Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Fish Fingers' 60th Anniversary in the UK (Gdn)

On 10/8/2015 5:02 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 7, 2015 at 9:32:03 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:

>>> He was probably entirely focused on dodging all the cars that were
>>> driving straight at him.
>>>

>> They say Asians are bad drivers but those guys in the UK are insane!
>>
>> But seriously folks, most Americans wouldn't know if they were going 70
>> MPH or 70 KPH. 70 KPH is a purely abstract term to us. 100 KPH sounds
>> like a terrifying high speed.

> No, it doesn't.

Yes it does.

> It sounds about like 62 mph.

Only if your mind is constantly converting numbers.

> I've sometimes got yahoos doing
> that speed on the road I live on, even though the limit is 45 mph.

Non sequitur.

> In practical terms, you look at the posted speed limit, and keep your
> speedometer at or below that limit. Doesn't matter if it says 100 or 25.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

It matters ALL if you are used to one and not the other.

How many incremental social sacrifices will you make to your metric gods
as we go?

Must we re-write all sporting measurement statistics to satisfy the
globalist beats?

Will Denver be the Mile High City, or the couple of Kilometers high city?

Get real.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/8/2015 5:26 AM, MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:
> Topics related to his manhood were addressed. I was angry, and went for
> maximum punishment/deterrence.

That might get you killed one day.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/8/2015 5:52 AM, Gary wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> Do you actually care if it's 70 or 72 F outside?

> I often laugh at the local weather reports. They spend all this time
> telling "neighborhood" temperatures that only vary a few degrees.

So you dislike high degrees of accuracy?

Odd.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/8/2015 5:56 AM, Gary wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>> No, you're not. I'd love to see the U.S. abandon the old system,
>> even if it were just a soft conversion.
>>
>> Isn't plywood thickness actually sized in mm now?

> Not in my area. Still see 1/4", 1/2", 3/4" plywood. I agree that the
> metric is more efficient but it would take several generations to
> change to that in the US.

Oh go on, let dizzy snap her fingers and ignore reality, she's darned
good at it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/8/2015 7:05 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2015-10-07 8:33 PM, Embudo wrote:
>
>>> Am I the only North American who actually likes the metric system and
>>> sees it has being so much easier to understand and to use?
>>>

>> No, but your temperatures are coarsely represented and your speedometers
>> read insanely high.

> The temperature scale is the best part of it. Most people can actually
> detect change of 1 degree C,

Hey no kidding?

You mean they can only grasp a 3degree F change?

Wow.

> and the freezing point involves a dynamic
> change. It makes a lot of sense to have that as a base because water
> freezes and lower temperatures are below freezing

It makes NO sense at all form a diurnal temperature spread basis.

The numbers totally contradict you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/8/2015 7:07 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> I agree that the
>> >metric is more efficient but it would take several generations to
>> >change to that in the US.

> It'll never happen if we don't get started.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

It needn't happen at all as a systemic event.

Temperatures are best expressed in farenheit - period.

End of discussion.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-10-08, Embudo > wrote:

> By imperious mathematical precision the metric system is a poor way to
> grade environmental temperature compared to farenheit - period.

Yep.

I'm comfortable with all metric measurments except temperature.
Farenheit has more granularity and precision than celsius.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/8/2015 7:50 AM, sf wrote:
> When kids our age were taught
> metric, we spent our time with it converting back & forth, which was a
> stupid waste if time and we hated it. Make the switch, think only in
> metric, done. Everybody is happy and the world will live in harmony.
>

> -- sf

How many generations on?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> The most coarse scale to measure human environmental temperatures with.

>> Do you actually care if it's 70 or 72 F outside?
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

> Do you think it sounds warmer at roughly 100 degreesF or 35C?
>
> Do you think the gradation between a 70 degree day and one in the 20s
> expresses with equal granularity that 30 degree temperature spread?
>
> Catch a clue.
>
> By imperious mathematical precision the metric system is a poor way to
> grade environmental temperature compared to farenheit - period.

