Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Evaporated milk vs. regular?

I thought I'd make an onion pie. The recipe calls for 1/3 can of evaporated milk. Aside from the nuisance of finding something else to do with the leftover part, I wondered - what IS the benefit of using that instead of regular milk? (I always use skim for most things, but if a recipe calls for whole milk, I can always add some powdered milk.)

Lenona.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 2:11:56 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> I thought I'd make an onion pie. The recipe calls for 1/3 can of evaporated milk. Aside from the nuisance of finding something else to do with the leftover part, I wondered - what IS the benefit of using that instead of regular milk? (I always use skim for most things, but if a recipe calls for whole milk, I can always add some powdered milk.)
>

> Lenona.

Cream would seem appropriate for onion pie - powdered milk, not so much.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/18/2015 5:36 PM, l not -l wrote:
> When I recently made onion pie, i used half-and-half instead of evap. milk -
> I was very pleased with the result.

Half & half is really handy stuff.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 4:11:56 PM UTC-8, wrote:
> I thought I'd make an onion pie. The recipe calls for 1/3 can of evaporated milk. Aside from the nuisance of finding something else to do with the leftover part, I wondered - what IS the benefit of using that instead of regular milk? (I always use skim for most things, but if a recipe calls for whole milk, I can always add some powdered milk.)

Evaporated milk is less watery than even half and half. I love it for
quiches. You can freeze the rest -- I have two ice cube trays for
freezing broth, yogurt, etc.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 18 Dec 2015 18:03:05 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

> On 12/18/2015 5:36 PM, l not -l wrote:
> > When I recently made onion pie, i used half-and-half instead of evap. milk -
> > I was very pleased with the result.
> >

> Half & half is really handy stuff.

I've started buying whipping cream even though it's used mainly in my
coffee, but for some reason I picked up half & half last time and
regretted my decision last night when I made a creamy pesto sauce.
Don't get me wrong, it was terrific - but heavy cream would have been
even better.

--

sf

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, December 18, 2015 at 9:15:04 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 4:11:56 PM UTC-8, wrote:
> > I thought I'd make an onion pie. The recipe calls for 1/3 can of evaporated milk. Aside from the nuisance of finding something else to do with the leftover part, I wondered - what IS the benefit of using that instead of regular milk? (I always use skim for most things, but if a recipe calls for whole milk, I can always add some powdered milk.)
> >

> Evaporated milk is less watery than even half and half. I love it for
> quiches. You can freeze the rest -- I have two ice cube trays for
> freezing broth, yogurt, etc.

Evaporated milk is used in Chinese egg custard tarts. In Hawaii, we'll bake whole pies. Those pies are a lot richer then American style
custard pie.

http://thewoksoflife.com/2014/07/hong-kong-egg-tarts/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

lenona321 wrote:

>I thought I'd make an onion pie. The recipe calls
>for 1/3 can of evaporated milk. Aside from the
>nuisance of finding something else to do with the
>leftover part, I wondered - what IS the benefit
>of using that instead of regular milk? (I always use
>skim for most things, but if a recipe calls for whole
>milk, I can always add some powdered milk.)

There are many uses for evap, for all the years I drank coffee with
milk I used evap. I like evap drizzled over cooked chocolate pudding,
and when drizzled over vanilla ice cream evap forms a delicious crust.
Evap is also excellent for baking, adds a special richness that's not
possible with regular milk especially for chocolate cakes. Nowadays
there's skim evap, I think even fat free. During WWll fresh milk was
scarce, and most still used an ice-a-box, so many people used evap...
was also used for feeding babies, naturally wasn't nearly as good as
the real deal on tap.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 19 Dec 2015 01:17:13 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
wrote:

> On Friday, December 18, 2015 at 9:15:04 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> > On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 4:11:56 PM UTC-8, wrote:
> > > I thought I'd make an onion pie. The recipe calls for 1/3 can of evaporated milk. Aside from the nuisance of finding something else to do with the leftover part, I wondered - what IS the benefit of using that instead of regular milk? (I always use skim for most things, but if a recipe calls for whole milk, I can always add some powdered milk.)
> > >

> > Evaporated milk is less watery than even half and half. I love it for
> > quiches. You can freeze the rest -- I have two ice cube trays for
> > freezing broth, yogurt, etc.

