grow up thinking that they really are special because they're smart or pretty or talented. Once you reach adulthood, all the accolades stop and you start to wonder why people don't think you're so special anymore. Raising kids to believe they're special pretty much always messes kids up kids when they reach adulthood. Well that's my theory and I'm sticking to it!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 2:48:14 PM UTC-10, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 6:43:57 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
> > On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 17:25:28 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> > > wrote:

> > >Thank you! :-)

> > You already knew that. You're extremely intelligent and a Registered
> > Nurse to boot!
> >
> > --
> > Bruce

> I know. For years people have remembered that I was a very smart kid. So I
> got used to thinking that too, and it appears I am too! I perform well on
> standardized testing, even nursing school! So compliments on my
> intelligence really don't make me feel anything, because I know it's true!
>
> John Kuthe...

This is the reason why kids should not be told they're special or smart or
pretty or talented. They grow up thinking that they really are special
because they're smart or pretty or talented. Once you reach adulthood, all
the accolades stop and you start to wonder why people don't think you're so
special anymore. Raising kids to believe they're special pretty much always
messes kids up kids when they reach adulthood. Well that's my theory and I'm
sticking to it!

I know someone who tested as a genius early on. People never let him forget
it. He was put into school early, despite being advised not to do this to
him. Went off to college at 16. Then things began to go wrong. I won't
get into all of that.

He's an adult now and hates it when people refer to him as a genius because
more often than not, their expectations of him are far too high. They seem
to think that he should be an expert at everything. And he isn't.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 7:00:30 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> "dsi1" <dsi> wrote in message
> On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 2:48:14 PM UTC-10, John Kuthe wrote:
> > On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 6:43:57 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
> > > On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 17:25:28 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe

> > > You already knew that. You're extremely intelligent and a Registered
> > > Nurse to boot!
> > >
> > > --
> > > Bruce

> > I know. For years people have remembered that I was a very smart kid. So I
> > got used to thinking that too, and it appears I am too! I perform well on
> > standardized testing, even nursing school! So compliments on my
> > intelligence really don't make me feel anything, because I know it's true!
> >
> > John Kuthe...

> This is the reason why kids should not be told they're special or smart or
> pretty or talented. They grow up thinking that they really are special
> because they're smart or pretty or talented. Once you reach adulthood, all
> the accolades stop and you start to wonder why people don't think you're so
> special anymore. Raising kids to believe they're special pretty much always
> messes kids up kids when they reach adulthood. Well that's my theory and I'm
> sticking to it!
>
> I know someone who tested as a genius early on. People never let him forget
> it. He was put into school early, despite being advised not to do this to
> him. Went off to college at 16. Then things began to go wrong. I won't
> get into all of that.
>
> He's an adult now and hates it when people refer to him as a genius because
> more often than not, their expectations of him are far too high. They seem
> to think that he should be an expert at everything. And he isn't.

Is there anything sadder than being a young adult and have the feeling that your best days are behind you instead of before you? I think not.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 7:00:30 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
>> "dsi1" <dsi> wrote in message

>> > I know. For years people have remembered that I was a very smart kid.
>> > So I
>> > got used to thinking that too, and it appears I am too! I perform well
>> > on
>> > standardized testing, even nursing school! So compliments on my
>> > intelligence really don't make me feel anything, because I know it's
>> > true!
>> >
>> > John Kuthe...

>> This is the reason why kids should not be told they're special or smart
>> or
>> pretty or talented. They grow up thinking that they really are special
>> because they're smart or pretty or talented. Once you reach adulthood,
>> all
>> the accolades stop and you start to wonder why people don't think you're
>> so
>> special anymore. Raising kids to believe they're special pretty much
>> always
>> messes kids up kids when they reach adulthood. Well that's my theory and
>> I'm
>> sticking to it!
>>
>> I know someone who tested as a genius early on. People never let him
>> forget
>> it. He was put into school early, despite being advised not to do this
>> him. Went off to college at 16. Then things began to go wrong. I won't
>> get into all of that.
>>
>> He's an adult now and hates it when people refer to him as a genius
>> because
>> more often than not, their expectations of him are far too high. They
>> seem
>> to think that he should be an expert at everything. And he isn't.

> Is there anything sadder than being a young adult and have the feeling
> that your best days are behind you instead of before you? I think not.

Agree!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

SF, if college costs are rolled back to the 60s and 70s dollar, will salaries and
wages revert to their value in those decades, too? It seems only fair.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, March 28, 2016 at 9:31:50 AM UTC-4, Nancy2 wrote:
> SF, if college costs are rolled back to the 60s and 70s dollar, will salaries and
> wages revert to their value in those decades, too? It seems only fair.
>
> N.

