Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Fun Vintage Item

Does this thing remind anyone else of Robbie the Robot? It's a vintage
nut chopper. It belonged to my grandmother. An interesting little bit
of family cooking history.

http://i66.tinypic.com/20gickj.jpg

I have posted grandma's recipe for date nut coconut candy before.
That's the gadget she used to chop the walnuts. Circa 1950 or so. The
glass base is stamped Federal Tool Corp. Chicago. The top is actually a
plastic measuring cup that pops off. It has a built-in shaker on the
top for sprinkling the chopped or ground nuts on something. The blades
seem to be still good and sharp.

According to eBay and other sites it's worth about $4. To me, it's
priceless.

Do you have any fun vintage stuff around the house?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...

> Does this thing remind anyone else of Robbie the Robot? It's a vintage
> nut chopper. It belonged to my grandmother. An interesting little bit
> of family cooking history.

http://i66.tinypic.com/20gickj.jpg

cool!

> I have posted grandma's recipe for date nut coconut candy before.
> That's the gadget she used to chop the walnuts. Circa 1950 or so. The
> glass base is stamped Federal Tool Corp. Chicago. The top is actually a
> plastic measuring cup that pops off. It has a built-in shaker on the
> top for sprinkling the chopped or ground nuts on something. The blades
> seem to be still good and sharp.
>
> According to eBay and other sites it's worth about $4. To me, it's
> priceless.
>
> Do you have any fun vintage stuff around the house?
>
> Jill

Lots of vintage dishes and plates, all of them blue and white but
none of them matching, a couple of which date from my parents. We use
them every day. Plus, inherited, my aunt's silverplated cutlery set
which we rarely use because it needs cleaning to look good( As a child I
cleaned that set every school holidsys for years).

Janet UK

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 3:49:44 PM UTC-8, jmcquown wrote:
> Does this thing remind anyone else of Robbie the Robot? It's a vintage
> nut chopper. It belonged to my grandmother. An interesting little bit
> of family cooking history.
>
> http://i66.tinypic.com/20gickj.jpg
>
> I have posted grandma's recipe for date nut coconut candy before.
> That's the gadget she used to chop the walnuts. Circa 1950 or so. The
> glass base is stamped Federal Tool Corp. Chicago. The top is actually a
> plastic measuring cup that pops off. It has a built-in shaker on the
> top for sprinkling the chopped or ground nuts on something. The blades
> seem to be still good and sharp.

I had never heard of the Federal Tool Company of Chicago, but apparently
it was incorporated in 1916 and lasted until the 1980s, according to
an obituary of its last plant manager, one Daniel P. Phillips of
Evanston. It was involved with a patent suit over its spring syrup
pitcher -- one of those with a sliding metal strip cutting off the drip.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> Does this thing remind anyone else of Robbie the Robot? It's a vintage
> nut chopper. It belonged to my grandmother. An interesting little bit of
> family cooking history.
>
> http://i66.tinypic.com/20gickj.jpg
>
> I have posted grandma's recipe for date nut coconut candy before. That's
> the gadget she used to chop the walnuts. Circa 1950 or so. The glass
> base is stamped Federal Tool Corp. Chicago. The top is actually a plastic
> measuring cup that pops off. It has a built-in shaker on the top for
> sprinkling the chopped or ground nuts on something. The blades seem to be
> still good and sharp.
>
> According to eBay and other sites it's worth about $4. To me, it's
> priceless.
>
> Do you have any fun vintage stuff around the house?
>
> Jill

My mom and grandma both had nut choppers but not like that. They had the
same kind and they were not effective at all. Why? Because the nuts got
chopped randomly. You were left with dust and big chunks with only a few
pieces that were likely the size you were going for. You could keep going
and get nut dust if that was what you were after.

I don't think that I have anything vintage except for a green glass bowl
that I bought as a joke. My mom had one and she always put grapes in it. I
found it on Ebay for cheap. And when my parents came to visit, I served
them grapes in it but the joke was totally lost on them. I think I might
also still have the blue cornflower casserole dish that likely everyone has.