> Evaporated milk is used in Chinese egg custard tarts. In Hawaii, we'll bake whole pies. Those pies are a lot richer then American style
> custard pie.
>
> http://thewoksoflife.com/2014/07/hong-kong-egg-tarts/

Thanks to the Libby's recipe, we traditionally use evaporated milk for
pumpkin pies - but I've substituted cream and oh my goodness, what a
delicious difference!

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 9:08:04 AM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> lenona321 wrote:
> >
> >I thought I'd make an onion pie. The recipe calls
> >for 1/3 can of evaporated milk. Aside from the
> >nuisance of finding something else to do with the
> >leftover part, I wondered - what IS the benefit
> >of using that instead of regular milk? (I always use
> >skim for most things, but if a recipe calls for whole
> >milk, I can always add some powdered milk.)

> There are many uses for evap, for all the years I drank coffee with
> milk I used evap.

If anyone needed any more evidence that Sheldon has all the taste of
a dung beetle that was reared on a pig farm, this is it. I snipped
his other disgusting used of canned milk.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 3:17:18 AM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:
> On Friday, December 18, 2015 at 9:15:04 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> > On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 4:11:56 PM UTC-8, wrote:
> > > I thought I'd make an onion pie. The recipe calls for 1/3 can of evaporated milk. Aside from the nuisance of finding something else to do with the leftover part, I wondered - what IS the benefit of using that instead of regular milk? (I always use skim for most things, but if a recipe calls for whole milk, I can always add some powdered milk.)
> > >

> > Evaporated milk is less watery than even half and half. I love it for
> > quiches. You can freeze the rest -- I have two ice cube trays for
> > freezing broth, yogurt, etc.

> Evaporated milk is used in Chinese egg custard tarts. In Hawaii, we'll bake whole pies. Those pies are a lot richer then American style
> custard pie.
>
> http://thewoksoflife.com/2014/07/hong-kong-egg-tarts/

The State with the best year round climate is also the State with the
worst cuisine.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 2:48:48 AM UTC-6, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Dec 2015 18:03:05 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
> > On 12/18/2015 5:36 PM, l not -l wrote:
> > > When I recently made onion pie, i used half-and-half instead of evap. milk -
> > > I was very pleased with the result.
> > >

> > Half & half is really handy stuff.
> >

> I've started buying whipping cream even though it's used mainly in my
> coffee, but for some reason I picked up half & half last time and
> regretted my decision last night when I made a creamy pesto sauce.
> Don't get me wrong, it was terrific - but heavy cream would have been
> even better.

Every time I have had to use h&h (because I didn't have any cream), the
sauce I was making turned out poorly. In coffee, I prefer h&h, but in
sauces it has to be 40% cream.

> sf

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:
> On Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 3:17:18 AM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:
>>>>

>>> Evaporated milk is less watery than even half and half. I love it for
>>> quiches. You can freeze the rest -- I have two ice cube trays for
>>> freezing broth, yogurt, etc.

>> Evaporated milk is used in Chinese egg custard tarts. In Hawaii, we'll bake whole pies. Those pies are a lot richer then American style
>> custard pie.
>>
>> http://thewoksoflife.com/2014/07/hong-kong-egg-tarts/

> The State with the best year round climate is also the State with the
> worst cuisine.
>
> --Bryan

Bullshit.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 12:41:55 PM UTC-6, Abiquiu wrote:
> MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:

> >> Evaporated milk is used in Chinese egg custard tarts. In Hawaii, we'll bake whole pies. Those pies are a lot richer then American style
> >> custard pie.
> >>
> >> http://thewoksoflife.com/2014/07/hong-kong-egg-tarts/

> > The State with the best year round climate is also the State with the
> > worst cuisine.
> >
> > --Bryan
> >

> Bullshit.

