FoodBanter.com

-   -   What kind of a trashy cook would use this "recipe"?? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/436320-what-kind-trashy-cook.html)

MisterDiddyWahDiddy 10-03-2016 04:21 PM

What kind of a trashy cook would use this "recipe"??

http://www.ro-tel.com/recipes-King-R...cken-3541.html

Dog vomit.

--Bryan

cshenk 10-03-2016 06:10 PM

MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> http://www.ro-tel.com/recipes-King-R...cken-3541.html
>
> Dog vomit.
>
> --Bryan

Actually the bad thing is it takes a person 20 minutes to prep that?
What, 5 minutes to open each can or something? Being generous to the
kitchen challenged, it's a 10 minute prep there.

Gary 10-03-2016 06:47 PM

cshenk wrote:

> MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
> > http://www.ro-tel.com/recipes-King-R...cken-3541.html
> >
> > Dog vomit.
> >
> > --Bryan

> Actually the bad thing is it takes a person 20 minutes to prep that?
> What, 5 minutes to open each can or something? Being generous to the
> kitchen challenged, it's a 10 minute prep there.

And why is that a bad thing? If it tastes good, why not?
Not all good meals come from scratch.
They even sell some pretty decent frozen meals now.
Heat and serve.

Janet B 10-03-2016 07:37 PM

On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 12:10:47 -0600, "cshenk" > wrote:

>MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> http://www.ro-tel.com/recipes-King-R...cken-3541.html
>>
>> Dog vomit.
>>
>> --Bryan

>Actually the bad thing is it takes a person 20 minutes to prep that?
>What, 5 minutes to open each can or something? Being generous to the
>kitchen challenged, it's a 10 minute prep there.

I'll bow to your experience with opening cans.
Janet US

cshenk 10-03-2016 07:52 PM

Gary wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> cshenk wrote:
> >
> > MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote in rec.food.cooking:
> >
> > > http://www.ro-tel.com/recipes-King-R...cken-3541.html
> > >
> > > Dog vomit.
> > >
> > > --Bryan

> > Actually the bad thing is it takes a person 20 minutes to prep that?
> > What, 5 minutes to open each can or something? Being generous to the
> > kitchen challenged, it's a 10 minute prep there.

> And why is that a bad thing? If it tastes good, why not?
> Not all good meals come from scratch.
> They even sell some pretty decent frozen meals now.
> Heat and serve.

Actually I dont have a problem with the recipe (Bryan does, not me).
Sure with more time, I can do something else but there's not anything
terribly wrong with this one other than over the salt allowances I need
to keep Don's BP in control.

I view the recipe as a 'grow with it' and swap bits about. I saw online
many added spices of their own desire to it and were pretty happy.

Bryan who has never to my knowledge freehand posted a true recipe to
the group, likes to stir stuff up and diss the cookery of others pretty
often. He's into links..
Carol

John Kuthe[_3_] 10-03-2016 08:50 PM

On Thursday, March 10, 2016 at 1:52:53 PM UTC-6, cshenk wrote:
> Gary wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
> > cshenk wrote:

> > > Actually the bad thing is it takes a person 20 minutes to prep that?
> > > What, 5 minutes to open each can or something? Being generous to the
> > > kitchen challenged, it's a 10 minute prep there.

> > And why is that a bad thing? If it tastes good, why not?
> > Not all good meals come from scratch.
> > They even sell some pretty decent frozen meals now.
> > Heat and serve.

> Actually I dont have a problem with the recipe (Bryan does, not me).
> Sure with more time, I can do something else but there's not anything
> terribly wrong with this one other than over the salt allowances I need
> to keep Don's BP in control.
>
> I view the recipe as a 'grow with it' and swap bits about. I saw online
> many added spices of their own desire to it and were pretty happy.
>
> Bryan who has never to my knowledge freehand posted a true recipe to
> the group, likes to stir stuff up and diss the cookery of others pretty
> often. He's into links..
> Carol
>

> --

Bryan is just feeding his Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Bryan always feels HIS food choices are the best of the best, and everyone should follow his lead on them, and if not, he berates you in very childish ways. Classic Narcissism!