I think we could inflation-adjust those dollars and still provide
more affordable tuition. I live in a college town, and I can see
the University of Michigan buying up property (thus taking the land
off these property tax rolls) and building plush new buildings all of
the time. Maybe it's time those little princes and princesses shared
a big bathroom with 20 or 30 other students, just as I did. In the
name of all that's holy, I just looked at
<http://www.housing.umich.edu/reshalls/amenities> and their "free"
cable television is nearly as good as what I pay a lot of money for.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 10:06:55 PM UTC-6, Jinx the Minx wrote:
> John Kuthe > wrote:

> > I'm not bragging, it's just a fact.
> >
> > John Kuthe...
> >

> It doesn't get any more narcissistic than that, folks.
>
> --
> jinx the minx

Oh yes it does:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-c...s/con-20025568

If the objective facts bear out that I am more intelligent than most/many others, then it must be an independent objective fact, not just my personal opinion. And I do have compassion for others, a trait notably absent from NPD sufferers like Bryan and Drumpf. Oh they can FAKE compassion, but it's just that: fake. And I also recognize the limits of my intelligence. I had to come to terms with that when I attended Washington University St Louis engineering school. Previously I had thought I was a genius, but I had to admit I am merely above average because I sat next to real genius in enginering school! I also had some very brilliant nursing school fellow students! Some not so brilliant to! Having an accurate idea of your own high intelligence is not narcissism. Like when I won the CRC Chemistry Achievement award for having the highest grade in my "freshman" chemistry class in college!! That is a fact, not my opinion!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 10:18:13 PM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:
> On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 2:48:14 PM UTC-10, John Kuthe wrote:
> > On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 6:43:57 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
> > > On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 17:25:28 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, March 28, 2016 at 8:02:27 AM UTC-6, Janet wrote:
> In article >,
> says...
> >
> > I know. For years people have remembered that I was a very smart kid. So I
> > got used to thinking that too, and it appears I am too! I perform well on
> > standardized testing, even nursing school! So compliments on my intelligence
> > really don't make me feel anything, because I know it's true!
> >
> > John Kuthe...
> >
> > -------------
> >
> > now, about that humility thing . . .

> The endless self-aggrandisement is a feature and symptom of his mental
> health problem.
>
> Janet UK.

I am not citing anything that is not objectively true. Like my college grades, the college degrees I EARNED, the fact that in elemenrtary school I was put well ahead of what I actually earned in the series of SRA cards I had to do, because mjy teacher recognized that I was terminally borted with the forst few levels, which I WAS totally boted with because I was a heck of a lot smarter than the somple SRA cars were designed to "challenge" and educate, etc. And Bryan and I really DID teach Mr Gormley how to teach Freshman English in high school summer school!! We had both flunked out of the required Freshman English class in high school, not because we didn't KNOW the material, but because we were both too busy in our Freshman English classes smoking pot and causing trouble!

Objecive facts are just that, facts whose truth is indepdent of the believers of those facts.

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
On Monday, March 28, 2016 at 8:02:27 AM UTC-6, Janet wrote:
> In article >,
> says...
> >
> > I know. For years people have remembered that I was a very smart kid. So
> > got used to thinking that too, and it appears I am too! I perform well
> > on
> > standardized testing, even nursing school! So compliments on my
> > intelligence
> > really don't make me feel anything, because I know it's true!
> >
> > John Kuthe...
> >
> > -------------
> >
> > now, about that humility thing . . .

> The endless self-aggrandisement is a feature and symptom of his mental
> health problem.
>
> Janet UK.

I am not citing anything that is not objectively true. Like my college
grades, the college degrees I EARNED, the fact that in elemenrtary school I
was put well ahead of what I actually earned in the series of SRA cards I
had to do, because mjy teacher recognized that I was terminally borted with
the forst few levels, which I WAS totally boted with because I was a heck of
a lot smarter than the somple SRA cars were designed to "challenge" and
educate, etc. And Bryan and I really DID teach Mr Gormley how to teach
Freshman English in high school summer school!! We had both flunked out of
the required Freshman English class in high school, not because we didn't
KNOW the material, but because we were both too busy in our Freshman English
classes smoking pot and causing trouble!

Objecive facts are just that, facts whose truth is indepdent of the
believers of those facts.

John Kuthe...

-----------

and yet, there remains that humility thing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, March 28, 2016 at 10:28:43 AM UTC-6, taxed and spent wrote:
> "John Kuthe" > wrote in message
> On Monday, March 28, 2016 at 8:02:27 AM UTC-6, Janet wrote:
> > In article >,
> > says...
> > >
> > > I know. For years people have remembered that I was a very smart kid. So
> > > got used to thinking that too, and it appears I am too! I perform well
> > > on
> > > standardized testing, even nursing school! So compliments on my
> > > intelligence
> > > really don't make me feel anything, because I know it's true!
> > >
> > > John Kuthe...
> > >
> > > -------------
> > >
> > > now, about that humility thing . . .