I mostly just don't like old stuff and I got rid of things that I didn't
use. I did have a lot of old glass decorative stuff but no more.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 6:49:44 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
> Does this thing remind anyone else of Robbie the Robot? It's a vintage
> nut chopper. It belonged to my grandmother. An interesting little bit
> of family cooking history.
>
> http://i66.tinypic.com/20gickj.jpg
>
> I have posted grandma's recipe for date nut coconut candy before.
> That's the gadget she used to chop the walnuts. Circa 1950 or so. The
> glass base is stamped Federal Tool Corp. Chicago. The top is actually a
> plastic measuring cup that pops off. It has a built-in shaker on the
> top for sprinkling the chopped or ground nuts on something. The blades
> seem to be still good and sharp.
>
> According to eBay and other sites it's worth about $4. To me, it's
> priceless.
>
> Do you have any fun vintage stuff around the house?

Not me. If it can't go in the dishwasher, I don't want it.

"Old" doesn't hold any particular attraction to me. Must be
genetic. When I was a kid, our dishes were melamine until
Mom switched to Corelle in the 80s.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 5:49:44 PM UTC-6, jmcquown wrote:
> Does this thing remind anyone else of Robbie the Robot? It's a vintage
> nut chopper. It belonged to my grandmother. An interesting little bit
> of family cooking history.
>
> http://i66.tinypic.com/20gickj.jpg
>
> I have posted grandma's recipe for date nut coconut candy before.
> That's the gadget she used to chop the walnuts. Circa 1950 or so. The
> glass base is stamped Federal Tool Corp. Chicago. The top is actually a
> plastic measuring cup that pops off. It has a built-in shaker on the
> top for sprinkling the chopped or ground nuts on something. The blades
> seem to be still good and sharp.
>
> According to eBay and other sites it's worth about $4. To me, it's
> priceless.
>
> Do you have any fun vintage stuff around the house?

My wife uses that type of nut chopper.

> Jill

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 6:49:44 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
> Does this thing remind anyone else of Robbie the Robot? It's a vintage
> nut chopper. It belonged to my grandmother. An interesting little bit
> of family cooking history.
>
> http://i66.tinypic.com/20gickj.jpg
>
> I have posted grandma's recipe for date nut coconut candy before.
> That's the gadget she used to chop the walnuts. Circa 1950 or so. The
> glass base is stamped Federal Tool Corp. Chicago. The top is actually a
> plastic measuring cup that pops off. It has a built-in shaker on the
> top for sprinkling the chopped or ground nuts on something. The blades
> seem to be still good and sharp.
>
> According to eBay and other sites it's worth about $4. To me, it's
> priceless.
>
> Do you have any fun vintage stuff around the house?
>
> Jill

I have a similar item and it works extremely well. It's still available for purchase.

http://www.richardfisher.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/11/2015 6:45 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 6:49:44 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
>> Does this thing remind anyone else of Robbie the Robot? It's a vintage
>> nut chopper. It belonged to my grandmother. An interesting little bit
>> of family cooking history.
>>
>> http://i66.tinypic.com/20gickj.jpg
>>
>> I have posted grandma's recipe for date nut coconut candy before.
>> That's the gadget she used to chop the walnuts. Circa 1950 or so. The
>> glass base is stamped Federal Tool Corp. Chicago. The top is actually a
>> plastic measuring cup that pops off. It has a built-in shaker on the
>> top for sprinkling the chopped or ground nuts on something. The blades
>> seem to be still good and sharp.
>>
>> According to eBay and other sites it's worth about $4. To me, it's
>> priceless.
>>
>> Do you have any fun vintage stuff around the house?

> Not me. If it can't go in the dishwasher, I don't want it.
>
> "Old" doesn't hold any particular attraction to me. Must be
> genetic. When I was a kid, our dishes were melamine until
> Mom switched to Corelle in the 80s.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I like old gadgets but only if it's functional. The nut chopper still
works, should I ever need it.

