Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Favorite things to do with Russets?

Although Russets are not my favorite potatoes, I seem to have quite a few of
them. They're mainly small. So, IMO not so good for baking. I prefer the
larger for those. But due to our horribly damp weather (I think), they are
starting to go soft so I need to use them up ASAP.

I just put a casserole of my own creation in the fridge for baking tomorrow.
I used a mixture of cooked ground beef, canned green beans and some lightly
cooked chopped celery and onions on the bottom, seasoned with a little salt,
pepper and parsley. I mixed in a little bit of beef gravy for moisture.
The top layer is some thinly sliced potatoes, with the same seasonings as
the beef and smothered with more gravy. We'll see.

I was contemplating hobo packets made in the oven. Husband and daughter do
like them but they seem so similar to the casserole.

Have tried Hasselback. I like those but they don't. They're also not fond
of mashed. Husband will eat things like au gratin on occasion but daughter
won't. Both do like home fries but that sounds so boring. I could put some
in a soup but *sigh* I still want to make the bean soup. Guess I will have
to push that off a little further until I get a grip on these potatoes.

Is there anything I'm missing? I am thinking that they might do best if
mixed with other things since at least some are starting to get mushy. I
may just get rid of the mushy ones and use the rest.

Thanks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 01:47:49 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>Although Russets are not my favorite potatoes, I seem to have quite a few of
>them. They're mainly small. So, IMO not so good for baking. I prefer the
>larger for those. But due to our horribly damp weather (I think), they are
>starting to go soft so I need to use them up ASAP.
>
>I just put a casserole of my own creation in the fridge for baking tomorrow.
>I used a mixture of cooked ground beef, canned green beans and some lightly
>cooked chopped celery and onions on the bottom, seasoned with a little salt,
>pepper and parsley. I mixed in a little bit of beef gravy for moisture.
>The top layer is some thinly sliced potatoes, with the same seasonings as
>the beef and smothered with more gravy. We'll see.
>
>I was contemplating hobo packets made in the oven. Husband and daughter do
>like them but they seem so similar to the casserole.
>
>Have tried Hasselback. I like those but they don't. They're also not fond
>of mashed. Husband will eat things like au gratin on occasion but daughter
>won't. Both do like home fries but that sounds so boring. I could put some
>in a soup but *sigh* I still want to make the bean soup. Guess I will have
>to push that off a little further until I get a grip on these potatoes.
>
>Is there anything I'm missing? I am thinking that they might do best if
>mixed with other things since at least some are starting to get mushy. I
>may just get rid of the mushy ones and use the rest.

Cut them into 1/2" cubes, and toss with a mixture of dijon mustard,
olive oil, salt & pepper. Lay some tinfoil on a baking sheet, spread
the potatoes over the foil, and roast at 450F for 30 to 45 minutes.
Toss them around a few times so they get nice and brown.

You can just eat them as is, or you can use them in roasted potato
salad, with a bit of mayo and onion and maybe some crumbled bacon.

Doris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Although Russets are not my favorite potatoes, I seem to have quite a
> few of them. They're mainly small. So, IMO not so good for baking.
> I prefer the larger for those. But due to our horribly damp weather
> (I think), they are starting to go soft so I need to use them up ASAP.
>
> I just put a casserole of my own creation in the fridge for baking
> tomorrow. I used a mixture of cooked ground beef, canned green beans
> and some lightly cooked chopped celery and onions on the bottom,
> seasoned with a little salt, pepper and parsley. I mixed in a little
> bit of beef gravy for moisture. The top layer is some thinly sliced
> potatoes, with the same seasonings as the beef and smothered with
> more gravy. We'll see.
>
> I was contemplating hobo packets made in the oven. Husband and
> daughter do like them but they seem so similar to the casserole.
>
> Have tried Hasselback. I like those but they don't. They're also
> not fond of mashed. Husband will eat things like au gratin on
> occasion but daughter won't. Both do like home fries but that sounds
> so boring. I could put some in a soup but sigh I still want to make
> the bean soup. Guess I will have to push that off a little further
> until I get a grip on these potatoes.
>
> Is there anything I'm missing? I am thinking that they might do best
> if mixed with other things since at least some are starting to get
> mushy. I may just get rid of the mushy ones and use the rest.
>
> Thanks!

