Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Fish Fingers' 60th Anniversary in the UK (Gdn)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4966973.html

>> > Plus he could make a new wig

>> His hair is totally bizarre, it's hard not to focus on it.
>>
>> Last night (or the wee hours of this morning, gotta love toothaches),
>> I watched a documentary called 'The Dark Side of the Greens'.
>>
>> It was principally about Donald Trump and the disgusting golf course
>> he is building on some of the most unique sand dunes in the UK
>> (Scotland). I was absolutely appalled by his attitude towards the
>> local residents who naturally object to the golf course, calling them
>> "pigs' and all sort of things. He's even suing a 90 year old woman who
>> objected to the golf course. She uses her dishwater to flush her
>> toilet now. It's totally inappropriate to the surrounding
>> environment, but money talks and he's getting his way. Some of the
>> residents no longer even have a water supply due to the work done and
>> he doesnt give a shit. I was *so* angry watching it. It opened my
>> eyes, I knew he was an asshole but this documentary shows just what an
>> arrogant ******* he is. Trust me, it would be the worst mistake
>> America could make to elect him as president. The blowback would be
>> extreme. And he has the gall to object to proposed nearby wind
>> generators, saying they would impact visually on his fvcking golf
>> course! And he's getting his way!

> No, he didn't :-) Your programme must be a year or two out of date.
>Scotland got his measure and cut him down to size.

It was a bit torrent download:
http://forums.mvgroup.org/index.php?showtopic=62891
I erroneously assumed it was current...

> http://www.scotsman.com/news/environ...d-trump-turns-
>his-back-on-scotland-1-3301941

Excellent news

> We've now seen the disparity between his business boasts and reality.
>
> After his flounce, he came crawling back to Turnberry golfcourse,

>but he's had to trim his mouth.

I'll bet. I was appalled by his attitude.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 07 Oct 2015 06:52:54 -0300, wrote:

>On Wed, 07 Oct 2015 11:52:20 +1100, Jeßus > wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 7 Oct 2015 00:41:24 +0100, Janet > wrote:
>>
>>>In article >,

>>>says...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4966973.html

>>> Plus he could make a new wig

>>His hair is totally bizarre, it's hard not to focus on it.
>>
>>Last night (or the wee hours of this morning, gotta love toothaches),
>>I watched a documentary called 'The Dark Side of the Greens'.
>>
>>It was principally about Donald Trump and the disgusting golf course
>>he is building on some of the most unique sand dunes in the UK
>>(Scotland). I was absolutely appalled by his attitude towards the
>>local residents who naturally object to the golf course, calling them
>>"pigs' and all sort of things. He's even suing a 90 year old woman who
>>objected to the golf course. She uses her dishwater to flush her
>>toilet now. It's totally inappropriate to the surrounding
>>environment, but money talks and he's getting his way. Some of the
>>residents no longer even have a water supply due to the work done and
>>he doesnt give a shit. I was *so* angry watching it. It opened my
>>eyes, I knew he was an asshole but this documentary shows just what an
>>arrogant ******* he is. Trust me, it would be the worst mistake
>>America could make to elect him as president. The blowback would be
>>extreme. And he has the gall to object to proposed nearby wind
>>generators, saying they would impact visually on his fvcking golf
>>course! And he's getting his way!

>Lol and yet he sets himself up as being so sensitive to what people in
>general want that if he became President he would ship all refugees
>back where they came from.

Those damned immgrants with their filthy metric system have to go!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/7/2015 5:03 PM, Je�us wrote:
> On Wed, 07 Oct 2015 06:52:54 -0300, wrote:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4966973.html

>>> His hair is totally bizarre, it's hard not to focus on it.
>>>
>>> Last night (or the wee hours of this morning, gotta love toothaches),
>>> I watched a documentary called 'The Dark Side of the Greens'.
>>>
>>> It was principally about Donald Trump and the disgusting golf course
>>> he is building on some of the most unique sand dunes in the UK
>>> (Scotland). I was absolutely appalled by his attitude towards the
>>> local residents who naturally object to the golf course, calling them
>>> "pigs' and all sort of things. He's even suing a 90 year old woman who
>>> objected to the golf course. She uses her dishwater to flush her
>>> toilet now. It's totally inappropriate to the surrounding
>>> environment, but money talks and he's getting his way. Some of the
>>> residents no longer even have a water supply due to the work done and
>>> he doesnt give a shit. I was *so* angry watching it. It opened my
>>> eyes, I knew he was an asshole but this documentary shows just what an
>>> arrogant ******* he is. Trust me, it would be the worst mistake
>>> America could make to elect him as president. The blowback would be
>>> extreme. And he has the gall to object to proposed nearby wind
>>> generators, saying they would impact visually on his fvcking golf
>>> course! And he's getting his way!

