Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Emergency food

I just saw this TV commercial for a one month supply of freeze dried
food that could last up to 25 years in storage without opening it for
what I'd call a ridiculous price unless you really could live on this
for a month, then it seems cheap, comparatively. They offered other
"freebies" if YOU ACT NOW.

What do you think of this? Do you have plans just in case there's some
weird disaster that contaminates all food except for freeze dried? lol

http://www.wisefoodstorage.com/

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, November 7, 2015 at 1:24:07 PM UTC-10, Cheryl wrote:
> I just saw this TV commercial for a one month supply of freeze dried
> food that could last up to 25 years in storage without opening it for
> what I'd call a ridiculous price unless you really could live on this
> for a month, then it seems cheap, comparatively. They offered other
> "freebies" if YOU ACT NOW.
>
> What do you think of this? Do you have plans just in case there's some
> weird disaster that contaminates all food except for freeze dried? lol
>
> http://www.wisefoodstorage.com/
>
> --
> ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
> Cheryl

Regular folks won't be interested. They are as the grasshopper who fiddles as the ant prepares for the winter. The Samoans on this rock certainly might be because a lot of them are Latter Day Saints and their church recommends they have a year's supply of food in storage. This is probably a good idea since we are living on a tiny rock in the middle of nowhere. Me, I'm throwing in the the grasshoppers and livin' it up while I can!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, November 7, 2015 at 5:24:07 PM UTC-6, Cheryl wrote:
> I just saw this TV commercial for a one month supply of freeze dried
> food that could last up to 25 years in storage without opening it for
> what I'd call a ridiculous price unless you really could live on this
> for a month, then it seems cheap, comparatively. They offered other
> "freebies" if YOU ACT NOW.
>
> What do you think of this? Do you have plans just in case there's some
> weird disaster that contaminates all food except for freeze dried? lol
>
> http://www.wisefoodstorage.com/

We're having refried beans made with these tonight. Better than canned.

> --
> ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
> Cheryl

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/7/2015 6:21 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> I just saw this TV commercial for a one month supply of freeze dried
> food that could last up to 25 years in storage without opening it for
> what I'd call a ridiculous price unless you really could live on this
> for a month, then it seems cheap, comparatively. They offered other
> "freebies" if YOU ACT NOW.
>
> What do you think of this? Do you have plans just in case there's some
> weird disaster that contaminates all food except for freeze dried? lol
>
> http://www.wisefoodstorage.com/

I posted about a this company not long ago. They advertise a "free
sample" so I went to their web site and requested a sample. They
replied back asking how much I plan to buy and when?

Hello! I never said I was going to buy anything. I replied akin to,
"You advertise a free sample. I won't know if I want to order anything
until I taste it."

I guess they didn't like that answer. I'm still waiting for it and not
holding my breath.

And yes, I have food that doesn't include freeze-dried buckets of stuff
that will last 25 years.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/7/2015 5:21 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> I just saw this TV commercial for a one month supply of freeze dried
> food that could last up to 25 years in storage without opening it for
> what I'd call a ridiculous price unless you really could live on this
> for a month, then it seems cheap, comparatively. They offered other
> "freebies" if YOU ACT NOW.
>
> What do you think of this? Do you have plans just in case there's some
> weird disaster that contaminates all food except for freeze dried? lol
>
> http://www.wisefoodstorage.com/

I keep some non-perishables on hand for emergencies such as storm
damage, but nothing like freeze dried food that is supposed to last up
to 25 years. My "emergency stock" consists of items like peanut butter,
Spam (yes), canned chicken and tuna, etc.--in other words, things that
can be eaten without cooking them. Incidentally, freeze-dried chicken
is one of my cats' favorite treats. I'm not going to try it, though!

MaryL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/7/2015 7:41 PM, jmcquown wrote:

> I posted about a this company not long ago. They advertise a "free
> sample" so I went to their web site and requested a sample. They
> replied back asking how much I plan to buy and when?
>
> Hello! I never said I was going to buy anything. I replied akin to,
> "You advertise a free sample. I won't know if I want to order anything
> until I taste it."
>
> I guess they didn't like that answer. I'm still waiting for it and not
> holding my breath.
>
> And yes, I have food that doesn't include freeze-dried buckets of stuff
> that will last 25 years.

LOL! I must have missed that thread. I thought about ordering a sample
but now I don't think I will. Thanks Jill.

