Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What kind of a trashy cook would use this "recipe"??

On Thu, 17 Mar 2016 15:52:27 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 3/16/2016 6:17 PM, Roy wrote:
>

>> Julie, does your endocrinologist know that you refer to him as "my Endo"? Not very good form to familiarize his profession status in such a way.
>> If I were to refer to my Thoracic surgeon as "my Thoracic guy", it wouldn't go over too well with his peers, I am sure.

>Why? I know a doctor that referred to a cardiologist as "the heart guy"
> Doctors are real people too. Had dinner with a couple of them last
>night in fact. They are not as stuffy as you make them out to be.

We used to refer to my late father's urologist as "the dick doctor".
(Not to his face.)

Doris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-03-17 5:06 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 3/17/2016 3:25 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> On Wed, 16 Mar 2016 18:40:59 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>> Julie, does your endocrinologist know that you refer to him as "my
>>> Endo"?
>>> Not very good form to familiarize his profession status in such a way.
>>> If I were to refer to my Thoracic surgeon as "my Thoracic guy", it
>>> wouldn't
>>> go over too well with his peers, I am sure.
>>> By the way, confidential consultations with your "Endo" should remain
>>> just
>>> that...CONFIDENTIAL AND SECRET. Relating his conclusions and your
>>> rebuttal
>>> to them are not our business either...PLEASE remember that. If he
>>> were to
>>> hear of your behaviour in this regard, he would ream your ass out,
>>> but good.
>>> ====

>> Then he'd be her Procto. . .
>>

> I don't know how those docs can stand being the butt of jokes every
> single day.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2X_XNdmWws

I think they like this one better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_43f9RzAqMM

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/17/2016 5:43 PM, Doris Night wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Mar 2016 15:52:27 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
>> On 3/16/2016 6:17 PM, Roy wrote:
>>

>>> Julie, does your endocrinologist know that you refer to him as "my Endo"? Not very good form to familiarize his profession status in such a way.
>>> If I were to refer to my Thoracic surgeon as "my Thoracic guy", it wouldn't go over too well with his peers, I am sure.

>> Why? I know a doctor that referred to a cardiologist as "the heart guy"
>> Doctors are real people too. Had dinner with a couple of them last
>> night in fact. They are not as stuffy as you make them out to be.

> We used to refer to my late father's urologist as "the dick doctor".
> (Not to his face.)
>
> Doris

I'm sure they've heard it all.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/17/2016 12:07 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2016-03-17 5:06 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>> On 3/17/2016 3:25 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>> On Wed, 16 Mar 2016 18:40:59 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>>> Then he'd be her Procto. . .
>>>

>> I don't know how those docs can stand being the butt of jokes every
>> single day.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2X_XNdmWws

> I think they like this one better:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_43f9RzAqMM

That's a nice guitar. The player looks like Dennis Wolfburg. I love that
guy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r9LAYaIvP4
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, March 17, 2016 at 4:35:50 PM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:
> On 3/17/2016 12:07 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

> >> I don't know how those docs can stand being the butt of jokes every
> >> single day.
> >>
> >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2X_XNdmWws

> > I think they like this one better:
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_43f9RzAqMM
> >

> That's a nice guitar. The player looks like Dennis Wolfburg. I love that
> guy!
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r9LAYaIvP4

Dat vas a very funny clip...tanks!
====

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/17/2016 12:54 PM, Roy wrote:
> On Thursday, March 17, 2016 at 4:35:50 PM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:

>>> I think they like this one better:
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_43f9RzAqMM
>>>

>> That's a nice guitar. The player looks like Dennis Wolfburg. I love that
>> guy!
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r9LAYaIvP4

> Dat vas a very funny clip...tanks!
> ====

I enjoyed it myself - again.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, March 16, 2016 at 11:21:15 PM UTC-6, sf wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2016 20:54:21 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> > wrote:
>
> > On Wednesday, March 16, 2016 at 8:03:45 PM UTC-6, sf wrote:
> > > On Wed, 16 Mar 2016 14:38:25 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe

> > > I can do that and often do. We char our steaks on purpose.
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > sf

> > You DO realize I'm being stupidly facetious. There's carbon in everything you eat!
> >

> Are you going to wave some degree around now?
>
> --
>
> sf

No it;s basic chemistry. Were you not paying attenmtion? You sound like the middle school kid I told not to drink the water from the lab bench sinks because it contained a lot of hydrogen!! And ie believed me and didnt drink it!!

DUH! People are so gullible when ignorant!!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 Mar 2016 17:34:44 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, March 16, 2016 at 11:21:15 PM UTC-6, sf wrote:
>> On Wed, 16 Mar 2016 20:54:21 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
>> > wrote:

>> > You DO realize I'm being stupidly facetious. There's carbon in everything you eat!
>> >

>> Are you going to wave some degree around now?
>>

>No it;s basic chemistry. Were you not paying attenmtion? You sound like the middle school kid I told not to drink the water from the lab bench sinks because it contained a lot of hydrogen!! And ie believed me and didnt drink it!!
>
>DUH! People are so gullible when ignorant!!

That explains a lot of your rantings.

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 Mar 2016 10:09:58 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> On 2016-03-16 10:03 PM, sf wrote:
>
> >> Make sure also that you get enough carbon in your diet! Carbon is
> >> an oft ignored mineral! Burnt BBQ is a good and delicious way to
> >> insure a sufficient carbon intake! ;-)
> >>

> > I can do that and often do. We char our steaks on purpose.
> >

> The steaks are only charred because there is already carbon in it.
> Organic matter, by definition, contains carbon.