>> Lol and yet he sets himself up as being so sensitive to what people in
>> general want that if he became President he would ship all refugees
>> back where they came from.

> Those damned immgrants with their filthy metric system have to go!

Give them an inch and they'll take a mile.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/7/2015 7:07 PM, wrote:

> It's likely a good thing, he won't be tempted to don the kilt now

He might be tempted, though - his mother was a Gaelic-speaker from the
Islands.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 07 Oct 2015 20:07:09 -0300, wrote:

>On Thu, 08 Oct 2015 09:55:26 +1100, Jeßus > wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 7 Oct 2015 14:59:57 +0100, Janet > wrote:
>>
>>>In article >,

>>>says...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4966973.html

>>> No, he didn't :-) Your programme must be a year or two out of date.
>>>Scotland got his measure and cut him down to size.

>>It was a bit torrent download:
>>http://forums.mvgroup.org/index.php?showtopic=62891
>>I erroneously assumed it was current...
>>
>>> http://www.scotsman.com/news/environ...d-trump-turns-
>>>his-back-on-scotland-1-3301941

>>Excellent news
>>
>>> We've now seen the disparity between his business boasts and reality.
>>>
>>> After his flounce, he came crawling back to Turnberry golfcourse,

>>>but he's had to trim his mouth.

>>I'll bet. I was appalled by his attitude.
>>

>It's likely a good thing, he won't be tempted to don the kilt now

What a sight that would be - if you can look away from the rug on his
head

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> >> The most coarse scale to measure human environmental temperatures with..
> >>

> > That's true - it's got 80% more degree points. It's nearly 85 degrees in
> > my office. The building manager said the AC was going to be fixed but
> > that ain't happened yet.
> >
> > OTOH, when I was doing layouts for printing, I gave up trying to figure
> > out what a third of 11" or 8.5" was. I just said screw it, used a metric
> > ruler, and ignored the marking on the paste-up sheet. I may not know how
> > to divide 11 inches but 280mm is as easy as pie.

> It is perfect for some things, oddly off-kilter for others.
>
> I enjoy metric sized bolts and such.

Automobile repair guys (including me) have been using metric fasteners for decades. Back in the old days, the Japanese cars would use 10, 12, 14, and 16mm bolts. The Italian cars I had would use 13, 15, and 17 mm bolts. The result being that the Italian cars had beefier, more robust, fasteners. I can't say if that's still the case but I always thought that was pretty strange.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 7 Oct 2015 17:48:33 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>When I was in the UK, I thought I was going 70 KPH but then I noticed the speedometer was marked in MPH. Boy did I feel like a Mr. Bungle.

You couldn't tell the difference without looking at the speedo?
Either it's just a fabrication, or you shouldn't be behind the wheel
of a car.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 07/10/2015 5:41 PM, MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:

> Next time you consider voting Republican, perhaps you should read--
> http://www.amazon.com/The-Handmaids-.../dp/1480560103

She has the most monotonous, droning voice and when I read anything of
hers, that voice comes through - so I don't read her books anymore!
Graham

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/7/2015 3:13 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Oct 2015 11:56:32 +1100, Jeßus > wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 7 Oct 2015 17:48:33 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> When I was in the UK, I thought I was going 70 KPH but then I noticed the speedometer was marked in MPH. Boy did I feel like a Mr. Bungle.

>> You couldn't tell the difference without looking at the speedo?
>> Either it's just a fabrication, or you shouldn't be behind the wheel
>> of a car.

> He was probably entirely focused on dodging all the cars that were
> driving straight at him.