Hi Julie,

The casserole sounds fine. I'd be jazzing it up with spices but simple
works too.

Besides fancy things, 3 of our popular uses for those smaller ones
(after removing any bad spots) are he

- Steamed 'whole' poatoes, these go in the crockpot, washed but not
dried with a palmful of water. Although not baked potatoes, they work
well to split and fill with bits of other things and serve.

- Rough cut to something like home fries or cubes but slow cook them in
a frying pan (cast iron optimal but can be other) with a mix of butter,
olive oil, and in our case, duck fat (we make a duck every 6 weeks so
always have some saved fat for this). I add black pepper, onions, and
such others as match what I have available. It's close to cube style
hash browns.

- Potato salad. Keeps pretty well but here tends to get eaten up
pretty fast. Rough cut or neatly cube, your choice. Simmer to tender
then drain (plunge in cold water right away to keep them shapely). Add
dressing of choice, mine is mayo and one of several mustards we have at
any given time. Matter of fact have a mustard question in a minute for
another post. I like to add slivered red raw onion to it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doris Night" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 01:47:49 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>Although Russets are not my favorite potatoes, I seem to have quite a few
>>of
>>them. They're mainly small. So, IMO not so good for baking. I prefer
>>the
>>larger for those. But due to our horribly damp weather (I think), they
>>are
>>starting to go soft so I need to use them up ASAP.
>>
>>I just put a casserole of my own creation in the fridge for baking
>>tomorrow.
>>I used a mixture of cooked ground beef, canned green beans and some
>>lightly
>>cooked chopped celery and onions on the bottom, seasoned with a little
>>salt,
>>pepper and parsley. I mixed in a little bit of beef gravy for moisture.
>>The top layer is some thinly sliced potatoes, with the same seasonings as
>>the beef and smothered with more gravy. We'll see.
>>
>>I was contemplating hobo packets made in the oven. Husband and daughter
>>do
>>like them but they seem so similar to the casserole.
>>
>>Have tried Hasselback. I like those but they don't. They're also not
>>fond
>>of mashed. Husband will eat things like au gratin on occasion but
>>daughter
>>won't. Both do like home fries but that sounds so boring. I could put
>>some
>>in a soup but *sigh* I still want to make the bean soup. Guess I will
>>have
>>to push that off a little further until I get a grip on these potatoes.
>>
>>Is there anything I'm missing? I am thinking that they might do best if
>>mixed with other things since at least some are starting to get mushy. I
>>may just get rid of the mushy ones and use the rest.

> Cut them into 1/2" cubes, and toss with a mixture of dijon mustard,
> olive oil, salt & pepper. Lay some tinfoil on a baking sheet, spread
> the potatoes over the foil, and roast at 450F for 30 to 45 minutes.
> Toss them around a few times so they get nice and brown.
>
> You can just eat them as is, or you can use them in roasted potato
> salad, with a bit of mayo and onion and maybe some crumbled bacon.

Thanks! I'm glad you like that but mustard and potato don't work for me
unless it is in potato salad. I did try a recipe where the potatoes were
roasted in mustard but I don't remember it being well liked.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> Although Russets are not my favorite potatoes, I seem to have quite a
>> few of them. They're mainly small. So, IMO not so good for baking.
>> I prefer the larger for those. But due to our horribly damp weather
>> (I think), they are starting to go soft so I need to use them up ASAP.
>>
>> I just put a casserole of my own creation in the fridge for baking
>> tomorrow. I used a mixture of cooked ground beef, canned green beans
>> and some lightly cooked chopped celery and onions on the bottom,
>> seasoned with a little salt, pepper and parsley. I mixed in a little
>> bit of beef gravy for moisture. The top layer is some thinly sliced
>> potatoes, with the same seasonings as the beef and smothered with
>> more gravy. We'll see.
>>
>> I was contemplating hobo packets made in the oven. Husband and
>> daughter do like them but they seem so similar to the casserole.
>>
>> Have tried Hasselback. I like those but they don't. They're also
>> not fond of mashed. Husband will eat things like au gratin on
>> occasion but daughter won't. Both do like home fries but that sounds
>> so boring. I could put some in a soup but sigh I still want to make
>> the bean soup. Guess I will have to push that off a little further
>> until I get a grip on these potatoes.
>>
>> Is there anything I'm missing? I am thinking that they might do best
>> if mixed with other things since at least some are starting to get
>> mushy. I may just get rid of the mushy ones and use the rest.
>>
>> Thanks!

