Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default "A bottle of your second-cheapest wine, my good man."

On 2016-01-25 8:36 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>> You drink three pints of water at lunch?
>>
>> Janet
>>

> At least two. Summer maybe more. A while back I had a few bouts of
> kidney stones. Increasing water consumption eliminated the problem.

Have you tried cranberry juice? It is supposed to dissolve kidney stones.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/25/2016 8:58 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2016-01-25 8:36 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
>>> You drink three pints of water at lunch?
>>>
>>> Janet
>>>

>> At least two. Summer maybe more. A while back I had a few bouts of
>> kidney stones. Increasing water consumption eliminated the problem.

> Have you tried cranberry juice? It is supposed to dissolve kidney stones.

No, I havent. We do have it in the house at times though. Good with
rum or vodka too!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-01-25 9:46 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> At least two. Summer maybe more. A while back I had a few bouts of
>>> kidney stones. Increasing water consumption eliminated the problem.

>> Have you tried cranberry juice? It is supposed to dissolve kidney
>> stones.

> No, I havent. We do have it in the house at times though. Good with
> rum or vodka too!

FWIW I occasionally have urinary tract issues and open up a big jug of
anberry juice and have a couple glasses a day. I see results within
hours. A word of caution.... cranberry cocktail is pretty high in
sugar. You can get straight cranberry juice. It isn't jeep, and it is
pretty hard to take without something to mellow it out.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> FWIW I occasionally have urinary tract issues and

WTF!!!??

The washerwoman opens up on his urethra problems?

This group is so disgusting!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, January 25, 2016 at 8:46:30 PM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> >> At least two. Summer maybe more. A while back I had a few bouts of
> >> kidney stones. Increasing water consumption eliminated the problem.

> > Have you tried cranberry juice? It is supposed to dissolve kidney stones.

> No, I havent. We do have it in the house at times though. Good with
> rum or vodka too!

VERY good with rum or vodka! With vodka I heard it's called a Cape Cod! I can get stinky drunk on those because after one or two they start tasting like water! Dangerously so!!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 10:46:29 -0700, graham > wrote:

> On 25/01/2016 9:24 AM, sf wrote:
> > On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 06:55:24 -0800 (PST), Gregory Morrow
> > > wrot.e:
> >
> >> Anyways, I went in looking for a bottle of their "$2.99 Chuck", but left with something two dollars more...
> >>

> > If you were looking for a cooking wine, you wasted your money. If you
> > plan to drink it, you made a wise choice.
> >

> One is supposed to use the same wine for both drinking with and cooking
> in that dish:-)

Wake up. You're Canadian by way of Britain and you're taking it far
too literally. Julia was an American talking to other Americans who
were still shaking off Puritanism and Prohibition... she was referring
to cooking wine vs. drinking wine.

Cooking wine is a thin, cheap base wine to which salt and food
coloring have been added. At the grocery store, it is found in the
same section as vinegar, not in the liquor department. Julia was
simply telling people not to cook with a salty wine they can't drink.

> I had a cookbook that had a recipe for Duck Margaux. That is a duck
> casserole where the cooking wine was a whole bottle of Chateau Margaux.
> That wine often goes for around $1000 per bottle!!

Might as well a flush wine like that down the toilet.

> I let that book go with my ex when we split:-)
> Graham

Good move.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 10:49:19 -0800 (PST), Helpful person
> wrote:

> On Monday, January 25, 2016 at 11:23:52 AM UTC-5, sf wrote:
> > >

> > If you were looking for a cooking wine, you wasted your money. If you
> > plan to drink it, you made a wise choice.
> >
> > --
> >
> > sf

> Not true. A cheap wine will ruin a good dish. The usual problem is acid or tannin.

Two Buck (now $3) Chuck works well.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 19:55:34 -0000 (UTC), Bruce >
wrote:

> On 26/1/2016 03:24 sf wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 06:55:24 -0800 (PST), Gregory Morrow
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> Anyways, I went in looking for a bottle of their "$2.99 Chuck", but left with something two dollars more...
> >>

> > If you were looking for a cooking wine, you wasted your money. If you
> > plan to drink it, you made a wise choice.

> In my experience, there are good cheap wines, but you have to drink and
> discard a lot of bad ones to find them.

Did you miss that a specific wine was the topic?

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/25/2016 9:39 PM, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 10:49:19 -0800 (PST), Helpful person
> > wrote:
>
>> On Monday, January 25, 2016 at 11:23:52 AM UTC-5, sf wrote:
>>>>
>>> If you were looking for a cooking wine, you wasted your money. If you
>>> plan to drink it, you made a wise choice.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> sf

>> Not true. A cheap wine will ruin a good dish. The usual problem is acid or tannin.
>>

> Two Buck (now $3) Chuck works well.

