Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default It has started{:-(

Starbucks this morning: effing xmas music! I persuaded the manager to
change the mix.
Newspaper flyers: all about effing xmas preparations.
I know some store had xmas goods on display in October but now it's in
yer face everywhere.
Graham
--
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play.
It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness,
Posted to rec.food.cooking

graham > wrote in :

> Starbucks this morning: effing xmas music! I persuaded the manager to
> change the mix.
> Newspaper flyers: all about effing xmas preparations.
> I know some store had xmas goods on display in October but now it's in
> yer face everywhere.
> Graham

In Walmart last Saturday they had a big Xmas tree at the entrance - and I
assume many for sale but didn't look in that area.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"KenK" > wrote in message
> graham > wrote in :
>
>> Starbucks this morning: effing xmas music! I persuaded the manager to
>> change the mix.
>> Newspaper flyers: all about effing xmas preparations.
>> I know some store had xmas goods on display in October but now it's in
>> yer face everywhere.
>> Graham

> In Walmart last Saturday they had a big Xmas tree at the entrance - and I
> assume many for sale but didn't look in that area.

They've had a Christmas tree up at Kohl's since October, I would expect that
the stores have Christmas stuff up in November though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 11:08:08 -0700, graham > wrote:

> Starbucks this morning: effing xmas music! I persuaded the manager to
> change the mix.
> Newspaper flyers: all about effing xmas preparations.
> I know some store had xmas goods on display in October but now it's in
> yer face everywhere.
> Graham

It's mid-November. Last week was fairly Christmas free at a nearby
mall, no blatant xmas decorations anywhere but I imagine their tree is
up by now.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote:
>"KenK"wrote:
>> grahamgrinch wrote:
>>
>>> Starbucks this morning: effing xmas music! I persuaded the manager to
>>> change the mix.
>>> Newspaper flyers: all about effing xmas preparations.
>>> I know some store had xmas goods on display in October but now it's in
>>> yer face everywhere.
>>> Graham

effing Grinch!

>> In Walmart last Saturday they had a big Xmas tree at the entrance - and I
>> assume many for sale but didn't look in that area.

>They've had a Christmas tree up at Kohl's since October, I would expect that
>the stores have Christmas stuff up in November though.

I have my own Christmas trees growing, I have literally thousands, the
last owner at one time (60 years ago) planted lots for sale but then
the market kind of crashed or so I was told so they turned into a
mixed conifer forest, with lots of seedlings sprouting everywhere... I
have Norway spruce 70', 80', 90' tall, many would dwarf the one in
Rockefella Center this year... they are welcome to choose. I planted
several "Fat Alberts" (the ultimate Colorado blue spruce). I have one
in front I used to decorate with lights but is now much too tall for
me to reach even halfway up. This little guy is now about 20' tall:
http://i68.tinypic.com/le8b8.jpg
http://i67.tinypic.com/2nw1yio.jpg
http://www.iselinursery.com/index.ph...fers&Itemid=99

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-11-12 1:08 PM, graham wrote:
> Starbucks this morning: effing xmas music! I persuaded the manager to
> change the mix.
> Newspaper flyers: all about effing xmas preparations.
> I know some store had xmas goods on display in October but now it's in
> yer face everywhere.

I guess they honoured the request to lay off the Christmas stuff until
after Remembrance Day. Having heard and read so many comments about
Christmas marketing pre-empting honouring our war dead, and having
attended two Remembrance Day ceremonies this week, I am left wondering
what happened to all the complainers. Attendance was pretty low.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2015-11-12 18:08:08 +0000, graham said:

> Starbucks this morning: effing xmas music! I persuaded the manager to
> change the mix.

o my god

Last year when I went into restaurants, if they were playing
KennyGChrismas I asked the seater if they could change the music,
because if they could not we would not be able to eat. One did, two
didn't. Of the two who didn't, one apologized profusely. The other
dead-eyed me like a zombie (aka the "It Came From Outer Space" look)
and said impassively "No." We turned and left in silence. Merry Xmas
with the emphasis on the X.

I can't believe I'm going to have to get try to get them on a leash 6-7
weeks. A good time to work on my cooking skills.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 16:02:41 -0800, gtr > wrote:

>On 2015-11-12 18:08:08 +0000, graham said:
>
>> Starbucks this morning: effing xmas music! I persuaded the manager to
>> change the mix.

