Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Forget Survival Food... what about snacks?

Yes, snack boxes delivered to your door!

https://www.graze.com/us/

Sorry, but it sounds pretty silly to me.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 04 Nov 2015 13:49:22 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

> Yes, snack boxes delivered to your door!
>
> https://www.graze.com/us/
>
> Sorry, but it sounds pretty silly to me.

I've actually heard of it. It started in the UK and was launched in
2009. So somebody must like it. Graze might appeal to the under 30
age group of tech workers here in SF who are working mad crazy hours.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> Yes, snack boxes delivered to your door!
>
> https://www.graze.com/us/
>
> Sorry, but it sounds pretty silly to me.

People seem to like them. I get Kitnip boxes. The cats love it when that
arrives and they know it is for them. And if I didn't have food issues, I
might even get those. I love getting surprises. I signed up for cosmetic
boxes to come when I was a teen. I only got 2 or 3 of them then quit
because some of what I got was stuff I'd never use and by then I had so much
perfume, I didn't need to buy any more. When Angela was younger, she was in
a craft of the month club for probably a year. She liked it for a while but
then got too busy with other things to be able to actually do the crafts.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 04 Nov 2015 13:49:22 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> Yes, snack boxes delivered to your door!
>>
>> https://www.graze.com/us/
>>
>> Sorry, but it sounds pretty silly to me.
>>

> I've actually heard of it. It started in the UK and was launched in
> 2009. So somebody must like it. Graze might appeal to the under 30
> age group of tech workers here in SF who are working mad crazy hours.

There's also a candy club and in looking it up, I found this:

http://www.savoryspiceshop.com/spice...=month%20clubs

Here's the candy club:

http://www.candyclub.com/

I think these types of things are great for people who like to try new
things but experience has taught me that you will likely quickly get too
much of certain things. So I really can't see people sticking with them for
any length of time.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 01:16:10 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On Wed, 04 Nov 2015 13:49:22 -0500, jmcquown >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Yes, snack boxes delivered to your door!
> >>
> >> https://www.graze.com/us/
> >>
> >> Sorry, but it sounds pretty silly to me.
> >>

> > I've actually heard of it. It started in the UK and was launched in
> > 2009. So somebody must like it. Graze might appeal to the under 30
> > age group of tech workers here in SF who are working mad crazy hours.

> There's also a candy club and in looking it up, I found this:
>
> http://www.savoryspiceshop.com/spice...=month%20clubs
>
> Here's the candy club:
>
> http://www.candyclub.com/
>
> I think these types of things are great for people who like to try new
> things but experience has taught me that you will likely quickly get too
> much of certain things. So I really can't see people sticking with them for
> any length of time.

I don't think there's anything automatic about Graze. You order it
when you want it and the program learns your preferences by your
feedback.

--

sf

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/4/2015 12:49 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> Yes, snack boxes delivered to your door!
>
> https://www.graze.com/us/
>
> Sorry, but it sounds pretty silly to me.
>
> Jill

That looks very expensive and wasteful to me. The only way I might try
it is if I wanted to take a small gift to someone (a shut-in, for
example). Even there, I think I would prefer to buy some individual
items and make my own gift box.

MaryL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
news
> On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 01:16:10 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message

>> > I've actually heard of it. It started in the UK and was launched in
>> > 2009. So somebody must like it. Graze might appeal to the under 30
>> > age group of tech workers here in SF who are working mad crazy hours.

>> There's also a candy club and in looking it up, I found this:
>>
>> http://www.savoryspiceshop.com/spice...=month%20clubs
>>
>> Here's the candy club:
>>
>> http://www.candyclub.com/
>>
>> I think these types of things are great for people who like to try new
>> things but experience has taught me that you will likely quickly get too
>> much of certain things. So I really can't see people sticking with them
>> for
>> any length of time.

> I don't think there's anything automatic about Graze. You order it
> when you want it and the program learns your preferences by your
> feedback.

Oh. I thought it came monthly. I'll look. It's automatic.

"
You will receive a 8 snack variety box as your first box

You'll get your first box free and your other boxes will cost $11.99 each

graze is a regular service but you can change or stop your orders at any
time. You'll pay per box so you're never tied into ongoing deliveries."