Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bye, bye, bananas

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ld-go-extinct/

Bye, bye, bananas
By Roberto A. Ferdman December 4 at 9:06 AM

In the mid 1900s, the most popular banana in the world€”a sweet, creamy
variety called Gros Michel grown in Latin America€”all but disappeared
from the planet. At the time, it was the only banana in the world that
could be exported. But a fungus, known as Panama Disease, which first
appeared in Australia in the late 1800s, changed that after jumping
continents. The disease debilitated the plants that bore the fruit. The
damage was so great and swift that in a matter of only a few decades the
Gros Michel nearly went extinct.

Now, half a century later, a new strain of the disease is threatening
the existence of the Cavendish, the banana that replaced the Gros Michel
as the world's top banana export, representing 99 percent of the market,
along with a number of banana varieties produced and eaten locally
around the world.

And there is no known way to stop it€”or even contain it.

That's the troubling conclusion of a new study published in PLOS
Pathogens, which confirmed something many agricultural scientists have
feared to be true: that dying banana plants in various parts of the
world are suffering from the same exact thing: Tropical Race 4, a more
potent mutation of the much feared Panama Disease.

Specifically, the researchers warn that the strain, which first began
wreaking havoc in Southeast Asia some 50 years ago and has more recently
spread to other parts of Asia, Africa, the Middle East, and Australia,
will eventually make its way to Latin America, where the vast majority
of the world's banana exports are still grown. At this point, they say,
it's not a question of whether Tropical Race 4 will infiltrate the
mothership of global banana production; it's a matter of when.

The reason the original disease and its latest permutation are so
threatening to bananas is largely a result of the way in which we have
cultivated the fruit. While dozens of different varieties are grown
around the world, often in close proximity to one another, commercially
produced bananas are all the same (quite literally in fact, because they
are effectively clones of each other).

This helps companies like Dole and Chiquita control for consistency and
produce massive amounts of bananas on the cheap without having to deal
with imperfections (it's the reason why the fruit is so easy to find at
supermarkets everywhere). But it also makes their bananas incredibly
vulnerable to attacks from pests and disease. When you get rid of
variety entirely, you risk exposing a crop to something it can neither
cope with nor evolve to defend itself against.

The Irish Potato Blight is a perfect example of how monocultures can
backfire. In the 1800s, Irish potato farmers came to favor a single
potato variety, which backfired when a fungus-like organism entered the
country and met no natural resistance. In 1846, the country, which
depended heavily on potatoes for basic nutrition, lost most of its
potato production, which, in turn, contributed to the deaths of hundreds
of thousands of people.

The virtual extinction of the Gros Michel is an apt example, too. When
the first strain of the Panama Disease appeared in Latin America, there
was nothing to stop it. This is how Gwynn Guilford, who chronicled the
hopeless sequence in a piece last year, put it:

As whole plantations failed, United Fruit and others made the
obvious choice: they picked up and moved somewhere else in Latin America.

But the blight followed. After it wiped out plantations in Costa
Rica, Panama disease followed United Fruit to Guatemala. And then to
Nicaragua, then Colombia and then Ecuador. By 1960, 77 years after it
had appeared, Panama disease had wiped the Gros Michel out of every
export plantation on the face of the planet.

The effect was felt all around the world. Certainly in the United
States, where it inspired a song called "Yes, We Have No Bananas."

The latest strain is likely to put the risks of monoculture on display
once more. And while scientists might find or breed a better one in the
mean time, the reality is that this time around we don't have a
formidable replacement that's resistant to the new strain of Panama
Disease. Once it reaches Latin America, as it is expected to, it could
be only a matter of decades before the most popular banana on the planet
once again disappears.

