Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default You can freeze these

I saw this on The Kitchen on Food Network today.
You can freeze oranges, lemons, grapefruit etc. (whole with peel on).
Thaw overnight in the refrigerator or give them a short zap in the
microwave.
You can also freeze avocado. Cut in half, remove pit, scoop each half
in one piece. Put the halves immediately in freezer in a freezer bag
in one layer. The avocado will not turn brown.
Janet US

'wh
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Jan 2016 17:41:21 -0700, Janet B >
wrote:

> I saw this on The Kitchen on Food Network today.
> You can freeze oranges, lemons, grapefruit etc. (whole with peel on).
> Thaw overnight in the refrigerator or give them a short zap in the
> microwave.
> You can also freeze avocado. Cut in half, remove pit, scoop each half
> in one piece. Put the halves immediately in freezer in a freezer bag
> in one layer. The avocado will not turn brown.

I saw that too. I can use that... not so much with oranges, but
lemons and especially avocados. I'll be sure to grab as many as I can
the next time I see them at a good price.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Jan 2016 17:06:20 -0800, sf > wrote:

>On Sun, 17 Jan 2016 17:41:21 -0700, Janet B >
>wrote:
>

>> I saw this on The Kitchen on Food Network today.
>> You can freeze oranges, lemons, grapefruit etc. (whole with peel on).
>> Thaw overnight in the refrigerator or give them a short zap in the
>> microwave.
>> You can also freeze avocado. Cut in half, remove pit, scoop each half
>> in one piece. Put the halves immediately in freezer in a freezer bag
>> in one layer. The avocado will not turn brown.

>I saw that too. I can use that... not so much with oranges, but
>lemons and especially avocados. I'll be sure to grab as many as I can
>the next time I see them at a good price.

that's exactly what I was thinking. There are times when I want to
cook something and I am missing one of the above.
I really like that program.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/17/2016 8:33 PM, Janet B wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Jan 2016 17:06:20 -0800, sf > wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 17 Jan 2016 17:41:21 -0700, Janet B >
>> wrote:
>>

>>> I saw this on The Kitchen on Food Network today.
>>> You can freeze oranges, lemons, grapefruit etc. (whole with peel on).
>>> Thaw overnight in the refrigerator or give them a short zap in the
>>> microwave.
>>> You can also freeze avocado. Cut in half, remove pit, scoop each half
>>> in one piece. Put the halves immediately in freezer in a freezer bag
>>> in one layer. The avocado will not turn brown.

>> I saw that too. I can use that... not so much with oranges, but
>> lemons and especially avocados. I'll be sure to grab as many as I can
>> the next time I see them at a good price.

> that's exactly what I was thinking. There are times when I want to
> cook something and I am missing one of the above.
> I really like that program.
> Janet US

This works for fresh tomatoes, too, although you will have to use them
like canned when you thaw them. I just freeze them whole after cutting
out the stem part.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Jan 2016 21:07:53 -0500, Travis McGee >
wrote:

>On 1/17/2016 8:33 PM, Janet B wrote:
>> On Sun, 17 Jan 2016 17:06:20 -0800, sf > wrote:

>>> I saw that too. I can use that... not so much with oranges, but
>>> lemons and especially avocados. I'll be sure to grab as many as I can
>>> the next time I see them at a good price.

>> that's exactly what I was thinking. There are times when I want to
>> cook something and I am missing one of the above.
>> I really like that program.
>> Janet US
>>

>This works for fresh tomatoes, too, although you will have to use them
>like canned when you thaw them. I just freeze them whole after cutting
>out the stem part.

Yes, freezing is really convenient at the end of the summer. I don't
bother cutting out the stem part. They are easy to peel when frozen.
You just run them under hot water and the skin slips off.
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Jan 2016 20:48:11 -0700, Janet B >
wrote:

> Yes, freezing is really convenient at the end of the summer. I don't
> bother cutting out the stem part. They are easy to peel when frozen.
> You just run them under hot water and the skin slips off.

When I freeze tomatoes, I usually roast them first.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>I saw this on The Kitchen on Food Network today.
>You can freeze oranges, lemons, grapefruit etc. (whole with peel on).
>Thaw overnight in the refrigerator or give them a short zap in the
>microwave.
>You can also freeze avocado. Cut in half, remove pit, scoop each half
>in one piece. Put the halves immediately in freezer in a freezer bag
>in one layer. The avocado will not turn brown.

Thanks, I think I will try that. It'd be great if avocados, lemons and
limes froze well. Especially avocados, as it's hard to get decent ones
here consistently.

Dinner tonight is a rainbow trout in butter, garlic and lime, with a
leafy salad.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-01-18 1:28 AM, Je�us wrote:

> Thanks, I think I will try that. It'd be great if avocados, lemons and
> limes froze well. Especially avocados, as it's hard to get decent ones
> here consistently.

It is hard to get decent ones here at any time, and they are bloddy
expensive.

> Dinner tonight is a rainbow trout in butter, garlic and lime, with a
> leafy salad.

Sounds good.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, January 17, 2016 at 6:41:23 PM UTC-6, Janet B wrote:
> I saw this on The Kitchen on Food Network today.
> You can freeze oranges, lemons, grapefruit etc. (whole with peel on).
> Thaw overnight in the refrigerator or give them a short zap in the
> microwave.

We'll see, because I've got a bag of oranges out on my enclosed but unheated
porch, and it's about 5F here right now.

> Janet US

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Je�us wrote:
> Dinner tonight is a rainbow trout

YOU are an Auztarded CRIMINAL.

You should be executed post haste.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> Costco here always

**** off woman-abuser.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/18/2016 12:34 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> And don't expect to go back the next day and get
> the same quality.
>
> -sw

You criminally STALK and ABUSE women, you sick little dwarfy man!

Here's what you did when you went all over the Usenet impersonating the
well-liked regular named "sf" and posting all her personal data on the
net against her will, including her:

* home address
* age
* cell phone number
* husband's name

etc.

YOU did that, you evil *******!

And then you had the hubris to actually GLOAT about in public saying:

ost

Wed, 25 Nov 2015 21:18:00 -0600
MicroPlanet-Gravity/3.0.4

She should call the cops. I've already publicly admitted it is me so
a conviction should be a piece of cake and then forging would stop.
So what's stopping her? I think she suffers from Bovism - she just
loves the attention and drama and screw the rest of the group.

-sw

And before that you literally stalked poor Omelet, a local Auustin
favorite, right off the Usenet!

In your worst moment ever you actually begged her to KILL you:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

Then after having your nose rubbed in your filthy criminal stalking you
came back with, not an apology, nor the slightest remorse, just this:

"The facebook group is much more pleasant."

But we all know that's only because you cower over there in mortal fear
of being booted by the FB admins.

You're _so done_ here virus, I mean really ****ing done.

I'm making you a project like no other, expect a lot more of your evil
abuse and hatred to be aired for all to see here.

And we both know there's a google archive full of your hatred of women
just waiting to be hung out on the virtual clothesline to dry.

Enjoy then, you rotten, worthless misogynistic *******!