Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chicken Breasts

Not my most favourite chicken part but I do need to use them. I always cut
up whole chickens and use the rest first. I am getting quite a collection in
the freezer)

Please will you share your favourite recipes for Chicken breasts?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, November 16, 2015 at 8:57:07 PM UTC+10, Ophelia wrote:
> Not my most favourite chicken part but I do need to use them. I always cut
> up whole chickens and use the rest first. I am getting quite a collection in
> the freezer)
>
> Please will you share your favourite recipes for Chicken breasts?

I'll usually slice or dice, and do Chinese-stirfry or Indian curry. Or cut into large chunks and stew with olives, garlic, tomato (maybe mushrooms). Or steam and then shred or chunk and make chicken salad. Or stew with capsicum/sweet pepper, tomato, and okra. They work well where you want mild-flavoured lean meat in a robust sauce.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Timo" > wrote in message
> On Monday, November 16, 2015 at 8:57:07 PM UTC+10, Ophelia wrote:
>> Not my most favourite chicken part but I do need to use them. I always
>> cut
>> up whole chickens and use the rest first. I am getting quite a collection
>> in
>> the freezer)
>>
>> Please will you share your favourite recipes for Chicken breasts?

> I'll usually slice or dice, and do Chinese-stirfry or Indian curry. Or cut
> into large chunks and stew with olives, garlic, tomato (maybe mushrooms).
> Or steam and then shred or chunk and make chicken salad. Or stew with
> capsicum/sweet pepper, tomato, and okra. They work well where you want
> mild-flavoured lean meat in a robust sauce.

All good Thanks, Timo!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> Not my most favourite chicken part but I do need to use them. I always
> cut up whole chickens and use the rest first. I am getting quite a
> collection in the freezer)
>
> Please will you share your favourite recipes for Chicken breasts?

No recipe. This household just likes them plain. A little Montreal chicken
seasoning on both sides. Cooked in a skillet or grill pan with a little
olive oil.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/16/2015 5:56 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> Not my most favourite chicken part but I do need to use them. I always
> cut up whole chickens and use the rest first. I am getting quite a
> collection in the freezer)
>
> Please will you share your favourite recipes for Chicken breasts?

Chicken piccata.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/g...a-recipe2.html

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Nov 2015 04:36:50 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>> Please will you share your favourite recipes for Chicken breasts?

>No recipe. This household just likes them plain. A little Montreal chicken
>seasoning on both sides. Cooked in a skillet or grill pan with a little
>olive oil.

My favorite too. I like to slather them with olive oil and seasoning
then cook on the griddle. I find that setting a weight (grill press)
on the meat helps it cook faster and more evenly while keeping it from
drying out. This is especially true if the cut is very large or thick.
(It also helps keep spattering under control.)

By chance I'm going to be doing the very same thing tonight with
drumstick+thigh combos.

--
Bob
A shack on Sungoo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

>Not my most favourite chicken part but I do need to use them. I always cut
>up whole chickens and use the rest first. I am getting quite a collection in
>the freezer)
>
>Please will you share your favourite recipes for Chicken breasts?

I prefer this with wide egg noodles rather than pasta, and I add
sliced pimento stuffed olives... I would double this recipe, it's so
good I can eat it for several days:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/g...ni-recipe.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> Not my most favourite chicken part but I do need to use them. I always cut
> up whole chickens and use the rest first. I am getting quite a collection in
> the freezer)
>
> Please will you share your favourite recipes for Chicken breasts?

Like you probably, I like the dark meat when eating chicken fairly
plain.

The breast meat is very mild tasting but very tasty too if cooked just
right. Just a little bit overdone and it dries out quickly.

I use it plain with a bit of salt. Using a microwave only about a
minute at at time and checking it will ensure you catch it just as the
pink in the middle is gone. At that point, it's very juicy, tender,
and flavorful.

