Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default 2015 Chocolate Ganache

3lb 11oz chocolate, 1.75 cups 40% cream, nothing else.

Oh and LOTS of stirring and heat to melt everything!!

http://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/...53024785_o.jpg

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 01/12/2015 9:22 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> 3lb 11oz chocolate, 1.75 cups 40% cream, nothing else.
>
> Oh and LOTS of stirring and heat to melt everything!!
>
> http://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/...53024785_o.jpg
>
> John Kuthe...

Chopped liver anyone?
:-)
Graham

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, December 1, 2015 at 11:19:21 PM UTC-6, graham wrote:
> On 01/12/2015 9:22 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> > 3lb 11oz chocolate, 1.75 cups 40% cream, nothing else.
> >
> > Oh and LOTS of stirring and heat to melt everything!!
> >
> > http://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/...53024785_o.jpg
> >
> > John Kuthe...
> >

> Chopped liver anyone?
> :-)
> Graham
>
> --

Far more delicious than chopped liver!! It' CHOCOLATE!! YUM!! Perhaps the best way to eat chocolate too! And so easy to make!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 02/12/2015 7:53 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 1, 2015 at 11:19:21 PM UTC-6, graham wrote:
>> On 01/12/2015 9:22 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
>>> 3lb 11oz chocolate, 1.75 cups 40% cream, nothing else.
>>>
>>> Oh and LOTS of stirring and heat to melt everything!!
>>>
>>> http://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/...53024785_o.jpg
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...
>>>

>> Chopped liver anyone?
>> :-)
>> Graham
>>
>> --

> Far more delicious than chopped liver!! It' CHOCOLATE!! YUM!! Perhaps the best way to eat chocolate too! And so easy to make!
>
> John Kuthe...

Agreed! It's just that in your photo, it looked like a bloody great
piece of liver.
Graham

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, December 1, 2015 at 11:22:55 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> 3lb 11oz chocolate, 1.75 cups 40% cream, nothing else.
>
> Oh and LOTS of stirring and heat to melt everything!!
>
> http://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/...53024785_o.jpg
>
> John Kuthe...

Hell yes, I'm on board! I use that between layers of my chocolate cake. Though I will add a teaspoon of vanilla most of the time.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 2, 2015 at 12:22:26 PM UTC-6, Chris Sanburn wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 1, 2015 at 11:22:55 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> > 3lb 11oz chocolate, 1.75 cups 40% cream, nothing else.
> >
> > Oh and LOTS of stirring and heat to melt everything!!
> >
> > http://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/...53024785_o.jpg
> >
> > John Kuthe...

> Hell yes, I'm on board! I use that between layers of my chocolate cake. Though I will add a teaspoon of vanilla most of the time.

I was gonna make mocha by adding instant espresso to the boiling cream. Works really well! I'd love to experiment with cannabis oil!! I may move to Portland OR and try to get into that in retirement!:-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 2, 2015 at 11:52:43 AM UTC-6, graham wrote:
> On 02/12/2015 7:53 AM, John Kuthe wrote:

> >> Chopped liver anyone?
> >> :-)
> >> Graham
> >>
> >> --

> > Far more delicious than chopped liver!! It' CHOCOLATE!! YUM!! Perhaps the best way to eat chocolate too! And so easy to make!
> >
> > John Kuthe...
> >

> Agreed! It's just that in your photo, it looked like a bloody great
> piece of liver.
> Graham
>
> --

Sometimes pics of food looks gross!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John UNKuthe wrote:

> 3lb 11oz chocolate, 1.75 cups 40% cream, nothing else.
>
> Oh and LOTS of stirring and heat to melt everything!!
>
> http://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/...53024785_o.jpg

Ugh...looks like a bowel movement...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gregory Morrow wrote:
> John UNKuthe wrote:
>
>> 3lb 11oz chocolate, 1.75 cups 40% cream, nothing else.
>>
>> Oh and LOTS of stirring and heat to melt everything!!
>>
>> http://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/...53024785_o.jpg
>>

> Ugh...looks like a bowel movement...

Lol, City Slickers..."Hell I crap bigger than you!"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gregory Morrow wrote:
>John UNKuthe wrote:
>
>> 3lb 11oz chocolate, 1.75 cups 40% cream, nothing else.
>>
>> Oh and LOTS of stirring and heat to melt everything!!
>>
>> http://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/...53024785_o.jpg

>Ugh...looks like a bowel movement...

Looks like a bowel movement quartet... a major Febreeze moment.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 2, 2015 at 6:50:42 PM UTC-6, Gregory Morrow wrote:
> John UNKuthe wrote:
>
> > 3lb 11oz chocolate, 1.75 cups 40% cream, nothing else.
> >
> > Oh and LOTS of stirring and heat to melt everything!!
> >
> > http://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/...53024785_o.jpg
> >

> Ugh...looks like a bowel movement...
>

> --
> Best
> Greg

It does, doesn't it? A big messy one!

