Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default 10 things you didn't know about Costco's food court

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...xS?ocid=msndhp
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/4/2015 3:19 PM, Janet B wrote:

> http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...xS?ocid=msndhp

I have been to a few Costcos, and while I don't often eat there, I
don't think I've ever noticed the food court being on the other side
of the check out lanes ... meaning no one checks to see if you're a
member to get to the food court.

I wonder if it's different in other areas.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-11-04 5:45 PM, Nancy Young wrote:

> I have been to a few Costcos, and while I don't often eat there, I
> don't think I've ever noticed the food court being on the other side
> of the check out lanes ... meaning no one checks to see if you're a
> member to get to the food court.
>
> I wonder if it's different in other areas.

I am not sure I would call it a food court, but the one closest to me
has place that sells things like hamburgers, hotdogs, soft drinks and
soft serve ice cream. It is outside of the checkout lines. I don't think
you need to be a member.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 17:45:30 -0500, Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> On 11/4/2015 3:19 PM, Janet B wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...xS?ocid=msndhp
>>>

>> I have been to a few Costcos, and while I don't often eat there, I
>> don't think I've ever noticed the food court being on the other side
>> of the check out lanes ... meaning no one checks to see if you're a
>> member to get to the food court.

> Costco and Sam's club will let everyone in. I have never had a
> problem telling them that I just want to visit the snack bar or look
> around and consider a membership.
>
> -sw

Wotta a leech you are.

Steve Wertz - unrepentant woman stalker and total head case begging poor
Omelet to shoot him with a sniper rifle in austin.food:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 17:45:30 -0500, Nancy Young
> wrote:

> On 11/4/2015 3:19 PM, Janet B wrote:
>
> > http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...xS?ocid=msndhp
> >

> I have been to a few Costcos, and while I don't often eat there, I
> don't think I've ever noticed the food court being on the other side
> of the check out lanes ... meaning no one checks to see if you're a
> member to get to the food court.
>
> I wonder if it's different in other areas.

We have both types here. You're familiar with the one that's across
from the checkout counters, inside the building... but we have one
where the food court is a completely different (enclosed) area outside
the building but attached to it like a covered porch is attached to a
house.

--

sf

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 17:48:22 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> I am not sure I would call it a food court, but the one closest to me
> has place that sells things like hamburgers, hotdogs, soft drinks and
> soft serve ice cream. It is outside of the checkout lines. I don't think
> you need to be a member.

If it's outside the building, then no card is necessary. If it's
inside the building, you need to be a member.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/4/2015 8:27 PM, sf wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 17:48:22 -0500, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>> I am not sure I would call it a food court, but the one closest to me
>> has place that sells things like hamburgers, hotdogs, soft drinks and
>> soft serve ice cream. It is outside of the checkout lines. I don't think
>> you need to be a member.

> If it's outside the building, then no card is necessary. If it's
> inside the building, you need to be a member.

I don't think so, no one checks your card if you go that way.
Heck, that's the way you go if you don't have a card and you want one.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, November 4, 2015 at 12:19:33 PM UTC-8, Janet B wrote:
> http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...xS?ocid=msndhp

I learned two things I didn't know about the Costco food court: Chicken
bakes include Caesar dressing, and pizzas have tomato sauce applied on
an LP turntable, where the sauce comes from the stylus.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 20:45:59 -0500, Nancy Young
> wrote:

> On 11/4/2015 8:27 PM, sf wrote:
> > On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 17:48:22 -0500, Dave Smith
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> I am not sure I would call it a food court, but the one closest to me
> >> has place that sells things like hamburgers, hotdogs, soft drinks and
> >> soft serve ice cream. It is outside of the checkout lines. I don't think
> >> you need to be a member.

> > If it's outside the building, then no card is necessary. If it's
> > inside the building, you need to be a member.

> I don't think so, no one checks your card if you go that way.
> Heck, that's the way you go if you don't have a card and you want one.

You can buy a card online and they are not going to admit the sheer
numbers of people who don't have cards to flip at them that eat at the
outside location.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/4/2015 6:49 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 17:45:30 -0500, Nancy Young wrote:

>> of the check out lanes ... meaning no one checks to see if you're a
>> member to get to the food court.