> Hi Julie,
>
> The casserole sounds fine. I'd be jazzing it up with spices but simple
> works too.
>
> Besides fancy things, 3 of our popular uses for those smaller ones
> (after removing any bad spots) are he
>
> - Steamed 'whole' poatoes, these go in the crockpot, washed but not
> dried with a palmful of water. Although not baked potatoes, they work
> well to split and fill with bits of other things and serve.
>
> - Rough cut to something like home fries or cubes but slow cook them in
> a frying pan (cast iron optimal but can be other) with a mix of butter,
> olive oil, and in our case, duck fat (we make a duck every 6 weeks so
> always have some saved fat for this). I add black pepper, onions, and
> such others as match what I have available. It's close to cube style
> hash browns.
>
> - Potato salad. Keeps pretty well but here tends to get eaten up
> pretty fast. Rough cut or neatly cube, your choice. Simmer to tender
> then drain (plunge in cold water right away to keep them shapely). Add
> dressing of choice, mine is mayo and one of several mustards we have at
> any given time. Matter of fact have a mustard question in a minute for
> another post. I like to add slivered red raw onion to it.

Thanks. I pretty much stopped eating potato salad. Nobody eats it when I
make it. . Steamed are a no go too. Just far too boring.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 01:47:49 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>Although Russets are not my favorite potatoes, I seem to have quite a few of
>them.

<snip>

You know damned well you'll reject every single suggestion given to
you, so what is your motive for posting the question in the first
place?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 07:43:05 +1100, Jeßus > wrote:

>On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 01:47:49 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:
>
>>Although Russets are not my favorite potatoes, I seem to have quite a few of
>>them.

><snip>
>
>You know damned well you'll reject every single suggestion given to
>you, so what is your motive for posting the question in the first
>place?

She's two for two so far.

Doris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-03-12, Doris Night > wrote:

> She's two for two so far.

Whew! ....I was beginning to think I was the only one.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 12:08:21 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Doris Night" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 01:47:49 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>Although Russets are not my favorite potatoes, I seem to have quite a few
>>>of
>>>them. They're mainly small. So, IMO not so good for baking. I prefer
>>>the
>>>larger for those. But due to our horribly damp weather (I think), they
>>>are
>>>starting to go soft so I need to use them up ASAP.
>>>
>>>I just put a casserole of my own creation in the fridge for baking
>>>tomorrow.
>>>I used a mixture of cooked ground beef, canned green beans and some
>>>lightly
>>>cooked chopped celery and onions on the bottom, seasoned with a little
>>>salt,
>>>pepper and parsley. I mixed in a little bit of beef gravy for moisture.
>>>The top layer is some thinly sliced potatoes, with the same seasonings as
>>>the beef and smothered with more gravy. We'll see.
>>>
>>>I was contemplating hobo packets made in the oven. Husband and daughter
>>>do
>>>like them but they seem so similar to the casserole.
>>>
>>>Have tried Hasselback. I like those but they don't. They're also not
>>>fond
>>>of mashed. Husband will eat things like au gratin on occasion but
>>>daughter
>>>won't. Both do like home fries but that sounds so boring. I could put
>>>some
>>>in a soup but *sigh* I still want to make the bean soup. Guess I will
>>>have
>>>to push that off a little further until I get a grip on these potatoes.
>>>
>>>Is there anything I'm missing? I am thinking that they might do best if
>>>mixed with other things since at least some are starting to get mushy. I
>>>may just get rid of the mushy ones and use the rest.