John Kuthe...

Colonel Edmund J. Burke[_13_] 10-03-2016 10:22 PM

On 3/10/2016 10:47 AM, Gary wrote:

> And why is that a bad thing? If it tastes good, why not?

Er, that's wot she said, Gary.
LOL

Julie Bove[_2_] 11-03-2016 12:45 AM

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> cshenk wrote:
>>
>> MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>>
>> > http://www.ro-tel.com/recipes-King-R...cken-3541.html
>> >
>> > Dog vomit.
>> >
>> > --Bryan

>> Actually the bad thing is it takes a person 20 minutes to prep that?
>> What, 5 minutes to open each can or something? Being generous to the
>> kitchen challenged, it's a 10 minute prep there.

> And why is that a bad thing? If it tastes good, why not?
> Not all good meals come from scratch.
> They even sell some pretty decent frozen meals now.
> Heat and serve.

Not IMO. Not if you look at the ingredients.

John Kuthe[_3_] 11-03-2016 02:04 AM

On Thursday, March 10, 2016 at 6:45:23 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Gary" > wrote in message ...
> > cshenk wrote:

> >> Actually the bad thing is it takes a person 20 minutes to prep that?
> >> What, 5 minutes to open each can or something? Being generous to the
> >> kitchen challenged, it's a 10 minute prep there.

> > And why is that a bad thing? If it tastes good, why not?
> > Not all good meals come from scratch.
> > They even sell some pretty decent frozen meals now.
> > Heat and serve.

> Not IMO. Not if you look at the ingredients.

You are correct. There are two whole CANS of concentrated "cream of" Campbell's salt BOMBS!! Yuck!!

John Kuthe...

Julie Bove[_2_] 11-03-2016 04:34 AM

"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
> On Thursday, March 10, 2016 at 6:45:23 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:

>> > And why is that a bad thing? If it tastes good, why not?
>> > Not all good meals come from scratch.
>> > They even sell some pretty decent frozen meals now.
>> > Heat and serve.

>> Not IMO. Not if you look at the ingredients.

> You are correct. There are two whole CANS of concentrated "cream of"
> Campbell's salt BOMBS!! Yuck!!
>
> John Kuthe...

I meant the frozen meals. I do buy some frozen items but not meals.

Jeßus[_53_] 11-03-2016 06:30 AM

What kind of a trashy cook would use this "recipe"??

On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 08:21:44 -0800 (PST), MisterDiddyWahDiddy
> wrote:

>http://www.ro-tel.com/recipes-King-R...cken-3541.html
>
>Dog vomit.

That has Gary written all over it...

Jeßus[_53_] 11-03-2016 06:31 AM

On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 13:47:59 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>cshenk wrote:
>>
>> MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>>
>> > http://www.ro-tel.com/recipes-King-R...cken-3541.html
>> >
>> > Dog vomit.
>> >
>> > --Bryan

>> Actually the bad thing is it takes a person 20 minutes to prep that?
>> What, 5 minutes to open each can or something? Being generous to the
>> kitchen challenged, it's a 10 minute prep there.

>And why is that a bad thing? If it tastes good, why not?
>Not all good meals come from scratch.
>They even sell some pretty decent frozen meals now.
>Heat and serve.

Yeah, thought so :)

Jeßus[_53_] 11-03-2016 06:32 AM

What kind of a trashy cook would use this "recipe"??

On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 12:50:12 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>Bryan is just feeding his Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Bryan always feels HIS food choices are the best of the best, and everyone should follow his lead on them, and if not, he berates you >in very childish ways. Classic Narcissism!

Sounds just like you, really.

jinx the minx 11-03-2016 08:21 AM

Jeßus > wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 12:50:12 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> > wrote:
>
>> Bryan is just feeding his Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Bryan
>> always feels HIS food choices are the best of the best, and everyone
>> should follow his lead on them, and if not, he berates you >in very
>> childish ways. Classic Narcissism!

> Sounds just like you, really.

Word.

--
jinx the minx

sf[_9_] 11-03-2016 11:14 AM

What kind of a trashy cook would use this "recipe"??