Other than that:
- good for chicken sandwiches
- good in any chinese stirfry

Also, as the flavor is so mild, it works well to add to any recipe.
Google "recipe chicken" and choose from any of the 10 million+
recipes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> Ophelia wrote:
> > Please will you share your favourite recipes for Chicken breasts?
> >

> Chicken piccata.
> http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/g...a-recipe2.html

Sounds good and could also be turned into sandwiches.
I notice that recipe calls for 1/2 cup chicken stock.
Would that be homemade or canned?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "Ophelia" wrote:
> > Please will you share your favourite recipes for Chicken breasts?

> No recipe. This household just likes them plain. A little Montreal chicken
> seasoning on both sides. Cooked in a skillet or grill pan with a little
> olive oil.

That's not "plain," Julie. You're adding olive oil taste plus that
Montreal seasoning.

I microwave a PLAIN one just until done. Very nice subtle flavor. Try
it sometime. Add some salt is better, but even then it's a bit past
plain.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> Not my most favourite chicken part but I do need to use them. I always
>> cut
>> up whole chickens and use the rest first. I am getting quite a collection
>> in
>> the freezer)
>>
>> Please will you share your favourite recipes for Chicken breasts?

> Like you probably, I like the dark meat when eating chicken fairly
> plain.
>
> The breast meat is very mild tasting but very tasty too if cooked just
> right. Just a little bit overdone and it dries out quickly.
>
> I use it plain with a bit of salt. Using a microwave only about a
> minute at at time and checking it will ensure you catch it just as the
> pink in the middle is gone. At that point, it's very juicy, tender,
> and flavorful.
>
> Other than that:
> - good for chicken sandwiches
> - good in any chinese stirfry
>
> Also, as the flavor is so mild, it works well to add to any recipe.
> Google "recipe chicken" and choose from any of the 10 million+
> recipes.

Yes, that was a few nice recipes from here so thank you.

Of course I can search but you should know by now, I prefer recommendation
from posters here

As it happened, D actually asked me for soup!! We both have nasty colds and
that is what he wanted Unusual for him to make a request so I was
pleased)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Nov 2015 09:28:03 -0500, Gary > wrote:

> jmcquown wrote:
> >
> > Ophelia wrote:
> > > Please will you share your favourite recipes for Chicken breasts?
> > >

> > Chicken piccata.
> > http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/g...a-recipe2.html

> Sounds good and could also be turned into sandwiches.
> I notice that recipe calls for 1/2 cup chicken stock.
> Would that be homemade or canned?

It's your choice and that's why it's not specified. You'd put off
using the recipe until you had home made. The rest of us would open a
box or can.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 16/11/2015 3:56 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> Not my most favourite chicken part but I do need to use them. I always
> cut up whole chickens and use the rest first. I am getting quite a
> collection in the freezer)
>
> Please will you share your favourite recipes for Chicken breasts?

I have a French recipe somewhere that poaches a whole chicken in stock
and white wine (about 2/3 covered) with tarragon sprigs in the liquid
and in the chicken.
When the chicken is done, it is removed and kept warm while the stock is
boiled down and then thickened with cream.
This could easily be adapted for breasts.
Graham

--
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play.
It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness,
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"graham" > wrote in message
> On 16/11/2015 3:56 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>> Not my most favourite chicken part but I do need to use them. I always
>> cut up whole chickens and use the rest first. I am getting quite a
>> collection in the freezer)
>>
>> Please will you share your favourite recipes for Chicken breasts?
>>

> I have a French recipe somewhere that poaches a whole chicken in stock and
> white wine (about 2/3 covered) with tarragon sprigs in the liquid and in
> the chicken.
> When the chicken is done, it is removed and kept warm while the stock is
> boiled down and then thickened with cream.
> This could easily be adapted for breasts.
> Graham

That sounds good! Thanks

I just discovered Chicken Paillard. Have you tried that?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> Gary wrote:
> > Sounds good and could also be turned into sandwiches.
> > I notice that recipe calls for 1/2 cup chicken stock.
> > Would that be homemade or canned?

