Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Betty Crocker Scissors

One of my pairs of kitchen scissors broke a few weeks back. Not as in broke
into pieces but something got sort of off kilter or something and they were
sticking but apart. They were old. So I bought a pair of the Betty Crocker
ones when I was in Dollar Tree.

I tried to use them to cut up the meat for the Easter pies. But they
wouldn't cut it. In the past I have used a knife to cut the meat and cheese
but some of the meat is greasy and it makes for a slippery mess. I wound up
using the Betty scissors to hold the meat while using a different pair of
scissors to cut it.

I can't really complain about the Betty scissors as they were only a dollar
and they will cut other things. Apparently just not slippery, fatty,
Italian meats.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 8:48:05 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> One of my pairs of kitchen scissors broke a few weeks back. Not as in broke
> into pieces but something got sort of off kilter or something and they were
> sticking but apart. They were old. So I bought a pair of the Betty Crocker
> ones when I was in Dollar Tree.
>
> I tried to use them to cut up the meat for the Easter pies. But they
> wouldn't cut it. In the past I have used a knife to cut the meat and cheese
> but some of the meat is greasy and it makes for a slippery mess. I wound up
> using the Betty scissors to hold the meat while using a different pair of
> scissors to cut it.
>
> I can't really complain about the Betty scissors as they were only a dollar
> and they will cut other things. Apparently just not slippery, fatty,
> Italian meats.

I predict that cutting meats with scissors will be a popular trend shortly. It is one that that will change how we serve meats and other foods.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 8:48:05 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
>> One of my pairs of kitchen scissors broke a few weeks back. Not as in
>> broke
>> into pieces but something got sort of off kilter or something and they
>> were
>> sticking but apart. They were old. So I bought a pair of the Betty
>> Crocker
>> ones when I was in Dollar Tree.
>>
>> I tried to use them to cut up the meat for the Easter pies. But they
>> wouldn't cut it. In the past I have used a knife to cut the meat and
>> cheese
>> but some of the meat is greasy and it makes for a slippery mess. I wound
>> up
>> using the Betty scissors to hold the meat while using a different pair of
>> scissors to cut it.
>>
>> I can't really complain about the Betty scissors as they were only a
>> dollar
>> and they will cut other things. Apparently just not slippery, fatty,
>> Italian meats.

> I predict that cutting meats with scissors will be a popular trend
> shortly. It is one that that will change how we serve meats and other
> foods.

Do elucidate dear boy. I see you are into trends ;-)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 12:48:05 AM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
> One of my pairs of kitchen scissors broke a few weeks back. Not as in broke
> into pieces but something got sort of off kilter or something and they were
> sticking but apart. They were old. So I bought a pair of the Betty Crocker
> ones when I was in Dollar Tree.
>
> I tried to use them to cut up the meat for the Easter pies. But they
> wouldn't cut it. In the past I have used a knife to cut the meat and cheese
> but some of the meat is greasy and it makes for a slippery mess. I wound up
> using the Betty scissors to hold the meat while using a different pair of
> scissors to cut it.
>
> I can't really complain about the Betty scissors as they were only a dollar
> and they will cut other things. Apparently just not slippery, fatty,
> Italian meats.

Cheap Chinese JUNK!!!

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 24/03/2016 9:47 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 12:48:05 AM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
>> One of my pairs of kitchen scissors broke a few weeks back. Not as in broke
>> into pieces but something got sort of off kilter or something and they were
>> sticking but apart. They were old. So I bought a pair of the Betty Crocker
>> ones when I was in Dollar Tree.
>>
>> I tried to use them to cut up the meat for the Easter pies. But they
>> wouldn't cut it. In the past I have used a knife to cut the meat and cheese
>> but some of the meat is greasy and it makes for a slippery mess. I wound up
>> using the Betty scissors to hold the meat while using a different pair of
>> scissors to cut it.
>>
>> I can't really complain about the Betty scissors as they were only a dollar
>> and they will cut other things. Apparently just not slippery, fatty,
>> Italian meats.

> Cheap Chinese JUNK!!!