You spew that as if you think it actually makes sense. Cindy is quite
correct in her comment about people being able to detect a change of
temperature of only one degree Fahrenheit compared to one degree
Celsius. Then there is the matter of having a scale based on the
temperatures at which water changes state since they are significant not
only in the change of state but the amount of heat involved in those
changes.

Temperature is only one factor in our perception of heat. Humidity is
important enough that most weather reports now include wind chill or
"feels like." Very low or very high temperatures are easier to handle in
a dry climate. I found 100 F plus in dry areas of California more
comfortable than mid 80s F around here. It does not take long for most
people to associate the Celsius equivalents with comfort ranges.

> End of discussion.

Too frustrating for you to make a valid argument?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/8/2015 9:51 AM, notbob wrote:
> On 2015-10-08, Embudo > wrote:
>
>> By imperious mathematical precision the metric system is a poor way to
>> grade environmental temperature compared to farenheit - period.

> Yep.
>
> I'm comfortable with all metric measurments except temperature.
> Farenheit has more granularity and precision than celsius.
>
> nb

Thank you, we're in agreement there.

I'm also not willing to surrender the Mile High City, Dwight Yoakam's
"A Million Miles From Nowhere" or "I Can't Drive 55 (kph)" any time soon.

Let someone else foot that bill...

;-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Do you actually care if it's 70 or 72 F outside?
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>

>> Do you think it sounds warmer at roughly 100 degreesF or 35C?
>>
>> Do you think the gradation between a 70 degree day and one in the 20s
>> expresses with equal granularity that 30 degree temperature spread?
>>
>> Catch a clue.
>>
>> By imperious mathematical precision the metric system is a poor way to
>> grade environmental temperature compared to farenheit - period.

> You spew that as if you think it actually makes sense.

You demonize that as if you actually had a precision point to make -
which of course you do not.

I call gish gallop on you.

> Cindy is quite
> correct in her comment about people being able to detect a change of
> temperature of only one degree Fahrenheit compared to one degree
> Celsius.

But she never precisely SAID that, now did she?

Perhaps if you offered up her exact quotation, instead of your own
revisionism...

Know that at the upper and lower end of the two scales it is very common
to experience changes of a degree or three as significant, far more so
than a single degree.

Those are the non-comfort levels, where our bodies quickly react to ver
small changes.

> Then there is the matter of having a scale based on the
> temperatures at which water changes state since they are significant not
> only in the change of state but the amount of heat involved in those
> changes.

Irrelevant to diurnal daily environmental synoptic measures.

> Temperature is only one factor in our perception of heat.

Non sequitur.

> Humidity is
> important enough that most weather reports now include wind chill or
> "feels like."

So?

> Very low or very high temperatures are easier to handle in
> a dry climate.

So?

> I found 100 F plus in dry areas of California more
> comfortable than mid 80s F around here.

So?

The entire continent has varying humidity and temperature regimes.

Each denizen develops interpretations based on their local regime.

Citing this regionalism and local micro-climatology does NOTHING to
erase the 3 for one swap on temperature sensitivity that metric
surrenders to Fahrenheit.

Period.

End of discussion.

> It does not take long for most
> people to associate the Celsius equivalents with comfort ranges.

Yes, you can hoodwink a person into accepting a 3 for one swap on
degrees with alarming ease, if they're royalist serfs anyway.

The rest of us know that a 100degreeF day is a far more expressive
integer tna saying it's 35C.

This is not under rational dispute, never will be.

>> End of discussion.

> Too frustrating for you to make a valid argument?

Too frustrating to have made it and then see servile lackeys like
yourself go into fits of denial.

You LOST, to the numbers.

Lick your wounds and get over it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, October 8, 2015 at 10:16:20 AM UTC-5, Mirrror of TrVth wrote:
> On 10/8/2015 5:26 AM, MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:
>
> >> In practical terms, you look at the posted speed limit, and keep your
> >> speedometer at or below that limit. Doesn't matter if it says 100 or 25.
> >>

> > Very few jurisdictions ticket for less than 10 MPH over. Some rich prick in
> > a fancy convertible was driving about 30 in a 30, in the left lane. There
> > was another car going 30 in the right lane. He did this for several miles,
> > while it was obvious that I (and others) wanted to pass. I ended up next to
> > him (on the right) at a stoplight, and I told him off in front of his
> > children.
> >
> > Topics related to his manhood were addressed. I was angry, and went for
> > maximum punishment/deterrence.

> 'Round these parts you'd take a round to the face if you tried that,
> possibly some spray shooting into the rest of the car.

Glad that I don't live in that ******** part of the country.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, October 8, 2015 at 10:41:35 AM UTC-5, Embudo wrote:
> On 10/8/2015 5:26 AM, MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:
> > Topics related to his manhood were addressed. I was angry, and went for
> > maximum punishment/deterrence.

> That might get you killed one day.

This was a guy who obviously thought that he was on top of the world, with
his expensive convertible. I wouldn't do that to some redneck with a Stars
& Bars flying from his antenna. I was playing very good odds.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/8/2015 10:18 AM, MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:
> On Thursday, October 8, 2015 at 10:41:35 AM UTC-5, Embudo wrote:
>> On 10/8/2015 5:26 AM, MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:
>>> Topics related to his manhood were addressed. I was angry, and went for
>>> maximum punishment/deterrence.

>> That might get you killed one day.

> This was a guy who obviously thought that he was on top of the world, with
> his expensive convertible.

Aw, poor jealous you...

> I wouldn't do that to some redneck with a Stars
> & Bars flying from his antenna. I was playing very good odds.
>
> --Bryan

You're playing a game you will one day lose, odds are against you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> >> The most coarse scale to measure human environmental temperatures with..

> > Do you actually care if it's 70 or 72 F outside?
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> Do you think it sounds warmer at roughly 100 degreesF or 35C?

It doesn't matter how it sounds. I KNOW they're exactly the
same. "Feelings" are for little girls.

> Do you think the gradation between a 70 degree day and one in the 20s
> expresses with equal granularity that 30 degree temperature spread?

Yes, because of real numbers. 30, 30.5, 31, 31.5 (or as arbitrarily
fine gradations as your instrument will measure).

> Catch a clue.
>
> By imperious mathematical precision the metric system is a poor way to
> grade environmental temperature compared to farenheit - period.
>
> End of discussion.

Perhaps you should consider a domain besides the integers.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, October 8, 2015 at 12:10:51 PM UTC-4, Embudo wrote:

> Know that at the upper and lower end of the two scales it is very common
> to experience changes of a degree or three as significant, far more so
> than a single degree.

The lower end of the Celsius scale is -273.15, which is -459.67 F.
Even a 10 degree change (one either scale) wouldn't feel much different.
The upper end is, well, in the millions.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Embudo > wrote:

> On 10/8/2015 9:51 AM, notbob wrote:
> > On 2015-10-08, Embudo > wrote:
> >
> >> By imperious mathematical precision the metric system is a poor way to
> >> grade environmental temperature compared to farenheit - period.

> > Yep.
> >
> > I'm comfortable with all metric measurments except temperature.
> > Farenheit has more granularity and precision than celsius.
> >
> > nb
> >

> Thank you, we're in agreement there.
>
> I'm also not willing to surrender the Mile High City, Dwight Yoakam's
> "A Million Miles From Nowhere" or "I Can't Drive 55 (kph)" any time soon.
>
> Let someone else foot that bill...
>
> ;-)

Or 3.048 decimeter that bill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 08/10/2015 5:56 AM, Gary wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>> No, you're not. I'd love to see the U.S. abandon the old system,
>> even if it were just a soft conversion.
>>
>> Isn't plywood thickness actually sized in mm now?

> Not in my area. Still see 1/4", 1/2", 3/4" plywood. I agree that the
> metric is more efficient but it would take several generations to
> change to that in the US.

It would be less than that. If kids are taught it in school without
converting into footric at the same time, they will only think in metric.
When I moved to Australia almost 45 years ago, the met office announced
that "as of Monday, all temperatures will be given in Celsius." One soon
got used to it by being forced to associate the weather with a
particular number - which is all it is.
Distances and sizes are more difficult to accommodate if one has been
raised in the old system.
In cooking it's a bind because my oven is graduated in Foreignheit,
whereas many of my baking books use Celsius.
Graham
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Embudo > wrote:

> By imperious mathematical precision the metric system is a poor way to
> grade environmental temperature compared to farenheit - period.

They call this The Bwrrryan: http://tinyurl.com/nkwkwvb
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=sr_1_3&sr=8-3

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"graham" > wrote in message
> On 08/10/2015 5:56 AM, Gary wrote:
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>>
>>> No, you're not. I'd love to see the U.S. abandon the old system,
>>> even if it were just a soft conversion.
>>>
>>> Isn't plywood thickness actually sized in mm now?

>> Not in my area. Still see 1/4", 1/2", 3/4" plywood. I agree that the
>> metric is more efficient but it would take several generations to
>> change to that in the US.
>>

> It would be less than that. If kids are taught it in school without
> converting into footric at the same time, they will only think in metric.
> When I moved to Australia almost 45 years ago, the met office announced
> that "as of Monday, all temperatures will be given in Celsius." One soon
> got used to it by being forced to associate the weather with a particular
> number - which is all it is.
> Distances and sizes are more difficult to accommodate if one has been
> raised in the old system.
> In cooking it's a bind because my oven is graduated in Foreignheit,
> whereas many of my baking books use Celsius.

For me too, but I have an online converter.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-10-08 7:56 AM, Gary wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>> No, you're not. I'd love to see the U.S. abandon the old system,
>> even if it were just a soft conversion.
>>
>> Isn't plywood thickness actually sized in mm now?

> Not in my area. Still see 1/4", 1/2", 3/4" plywood. I agree that the
> metric is more efficient but it would take several generations to
> change to that in the US.

How wide are those panels? Are they really 1/4", 1/2" and 3/4". Let me
know if they 2x4s are 2" by 4" because I have not seen a real 2x4 in
years. I guess the story is that they are nominally 2x4 and then
supposedly planed down a bit.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-10-08 2:07 PM, graham wrote:

> It would be less than that. If kids are taught it in school without
> converting into footric at the same time, they will only think in metric.
> When I moved to Australia almost 45 years ago, the met office announced
> that "as of Monday, all temperatures will be given in Celsius." One soon
> got used to it by being forced to associate the weather with a
> particular number - which is all it is.

> Distances and sizes are more difficult to accommodate if one has been
> raised in the old system.

Not really. The trick is to stop converting all the time. In stead of
measuring something in one system and converting it to another, just use
the measurement. It is the converting part that messes people up and
there is usually no need to do that.

> In cooking it's a bind because my oven is graduated in Foreignheit,
> whereas many of my baking books use Celsius.

If you have a modern stove it is factory for Fahrenheit but can be set
to Celsius. If you oven has control knobs they can usually be replaced
with metric scale knobs.

Just thinking of Spinal Tap and the guitar amps fitted with knobs that
go up to 11.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOO5S4vxi0o

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> >> No, but your temperatures are coarsely represented and your speedometers
> >> read insanely high.

> > When I was in the UK, I thought I was going 70 KPH but then I noticed the speedometer was marked in MPH. Boy did I feel like a Mr. Bungle.
> >

> Good thing you weren't on the A5!

I could have been, I was lost most of the time.

I was going the speed limit - the sign said 70 and the speedometer said 70. I was just mistaken with the units. When in doubt, just go as fast as everybody else.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> >> It is perfect for some things, oddly off-kilter for others.
> >>
> >> I enjoy metric sized bolts and such.

> > Automobile repair guys (including me) have been using metric fasteners for decades. Back in the old days, the Japanese cars would use 10, 12, 14, and 16mm bolts. The Italian cars I had would use 13, 15, and 17 mm bolts. The result being that the Italian cars had beefier, more robust, fasteners. I can't say if that's still the case but I always thought that was pretty strange.
> >

> This is very interesting to me and something I have noticed before.
>
> I would guess the Japanese like the numeric efficiency of even numbers.
>
> The Italians I have never understood.

You try to find meaning in the things you observe. I do the exact same thing. Hee hee.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/8/2015 10:14 AM, MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:

>>> Very few jurisdictions ticket for less than 10 MPH over. Some rich prick in
>>> a fancy convertible was driving about 30 in a 30, in the left lane. There
>>> was another car going 30 in the right lane. He did this for several miles,
>>> while it was obvious that I (and others) wanted to pass. I ended up next to
>>> him (on the right) at a stoplight, and I told him off in front of his
>>> children.
>>>
>>> Topics related to his manhood were addressed. I was angry, and went for
>>> maximum punishment/deterrence.

>> 'Round these parts you'd take a round to the face if you tried that,
>> possibly some spray shooting into the rest of the car.
>>

> Glad that I don't live in that ******** part of the country.
>
> --Bryan

Yet under the guise of "Bosco Pelone" you vacationed out here,
rhapsodized about the Pecos valley, then lurked nm.general for quite
some time, perhaps hoping to be accepted by those who weren't aware what
a sicko you truly are.

So let's not for one minute let that naked lie stand, eh?

You're a fraud, Bwyann.

And in the Duke city, or almost anywhere else in the land of
Enchantment, your kind of vehicular micro-aggression would be dealt with
swiftly.

Cope.

Or move over to Ferguson where you belong, turd-head.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>>Am I the only North American who actually likes the metric system and
>>>sees it has being so much easier to understand and to use?

>>LOL. I know a few old coots in Aus that still hate the metric system,
>>it completely baffles me why there would be any resistance to it.
>>
>>I learned firstly imperial and later metric in school, it was a
>>no-brainer as far as I am concerned as to which system is the better
>>and easier one. Imperial, you basically have to learn it by rote, as
>>there no consistency at all. Metric... all you need to know is that it
>>goes up or down by 1, 10, 100, etc. making it so easy. No more '28
>>hogs heads to 1 chain', or whatever...

>It's a dying thing here, my grandchildren down only learned metric in
>school. The supermarkets still put price per pound in small letters
>to help seniors, when looking at some one day it occurred to me if
>they really want to help, surely the pound factor should be in the
>larger print

We also have some persistent inconstancies here too, certain products
such as farm gates are still generally referred to in ft and not
metres.

With heights, I'm still more imperial than metric - I can relate to
6ft but not 188cm so much. Yet for distances I'm metric
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Do you actually care if it's 70 or 72 F outside?
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>

>> Do you think it sounds warmer at roughly 100 degreesF or 35C?

> It doesn't matter how it sounds.

Of course it does, one hears, reads, listens and processes by what is
reported.

Fail.

> I KNOW they're exactly the
> same.

You know _nothing_ of the sort, trust me on that.

>"Feelings" are for little girls.

How un-evolved of you, truly.

You diminish yourself more than you could ever come to accept with
shabby and dismissive rhetoric like that.

Even a 'little girl' can feel the difference between a 3:1 degree
temperature measurement on a hot day.

>> Do you think the gradation between a 70 degree day and one in the 20s
>> expresses with equal granularity that 30 degree temperature spread?

> Yes, because of real numbers.

No, because the SCALE is compressed!

> 30, 30.5, 31, 31.5 (or as arbitrarily
> fine gradations as your instrument will measure).

Cluebat time - they do not report temperature Celsius with decimal point
granularity.

Further, it remains a coarser scale, period, this is not disputable.

>> Catch a clue.
>>
>> By imperious mathematical precision the metric system is a poor way to
>> grade environmental temperature compared to farenheit - period.
>>
>> End of discussion.

> Perhaps you should consider a domain besides the integers.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Perhaps you should admit you went out on a limb and sawed the branch off.

Fail.

For general synoptic daily usage the Fahrenheit scale is far more
expressive than Celsius.

This is an undeniable fact.

Ta.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/8/2015 10:55 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, October 8, 2015 at 12:10:51 PM UTC-4, Embudo wrote:
>
>> Know that at the upper and lower end of the two scales it is very common
>> to experience changes of a degree or three as significant, far more so
>> than a single degree.

> The lower end of the Celsius scale is -273.15, which is -459.67 F.

Yes, so?

Are we measuring diurnal temps on Mars or Earth?

> Even a 10 degree change (one either scale) wouldn't feel much different.

Because you have chosen a frozen state.

> The upper end is, well, in the millions.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

And would be ignition for hominids or other life forms.

Another pathetic non sequitur.

Gawd how you fail, or should I say 'flail'...

Now please, do tender some more Roman-times grade excuses while I make
the popcorn and put my feet back up.

;-)))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/8/2015 11:07 AM, Mark Storkamp wrote:
> In article >, Embudo > wrote:

>>> Yep.
>>>
>>> I'm comfortable with all metric measurments except temperature.
>>> Farenheit has more granularity and precision than celsius.
>>>
>>> nb
>>>

>> Thank you, we're in agreement there.
>>
>> I'm also not willing to surrender the Mile High City, Dwight Yoakam's
>> "A Million Miles From Nowhere" or "I Can't Drive 55 (kph)" any time soon.
>>
>> Let someone else foot that bill...
>>
>> ;-)

> Or 3.048 decimeter that bill

LOL!

Sweet.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/8/2015 12:20 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Embudo > wrote:
>>
>> By imperious mathematical precision the metric system is a poor way to
>> grade environmental temperature compared to farenheit - period.

> They call this The Bwrrryan: http://tinyurl.com/nkwkwvb
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=sr_1_3&sr=8-3

Mercy!

:-)))))))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/8/2015 1:51 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2015-10-08 2:07 PM, graham wrote:
>
>> It would be less than that. If kids are taught it in school without
>> converting into footric at the same time, they will only think in metric.
>> When I moved to Australia almost 45 years ago, the met office announced
>> that "as of Monday, all temperatures will be given in Celsius." One soon
>> got used to it by being forced to associate the weather with a
>> particular number - which is all it is.

>> Distances and sizes are more difficult to accommodate if one has been
>> raised in the old system.

> Not really.

Yes really.

> The trick is to stop converting all the time.

So as a trick then it is, by definition, "more difficult".

> In stead of
> measuring something in one system and converting it to another, just use
> the measurement. It is the converting part that messes people up and
> there is usually no need to do that.

Unless its temperatures.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Automobile repair guys (including me) have been using metric fasteners for decades. Back in the old days, the Japanese cars would use 10, 12, 14, and 16mm bolts. The Italian cars I had would use 13, 15, and 17 mm bolts. The result being that the Italian cars had beefier, more robust, fasteners. I can't say if that's still the case but I always thought that was pretty strange.
>>>

>> This is very interesting to me and something I have noticed before.
>>
>> I would guess the Japanese like the numeric efficiency of even numbers.
>>
>> The Italians I have never understood.

> You try to find meaning in the things you observe. I do the exact same thing. Hee hee.

Yeah, I mean what the heck is a world with no meanings anyway?

I admit I have long been stumped by irregularities like the Trabant and
Russia's Lada (Fiat 124) and the Ural (BMW) boxer twin copy.

;-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 08/10/2015 3:39 PM, Je�us wrote:

>> larger print

> We also have some persistent inconstancies here too, certain products
> such as farm gates are still generally referred to in ft and not
> metres.

That's because farmers always resist change.
Graham

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/8/2015 4:35 PM, graham wrote:
> On 08/10/2015 3:39 PM, Je�us wrote:
>
>>> larger print

>> We also have some persistent inconstancies here too, certain products
>> such as farm gates are still generally referred to in ft and not
>> metres.
>>

> That's because farmers always resist change.
> Graham

That's because mother nature is always throwing meteorological change ta
them.

It's nice to have something consistent when your rain or freezes aren't.

Fish Fingers. RK Diabetic 0 07-11-2005 02:51 PM
Crispy Fish Fingers Duckie ® Recipes 1 17-04-2005 08:14 AM
Crispy Fish Fingers Duckie ® Recipes 0 08-04-2005 12:35 PM
Jacquie's 60th. Ian Hoare Wine 6 18-06-2004 08:25 PM