> > The endless self-aggrandisement is a feature and symptom of his mental
> > health problem.
> >
> > Janet UK.

> I am not citing anything that is not objectively true. Like my college
> grades, the college degrees I EARNED, the fact that in elemenrtary school I
> was put well ahead of what I actually earned in the series of SRA cards I
> had to do, because mjy teacher recognized that I was terminally borted with
> the forst few levels, which I WAS totally boted with because I was a heck of
> a lot smarter than the somple SRA cars were designed to "challenge" and
> educate, etc. And Bryan and I really DID teach Mr Gormley how to teach
> Freshman English in high school summer school!! We had both flunked out of
> the required Freshman English class in high school, not because we didn't
> KNOW the material, but because we were both too busy in our Freshman English
> classes smoking pot and causing trouble!
>
> Objecive facts are just that, facts whose truth is indepdent of the
> believers of those facts.
>
> John Kuthe...
>
> -----------
>
> and yet, there remains that humility thing.

I don't flaunt my intelligence, except it does allow me to communicate much more intelligently than many others do. Case in point right here, apparently!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
> On Monday, March 28, 2016 at 10:28:43 AM UTC-6, taxed and spent wrote:
>> "John Kuthe" > wrote in message
>> On Monday, March 28, 2016 at 8:02:27 AM UTC-6, Janet wrote:
>> > In article >,
>> > says...

>> > The endless self-aggrandisement is a feature and symptom of his mental
>> > health problem.
>> >
>> > Janet UK.

>> I am not citing anything that is not objectively true. Like my college
>> grades, the college degrees I EARNED, the fact that in elemenrtary school
>> was put well ahead of what I actually earned in the series of SRA cards I
>> had to do, because mjy teacher recognized that I was terminally borted
>> with
>> the forst few levels, which I WAS totally boted with because I was a heck
>> of
>> a lot smarter than the somple SRA cars were designed to "challenge" and
>> educate, etc. And Bryan and I really DID teach Mr Gormley how to teach
>> Freshman English in high school summer school!! We had both flunked out
>> of
>> the required Freshman English class in high school, not because we didn't
>> KNOW the material, but because we were both too busy in our Freshman
>> English
>> classes smoking pot and causing trouble!
>>
>> Objecive facts are just that, facts whose truth is indepdent of the
>> believers of those facts.
>>
>> John Kuthe...
>>
>> -----------
>>
>> and yet, there remains that humility thing.

> I don't flaunt my intelligence,

Wrong. I guess you are not as intelligent as you think!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, March 28, 2016 at 10:49:39 AM UTC-6, taxed and spent wrote:
> "John Kuthe" > wrote in message

> > I don't flaunt my intelligence,

> Wrong. I guess you are not as intelligent as you think!

OK, I'm dumb as a post. Happy now?

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 22:26:07 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 7:00:30 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
>> "dsi1" <dsi> wrote in message

>> > I know. For years people have remembered that I was a very smart kid. So I
>> > got used to thinking that too, and it appears I am too! I perform well on
>> > standardized testing, even nursing school! So compliments on my
>> > intelligence really don't make me feel anything, because I know it's true!
>> >
>> > John Kuthe...

>> This is the reason why kids should not be told they're special or smart or
>> pretty or talented. They grow up thinking that they really are special
>> because they're smart or pretty or talented. Once you reach adulthood, all
>> the accolades stop and you start to wonder why people don't think you're so
>> special anymore. Raising kids to believe they're special pretty much always
>> messes kids up kids when they reach adulthood. Well that's my theory and I'm
>> sticking to it!
>>
>> I know someone who tested as a genius early on. People never let him forget
>> it. He was put into school early, despite being advised not to do this to
>> him. Went off to college at 16. Then things began to go wrong. I won't
>> get into all of that.
>>
>> He's an adult now and hates it when people refer to him as a genius because
>> more often than not, their expectations of him are far too high. They seem
>> to think that he should be an expert at everything. And he isn't.

>Is there anything sadder than being a young adult and have the feeling that
>your best days are behind you instead of before you? I think not.

Your kind of thinking is for someone who reaches sixty years old and
has never had any best days... now that is as sad as sad gets. At my
age I'm wise enough to know with certainty that my best days are past
but I enjoy remembering and have lots of best days to remember. I'll
still have good days but I'm honest enough to realize that *best* days
are past. I'm very glad I'm old because with how this world has
become everyone no matter their age, even if just born, will never
know better days than me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, March 28, 2016 at 3:57:45 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Monday, March 28, 2016 at 9:31:50 AM UTC-4, Nancy2 wrote:
> > SF, if college costs are rolled back to the 60s and 70s dollar, will salaries and
> > wages revert to their value in those decades, too? It seems only fair.
> >
> > N.