Like this? http://tiny.cc/l63aay
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 9:52:43 AM UTC-6, graham wrote:
> On 24/03/2016 9:47 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
> > On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 12:48:05 AM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
> >> One of my pairs of kitchen scissors broke a few weeks back. Not as in broke
> >> into pieces but something got sort of off kilter or something and they were
> >> sticking but apart. They were old. So I bought a pair of the Betty Crocker
> >> ones when I was in Dollar Tree.
> >>
> >> I tried to use them to cut up the meat for the Easter pies. But they
> >> wouldn't cut it. In the past I have used a knife to cut the meat and cheese
> >> but some of the meat is greasy and it makes for a slippery mess. I wound up
> >> using the Betty scissors to hold the meat while using a different pair of
> >> scissors to cut it.
> >>
> >> I can't really complain about the Betty scissors as they were only a dollar
> >> and they will cut other things. Apparently just not slippery, fatty,
> >> Italian meats.

> > Cheap Chinese JUNK!!!
> >

> Like this? http://tiny.cc/l63aay

No, like a preponderance of what MalWart sells!!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 11:59:35 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" <dsi1> wrote in message
> > On Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 8:48:05 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> >> One of my pairs of kitchen scissors broke a few weeks back. Not as in
> >> broke
> >> into pieces but something got sort of off kilter or something and they
> >> were
> >> sticking but apart. They were old. So I bought a pair of the Betty
> >> Crocker
> >> ones when I was in Dollar Tree.
> >>
> >> I tried to use them to cut up the meat for the Easter pies. But they
> >> wouldn't cut it. In the past I have used a knife to cut the meat and
> >> cheese
> >> but some of the meat is greasy and it makes for a slippery mess. I wound
> >> up
> >> using the Betty scissors to hold the meat while using a different pair of
> >> scissors to cut it.
> >>
> >> I can't really complain about the Betty scissors as they were only a
> >> dollar
> >> and they will cut other things. Apparently just not slippery, fatty,
> >> Italian meats.

> > I predict that cutting meats with scissors will be a popular trend
> > shortly. It is one that that will change how we serve meats and other
> > foods.

> Do elucidate dear boy. I see you are into trends ;-)
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

The Koreans are the wild n' crazy, high-energy, high-speed, Asians that will be trend-setters at least for the next decade. They are a technology and trend driven society. They're like a country on crystal meth.

As far as shears being used at the dining table goes - it makes sense to me. Using half a scissors and scraping it on a plate to cut meat seems pretty inefficient to me. A pair of scissors works a lot better.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message

>> > I predict that cutting meats with scissors will be a popular trend
>> > shortly. It is one that that will change how we serve meats and other
>> > foods.

>> Do elucidate dear boy. I see you are into trends ;-)
>>

> The Koreans are the wild n' crazy, high-energy, high-speed, Asians that
> will be trend-setters at least for the next decade. They are a technology
> and trend driven society. They're like a country on crystal meth.
>
> As far as shears being used at the dining table goes - it makes sense to
> me. Using half a scissors and scraping it on a plate to cut meat seems
> pretty inefficient to me. A pair of scissors works a lot better.

Whatever works best for you ... well so long as Mrs D doesn't disagree ...
<g>

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

>>> Do elucidate dear boy. I see you are into trends ;-)
>>>

>> The Koreans are the wild n' crazy, high-energy, high-speed, Asians that
>> will be trend-setters at least for the next decade. They are a technology
>> and trend driven society. They're like a country on crystal meth.
>>
>> As far as shears being used at the dining table goes - it makes sense to
>> me. Using half a scissors and scraping it on a plate to cut meat seems
>> pretty inefficient to me. A pair of scissors works a lot better.

> Whatever works best for you ... well so long as Mrs D doesn't disagree ...
> <g>

I learned the scissor trick from a caregiver. Works much better and quicker
than a knife when a person needs their food to be minced up.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 6:50:56 AM UTC-6, Gary wrote:
> Julie Bove wrote:
> >
> > I tried to use them to cut up the meat for the Easter pies. But they
> > wouldn't cut it. In the past I have used a knife to cut the meat and cheese
> > but some of the meat is greasy and it makes for a slippery mess.

> Even with very sharp knife, room temp meat can be too loose (and
> greasy) to cut as you want to. Best way to cut raw meat with a knife
> is to have it semi-frozen. It's very firm but still soft enough to
> slice through with no problem.
>
> I know you will discount this method but it works well for me.