> Costco and Sam's club will let everyone in. I have never had a
> problem telling them that I just want to visit the snack bar or look
> around and consider a membership.

The first time I joined Costco, you had to be part of some
organization that was allowed to shop there. We decided to
check it out, walked in and wandered around.

We had no idea you were supposed to show your card to get in,
ignorance is bliss, I guess, we never noticed the card checker.

No harm, we didn't buy anything or have any samples.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> Nobody ever
> tackled me and wrestled me to the ground.
>
> -sw

You subhuman SHITHEAD!

Steve Wertz - unrepentant woman stalker and total head case begging poor
Omelet to shoot him with a sniper rifle in austin.food:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet B" > wrote in message
> http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...xS?ocid=msndhp

I actually knew most of those things but it's not true that the inside ones
are just for members. If the location has a pharmacy, they have to let
people in to use it. You do not have to be a member to get a prescription.
Also, you can go in the out door and they will never question it as that is
where the customer service is. The inside food courts are located just
inside that door and they do not ask for your membership card there.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> On 11/4/2015 3:19 PM, Janet B wrote:
>
>> http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...xS?ocid=msndhp
>>

> I have been to a few Costcos, and while I don't often eat there, I
> don't think I've ever noticed the food court being on the other side
> of the check out lanes ... meaning no one checks to see if you're a
> member to get to the food court.
>
> I wonder if it's different in other areas.
>
> nancy

The one here in Everett has an outside food court. I think all of the
others have an inside one and I've heard them say that you do not need to
show a card to purchase.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 17:48:22 -0500, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>> I am not sure I would call it a food court, but the one closest to me
>> has place that sells things like hamburgers, hotdogs, soft drinks and
>> soft serve ice cream. It is outside of the checkout lines. I don't think
>> you need to be a member.

> If it's outside the building, then no card is necessary. If it's
> inside the building, you need to be a member.

Are you telling me that they ask for your card there?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> On 11/4/2015 8:27 PM, sf wrote:
>> On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 17:48:22 -0500, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I am not sure I would call it a food court, but the one closest to me
>>> has place that sells things like hamburgers, hotdogs, soft drinks and
>>> soft serve ice cream. It is outside of the checkout lines. I don't think
>>> you need to be a member.

>> If it's outside the building, then no card is necessary. If it's
>> inside the building, you need to be a member.

> I don't think so, no one checks your card if you go that way.
> Heck, that's the way you go if you don't have a card and you want one.

No card required here. People have asked. And when our old dance studio
had two locations, one of the teachers had to rush from the one location to
the other around dinner time. She said she sent one of the kids in to buy
whatever they could get the fastest and they ate it on the way. Kids can't
even get a membership card.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 20:45:59 -0500, Nancy Young
> > wrote:
>
>> On 11/4/2015 8:27 PM, sf wrote:
>> > On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 17:48:22 -0500, Dave Smith

>> > If it's outside the building, then no card is necessary. If it's
>> > inside the building, you need to be a member.

>> I don't think so, no one checks your card if you go that way.
>> Heck, that's the way you go if you don't have a card and you want one.
>>

> You can buy a card online and they are not going to admit the sheer
> numbers of people who don't have cards to flip at them that eat at the
> outside location.

Are you telling me that at your location, you must show your card to buy a
hot dog? Or a prescription? Maybe the prescription is a state thing? But
here, they are required to let everyone in, card or not. But you do need a
card to buy things through the registers that are not prescriptions or the
snack bar foods.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 17:45:30 -0500, Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> On 11/4/2015 3:19 PM, Janet B wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...xS?ocid=msndhp
>>>

>> I have been to a few Costcos, and while I don't often eat there, I
>> don't think I've ever noticed the food court being on the other side
>> of the check out lanes ... meaning no one checks to see if you're a
>> member to get to the food court.

> Costco and Sam's club will let everyone in. I have never had a
> problem telling them that I just want to visit the snack bar or look
> around and consider a membership.