On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 18:04:24 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> wrote:

> On Thursday, March 10, 2016 at 6:45:23 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:

> > > And why is that a bad thing? If it tastes good, why not?
> > > Not all good meals come from scratch.
> > > They even sell some pretty decent frozen meals now.
> > > Heat and serve.

> > Not IMO. Not if you look at the ingredients.

> You are correct. There are two whole CANS of concentrated "cream of" Campbell's salt BOMBS!! Yuck!!
>
> John Kuthe...

Have you no ability to look at a recipe and go freehand? Seems like
Bryan is just as unimaginative too.

--

sf

cshenk 11-03-2016 11:36 PM

sf wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 18:04:24 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> > wrote:

> > > that? >> What, 5 minutes to open each can or something? Being
> > > generous to the >> kitchen challenged, it's a 10 minute prep
> > > there.

> > > Not IMO. Not if you look at the ingredients.

> > You are correct. There are two whole CANS of concentrated "cream
> > of" Campbell's salt BOMBS!! Yuck!!
> >
> > John Kuthe...

> Have you no ability to look at a recipe and go freehand? Seems like
> Bryan is just as unimaginative too.

It can be a little frustrating sometimes here in the group but we all
have different abilities.

Charlotte is making a curry dish. The only thing she asked was me to
help peel the carrots while she made the 6 cups brown gravy and curry
spices up, plus 6 cups rice in the rice maker. Charlotte is not as
advanced as some here, and more advanced than many others here.

cshenk 11-03-2016 11:37 PM

Janet B wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 12:10:47 -0600, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
> > MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote in rec.food.cooking:
> >
> >> http://www.ro-tel.com/recipes-King-R...cken-3541.html
> >>
> >> Dog vomit.
> >>
> >> --Bryan

> > Actually the bad thing is it takes a person 20 minutes to prep that?
> > What, 5 minutes to open each can or something? Being generous to the
> > kitchen challenged, it's a 10 minute prep there.

> I'll bow to your experience with opening cans.
> Janet US

I do not think there is anyone here who takes 5 minutes to open a can
and it's the only way to explain that the prep in that recipe takes 20
minutes.

jinx the minx 12-03-2016 12:13 AM

cshenk > wrote:
> Janet B wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>>> Actually the bad thing is it takes a person 20 minutes to prep that?
>>> What, 5 minutes to open each can or something? Being generous to the
>>> kitchen challenged, it's a 10 minute prep there.

>> I'll bow to your experience with opening cans.
>> Janet US

> I do not think there is anyone here who takes 5 minutes to open a can
> and it's the only way to explain that the prep in that recipe takes 20
> minutes.

There was also an onion and bell pepper to chop and sauté.

--
jinx the minx

MisterDiddyWahDiddy 12-03-2016 01:06 AM

On Thursday, March 10, 2016 at 8:04:30 PM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Thursday, March 10, 2016 at 6:45:23 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:

> > > And why is that a bad thing? If it tastes good, why not?
> > > Not all good meals come from scratch.
> > > They even sell some pretty decent frozen meals now.
> > > Heat and serve.

> > Not IMO. Not if you look at the ingredients.

> You are correct. There are two whole CANS of concentrated "cream of" Campbell's salt BOMBS!! Yuck!!

John is berating others' food choices, and he's doing so
EMPHATICALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Notice the capital letters and the
exclamation marks.

> John Kuthe...

--Bryan

cshenk 12-03-2016 04:45 AM

jinx the minx wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> cshenk > wrote:
> > Janet B wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> that? >>> What, 5 minutes to open each can or something? Being
> generous to the >>> kitchen challenged, it's a 10 minute prep there.
> >>
> >> I'll bow to your experience with opening cans.
> >> Janet US

> > I do not think there is anyone here who takes 5 minutes to open a
> > can and it's the only way to explain that the prep in that recipe
> > takes 20 minutes.
> >

> There was also an onion and bell pepper to chop and sauté.

The only part that took any time at all and they would have been 5 mins
total for both.