Exactly! I used to do this with portions of flank steak. Freeze them then defrost in the microwave to just barely still frozen, then slice very thin across the grain. I used to do this for breakfasts when I was living in my minivan Baby down by he river over 1/2 my weeks back in the Spring of 2003! Epic Spring for me! I kayaked a LOT of whitewater that Spring! I'd put the sliced up flank steak in individual servings in small Ziploc bags, all peppered up with spices and a little Worchestershire, then refreeze for my cooler for steak and eggs breakfasts by the river! YUM!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> I tried to use them to cut up the meat for the Easter pies. But they
> wouldn't cut it. In the past I have used a knife to cut the meat and cheese
> but some of the meat is greasy and it makes for a slippery mess.

Even with very sharp knife, room temp meat can be too loose (and
greasy) to cut as you want to. Best way to cut raw meat with a knife
is to have it semi-frozen. It's very firm but still soft enough to
slice through with no problem.

I know you will discount this method but it works well for me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 11:00:37 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> >> Do elucidate dear boy. I see you are into trends ;-)
> >>

> > The Koreans are the wild n' crazy, high-energy, high-speed, Asians that
> > will be trend-setters at least for the next decade. They are a technology
> > and trend driven society. They're like a country on crystal meth.
> >
> > As far as shears being used at the dining table goes - it makes sense to
> > me. Using half a scissors and scraping it on a plate to cut meat seems
> > pretty inefficient to me. A pair of scissors works a lot better.

> Whatever works best for you ... well so long as Mrs D doesn't disagree ....
> <g>
>
> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

She won't disagree since she was raised by a Korean woman. My wife is the one that taught me of the ways of the Koreans. She told me that her brother once ate a gallon of fresh kim chee that her mom made. She recalls him lying on the kitchen floor, in pain, unable to move. I told her that maybe it's what killed him 50 years later. She agreed.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 8:44:52 AM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 6:50:56 AM UTC-6, Gary wrote:
> > Julie Bove wrote:
> > >
> > > I tried to use them to cut up the meat for the Easter pies. But they
> > > wouldn't cut it. In the past I have used a knife to cut the meat and cheese
> > > but some of the meat is greasy and it makes for a slippery mess.

> > Even with very sharp knife, room temp meat can be too loose (and
> > greasy) to cut as you want to. Best way to cut raw meat with a knife
> > is to have it semi-frozen. It's very firm but still soft enough to
> > slice through with no problem.
> >
> > I know you will discount this method but it works well for me.

> Exactly! I used to do this with portions of flank steak. Freeze them then defrost in the microwave to just barely still frozen, then slice very thin across the grain. I used to do this for breakfasts when I was living in my minivan Baby down by he river over 1/2 my weeks back in the Spring of 2003! Epic Spring for me! I kayaked a LOT of whitewater that Spring! I'd put the sliced up flank steak in individual servings in small Ziploc bags, all peppered up with spices and a little Worchestershire, then refreeze for my cooler for steak and eggs breakfasts by the river! YUM!

Your life's stories merit exclamation marks! A sign of a true narcissist!

> John Kuthe...

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> I tried to use them to cut up the meat for the Easter pies. But they
>> wouldn't cut it. In the past I have used a knife to cut the meat and
>> cheese
>> but some of the meat is greasy and it makes for a slippery mess.

> Even with very sharp knife, room temp meat can be too loose (and
> greasy) to cut as you want to. Best way to cut raw meat with a knife
> is to have it semi-frozen. It's very firm but still soft enough to
> slice through with no problem.
>
> I know you will discount this method but it works well for me.

I couldn't go back and uncook the meat. They were cold cuts.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message

>> > The Koreans are the wild n' crazy, high-energy, high-speed, Asians that
>> > will be trend-setters at least for the next decade. They are a
>> > technology
>> > and trend driven society. They're like a country on crystal meth.
>> >
>> > As far as shears being used at the dining table goes - it makes sense
>> > me. Using half a scissors and scraping it on a plate to cut meat seems
>> > pretty inefficient to me. A pair of scissors works a lot better.

>> Whatever works best for you ... well so long as Mrs D doesn't disagree
>> <g>
>>

> She won't disagree since she was raised by a Korean woman. My wife is the
> one that taught me of the ways of the Koreans. She told me that her
> brother once ate a gallon of fresh kim chee that her mom made. She recalls
> him lying on the kitchen floor, in pain, unable to move. I told her that
> maybe it's what killed him 50 years later. She agreed.

