Old 04-11-2015, 08:19 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default 10 things you didn't know about Costco's food court

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...xS?ocid=msndhp

Old 04-11-2015, 10:45 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/4/2015 3:19 PM, Janet B wrote:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...xS?ocid=msndhp

I have been to a few Costcos, and while I don't often eat there, I
don't think I've ever noticed the food court being on the other side
of the check out lanes ... meaning no one checks to see if you're a
member to get to the food court.

I wonder if it's different in other areas.

nancy
Old 04-11-2015, 10:48 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-11-04 5:45 PM, Nancy Young wrote:

I have been to a few Costcos, and while I don't often eat there, I
don't think I've ever noticed the food court being on the other side
of the check out lanes ... meaning no one checks to see if you're a
member to get to the food court.

I wonder if it's different in other areas.

I am not sure I would call it a food court, but the one closest to me
has place that sells things like hamburgers, hotdogs, soft drinks and
soft serve ice cream. It is outside of the checkout lines. I don't think
you need to be a member.

Old 04-11-2015, 11:55 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 17:45:30 -0500, Nancy Young wrote:

On 11/4/2015 3:19 PM, Janet B wrote:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...xS?ocid=msndhp

I have been to a few Costcos, and while I don't often eat there, I
don't think I've ever noticed the food court being on the other side
of the check out lanes ... meaning no one checks to see if you're a
member to get to the food court.

Costco and Sam's club will let everyone in. I have never had a
problem telling them that I just want to visit the snack bar or look
around and consider a membership.

-sw

Wotta a leech you are.

Steve Wertz - unrepentant woman stalker and total head case begging poor
Omelet to shoot him with a sniper rifle in austin.food:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

Old 05-11-2015, 01:05 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On 11/4/2015 3:19 PM, Janet B wrote:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...xS?ocid=msndhp

I have been to a few Costcos, and while I don't often eat there, I
don't think I've ever noticed the food court being on the other side
of the check out lanes ... meaning no one checks to see if you're a
member to get to the food court.

I wonder if it's different in other areas.

We have both types here. You're familiar with the one that's across
from the checkout counters, inside the building... but we have one
where the food court is a completely different (enclosed) area outside
the building but attached to it like a covered porch is attached to a
house.

--

sf

Old 05-11-2015, 01:27 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 17:48:22 -0500, Dave Smith
wrote:

I am not sure I would call it a food court, but the one closest to me
has place that sells things like hamburgers, hotdogs, soft drinks and
soft serve ice cream. It is outside of the checkout lines. I don't think
you need to be a member.

If it's outside the building, then no card is necessary. If it's
inside the building, you need to be a member.

--

sf
Old 05-11-2015, 01:45 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

I am not sure I would call it a food court, but the one closest to me
has place that sells things like hamburgers, hotdogs, soft drinks and
soft serve ice cream. It is outside of the checkout lines. I don't think
you need to be a member.

If it's outside the building, then no card is necessary. If it's
inside the building, you need to be a member.

I don't think so, no one checks your card if you go that way.
Heck, that's the way you go if you don't have a card and you want one.

nancy

Old 05-11-2015, 01:55 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, November 4, 2015 at 12:19:33 PM UTC-8, Janet B wrote:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...xS?ocid=msndhp

I learned two things I didn't know about the Costco food court: Chicken
bakes include Caesar dressing, and pizzas have tomato sauce applied on
an LP turntable, where the sauce comes from the stylus.
Old 05-11-2015, 02:52 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

I am not sure I would call it a food court, but the one closest to me
has place that sells things like hamburgers, hotdogs, soft drinks and
soft serve ice cream. It is outside of the checkout lines. I don't think
you need to be a member.

If it's outside the building, then no card is necessary. If it's
inside the building, you need to be a member.

I don't think so, no one checks your card if you go that way.
Heck, that's the way you go if you don't have a card and you want one.

You can buy a card online and they are not going to admit the sheer
numbers of people who don't have cards to flip at them that eat at the
outside location.

--

sf
Old 05-11-2015, 03:20 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/4/2015 6:49 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 17:45:30 -0500, Nancy Young wrote:

of the check out lanes ... meaning no one checks to see if you're a
member to get to the food court.

Costco and Sam's club will let everyone in. I have never had a
problem telling them that I just want to visit the snack bar or look
around and consider a membership.

The first time I joined Costco, you had to be part of some
organization that was allowed to shop there. We decided to
check it out, walked in and wandered around.

We had no idea you were supposed to show your card to get in,
ignorance is bliss, I guess, we never noticed the card checker.

No harm, we didn't buy anything or have any samples.

nancy

Old 05-11-2015, 04:59 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
Nobody ever
tackled me and wrestled me to the ground.

-sw

You subhuman SHITHEAD!

Old 05-11-2015, 08:47 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet B" wrote in message
http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...xS?ocid=msndhp

I actually knew most of those things but it's not true that the inside ones
are just for members. If the location has a pharmacy, they have to let
people in to use it. You do not have to be a member to get a prescription.
Also, you can go in the out door and they will never question it as that is
where the customer service is. The inside food courts are located just
inside that door and they do not ask for your membership card there.

Old 05-11-2015, 08:48 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" wrote in message
On 11/4/2015 3:19 PM, Janet B wrote:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...xS?ocid=msndhp

I have been to a few Costcos, and while I don't often eat there, I
don't think I've ever noticed the food court being on the other side
of the check out lanes ... meaning no one checks to see if you're a
member to get to the food court.

I wonder if it's different in other areas.

nancy

The one here in Everett has an outside food court. I think all of the
others have an inside one and I've heard them say that you do not need to
show a card to purchase.

Old 05-11-2015, 08:49 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

I am not sure I would call it a food court, but the one closest to me
has place that sells things like hamburgers, hotdogs, soft drinks and
soft serve ice cream. It is outside of the checkout lines. I don't think
you need to be a member.

If it's outside the building, then no card is necessary. If it's
inside the building, you need to be a member.

Are you telling me that they ask for your card there?

Old 05-11-2015, 08:51 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

I am not sure I would call it a food court, but the one closest to me
has place that sells things like hamburgers, hotdogs, soft drinks and
soft serve ice cream. It is outside of the checkout lines. I don't think
you need to be a member.

If it's outside the building, then no card is necessary. If it's
inside the building, you need to be a member.

I don't think so, no one checks your card if you go that way.
Heck, that's the way you go if you don't have a card and you want one.

No card required here. People have asked. And when our old dance studio
had two locations, one of the teachers had to rush from the one location to
the other around dinner time. She said she sent one of the kids in to buy
whatever they could get the fastest and they ate it on the way. Kids can't
even get a membership card.