The great irony is that the Cavendish, the banana currently sold at just
about every supermarket in the developed world, rose to prominence
almost exclusively because unlike its predecessor, it was resistant to
the original strain of Panama Disease. The Cavendish is less desirable,
more susceptible to other diseases, has a tendency to bruise, doesn't
ripen easily or last very long before spoiling, and is "lamentably
bland," as Mike Peed wrote in a 2011 piece for the New Yorker.

Now that it looks like the Cavendish could suffer the same fate as the
last commercially produced banana (eventually, but not tomorrow, so
there's no need to go hoarding bananas) it's becoming a little clearer
that it probably wasn't the type of banana but rather the type of
production that needed changing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Travis McGee" wrote:

> The Cavendish is less desirable, more susceptible to other diseases, has a
> tendency to bruise, doesn't ripen easily or last very long before
> spoiling, and is "lamentably bland," as Mike Peed wrote in a 2011 piece
> for the New Yorker.

He nailed it, the banana is indeed lamentably bland. Why is it so popular?
Because its easy to peel, even a child can do it.

Instead of spending bazillions of dollars finding a fix for the banana
blight, I would like to see the money spent on developing a peelable papaya!
Then you will have a fruit worthy of the Calories.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Osmium" > wrote in message
> "Travis McGee" wrote:
>
>> The Cavendish is less desirable, more susceptible to other diseases, has
>> a tendency to bruise, doesn't ripen easily or last very long before
>> spoiling, and is "lamentably bland," as Mike Peed wrote in a 2011 piece
>> for the New Yorker.

> He nailed it, the banana is indeed lamentably bland. Why is it so
> popular? Because its easy to peel, even a child can do it.

has anyone here ever tasted a banana other than a Cavendish? Do they exist
in parts of the world? Inquiring taste buds want to know.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 5, 2015 at 6:18:58 AM UTC-10, Osmium wrote:
> "Travis McGee" wrote:
>
> > The Cavendish is less desirable, more susceptible to other diseases, has a
> > tendency to bruise, doesn't ripen easily or last very long before
> > spoiling, and is "lamentably bland," as Mike Peed wrote in a 2011 piece
> > for the New Yorker.

> He nailed it, the banana is indeed lamentably bland. Why is it so popular?
> Because its easy to peel, even a child can do it.
>
> Instead of spending bazillions of dollars finding a fix for the banana
> blight, I would like to see the money spent on developing a peelable papaya!
> Then you will have a fruit worthy of the Calories.

The papayas over here are totally awesome! The ringspot virus almost destroyed the papaya industry in Hawaii. Incorporating part of the genetic code of the ringspot into the papaya DNA made it resistant to ringspot virus. The good news is that the papaya industry was saved and these GMO papayas are damn tasty. The bad news is that they may be affected by the new strains of ringspot.

While not peelable, papayas have the advantage of being the one fruit that the elderly find palpable. Well, the old folks over here like to eat them anyway.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 5, 2015 at 9:12:13 AM UTC-10, taxed and spent wrote:
> "Osmium" > wrote in message
> > "Travis McGee" wrote:
> >
> >> The Cavendish is less desirable, more susceptible to other diseases, has
> >> a tendency to bruise, doesn't ripen easily or last very long before
> >> spoiling, and is "lamentably bland," as Mike Peed wrote in a 2011 piece
> >> for the New Yorker.

> > He nailed it, the banana is indeed lamentably bland. Why is it so
> > popular? Because its easy to peel, even a child can do it.

> has anyone here ever tasted a banana other than a Cavendish? Do they exist
> in parts of the world? Inquiring taste buds want to know.

The banana of choice in Hawaii are apple bananas. A lot of people will grow them in their yards. I don't think very many people grow Cavendish bananas at home.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 5 Dec 2015 11:12:03 -0800, "taxed and spent"
> wrote:

> "Osmium" > wrote in message
> > "Travis McGee" wrote:
> >
> >> The Cavendish is less desirable, more susceptible to other diseases, has
> >> a tendency to bruise, doesn't ripen easily or last very long before
> >> spoiling, and is "lamentably bland," as Mike Peed wrote in a 2011 piece
> >> for the New Yorker.