>> Cut them into 1/2" cubes, and toss with a mixture of dijon mustard,
>> olive oil, salt & pepper. Lay some tinfoil on a baking sheet, spread
>> the potatoes over the foil, and roast at 450F for 30 to 45 minutes.
>> Toss them around a few times so they get nice and brown.
>>
>> You can just eat them as is, or you can use them in roasted potato
>> salad, with a bit of mayo and onion and maybe some crumbled bacon.

>Thanks! I'm glad you like that but mustard and potato don't work for me
>unless it is in potato salad.

I like potatoes and I like mustard, but not together... I don't want
any onion or bacon in my potato salad either. As an aside yesterday's
dinner was take out from a very good local Italian restaurant, it
included a large plastic container of salad with little plastic
containers of blue cheese dressing. Would have been very good but as
soon as I opened that container of salad I was smacked in the face
with woofy onion stench... it included sliced onion that were probably
sliced that morning (maybe the night before), smelled disgusting... I
immediately tossed it outside to compost... reminded me why I never
preslice onions and save sliced onions for later. Once I cut into an
onion I either use it all immediately or toss it. The saw-seege
w/peppers hero was excellent but the salad was ruined... next time I
will be sure to tell them NO onions in my salad. No restaurant should
ever add raw onions to a salad anyway unless the patron requests them.
I like raw onions but only if the onion was sliced into no more than
15 minutes ago. Eating onions sliced more than 15 minutes previously
is like performing cunnilingus on a woman who hasn't bathed for four
hours and has already peed 2-4 times. The best oral sex is while
showering together.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-03-12 3:43 PM, Je�us wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 01:47:49 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> Although Russets are not my favorite potatoes, I seem to have quite a few of
>> them.

> <snip>
>
> You know damned well you'll reject every single suggestion given to
> you, so what is your motive for posting the question in the first
> place?

Isn't it obvious? It is the perfect opportunity to start a new thread
about the Bove and her vortex of dysfunction.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 16:20:44 -0500, Doris Night
> wrote:

>On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 07:43:05 +1100, Jeßus > wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 01:47:49 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:
>>
>>>Although Russets are not my favorite potatoes, I seem to have quite a few of
>>>them.

>><snip>
>>
>>You know damned well you'll reject every single suggestion given to
>>you, so what is your motive for posting the question in the first
>>place?

>She's two for two so far.

Yep
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 17:49:55 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2016-03-12 3:43 PM, Je?us wrote:
>> On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 01:47:49 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Although Russets are not my favorite potatoes, I seem to have quite a few of
>>> them.

>> <snip>
>>
>> You know damned well you'll reject every single suggestion given to
>> you, so what is your motive for posting the question in the first
>> place?
>>

>Isn't it obvious? It is the perfect opportunity to start a new thread
>about the Bove and her vortex of dysfunction.

I know, it was a rhetorical question on my part.
And I do realise that your answer was likewise rhetorical
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, March 12, 2016 at 11:37:49 AM UTC-6, cshenk wrote:

> we make a duck every 6 weeks

Only God can make a duck.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 16:15:46 -0800 (PST), MisterDiddyWahDiddy
> wrote:

>On Saturday, March 12, 2016 at 11:37:49 AM UTC-6, cshenk wrote:
>>
>> we make a duck every 6 weeks
>>

>Only God can make a duck.

The only thing 'god' can do is lighten your wallet and/or decrease
one's ability to be rational. Only ducks and drakes can make more
ducks.

Hmm, now I'm hankering for some duck... maybe 'god' will provide for
me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> [...]