My maternal grandparents had melamine. I still have one of the divided
serving bowls and a platter. Functional. Mom bought Corelle when it
first came out. She was still using it in 2008. I had a set, too, for
about 20 years. I got tired of it after a while. I donated the set to
the Salvation Army and bought a set of white stoneware to replace it.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-12-10, jmcquown > wrote:
> Does this thing remind anyone else of Robbie the Robot? It's a vintage
> nut chopper. It belonged to my grandmother. An interesting little bit
> of family cooking history.
>
> http://i66.tinypic.com/20gickj.jpg

We usta have one of those, but w/o the top cover.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/11/2015 9:37 AM, notbob wrote:
> On 2015-12-10, jmcquown > wrote:
>> Does this thing remind anyone else of Robbie the Robot? It's a vintage
>> nut chopper. It belonged to my grandmother. An interesting little bit
>> of family cooking history.
>>
>> http://i66.tinypic.com/20gickj.jpg

> We usta have one of those, but w/o the top cover.
>
> nb

I don't see how it could work if it didn't have a cover above the metal
chopping blades.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-12-11, jmcquown > wrote:

> I don't see how it could work if it didn't have a cover above the metal
> chopping blades.

Jes turn the thing upside-down and turn the knob. Not exactly rocket
science.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/11/2015 9:58 AM, notbob wrote:
> On 2015-12-11, jmcquown > wrote:
>
>> I don't see how it could work if it didn't have a cover above the metal
>> chopping blades.

> Jes turn the thing upside-down and turn the knob. Not exactly rocket
> science.
>
> nb

Uh... okay. The chopped nuts are supposed to fall into the glass
container but sure, that would work.

I have one of these, too, a vintage cocktail shaker:

http://tinyurl.com/zrfc76g

I'll likely be selling it to one of my neighbors for about $10.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> Mom bought Corelle when it
> first came out. She was still using it in 2008. I had a set, too, for
> about 20 years. I got tired of it after a while. I donated the set to
> the Salvation Army and bought a set of white stoneware to replace it.

I have very nice dishes and nice Oneida stainless flatware but on a
day to day basis, I still use my old
Corelleware dishes and the cheap supermarket flatware.

The good stuff I save for company and holidays.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/11/2015 10:21 AM, Gary wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> Mom bought Corelle when it
>> first came out. She was still using it in 2008. I had a set, too, for
>> about 20 years. I got tired of it after a while. I donated the set to
>> the Salvation Army and bought a set of white stoneware to replace it.

> I have very nice dishes and nice Oneida stainless flatware but on a
> day to day basis, I still use my old
> Corelleware dishes and the cheap supermarket flatware.
>
> The good stuff I save for company and holidays.

My everyday dishes are "good stuff". It suits me. I got tired of the
old stuff. Sosume.

The patterns when Corelle was first introduced were intended to match
the popular appliance shades of the day. Harvest Gold, Avocado Green
and the less popular IIRC Woodland Brown Corelle to go with what I call
Coppertone kitchen appliances.

http://tinyurl.com/nmucwht

I think I would have liked that brown on white pattern better. I had
the Harvest Gold, so did Mom. I just got tired of it. Donated the set
to the Salvation Army and got a nice white set of stoneware. I like
plain white dishes. You can vary the way a table setting looks simply
by changing the cloth, the placemats and/or the glassware.

Of course you and I both entertain so much, that's terribly important! LOL

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> Of course you and I both entertain so much, that's terribly important! LOL

Would you be interested in coming over for dinner tonight, Jill?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/11/2015 10:11 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> It was this colorful set:

ost

Wed, 25 Nov 2015 21:18:00 -0600
MicroPlanet-Gravity/3.0.4

She should call the cops. I've already publicly admitted it is me so
a conviction should be a piece of cake and then forging would stop.
So what's stopping her? I think she suffers from Bovism - she just
loves the attention and drama and screw the rest of the group.