They say Asians are bad drivers but those guys in the UK are insane!

But seriously folks, most Americans wouldn't know if they were going 70
MPH or 70 KPH. 70 KPH is a purely abstract term to us. 100 KPH sounds
like a terrifying high speed.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> That's true - it's got 80% more degree points. It's nearly 85 degrees in
>>> my office. The building manager said the AC was going to be fixed but
>>> that ain't happened yet.
>>>
>>> OTOH, when I was doing layouts for printing, I gave up trying to figure
>>> out what a third of 11" or 8.5" was. I just said screw it, used a metric
>>> ruler, and ignored the marking on the paste-up sheet. I may not know how
>>> to divide 11 inches but 280mm is as easy as pie.

>> It is perfect for some things, oddly off-kilter for others.
>>
>> I enjoy metric sized bolts and such.

> Automobile repair guys (including me) have been using metric fasteners for decades. Back in the old days, the Japanese cars would use 10, 12, 14, and 16mm bolts. The Italian cars I had would use 13, 15, and 17 mm bolts. The result being that the Italian cars had beefier, more robust, fasteners. I can't say if that's still the case but I always thought that was pretty strange.

This is very interesting to me and something I have noticed before.

I would guess the Japanese like the numeric efficiency of even numbers.

The Italians I have never understood.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, October 7, 2015 at 9:32:03 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On 10/7/2015 3:13 PM, Bruce wrote:
> > On Thu, 08 Oct 2015 11:56:32 +1100, Jeßus > wrote:

> >> You couldn't tell the difference without looking at the speedo?
> >> Either it's just a fabrication, or you shouldn't be behind the wheel
> >> of a car.

> > He was probably entirely focused on dodging all the cars that were
> > driving straight at him.
> >

> They say Asians are bad drivers but those guys in the UK are insane!
>
> But seriously folks, most Americans wouldn't know if they were going 70
> MPH or 70 KPH. 70 KPH is a purely abstract term to us. 100 KPH sounds
> like a terrifying high speed.

No, it doesn't. It sounds about like 62 mph. I've sometimes got yahoos doing
that speed on the road I live on, even though the limit is 45 mph.

In practical terms, you look at the posted speed limit, and keep your
speedometer at or below that limit. Doesn't matter if it says 100 or 25.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, October 8, 2015 at 6:02:59 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 7, 2015 at 9:32:03 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:

> > > He was probably entirely focused on dodging all the cars that were
> > > driving straight at him.
> > >

> > They say Asians are bad drivers but those guys in the UK are insane!
> >
> > But seriously folks, most Americans wouldn't know if they were going 70
> > MPH or 70 KPH. 70 KPH is a purely abstract term to us. 100 KPH sounds
> > like a terrifying high speed.

> No, it doesn't. It sounds about like 62 mph. I've sometimes got yahoos doing
> that speed on the road I live on, even though the limit is 45 mph.
>
> In practical terms, you look at the posted speed limit, and keep your
> speedometer at or below that limit. Doesn't matter if it says 100 or 25.

Very few jurisdictions ticket for less than 10 MPH over. Some rich prick in
a fancy convertible was driving about 30 in a 30, in the left lane. There
was another car going 30 in the right lane. He did this for several miles,
while it was obvious that I (and others) wanted to pass. I ended up next to
him (on the right) at a stoplight, and I told him off in front of his
children.

Topics related to his manhood were addressed. I was angry, and went for
maximum punishment/deterrence.

> Cindy Hamilton

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Shoot, the entire Middle East has been a mess since the Romans
> got involved, if not earlier. There's no fixing it; there's
> no breaking it.

You've got that right.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> Do you actually care if it's 70 or 72 F outside?

I often laugh at the local weather reports. They spend all this time
telling "neighborhood" temperatures that only vary a few degrees.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> No, you're not. I'd love to see the U.S. abandon the old system,
> even if it were just a soft conversion.
>
> Isn't plywood thickness actually sized in mm now?

Not in my area. Still see 1/4", 1/2", 3/4" plywood. I agree that the
metric is more efficient but it would take several generations to
change to that in the US.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-10-07 8:33 PM, Embudo wrote:

>> Am I the only North American who actually likes the metric system and
>> sees it has being so much easier to understand and to use?
>>

> No, but your temperatures are coarsely represented and your speedometers
> read insanely high.