> It's your choice and that's why it's not specified. You'd put off
> using the recipe until you had home made. The rest of us would open a
> box or can.

And my version would be tastier.
Be careful what you say, you were another of my "targets" ;-D

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, November 16, 2015 at 6:37:00 AM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
> >
> > Please will you share your favourite recipes for Chicken breasts?

> No recipe. This household just likes them plain. A little Montreal chicken
> seasoning on both sides. Cooked in a skillet or grill pan with a little
> olive oil.

People will gasp in horror but I found out diced chicken
breasts thrown into the skillet with the dry ingredients
of 'chicken' Rice-a-Roni quite tasty. Brown the pieces
with the rice and vermicelli before adding the seasoning
packet and water; chicken looks and tastes better with a
bit of browning. It adds protein to the
dish and it's more filling than just the plain dish.

I've used this 'recipe' more than once and took it to
work with me when on the night shift.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:
> Not my most favourite chicken part but I do need to use them. I always cut
> up whole chickens and use the rest first. I am getting quite a collection in
> the freezer)
>
> Please will you share your favourite recipes for Chicken breasts?

my first inclination would be to make cutlets, bread em and fry em

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/16/2015 9:28 AM, Gary wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> Ophelia wrote:
>>> Please will you share your favourite recipes for Chicken breasts?
>>>

>> Chicken piccata.
>> http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/g...a-recipe2.html

> Sounds good and could also be turned into sandwiches.
> I notice that recipe calls for 1/2 cup chicken stock.
> Would that be homemade or canned?

Oh shut up about chicken broth. I use whatever I have on hand. More
important to this dish is the lemons and capers to make it true piccata.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"tert in seattle" > wrote in message
> Ophelia wrote:
>> Not my most favourite chicken part but I do need to use them. I always
>> cut
>> up whole chickens and use the rest first. I am getting quite a collection
>> in
>> the freezer)
>>
>> Please will you share your favourite recipes for Chicken breasts?

> my first inclination would be to make cutlets, bread em and fry em

Oh yes That is a favourite here

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/16/2015 11:00 AM, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Nov 2015 09:28:03 -0500, Gary > wrote:
>
>> jmcquown wrote:

>>> Chicken piccata.
>>> http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/g...a-recipe2.html

>> Sounds good and could also be turned into sandwiches.
>> I notice that recipe calls for 1/2 cup chicken stock.
>> Would that be homemade or canned?

> It's your choice and that's why it's not specified. You'd put off
> using the recipe until you had home made. The rest of us would open a
> box or can.

I don't actually need a recipe for chicken piccata (or anything
piccata). I merely provided the link (which Ophelia likely won't bother
to look up) as a guide. Canned, boxed, homemade. Yikes, who cares when
it comes to 1/2 a cup of something that will be simmered down to
nothing? It's the lemons and capers that make piccata.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/16/2015 6:46 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 11/16/2015 5:56 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>> Not my most favourite chicken part but I do need to use them. I always
>> cut up whole chickens and use the rest first. I am getting quite a
>> collection in the freezer)
>>
>> Please will you share your favourite recipes for Chicken breasts?
>>

> Chicken piccata.
>
> http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/g...a-recipe2.html
>

> Jill

Chicken piccata was one of my mother's favorite meals. She always
ordered it when we ate at a certain restaurant. The chicken piccata
they served had lemons (of course) and also peaches.

MaryL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 16/11/2015 9:26 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "graham" > wrote in message
>> On 16/11/2015 3:56 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>> Not my most favourite chicken part but I do need to use them. I always
>>> cut up whole chickens and use the rest first. I am getting quite a
>>> collection in the freezer)
>>>
>>> Please will you share your favourite recipes for Chicken breasts?
>>>

>> I have a French recipe somewhere that poaches a whole chicken in stock
>> and white wine (about 2/3 covered) with tarragon sprigs in the liquid
>> and in the chicken.
>> When the chicken is done, it is removed and kept warm while the stock
>> is boiled down and then thickened with cream.
>> This could easily be adapted for breasts.
>> Graham

> That sounds good! Thanks
>
> I just discovered Chicken Paillard. Have you tried that?