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/7/2015 8:00 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> On 11/7/2015 7:41 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> I posted about a this company not long ago. They advertise a "free
>> sample" so I went to their web site and requested a sample. They
>> replied back asking how much I plan to buy and when?
>>
>> Hello! I never said I was going to buy anything. I replied akin to,
>> "You advertise a free sample. I won't know if I want to order anything
>> until I taste it."
>>
>> I guess they didn't like that answer. I'm still waiting for it and not
>> holding my breath.
>>
>> And yes, I have food that doesn't include freeze-dried buckets of stuff
>> that will last 25 years.

> LOL! I must have missed that thread. I thought about ordering a sample
> but now I don't think I will. Thanks Jill.

I wish you would, Cheryl! I'd really like to see if you get a different
or the same response I did.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
web.com...
>I just saw this TV commercial for a one month supply of freeze dried food
>that could last up to 25 years in storage without opening it for what I'd
>call a ridiculous price unless you really could live on this for a month,
>then it seems cheap, comparatively. They offered other "freebies" if YOU
>ACT NOW.
>
> What do you think of this? Do you have plans just in case there's some
> weird disaster that contaminates all food except for freeze dried? lol
>
> http://www.wisefoodstorage.com/

I'll pass. I have plenty of canned food. If we had to, we could live for a
month on that. However we would have to carefully ration the food and it
would get rather tedious after a time.

If for some reason I did have to get the emergency food, I would just get a
bucket of it at Winco. It seems reasonably cheap.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> I have
> electricity.
>
> -sw

Fry yourself, woman-stalker.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/7/2015 9:09 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Nov 2015 18:21:59 -0500, Cheryl wrote:
>
>> I just saw this TV commercial for a one month supply of freeze dried
>> food that could last up to 25 years in storage without opening it for
>> what I'd call a ridiculous price unless you really could live on this
>> for a month, then it seems cheap, comparatively. They offered other
>> "freebies" if YOU ACT NOW.

> They must be playing those commercials nationally. I saw them too.
> They started about 5-6 days ago here.
>
>> What do you think of this? Do you have plans just in case there's some
>> weird disaster that contaminates all food except for freeze dried? lol

> I keep a full kitchen pantry for after I deplete the fridge and
> freezer first (assuming I don't have any electricity). I have enough
> in the fridge and freezer to last 3-4 weeks assuming I have
> electricity.
>
> -sw

I guess if you don't have to evacuate and carry your food that works. I
think those people must be targeting those who think they might have to
flee and take what they need and go. I also have enough food to keep me
going for weeks right here.

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 7 Nov 2015 19:45:13 -0700, Magdalena > wrote:

>Sqwertz wrote:
>> I have
>> electricity.
>>
>> -sw

>Fry yourself, woman-stalker.

Electrocution is too good for the dwarf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
eb.com...
> On 11/7/2015 9:09 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Sat, 7 Nov 2015 18:21:59 -0500, Cheryl wrote:
>>
>>> I just saw this TV commercial for a one month supply of freeze dried
>>> food that could last up to 25 years in storage without opening it for
>>> what I'd call a ridiculous price unless you really could live on this
>>> for a month, then it seems cheap, comparatively. They offered other
>>> "freebies" if YOU ACT NOW.

>> They must be playing those commercials nationally. I saw them too.
>> They started about 5-6 days ago here.
>>
>>> What do you think of this? Do you have plans just in case there's some
>>> weird disaster that contaminates all food except for freeze dried? lol

>> I keep a full kitchen pantry for after I deplete the fridge and
>> freezer first (assuming I don't have any electricity). I have enough
>> in the fridge and freezer to last 3-4 weeks assuming I have
>> electricity.
>>
>> -sw
>>

> I guess if you don't have to evacuate and carry your food that works. I
> think those people must be targeting those who think they might have to
> flee and take what they need and go. I also have enough food to keep me
> going for weeks right here.

My store would carry us through approx. 9-10 months.

We've had this discussion fairly recently)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> If for some reason I did have to get the emergency food, I would just get a
> bucket of it at Winco. It seems reasonably cheap.

If you feel that way, you should buy it now. It won't be available if
you wait until the emergency time - and you never know when that might
happen.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> My store would carry us through approx. 9-10 months.

MREs would be a good thing to stock up on but they are expensive. Go
live in a 3rd world country though and our military hands them out to
citizens like candy, free of charge. And bottled water too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> My store would carry us through approx. 9-10 months.

> MREs would be a good thing to stock up on but they are expensive. Go
> live in a 3rd world country though and our military hands them out to
> citizens like candy, free of charge. And bottled water too.