LOL it sure takes a long time to work You could get away with murder
with that one <g>

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 4:17:04 PM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Gary" > wrote in message ...
> > Julie Bove wrote:
> >>
> >> I tried to use them to cut up the meat for the Easter pies. But they
> >> wouldn't cut it. In the past I have used a knife to cut the meat and
> >> cheese
> >> but some of the meat is greasy and it makes for a slippery mess.

> > Even with very sharp knife, room temp meat can be too loose (and
> > greasy) to cut as you want to. Best way to cut raw meat with a knife
> > is to have it semi-frozen. It's very firm but still soft enough to
> > slice through with no problem.
> >
> > I know you will discount this method but it works well for me.

> I couldn't go back and uncook the meat. They were cold cuts.

We went to a buffet at a Chinese restaurant yesterday. They had raw
shrimp (ick), raw squid (others can have my share), and raw, thinly
sliced beef. The beef was good.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:

> On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 4:17:04 PM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:

> > > Even with very sharp knife, room temp meat can be too loose (and
> > > greasy) to cut as you want to. Best way to cut raw meat with a knife
> > > is to have it semi-frozen. It's very firm but still soft enough to
> > > slice through with no problem.
> > >
> > > I know you will discount this method but it works well for me.

> > I couldn't go back and uncook the meat. They were cold cuts.

> We went to a buffet at a Chinese restaurant yesterday. They had raw
> shrimp (ick), raw squid (others can have my share), and raw, thinly
> sliced beef. The beef was good.

Raw meat of any kind is a no go for me. IMO, while you might like it
raw, you'll probably like it better at least a tiny bit cooked.

As for Julie that couldn't cut slimy coldcuts with a knife...all she
needed to do was to chill them down to a bit firm and they could cut
fine. No need to hold slimy coldcuts and use a pair of scissors.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.usenet.kooks

Default JULIE BOVE TALKS ABOUT HER "Betty Crocker Scissors"

On 3/23/2016 11:47 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> One of my pairs of kitchen scissors broke a few weeks back. Not as in
> broke into pieces but something got sort of off kilter or something and
> they were sticking but apart. They were old. So I bought a pair of the
> Betty Crocker ones when I was in Dollar Tree.

Wow! I didn't know Betty even made scissors. I thought she just baked
stuff.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 12:54:02 AM UTC-7, dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 8:48:05 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> > One of my pairs of kitchen scissors broke a few weeks back. Not as in broke
> > into pieces but something got sort of off kilter or something and they were
> > sticking but apart. They were old. So I bought a pair of the Betty Crocker
> > ones when I was in Dollar Tree.
> >
> > I tried to use them to cut up the meat for the Easter pies. But they
> > wouldn't cut it. In the past I have used a knife to cut the meat and cheese
> > but some of the meat is greasy and it makes for a slippery mess. I wound up
> > using the Betty scissors to hold the meat while using a different pair of
> > scissors to cut it.
> >
> > I can't really complain about the Betty scissors as they were only a dollar
> > and they will cut other things. Apparently just not slippery, fatty,
> > Italian meats.

> I predict that cutting meats with scissors will be a popular trend shortly. It is one that that will change how we serve meats and other foods.

I need scissors to cut open the bacon vacuum pack, so I decided to cut
the actual bacon in half, so it fits better in the pan. I just have to
remember to give each person an equal number of "left halves" and
"right halves," lest they think I am hogging the leaner bits.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.usenet.kooks

On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 09:48:03 -0700, "Colonel Edmund J. Burke"
> wrote:

>On 3/23/2016 11:47 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> One of my pairs of kitchen scissors broke a few weeks back. Not as in
>> broke into pieces but something got sort of off kilter or something and
>> they were sticking but apart. They were old. So I bought a pair of the
>> Betty Crocker ones when I was in Dollar Tree.

>Wow! I didn't know Betty even made scissors. I thought she just baked
>stuff.

That's because you're a fake vet dumbass.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.usenet.kooks

On 3/26/2016 10:08 AM, Skeet wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 09:48:03 -0700, "Colonel Edmund J. Burke"
> > wrote:
>
>> On 3/23/2016 11:47 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> One of my pairs of kitchen scissors broke a few weeks back. Not as in
>>> broke into pieces but something got sort of off kilter or something and
>>> they were sticking but apart. They were old. So I bought a pair of the
>>> Betty Crocker ones when I was in Dollar Tree.