No. Ideal method for grilling chicken, I would imagine.
Graham

--
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play.
It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness,
disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in
witnessing violence." George Orwell
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"graham" > wrote in message
> On 16/11/2015 9:26 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> I have a French recipe somewhere that poaches a whole chicken in stock
>>> and white wine (about 2/3 covered) with tarragon sprigs in the liquid
>>> and in the chicken.
>>> When the chicken is done, it is removed and kept warm while the stock
>>> is boiled down and then thickened with cream.
>>> This could easily be adapted for breasts.
>>> Graham

>> That sounds good! Thanks
>>
>> I just discovered Chicken Paillard. Have you tried that?
>>

> No. Ideal method for grilling chicken, I would imagine.
> Graham

Good guess but no. Chicken breast pounded flat, well seasoned on both sides
and cooked fast in a skillet. One recipe had them rolled up)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia > wrote:
> Not my most favourite chicken part but I do need to use them. I always cut
> up whole chickens and use the rest first. I am getting quite a collection in
> the freezer)
>
> Please will you share your favourite recipes for Chicken breasts?

Soup! It's my favorite use for chicken breasts. I also like making
chicken Parmesan and chicken Marsala with them. Or stir fry or Indian, but
I know you don't like that much. Sometimes I slice them thin, sauté with
some Greek herbs and seasonings and thin slices of lemons, which I serve in
pita pockets with tzatziki.

--
jinx the minx
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Monday, November 16, 2015 at 6:37:00 AM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > Please will you share your favourite recipes for Chicken breasts?

>> No recipe. This household just likes them plain. A little Montreal
>> chicken
>> seasoning on both sides. Cooked in a skillet or grill pan with a little
>> olive oil.
>>

> People will gasp in horror but I found out diced chicken
> breasts thrown into the skillet with the dry ingredients
> of 'chicken' Rice-a-Roni quite tasty. Brown the pieces
> with the rice and vermicelli before adding the seasoning
> packet and water; chicken looks and tastes better with a
> bit of browning. It adds protein to the
> dish and it's more filling than just the plain dish.
>
> I've used this 'recipe' more than once and took it to
> work with me when on the night shift.

Dh loves Rice-a-Roni and I have done that too.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, November 16, 2015 at 7:53:00 AM UTC-8, Ophelia wrote:
> "Gary" > wrote in message ...
> > Ophelia wrote:
> >>
> >> Not my most favourite chicken part but I do need to use them. I always
> >> cut
> >> up whole chickens and use the rest first. I am getting quite a collection
> >> in
> >> the freezer)
> >>
> >> Please will you share your favourite recipes for Chicken breasts?

> > Like you probably, I like the dark meat when eating chicken fairly
> > plain.
> >
> > The breast meat is very mild tasting but very tasty too if cooked just
> > right. Just a little bit overdone and it dries out quickly.
> >
> > I use it plain with a bit of salt. Using a microwave only about a
> > minute at at time and checking it will ensure you catch it just as the
> > pink in the middle is gone. At that point, it's very juicy, tender,
> > and flavorful.
> >
> > Other than that:
> > - good for chicken sandwiches
> > - good in any chinese stirfry
> >
> > Also, as the flavor is so mild, it works well to add to any recipe.
> > Google "recipe chicken" and choose from any of the 10 million+
> > recipes.

> Yes, that was a few nice recipes from here so thank you.
>
> Of course I can search but you should know by now, I prefer recommendation
> from posters here
>
> As it happened, D actually asked me for soup!! We both have nasty colds and
> that is what he wanted Unusual for him to make a request so I was
> pleased)

Like you, we end up with a surplus of chicken breasts, from buying
whole chickens on sale, cutting them up, and freezing them.

