Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Mail order fail.

I guess there are just some things that shouldn't be mail ordered. One
being Cape Cod potato chips. I can get them in the store here. Only a few
stores sell them. But at Walmart.com, I can get much larger bags for
cheaper. I ordered some awhile back. The top two bags arrived totally open
at the top and chips all over.

Contacted Walmart. They reshipped. Got two more bags. Same thing. Split
open. Chips all over. Never again.

Now today it was Enrico's pizza sauce. Again, I can get it in the stores
here but they had it MUCH cheaper at Walmart.com. I had to order a case.
Fine.

The box arrived today but... Uh oh. Why did it smell like pizza? And sure
enough, one bottle was totally crushed. They did seal the jars all together
in plastic so the glass and sauce was contained, but I had to risk getting
cut as I fished the other 5 jars out to rinse them off. And now I need a
shower because I still smell of pizza sauce.

I don't think I'm even going to bother contacting Walmart about this. It
would be more trouble than it is worth, I think.

I have ordered things in glass before with no problem. But this time, they
did not put any cushioning between the jars. So not a good idea. But even
with the broken jar, it was still considerably cheaper than if I had
purchased locally.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>I guess there are just some things that shouldn't be mail ordered. One
>being Cape Cod potato chips. I can get them in the store here. Only a few
>stores sell them. But at Walmart.com, I can get much larger bags for
>cheaper. I ordered some awhile back. The top two bags arrived totally
>open at the top and chips all over.
>
> Contacted Walmart. They reshipped. Got two more bags. Same thing.
> Split open. Chips all over. Never again.
>
> Now today it was Enrico's pizza sauce. Again, I can get it in the stores
> here but they had it MUCH cheaper at Walmart.com. I had to order a case.
> Fine.
>
> The box arrived today but... Uh oh. Why did it smell like pizza? And
> sure enough, one bottle was totally crushed. They did seal the jars all
> together in plastic so the glass and sauce was contained, but I had to
> risk getting cut as I fished the other 5 jars out to rinse them off. And
> now I need a shower because I still smell of pizza sauce.
>
> I don't think I'm even going to bother contacting Walmart about this. It
> would be more trouble than it is worth, I think.
>
> I have ordered things in glass before with no problem. But this time,
> they did not put any cushioning between the jars. So not a good idea.
> But even with the broken jar, it was still considerably cheaper than if I
> had purchased locally.

Sigh. Yes mail order. My online startup, mailorderomelettes.com, never got
off the ground. The world is just not ready.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 13:04:25 -0800, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

>I have ordered things in glass before with no problem. But this time, they
>did not put any cushioning between the jars. So not a good idea. But even
>with the broken jar, it was still considerably cheaper than if I had
>purchased locally.

I've ordered from Walmart with no problems,
but I doubt I'd ever order anything in glass
jars from them, OR most anyone else.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 13:21:47 -0800, "Paul M. Cook" > wrote:

>Sigh. Yes mail order. My online startup, mailorderomelettes.com, never got
>off the ground. The world is just not ready.

Like popcorn, some things are fine fresh, but age very poorly.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> This is all way too much drama for me. You really need to get a blog,
> Julie.
>
> -sw

You really need to quit following her around and stalking her, you
criminal woman-abuser.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/28/2016 11:04 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> I guess there are just some things that shouldn't be mail ordered. One
> being Cape Cod potato chips. I can get them in the store here. Only a
> few stores sell them. But at Walmart.com, I can get much larger bags
> for cheaper. I ordered some awhile back. The top two bags arrived
> totally open at the top and chips all over.
>
> Contacted Walmart. They reshipped. Got two more bags. Same thing.
> Split open. Chips all over. Never again.
>
> Now today it was Enrico's pizza sauce. Again, I can get it in the
> stores here but they had it MUCH cheaper at Walmart.com. I had to order
> a case. Fine.
>
> The box arrived today but... Uh oh. Why did it smell like pizza? And
> sure enough, one bottle was totally crushed. They did seal the jars all
> together in plastic so the glass and sauce was contained, but I had to
> risk getting cut as I fished the other 5 jars out to rinse them off.
> And now I need a shower because I still smell of pizza sauce.
>
> I don't think I'm even going to bother contacting Walmart about this.
> It would be more trouble than it is worth, I think.
>
> I have ordered things in glass before with no problem. But this time,
> they did not put any cushioning between the jars. So not a good idea.
> But even with the broken jar, it was still considerably cheaper than if
> I had purchased locally.