Still $2.49 in Trader Joe's in CA.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 21:45:38 -0800, Rudy Canoza >
wrote:

> On 1/25/2016 9:39 PM, sf wrote:
> > On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 10:49:19 -0800 (PST), Helpful person
> > > wrote:

> >> Not true. A cheap wine will ruin a good dish. The usual problem is acid or tannin.
> >>

> > Two Buck (now $3) Chuck works well.

> Still $2.49 in Trader Joe's in CA.

Where is that one located?

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, January 25, 2016 at 11:28:45 AM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Monday, January 25, 2016 at 11:04:25 AM UTC-6, MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:

> > > Sweet wines are for children, not that children should be drinking alcohol!
> > >

> > Sweet wines are for long walks through the forest; they're for wine spritzers
> > on a hot summer day. They go great with fresh fruit, nuts and cheeses.
> >
> > Yummy. http://www.montelle.com/wine-store/r...house-red.html
> > >
> > > And water is the BEST beverage!! Mostly what I drink, daily! 1/2 gallon a day, more in warmer months.
> > >

> > Water doesn't alter the flavor of food.
> > >
> > > John Kuthe...

> > --Bryan

> Sweet wines are like what my baking buddy Scott used to call my cream and sugar in my coffee: little girl's coffee! Sweet wines are for little girls too. Sweet wines are made by either adding sugar to the grape juice pre and sometimes even post fermentation!! A "real" wine is made by fermenting the juice until the alcohol content kills the fermentation yeasts, then it is "done"! Or until the fermentation yeasts run out of natural sugars to eat!! Either way, the yeasts die and fermentation stops.

So, he was into little girls too? Did you discuss using sweet wine instead
of candy for your anal seductions?

> John Kuthe...

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, January 25, 2016 at 7:44:15 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:

> The best vodkas have no flavor at all. Basically just ethanol and water.
>
> John Kuthe...

Absolutely not true. (No pun intended)

http://www.richardfisher.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, January 26, 2016 at 6:48:00 AM UTC-6, MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:
> On Monday, January 25, 2016 at 11:28:45 AM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:

> > > Sweet wines are for long walks through the forest; they're for wine spritzers
> > > on a hot summer day. They go great with fresh fruit, nuts and cheeses.
> > >
> > > Yummy. http://www.montelle.com/wine-store/r...house-red.html

> > > Water doesn't alter the flavor of food.

> > > --Bryan

> > Sweet wines are like what my baking buddy Scott used to call my cream and sugar in my coffee: little girl's coffee! Sweet wines are for little girls too. Sweet wines are made by either adding sugar to the grape juice pre and sometimes even post fermentation!! A "real" wine is made by fermenting the juice until the alcohol content kills the fermentation yeasts, then it is "done"! Or until the fermentation yeasts run out of natural sugars to eat!! Either way, the yeasts die and fermentation stops.
> >

> So, he was into little girls too? Did you discuss using sweet wine instead
> of candy for your anal seductions?
> >
> > John Kuthe...

> --Bryan

You keep reaching. Spend your time more wisely, discuss your problems with youir psychiatrist, drining alcohol was just a part of your overall problem, which as I've repeated here many times is most likely Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> On Monday, January 25, 2016 at 8:46:30 PM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> Have you tried cranberry juice? It is supposed to dissolve kidney stones.

>> No, I havent. We do have it in the house at times though. Good with
>> rum or vodka too!

> VERY good with rum or vodka! With vodka I heard it's called a Cape Cod! I can get stinky drunk on those because after one or two they start tasting like water! Dangerously so!!
>
> John Kuthe...

Nice to know you're as big a sot as Shelly.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> Wake up. You're Canadian by way of Britain and you're taking it far
> too literally.

Those Brit canuckleheads are looked on with disgust up there.

The rest of them are pseudo-Americans and proud of it...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:
>> Sweet wines are like what my baking buddy Scott used to call my cream and sugar in my coffee: little girl's coffee! Sweet wines are for little girls too. Sweet wines are made by either adding sugar to the grape juice pre and sometimes even post fermentation!! A "real" wine is made by fermenting the juice until the alcohol content kills the fermentation yeasts, then it is "done"! Or until the fermentation yeasts run out of natural sugars to eat!! Either way, the yeasts die and fermentation stops.
>> >

> So, he was into little girls too? Did you discuss using sweet wine instead
> of candy for your anal seductions?

Did he stretch your anal canal until a barge could travel up it?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, January 25, 2016 at 11:44:22 AM UTC-6, cibola de oro wrote:
> MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:
> > I can always get a bottle of a good, local Missouri sweet wine for under $8.