Yes. You can also bring other people in. They used to let your guests buy
things but they seem to have cracked down on that. I'm sure they know it is
still happening. But the card holder must pay now and the guest can arrange
to pay them later.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> On 11/4/2015 6:49 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 17:45:30 -0500, Nancy Young wrote:

>>> of the check out lanes ... meaning no one checks to see if you're a
>>> member to get to the food court.

>> Costco and Sam's club will let everyone in. I have never had a
>> problem telling them that I just want to visit the snack bar or look
>> around and consider a membership.

> The first time I joined Costco, you had to be part of some
> organization that was allowed to shop there. We decided to
> check it out, walked in and wandered around.
>
> We had no idea you were supposed to show your card to get in,
> ignorance is bliss, I guess, we never noticed the card checker.
>
> No harm, we didn't buy anything or have any samples.
>
> nancy

I remember those days. I don't remember having to do that for Costco but
maybe. We had another warehouse store where the Sams Club is now. Name
escapes me now. You did have to belong to certain credit unions or work at
certain places to shop there. That place only lasted about a year. Not
sure why it closed.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 22:20:06 -0500, Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> On 11/4/2015 6:49 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>>> Costco and Sam's club will let everyone in. I have never had a
>>> problem telling them that I just want to visit the snack bar or look
>>> around and consider a membership.

>> The first time I joined Costco, you had to be part of some
>> organization that was allowed to shop there. We decided to
>> check it out, walked in and wandered around.
>>
>> We had no idea you were supposed to show your card to get in,
>> ignorance is bliss, I guess, we never noticed the card checker.
>>
>> No harm, we didn't buy anything or have any samples.

> I used to work next to the Costco in Santa Cruz and didn't have a
> membership for the first year or so. But I always used to pop over
> there about once a week and get lunch at the snack bar - no card
> required. Just walk in the exit and go to the snack bar. Nobody ever
> tackled me and wrestled me to the ground.

Exactly. That's where the customer service is located as well. In order to
get a membership, you have to go in the out door. So they do not check
cards.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Wednesday, November 4, 2015 at 12:19:33 PM UTC-8, Janet B wrote:
>> http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...xS?ocid=msndhp

> I learned two things I didn't know about the Costco food court: Chicken
> bakes include Caesar dressing, and pizzas have tomato sauce applied on
> an LP turntable, where the sauce comes from the stylus.

I've seen them do the pizzas.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message

>>> I have been to a few Costcos, and while I don't often eat there, I
>>> don't think I've ever noticed the food court being on the other side
>>> of the check out lanes ... meaning no one checks to see if you're a
>>> member to get to the food court.

>> Costco and Sam's club will let everyone in. I have never had a
>> problem telling them that I just want to visit the snack bar or look
>> around and consider a membership.

> Yes. You can also bring other people in. They used to let

We've been through this before, haven't we dear?

Sqwerty HATES you, he RIPS on you, and he BULLIES you.

And yet here you are again attention-whoring for his favors?

Why?

Are you a disturbed masochist whose need for attention is uncontrollable?

Do you think you might need some professional counseling?

\|||/
(o o)
,---ooO--(_)--------.
| |
| Please don't |
|feed the Sqwerty & |
| Marty TROLLS! |
| |
`-------------ooO---'
|__|__|
|| ||
ooO Ooo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message

>>> The first time I joined Costco, you had to be part of some
>>> organization that was allowed to shop there. We decided to
>>> check it out, walked in and wandered around.
>>>
>>> We had no idea you were supposed to show your card to get in,
>>> ignorance is bliss, I guess, we never noticed the card checker.
>>>
>>> No harm, we didn't buy anything or have any samples.

>> I used to work next to the Costco in Santa Cruz and didn't have a
>> membership for the first year or so. But I always used to pop over
>> there about once a week and get lunch at the snack bar - no card
>> required. Just walk in the exit and go to the snack bar. Nobody ever
>> tackled me and wrestled me to the ground.

> Exactly. That's where the customer service is

We've been through this before, haven't we dear?

Sqwerty HATES you, he RIPS on you, and he BULLIES you.

And yet here you are again attention-whoring for his favors?

Why?

Are you a disturbed masochist whose need for attention is uncontrollable?

Do you think you might need some professional counseling?