As I cut them up, I will throw the trimmings in the crockpot, add water,
a little salt, some peppercorns, a half-onion with some cloves stuck in it
and a bayleaf. I may let this simmer for 24 hours. (Typically trimmings
from three chickens.) This makes a nice thick stock, which forms fat caps.

Then, when I want to make soup, I make sure I have carrots, celery, and
parsley, as well as dried egg noodles.
I slice and chop the chicken breast into bite size pieces and chop
an onion. Then I saute the onion and brown the chicken breast in its
own fat. I add a quart of the stock and a can of commercial broth
(this adds salt and rounds out the chicken flavor), along with
some poultry seasoning.
When it comes to a boil, I add carrots, sliced. Three minutes later,
I add celery, sliced, plus the frozen beans (these are in pieces maybe
a half inch long). Three minutes after that, I add the bunch of parsley,
which I cut over the pot with scissors. A minute or so later, I serve
the soup. (In the background I have been making the noodles.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/16/2015 02:56 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> Not my most favourite chicken part but I do need to use them. I always
> cut up whole chickens and use the rest first. I am getting quite a
> collection in the freezer)
>
> Please will you share your favourite recipes for Chicken breasts?

I like to make Chicken Milanese with them. Slice into thin cutlets,
across the grain, pound very thin with a meat mallet, bread and fry.
Serve topped with salad greens with wedges of fresh lemon or lime to
season the salad. Or make a sandwich with them using some mild cheese,
lettuce and tomato. It's perfectly OK for the sides of the cooked meat
to hang out beyond the bread or bun.

Although similar to Schnitzel, I first had this at a Mexican restaurant.
The name refers to a city in Italy. Go figure. :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Nov 2015 10:56:52 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

> Not my most favourite chicken part but I do need to use them. I always cut
> up whole chickens and use the rest first. I am getting quite a collection in
> the freezer)
>
> Please will you share your favourite recipes for Chicken breasts?

Not my favorite chicken part either.

My #1 favorite for the dreaded breast = piccata, but Jill has already
suggested that. Did you know that you can use the same sauce with
fish? Either way, it's delicious. Another good use is Roman Chicken.

I use Giada's recipe (but don't look at it anymore, so the recipe has
been personalized) which I serve with soft polenta.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/g...en-recipe.html

Here are few more suggestions

Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Spinach and Ricotta
http://www.marthastewart.com/314993/...th-spinach-and

Lightened Chicken and Eggplant Parmesan (I used the basics of chicken,
eggplant, tomato and cheese as inspiration and constructed it my way)
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/f...ipe/index.html

Pesto Chicken Florentine (I made my own Alfredo sauce - used less
pasta, more spinach and chicken)
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pesto-C...e=4&ismetric=0

Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Breast with Mashed Cauliflower
http://www.thedailymeal.com/recipes/...iflower-recipe

Greek Style Garlic Chicken Breast
4 servings

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 lemon, juiced
2 teaspoons crushed and finely chopped garlic
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ teaspoons black pepper
1/3 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon oregano (Greek, if you can find it)

In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt,
pepper, and paprika for about 30 seconds. Place chicken in a large
bowl, and pour marinade over coating well. Cover, and refrigerate
overnight.

Preheat grill for medium heat, and lightly oil grate.