-sw

And before that the subhuman virus stalked poor Omelet right of the net!

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

> The facebook group is much more pleasant.

Only because you cower there in mortal fear of being booted by the admins.

You're _done_ here virus, I mean really done.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/11/2015 6:45 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> "Old" doesn't hold any particular attraction to me. Must be
> genetic. When I was a kid, our dishes were melamine until
> Mom switched to Corelle in the 80s.

My dishes are Corelle now. I like how easily they clean up and I don't
believe in the unbreakable part, though they are a /little/ harder to
break. I've had a bowl or two shatter into a million pieces when dropped
on the floor though. They don't just break like stoneware, when they
break they shatter.

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheryl wrote:
> On 12/11/2015 6:45 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
>> "Old" doesn't hold any particular attraction to me. Must be
>> genetic. When I was a kid, our dishes were melamine until
>> Mom switched to Corelle in the 80s.

> My dishes are Corelle now. I like how easily they clean up and I don't
> believe in the unbreakable part, though they are a /little/ harder to
> break. I've had a bowl or two shatter into a million pieces when dropped
> on the floor though. They don't just break like stoneware, when they
> break they shatter.

Corelle is some cool stuff. We use it camping and it's proven a real
upgrade over the porcelain coated metal plates from the surplus store.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/12/2015 7:40 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> On 12/11/2015 6:45 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
>> "Old" doesn't hold any particular attraction to me. Must be
>> genetic. When I was a kid, our dishes were melamine until
>> Mom switched to Corelle in the 80s.

> My dishes are Corelle now. I like how easily they clean up and I don't
> believe in the unbreakable part, though they are a /little/ harder to
> break. I've had a bowl or two shatter into a million pieces when dropped
> on the floor though. They don't just break like stoneware, when they
> break they shatter.

Yes, when Corelle breaks it is worse than any glassware. Wowsa, in a
million pieces. Sharp shards. Fortunately I don't drop anytning that
often.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Dec 2015 03:41:01 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Sat, 12 Dec 2015 19:40:47 -0500, Cheryl wrote:
>
>> My dishes are Corelle now. I like how easily they clean up and I don't
>> believe in the unbreakable part, though they are a /little/ harder to
>> break. I've had a bowl or two shatter into a million pieces when dropped
>> on the floor though. They don't just break like stoneware, when they
>> break they shatter.

>I accidentally dropped my favorite Corelle plater flat on the floor
>and I couldn't believe the *sound* it made and how it splattered.
>
>If you drop a Corelle plate flat on a hard floor the sound is
>incredible.

Interesting, thanks.

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/13/2015 2:41 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> the sound is
> incredible.
>
> -sw

ost

Wed, 25 Nov 2015 21:18:00 -0600
MicroPlanet-Gravity/3.0.4

She should call the cops. I've already publicly admitted it is me so
a conviction should be a piece of cake and then forging would stop.
So what's stopping her? I think she suffers from Bovism - she just
loves the attention and drama and screw the rest of the group.

-sw

And before that the subhuman virus stalked poor Omelet right of the net!

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

> The facebook group is much more pleasant.

Only because you cower there in mortal fear of being booted by the admins.

You're _done_ here virus, I mean really done.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> I accidentally dropped my favorite Corelle plater

Boo ****ing hoo.

Drop dead.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Groupkilla wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
> > I accidentally dropped my favorite Corelle plater

> Boo ****ing hoo.
>
> Drop dead.

Can you at least give it a rest at Christmas time?
Peace on Earth and a wooden stake in your evil heart, jackass.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:
> Groupkilla wrote:
>>
>> Sqwertz wrote:
>>> I accidentally dropped my favorite Corelle plater

>> Boo ****ing hoo.
>>
>> Drop dead.

> Can you at least give it a rest at Christmas time?

Can you admit the guy stalks women without mercy?

Even AT Christmas!

Btw, that's 12 days away.

> Peace on Earth and a wooden stake in your evil heart, jackass.