\|||/
(o o)
,---ooO--(_)--------.
| |
| Please don't |
|feed the Sqwerty & |
| Marty TROLLS! |
| |
`-------------ooO---'
|__|__|
|| ||
ooO Ooo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 00:52:56 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> Are you telling me that at your location, you must show your card to buy a
> hot dog? Or a prescription? Maybe the prescription is a state thing? But
> here, they are required to let everyone in, card or not. But you do need a
> card to buy things through the registers that are not prescriptions or the
> snack bar foods.

I'm saying that you need to show your card to get inside the building.
What's inside is for members or people with gift cards. Show me where
it says otherwise. I don't use Costco for prescriptions, but I assume
paying for drugs is the same drill as paying for anything else and
yes, you show your card because it's buried inside the store. Maybe
it's different if someone pays cash. I have no idea how that works.
I pay cash at the "food court", so I have no idea how it goes for
charges.

OTOH a "food court" located outside the building is open to all.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 00:49:31 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 17:48:22 -0500, Dave Smith
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> I am not sure I would call it a food court, but the one closest to me
> >> has place that sells things like hamburgers, hotdogs, soft drinks and
> >> soft serve ice cream. It is outside of the checkout lines. I don't think
> >> you need to be a member.

> > If it's outside the building, then no card is necessary. If it's
> > inside the building, you need to be a member.

> Are you telling me that they ask for your card there?

I pay cash.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/5/2015 8:09 PM, sf wrote:

> I'm saying that you need to show your card to get inside the building.
> What's inside is for members or people with gift cards. Show me where
> it says otherwise. I don't use Costco for prescriptions, but I assume
> paying for drugs is the same drill as paying for anything else and
> yes, you show your card because it's buried inside the store. Maybe
> it's different if someone pays cash. I have no idea how that works.
> I pay cash at the "food court", so I have no idea how it goes for
> charges.
>
> OTOH a "food court" located outside the building is open to all.

You do not have to be a member to use the pharmacy.

Non-members may be assessed an additional surcharge. The surcharge does
not apply to prescription items. Executive Members need to provide a
membership number to receive credit for their 2% rebate.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/5/2015 8:09 PM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 00:52:56 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> Are you telling me that at your location, you must show your card to buy a
>> hot dog? Or a prescription? Maybe the prescription is a state thing? But
>> here, they are required to let everyone in, card or not. But you do need a
>> card to buy things through the registers that are not prescriptions or the
>> snack bar foods.

> I'm saying that you need to show your card to get inside the building.

No, you don't, not to get to the food court or the bathrooms or
the customer service desk.

> What's inside is for members or people with gift cards. Show me where
> it says otherwise.

I just had lunch there a couple of days ago, we walked right in off
the street. No one checks for a card. It's different if you want
to go to the right, that leads to the merchandise.

> I don't use Costco for prescriptions, but I assume
> paying for drugs is the same drill as paying for anything else and
> yes, you show your card because it's buried inside the store. Maybe
> it's different if someone pays cash. I have no idea how that works.
> I pay cash at the "food court", so I have no idea how it goes for
> charges.

You don't need to be a member for hearing aids or prescription
or MAYBE optical? Not sure at all about the last one.

> OTOH a "food court" located outside the building is open to all.

So's the one INSIDE at any Costco I have visited. No one
asks for your card. That's what I've been saying.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 21:17:46 -0500, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>On 11/5/2015 8:09 PM, sf wrote:
>> On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 00:52:56 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Are you telling me that at your location, you must show your card to buy a
>>> hot dog? Or a prescription? Maybe the prescription is a state thing? But
>>> here, they are required to let everyone in, card or not. But you do need a
>>> card to buy things through the registers that are not prescriptions or the
>>> snack bar foods.

>> I'm saying that you need to show your card to get inside the building.

>No, you don't, not to get to the food court or the bathrooms or
>the customer service desk.
>
>> What's inside is for members or people with gift cards. Show me where
>> it says otherwise.

>I just had lunch there a couple of days ago, we walked right in off
>the street. No one checks for a card. It's different if you want
>to go to the right, that leads to the merchandise.
>
> > I don't use Costco for prescriptions, but I assume
>> paying for drugs is the same drill as paying for anything else and
>> yes, you show your card because it's buried inside the store. Maybe
>> it's different if someone pays cash. I have no idea how that works.
>> I pay cash at the "food court", so I have no idea how it goes for
>> charges.