Cook chicken on grill until meat is no longer pink and juices run
clear.

````````````````````
Saute of Chicken Breasts with Coconut Milk and Herbs
2 servings

Ingredients

* 2 boneless; skinless chicken breasts
* salt
* 1 T Asian sesame oil (it's red and tastes like sesame)
* half a lime or lemon; remove seeds
* 1/3 C coconut milk or creamer
* 1 sm scallion (green onion);
* 1/4 C chopped cilantro (fresh coriander)
* dried red pepper flakes (optional)

Instructions

Between sheets of plastic wrap pound the thicker side of the breast to
make it overall more even in thickness and season lightly with salt.
Heat the sesame oil in a skillet over moderate heat. Add the chicken
breasts and tenderloins. Saute the chicken without disturbing the
pieces for 4 to 5 minutes. You'll know to turn the chicken over when
the top looks opaque (tenderloins may take only 2 to 3 minutes per
side). Turn the chicken over to the other side and saute, undisturbed
again for another 4 to 5 minutes or until the interior is cooked
through. Remove the chicken to a plate and discard the fat from the
skillet.

Squeeze the juice from the lime into the skillet and scrape up any
coagulated juices into the juice; add the coconut milk, bring it to a
simmer.

Remove the skillet from the heat and whisk in the scallions and
cilantro; season to taste with salt and dried red pepper flakes

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Nov 2015 11:42:07 -0500, Gary > wrote:

> sf wrote:
> >
> > Gary wrote:
> > > Sounds good and could also be turned into sandwiches.
> > > I notice that recipe calls for 1/2 cup chicken stock.
> > > Would that be homemade or canned?

> > It's your choice and that's why it's not specified. You'd put off
> > using the recipe until you had home made. The rest of us would open a
> > box or can.

> And my version would be tastier.
> Be careful what you say, you were another of my "targets" ;-D

That's exactly why I replied in the manner I did.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Nov 2015 12:49:45 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

> On 11/16/2015 11:00 AM, sf wrote:

> >> Sounds good and could also be turned into sandwiches.
> >> I notice that recipe calls for 1/2 cup chicken stock.
> >> Would that be homemade or canned?

> > It's your choice and that's why it's not specified. You'd put off
> > using the recipe until you had home made. The rest of us would open a
> > box or can.
> >

> I don't actually need a recipe for chicken piccata (or anything
> piccata). I merely provided the link (which Ophelia likely won't bother
> to look up) as a guide. Canned, boxed, homemade. Yikes, who cares when
> it comes to 1/2 a cup of something that will be simmered down to
> nothing? It's the lemons and capers that make piccata.

I don't use chicken broth either, but it's a good alternative for
those whose homes are wine free.

--

sf

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Nov 2015 12:42:46 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

> On 11/16/2015 9:28 AM, Gary wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote:

> >> Chicken piccata.
> >> http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/g...a-recipe2.html

> > Sounds good and could also be turned into sandwiches.
> > I notice that recipe calls for 1/2 cup chicken stock.
> > Would that be homemade or canned?
> >

> Oh shut up about chicken broth. I use whatever I have on hand. More
> important to this dish is the lemons and capers to make it true piccata.

As you said in a different post: it's not even necessary.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Monday, November 16, 2015 at 7:53:00 AM UTC-8, Ophelia wrote:

>> > Like you probably, I like the dark meat when eating chicken fairly
>> > plain.
>> >
>> > The breast meat is very mild tasting but very tasty too if cooked just
>> > right. Just a little bit overdone and it dries out quickly.
>> >
>> > I use it plain with a bit of salt. Using a microwave only about a
>> > minute at at time and checking it will ensure you catch it just as the
>> > pink in the middle is gone. At that point, it's very juicy, tender,
>> > and flavorful.
>> >
>> > Other than that:
>> > - good for chicken sandwiches
>> > - good in any chinese stirfry
>> >
>> > Also, as the flavor is so mild, it works well to add to any recipe.
>> > Google "recipe chicken" and choose from any of the 10 million+
>> > recipes.

>> Yes, that was a few nice recipes from here so thank you.
>>
>> Of course I can search but you should know by now, I prefer
>> recommendation
>> from posters here
>>
>> As it happened, D actually asked me for soup!! We both have nasty colds
>> and