Julie Bove[_2_] 12-03-2016 05:02 AM

"jinx the minx" > wrote in message
> cshenk > wrote:
>> Janet B wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>>> I'll bow to your experience with opening cans.
>>> Janet US

>> I do not think there is anyone here who takes 5 minutes to open a can
>> and it's the only way to explain that the prep in that recipe takes 20
>> minutes.
>>

> There was also an onion and bell pepper to chop and sauté.

Sometimes onions can take a little while. I had one with a really hard skin
on it last night. But normally they are quick to fix and peppers certainly
are if you do it right. My parents always cut around the top, carefully
extracted the seeds and pith and then slices into rings. If they needed
chopped, then they chopped the rings. My dad was horrified at how I did it.

I remember seeing this technique on the How To Boil Water show. Just wash,
then run your knife carefully down the sides making long chunks. You'll
almost always avoid the seeds this way and if you are good at it you can
avoid the pith as well. I have also seen a way to make do similar to where
the whole bulk of the pepper comes off in one piece.

After I was done, my dad then told me that I had wasted the bottom of it. I
just looked at him and chopped the bottom. Then he tried to say something
about the top but I chopped it as well. He then looked dejected and walked
off. I suspect that both parents learned the ring technique from watching
their parents or grandparents who always put out fancy relish plates. They
would have wanted the rings for that. They just never considered that there
was another way to cut them.

It's one thing if you need whole peppers or you want the ring shape. But if
you don't? Why go through all that?

sf[_9_] 12-03-2016 07:03 AM

On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 17:36:05 -0600, "cshenk" > wrote:

> sf wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>

> > Have you no ability to look at a recipe and go freehand? Seems like
> > Bryan is just as unimaginative too.

> It can be a little frustrating sometimes here in the group but we all
> have different abilities.
>
> Charlotte is making a curry dish. The only thing she asked was me to
> help peel the carrots while she made the 6 cups brown gravy and curry
> spices up, plus 6 cups rice in the rice maker. Charlotte is not as
> advanced as some here, and more advanced than many others here.

I would say so. Have you introduced her to Kheema? Very simple and
not saucy. Lots of variations for the green part, I used green beans.
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1...urry-and-raita
<http://littleninjachef.com/2012/01/26/little-indian-dinner/little-indian-dinner-a-nice-keema-ground-beef-curry-with-a-mix-of-collard-mustard-and-kale-greens-yoghurt-and-quite-secretly-avocado-co-starring-a-lovely-cucumber-raita-and-brown-rice/>

This was a great episode. The ground meat is lamb.
http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/show...f-friends.html

I just saw a Chinese version of it today (ground meat and green beans,
I'd use long beans) that looks interesting enough to try sometime. I
used to make something similar, but with strips of meat - not ground.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/emilyhorng/c...ans#.lipdJY8z2

--

sf

John Kuthe[_3_] 12-03-2016 07:32 AM

On Friday, March 11, 2016 at 7:06:41 PM UTC-6, MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:
> On Thursday, March 10, 2016 at 8:04:30 PM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:

> > > Not IMO. Not if you look at the ingredients.

> > You are correct. There are two whole CANS of concentrated "cream of" Campbell's salt BOMBS!! Yuck!!
> >

> John is berating others' food choices, and he's doing so
> EMPHATICALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Notice the capital letters and the
> exclamation marks.
> >
> > John Kuthe...

> --Bryan

I'm actually stressing the incredibly high salt content of Campbell's soup. I''ll bet between those two cans is 2KG of SALT! Close to it anyway.

John Kuthe...

Julie Bove[_2_] 12-03-2016 08:17 AM

"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
> On Friday, March 11, 2016 at 7:06:41 PM UTC-6, MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:

>> > You are correct. There are two whole CANS of concentrated "cream of"
>> > Campbell's salt BOMBS!! Yuck!!
>> >

>> John is berating others' food choices, and he's doing so
>> EMPHATICALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Notice the capital letters and the
>> exclamation marks.
>> >
>> > John Kuthe...

>> --Bryan

> I'm actually stressing the incredibly high salt content of Campbell's
> soup. I''ll bet between those two cans is 2KG of SALT! Close to it anyway.
>
> John Kuthe...