Name one state with worse food. I bet you'll say Alaska. Perhaps they
are SPAM lovers too.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 2:43:57 PM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:

> Hi Lenona,
>
> First you do not state the size of the can so we can't know if the
> smaller ones are sized for that. They possibly are. Most of the ones
> I see online though use a full 11oz can of evaporated milk to a pie.

Yes, well, that's because "White Trash Cooking" often DOESN'T tell you the
size of any particular can. Grr! If only they'd told me that the Lemonade
Pie(?) calls for a six-oz can of frozen lemonade...

Live and learn. I guess I will just use some powdered milk so I don't have to open a can.

Lenona.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:
> On Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 12:41:55 PM UTC-6, Abiquiu wrote:
>> MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:

>>> The State with the best year round climate is also the State with the
>>> worst cuisine.
>>>
>>> --Bryan
>>>

>> Bullshit.

> Name one state with worse food.

North Dakota!

> I bet you'll say Alaska. Perhaps they
> are SPAM lovers too.
>
> --Bryan

So?

They have killer good salmon and wild game galore.

Ever see an Aleyskan tomato - size of a volleyball.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 19 Dec 2015 17:34:10 -0600, "cshenk" > wrote:

wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>> On Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 2:43:57 PM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:
>>

>> > Hi Lenona,
>> >
>> > First you do not state the size of the can so we can't know if the
>> > smaller ones are sized for that. They possibly are. Most of the
>> > ones I see online though use a full 11oz can of evaporated milk to
>> > a pie.

>> Yes, well, that's because "White Trash Cooking" often DOESN'T tell
>> you the size of any particular can. Grr! If only they'd told me that
>> the Lemonade Pie(?) calls for a six-oz can of frozen lemonade...
>>
>> Live and learn. I guess I will just use some powdered milk so I don't
>> have to open a can.
>>

>> Lenona.

>Well, don't know as onion pie is 'white trash cooking'. I think of it
>as being a bit UK but that's probably from some book that mentioned it
>that was based on a UK location. Seems most make a sort of quiche type
>of pie (googled it).

It's a French dish and not even remotely like quiche.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"MisterDiddyWahDiddy" > wrote in message

Name one state with worse food. I bet you'll say Alaska. Perhaps they
are SPAM lovers too.

--Bryan

======

Just like a lot of people in all the states, so what.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 7:55:01 AM UTC-10, sf wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Dec 2015 01:17:13 -0800 (PST), dsi1 <>
> wrote:

> > > Evaporated milk is less watery than even half and half. I love it for
> > > quiches. You can freeze the rest -- I have two ice cube trays for
> > > freezing broth, yogurt, etc.

> > Evaporated milk is used in Chinese egg custard tarts. In Hawaii, we'll bake whole pies. Those pies are a lot richer then American style
> > custard pie.
> >
> > http://thewoksoflife.com/2014/07/hong-kong-egg-tarts/

> Thanks to the Libby's recipe, we traditionally use evaporated milk for
> pumpkin pies - but I've substituted cream and oh my goodness, what a
> delicious difference!
>
> --
>
> sf

Sounds like a plan to me!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 8:13:05 AM UTC-10, MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:
> On Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 9:08:04 AM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> > lenona321 wrote:
> > >
> > >I thought I'd make an onion pie. The recipe calls
> > >for 1/3 can of evaporated milk. Aside from the
> > >nuisance of finding something else to do with the
> > >leftover part, I wondered - what IS the benefit
> > >of using that instead of regular milk? (I always use
> > >skim for most things, but if a recipe calls for whole
> > >milk, I can always add some powdered milk.)

> > There are many uses for evap, for all the years I drank coffee with
> > milk I used evap.

> If anyone needed any more evidence that Sheldon has all the taste of
> a dung beetle that was reared on a pig farm, this is it. I snipped
> his other disgusting used of canned milk.
>
> --Bryan

You're probably one of those guys that would think it a good idea to get a batch of milk and mix in the lining of a baby cow's stomach to make the milk coagulate and then skim off the scum that forms and squeeze the water out of that crap and make cakes out of it and then let it sit around to fester and rot for months until it stinks to high heaven. You'd then eat that rotten mess while having a shit-eating grin on your stinky, drooling, pie-hole..