>o my god
>
>Last year when I went into restaurants, if they were playing
>KennyGChrismas I asked the seater if they could change the music,
>because if they could not we would not be able to eat. One did, two
>didn't. Of the two who didn't, one apologized profusely. The other
>dead-eyed me like a zombie (aka the "It Came From Outer Space" look)
>and said impassively "No." We turned and left in silence. Merry Xmas
>with the emphasis on the X.
>
>I can't believe I'm going to have to get try to get them on a leash 6-7
>weeks. A good time to work on my cooking skills.

You need to develop Mothers Ear. I still have it, left over from when
my three were little, the ability to shut out the noise (aka Xmas
music) without even thinking of it
Posted to rec.food.cooking

RE Starbucks...here is a sample of the brainiacs who work the the
Ellen show DJ is a dancer named tWitch, whose real first name is
Stephen. When he ordered his drink at a Starbucks, he said, "it's
spelled with a 'ph.'" When he got his cup, his name was spelled, Spheven."

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 16:02:41 -0800, gtr > wrote:

> On 2015-11-12 18:08:08 +0000, graham said:
>
> > Starbucks this morning: effing xmas music! I persuaded the manager to
> > change the mix.

> o my god
>
> Last year when I went into restaurants, if they were playing
> KennyGChrismas I asked the seater if they could change the music,
> because if they could not we would not be able to eat. One did, two
> didn't. Of the two who didn't, one apologized profusely. The other
> dead-eyed me like a zombie (aka the "It Came From Outer Space" look)
> and said impassively "No." We turned and left in silence. Merry Xmas
> with the emphasis on the X.
>
> I can't believe I'm going to have to get try to get them on a leash 6-7
> weeks. A good time to work on my cooking skills.

I don't notice music unless it's too loud, so I'm having trouble
thinking of restaurants that play music other than the ones with
jukeboxes on the table. Mall music? That's a different story.

--

sf

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/12/2015 4:35 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

> I have my own Christmas trees growing, I have literally thousands, the
> last owner at one time (60 years ago) planted lots for sale but then
> the market kind of crashed or so I was told so they turned into a
> mixed conifer forest, with lots of seedlings sprouting everywhere... I
> have Norway spruce 70', 80', 90' tall, many would dwarf the one in
> Rockefella Center this year... they are welcome to choose. I planted
> several "Fat Alberts" (the ultimate Colorado blue spruce). I have one
> in front I used to decorate with lights but is now much too tall for
> me to reach even halfway up. This little guy is now about 20' tall:
> http://i68.tinypic.com/le8b8.jpg

How well do they bounce back from being under heavy snow? I used to have
some sort of evergreen shrubs that were up to about 10' or more high but
they didn't do well during the winter and the last winter I had them
they never really regained their shape so I had them taken out. Plus
they were a favorite haunt of the local yellowjackets so I don't really
miss them.

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 16:02:41 -0800, gtr > wrote:
>
>>On 2015-11-12 18:08:08 +0000, graham said:
>>
>>> Starbucks this morning: effing xmas music! I persuaded the manager to
>>> change the mix.

>>o my god
>>
>>Last year when I went into restaurants, if they were playing
>>KennyGChrismas I asked the seater if they could change the music,
>>because if they could not we would not be able to eat. One did, two
>>didn't. Of the two who didn't, one apologized profusely. The other
>>dead-eyed me like a zombie (aka the "It Came From Outer Space" look)
>>and said impassively "No." We turned and left in silence. Merry Xmas
>>with the emphasis on the X.
>>
>>I can't believe I'm going to have to get try to get them on a leash 6-7
>>weeks. A good time to work on my cooking skills.
>>

> You need to develop Mothers Ear. I still have it, left over from when
> my three were little, the ability to shut out the noise (aka Xmas
> music) without even thinking of it

Me too, I only hear the music I want to hear.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 20:06:17 -0500, Cheryl >
wrote:

>On 11/12/2015 4:35 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>
>> I have my own Christmas trees growing, I have literally thousands, the
>> last owner at one time (60 years ago) planted lots for sale but then
>> the market kind of crashed or so I was told so they turned into a
>> mixed conifer forest, with lots of seedlings sprouting everywhere... I
>> have Norway spruce 70', 80', 90' tall, many would dwarf the one in
>> Rockefella Center this year... they are welcome to choose. I planted
>> several "Fat Alberts" (the ultimate Colorado blue spruce). I have one
>> in front I used to decorate with lights but is now much too tall for
>> me to reach even halfway up. This little guy is now about 20' tall:
>> http://i68.tinypic.com/le8b8.jpg

>How well do they bounce back from being under heavy snow? I used to have
>some sort of evergreen shrubs that were up to about 10' or more high but
>they didn't do well during the winter and the last winter I had them
>they never really regained their shape so I had them taken out. Plus
>they were a favorite haunt of the local yellowjackets so I don't really
>miss them.

Conifers do extremely well here, snow/cold doesn't bother them. I'm
in a snow belt, snow falls in feet, and temperatures at night
typically drop to -40F during winter. I don't know where you are but
here in the northern Catskills spruce trees of all kinds do very well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/12/2015 2:02 PM, gtr wrote:
> On 2015-11-12 18:08:08 +0000, graham said:
>
>> Starbucks this morning: effing xmas music! I persuaded the manager to
>> change the mix.

> o my god
>
> Last year when I went into restaurants, if they were playing
> KennyGChrismas I asked the seater if they could change the music,
> because if they could not we would not be able to eat. One did, two
> didn't. Of the two who didn't, one apologized profusely. The other
> dead-eyed me like a zombie (aka the "It Came From Outer Space" look) and
> said impassively "No." We turned and left in silence. Merry Xmas with
> the emphasis on the X.

That was shellfish of you. Some people love Kenny G! Hell, I'd be ****ed
if I was grooving to some music and it got cut off because some guy was
whining about it.

You should do what my friend's neighbor does. He can change the musical
playlist in restaurants in Hawaii and the Mainland on his iPad anywhere
in the world. It's a most remarkable thing! Of course he owns the
restaurants. Well, he used to own it but he may have sold them off.

> I can't believe I'm going to have to get try to get them on a leash 6-7
> weeks. A good time to work on my cooking skills.

A more practical solution is to not eat at restaurants that you find
objectionable.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2015-11-13 01:40:03 +0000, Cheri said:

> > wrote in message

>>> o my god
>>>
>>> Last year when I went into restaurants, if they were playing
>>> KennyGChrismas I asked the seater if they could change the music,
>>> because if they could not we would not be able to eat. One did, two
>>> didn't. Of the two who didn't, one apologized profusely. The other
>>> dead-eyed me like a zombie (aka the "It Came From Outer Space" look)
>>> and said impassively "No." We turned and left in silence. Merry Xmas
>>> with the emphasis on the X.
>>>
>>> I can't believe I'm going to have to get try to get them on a leash 6-7
>>> weeks. A good time to work on my cooking skills.
>>>

>> You need to develop Mothers Ear. I still have it, left over from when
>> my three were little, the ability to shut out the noise (aka Xmas
>> music) without even thinking of it

> Me too, I only hear the music I want to hear.

I've been a musician all my life and I wish I could do that. Can't be done.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2015-11-13 00:58:22 +0000, sf said:

> I don't notice music unless it's too loud, so I'm having trouble
> thinking of restaurants that play music other than the ones with
> jukeboxes on the table. Mall music? That's a different story.

We went on an eating foray in LA last week. We went to two upscale
restaurants and two upscale bars and marveled at the fact that they
were all playing music roughly from 1964-1968; pop, rock, soul, etc.
We realized that our age-range (65) had become the programming "sweet
spot" for upscale.

Go figure...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-11-12 19:02, gtr wrote:
> On 2015-11-12 18:08:08 +0000, graham said:

> Last year when I went into restaurants, if they were playing
> KennyGChrismas I asked the seater if they could change the music,
> because if they could not we would not be able to eat. One did, two
> didn't.

So.... three times you walked into restaurants and they were playing
Kenny G Christmas? What a hell of a coincidence.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/12/2015 7:32 PM, gtr wrote:
> On 2015-11-13 01:40:03 +0000, Cheri said:
>
>> > wrote in message

>>> You need to develop Mothers Ear. I still have it, left over from when
>>> my three were little, the ability to shut out the noise (aka Xmas
>>> music) without even thinking of it

>> Me too, I only hear the music I want to hear.