> > He nailed it, the banana is indeed lamentably bland. Why is it so
> > popular? Because its easy to peel, even a child can do it.

> has anyone here ever tasted a banana other than a Cavendish? Do they exist
> in parts of the world? Inquiring taste buds want to know.

I've tried others and won't miss Cavendish because they are perfectly
acceptable for me. I also will welcome the variety of choices.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/12/2015 6:12 AM, taxed and spent wrote:
> "Osmium" > wrote in message
>> "Travis McGee" wrote:
>>
>>> The Cavendish is less desirable, more susceptible to other diseases, has
>>> a tendency to bruise, doesn't ripen easily or last very long before
>>> spoiling, and is "lamentably bland," as Mike Peed wrote in a 2011 piece
>>> for the New Yorker.

>> He nailed it, the banana is indeed lamentably bland. Why is it so
>> popular? Because its easy to peel, even a child can do it.

> has anyone here ever tasted a banana other than a Cavendish? Do they exist
> in parts of the world? Inquiring taste buds want to know.

We have a few types here. I'm about to head off to the Sunday Market and
buy a swag of locally grown Ducasse bananas. Also can get Ladyfingers
but we prefer the Ducasse over them all.

--

Xeno
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Xeno" > wrote in message
> On 6/12/2015 6:12 AM, taxed and spent wrote:

>>> He nailed it, the banana is indeed lamentably bland. Why is it so
>>> popular? Because its easy to peel, even a child can do it.

>> has anyone here ever tasted a banana other than a Cavendish? Do they
>> exist
>> in parts of the world? Inquiring taste buds want to know.
>>

> We have a few types here. I'm about to head off to the Sunday Market and
> buy a swag of locally grown Ducasse bananas. Also can get Ladyfingers but
> we prefer the Ducasse over them all.

how do they differ in taste?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/5/2015 2:12 PM, taxed and spent wrote:

> has anyone here ever tasted a banana other than a Cavendish? Do they exist
> in parts of the world? Inquiring taste buds want to know.

I haven't that I'm aware of because I never thought about there being
different varieties. Go figure! So now that I've read about bananas, I
just noticed on a TV commercial that a woman was picking up baby bananas
and handed them to her child sitting in the cart seat. I don't think I
would have noticed that before.

One of my rare treats with bananas is a mudslide frozen drink with a
banana added to the blender with ice. Yum. Learned that from one of my
niece's last summer on our beach vacation.

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-12-06, Cheryl > wrote:
> On 12/5/2015 2:12 PM, taxed and spent wrote:

>> has anyone here ever tasted a banana other than a Cavendish? Do they exist
>> in parts of the world? Inquiring taste buds want to know.

> I haven't that I'm aware of because I never thought about there being
> different varieties. Go figure!

Yeah. The bananas we Americans like to eat is the only banana on the
planet and when it goes, we're all doomed to drink real milkshakes
intstead of overpriced smoothies!! 8|

As if. There are over 400 species of banana/plantain and the reason
the Cavendish is so popular and widespread is cuz the growers/shippers
can make the most $$$$ from it. That's it. End of bogus reasons
for the alleged disappearance of our beloved banana.

IOW, someone will find a profitable substitute. That, or some
nefarious corporation will GMO it, then organic eaters will have to
find a decent substitute. Me? I'm going to the market and buy some
more Cavendish 'nanners and make another coconut/'nanner pie.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

taxed and spent wrote:

> has anyone here ever tasted a banana other than a Cavendish? Do they exist
> in parts of the world? Inquiring taste buds want to know.