But most people don't have a problem with sodium and they do make a low
sodium soup.

sf[_9_] 12-03-2016 08:19 AM

On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 17:37:55 -0600, "cshenk" > wrote:

> Janet B wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> > > Actually the bad thing is it takes a person 20 minutes to prep that?
> > > What, 5 minutes to open each can or something? Being generous to the
> > > kitchen challenged, it's a 10 minute prep there.

> > I'll bow to your experience with opening cans.
> > Janet US

> I do not think there is anyone here who takes 5 minutes to open a can
> and it's the only way to explain that the prep in that recipe takes 20
> minutes.

You have to assemble the ingredients to prep, melt the butter, tear
the tortillas up, chop the peppers, chop the onion, chop the chicken
(which I'd shred) and shred the cheese. It takes time. Usually they
under estimate it, but I think it's fairly accurate if you follow what
the recipe suggests.

--

sf

Janet B 12-03-2016 03:33 PM

On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 00:19:12 -0800, sf > wrote:

>On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 17:37:55 -0600, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
>> Janet B wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>> > I'll bow to your experience with opening cans.
>> > Janet US

>> I do not think there is anyone here who takes 5 minutes to open a can
>> and it's the only way to explain that the prep in that recipe takes 20
>> minutes.

>You have to assemble the ingredients to prep, melt the butter, tear
>the tortillas up, chop the peppers, chop the onion, chop the chicken
>(which I'd shred) and shred the cheese. It takes time. Usually they
>under estimate it, but I think it's fairly accurate if you follow what
>the recipe suggests.

agreed. Prep times on recipes really mean nothing more than a
guesstimate of your time commitment. I don't prepare dinner like I'm
a contestant on a game show.
Janet US

John Kuthe[_3_] 12-03-2016 03:58 PM

On Saturday, March 12, 2016 at 2:18:07 AM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
> "John Kuthe" > wrote in message

> >> John is berating others' food choices, and he's doing so
> >> EMPHATICALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Notice the capital letters and the
> >> exclamation marks.

> >> --Bryan

> > I'm actually stressing the incredibly high salt content of Campbell's
> > soup. I''ll bet between those two cans is 2KG of SALT! Close to it anyway.
> >
> > John Kuthe...

> But most people don't have a problem with sodium and they do make a low
> sodium soup.

Which is still loaded with salt! Most all processed foods are. Restaurant foods too! Salt is very cheap and makes people go "YUM!", much like sugar!

John Kuthe...

Gary 12-03-2016 04:20 PM

John Kuthe wrote:

> Which is still loaded with salt! Most all processed foods are. Restaurant foods too! Salt is very cheap and makes people go "YUM!", much like sugar!

And speaking of salt, I'm about out so I bought a canister of salt
today. Just regular old container of salt.

The Morton was 89 cents for 28oz.
I bought the same exact thing labeled "Essential Everyday" for 49
cents.

jinx the minx 12-03-2016 05:19 PM

Janet B > wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 00:19:12 -0800, sf > wrote:

>>> I do not think there is anyone here who takes 5 minutes to open a can
>>> and it's the only way to explain that the prep in that recipe takes 20
>>> minutes.

>> You have to assemble the ingredients to prep, melt the butter, tear
>> the tortillas up, chop the peppers, chop the onion, chop the chicken
>> (which I'd shred) and shred the cheese. It takes time. Usually they
>> under estimate it, but I think it's fairly accurate if you follow what
>> the recipe suggests.

> agreed. Prep times on recipes really mean nothing more than a
> guesstimate of your time commitment. I don't prepare dinner like I'm
> a contestant on a game show.
> Janet US

For me, that's half the fun of cooking. I enjoy the prep work, I don't
rush through it half-assed.

--
jinx the minx

cshenk 12-03-2016 06:18 PM

sf wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 17:36:05 -0600, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
> > sf wrote in rec.food.cooking:
> >

> > > Have you no ability to look at a recipe and go freehand? Seems
> > > like Bryan is just as unimaginative too.

> > It can be a little frustrating sometimes here in the group but we
> > all have different abilities.
> >
> > Charlotte is making a curry dish. The only thing she asked was me
> > to help peel the carrots while she made the 6 cups brown gravy and
> > curry spices up, plus 6 cups rice in the rice maker. Charlotte is
> > not as advanced as some here, and more advanced than many others
> > here.