> I've been a musician all my life and I wish I could do that. Can't be done.

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article om>,
Cheryl > wrote:

> How well do they bounce back from being under heavy snow? I used to have
> some sort of evergreen shrubs that were up to about 10' or more high but
> they didn't do well during the winter and the last winter I had them
> they never really regained their shape so I had them taken out. Plus
> they were a favorite haunt of the local yellowjackets so I don't really
> miss them.

Arborvitae? My big one peels back like a blooming onion after a heavy
snow, and yellow jackets love it.

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"gtr" > wrote in message news:2015111216024198339-xxx@yyyzzz...
> On 2015-11-12 18:08:08 +0000, graham said:
>
>> Starbucks this morning: effing xmas music! I persuaded the manager to
>> change the mix.

> o my god
>
> Last year when I went into restaurants, if they were playing
> KennyGChrismas I asked the seater if they could change the music,
> because if they could not we would not be able to eat. One did, two
> didn't. Of the two who didn't, one apologized profusely. The other
> dead-eyed me like a zombie (aka the "It Came From Outer Space" look)
> and said impassively "No." We turned and left in silence. Merry Xmas
> with the emphasis on the X.
>
> I can't believe I'm going to have to get try to get them on a leash 6-7
> weeks. A good time to work on my cooking skills

If you need an excuse then it could be A Good Thing <g>

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 16:45:01 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
> > wrote:
>
>>RE Starbucks...here is a sample of the brainiacs who work the the
>>Ellen show DJ is a dancer named tWitch, whose real first name is
>>Stephen. When he ordered his drink at a Starbucks, he said, "it's
>>spelled with a 'ph.'" When he got his cup, his name was spelled,
>>Spheven."

> That's not stupid, that's phunny.

Grooaaaaaaaaannnnnnn

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
> RE Starbucks...here is a sample of the brainiacs who work the the
> Ellen show DJ is a dancer named tWitch, whose real first name is
> Stephen. When he ordered his drink at a Starbucks, he said, "it's
> spelled with a 'ph.'" When he got his cup, his name was spelled,
> Spheven."

LOL Really you couldn't make it up)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 7:58:15 PM UTC-5, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 16:02:41 -0800, gtr > wrote:
>
> > On 2015-11-12 18:08:08 +0000, graham said:
> >
> > > Starbucks this morning: effing xmas music! I persuaded the manager to
> > > change the mix.

> > o my god
> >
> > Last year when I went into restaurants, if they were playing
> > KennyGChrismas I asked the seater if they could change the music,
> > because if they could not we would not be able to eat. One did, two
> > didn't. Of the two who didn't, one apologized profusely. The other
> > dead-eyed me like a zombie (aka the "It Came From Outer Space" look)
> > and said impassively "No." We turned and left in silence. Merry Xmas
> > with the emphasis on the X.
> >
> > I can't believe I'm going to have to get try to get them on a leash 6-7
> > weeks. A good time to work on my cooking skills.
> >

> I don't notice music unless it's too loud, so I'm having trouble
> thinking of restaurants that play music other than the ones with
> jukeboxes on the table. Mall music? That's a different story.

My regular lunchtime spot:
<http://mediterrano.com/>
plays music. It used to be Rat Pack stuff; now it's more modern.
I think I heard some damned John Denver a few weeks ago, but I
usually read while I eat lunch, which shuts off my ears.

Soon they'll be playing Christmas music. However,
once people start flocking there for their office Christmas
lunches, I'll stop going until next year. Nothing puts me
off my lunch like sitting next to a table full of women wearing
perfume. If I can smell it from 6 feet away, they're
wearing entirely too much.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Nov 2015 03:58:49 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

> Nothing puts me
> off my lunch like sitting next to a table full of women wearing
> perfume. If I can smell it from 6 feet away, they're
> wearing entirely too much.