When I lived on Lung Guyland the hood was becoming Hispanic so I tried
several kinds of bananas, but to be honest I really didn't like the
weirdo bananas, the textures and flavors were very foriegn to me. I
did like plantains but not the different 'dessert' type bananas. A
lot of the produce was very weird to me, all those huge hairy root
type thingies, I had no idea what to do with them. I'd ask the female
shoppers (Hispanic men don't shop) how to cook those roots but they
seemed uncomfortable with my asking, probably because most Hispanic
women have large breasts and I couldn't resist ogling... well what did
they expect, most didn't wear bras amd their huge nursing nipples were
poking through their tee shirts... maybe in Hondurus it's no biggie,
but I found it very distracting, especially when they'd nurse their
four year old in public, can you blame me for being envious? I still
remember being in line in the post office and here's this latina woman
with two kids, right in front of me her four year old son and three
year old daughter kept diving under her tee shirt and latching on to
her huge breasts... she couldn't be more than twenty years old, she
was very cute, couldn't be more than 5' and 110 lbs and had humongous
boobs... I left before buying stamps lest I get arrested for sexual
assault... I was 35 years old then and it was all I could do to
control myself... I coulda split that little thing like a ripe melon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/12/2015 6:00 AM, notbob wrote:
> On 2015-12-06, Cheryl > wrote:
>> On 12/5/2015 2:12 PM, taxed and spent wrote:

>>> has anyone here ever tasted a banana other than a Cavendish? Do they exist
>>> in parts of the world? Inquiring taste buds want to know.

>> I haven't that I'm aware of because I never thought about there being
>> different varieties. Go figure!

> Yeah. The bananas we Americans like to eat is the only banana on the
> planet and when it goes, we're all doomed to drink real milkshakes
> intstead of overpriced smoothies!! 8|
>
> As if. There are over 400 species of banana/plantain and the reason
> the Cavendish is so popular and widespread is cuz the growers/shippers
> can make the most $$$$ from it. That's it. End of bogus reasons
> for the alleged disappearance of our beloved banana.
>
> IOW, someone will find a profitable substitute. That, or some
> nefarious corporation will GMO it, then organic eaters will have to
> find a decent substitute. Me? I'm going to the market and buy some
> more Cavendish 'nanners and make another coconut/'nanner pie.
>
> nb

Cavendish are tasteless crap.

--

Xeno
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 5, 2015 at 2:12:13 PM UTC-5, taxed and spent wrote:

> has anyone here ever tasted a banana other than a Cavendish? Do they exist
> in parts of the world? Inquiring taste buds want to know.

Yes. There are many other types, usually about a third of the size. All that I have tasted have a much better flavor. They are difficult to find and a more expensive (but not to much so) and have a less firm texture. One reason they may not be too popular is that they do not peal as easily. The best way is to peal them from the bottom, not the top.

http://www.richardfisher.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Helpful person wrote:

> taxed and spent wrote:
> >
> > has anyone here ever tasted a banana other than a Cavendish? Do they exist
> > in parts of the world? Inquiring taste buds want to know.

> Yes. There are many other types, usually about a third of the size. All that I have tasted have a much better flavor. They are difficult to find and a more expensive (but not to much so) and have a less firm texture.

Where are you all seeing different "species" of banana?

I've never seen this in any grocery store. The shelf space just says
"bananas" and...DOH..like I can't recognize one. The tiny label on one
banana in the bunch just says, "Dole" or "Chiquita"

Of course, they have plantains (labeled that way) and occasionally
(but rarely) I'll see some tiny bananas.

I did buy a plantain once. I knew it was supposed to be cooked so I
sliced it and fried in butter. It was nasty. oh well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, December 7, 2015 at 9:46:36 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> Helpful person wrote:
> >
> > taxed and spent wrote:
> > >
> > > has anyone here ever tasted a banana other than a Cavendish? Do they exist
> > > in parts of the world? Inquiring taste buds want to know.

> > Yes. There are many other types, usually about a third of the size. All that I have tasted have a much better flavor. They are difficult to find and a more expensive (but not to much so) and have a less firm texture.