>> that is what he wanted Unusual for him to make a request so I was
>> pleased)
>>

> Like you, we end up with a surplus of chicken breasts, from buying
> whole chickens on sale, cutting them up, and freezing them.

Yes. I prefer dark meat so it is good to see what others do with their
breasts

> As I cut them up, I will throw the trimmings in the crockpot, add water,
> a little salt, some peppercorns, a half-onion with some cloves stuck in it
> and a bayleaf. I may let this simmer for 24 hours. (Typically trimmings
> from three chickens.) This makes a nice thick stock, which forms fat caps.

Hey that is just what I do) I simmer though for 12 hours. The aroma in
the house is heavenly, yes??? )

> Then, when I want to make soup, I make sure I have carrots, celery, and
> parsley, as well as dried egg noodles.

D's favourite is chicken, mushrooms, diced carrots and peas! That is what
we had today and I enjoyed it too I will have to give some thought to
noodles next time. I think he would like that!

> I slice and chop the chicken breast into bite size pieces and chop
> an onion. Then I saute the onion and brown the chicken breast in its
> own fat. I add a quart of the stock and a can of commercial broth
> (this adds salt and rounds out the chicken flavor), along with
> some poultry seasoning.
> When it comes to a boil, I add carrots, sliced. Three minutes later,
> I add celery, sliced, plus the frozen beans (these are in pieces maybe
> a half inch long). Three minutes after that, I add the bunch of parsley,
> which I cut over the pot with scissors. A minute or so later, I serve
> the soup. (In the background I have been making the noodles.

Thanks for that) It seems that we have similar tastes)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Whirled Peas" > wrote in message
> On 11/16/2015 02:56 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>> Not my most favourite chicken part but I do need to use them. I always
>> cut up whole chickens and use the rest first. I am getting quite a
>> collection in the freezer)
>>
>> Please will you share your favourite recipes for Chicken breasts?
>>

> I like to make Chicken Milanese with them. Slice into thin cutlets, across
> the grain, pound very thin with a meat mallet, bread and fry. Serve topped
> with salad greens with wedges of fresh lemon or lime to season the salad.
> Or make a sandwich with them using some mild cheese, lettuce and tomato.
> It's perfectly OK for the sides of the cooked meat to hang out beyond the
> bread or bun.

Yes, it sounds like schnitzel but with chicken instead of pork)

> Although similar to Schnitzel, I first had this at a Mexican restaurant.
> The name refers to a city in Italy. Go figure. :-)

LOL it does indeed))

Thanks))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/16/2015 3:05 PM, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Nov 2015 10:56:52 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
>> Not my most favourite chicken part but I do need to use them. I always cut
>> up whole chickens and use the rest first. I am getting quite a collection in
>> the freezer)
>>
>> Please will you share your favourite recipes for Chicken breasts?

> Not my favorite chicken part either.
>
> My #1 favorite for the dreaded breast = piccata, but Jill has already
> suggested that. Did you know that you can use the same sauce with
> fish?

Sole piccata is one of my favourite things. Too bad sole is so terribly
expensive these days.

Jill

> [...]
> Heat the sesame oil in a skillet over moderate heat. Add the chicken
> breasts and tenderloins. Saute the chicken without disturbing the
> pieces for 4 to 5 minutes. You'll know to turn the chicken over when
> the top looks opaque (tenderloins may take only 2 to 3 minutes per
> side). Turn the chicken over to the other side and saute, undisturbed
> again for another 4 to 5 minutes or until the interior is cooked
> through. Remove the chicken to a plate and discard the fat from the
> skillet.
>
> Squeeze the juice from the lime into the skillet and scrape up any
> coagulated juices into the juice; add the coconut milk, bring it to a
> simmer.
>
> Remove the skillet from the heat and whisk in the scallions and
> cilantro; season to taste with salt and dried red pepper flakes

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Monday, November 16, 2015 at 2:57:07 AM UTC-8, Ophelia wrote:
> Not my most favourite chicken part but I do need to use them. I always cut
> up whole chickens and use the rest first. I am getting quite a collection in
> the freezer)
>
> Please will you share your favourite recipes for Chicken breasts?

Ophelia, here is my poultry page in my website. There are lots of great recipes for chicken breasts there.