Good god. You too?

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 Mar 2016 15:52:27 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

> On 3/16/2016 6:17 PM, Roy wrote:
>

> > Julie, does your endocrinologist know that you refer to him as "my Endo"? Not very good form to familiarize his profession status in such a way.
> > If I were to refer to my Thoracic surgeon as "my Thoracic guy", it wouldn't go over too well with his peers, I am sure.

> Why? I know a doctor that referred to a cardiologist as "the heart guy"
> Doctors are real people too. Had dinner with a couple of them last
> night in fact. They are not as stuffy as you make them out to be.

Which reminds me of the Seinfeld episode about the proctologist's
license plate that said "ass man".

--

sf

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 Mar 2016 11:06:55 -1000, dsi1 > wrote:

> I don't know how those docs can stand being the butt of jokes every
> single day.

They're crying all the way to the bank.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Roy wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> [...]

> > still having symptoms then they are not on the right dose of med
> > for them. I left the paper in the car so I can't tell you exactly
> > but I was close to 5.0 and he said I need to be closer to 1.0. So
> > he upped my dose a bit. I know from past experience that it can
> > take a few days to feel better on a new dose.

> Julie, does your endocrinologist know that you refer to him as "my
> Endo"? Not very good form to familiarize his profession status in
> such a way. If I were to refer to my Thoracic surgeon as "my
> Thoracic guy", it wouldn't go over too well with his peers, I am
> sure. By the way, confidential consultations with your "Endo" should
> remain just that...CONFIDENTIAL AND SECRET. Relating his conclusions
> and your rebuttal to them are not our business either...PLEASE
> remember that. If he were to hear of your behaviour in this regard,

Get real. Endo is a common short form. No endocrinologist is going to
get upset over it. They use the same term for themselves.

Also any patient is always welcome to self discuss what they found from
their own discussion with their own Doctor if they so wish. Its the
Doctor revealing it to others that isnt kosher.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, March 18, 2016 at 6:25:04 PM UTC-6, cshenk wrote:
> [...]

> > Endo"? Not very good form to familiarize his profession status in
> > such a way. If I were to refer to my Thoracic surgeon as "my
> > Thoracic guy", it wouldn't go over too well with his peers, I am
> > sure. By the way, confidential consultations with your "Endo" should
> > remain just that...CONFIDENTIAL AND SECRET. Relating his conclusions
> > and your rebuttal to them are not our business either...PLEASE
> > remember that. If he were to hear of your behaviour in this regard,
> > he would ream your ass out, but good. ====

> Get real. Endo is a common short form. No endocrinologist is going to
> get upset over it. They use the same term for themselves.
>
> Also any patient is always welcome to self discuss what they found from
> their own discussion with their own Doctor if they so wish. Its the
> Doctor revealing it to others that isnt kosher.

Julie reveals way too much information about her health problems IMHO, but I guess she knows more about her condition than the specialists do.
Perhaps she should start each posting with the words "DEAR DIARY". because that is what she is doing...airing her thoughts to her on-line diary. Now that is not KOSHER.
=====

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/18/2016 10:31 PM, Roy wrote:

> Julie reveals way too much information about her health problems IMHO, but I guess she knows more about her condition than the specialists do.
> Perhaps she should start each posting with the words "DEAR DIARY". because that is what she is doing...airing her thoughts to her on-line diary. Now that is not KOSHER.
> =====

She does not name names so nothing illegal takes place. I'll never met
Julie in person so what she says has no effect on me personally. It only
affects you if you allow it. Maybe her Endo guy reads this group, but
probably not so he won't care either. Best to use the kill file.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On 3/18/2016 10:31 PM, Roy wrote:
>
> > Julie reveals way too much information about her health problems
> > IMHO, but I guess she knows more about her condition than the
> > specialists do. Perhaps she should start each posting with the
> > words "DEAR DIARY". because that is what she is doing...airing her
> > thoughts to her on-line diary. Now that is not KOSHER. =====
> >

> She does not name names so nothing illegal takes place. I'll never
> met Julie in person so what she says has no effect on me personally.
> It only affects you if you allow it. Maybe her Endo guy reads this
> group, but probably not so he won't care either. Best to use the
> kill file.

Correct and even if she did name her Doctor, it's not illegal. It's
like if Gary asked if I knew a dentist that takes the Aetna dental PPO,
I'd pass him the name of ours. There are only 3 close by in our area
that I was able to find (who were taking new patients).

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, March 18, 2016 at 7:25:04 PM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:
> [...]

> > Endo"? Not very good form to familiarize his profession status in
> > such a way. If I were to refer to my Thoracic surgeon as "my
> > Thoracic guy", it wouldn't go over too well with his peers, I am
> > sure. By the way, confidential consultations with your "Endo" should
> > remain just that...CONFIDENTIAL AND SECRET. Relating his conclusions
> > and your rebuttal to them are not our business either...PLEASE
> > remember that. If he were to hear of your behaviour in this regard,
> > he would ream your ass out, but good. ====

> Get real. Endo is a common short form. No endocrinologist is going to
> get upset over it. They use the same term for themselves.
>
> Also any patient is always welcome to self discuss what they found from
> their own discussion with their own Doctor if they so wish. Its the
> Doctor revealing it to others that isnt kosher.

When I want to dis my endocrinologist, I call him a *gland hacker*.
Just kidding. I don't even have an endocrinologist.

--Bryan