And **** you straight to HELL too, you woman-stalking supporter!

It's spineless attention whores like you and that stinking weasel that
reanimate viral infections like Swertty and Marty.

You're the biggest phony out here!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Groupkilla wrote:

> Gary wrote:
> > Groupkilla wrote:

> >> Boo ****ing hoo.
> >>
> >> Drop dead.

> > Can you at least give it a rest at Christmas time?

> Can you admit the guy stalks women without mercy?
>
> Even AT Christmas!
>
> Btw, that's 12 days away.
>
> > Peace on Earth and a wooden stake in your evil heart, jackass.

> And **** you straight to HELL too, you woman-stalking supporter!
>
> It's spineless attention whores like you and that stinking weasel that
> reanimate viral infections like Swertty and Marty.
>
> You're the biggest phony out here!

Easy there pal...Dont you call my little furry one a stinking weasel
or I will personally kick your annoying ass from RFC to Albasini.net
and back.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 12, 2015 at 7:20:32 PM UTC-6, jmcquown wrote:
> Yes, when Corelle breaks it is worse than any glassware. Wowsa, in a
> million pieces. Sharp shards. Fortunately I don't drop anytning that
> often.
>
> Jill

Yes, Corelle is very very hard. I've never broken a Corelle plate, I have two. Plan on having them until I die. NOT cheap Chinese JUNK!!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:
> Groupkilla wrote:
>>
>> Gary wrote:

>>> Can you at least give it a rest at Christmas time?

>> Can you admit the guy stalks women without mercy?
>>
>> Even AT Christmas!
>>
>> Btw, that's 12 days away.
>>
>>> Peace on Earth and a wooden stake in your evil heart, jackass.

>> And **** you straight to HELL too, you woman-stalking supporter!
>>
>> It's spineless attention whores like you and that stinking weasel that
>> reanimate viral infections like Swertty and Marty.
>>
>> You're the biggest phony out here!

> Easy there pal...Dont you call my little furry one a stinking weasel
> or I will personally kick your annoying ass from RFC to Albasini.net
> and back.

Found a soft spot did I?

:-0

Don't reanimate trolls like Sqwerty and Marty then - deal?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Groupkilla wrote:

> Gary wrote:
> > Easy there pal...Dont you call my little furry one a stinking weasel
> > or I will personally kick your annoying ass from RFC to Albasini.net
> > and back.
> >

> Found a soft spot did I?
> :-0

LOL! :-D

> Don't reanimate trolls like Sqwerty and Marty then - deal?

Here's my counter offer. I will talk to your two buddies but I'll also
talk to you.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-12-13 12:23 PM, Gary wrote:
> Groupkilla wrote:

>> Don't reanimate trolls like Sqwerty and Marty then - deal?

> Here's my counter offer. I will talk to your two buddies but I'll also
> talk to you.

He is as much a PITA as they are. Some people are trying to filter out
all the idiots and your responses make that a little more difficult.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:
> Groupkilla wrote:
>>
>> Gary wrote:
>>> Easy there pal...Dont you call my little furry one a stinking weasel
>>> or I will personally kick your annoying ass from RFC to Albasini.net
>>> and back.
>>>

>> Found a soft spot did I?
>> :-0

> LOL! :-D

I confess to being partial to weasels, even when the raid my goodies
when camping.

>> Don't reanimate trolls like Sqwerty and Marty then - deal?

> Here's my counter offer. I will talk to your two buddies but I'll also
> talk to you.

RE_jected!

You may ignore me as you please.

The woman-stalker and the virus sending group killer must go.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/13/2015 12:23 PM, Gary wrote:

> Here's my counter offer. I will talk to your two buddies but I'll also
> talk to you.

You can't negotiate with terrorists.

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheryl wrote:
> On 12/13/2015 12:23 PM, Gary wrote:
>
>> Here's my counter offer. I will talk to your two buddies but I'll also
>> talk to you.