> I would say so. Have you introduced her to Kheema? Very simple and
> not saucy. Lots of variations for the green part, I used green beans.
> http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1...urry-and-raita
> <http://littleninjachef.com/2012/01/2...ner/little-ind
> ian-dinner-a-nice-keema-ground-beef-curry-with-a-mix-of-collard-mustar
> d-and-kale-greens-yoghurt-and-quite-secretly-avocado-co-starring-a-lov
> ely-cucumber-raita-and-brown-rice/>
>
> This was a great episode. The ground meat is lamb.
> http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/show...violi/100/meen
> a-and-mona-three-generations-of-friends.html
>
> I just saw a Chinese version of it today (ground meat and green beans,
> I'd use long beans) that looks interesting enough to try sometime. I
> used to make something similar, but with strips of meat - not ground.
> http://www.buzzfeed.com/emilyhorng/c...ans#.lipdJY8z2

OOOOH!!

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/c...h-yellow-curry

I think that sounds right up our alley! We like a saucy curry.

cshenk 12-03-2016 06:40 PM

Julie Bove wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "jinx the minx" > wrote in message
> -septem
> ber.org... >cshenk > wrote:

> > > I do not think there is anyone here who takes 5 minutes to open a
> > > can and it's the only way to explain that the prep in that recipe
> > > takes 20 minutes.
> > >

> > There was also an onion and bell pepper to chop and sauté.

> Sometimes onions can take a little while. I had one with a really
> hard skin on it last night. But normally they are quick to fix and
> peppers certainly are if you do it right. My parents always cut
> around the top, carefully extracted the seeds and pith and then
> slices into rings. If they needed chopped, then they chopped the
> rings. My dad was horrified at how I did it.
>
> I remember seeing this technique on the How To Boil Water show. Just
> wash, then run your knife carefully down the sides making long
> chunks. You'll almost always avoid the seeds this way and if you are
> good at it you can avoid the pith as well. I have also seen a way to
> make do similar to where the whole bulk of the pepper comes off in
> one piece.
>
> After I was done, my dad then told me that I had wasted the bottom of
> it. I just looked at him and chopped the bottom. Then he tried to
> say something about the top but I chopped it as well. He then looked
> dejected and walked off. I suspect that both parents learned the
> ring technique from watching their parents or grandparents who always
> put out fancy relish plates. They would have wanted the rings for
> that. They just never considered that there was another way to cut
> them.
>
> It's one thing if you need whole peppers or you want the ring shape.
> But if you don't? Why go through all that?

Grin, cutting aside, I can do a bell pepper or an onion in 1 minute
easy and I'm no fancy show chef with a cleaver. I suppose one could be
very slow tearing up 6 tortillas?

Anyways, I dont have a probem with the recipe itself though a bit off
my normal, just the 20 minutes pre time. Nope.

cshenk 12-03-2016 06:44 PM

What kind of a trashy cook would use this "recipe"??

Gary wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> John Kuthe wrote:
> >
> > Which is still loaded with salt! Most all processed foods are.
> > Restaurant foods too! Salt is very cheap and makes people go
> > "YUM!", much like sugar!

> And speaking of salt, I'm about out so I bought a canister of salt
> today. Just regular old container of salt.
>
> The Morton was 89 cents for 28oz.
> I bought the same exact thing labeled "Essential Everyday" for 49
> cents.

Yup. Oh, and Kroger and Food lion both have a pretty decent store
brand Tomato soup.

Janet B 12-03-2016 07:08 PM

What kind of a trashy cook would use this "recipe"??

On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 11:19:45 -0600, jinx the minx
> wrote:

>Janet B > wrote:
>> On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 00:19:12 -0800, sf > wrote:

snip

>> agreed. Prep times on recipes really mean nothing more than a
>> guesstimate of your time commitment. I don't prepare dinner like I'm
>> a contestant on a game show.
>> Janet US
>>

>For me, that's half the fun of cooking. I enjoy the prep work, I don't
>rush through it half-assed.

exactly. I enjoy that part too.
Janet US

Julie Bove[_2_] 12-03-2016 08:11 PM

"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
> On Saturday, March 12, 2016 at 2:18:07 AM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
>> "John Kuthe" > wrote in message

>> > I'm actually stressing the incredibly high salt content of Campbell's
>> > soup. I''ll bet between those two cans is 2KG of SALT! Close to it
>> > anyway.
>> >
>> > John Kuthe...