You think that's bad, lots of folks on the mainland will not sell stuff
to us through the mail. We might as well be in Uganda as far as the
sellers on the mainland are concerned. I tried to get a couple of vacuum
cleaner belts for $6 on eBay but the guy refused to send them to me
because he was afraid they'd get lost or damaged. That's pretty chicken
shit.

This problem is getting worse, you'd think it was the next new hip
trend. I should probably refuse to sell and mail stuff to the mainland
but that would be like shooting myself in the foot!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 16:16:58 -0800, The New Other Guy
> wrote:

>On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 13:21:47 -0800, "Paul M. Cook" > wrote:
>
>>Sigh. Yes mail order. My online startup, mailorderomelettes.com, never got
>>off the ground. The world is just not ready.

>Like popcorn, some things are fine fresh, but age very poorly.

??????? non sequitur
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, says...

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> >I guess there are just some things that shouldn't be mail ordered. One
> >being Cape Cod potato chips. I can get them in the store here. Only a few
> >stores sell them. But at Walmart.com, I can get much larger bags for
> >cheaper. I ordered some awhile back. The top two bags arrived totally
> >open at the top and chips all over.
> >
> > Contacted Walmart. They reshipped. Got two more bags. Same thing.
> > Split open. Chips all over. Never again.
> >
> > Now today it was Enrico's pizza sauce. Again, I can get it in the stores
> > here but they had it MUCH cheaper at Walmart.com. I had to order a case.
> > Fine.
> >
> > The box arrived today but... Uh oh. Why did it smell like pizza? And
> > sure enough, one bottle was totally crushed. They did seal the jars all
> > together in plastic so the glass and sauce was contained, but I had to
> > risk getting cut as I fished the other 5 jars out to rinse them off. And
> > now I need a shower because I still smell of pizza sauce.
> >
> > I don't think I'm even going to bother contacting Walmart about this. It
> > would be more trouble than it is worth, I think.
> >
> > I have ordered things in glass before with no problem. But this time,
> > they did not put any cushioning between the jars. So not a good idea.
> > But even with the broken jar, it was still considerably cheaper than if I
> > had purchased locally.

> Sigh. Yes mail order. My online startup, mailorderomelettes.com, never got
> off the ground. The world is just not ready.

I'm sorry to say Marks and Spencer pirated your brainwave years ago.

The good news is that you wouldn't have made a fortune; even M and S
couldn't flog "ready made omelettes just microwave".

Janet UK
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> The Other Guy would never have made such a lame argument.
>
> -sw

He's have rammed his fat cawk in your prolapsed anus and reamed you
until you barked like a harbor seal, you woman-stalking piece of dwarfy
evil shit!!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet wrote:
> I'm sorry to say Marks and Spencer pirated your brainwave years ago.

Go watch some old Dr. Who shows, you rancid limey ****!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet wrote:
> "You're fired"
>
> Janet UK

BEnd double and french your anus, biotch!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet B" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 16:16:58 -0800, The New Other Guy
> > wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 13:21:47 -0800, "Paul M. Cook" > wrote:
>>
>>>Sigh. Yes mail order. My online startup, mailorderomelettes.com, never
>>>got
>>>off the ground. The world is just not ready.

>>Like popcorn, some things are fine fresh, but age very poorly.
>>

> ??????? non sequitur
> Janet US

Stale, popped popcorn sucks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> This is all way too much drama for me. You really need to get a blog,
> Julie.

No thanks. Not my thing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"The New Other Guy" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 13:04:25 -0800, "Julie Bove" >
> wrote:
>
>>I have ordered things in glass before with no problem. But this time,
>>they
>>did not put any cushioning between the jars. So not a good idea. But
>>even
>>with the broken jar, it was still considerably cheaper than if I had
>>purchased locally.

> I've ordered from Walmart with no problems,
> but I doubt I'd ever order anything in glass
> jars from them, OR most anyone else.