Tastes better than it looks. I did quality control on one, OMG!!! :-)

John Kuthe....
John Kuthe
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 2, 2015 at 8:13:00 PM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Gregory Morrow wrote:
> >John UNKuthe wrote:
> >
> >> 3lb 11oz chocolate, 1.75 cups 40% cream, nothing else.
> >>
> >> Oh and LOTS of stirring and heat to melt everything!!
> >>
> >> http://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/...53024785_o.jpg

> >Ugh...looks like a bowel movement...

> Looks like a bowel movement quartet... a major Febreeze moment.

Only ShelDUM would make art out of poop!

John Kuthe....
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
>Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> Gregory Morrow wrote:

>> >Ugh...looks like a bowel movement...

>> Looks like a bowel movement quartet... a major Febreeze moment.

>Only ShelDUM would make art out of poop!

So what have you planned for that heap?

I'd do bark, or chawklit covered ****tachio halavah bonbons.

Halavah

1 can sesame tahani
2 egg whites beat into stiff peaks
1 cup sliced almonds or unsalted pistachios

2 cups sugar
1 cup water
1/4 teaspoon vanilla crystals or 2 tsp vanilla

Boil syrup ingredients until very thick, about 15 to 20 minutes
(hard ball stage). Cool slightly before using. With an electric
mixer, beat sesame tahini until smooth and creamy and the oil is
completely absorbed. Gently fold in egg whites. Mixture will get
stiff and pull away from bowl.