> > them in a frying pan (cast iron optimal but can be other) with a
> > mix of butter, olive oil, and in our case, duck fat (we make a duck
> > every 6 weeks so always have some saved fat for this). I add black
> > pepper, onions, and such others as match what I have available.
> > It's close to cube style hash browns.
> >
> > - Potato salad. Keeps pretty well but here tends to get eaten up
> > pretty fast. Rough cut or neatly cube, your choice. Simmer to
> > tender then drain (plunge in cold water right away to keep them
> > shapely). Add dressing of choice, mine is mayo and one of several
> > mustards we have at any given time. Matter of fact have a mustard
> > question in a minute for another post. I like to add slivered red
> > raw onion to it.

> Thanks. I pretty much stopped eating potato salad. Nobody eats it
> when I make it. . Steamed are a no go too. Just far too boring.

They also do well in a creamed potato soup, where you can steam (or
boil) them then add to chicken stock then use a stick blender. We add
butter and steamed eddo (small taro) to that for a distinctive almost
spicy (mild spicy) addition.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Je_us wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 16:15:46 -0800 (PST), MisterDiddyWahDiddy
> > wrote:
>
> > On Saturday, March 12, 2016 at 11:37:49 AM UTC-6, cshenk wrote:
> >>
> >> we make a duck every 6 weeks
> > >

> > Only God can make a duck.

> The only thing 'god' can do is lighten your wallet and/or decrease
> one's ability to be rational. Only ducks and drakes can make more
> ducks.
>
> Hmm, now I'm hankering for some duck... maybe 'god' will provide for
> me.

LOL!

Anyways, it's almost duck time here since I'm low on duck fat (in the
UK, they sell rendered duck fat but I've never seen it stateside).

Don even got me a special lidded roaster with a V shaped rack that fits
the standard duck perfectly. We got our first duck in Japan at what
for there was a great price and I fiddled about with all sorts of
recipes online plus in any cookbooks I had. Main problem was no
lifting rack so I was designing a sort of lift with clean metal cans
that would fit in my roasting pan. Before I got to use that, Don
gifted me with a real lidded roster with the rack and been doing that
ever since.

Probably make one next weekend? I have 2 in the freezer.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-03-13, Janet > wrote:

> No man can resist these and neither will those teenagers.

Of course not. They include three of the primary food groups,
starches, bacon, and cheese. The only thing missing is beer.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/13/2016 12:02 PM, notbob wrote:
> On 2016-03-13, Janet > wrote:
>
>> No man can resist these and neither will those teenagers.

> Of course not. They include three of the primary food groups,
> starches, bacon, and cheese. The only thing missing is beer.
>
> nb

There should have been a beer pictured off to the side.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>Although Russets are not my favorite potatoes, I seem to have
>quite a few of them.
>
>Is there anything I'm missing? I am thinking that they might do
>best if mixed with other things since at least some are starting
>to get mushy. I may just get rid of the mushy ones and use the
>rest.
>
>Thanks!

Perfect for your mushy potatoes... The Bove Family with Angela:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/1119083...d=1&rmvSB=true

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" > wrote in message
> They also do well in a creamed potato soup, where you can steam (or
> boil) them then add to chicken stock then use a stick blender. We add
> butter and steamed eddo (small taro) to that for a distinctive almost
> spicy (mild spicy) addition.

Yes. Sadly, nobody here likes that. I did a potato and leek soup that I
liked buy nobody else did.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

t...

http://www.thinkingaboutfood.com/200...was-posted-by-
> sally-on.html
>
> Janet UK

Actually, in this house, they will. They won't eat potato skins and I
expect these are too small for that. But thanks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 10:28:26 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Je_us wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> Hmm, now I'm hankering for some duck... maybe 'god' will provide for
>> me.

>LOL!
>
>Anyways, it's almost duck time here since I'm low on duck fat (in the
>UK, they sell rendered duck fat but I've never seen it stateside).

It can be bought in shops here, expensive but well worth it IMO. I
used to buy 1KG tubs at a time which cost around AUD$40. Now I render
and save any duck or goose fat from my own birds... nothing better for
roast spuds (for example), as I'm sure you know.

>Don even got me a special lidded roaster with a V shaped rack that fits
>the standard duck perfectly.

