Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Just got a new gasket for my 21qt Presto cooker-canner pressure cooker!!

I bought this Presto 21qt cooker-canner pressure cooker when I was still in high school! Specifically back then to sterilize Mason jars full of cooked rye grains to attempt to start a "mushroom" farm! Never got any fruiting bodies, just Mason jars full of myecelical growth!! :-( Oh well, at least I have a really good and really BIG pot to cook stuff in, like the batch of "baked" beans I just made, which is when I decided to finally replace the ever shrinking original gasket!! Which just came in the USPS mail, and it was no UNlike the old dried out one I had, I didn't know at first if I could fit it in the lid's groove for the gasket!

But the new gasket fit fine!! :-) The new gasket will probably outlive ME! :-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:

> I bought this Presto 21qt cooker-canner pressure cooker when I was still in high school! Specifically back then to sterilize Mason jars full of cooked rye grains to attempt to start a "mushroom" farm! Never got any fruiting bodies, just Mason jars full of myecelical growth!! :-( Oh well, at least I have a really good and really BIG pot to cook stuff in, like the batch of "baked" beans I just made, which is when I decided to finally replace the ever shrinking original gasket!! Which just came in the USPS mail, and it was no UNlike the old dried out one I had, I didn't know at first if I could fit it in the lid's groove for the gasket!
>
> But the new gasket fit fine!! :-) The new gasket will probably outlive ME! :-)

And what has that have to do with Bryan?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 11:56:57 AM UTC-6, Gary wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:
> >
> > I bought this Presto 21qt cooker-canner pressure cooker when I was still in high school! Specifically back then to sterilize Mason jars full of cooked rye grains to attempt to start a "mushroom" farm! Never got any fruiting bodies, just Mason jars full of myecelical growth!! :-( Oh well, at least I have a really good and really BIG pot to cook stuff in, like the batch of "baked" beans I just made, which is when I decided to finally replace the ever shrinking original gasket!! Which just came in the USPS mail, and it was no UNlike the old dried out one I had, I didn't know at first if I could fit it in the lid's groove for the gasket!
> >
> > But the new gasket fit fine!! :-) The new gasket will probably outlive ME! :-)

> And what has that have to do with Bryan?

Nothing at all, why do you ask?

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I've read it's pretty hard to put a new gasket on 1.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 7:55:03 AM UTC-10, John Kuthe wrote:
> I bought this Presto 21qt cooker-canner pressure cooker when I was still in high school! Specifically back then to sterilize Mason jars full of cooked rye grains to attempt to start a "mushroom" farm! Never got any fruiting bodies, just Mason jars full of myecelical growth!! :-( Oh well, at least I have a really good and really BIG pot to cook stuff in, like the batch of "baked" beans I just made, which is when I decided to finally replace the ever shrinking original gasket!! Which just came in the USPS mail, and it was no UNlike the old dried out one I had, I didn't know at first if I could fit it in the lid's groove for the gasket!
>
> But the new gasket fit fine!! :-) The new gasket will probably outlive ME! :-)
>
> John Kuthe...

Probably made in China - oh noooo! OTOH, the gal that I work with has a family candy-making business in Vietnam. She said that you have to watch out what you eat from there because they use plastic in food products to bulk it up and for texture. I don't know what to make of that. What kind of plastic do you use in your chocolates?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 4:23:53 PM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 7:55:03 AM UTC-10, John Kuthe wrote:
> > I bought this Presto 21qt cooker-canner pressure cooker when I was still in high school! Specifically back then to sterilize Mason jars full of cooked rye grains to attempt to start a "mushroom" farm! Never got any fruiting bodies, just Mason jars full of myecelical growth!! :-( Oh well, at least I have a really good and really BIG pot to cook stuff in, like the batch of "baked" beans I just made, which is when I decided to finally replace the ever shrinking original gasket!! Which just came in the USPS mail, and it was no UNlike the old dried out one I had, I didn't know at first if I could fit it in the lid's groove for the gasket!
> >
> > But the new gasket fit fine!! :-) The new gasket will probably outlive ME! :-)
> >
> > John Kuthe...

> Probably made in China - oh noooo! OTOH, the gal that I work with has a family candy-making business in Vietnam. She said that you have to watch out what you eat from there because they use plastic in food products to bulk it up and for texture. I don't know what to make of that. What kind of plastic do you use in your chocolates?