Slowly add 3/4 cup syrup. Fold in the nuts, then stir in the
remaining cup of syrup a little at a time. Tranfer mixture to a
loaf pan. Cover and refrigerate for 3 days before unmolding. Will
keep for 6 months in refrigerator.
~~~~
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 2, 2015 at 8:13:00 PM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> Gregory Morrow wrote:

>>> Ugh...looks like a bowel movement...

>> Looks like a bowel movement quartet... a major Febreeze moment.

> Only ShelDUM would make art out of poop!
>
> John Kuthe....

Well...they say life is a shit sammich....
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 2, 2015 at 8:56:50 PM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:
> >Brooklyn1 wrote:

> >> Looks like a bowel movement quartet... a major Febreeze moment.

> >Only ShelDUM would make art out of poop!

> So what have you planned for that heap?
>
> I'd do bark, or chawklit covered ****tachio halavah bonbons.
>
> Halavah
>
> 1 can sesame tahani
> 2 egg whites beat into stiff peaks
> 1 cup sliced almonds or unsalted pistachios
>
> 2 cups sugar
> 1 cup water
> 1/4 teaspoon vanilla crystals or 2 tsp vanilla
>
> Boil syrup ingredients until very thick, about 15 to 20 minutes
> (hard ball stage). Cool slightly before using. With an electric
> mixer, beat sesame tahini until smooth and creamy and the oil is
> completely absorbed. Gently fold in egg whites. Mixture will get
> stiff and pull away from bowl.
>
> Slowly add 3/4 cup syrup. Fold in the nuts, then stir in the
> remaining cup of syrup a little at a time. Tranfer mixture to a
> loaf pan. Cover and refrigerate for 3 days before unmolding. Will
> keep for 6 months in refrigerator.
> ~~~~

I made Chocolate Truffles!

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...61567851_o.jpg

They came out PERFECT!!

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...06805576_o.jpg

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:

>I made Chocolate Truffles!
>https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...61567851_o.jpg
>They came out PERFECT!!
>https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...06805576_o.jpg

They look good, with what are they filled/flavored?
They'd be good filled with halvah.
I see you have a fish bowl sized goblet of Mogen David Concord.
Now if you can work on your sucky photography.
http://www.haitogloubros.com/en/reci...a_truffles.htm
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 3, 2015 at 7:53:04 AM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:
> >
> >I made Chocolate Truffles!
> >https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...61567851_o.jpg
> >They came out PERFECT!!
> >https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...06805576_o.jpg

> They look good, with what are they filled/flavored?
> They'd be good filled with halvah.
> I see you have a fish bowl sized goblet of Mogen David Concord.
> Now if you can work on your sucky photography.
> http://www.haitogloubros.com/en/reci...a_truffles.htm

They are filled/flavored with Chocolate. Plain, simple and delicious!

I am not doing photography, I am taking pics with an Android HTC Desire 610 "cell phone I found! Makes a pretty mice digital camera! I needed a new digital camera, and one found me! Yay! :-)

And that's my big assed wine glass I bought about 5 years ago at Mount Pleasant winery here in MO. The "N" on it is for "Norton", a Missouri native I think grape/wine varietal which is a deep rich red. I have a Cabernet Sauvignon I bought online, I keep about a case or so onhand, and use it mostly as cooking wine, but like to drink a glass every time I open a new bottle for cooking. Which I did recently.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:

> And that's my big assed wine glass I bought about 5 years ago at Mount Pleasant winery here in MO. The "N" on it is for "Norton", a Missouri native I think grape/wine varietal which is a deep rich red. I have a Cabernet Sauvignon I bought online, I keep about a case or so onhand, and use it mostly as cooking wine,

Old joke: I like to cook with wine too. Occasionally, I'll even add
some to the dish.

Question for you, John. Seems that you molded them into rounds by hand
as they were cold. How do you get them to turn out so smooth when they
are finished. Sit at room temp to smooth or do you heat them up until
they smooth out?

I'll never be making candy but I'm interested in your projects. You
should extend this "seasonal hobby" and maybe try to switch in to the
candy business. You like it so it won't be so much like work.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 3, 2015 at 10:20:50 AM UTC-6, Gary wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:
> >
> > And that's my big assed wine glass I bought about 5 years ago at Mount Pleasant winery here in MO. The "N" on it is for "Norton", a Missouri native I think grape/wine varietal which is a deep rich red. I have a Cabernet Sauvignon I bought online, I keep about a case or so onhand, and use it mostly as cooking wine,

> Old joke: I like to cook with wine too. Occasionally, I'll even add
> some to the dish.
>
> Question for you, John. Seems that you molded them into rounds by hand
> as they were cold. How do you get them to turn out so smooth when they
> are finished. Sit at room temp to smooth or do you heat them up until
> they smooth out?

The consistency of the ganache has a lot to do with the workability of it. I screwed that up[ with the first batch I made, and nailed it exactly on this second batch of Chocolate Truffles. 3lbs 11oz of chopped dark chocolate and 1.75 cups of cream, the perfect mix! I bring the cream up to a frothy boil then dump in the chocolate, turn off the heat and stir stir stir. Sometimes another application of heat helps get ALL the chocolate melted into the ganache, which I did on this batch. Then I line a shallow baking dish, lined with plastic wrap,taping ut up around the edges with Scotch Tape.

I then pour the ganache into the slallow plastic wrap lined pan, spread out evenly and cover it with another sheet of plastic wrap, then I set it out on my rear non-climate controlled screen room off the kitchen (BIG refrigerator!) over night to get the ganache to set up. Then I bought it inside the next morning to warm to room temp for working/dipping. The ganache was like chocolate modeling clay, perfect!! I cut it into strips then individual pieces and shape each piece into a ball, rolling it between my palms! Plop, and into the dipping chocolate for enrobing!! And the key is: shake the excess dipping chocolate OFF before dropping into a sheet of waxed paper! You don't want a puddle of chocolate resulting around each piece after dipping.. Takes forever! OK, hours!

> I'll never be making candy but I'm interested in your projects. You
> should extend this "seasonal hobby" and maybe try to switch in to the
> candy business. You like it so it won't be so much like work.

I may after I retire! Thinking about moving to Portland OR where my nephew moved to and has been living for 10 years now. Plus, cannabis is LEGAL there, so I could experiment with adding cannabis oil to my ganache and make Majic Candy! :-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 3, 2015 at 9:55:42 AM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Thursday, December 3, 2015 at 7:53:04 AM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> > John Kuthe wrote:
> > >
> > >I made Chocolate Truffles!
> > >https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...61567851_o.jpg
> > >They came out PERFECT!!
> > >https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...06805576_o.jpg

> > They look good, with what are they filled/flavored?
> > They'd be good filled with halvah.
> > I see you have a fish bowl sized goblet of Mogen David Concord.
> > Now if you can work on your sucky photography.
> > http://www.haitogloubros.com/en/reci...a_truffles.htm

> They are filled/flavored with Chocolate. Plain, simple and delicious!
>
> I am not doing photography, I am taking pics with an Android HTC Desire 610 "cell phone I found! Makes a pretty mice digital camera! I needed a new digital camera, and one found me! Yay! :-)
>
> And that's my big assed wine glass I bought about 5 years ago at Mount Pleasant winery here in MO. The "N" on it is for "Norton", a Missouri native I think grape/wine varietal which is a deep rich red. I have a Cabernet Sauvignon I bought online, I keep about a case or so onhand, and use it mostly as cooking wine, but like to drink a glass every time I open a new bottle for cooking. Which I did recently.
>
> John Kuthe...

That's kind of boring. I like chocolate, but not a big ole' turd ball of it..

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 3, 2015 at 3:04:27 PM UTC-6, wrote:
> That's kind of boring. I like chocolate, but not a big ole' turd ball of it.

Well, everyone has their preferences. But I think a good ganche is one of the best ways to eat chocolate! YUM!!

John Kuthe...

Just made another mint chocolate ganache John Kuthe[_3_] General Cooking 15 16-12-2015 08:00 PM
chocolate ganache laineliz Baking 0 13-04-2009 02:29 PM
Lemon Cream Chocolate Ganache Cake Charles Recipes (moderated) 0 18-10-2007 02:34 AM
Ganache using 99% dark chocolate Dee Randall Chocolate 10 09-02-2005 10:18 AM
What chocolate for truffles/ganache/chocolate sauce Dee Randall Chocolate 8 22-12-2004 01:54 AM