>You don't need to be a member for hearing aids or prescription
>or MAYBE optical? Not sure at all about the last one.
>
>> OTOH a "food court" located outside the building is open to all.

>So's the one INSIDE at any Costco I have visited. No one
>asks for your card. That's what I've been saying.
>
>nancy

You pay for prescriptions at the Pharmacy. No need to run through the
checkout lines.
No need for membership card in the Food Court. You pay for your
purchase there.
I'm not sure about optical, although you do pay for your purchase in
optical.
You do need your ID for the photo area.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 00:52:56 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> Are you telling me that at your location, you must show your card to buy
>> hot dog? Or a prescription? Maybe the prescription is a state thing?
>> But
>> here, they are required to let everyone in, card or not. But you do need
>> card to buy things through the registers that are not prescriptions or
>> the
>> snack bar foods.

> I'm saying that you need to show your card to get inside the building.
> What's inside is for members or people with gift cards. Show me where
> it says otherwise. I don't use Costco for prescriptions, but I assume
> paying for drugs is the same drill as paying for anything else and
> yes, you show your card because it's buried inside the store. Maybe
> it's different if someone pays cash. I have no idea how that works.
> I pay cash at the "food court", so I have no idea how it goes for
> charges.
>
> OTOH a "food court" located outside the building is open to all.

You do not have to show your card to get to the food court, even if inside.
You go through the "out" door to get to it and to customer service. Here, I
can prove it to ya.

http://lifehacker.com/the-best-thing...rsh-1591680306

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 00:49:31 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message
>> > On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 17:48:22 -0500, Dave Smith

>> > If it's outside the building, then no card is necessary. If it's
>> > inside the building, you need to be a member.

>> Are you telling me that they ask for your card there?

> I pay cash.

So do I. But I still have to show my card for other things. Not for the
food court.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 11/5/2015 8:09 PM, sf wrote:
>

>> I'm saying that you need to show your card to get inside the building.
>> What's inside is for members or people with gift cards. Show me where
>> it says otherwise. I don't use Costco for prescriptions, but I assume
>> paying for drugs is the same drill as paying for anything else and
>> yes, you show your card because it's buried inside the store. Maybe
>> it's different if someone pays cash. I have no idea how that works.
>> I pay cash at the "food court", so I have no idea how it goes for
>> charges.
>>
>> OTOH a "food court" located outside the building is open to all.
>>

> You do not have to be a member to use the pharmacy.
>
> Non-members may be assessed an additional surcharge. The surcharge does
> not apply to prescription items. Executive Members need to provide a
> membership number to receive credit for their 2% rebate.

Yes. You can shop online too, although some things are for members only.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> On 11/5/2015 8:09 PM, sf wrote:
>> On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 00:52:56 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Are you telling me that at your location, you must show your card to buy
>>> hot dog? Or a prescription? Maybe the prescription is a state thing?
>>> But
>>> here, they are required to let everyone in, card or not. But you do
>>> need a
>>> card to buy things through the registers that are not prescriptions or
>>> the
>>> snack bar foods.

>> I'm saying that you need to show your card to get inside the building.

> No, you don't, not to get to the food court or the bathrooms or
> the customer service desk.
>
>> What's inside is for members or people with gift cards. Show me where
>> it says otherwise.

> I just had lunch there a couple of days ago, we walked right in off
> the street. No one checks for a card. It's different if you want
> to go to the right, that leads to the merchandise.
>
> > I don't use Costco for prescriptions, but I assume
>> paying for drugs is the same drill as paying for anything else and
>> yes, you show your card because it's buried inside the store. Maybe
>> it's different if someone pays cash. I have no idea how that works.
>> I pay cash at the "food court", so I have no idea how it goes for
>> charges.

> You don't need to be a member for hearing aids or prescription
> or MAYBE optical? Not sure at all about the last one.
>
>> OTOH a "food court" located outside the building is open to all.