What exactly is wrong with canned milk? Do you even know?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 20/12/2015 18:40 dsi1 wrote:

> On Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 8:13:05 AM UTC-10, MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:

>> > There are many uses for evap, for all the years I drank coffee with
>> > milk I used evap.

>> If anyone needed any more evidence that Sheldon has all the taste of
>> a dung beetle that was reared on a pig farm, this is it. I snipped
>> his other disgusting used of canned milk.
>>
>> --Bryan

> You're probably one of those guys that would think it a good idea to get a batch of milk and mix in the lining of a baby cow's stomach to make the milk coagulate and then skim off the scum that forms and squeeze the water out of that crap and make cakes out of it and then let it sit around to fester and rot for months until it stinks to high heaven. You'd then eat that rotten mess while having a shit-eating grin on your stinky, drooling, pie-hole.
>
> What exactly is wrong with canned milk? Do you even know?

Don't lose your cool, Mr Aloha.

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 9:43:08 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On 20/12/2015 18:40 dsi1 wrote:

> >> If anyone needed any more evidence that Sheldon has all the taste of
> >> a dung beetle that was reared on a pig farm, this is it. I snipped
> >> his other disgusting used of canned milk.
> >>
> >> --Bryan

> > You're probably one of those guys that would think it a good idea to get a batch of milk and mix in the lining of a baby cow's stomach to make the milk coagulate and then skim off the scum that forms and squeeze the water out of that crap and make cakes out of it and then let it sit around to fester and rot for months until it stinks to high heaven. You'd then eat that rotten mess while having a shit-eating grin on your stinky, drooling, pie-hole.
> >
> > What exactly is wrong with canned milk? Do you even know?

> Don't lose your cool, Mr Aloha.
>
> --
> Bruce

Never! See? :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 1:19:13 PM UTC-5, MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:
> On Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 3:17:18 AM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:
> > > >

> > > Evaporated milk is less watery than even half and half. I love it for
> > > quiches. You can freeze the rest -- I have two ice cube trays for
> > > freezing broth, yogurt, etc.

> > Evaporated milk is used in Chinese egg custard tarts. In Hawaii, we'll bake whole pies. Those pies are a lot richer then American style
> > custard pie.
> >
> > http://thewoksoflife.com/2014/07/hong-kong-egg-tarts/

> The State with the best year round climate is also the State with the
> worst cuisine.

"Best climate" is a matter of opinion. It too hot for me in Hawaii,
year round. I prefer a temperature around 60. However, since I grow
tomatoes and they prefer 80, I cope. Life is filled with compromises.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, December 20, 2015 at 2:40:06 AM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

> What exactly is wrong with canned milk? Do you even know?

It's cooked. It tastes weird. I can barely stomach that UHT pasteurized
junk in a box; canned is completely beyond the pale.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Sunday, December 20, 2015 at 2:40:06 AM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
>
> > What exactly is wrong with canned milk? Do you even know?

> It's cooked. It tastes weird. I can barely stomach that UHT
> pasteurized junk in a box; canned is completely beyond the pale.
>

> Cindy Hamilton

Cindy, there are a few recipes derived around canned evaporated milk
that don't work quite right with any other substance. The taste change
is wrong if you use something else.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> the >> > smaller ones are sized for that. They possibly are. Most
> of the >> > ones I see online though use a full 11oz can of
> evaporated milk to >> > a pie.
> >>

> >> Yes, well, that's because "White Trash Cooking" often DOESN'T tell
> >> you the size of any particular can. Grr! If only they'd told me

> that >> the Lemonade Pie(?) calls for a six-oz can of frozen
> lemonade... >>
> >> Live and learn. I guess I will just use some powdered milk so I

> don't >> have to open a can.
> >>

> >> Lenona.