> Where are you all seeing different "species" of banana?

High-end grocery stores like Whole Foods, or their
local knockoffs. Ethnic groceries of various stripes.

> I've never seen this in any grocery store. The shelf space just says
> "bananas" and...DOH..like I can't recognize one. The tiny label on one
> banana in the bunch just says, "Dole" or "Chiquita"
>
> Of course, they have plantains (labeled that way) and occasionally
> (but rarely) I'll see some tiny bananas.

Well, there's your different species.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote:

> On Monday, December 7, 2015 at 9:46:36 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
>> Helpful person wrote:

>> > Yes. There are many other types, usually about a third of the size.
>> > All that I have tasted have a much better flavor. They are difficult
>> > to find and a more expensive (but not to much so) and have a less firm
>> > texture.

>> Where are you all seeing different "species" of banana?

> High-end grocery stores like Whole Foods, or their
> local knockoffs. Ethnic groceries of various stripes.
>
>> I've never seen this in any grocery store. The shelf space just says
>> "bananas" and...DOH..like I can't recognize one. The tiny label on one
>> banana in the bunch just says, "Dole" or "Chiquita"
>>
>> Of course, they have plantains (labeled that way) and occasionally
>> (but rarely) I'll see some tiny bananas.

> Well, there's your different species.

Species seems like a strange word to use when describing an organism the
propagates by cloning. Isn't a species where the offspring of two creatures
can mate and produce viable offspring? AIUI a donkey and a horse can mate
and produce a mule. The mule can not reproduce.

No, I don't blame you for introducing the word into the discussion.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Osmium wrote:

> Species seems like a strange word to use when describing an organism the
> propagates by cloning. Isn't a species where the offspring of two creatures
> can mate and produce viable offspring? AIUI a donkey and a horse can mate
> and produce a mule. The mule can not reproduce.
>
> No, I don't blame you for introducing the word into the discussion.

I'm the one that used the word species for different bananas.
Maybe not the proper term but everyone knew what I meant.
LOL!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, December 6, 2015 at 8:30:03 PM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> taxed and spent wrote:
> >
> > has anyone here ever tasted a banana other than a Cavendish? Do they exist
> > in parts of the world? Inquiring taste buds want to know.

> When I lived on Lung Guyland the hood was becoming Hispanic so I tried
> several kinds of bananas, but to be honest I really didn't like the
> weirdo bananas, the textures and flavors were very foriegn to me. I
> did like plantains but not the different 'dessert' type bananas. A
> lot of the produce was very weird to me, all those huge hairy root
> type thingies, I had no idea what to do with them. I'd ask the female
> shoppers (Hispanic men don't shop) how to cook those roots but they
> seemed uncomfortable with my asking, probably because most Hispanic
> women have large breasts and I couldn't resist ogling... well what did
> they expect, most didn't wear bras amd their huge nursing nipples were
> poking through their tee shirts... maybe in Hondurus it's no biggie,
> but I found it very distracting, especially when they'd nurse their
> four year old in public, can you blame me for being envious? I still
> remember being in line in the post office and here's this latina woman
> with two kids, right in front of me her four year old son and three
> year old daughter kept diving under her tee shirt and latching on to
> her huge breasts... she couldn't be more than twenty years old, she
> was very cute, couldn't be more than 5' and 110 lbs and had humongous
> boobs... I left before buying stamps lest I get arrested for sexual
> assault... I was 35 years old then and it was all I could do to
> control myself... I coulda split that little thing like a ripe melon.

You present yourself as a person who has plenty of money, and there are
women who, for a rather large fee, will breast feed adult men (and the
occasional adult woman). As long as it's consensual, there's absolutely
nothing unethical about doing that, and as long as there is no accompanying
prostitution, it isn't illegal. Go for it, Sheldon.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at 7:25:01 AM UTC-10, MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:
> On Sunday, December 6, 2015 at 8:30:03 PM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> > taxed and spent wrote:
> > >
> > > has anyone here ever tasted a banana other than a Cavendish? Do they exist
> > > in parts of the world? Inquiring taste buds want to know.