>> But most people don't have a problem with sodium and they do make a low
>> sodium soup.

> Which is still loaded with salt! Most all processed foods are. Restaurant
> foods too! Salt is very cheap and makes people go "YUM!", much like sugar!

So? Salt is only a problem if one is salt sensitive and that's not many of
us.

Jeßus[_53_] 12-03-2016 08:45 PM

What kind of a trashy cook would use this "recipe"??

On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 12:11:59 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
>>>

>> Which is still loaded with salt! Most all processed foods are. Restaurant
>> foods too! Salt is very cheap and makes people go "YUM!", much like sugar!

>So? Salt is only a problem if one is salt sensitive and that's not many of
>us.

Remember you said that when you next invent yet another food allergy
for yourself.

John Kuthe[_3_] 12-03-2016 08:51 PM

On Saturday, March 12, 2016 at 2:12:09 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
> "John Kuthe" > wrote in message

> >> But most people don't have a problem with sodium and they do make a low
> >> sodium soup.

> > Which is still loaded with salt! Most all processed foods are. Restaurant
> > foods too! Salt is very cheap and makes people go "YUM!", much like sugar!

> So? Salt is only a problem if one is salt sensitive and that's not many of
> us.

We are ALL salt sensitive, DUH!! One of the three main electolytes in our bodies and bloodstream! Normally an excess of dietary salt causes one to be very thirsty for water, which is how our bodies flush out the excess salt/sodium. Of course an excess of salt also plays a large role in high blood pressure and a host of other maladies.

John Kuthe...

rosie[_1_] 12-03-2016 08:59 PM

On Thursday, March 10, 2016 at 10:21:48 AM UTC-6, MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:
> http://www.ro-tel.com/recipes-King-R...cken-3541.html
>
> Dog vomit.
>
> --Bryan

OK I am a trashy cook. I make this every once in awhile and it is good. Give it a try.

dsi1[_20_] 12-03-2016 09:11 PM

On 3/12/2016 10:59 AM, rosie wrote:
> On Thursday, March 10, 2016 at 10:21:48 AM UTC-6, MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:
>> http://www.ro-tel.com/recipes-King-R...cken-3541.html
>>
>> Dog vomit.
>>
>> --Bryan

> OK I am a trashy cook. I make this every once in awhile and it is good. Give it a try.

I don't think you're a trashy cook. Anybody that says that about people
that cook for the ones they love is a trashy human.

I wouldn't make the dish myself but I'd certainly try it. The foods
typically prepared by Americans in the 60's and 70's fascinate me. We
never got into that kind of cooking on this rock in the middle of
nowhere. One of these days, I'd like to have a dinner party with 60's
American foods. My son can make the green bean casserole. :)

Doris Night[_3_] 12-03-2016 09:26 PM

What kind of a trashy cook would use this "recipe"??

>Julie Bove wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>> Sometimes onions can take a little while. I had one with a really
>> hard skin on it last night.

Julie, you need a sharper knife.

Doris

cshenk 12-03-2016 09:54 PM

rosie wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Thursday, March 10, 2016 at 10:21:48 AM UTC-6, MisterDiddyWahDiddy
> wrote:
> > http://www.ro-tel.com/recipes-King-R...cken-3541.html
> >
> > Dog vomit.
> >
> > --Bryan

> OK I am a trashy cook. I make this every once in awhile and it is
> good. Give it a try.

I dont have a problem with it overall. I'd adapt it a bit though to my
own tastes which would omit the tortillas and serve on a bed or rice.
Probably add a can of black olives. I'd be making 1/2 the recipe most
likely and more apt to use a boneless dark meat like thighs.

I'd use the rest of the ro-tel can for something else.

Carol