> I think we could inflation-adjust those dollars and still provide
> more affordable tuition. I live in a college town, and I can see
> the University of Michigan buying up property (thus taking the land
> off these property tax rolls) and building plush new buildings all of
> the time. Maybe it's time those little princes and princesses shared
> a big bathroom with 20 or 30 other students, just as I did. In the
> name of all that's holy, I just looked at
> <http://www.housing.umich.edu/reshalls/amenities> and their "free"
> cable television is nearly as good as what I pay a lot of money for.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I don't much care for the idea of free education. It should be subsidised and it could be made more affordable. I have been in classes with kids that are there because their parents were paying and it ain't a pretty sight. People tend not to see value in those things given to them freely.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, March 28, 2016 at 4:37:44 AM UTC-10, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 10:18:13 PM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:

> > > I know. For years people have remembered that I was a very smart kid. So I got used to thinking that too, and it appears I am too! I perform well on standardized testing, even nursing school! So compliments on my intelligence really don't make me feel anything, because I know it's true!
> > >
> > > John Kuthe...

> > This is the reason why kids should not be told they're special or smart or pretty or talented. They grow up thinking that they really are special because they're smart or pretty or talented. Once you reach adulthood, all the accolades stop and you start to wonder why people don't think you're so special anymore. Raising kids to believe they're special pretty much always messes kids up kids when they reach adulthood. Well that's my theory and I'm sticking to it!

> Some kids really ARE more intelligent than others. That is a simnple fact! You can stick to your specious theory, which is partially correct, but your opinion does not obviate the objective facts.
>
> John Kuthe...

You think that not saying something can change reality, and that these kids need to have these facts told to them or they morph into stupid ugly kids? I suggest that you get some testing because that's some low level thinking.. Perhaps it's because people haven't been telling you how smart you are.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, March 28, 2016 at 7:21:37 AM UTC-10, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 22:26:07 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsi1>
> wrote:
>
> >On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 7:00:30 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:

> >> This is the reason why kids should not be told they're special or smart or
> >> pretty or talented. They grow up thinking that they really are special
> >> because they're smart or pretty or talented. Once you reach adulthood, all
> >> the accolades stop and you start to wonder why people don't think you're so
> >> special anymore. Raising kids to believe they're special pretty much always
> >> messes kids up kids when they reach adulthood. Well that's my theory and I'm
> >> sticking to it!
> >>
> >> I know someone who tested as a genius early on. People never let him forget
> >> it. He was put into school early, despite being advised not to do this to
> >> him. Went off to college at 16. Then things began to go wrong. I won't
> >> get into all of that.
> >>
> >> He's an adult now and hates it when people refer to him as a genius because
> >> more often than not, their expectations of him are far too high. They seem
> >> to think that he should be an expert at everything. And he isn't.

> >Is there anything sadder than being a young adult and have the feeling that
> >your best days are behind you instead of before you? I think not.

> Your kind of thinking is for someone who reaches sixty years old and
> has never had any best days... now that is as sad as sad gets. At my
> age I'm wise enough to know with certainty that my best days are past
> but I enjoy remembering and have lots of best days to remember. I'll
> still have good days but I'm honest enough to realize that *best* days
> are past. I'm very glad I'm old because with how this world has
> become everyone no matter their age, even if just born, will never
> know better days than me.

Yet again you have failed to comprehend a single, simple, sentence. I write in a 60's broadcast style i.e., suitable for your average 12 year old American. My guess is that any sentence over 6 words is not going to be simple enough for you people. That's the breaks.

I was talking about people in their mid-twenties, not sixties - you goofball! Boy, self-proclaimed geniuses are certainly exasperating!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, March 28, 2016 at 9:51:33 AM UTC-10, anomaly wrote:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, March 28, 2016 at 7:33:38 PM UTC-6, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Mar 2016 11:02:23 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
> wrote:
>
> > I don't much care for the idea of free education. It should be subsidised and it could be made more affordable. I have been in classes with kids that are there because their parents were paying and it ain't a pretty sight.. People tend not to see value in those things given to them freely.

> I went to college in California when public college was almost free.
> I could barely afford it, but I did. I started off paying $150
> tuition per semester, which crept up a little. Community was only $13
> a unit until not too many years ago. Then there are "fees". It
> wasn't free, but it seems like it now.
>
> --
>
> sf

I paid $30,000 tuition for my Accelerated Bachelor's in Nursing program I went through, I got NO financial help at all!

John Kuthe...