http://www.hizzoners.com/index.php/recipes/poultry

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/16/2015 3:12 PM, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Nov 2015 12:42:46 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:

>>> Sounds good and could also be turned into sandwiches.
>>> I notice that recipe calls for 1/2 cup chicken stock.
>>> Would that be homemade or canned?
>>>

>> Oh shut up about chicken broth. I use whatever I have on hand. More
>> important to this dish is the lemons and capers to make it true piccata.
>>

> As you said in a different post: it's not even necessary.

True. I was merely posting a link as a suggestion and Gary gets all
upset about chicken broth vs. stock. Wow.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Nov 2015 15:26:27 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>On Monday, November 16, 2015 at 2:57:07 AM UTC-8, Ophelia wrote:
>> Not my most favourite chicken part but I do need to use them. I always cut
>> up whole chickens and use the rest first. I am getting quite a collection in
>> the freezer)
>>
>> Please will you share your favourite recipes for Chicken breasts?
>>

>Ophelia, here is my poultry page in my website. There are lots of great recipes for chicken breasts there.
>
>http://www.hizzoners.com/index.php/recipes/poultry

Like the looks of Garlic Encrusted
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Not my most favourite chicken part but I do need to use them. I
> always cut up whole chickens and use the rest first. I am getting
> quite a collection in the freezer)
>
> Please will you share your favourite recipes for Chicken breasts?

LOL, frankly we normally give them to the dogs. Since they also like
dark meat, we get these sad suffering looks until we give them some
slivers of dark meat too.

I do save some of the roasted ones though. Chicken salad doesnt work
right with dark meat (or maybe, too much dark meat, a little is fine).

We are low meat eaters here so a 2.5lb whole chicken will leave
leftovers plus the bones for bone broth. There are 3 adults here.
(Grin, watch Sheldon freak and say and adult needs a 5lb each).

As the price of dark meat is rising and can be more than breast
depending on the cut, we've done some stir frys with breast meat.

Important difference is it can over cook fast, and it's turned into
leather easily if frozen after cooking (even if properly cooked) then
microwaved for a lunch. Tends to taste like sawdust then even if
cooked in a good sauce and loaded with the sauce into a freezer
container for a later lunch.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On 11/16/2015 9:28 AM, Gary wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote:

> > > Chicken piccata.
> > > http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/g...is/chicken-pic
> > > cata-recipe2.html

> > Sounds good and could also be turned into sandwiches.
> > I notice that recipe calls for 1/2 cup chicken stock.
> > Would that be homemade or canned?
> >

> Oh shut up about chicken broth. I use whatever I have on hand. More
> important to this dish is the lemons and capers to make it true
> piccata.
>
> Jill

It's ok Jill. I normally use bone broth but then we make a duck and 2
chickens a month or so and we have a few folks within 3 houses of us
who add extra chicken carcasses when they think of it. Sometimes I run
low and use a powdered or or a Minors brand mix.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Nov 2015 17:45:35 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 11/16/2015 3:05 PM, sf wrote:
>> On Mon, 16 Nov 2015 10:56:52 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Not my most favourite chicken part but I do need to use them. I always cut
>>> up whole chickens and use the rest first. I am getting quite a collection in
>>> the freezer)
>>>
>>> Please will you share your favourite recipes for Chicken breasts?

>> Not my favorite chicken part either.
>>
>> My #1 favorite for the dreaded breast = piccata, but Jill has already
>> suggested that. Did you know that you can use the same sauce with
>> fish?

>Sole piccata is one of my favourite things. Too bad sole is so terribly
>expensive these days.
>
>Jill

There's no dover sole anywhere near the US, what's fished near the US
is really other flat fish, not sole. What US restaurants sell as sole
is really flounder, or young fluke.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sole_(fish)

chicken breasts isw General Cooking 41 31-05-2014 10:17 AM
GRILLED CHICKEN BREASTS Tim Recipes 0 22-08-2005 08:39 PM
Creamed Chicken Breasts Tim Recipes 0 19-08-2005 08:48 AM
Chicken - breasts or otherwise Daisy General Cooking 7 17-04-2004 01:53 PM