> So's the one INSIDE at any Costco I have visited. No one
> asks for your card. That's what I've been saying.
>
> nancy

http://lifehacker.com/the-best-thing...rsh-1591680306

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet B" > wrote in message
news
> On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 21:17:46 -0500, Nancy Young
> > wrote:
>
>>On 11/5/2015 8:09 PM, sf wrote:
>>> On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 00:52:56 -0800, "Julie Bove"

>>> I'm saying that you need to show your card to get inside the building.

>>No, you don't, not to get to the food court or the bathrooms or
>>the customer service desk.
>>
>>> What's inside is for members or people with gift cards. Show me where
>>> it says otherwise.

>>I just had lunch there a couple of days ago, we walked right in off
>>the street. No one checks for a card. It's different if you want
>>to go to the right, that leads to the merchandise.
>>
>> > I don't use Costco for prescriptions, but I assume
>>> paying for drugs is the same drill as paying for anything else and
>>> yes, you show your card because it's buried inside the store. Maybe
>>> it's different if someone pays cash. I have no idea how that works.
>>> I pay cash at the "food court", so I have no idea how it goes for
>>> charges.

>>You don't need to be a member for hearing aids or prescription
>>or MAYBE optical? Not sure at all about the last one.
>>
>>> OTOH a "food court" located outside the building is open to all.

>>So's the one INSIDE at any Costco I have visited. No one
>>asks for your card. That's what I've been saying.
>>
>>nancy

> You pay for prescriptions at the Pharmacy. No need to run through the
> checkout lines.
> No need for membership card in the Food Court. You pay for your
> purchase there.
> I'm not sure about optical, although you do pay for your purchase in
> optical.
> You do need your ID for the photo area.
> Janet US

Optical for anyone.

http://lifehacker.com/the-best-thing...rsh-1591680306

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 20:59:26 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

> On 11/5/2015 8:09 PM, sf wrote:
>

> > I'm saying that you need to show your card to get inside the building.
> > What's inside is for members or people with gift cards. Show me where
> > it says otherwise. I don't use Costco for prescriptions, but I assume
> > paying for drugs is the same drill as paying for anything else and
> > yes, you show your card because it's buried inside the store. Maybe
> > it's different if someone pays cash. I have no idea how that works.
> > I pay cash at the "food court", so I have no idea how it goes for
> > charges.
> >
> > OTOH a "food court" located outside the building is open to all.
> >

> You do not have to be a member to use the pharmacy.
>
> Non-members may be assessed an additional surcharge. The surcharge does
> not apply to prescription items. Executive Members need to provide a
> membership number to receive credit for their 2% rebate.

Thanks, we get the rebates.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/5/2015 10:06 PM, Janet B wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 21:17:46 -0500, Nancy Young
> > wrote:

>> You don't need to be a member for hearing aids or prescription
>> or MAYBE optical? Not sure at all about the last one.
>>
>>> OTOH a "food court" located outside the building is open to all.

>> So's the one INSIDE at any Costco I have visited. No one
>> asks for your card. That's what I've been saying.

> You pay for prescriptions at the Pharmacy. No need to run through the
> checkout lines.
> No need for membership card in the Food Court. You pay for your
> purchase there.
> I'm not sure about optical, although you do pay for your purchase in
> optical.

I looked around after my post ... you can visit their excellent
opticians (same fee) but you can't buy glasses/etc there. Same
with the hearing aids.

> You do need your ID for the photo area.

I have a feeling that non members have access to the medical
type services because of some law. Could be wrong.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, November 4, 2015 at 7:34:54 PM UTC-6, sf wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 17:48:22 -0500, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
> > I am not sure I would call it a food court, but the one closest to me
> > has place that sells things like hamburgers, hotdogs, soft drinks and
> > soft serve ice cream. It is outside of the checkout lines. I don't think
> > you need to be a member.

> If it's outside the building, then no card is necessary. If it's
> inside the building, you need to be a member.

I know that we used to get pizzas at Sam's, and we weren't members. You just
tell them that you're going to the snack bar, and they let you in. I imagine
it's the same thing with Costco. In Missouri, you can buy alcoholic beverages
at Sam's and Costco w/o a membership, and they are not allowed to upcharge.