Well they are handy in that they are complete but you are right that they
are expensive and they are much higher calorie than you require if you are
not very physically active. I prefer to store standard foods they we are
used to eating.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"l not -l" > wrote in message

> On 7-Nov-2015, Cheryl > wrote:
>
>> I just saw this TV commercial for a one month supply of freeze dried
>> food that could last up to 25 years in storage without opening it for
>> what I'd call a ridiculous price unless you really could live on this
>> for a month, then it seems cheap, comparatively. They offered other
>> "freebies" if YOU ACT NOW.
>>
>> What do you think of this? Do you have plans just in case there's some
>> weird disaster that contaminates all food except for freeze dried? lol
>>
>> http://www.wisefoodstorage.com/
>>
>> --
>> ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
>> Cheryl

> I live in an area that could be effected by a substantial earthquake
> (along
> the New Madrid fault). Recently, it has been in the news that one of the
> universities predicts increased likelyhood of a substantial quake. The
> news
> suggests laying in at least a months supply of food, water, batteries and
> cash. As a retiree, rather than stockpile a bunch of stuff, I plan to
> simply go on vacation somewhere unaffected for the duration.

assuming you can get out.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, November 8, 2015 at 5:32:39 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > My store would carry us through approx. 9-10 months.

> MREs would be a good thing to stock up on but they are expensive. Go
> live in a 3rd world country though and our military hands them out to
> citizens like candy, free of charge. And bottled water too.

Those countries are getting way too uppity! They live like kings over there! Who the hell do they think they are! And bottled water too!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> On Sunday, November 8, 2015 at 5:32:39 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
>> Ophelia wrote:
>>>
>>> My store would carry us through approx. 9-10 months.

>> MREs would be a good thing to stock up on but they are expensive. Go
>> live in a 3rd world country though and our military hands them out to
>> citizens like candy, free of charge. And bottled water too.

> Those countries are getting way too uppity! They live like kings over there! Who the hell do they think they are! And bottled water too!

Plus they get the "didn't win it all" series of all our championship
sports team t-shirts.

In some parallel universe the Mets won it all and the Seadogs are still
champs.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article . com>,
says...

> I just saw this TV commercial for a one month supply of freeze dried
> food that could last up to 25 years in storage without opening it for
> what I'd call a ridiculous price unless you really could live on this
> for a month, then it seems cheap, comparatively. They offered other
> "freebies" if YOU ACT NOW.
>
> What do you think of this? Do you have plans just in case there's some
> weird disaster that contaminates all food except for freeze dried? lol

http://www.wisefoodstorage.com/

"just add water"?

What use is dehydrated food if the water power and fuel supplies have
all shut down? Or if you're too injured to prepare dried food.

Far better to hold a store of stuff you might enjoy eating normally and
can incorporate into normal cooking; like small ringpull cans of fish or
cold meat; dried fruit, nuts, honey.Small one-meal-size cans because if
there was no fridge power, you can't safely store opened big ones for
long. Stuff which in emergency could all be eaten cold without cooking;
maybe a supply of multivitamin +iron pills. Bottle some tap water and
change it occasionally.

You don't need to store any of it for 25 years, just use (and replace)
them occasionally in the course of normal life.

Janet UK

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Sunday, November 8, 2015 at 5:32:39 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
>> Ophelia wrote:
>> >
>> > My store would carry us through approx. 9-10 months.

>> MREs would be a good thing to stock up on but they are expensive. Go
>> live in a 3rd world country though and our military hands them out to
>> citizens like candy, free of charge. And bottled water too.

> Those countries are getting way too uppity! They live like kings over
> there! Who the hell do they think they are! And bottled water too!

<g>

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/8/2015 12:53 PM, l not -l wrote:
> If I
> believed food were the most serious problem we'd have in some worse
> disaster, I'd stock up on freeze dried. But, given all the guns and nuts
> running around, I imagine one would need an impenetrable fortress and an
> armory to hold onto food and water.

You've got a point there! Didn't think of that, but I can imagine
looting for food and water in a disaster. But knowing how people are,
they'll probably hit all of the stores and gas stations first.

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/7/2015 10:03 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Nov 2015 21:53:52 -0500, Cheryl wrote:
>
>> I guess if you don't have to evacuate and carry your food that works. I
>> think those people must be targeting those who think they might have to
>> flee and take what they need and go. I also have enough food to keep me
>> going for weeks right here.