> > Well, don't know as onion pie is 'white trash cooking'. I think of
> > it as being a bit UK but that's probably from some book that
> > mentioned it that was based on a UK location. Seems most make a
> > sort of quiche type of pie (googled it).

> It's a French dish and not even remotely like quiche.

Google it and you'll see a quiche type (not actual quiche, but quiche
like per the titles). If you read back, I had to google for a recipe
because I've never made it. I was merely curious because I wasn't
aware of it using canned milk. Many don't it turns out. If you add
that to the google string, you get canned milk ones.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 20 Dec 2015 05:24:55 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Sunday, December 20, 2015 at 2:40:06 AM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
>
>> What exactly is wrong with canned milk? Do you even know?

>It's cooked. It tastes weird. I can barely stomach that UHT pasteurized
>junk in a box; canned is completely beyond the pale.
>

>Cindy Hamilton

I agree. It also smells nasty. I don't like the taste or smell of
the popular milky nutrition or diet drinks either. You can't fool me
by flavoring it chocolate or strawberry either.
Reading this group over the years has taught me one thing for
certain. No matter what the food item, we all have our own individual
taste reaction to it. I don't care what it is -- fast food, junk
food, home made, store bought or white table cloth cuisine. There is
always at least some one that had a bad taste reaction to the food
item.
I should try evaporated milk and use it the way Sheldon does. That
would be a sure-fire fast diet for me.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, December 20, 2015 at 9:29:41 AM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
> > On Sunday, December 20, 2015 at 2:40:06 AM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> >
> > > What exactly is wrong with canned milk? Do you even know?

> > It's cooked. It tastes weird. I can barely stomach that UHT
> > pasteurized junk in a box; canned is completely beyond the pale.
> >

> > Cindy Hamilton

> Cindy, there are a few recipes derived around canned evaporated milk
> that don't work quite right with any other substance. The taste change
> is wrong if you use something else.

I'm perfectly willing to take your word for it. The only thing I cook
that might want evaporated milk is pumpkin pie, and I use James Beard's
recipe for that, which calls for heavy cream.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Sunday, December 20, 2015 at 9:29:41 AM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:
> > Cindy Hamilton wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> > > It's cooked. It tastes weird. I can barely stomach that UHT
> > > pasteurized junk in a box; canned is completely beyond the pale.
> > >

> > > Cindy Hamilton

> > Cindy, there are a few recipes derived around canned evaporated milk
> > that don't work quite right with any other substance. The taste
> > change is wrong if you use something else.

> I'm perfectly willing to take your word for it. The only thing I cook
> that might want evaporated milk is pumpkin pie, and I use James
> Beard's recipe for that, which calls for heavy cream.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Smile, I tried a pumpkin pie with heavy cream. It's one of the ones
that I suppose tastes fine but feels 'off' if you are used to the
canned milk sort.

I also have a rather nice crockpot fish chowder that works fine with
canned evaporated milk but will curdle terribly with regular milk or
cream. Because it uses 1/2 a small can, I make a simple baked
mac-n-cheese with the other half (small batch).

LOL, this sounds like I cook with it all the time but I don't. I got
10 1/2 sized cans (big sale just before Thanksgiving, forgot the price
now but it was really cheap). 2 cans that size make the traditional
pumpkin pie on the libby's canned pumpkin label. I gave 3 full turkey
meals away (turkey, dressing, real butter, veggies, gravy, pie shell
and canned pumpkin with 2 cans of the milk, a few other frills). Also
2 ham dinners (the ham ones got apple pie filling). 2 sets Turkey and
Ham each went to local freecycle (we have a real one on Yahoo, not that
mess at freecycle.org) and 1 Turkey set went to the big local annual
Mayflower food drive. That took care of 6 cans and the 4 left is a
years supply here.

Before you think I'm crazy, there's a lot of locals being laid off
right now and a lot of others did just like I did. All told I saw 9
turkeys, most with all the fixings, picked up from just the Virginia
beach freecycle. I saw the Norfolk and Suffolk freecycles do it too.
Not sure on the other 5 local ones as I'm not in them. Turkey here
dropped to .47lb with a limit of 2 so a lot of us got an extra to share.