I actually need something like that myself - a roasting pan designed
for ducks. Hmm...

>We got our first duck in Japan at what
>for there was a great price and I fiddled about with all sorts of
>recipes online plus in any cookbooks I had. Main problem was no
>lifting rack so I was designing a sort of lift with clean metal cans
>that would fit in my roasting pan. Before I got to use that, Don
>gifted me with a real lidded roster with the rack and been doing that
>ever since.
>
>Probably make one next weekend? I have 2 in the freezer.

You have me thinking now... I have a whole duck in the freezer (minus
the leg quarters), I should make a soup or something else with it this
week if it cools down a bit.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-03-13 2:00 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Julie Bove wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>>
>> Although Russets are not my favorite potatoes, I seem to have
>> quite a few of them.
>>
>> Is there anything I'm missing? I am thinking that they might do
>> best if mixed with other things since at least some are starting
>> to get mushy. I may just get rid of the mushy ones and use the
>> rest.
>>
>> Thanks!

> Perfect for your mushy potatoes... The Bove Family with Angela:
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/1119083...d=1&rmvSB=true

Okay. That made me laugh ;-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Je_us wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 10:28:26 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
> > Je_us wrote in rec.food.cooking:
> >
> >> Hmm, now I'm hankering for some duck... maybe 'god' will provide

> for >> me.
> >
> > LOL!
> >
> > Anyways, it's almost duck time here since I'm low on duck fat (in
> > the UK, they sell rendered duck fat but I've never seen it
> > stateside).

> It can be bought in shops here, expensive but well worth it IMO. I
> used to buy 1KG tubs at a time which cost around AUD$40. Now I render
> and save any duck or goose fat from my own birds... nothing better for
> roast spuds (for example), as I'm sure you know.
>
> > Don even got me a special lidded roaster with a V shaped rack that
> > fits the standard duck perfectly.

> I actually need something like that myself - a roasting pan designed
> for ducks. Hmm...
>
> > We got our first duck in Japan at what
> > for there was a great price and I fiddled about with all sorts of
> > recipes online plus in any cookbooks I had. Main problem was no
> > lifting rack so I was designing a sort of lift with clean metal cans
> > that would fit in my roasting pan. Before I got to use that, Don
> > gifted me with a real lidded roster with the rack and been doing
> > that ever since.
> >
> > Probably make one next weekend? I have 2 in the freezer.

> You have me thinking now... I have a whole duck in the freezer (minus
> the leg quarters), I should make a soup or something else with it this
> week if it cools down a bit.

Works for me! The roaster may not have been intended only for duck but
it sure works for one!

I get mine frozen (domestically raised sorts) so no way to get the legs
off. I cook it all at the same time then vacuum seal and freeze some
parts for later eating.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 17:41:16 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2016-03-13 2:00 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> Julie Bove wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>>>
>>> Although Russets are not my favorite potatoes, I seem to have
>>> quite a few of them.
>>>
>>> Is there anything I'm missing? I am thinking that they might do
>>> best if mixed with other things since at least some are starting
>>> to get mushy. I may just get rid of the mushy ones and use the
>>> rest.
>>>
>>> Thanks!

>> Perfect for your mushy potatoes... The Bove Family with Angela:
>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/1119083...d=1&rmvSB=true
>>

>Okay. That made me laugh ;-)

I didn't know there was such a thing as the potato head family, I was
just searching for Mr. Potato Head. Now I will never let the Bove
live it down, Angela is the Bove Fingerling! LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 16:59:14 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Je_us wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>> On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 10:28:26 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:
>> > Je_us wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>> You have me thinking now... I have a whole duck in the freezer (minus
>> the leg quarters), I should make a soup or something else with it this
>> week if it cools down a bit.

>Works for me! The roaster may not have been intended only for duck but
>it sure works for one!
>
>I get mine frozen (domestically raised sorts) so no way to get the legs
>off. I cook it all at the same time then vacuum seal and freeze some
>parts for later eating.

Good idea.