> MD 20/20 is a Missouri product?

No. MD 20/20 is bad, fortified sweet wine.

http://www.montelle.com/wine-store/r...house-red.html

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> drining alcohol was just a part of your overall problem, which as I've repeated here many times

Sot speak?

"drining"?

LOL!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:
> On Monday, January 25, 2016 at 11:44:22 AM UTC-6, cibola de oro wrote:
>> MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:
>>> I can always get a bottle of a good, local Missouri sweet wine for under $8.

>> MD 20/20 is a Missouri product?

> No. MD 20/20 is bad, fortified sweet wine.
>
> http://www.montelle.com/wine-store/r...house-red.html
>
> --Bryan

Leave it to a sot to know the answer...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Helpful person wrote:
>John Kuthe wrote:
>>
>> The best vodkas have no flavor at all. Basically just ethanol and water.

>Absolutely not true.

It's true. The vodkas that are flavored it's because that's how they
salvage the skunky vodkas... and they charge more for those skunky
flavored vodkas. Quality vodka has no flavor whatsoever.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Quality vodka has no flavor whatsoever.

How would YOU know, Mr. Crystal Palace?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cibola de oro wrote:
>Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> Quality vodka has no flavor whatsoever.

>How would YOU know, Mr. Crystal Palace?

Crystal Palace is made by Barton's, who supplies many booze companies
with all types of spirits... Crystal Palace is excllent vodka, it
costs less because it's not advertised and it's in a plain bottle with
no fancy label.... you want to drink advertizing, fancy bottles, and
colorful labels then you're a money wasting know nothing snobish
schmuck.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 wrote:
> I would have left with a case of 1.75 L bottles of Crystal Palace
> Vodka, $14.99 per with a 10% discount for buying the case of six. I'd
> do much better knocking down the alcohol content of vodka to that of
> wine with ice and Fresca with a wedge of lemon/lime than drinking
> cheap wino swill.

Try Fresca and ice with cheap (but not less than about $12 per handle) gin.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, January 26, 2016 at 11:15:09 AM UTC-6, cibola de oro wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:
> > drining alcohol was just a part of your overall problem, which as I've repeated here many times

> Sot speak?
>
> "drining"?
>
> LOL!

Typos are the lamest of Internet flames!! SOCK PUPPET!!

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 wrote:
> cibola de oro wrote:
>> Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>> Quality vodka has no flavor whatsoever.

>> How would YOU know, Mr. Crystal Palace?

> Crystal Palace is made by Barton's, who supplies many booze companies
> with all types of spirits... Crystal Palace is excllent vodka, it
> costs less because it's not advertised and it's in a plain bottle with
> no fancy label.... you want to drink advertizing, fancy bottles, and
> colorful labels then you're a money wasting know nothing snobish
> schmuck.

It's cheap swill, generic liquor, better suited for stripping the
tarnish off pennies than consuming by mouth.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 26, 2016 at 11:15:09 AM UTC-6, cibola de oro wrote:
>> John Kuthe wrote:
>>> drining alcohol was just a part of your overall problem, which as I've repeated here many times

>> Sot speak?
>>
>> "drining"?
>>
>> LOL!

> Typos are the lamest of Internet flames!! SOCK PUPPET!!
>
> John Kuthe...

BOO!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 26/1/2016 02:44 John Kuthe wrote:

> On Monday, January 25, 2016 at 7:12:07 AM UTC-6, Nancy Young wrote:
>> On 1/25/2016 4:33 AM, Opinicus wrote:
>> > Paraphrasing from the recent "Supermarkets: The tricks of the trade"
>> > episode of "Tonight":
>> >
>> > A supermarket sells two kinds of wine, one for £ 3.79 (Brand A) and
>> > another for £ 4.49 (Brand B), which differ only in quality. On
>> > average, about two-thirds of customers buy Brand A and one-third buy
>> > Brand B. Problem: Increase total turnover without cutting or raising
>> > prices. Solution: Introduce a third and better kind of wine (Brand C)
>> > selling at £ 9.99. It turns out that even though very few customers
>> > will buy Brand C, about half of those who used to buy Brand A will
>> > shift to Brand B, thereby increasing total turnover.
>> >
>> > http://www.itv.com/news/2016-01-21/s...trade-tonight/

>> That is a tactic that is used for many things, I'm sure there is
>> a name for it.
>>
>> nancy

> It's called marketing! Being sold to! Think for yourself. Some say "think outside the box", I say there in no box!! Retailers are trying to box you in to further their agenda! The only way to win this game is to not play their game!! I always feel like I'm in shackles in a grocery store! Chained to THEIR game!! **** that!! I'll buy what *I* want to buy!! And it's not most of what YOU are selling!!!