Anyways, longish story but that's why I had 10 cans on a sale. 2 will
probably go in a baked Mac-n-cheese at some time when I don't have milk
handy. The other 2 may or may not get used this year.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet B wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Sun, 20 Dec 2015 05:24:55 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> > On Sunday, December 20, 2015 at 2:40:06 AM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> >
> >> What exactly is wrong with canned milk? Do you even know?

> > It's cooked. It tastes weird. I can barely stomach that UHT
> > pasteurized junk in a box; canned is completely beyond the pale.
> >

> > Cindy Hamilton

> I agree. It also smells nasty. I don't like the taste or smell of
> the popular milky nutrition or diet drinks either. You can't fool me
> by flavoring it chocolate or strawberry either.
> Reading this group over the years has taught me one thing for
> certain. No matter what the food item, we all have our own individual
> taste reaction to it. I don't care what it is -- fast food, junk
> food, home made, store bought or white table cloth cuisine. There is
> always at least some one that had a bad taste reaction to the food
> item.
> I should try evaporated milk and use it the way Sheldon does. That
> would be a sure-fire fast diet for me.
> Janet US

LOL, yes, the world would be pretty dull though if we all liked and ate
the same things.

Charlotte has a hankering for rice balls for example so I'm about to
start a batch of medium grain 'sticky rice' and then add shaved dried
plum and other things once it's cooled enough I can form balls with it.

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> On Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 8:13:05 AM UTC-10, MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:

>>> There are many uses for evap, for all the years I drank coffee with
>>> milk I used evap.

>> If anyone needed any more evidence that Sheldon has all the taste of
>> a dung beetle that was reared on a pig farm, this is it. I snipped
>> his other disgusting used of canned milk.
>>
>> --Bryan

> You're probably one of those guys that would think it a good idea to get a batch of milk and mix in the lining of a baby cow's stomach to make the milk coagulate and then skim off the scum that forms and squeeze the water out of that crap and make cakes out of it and then let it sit around to fester and rot for months until it stinks to high heaven. You'd then eat that rotten mess while having a shit-eating grin on your stinky, drooling, pie-hole.
>
> What exactly is wrong with canned milk? Do you even know?

Oh the imagery!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On 20/12/2015 18:40 dsi1 wrote:

>>> If anyone needed any more evidence that Sheldon has all the taste of
>>> a dung beetle that was reared on a pig farm, this is it. I snipped
>>> his other disgusting used of canned milk.
>>>
>>> --Bryan

>> You're probably one of those guys that would think it a good idea to get a batch of milk and mix in the lining of a baby cow's stomach to make the milk coagulate and then skim off the scum that forms and squeeze the water out of that crap and make cakes out of it and then let it sit around to fester and rot for months until it stinks to high heaven. You'd then eat that rotten mess while having a shit-eating grin on your stinky, drooling, pie-hole.
>>
>> What exactly is wrong with canned milk? Do you even know?

> Don't lose your cool, Mr Aloha.

Sod off, mincing shit-stirrer.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cshenk wrote:

> Charlotte has a hankering for rice balls for example so I'm about to
> start a batch of medium grain 'sticky rice' and then add shaved dried
> plum and other things once it's cooled enough I can form balls with it.

ARRGGH! If that girl requests that kind of food, she must drink a
lot. heheheheh
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, December 20, 2015 at 3:25:03 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, December 20, 2015 at 2:40:06 AM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
>
> > What exactly is wrong with canned milk? Do you even know?

> It's cooked. It tastes weird. I can barely stomach that UHT pasteurized
> junk in a box; canned is completely beyond the pale.
>

> Cindy Hamilton

You don't care for the taste - that's fine and honorable. OTOH, dissing foods because of socio-economic associations is disingenuous. Mostly it's an innuendo-laden attempt to hide one's fear of other races and social classes.