I'm fine with lots of perfume (bring it on), it's men's cheap cologne
that drives me up right the wall. I love candle shops too.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in news:n23f1k022t3
@news4.newsguy.com:

> > wrote in message

>>>o my god
>>>
>>>Last year when I went into restaurants, if they were playing
>>>KennyGChrismas I asked the seater if they could change the music,
>>>because if they could not we would not be able to eat. One did, two
>>>didn't. Of the two who didn't, one apologized profusely. The other
>>>dead-eyed me like a zombie (aka the "It Came From Outer Space" look)
>>>and said impassively "No." We turned and left in silence. Merry Xmas
>>>with the emphasis on the X.
>>>
>>>I can't believe I'm going to have to get try to get them on a leash 6-

7
>>>weeks. A good time to work on my cooking skills.
>>>

>> You need to develop Mothers Ear. I still have it, left over from when
>> my three were little, the ability to shut out the noise (aka Xmas
>> music) without even thinking of it

> Me too, I only hear the music I want to hear.

I can't do that. I dread Christmas. I listen mostly to music on satellite
radio and around Xmas some of the music channels get changed from what
they usually played to all Xmas or Hannaka (sp?> music. The others are
often swamped with it. Hard to find decent regular music for many weeks.

> Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 22:38:06 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 21:14:44 -0500, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>
>> Conifers do extremely well here, snow/cold doesn't bother them. I'm
>> in a snow belt, snow falls in feet, and temperatures at night
>> typically drop to -40F during winter.

>The average minimum temperature for the last three January's in
>Albany, New York is 11F degrees. The LOWEST recorded temperature for
>that month for the last 4 years was -12F. It can't possibly be -40F
>only 20 miles away at your house, and especially not "typuically".

Those are most likely daytime temperatures, it gets a lot colder in
Albany at night. Albany is at about the lowest elevation of the
Hudson River valley... the northern Catskills where I am are
mountainous, the elevations here vary wildly as one moves further from
the Hudson River. I'm about twenty miles from the Hudson river and at
about a 3,000' higher elevation. The Windham ski resort is colder
yet, about 15º colder than here. On a clear day I can see some of the
ski slopes from the rear of my property. In the small valleys the
temperatures can be lower than on the mountain tops because the
valleys are in shadow for longer periods while the mountain tops are
in sun all day. Also hot air rises but conversely cold air falls, at
night there isn't any wind so the valleys become much colder. The
rear of my house faces south, the front faces north... in winter the
rear is about 20º warmer during the day, the front is always in
shadow, the snow doesn't melt in front all winter... the snow on my
blacktop driveway melts where the sun strikes, there's a definite line
where the sun doesn't strike and that part of my driveway right in
front of the garage door is always coated with ice, in warm weather
with moss bacause it doesn't dry. The sun reflects off the back wall
and the snow melts immediately for about a 20' swarth even when air
temperatures are below zero, in fact the grass there grows all
winter... last week I mowed that area with a push mower, it's ready to
mow again. Temperatures here vary greatly with elevation and whether
in sun or shadow. Weather is a lot more complicated in this alpine
topography than in your relatively flat wetback country. Anyways,
don't yoose dwarfs live like moles, underground in caves, where
temperature never changes. The dwarf reminds me of this old movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0jAYRJJAiA
Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2015-11-13 02:45:03 +0000, Dave Smith said:

> On 2015-11-12 19:02, gtr wrote:
>> On 2015-11-12 18:08:08 +0000, graham said:

>> Last year when I went into restaurants, if they were playing
>> KennyGChrismas I asked the seater if they could change the music,
>> because if they could not we would not be able to eat. One did, two
>> didn't.

> So.... three times you walked into restaurants and they were playing
> Kenny G Christmas? What a hell of a coincidence.

I'm not sure I follow your logic. It was no coincidence, they were
likely playing that album for a month or more without changing. It's
shit for music, but some people seem to like it. Like it or not, a
month is too long.

Similarly I know a number of restaurants that became infected with the
Gipsy Kings first US album in 1989. Some cycled that one album as
their restaurants "ambience" for over 10 years. Two years ago I went
into an Italian restaurant and they were playing it. I asked them to
change it to anything at all they said okay and never did.