So what do you buy in a supermarket?

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 26/1/2016 16:40 sf wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 19:55:34 -0000 (UTC), Bruce >
> wrote:
>
>> On 26/1/2016 03:24 sf wrote:
>>
>> > On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 06:55:24 -0800 (PST), Gregory Morrow

>> > If you were looking for a cooking wine, you wasted your money. If you
>> > plan to drink it, you made a wise choice.

>> In my experience, there are good cheap wines, but you have to drink and
>> discard a lot of bad ones to find them.

> Did you miss that a specific wine was the topic?

Why dwell on one specific wine?

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, January 27, 2016 at 3:14:07 AM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
> On 26/1/2016 02:44 John Kuthe wrote:

> >> That is a tactic that is used for many things, I'm sure there is
> >> a name for it.
> >>
> >> nancy

> > It's called marketing! Being sold to! Think for yourself. Some say "think outside the box", I say there in no box!! Retailers are trying to box you in to further their agenda! The only way to win this game is to not play their game!! I always feel like I'm in shackles in a grocery store! Chained to THEIR game!! **** that!! I'll buy what *I* want to buy!! And it's not most of what YOU are selling!!!

> So what do you buy in a supermarket?
>
> --
> Bruce

I buy what *I* am looking for, not what they are trying to sell me!

For example, my current shoping list (shopping tomorrow, Thurs 1/28)) is:

1. One XL sourdough loaf from STLBreadCo.
2. My weekly produce shopping from the Market In The Loop.
3. 5# ground beast from Straub's
4. From a grocer's: soap, razor blades, ScotchBrite sponge scrubbee's, 2 boxes (one for backup) of 1 qt. Ziplocks

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/26/2016 6:03 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> A review of Crystal Palace:

You criminally STALK and ABUSE women, you sick little dwarfy man!

Here's what you did when you went all over the Usenet impersonating the
well-liked regular named "sf" and posting all her personal data on the
net against her will, including her:

* home address
* age
* cell phone number
* husband's name

etc.

YOU did that, you evil *******!

And then you had the hubris to actually GLOAT about in public saying:

ost

Wed, 25 Nov 2015 21:18:00 -0600
MicroPlanet-Gravity/3.0.4

She should call the cops. I've already publicly admitted it is me so
a conviction should be a piece of cake and then forging would stop.
So what's stopping her? I think she suffers from Bovism - she just
loves the attention and drama and screw the rest of the group.

-sw

And before that you literally stalked poor Omelet, a local Auustin
favorite, right off the Usenet!

In your worst moment ever you actually begged her to KILL you:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

Then after having your nose rubbed in your filthy criminal stalking you
came back with, not an apology, nor the slightest remorse, just this:

"The facebook group is much more pleasant."

But we all know that's only because you cower over there in mortal fear
of being booted by the FB admins.

You're _so done_ here virus, I mean really ****ing done.

I'm making you a project like no other, expect a lot more of your evil
abuse and hatred to be aired for all to see here.

And we both know there's a google archive full of your hatred of women
just waiting to be hung out on the virtual clothesline to dry.

Enjoy then, you rotten, worthless misogynistic *******!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/25/2016 1:27 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> I drink between 1.5 and 2 gallons

You criminally STALK and ABUSE women, you sick little dwarfy man!

Here's what you did when you went all over the Usenet impersonating the
well-liked regular named "sf" and posting all her personal data on the
net against her will, including her:

* home address
* age
* cell phone number
* husband's name

etc.

YOU did that, you evil *******!

And then you had the hubris to actually GLOAT about in public saying:

ost

Wed, 25 Nov 2015 21:18:00 -0600
MicroPlanet-Gravity/3.0.4

She should call the cops. I've already publicly admitted it is me so
a conviction should be a piece of cake and then forging would stop.
So what's stopping her? I think she suffers from Bovism - she just
loves the attention and drama and screw the rest of the group.

-sw

And before that you literally stalked poor Omelet, a local Auustin
favorite, right off the Usenet!

In your worst moment ever you actually begged her to KILL you:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

Then after having your nose rubbed in your filthy criminal stalking you
came back with, not an apology, nor the slightest remorse, just this:

"The facebook group is much more pleasant."

But we all know that's only because you cower over there in mortal fear
of being booted by the FB admins.

You're _so done_ here virus, I mean really ****ing done.

I'm making you a project like no other, expect a lot more of your evil
abuse and hatred to be aired for all to see here.

And we both know there's a google archive full of your hatred of women
just waiting to be hung out on the virtual clothesline to dry.

Enjoy then, you rotten, worthless misogynistic *******!

Posted to rec.food.cooking