>> Wow! I didn't know Betty even made scissors. I thought she just baked
>> stuff.

> That's because you're a fake vet dumbass.

Now, now... Is that any way to talk to a full bird Colonel, little tattler?
LOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.usenet.kooks

On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 10:11:21 -0700, "Colonel Edmund J. Burke"
> wrote:

>On 3/26/2016 10:08 AM, Skeet wrote:
>> On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 09:48:03 -0700, "Colonel Edmund J. Burke"
>> > wrote:

>>> Wow! I didn't know Betty even made scissors. I thought she just baked
>>> stuff.

>> That's because you're a fake vet dumbass.
>>

>Now, now... Is that any way to talk to a full bird Colonel, little tattler?
>LOL

I shit in your general direction. I served, you didn't.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.usenet.kooks

On 3/26/2016 10:13 AM, Skeet wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 10:11:21 -0700, "Colonel Edmund J. Burke"
> > wrote:
>
>> On 3/26/2016 10:08 AM, Skeet wrote:
>>> On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 09:48:03 -0700, "Colonel Edmund J. Burke"

>>> That's because you're a fake vet dumbass.
>>>

>> Now, now... Is that any way to talk to a full bird Colonel, little tattler?
>> LOL

> I shit in your general direction. I served, you didn't.

Giving *** men fellatio in public restrooms is not the same thing, faggot.
LOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 11:34:53 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:

>> > I couldn't go back and uncook the meat. They were cold cuts.

>> We went to a buffet at a Chinese restaurant yesterday. They had raw
>> shrimp (ick), raw squid (others can have my share), and raw, thinly
>> sliced beef. The beef was good.

>Raw meat of any kind is a no go for me. IMO, while you might like it
>raw, you'll probably like it better at least a tiny bit cooked.
>
>As for Julie that couldn't cut slimy coldcuts with a knife...all she
>needed to do was to chill them down to a bit firm and they could cut
>fine. No need to hold slimy coldcuts and use a pair of scissors.

I've never had trouble slicing a whole stack of coldcuts, just slip em
between two slices of bread with enough mustard to lube the knife....
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.usenet.kooks

>Giving *** men fellatio in public restrooms is not the same thing, faggot.
>LOL

I'm glad you finally fessed up about what you really did for our
country.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 12:54:02 AM UTC-7, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 8:48:05 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> > > One of my pairs of kitchen scissors broke a few weeks back. Not
> > > as in broke into pieces but something got sort of off kilter or
> > > something and they were sticking but apart. They were old. So I
> > > bought a pair of the Betty Crocker ones when I was in Dollar Tree.
> > >
> > > I tried to use them to cut up the meat for the Easter pies. But
> > > they wouldn't cut it. In the past I have used a knife to cut the
> > > meat and cheese but some of the meat is greasy and it makes for a
> > > slippery mess. I wound up using the Betty scissors to hold the
> > > meat while using a different pair of scissors to cut it.
> > >
> > > I can't really complain about the Betty scissors as they were
> > > only a dollar and they will cut other things. Apparently just
> > > not slippery, fatty, Italian meats.

> > I predict that cutting meats with scissors will be a popular trend
> > shortly. It is one that that will change how we serve meats and
> > other foods.

> I need scissors to cut open the bacon vacuum pack, so I decided to cut
> the actual bacon in half, so it fits better in the pan. I just have
> to remember to give each person an equal number of "left halves" and
> "right halves," lest they think I am hogging the leaner bits.

LOL! Works for me. We have kitchen shears for some things. Cutting
open heavey vacuum seal packs is one of them.

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 14:08:27 -0500, Gary > wrote:

wrote:

>> I need scissors to cut open the bacon vacuum pack, so I decided to cut
>> the actual bacon in half, so it fits better in the pan.

>I've always cut bacon in half too. As you said, it fits well into the
>pan.

That's something a dwarf would do.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:

>> > I couldn't go back and uncook the meat. They were cold cuts.

>> We went to a buffet at a Chinese restaurant yesterday. They had raw
>> shrimp (ick), raw squid (others can have my share), and raw, thinly
>> sliced beef. The beef was good.