> > When I lived on Lung Guyland the hood was becoming Hispanic so I tried
> > several kinds of bananas, but to be honest I really didn't like the
> > weirdo bananas, the textures and flavors were very foriegn to me. I
> > did like plantains but not the different 'dessert' type bananas. A
> > lot of the produce was very weird to me, all those huge hairy root
> > type thingies, I had no idea what to do with them. I'd ask the female
> > shoppers (Hispanic men don't shop) how to cook those roots but they
> > seemed uncomfortable with my asking, probably because most Hispanic
> > women have large breasts and I couldn't resist ogling... well what did
> > they expect, most didn't wear bras amd their huge nursing nipples were
> > poking through their tee shirts... maybe in Hondurus it's no biggie,
> > but I found it very distracting, especially when they'd nurse their
> > four year old in public, can you blame me for being envious? I still
> > remember being in line in the post office and here's this latina woman
> > with two kids, right in front of me her four year old son and three
> > year old daughter kept diving under her tee shirt and latching on to
> > her huge breasts... she couldn't be more than twenty years old, she
> > was very cute, couldn't be more than 5' and 110 lbs and had humongous
> > boobs... I left before buying stamps lest I get arrested for sexual
> > assault... I was 35 years old then and it was all I could do to
> > control myself... I coulda split that little thing like a ripe melon.

> You present yourself as a person who has plenty of money, and there are
> women who, for a rather large fee, will breast feed adult men (and the
> occasional adult woman). As long as it's consensual, there's absolutely
> nothing unethical about doing that, and as long as there is no accompanying
> prostitution, it isn't illegal. Go for it, Sheldon.
>
> --Bryan

For even more completely ethical fun, you could have the big bazoom hooker change your nappies after taking a dump in it. Later on, you both could shoot up in the toilet.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at 8:11:11 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> Osmium wrote:
> >
> > Species seems like a strange word to use when describing an organism the
> > propagates by cloning. Isn't a species where the offspring of two creatures
> > can mate and produce viable offspring? AIUI a donkey and a horse can mate
> > and produce a mule. The mule can not reproduce.
> >
> > No, I don't blame you for introducing the word into the discussion.

> I'm the one that used the word species for different bananas.
> Maybe not the proper term but everyone knew what I meant.
> LOL!

It's not the American Journal of Botany here. I don't
object to using "species" when we're talking about "cultivars"
or "varieties".

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at 2:50:14 PM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at 7:25:01 AM UTC-10, MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:

> > > When I lived on Lung Guyland the hood was becoming Hispanic so I tried
> > > several kinds of bananas, but to be honest I really didn't like the
> > > weirdo bananas, the textures and flavors were very foriegn to me. I
> > > did like plantains but not the different 'dessert' type bananas. A
> > > lot of the produce was very weird to me, all those huge hairy root
> > > type thingies, I had no idea what to do with them. I'd ask the female
> > > shoppers (Hispanic men don't shop) how to cook those roots but they
> > > seemed uncomfortable with my asking, probably because most Hispanic
> > > women have large breasts and I couldn't resist ogling... well what did
> > > they expect, most didn't wear bras amd their huge nursing nipples were
> > > poking through their tee shirts... maybe in Hondurus it's no biggie,
> > > but I found it very distracting, especially when they'd nurse their
> > > four year old in public, can you blame me for being envious? I still
> > > remember being in line in the post office and here's this latina woman
> > > with two kids, right in front of me her four year old son and three
> > > year old daughter kept diving under her tee shirt and latching on to
> > > her huge breasts... she couldn't be more than twenty years old, she
> > > was very cute, couldn't be more than 5' and 110 lbs and had humongous
> > > boobs... I left before buying stamps lest I get arrested for sexual
> > > assault... I was 35 years old then and it was all I could do to
> > > control myself... I coulda split that little thing like a ripe melon.