> You can't negotiate with terrorists.

Sqwerty and Marty are that, yes.

Pity Gary fell in with them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Groupkilla wrote:
>>
>> Gary wrote:

>> > Can you at least give it a rest at Christmas time?

>> Can you admit the guy stalks women without mercy?
>>
>> Even AT Christmas!
>>
>> Btw, that's 12 days away.
>>
>> > Peace on Earth and a wooden stake in your evil heart, jackass.

>> And **** you straight to HELL too, you woman-stalking supporter!
>>
>> It's spineless attention whores like you and that stinking weasel that
>> reanimate viral infections like Swertty and Marty.
>>
>> You're the biggest phony out here!

> Easy there pal...Dont you call my little furry one a stinking weasel
> or I will personally kick your annoying ass from RFC to Albasini.net
> and back.

Yes, leave Mia out of it, she is an innocent!

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2015-12-13 12:23 PM, Gary wrote:
>> Groupkilla wrote:

>>> Don't reanimate trolls like Sqwerty and Marty then - deal?

>> Here's my counter offer. I will talk to your two buddies but I'll also
>> talk to you.
>>

> He is as much a PITA as they are. Some people are trying to filter out
> all the idiots and your responses make that a little more difficult.

Oh boo hoo!

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message

>>> Here's my counter offer. I will talk to your two buddies but I'll also
>>> talk to you.
>>>

>> He is as much a PITA as they are. Some people are trying to filter out
>> all the idiots and your responses make that a little more difficult.

> Oh boo hoo!

dave is one of the biggest idiots around here and I have him filtered out
which is good enough for me! Does he ever stop whinging that the entire
group doesn't follow his instructions ... ugh. It makes you wonder what his
real life is like when he is so desperate to control everyone here.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Groupkilla wrote:

> I confess to being partial to weasels, even when the raid my goodies
> when camping.

Cool!
http://i59.tinypic.com/vgrmme.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:
> Groupkilla wrote:
>>
>> I confess to being partial to weasels, even when the raid my goodies
>> when camping.

> Cool!
> http://i59.tinypic.com/vgrmme.jpg

Did you know weasels really love brownies?

I mean a lot!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> Give it a rest? Hardly.

Yeah, you never gave poor Omelet a rest:

>> Omelet wrote:

>> He hates me 'cause I never slept with him...

> He hates himself because he is all he has to sleep with
> I don't know, sometimes he used to seem normal, then he went petty
> trough vindictive and now I just shun contact. I have enough crazies to
> deal with in my world without encouraging those who refuse to take their
> meds.

For the record, I never once even considered sleeping with you. And
you know that. You're the one who somehow got the idea that I was
going to move in with you - and you posted that to RFC just out of the
total blue.

After having met you twice at casual austin.food gatherings 2 or 3
years ago and not giving you any indication that there was any sort of
romantic interest in the least, you somehow twisted that into MY
MOVING IN WITH YOU?

That was just way too Psycho for me. I sat there at stared at the
screen for at least 15 minutes wondering, WTF? That was just way too
spooky. I've met weird, semi-psycho women before but you win, hands
down. Mapi of austin.general still holds the male title, but at least
he announced his psychosis right there lying on the floor of the bar
at B.D. Reilly's rather than romantically obsessing over me for 2
years.

Needless to say, you need to come to terms with what happened and why
your mind works that way and stop making up excuses for your fixation
and disappointment before we become the next Yoli and Michael. I'd
prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

And Jeremy, I was just tired of your decade of bullshit and visions of
grandeur about all these things you're "working on" or have not done
in the past. Even posting a call for meetings with imaginary people
about imaginary projects of yours at "the normal time and place", as
if you are somebody important with a life. I'm pretty sure you're
manic depressive mixed with habitual liar.

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Dec 2015 12:23:38 -0500, Gary wrote:
>
>> Here's my counter offer. I will talk to your two buddies but I'll also
>> talk to you.

> Talk to us about ... what?
>
> -sw

This: