Old 22-10-2015, 07:30 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Study reveals cheese is as addictive as drugs,Cheese is as addictiveas drugs

http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydis...022-story.html

Cheese really is crack. Study reveals cheese is as addictive as drugs
Cheese is as addictive as drugs

According to a new study, cheese is as addictive as certain drugs.
(Eric Boyd / Los Angeles Times)
Jenn HarrisJenn HarrisContact Reporter

For years you've been telling your friends, family, co-workers and
anyone who will listen that you're addicted to cheese. It's a part of
every meal or snack, and you think about it constantly. According to a
new study from the University of Michigan, cheese crack is a real thing.
And so is your addiction.

The study, published in the U.S. National Library of Medicine, examines
why certain foods are more addictive than others. Researchers identified
addictive foods from about 500 students who completed the Yale Food
Addiction Scale, designed to measure if someone has a food addiction.

Pizza, unsurprisingly, came out on top of the most addictive food list.
Besides being a basic food group for kids, college students and adults,
there's a scientific reason we all love pizza, and it has to do with the
cheese.

The study found certain foods are addictive because of the way they are
processed. The more processed and fatty the food, the more it was
associated with addictive eating behaviors.

Cheese happens to be especially addictive because of an ingredient
called casein, a protein found in all milk products. During digestion,
casein releases opiates called casomorphins.
See the most-read stories in Life & Style this hour

"[Casomorphins] really play with the dopamine receptors and trigger that
addictive element," registered dietitian Cameron Wells told Mic.

So there you have it. Your cheese addiction has been validated by
science. This may be better than that time science said your addiction
to Oreos is real. Just maybe.

Old 22-10-2015, 07:45 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, October 22, 2015 at 2:30:18 PM UTC-4, Travis McGee wrote:
http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydis...022-story.html

Cheese happens to be especially addictive because of an ingredient
called casein, a protein found in all milk products. During digestion,
casein releases opiates called casomorphins.
See the most-read stories in Life & Style this hour

"[Casomorphins] really play with the dopamine receptors and trigger that
addictive element," registered dietitian Cameron Wells told Mic.

I suppose that like many addictions, some individuals are more
susceptible than others. I find cheese to be a convenient source
of protein, but I'm not one of those people who feels everything
is better with cheese on it.

Or perhaps I just get my fix with my breakfast glass of milk.

Cindy Hamilton

Old 22-10-2015, 07:55 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, October 22, 2015 at 1:30:18 PM UTC-5, Travis McGee wrote:
[...]

Well, slap me on the ass and call me Jennifer. I *am* one of those milk
product addicts.

--Bryan
Old 22-10-2015, 10:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:
Well, slap me on the ass and call me Jennifer.

Um...no thanks...yeesh...
Old 23-10-2015, 05:32 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,ba.food,rec.food.cooking

On 10/22/2015 9:18 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 14:30:10 -0400, Travis McGee wrote:

http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydis...022-story.html

Cheese really is crack. Study reveals cheese is as addictive as drugs
Cheese is as addictive as drugs

According to a new study, cheese is as addictive as certain drugs.

Talk about really drilling it in. How many times did they have to say
it in their preface to the article? Do I give this article any credit
for appealing to those of who've never had crack?

(Eric Boyd / Los Angeles Times)
Jenn HarrisJenn HarrisContact Reporter

For years you've been telling your friends, family, co-workers and
anyone who will listen that you're addicted to cheese. It's a part of
every meal or snack, and you think about it constantly.

I can't read any more. I've.. got.. to.. get.. me.. some.. CHEESE!
Glorious CHEESE. I just brought home some stinky fermented tofu - the
GRANDADDY OF ALL CHEESES!

Gotta eat me some CHEESE! I'll be back in a few hours once I come
down from the cheese.

-sw

I want your dick cheese big boy!
Love,
--
Barbara J Llorente, 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.

Old 23-10-2015, 12:19 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Travis McGee" wrote in message
[...]

I believe it. That used to be me. I quit eating it when I realized that it
was making me sick. Then when I tested as no longer intolerant, the Dr.
warned me not to try eating it again because of the severe reaction I was
having to it. And I didn't eat it for a very long time.

Then there was the day at Costco. I had purchased two big bags of different
kinds of individual cheese pieces. When we walked outside, it was raining
unusually hard for this area. So we sat at a picnic table and waited. I
became hungry. I ate the cheese! No problems at first. And then within a
few weeks, the problems began again. But I was in denial. Surely cheese
couldn't be the cause of my upset stomach! But then I got tested again, and
it was. I have never had any since.

Old 23-10-2015, 05:28 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 21:32:45 -0700, sf wrote:

--

sf
Old 23-10-2015, 06:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/22/2015 10:18 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
I'll be back in a few hours once I come
down from the cheese.

-sw

Omelet wrote:

He hates me 'cause I never slept with him...

He hates himself because he is all he has to sleep with
I don't know, sometimes he used to seem normal, then he went petty
trough vindictive and now I just shun contact. I have enough crazies to
deal with in my world without encouraging those who refuse to take their
meds.

For the record, I never once even considered sleeping with you. And
you know that. You're the one who somehow got the idea that I was
going to move in with you - and you posted that to RFC just out of the
total blue.

After having met you twice at casual austin.food gatherings 2 or 3
years ago and not giving you any indication that there was any sort of
romantic interest in the least, you somehow twisted that into MY
MOVING IN WITH YOU?

That was just way too Psycho for me. I sat there at stared at the
screen for at least 15 minutes wondering, WTF? That was just way too
spooky. I've met weird, semi-psycho women before but you win, hands
down. Mapi of austin.general still holds the male title, but at least
he announced his psychosis right there lying on the floor of the bar
at B.D. Reilly's rather than romantically obsessing over me for 2
years.

Needless to say, you need to come to terms with what happened and why
your mind works that way and stop making up excuses for your fixation
and disappointment before we become the next Yoli and Michael. I'd
prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

And Jeremy, I was just tired of your decade of bullshit and visions of
grandeur about all these things you're "working on" or have not done
in the past. Even posting a call for meetings with imaginary people
about imaginary projects of yours at "the normal time and place", as
if you are somebody important with a life. I'm pretty sure you're
manic depressive mixed with habitual liar.

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

Old 23-10-2015, 09:33 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/23/2015 4:19 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

[...]

I'd like to know how/why people keep dredging up really old posts to
respond to. The dumber the better, it seems. Unfortunately, given
the current situation in rfc even an old and stupid post like the one
about rfc is better than half the posts here.
--
Barbara J Llorente

WHERE CAN I PURCHASE ILLEGAL DRUGS? Colonel Edmund J. Burke[_13_] General Cooking 0 31-07-2016 02:09 PM
Do drugs Gill Smith General Cooking 0 19-09-2008 10:34 AM
HUMOR - New Drugs for Women itsjoannotjoann General Cooking 3 19-05-2006 03:25 PM
recipe for drugs John Wesley Mexican Cooking 0 18-02-2006 03:19 PM
O.T. Prescription Drugs Sam D. General Cooking 2 26-01-2005 07:28 AM