I have ordered things in glass from many places with no problems. Sur La
Table, Amazon, even Walmart. But Walmart keeps changing the way they
package and ship stuff. Everything that I got yesterday was in a new to me
kind of box. The problem with the sauce was that they merely took the case
as is, wrapped it in paper and shipped. So 6 jars all together with a
cardboard flat on the bottom and plastic wrap around. At any rate, they
refunded the money for all so... We shall be enjoying our very cheap pizza.
Only had to pay for the cheese and crusts.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 1/28/2016 11:04 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> I guess there are just some things that shouldn't be mail ordered. One
>> being Cape Cod potato chips. I can get them in the store here. Only a
>> few stores sell them. But at Walmart.com, I can get much larger bags
>> for cheaper. I ordered some awhile back. The top two bags arrived
>> totally open at the top and chips all over.
>>
>> Contacted Walmart. They reshipped. Got two more bags. Same thing.
>> Split open. Chips all over. Never again.
>>
>> Now today it was Enrico's pizza sauce. Again, I can get it in the
>> stores here but they had it MUCH cheaper at Walmart.com. I had to order
>> a case. Fine.
>>
>> The box arrived today but... Uh oh. Why did it smell like pizza? And
>> sure enough, one bottle was totally crushed. They did seal the jars all
>> together in plastic so the glass and sauce was contained, but I had to
>> risk getting cut as I fished the other 5 jars out to rinse them off.
>> And now I need a shower because I still smell of pizza sauce.
>>
>> I don't think I'm even going to bother contacting Walmart about this.
>> It would be more trouble than it is worth, I think.
>>
>> I have ordered things in glass before with no problem. But this time,
>> they did not put any cushioning between the jars. So not a good idea.
>> But even with the broken jar, it was still considerably cheaper than if
>> I had purchased locally.

> You think that's bad, lots of folks on the mainland will not sell stuff to
> us through the mail. We might as well be in Uganda as far as the sellers
> on the mainland are concerned. I tried to get a couple of vacuum cleaner
> belts for $6 on eBay but the guy refused to send them to me because he was
> afraid they'd get lost or damaged. That's pretty chicken shit.
>
> This problem is getting worse, you'd think it was the next new hip trend.
> I should probably refuse to sell and mail stuff to the mainland but that
> would be like shooting myself in the foot!!!

I have heard that. Sad.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> This is all way too much drama for me. You really need to get a blog,
>> Julie.

> No thanks. Not my thing.

Stop replying to your abuser, you masochist.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"The New Other Guy" > wrote in message
news
> On Fri, 29 Jan 2016 15:35:47 -0800, "Julie Bove" >
> wrote:
>

>>"The New Other Guy" > wrote in message
. ..
> [...]
et...

>>> If it was REAL pepperoni, it wouldn't expire.

>>Why?

> Because it's cured, and not nearly as susceptible to bacteria
> as regular meat. Most salami is the same.
>
> I've eaten pepperoni all my life, I LOVE it, and I've left it
> unrefrigerated laying around for weeks or even months, with
> no ill effects.

Hmmm... I have seen some go moldy and the expired stuff had a lot of liquid
in the package. I don't buy it often. I have seen two kinds. Refrigerated
and not.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 1/29/2016 11:46 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Janet" > wrote in message
>> .. .
>>> In article >, says...

>>> That's good, Julie, very good. Hold that thought.
>>>
>>> Next time, don't even bother telling rfc about your failed shopping.

>> Oh but it gets better.
>>
>> After I got home from the store, the rest of my order arrived. It
>> included three packages of pepperoni, two of which were expired. So
>> now, they were also going to hear about the broken jar of pizza sauce.
>> And in the end? They refunded me for all of the pepperoni and all of the
>> sauce. So I have a free package of pepperoni and 5 free jars of sauce.
>> Not bad.

> A fiendishly diabolical plan, well executed. Hee hee.

Reminds me of the McDonald's Cheeseburger thing when I was a young adult. I
had bribed my brother into doing something with me that he didn't want to
do, by saying I would buy him something. He opted for a McDonalds's meal
which we got at the drive through. I asked for a plain cheeseburger and
they got my order wrong. They were very apologetic and gave me the correct
burger plus a lot of coupons for free stuff.