> > You present yourself as a person who has plenty of money, and there are
> > women who, for a rather large fee, will breast feed adult men (and the
> > occasional adult woman). As long as it's consensual, there's absolutely
> > nothing unethical about doing that, and as long as there is no accompanying
> > prostitution, it isn't illegal. Go for it, Sheldon.
> >
> > --Bryan

> For even more completely ethical fun, you could have the big bazoom hooker change your nappies after taking a dump in it. Later on, you both could shoot up in the toilet.

Implying that a guy who would enjoy drinking milk from the breasts of
a woman whose body he finds attractive suggests that he has an adult
baby fetish is just wrong.

Also, from what I've gathered, most women who provide the service do
not engage in sex with their clients. Guys will pay great money, far
more than for conventional sexual services.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at 2:50:14 PM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:

>>> You present yourself as a person who has plenty of money, and there are
>>> women who, for a rather large fee, will breast feed adult men (and the
>>> occasional adult woman). As long as it's consensual, there's absolutely
>>> nothing unethical about doing that, and as long as there is no accompanying
>>> prostitution, it isn't illegal. Go for it, Sheldon.
>>>
>>> --Bryan

>> For even more completely ethical fun, you could have the big bazoom hooker change your nappies after taking a dump in it. Later on, you both could shoot up in the toilet.

> Implying that a guy who would enjoy drinking milk from the breasts of
> a woman whose body he finds attractive suggests that he has an adult
> baby fetish is just wrong.

No, it's just accurate.

> Also, from what I've gathered, most women who provide the service do
> not engage in sex with their clients. Guys will pay great money, far
> more than for conventional sexual services.
>
> --Bryan

How much do they charge you?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 9:29:52 AM UTC-10, MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at 2:50:14 PM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:

> > > You present yourself as a person who has plenty of money, and there are
> > > women who, for a rather large fee, will breast feed adult men (and the
> > > occasional adult woman). As long as it's consensual, there's absolutely
> > > nothing unethical about doing that, and as long as there is no accompanying
> > > prostitution, it isn't illegal. Go for it, Sheldon.
> > >
> > > --Bryan

> > For even more completely ethical fun, you could have the big bazoom hooker change your nappies after taking a dump in it. Later on, you both could shoot up in the toilet.

> Implying that a guy who would enjoy drinking milk from the breasts of
> a woman whose body he finds attractive suggests that he has an adult
> baby fetish is just wrong.
>
> Also, from what I've gathered, most women who provide the service do
> not engage in sex with their clients. Guys will pay great money, far
> more than for conventional sexual services.
>
> --Bryan

I shall defer to your expertise in those things perverse i.e., completely ethical.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 9:29:52 AM UTC-10, MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:

>>> For even more completely ethical fun, you could have the big bazoom hooker change your nappies after taking a dump in it. Later on, you both could shoot up in the toilet.

>> Implying that a guy who would enjoy drinking milk from the breasts of
>> a woman whose body he finds attractive suggests that he has an adult
>> baby fetish is just wrong.
>>
>> Also, from what I've gathered, most women who provide the service do
>> not engage in sex with their clients. Guys will pay great money, far
>> more than for conventional sexual services.
>>
>> --Bryan

> I shall defer to your expertise in those things perverse i.e., completely ethical.

It's critical to consult an expert in these matters, of course...

;-)

Bananas Margaret Suran General Cooking 5 04-09-2006 03:43 PM
Bananas Edwin Pawlowski General Cooking 0 04-09-2006 05:28 AM
Bananas LadyJane General Cooking 3 04-09-2006 01:39 AM
Bananas Tara General Cooking 0 04-09-2006 12:19 AM
Bananas William Frazier Winemaking 9 02-12-2003 02:15 AM