> Raw meat of any kind is a no go for me. IMO, while you might like it
> raw, you'll probably like it better at least a tiny bit cooked.
>
> As for Julie that couldn't cut slimy coldcuts with a knife...all she
> needed to do was to chill them down to a bit firm and they could cut
> fine. No need to hold slimy coldcuts and use a pair of scissors.

They were chilled.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, March 26, 2016 at 6:58:17 AM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 12:54:02 AM UTC-7, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 8:48:05 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> > > One of my pairs of kitchen scissors broke a few weeks back. Not as in broke
> > > into pieces but something got sort of off kilter or something and they were
> > > sticking but apart. They were old. So I bought a pair of the Betty Crocker
> > > ones when I was in Dollar Tree.
> > >
> > > I tried to use them to cut up the meat for the Easter pies. But they
> > > wouldn't cut it. In the past I have used a knife to cut the meat and cheese
> > > but some of the meat is greasy and it makes for a slippery mess. I wound up
> > > using the Betty scissors to hold the meat while using a different pair of
> > > scissors to cut it.
> > >
> > > I can't really complain about the Betty scissors as they were only a dollar
> > > and they will cut other things. Apparently just not slippery, fatty,
> > > Italian meats.

> > I predict that cutting meats with scissors will be a popular trend shortly. It is one that that will change how we serve meats and other foods.

> I need scissors to cut open the bacon vacuum pack, so I decided to cut
> the actual bacon in half, so it fits better in the pan. I just have to
> remember to give each person an equal number of "left halves" and
> "right halves," lest they think I am hogging the leaner bits.

You're the meticulous type. I don't mind some randomness. Sometimes you luck out and sometimes you don't. OTOH, this is bacon we're talking about so folks should he happy with whatever they get!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, March 26, 2016 at 11:35:37 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:

> As for Julie that couldn't cut slimy coldcuts with a knife...all she
> needed to do was to chill them down to a bit firm and they could cut
> fine. No need to hold slimy coldcuts and use a pair of scissors.

I would guess that along with not wanting to touch raw chicken,
she also doesn't want to touch "slimy" cold cuts, and didn't
do anything about steadying them with her non-knife hand.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.usenet.kooks

On 3/27/2016 1:30 AM, Bite My Shiny Metal Ass wrote:

>> It's known here as Unlucky Fried Pigeon.

> Some people eat pigeon. Isn't that an english dish? I
> presume it's not the urban ones.

Farm raised AFAIK. It is good, but I'd just as well have chicken Better
meat to bone ratio.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/27/2016 10:55 AM, Gary wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>> Farm raised AFAIK. It is good, but I'd just as well have chicken Better
>> meat to bone ratio.

> I shot and ate a quail once. So small, it wasn't worth the effort.
> I'll stick to chicken'

Thank you for snipping the cross-posting, Gary.

When I lived in TN quail hunting was a big deal. I can't imagine why.
As you say, they are not large birds. More trouble than they're worth.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 3/27/2016 1:30 AM, Bite My Shiny Metal Ass wrote:
>

> >> It's known here as Unlucky Fried Pigeon.

> > Some people eat pigeon. Isn't that an english dish? I
> > presume it's not the urban ones.
> >

> Farm raised AFAIK. It is good, but I'd just as well have chicken Better
> meat to bone ratio.

I shot and ate a quail once. So small, it wasn't worth the effort.
I'll stick to chicken'
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>> > Some people eat pigeon. Isn't that an english dish? I
>> > presume it's not the urban ones.
>> >

>> Farm raised AFAIK. It is good, but I'd just as well have chicken Better
>> meat to bone ratio.

> I shot and ate a quail once. So small, it wasn't worth the effort.
> I'll stick to chicken'

I cook pigeon, rabbit, quail etc but in game pie.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.usenet.kooks

On 3/27/2016 9:48 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 3/27/2016 1:30 AM, Bite My Shiny Metal Ass wrote:
>

>>> It's known here as Unlucky Fried Pigeon.

>> Some people eat pigeon. Isn't that an english dish? I
>> presume it's not the urban ones.
>>

> Farm raised AFAIK. It is good, but I'd just as well have chicken Better
> meat to bone ratio.

Are you a buck-toothed limey faggot?
LOL