> There no way to "flee" in populated areas unless you have a helicopter
> in your back yard. You just end up getting stuck in traffic. I think
> I'll stay put.

True, especially here in the DC area and I guess lots of TX too.

> Speaking of fleeing, apparently aliens just landed somewhere east of
> Los Angeles. The Net is abuzz with pictures of their ship flying
> overhead tonight. You heard it here first! They've come to sample
> our freeze dried food, apparently.

LOL I'll have to look that up!

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/8/2015 1:49 PM, Janet wrote:
> In article . com>,
> says...
>>
>> I just saw this TV commercial for a one month supply of freeze dried
>> food that could last up to 25 years in storage without opening it for
>> what I'd call a ridiculous price unless you really could live on this
>> for a month, then it seems cheap, comparatively. They offered other
>> "freebies" if YOU ACT NOW.
>>
>> What do you think of this? Do you have plans just in case there's some
>> weird disaster that contaminates all food except for freeze dried? lol

http://www.wisefoodstorage.com/

> "just add water"?
>
> What use is dehydrated food if the water power and fuel supplies have
> all shut down? Or if you're too injured to prepare dried food.

I guess they assume that those who would buy this stuff would also stock
a lot of water. And there are plenty of ways to make hot water.

> Far better to hold a store of stuff you might enjoy eating normally and
> can incorporate into normal cooking; like small ringpull cans of fish or
> cold meat; dried fruit, nuts, honey.Small one-meal-size cans because if
> there was no fridge power, you can't safely store opened big ones for
> long. Stuff which in emergency could all be eaten cold without cooking;
> maybe a supply of multivitamin +iron pills. Bottle some tap water and
> change it occasionally.
>
> You don't need to store any of it for 25 years, just use (and replace)
> them occasionally in the course of normal life.

Totally agree with you.

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheryl wrote:
> On 11/8/2015 12:53 PM, l not -l wrote:
>> If I
>> believed food were the most serious problem we'd have in some worse
>> disaster, I'd stock up on freeze dried. But, given all the guns and nuts
>> running around, I imagine one would need an impenetrable fortress and an
>> armory to hold onto food and water.

> You've got a point there! Didn't think of that, but I can imagine
> looting for food and water in a disaster. But knowing how people are,
> they'll probably hit all of the stores and gas stations first.

The good thing there is they're easy to pick off with a good sniper rifle.

Just ask Sqwerty, he fantasizes about such things...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheryl wrote:
> On 11/7/2015 10:03 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Sat, 7 Nov 2015 21:53:52 -0500, Cheryl wrote:
>>
>>> I guess if you don't have to evacuate and carry your food that works. I
>>> think those people must be targeting those who think they might have to
>>> flee and take what they need and go. I also have enough food to keep me
>>> going for weeks right here.

>> There no way to "flee" in populated areas unless you have a helicopter
>> in your back yard. You just end up getting stuck in traffic. I think
>> I'll stay put.
>>

> True, especially here in the DC area and I guess lots of TX too.
>
>> Speaking of fleeing, apparently aliens just landed somewhere east of
>> Los Angeles. The Net is abuzz with pictures of their ship flying
>> overhead tonight. You heard it here first! They've come to sample
>> our freeze dried food, apparently.
>>

> LOL I'll have to look that up!

Here, enjoy:

https://twitter.com/AlexisCoram

https://twitter.com/TreyAnthonySoto/...526912/photo/1

http://news.yahoo.com/ufo-off-califo...053910128.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
eb.com...
> On 11/8/2015 1:49 PM, Janet wrote:
>> In article . com>,
>> says...
>>>
>>> I just saw this TV commercial for a one month supply of freeze dried
>>> food that could last up to 25 years in storage without opening it for
>>> what I'd call a ridiculous price unless you really could live on this
>>> for a month, then it seems cheap, comparatively. They offered other
>>> "freebies" if YOU ACT NOW.
>>>
>>> What do you think of this? Do you have plans just in case there's some
>>> weird disaster that contaminates all food except for freeze dried? lol

http://www.wisefoodstorage.com/

>> "just add water"?
>>
>> What use is dehydrated food if the water power and fuel supplies have
>> all shut down? Or if you're too injured to prepare dried food.
>>

> I guess they assume that those who would buy this stuff would also stock a
> lot of water. And there are plenty of ways to make hot water.

lol it would be bonkers not to store water if you are going to the trouble
to keep a good store of food, especially dyhydrated )

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> If for some reason I did have to get the emergency food, I would just get
>> bucket of it at Winco. It seems reasonably cheap.