> sf

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> On 11/5/2015 10:06 PM, Janet B wrote:
> > On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 21:17:46 -0500, Nancy Young
> > > wrote:

> >> You don't need to be a member for hearing aids or prescription
> >> or MAYBE optical? Not sure at all about the last one.

> >> So's the one INSIDE at any Costco I have visited. No one
> >> asks for your card. That's what I've been saying.

> > You pay for prescriptions at the Pharmacy. No need to run through the
> > checkout lines.
> > No need for membership card in the Food Court. You pay for your
> > purchase there.
> > I'm not sure about optical, although you do pay for your purchase in
> > optical.

> I looked around after my post ... you can visit their excellent
> opticians (same fee) but you can't buy glasses/etc there. Same
> with the hearing aids.
>
> > You do need your ID for the photo area.

> I have a feeling that non members have access to the medical
> type services because of some law. Could be wrong.

These 'pay for a membership' stores (costco, bj's, sam's club)
sound like much more bs than what they are worth, imo.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, November 6, 2015 at 8:56:21 AM UTC-5, MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 4, 2015 at 7:34:54 PM UTC-6, sf wrote:
> > On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 17:48:22 -0500, Dave Smith
> > > wrote:
> >
> > > I am not sure I would call it a food court, but the one closest to me
> > > has place that sells things like hamburgers, hotdogs, soft drinks and
> > > soft serve ice cream. It is outside of the checkout lines. I don't think
> > > you need to be a member.

> > If it's outside the building, then no card is necessary. If it's
> > inside the building, you need to be a member.
> >

> I know that we used to get pizzas at Sam's, and we weren't members. You just
> tell them that you're going to the snack bar, and they let you in. I imagine
> it's the same thing with Costco. In Missouri, you can buy alcoholic beverages
> at Sam's and Costco w/o a membership, and they are not allowed to upcharge.
> >
> > sf

> --Bryan

A little lunch before you and the wife go around back to dumpster dive for old bread?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Nancy Young wrote:
>>
>> On 11/5/2015 10:06 PM, Janet B wrote:
>> > On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 21:17:46 -0500, Nancy Young

>> > You pay for prescriptions at the Pharmacy. No need to run through the
>> > checkout lines.
>> > No need for membership card in the Food Court. You pay for your
>> > purchase there.
>> > I'm not sure about optical, although you do pay for your purchase in
>> > optical.

>> I looked around after my post ... you can visit their excellent
>> opticians (same fee) but you can't buy glasses/etc there. Same
>> with the hearing aids.
>>
>> > You do need your ID for the photo area.

>> I have a feeling that non members have access to the medical
>> type services because of some law. Could be wrong.

> These 'pay for a membership' stores (costco, bj's, sam's club)
> sound like much more bs than what they are worth, imo.

They seem to keep people like you out, which sounds good to me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

taxed and spent wrote:

> "Gary" wrote:
> > These 'pay for a membership' stores (costco, bj's, sam's club)
> > sound like much more bs than what they are worth, imo.

> They seem to keep people like you out, which sounds good to me.

How clever of you to say so.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 06 Nov 2015 10:23:12 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Nancy Young wrote:
>>
>> On 11/5/2015 10:06 PM, Janet B wrote:
>> > On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 21:17:46 -0500, Nancy Young

>> > You pay for prescriptions at the Pharmacy. No need to run through the
>> > checkout lines.
>> > No need for membership card in the Food Court. You pay for your
>> > purchase there.
>> > I'm not sure about optical, although you do pay for your purchase in
>> > optical.

>> I looked around after my post ... you can visit their excellent
>> opticians (same fee) but you can't buy glasses/etc there. Same
>> with the hearing aids.
>>
>> > You do need your ID for the photo area.

>> I have a feeling that non members have access to the medical
>> type services because of some law. Could be wrong.

>These 'pay for a membership' stores (costco, bj's, sam's club)
>sound like much more bs than what they are worth, imo.

For a single person the "membership card" stores are probably not a
good idea. You do not need or care to purchase in the bulk quantities
they offer. Both of my kids are on our Costco account but they are
not on the credit card. I have no idea how much they use theirs.
Except that one of them can get Mexican Coke and he brings a case or
two down when he comes.

--
Susan N.