When I told my friends of this, they wanted to go there. Same thing
happened. Repeat, repeat, repeat. The worst was when I got just a bun. I
think they refunded the entire meal that time.

This worked out quite well for us as we didn't have a lot of money in those
days and any sort of free food was nothing to sniff at. But then after a
couple of months of this, they wised up and quit screwing up my order.

Amazon is weird for stuff like this. I once ordered a 6 piece set of
something for someone else and one piece was missing. In that case, they
asked me if it would be okay to prorate for the one piece and refund me that
much money. That was fine as the missing piece wasn't something she needed
anyway. But in the case of damaged food, they tend to refund for the whole
case, giving me some free stuff if any of it is usable. They told me that
they are not allowed to take food back.

I also ordered a shower stool from Amazon and it came missing the nuts and
bolts. They refunded, had me order another but did not request that I send
it back. So I have an extra seat and legs if I need them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 29 Jan 2016 13:50:07 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>>> This is all way too much drama for me. You really need to get a blog,
>>> Julie.

>> No thanks. Not my thing.

> Its exactly what you're doing here. 3-5 new threads a day about your
> Life and Times on Planet Bove, then dozens of followups.

No. Blogs generally have pictures.

And if you think that is what *I* am doing... Then what are the others
doing? In many cases, the same thing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/29/2016 4:03 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message
>> On 1/29/2016 11:46 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> "Janet" > wrote in message
>>> .. .

>>> Oh but it gets better.
>>>
>>> After I got home from the store, the rest of my order arrived. It
>>> included three packages of pepperoni, two of which were expired. So
>>> now, they were also going to hear about the broken jar of pizza sauce.
>>> And in the end? They refunded me for all of the pepperoni and all of the
>>> sauce. So I have a free package of pepperoni and 5 free jars of sauce.
>>> Not bad.

>> A fiendishly diabolical plan, well executed. Hee hee.

> Reminds me of the McDonald's Cheeseburger thing when I was a young
> adult. I had bribed my brother into doing something with me that he
> didn't want to do, by saying I would buy him something. He opted for a
> McDonalds's meal which we got at the drive through. I asked for a plain
> cheeseburger and they got my order wrong. They were very apologetic and
> gave me the correct burger plus a lot of coupons for free stuff.
>
> When I told my friends of this, they wanted to go there. Same thing
> happened. Repeat, repeat, repeat. The worst was when I got just a
> bun. I think they refunded the entire meal that time.
>
> This worked out quite well for us as we didn't have a lot of money in
> those days and any sort of free food was nothing to sniff at. But then
> after a couple of months of this, they wised up and quit screwing up my
> order.
>
> Amazon is weird for stuff like this. I once ordered a 6 piece set of
> something for someone else and one piece was missing. In that case,
> they asked me if it would be okay to prorate for the one piece and
> refund me that much money. That was fine as the missing piece wasn't
> something she needed anyway. But in the case of damaged food, they tend
> to refund for the whole case, giving me some free stuff if any of it is
> usable. They told me that they are not allowed to take food back.
>
> I also ordered a shower stool from Amazon and it came missing the nuts
> and bolts. They refunded, had me order another but did not request that
> I send it back. So I have an extra seat and legs if I need them.

You're despicable!

Hee hee.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 29 Jan 2016 18:03:35 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>I also ordered a shower stool from Amazon and it came missing the nuts and
>bolts. They refunded, had me order another but did not request that I send
>it back. So I have an extra seat and legs if I need them.

Wouldn't it be better to go out and buy some more nuts and bolts?
Then you would have two shower stools (one for each bum cheek).

Mail order Chai PLucas[_8_] General Cooking 0 09-09-2010 04:36 AM
Where mail order organic foods? [email protected] General Cooking 4 23-02-2006 11:27 PM
Need Mail Order Source Rob L Barbecue 12 25-10-2005 06:02 AM
Where to mail order All Cald from? [email protected] Cooking Equipment 3 15-01-2005 05:43 PM
Mail order tomatoes Mikko Peltoniemi General Cooking 10 06-11-2004 07:04 PM