> If you feel that way, you should buy it now. It won't be available if
> you wait until the emergency time - and you never know when that might
> happen.

I said, "If for some reason". The food would likely be of no benefit to me
although there might be a fruit or vegetable that I could eat. We have been
asked in the past to donate various things to the school, but rather than
going out and getting the items, I just gave them money. That was an option
too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>I just saw this TV commercial for a one month supply of freeze dried
>food that could last up to 25 years in storage without opening it for
>what I'd call a ridiculous price unless you really could live on this
>for a month, then it seems cheap, comparatively. They offered other
>"freebies" if YOU ACT NOW.
>
>What do you think of this? Do you have plans just in case there's some
>weird disaster that contaminates all food except for freeze dried? lol
>
>http://www.wisefoodstorage.com/

You have to add water before you eat it.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 08 Nov 2015 21:53:57 -0500, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

>Gary wrote:
>>Ophelia wrote:
>>>
>>> My store would carry us through approx. 9-10 months.

>>MREs would be a good thing to stock up on but they are expensive. Go
>>live in a 3rd world country though and our military hands them out to
>>citizens like candy, free of charge. And bottled water too.

>I must have at least two years worth of food, for the cats too. Water
>is no big problem unless the creek stops running and in twelve years
>has never stopped... and I have enough propane to boil creek water for
>a very long time although I doubt with how fast it runs and with all
>the little fish and frogs it's polluted. Plus I have a lot of bottled
>water. I must have Crystal Palace for two years too. Of course I'd
>run out of fresh veggies in a couple three weeks but I have cases and
>cases of canned... I love canned veggies, spinach and beets are my
>favs. And I must have 500 cans of beans of all kinds.
>I don't keep all this food for emergencies, it's just normal for me...
>were I to concern myself with emergency provisions I'd likely have
>like twenty years worth.

For you at your age 20 years may be a lifetime supply!

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
news
> Gary wrote:
>>Ophelia wrote:
>>>
>>> My store would carry us through approx. 9-10 months.

>>MREs would be a good thing to stock up on but they are expensive. Go
>>live in a 3rd world country though and our military hands them out to
>>citizens like candy, free of charge. And bottled water too.

> I must have at least two years worth of food, for the cats too. Water
> is no big problem unless the creek stops running and in twelve years
> has never stopped... and I have enough propane to boil creek water for
> a very long time although I doubt with how fast it runs and with all
> the little fish and frogs it's polluted. Plus I have a lot of bottled
> water. I must have Crystal Palace for two years too. Of course I'd
> run out of fresh veggies in a couple three weeks but I have cases and
> cases of canned... I love canned veggies, spinach and beets are my
> favs. And I must have 500 cans of beans of all kinds.
> I don't keep all this food for emergencies, it's just normal for me...
> were I to concern myself with emergency provisions I'd likely have
> like twenty years worth.

As I have pointed out in the past, there are more reasons to keep a good
store than the world caving in.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> You got any okra?
>
> -sw

You stuffing your fat little cheeks again, dwarfie?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> I want you on my team when the World begins to End.
>
> -sw

I want to see your soul torn into shreds and burned in HELL!
Steve Wertz - unrepentant woman stalker and total head case begging poor
Omelet to shoot him with a sniper rifle in austin.food:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/7/2015 5:21 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> I just saw this TV commercial for a one month supply of freeze dried
> food that could last up to 25 years in storage without opening it for
> what I'd call a ridiculous price unless you really could live on this
> for a month, then it seems cheap, comparatively. They offered other
> "freebies" if YOU ACT NOW.
>
> What do you think of this? Do you have plans just in case there's some
> weird disaster that contaminates all food except for freeze dried? lol
>
> http://www.wisefoodstorage.com/

Here's how gross apocalypse emergency food rations are
by Casey Chan

Televangelists like Jim Bakker are basically scam artists who feed on
implanting people with fear and profiting off that fear. Bakker, for
example, is notorious for shilling his buckets of survivalist food
that costs hundreds of dollars and last 20 years (just in time for the
world to end!). But how does that food taste? We got chef Greg Lauro
to cook up some of these evangelical survivalist food items and it's
absolutely disgusting. Like, gross doesnt even begin to describe it.

The food€”which basically only requires the addition of hot water to
cook€”ends up being like beige slop and red vomit and liquid sludge.
Lauro described the taste as "paper mache" and "a bathroom at a bar at
the end of the night in a college town" and "one of the worst thing
Ive ever eaten in my life" to describe the taste and smell of the food.