No coincidences; these are *policies*.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2015-11-13 02:30:51 +0000, dsi1 said:

>> o my god
>>
>> Last year when I went into restaurants, if they were playing
>> KennyGChrismas I asked the seater if they could change the music,
>> because if they could not we would not be able to eat. One did, two
>> didn't. Of the two who didn't, one apologized profusely. The other
>> dead-eyed me like a zombie (aka the "It Came From Outer Space" look) and
>> said impassively "No." We turned and left in silence. Merry Xmas with
>> the emphasis on the X.

> That was shellfish of you. Some people love Kenny G! Hell, I'd be
> ****ed if I was grooving to some music and it got cut off because some
> guy was whining about it.

And you may actually NEED for it to be the only CD played for a month.
And that would make it shellfish of you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/13/2015 10:40 AM, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Nov 2015 03:58:49 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
>> Nothing puts me
>> off my lunch like sitting next to a table full of women wearing
>> perfume. If I can smell it from 6 feet away, they're
>> wearing entirely too much.

Absolutely. Almost seems like you can taste it. Too much.

> I'm fine with lots of perfume (bring it on), it's men's cheap cologne
> that drives me up right the wall. I love candle shops too.

I don't know how it is he wasn't spoken to by his boss, but one
security guard at work wore so much cologne, it would almost
repel you from entering the building where I worked, all the way
from behind his desk. Yikes.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Nov 2015 16:22:30 -0500, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>On 11/13/2015 10:40 AM, sf wrote:
>> On Fri, 13 Nov 2015 03:58:49 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Nothing puts me
>>> off my lunch like sitting next to a table full of women wearing
>>> perfume. If I can smell it from 6 feet away, they're
>>> wearing entirely too much.

>Absolutely. Almost seems like you can taste it. Too much.
>
>> I'm fine with lots of perfume (bring it on), it's men's cheap cologne
>> that drives me up right the wall. I love candle shops too.

>I don't know how it is he wasn't spoken to by his boss, but one
>security guard at work wore so much cologne, it would almost
>repel you from entering the building where I worked, all the way
>from behind his desk. Yikes.
>
>nancy

It spells migraine for me - however in the last few years most people
round here have become very good and do not wear perfume.

Those of you who like it should consider, if you can smell it, you are
inhaling chemicals that you would do better not to inhale,
particularly since they are superfluous.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 6:06:26 PM UTC-6, wrote:

> You need to develop Mothers Ear. I still have it, left over from when
> my three were little, the ability to shut out the noise (aka Xmas
> music) without even thinking of it

Unfortunately too many of you mothers have Mothers Ear.
You don't think (or care) how annoying your little darlings
are in stores and restaurants.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-11-13 10:40 AM, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Nov 2015 03:58:49 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
>> Nothing puts me
>> off my lunch like sitting next to a table full of women wearing
>> perfume. If I can smell it from 6 feet away, they're
>> wearing entirely too much.

> I'm fine with lots of perfume (bring it on), it's men's cheap cologne
> that drives me up right the wall. I love candle shops too.

I am with Cindy. I hate perfume. There is one particular department
store that we like but I prefer to use the entrance by their shoe
department or the one from the parking lot. The one from the main part
of the mall is at their perfume department and I have to hold my breath.

My wife made it clear to me that she would like some perfume for
Christmas. I ended up buying it for her but there was a proviso... that
she not wear it around me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Nov 2015 13:04:06 -0800, gtr > wrote:

> No coincidences; these are *policies*.

IOW they are some sort of chain restaurant?

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Nov 2015 13:07:47 -0800, gtr > wrote:

> On 2015-11-13 02:30:51 +0000, dsi1 said:
>
> >> o my god
> >>
> >> Last year when I went into restaurants, if they were playing
> >> KennyGChrismas I asked the seater if they could change the music,
> >> because if they could not we would not be able to eat. One did, two
> >> didn't. Of the two who didn't, one apologized profusely. The other
> >> dead-eyed me like a zombie (aka the "It Came From Outer Space" look) and
> >> said impassively "No." We turned and left in silence. Merry Xmas with
> >> the emphasis on the X.

> > That was shellfish of you. Some people love Kenny G! Hell, I'd be
> > ****ed if I was grooving to some music and it got cut off because some
> > guy was whining about it.

> And you may actually NEED for it to be the only CD played for a month.
> And that would make it shellfish of you.

He only said that he'd enjoy it if that's what they're playing. I'd
be happier with no music at all.

--

sf