I don't put any plastics in my chocolate. That's preposterous, I've never heard of it. Not in good chocolates.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/1/2016 16:06 John Kuthe wrote:

> On Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 4:23:53 PM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 7:55:03 AM UTC-10, John Kuthe wrote:
>> > I bought this Presto 21qt cooker-canner pressure cooker when I was still in high school! Specifically back then to sterilize Mason jars full of cooked rye grains to attempt to start a "mushroom" farm! Never got any fruiting bodies, just Mason jars full of myecelical growth!! :-( Oh well, at least I have a really good and really BIG pot to cook stuff in, like the batch of "baked" beans I just made, which is when I decided to finally replace the ever shrinking original gasket!! Which just came in the USPS mail, and it was no UNlike the old dried out one I had, I didn't know at first if I could fit it in the lid's groove for the gasket!
>> >
>> > But the new gasket fit fine!! :-) The new gasket will probably outlive ME! :-)
>> >
>> > John Kuthe...

>> Probably made in China - oh noooo! OTOH, the gal that I work with has a family candy-making business in Vietnam. She said that you have to watch out what you eat from there because they use plastic in food products to bulk it up and for texture. I don't know what to make of that. What kind of plastic do you use in your chocolates?

> I don't put any plastics in my chocolate. That's preposterous, I've never heard of it. Not in good chocolates.

You'd get more volume at very little cost that way. You'd have to use
food grade plastic, of course.

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 11:55:03 AM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:

> I bought this Presto 21qt cooker-canner pressure cooker when I was still in high school!
> John Kuthe...

My mother had a 21 quart pressure cooker, brand name
Burpee, and she used it many, many times to can
fruits and vegetables. My brother has it now and he
bought another one the same size.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 11:26:18 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
> On 8/1/2016 16:06 John Kuthe wrote:

> >> Probably made in China - oh noooo! OTOH, the gal that I work with has a family candy-making business in Vietnam. She said that you have to watch out what you eat from there because they use plastic in food products to bulk it up and for texture. I don't know what to make of that. What kind of plastic do you use in your chocolates?

> > I don't put any plastics in my chocolate. That's preposterous, I've never heard of it. Not in good chocolates.

> You'd get more volume at very little cost that way. You'd have to use
> food grade plastic, of course.
>
> --
> Bruce

And to you, that makes it worth it? BS!!

That is an exampole of a makor problem in our world today, people think just about anything is justifiable as long as it makes YOU a lot of money! Screw that idea!! Money is virtually worthless, you can't eat it, it does not taste good and it's not very nutritious!

Perversion of values! :-(

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> Money is virtually worthless, you can't eat it, it does not taste good and it's not very nutritious!
>
> Perversion of values!:-(
>
> John Kuthe...

Money is a transfer medium, an analog of work effort vs. valuation.

As such it is only and ever will be a floating peg affixed by society to
tasks and creations within the parameters of their cost, value, and
popularity.

You know this, lose the faux-affronted act now, child.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/1/2016 03:13 John Kuthe wrote:

> On Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 11:26:18 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:

>> > I don't put any plastics in my chocolate. That's preposterous, I've never heard of it. Not in good chocolates.

>> You'd get more volume at very little cost that way. You'd have to use
>> food grade plastic, of course.
>>

> And to you, that makes it worth it? BS!!
>
> That is an exampole of a makor problem in our world today, people think just about anything is justifiable as long as it makes YOU a lot of money! Screw that idea!! Money is virtually worthless, you can't eat it, it does not taste good and it's not very nutritious!
>
> Perversion of values! :-(

But if I sell enough plastic enriched chocolate, I make enough money to
buy myself high quality chocolate coated cherries without added
plastic. So I win.

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 8, 2016 at 11:21:26 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
> On 9/1/2016 03:13 John Kuthe wrote:

> >> You'd get more volume at very little cost that way. You'd have to use
> >> food grade plastic, of course.
> >>

> > And to you, that makes it worth it? BS!!
> >
> > That is an exampole of a makor problem in our world today, people think just about anything is justifiable as long as it makes YOU a lot of money! Screw that idea!! Money is virtually worthless, you can't eat it, it does not taste good and it's not very nutritious!
> >
> > Perversion of values! :-(

> But if I sell enough plastic enriched chocolate, I make enough money to
> buy myself high quality chocolate coated cherries without added
> plastic. So I win.
>
> --
> Bruce

"Me! Me! Me!" You sound like a 3 year old! :-(

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/1/2016 17:42 John Kuthe wrote:

> On Friday, January 8, 2016 at 11:21:26 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:

>> > And to you, that makes it worth it? BS!!
>> >
>> > That is an exampole of a makor problem in our world today, people think just about anything is justifiable as long as it makes YOU a lot of money! Screw that idea!! Money is virtually worthless, you can't eat it, it does not taste good and it's not very nutritious!
>> >
>> > Perversion of values! :-(

>> But if I sell enough plastic enriched chocolate, I make enough money to
>> buy myself high quality chocolate coated cherries without added
>> plastic. So I win.
>>
>> --
>> Bruce

> "Me! Me! Me!" You sound like a 3 year old! :-(

I guess you're right

--
Bruce