(Link below for those who want to view the video)
http://sploid.gizmodo.com/what-its-l...ocalyp-1740597
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 09 Nov 2015 10:26:27 -0600, Moe DeLoughan >
wrote:

> (Link below for those who want to view the video)
> http://sploid.gizmodo.com/what-its-l...ocalyp-1740597

That page doesn't exist.

--

sf

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Handjob John UNKuthe driveled:

> On Sun, 08 Nov 2015 21:53:57 -0500, Brooklyn1
> > wrote:
>
> >Gary wrote:

> >>MREs would be a good thing to stock up on but they are expensive. Go
> >>live in a 3rd world country though and our military hands them out to
> >>citizens like candy, free of charge. And bottled water too.

> >I must have at least two years worth of food, for the cats too. Water
> >is no big problem unless the creek stops running and in twelve years
> >has never stopped... and I have enough propane to boil creek water for
> >a very long time although I doubt with how fast it runs and with all
> >the little fish and frogs it's polluted. Plus I have a lot of bottled
> >water. I must have Crystal Palace for two years too. Of course I'd
> >run out of fresh veggies in a couple three weeks but I have cases and
> >cases of canned... I love canned veggies, spinach and beets are my
> >favs. And I must have 500 cans of beans of all kinds.
> >I don't keep all this food for emergencies, it's just normal for me...
> >were I to concern myself with emergency provisions I'd likely have
> >like twenty years worth.

> For you at your age 20 years may be a lifetime supply!

He'll be thriving *long* after you've already croaked (from stoopidity, no doubt!)...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-11-09 11:26 AM, Moe DeLoughan wrote:

> Televangelists like Jim Bakker are basically scam artists who feed on
> implanting people with fear and profiting off that fear.

I give Bakker credit for his resilience. I was channel surfing one day
and caught a couple minutes of him making an appearance. He had recently
been released from jail and he introduced a young black kid he had met
in jail and talked about how he had delivered the word of the Lord to
that unfortunate young man who had experienced a horrible life and
committed serious crimes but who he was able to find salvation. That is
how he came to realize why God had out him through his legal ordeals,
the trial and prison. It was all so that he could find this young man
and save him.

If people believe that sort of crap they will believe anything.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/9/2015 6:26 AM, Moe DeLoughan wrote:
> On 11/7/2015 5:21 PM, Cheryl wrote:
>> I just saw this TV commercial for a one month supply of freeze dried
>> food that could last up to 25 years in storage without opening it for
>> what I'd call a ridiculous price unless you really could live on this
>> for a month, then it seems cheap, comparatively. They offered other
>> "freebies" if YOU ACT NOW.
>>
>> What do you think of this? Do you have plans just in case there's some
>> weird disaster that contaminates all food except for freeze dried? lol
>>
>> http://www.wisefoodstorage.com/
>>

> Here's how gross apocalypse emergency food rations are
> by Casey Chan
>
> Televangelists like Jim Bakker are basically scam artists who feed on
> implanting people with fear and profiting off that fear. Bakker, for
> example, is notorious for shilling his buckets of survivalist food that
> costs hundreds of dollars and last 20 years (just in time for the world
> to end!). But how does that food taste? We got chef Greg Lauro to cook
> up some of these evangelical survivalist food items and it's absolutely
> disgusting. Like, gross doesnt even begin to describe it.
>
> The food€”which basically only requires the addition of hot water to
> cook€”ends up being like beige slop and red vomit and liquid sludge.
> Lauro described the taste as "paper mache" and "a bathroom at a bar at
> the end of the night in a college town" and "one of the worst thing Ive
> ever eaten in my life" to describe the taste and smell of the food.
>

> (Link below for those who want to view the video)
> http://sploid.gizmodo.com/what-its-l...ocalyp-1740597

To do a proper test on these foods, they really should have fasted for a
couple of days. My guess is that the foods is gonna taste a lot better.
I have had these before. They are quite acceptable. If I was in a
disaster area, they would be a godsend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uSXSlet-6k
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Moe DeLoughan wrote:

> Televangelists like Jim Bakker are basically scam artists who feed on
> implanting people with fear and profiting off that fear.

Are any religions different... they're ALL fear mongers... yoose think
mooslim girls ain't ascared of having to choose between having their
clit nipped off with a pair of rusty dikes or being stoned to death...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> It was all so that he could find this young man and save him.
>

> If people believe that sort of crap they will believe anything.

But did he actually SAVE him?

If so....