The temperature scale is the best part of it. Most people can actually
detect change of 1 degree C, and the freezing point involves a dynamic
change. It makes a lot of sense to have that as a base because water
freezes and lower temperatures are below freezing

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, October 8, 2015 at 7:55:59 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > No, you're not. I'd love to see the U.S. abandon the old system,
> > even if it were just a soft conversion.
> >
> > Isn't plywood thickness actually sized in mm now?

> Not in my area. Still see 1/4", 1/2", 3/4" plywood.

Well, 3/4" plywood is now 23/32, but that's probably because everything
has been cheapened.

> I agree that the
> metric is more efficient but it would take several generations to
> change to that in the US.

It'll never happen if we don't get started.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 8 Oct 2015 06:07:16 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

> On Thursday, October 8, 2015 at 7:55:59 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> > Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > >
> > > No, you're not. I'd love to see the U.S. abandon the old system,
> > > even if it were just a soft conversion.
> > >
> > > Isn't plywood thickness actually sized in mm now?

> > Not in my area. Still see 1/4", 1/2", 3/4" plywood.

> Well, 3/4" plywood is now 23/32, but that's probably because everything
> has been cheapened.
>
> > I agree that the
> > metric is more efficient but it would take several generations to
> > change to that in the US.

> It'll never happen if we don't get started.

It's been started for at least 30 years. AFAIC, just make the damn
change... converting from one to the other is pure torture and that's
where a major part of the problem lies. When kids our age were taught
metric, we spent our time with it converting back & forth, which was a
stupid waste if time and we hated it. Make the switch, think only in
metric, done. Everybody is happy and the world will live in harmony.

--

sf

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Thursday, October 8, 2015 at 7:55:59 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> > Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > >
> > > No, you're not. I'd love to see the U.S. abandon the old system,
> > > even if it were just a soft conversion.
> > >
> > > Isn't plywood thickness actually sized in mm now?

> > Not in my area. Still see 1/4", 1/2", 3/4" plywood.

> Well, 3/4" plywood is now 23/32, but that's probably because everything
> has been cheapened.
>
> > I agree that the
> > metric is more efficient but it would take several generations to
> > change to that in the US.

> It'll never happen if we don't get started.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Personally, I don't have any problem with the anti-metric system.
Guess it's just what you grew up with.

That said, I still like real paper books too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/7/2015 1:42 PM, MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:
> On Monday, October 5, 2015 at 7:01:34 PM UTC-5, Mirrror of TrVth wrote:
>> On 10/5/2015 4:52 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>>> Unfortunately they're kinda tasteless.

>> Just like YOU, dwarf.
>>

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freaks...eaksPoster.jpg
>
> Can a giantly obese woman do it with a guy who's kinda short?
>
> --Bryan

Are you volunteering to find out?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/8/2015 5:26 AM, MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:

>> In practical terms, you look at the posted speed limit, and keep your
>> speedometer at or below that limit. Doesn't matter if it says 100 or 25.
>>

> Very few jurisdictions ticket for less than 10 MPH over. Some rich prick in
> a fancy convertible was driving about 30 in a 30, in the left lane. There
> was another car going 30 in the right lane. He did this for several miles,
> while it was obvious that I (and others) wanted to pass. I ended up next to
> him (on the right) at a stoplight, and I told him off in front of his
> children.
>
> Topics related to his manhood were addressed. I was angry, and went for
> maximum punishment/deterrence.

'Round these parts you'd take a round to the face if you tried that,
possibly some spray shooting into the rest of the car.

You ain't smart at all, for such a jealous class warrior.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/8/2015 7:50 AM, sf wrote:
> Make the switch, think only in
> metric, done. Everybody is happy and the world will live in harmony.
>

> -- sf

In which parallel universe would that ever be reality?

Fish Fingers. RK Diabetic 0 07-11-2005 01:51 PM
Crispy Fish Fingers Duckie ® Recipes 1 17-04-2005 08:14 AM
Crispy Fish Fingers Duckie ® Recipes 0 08-04-2005 12:35 PM
Jacquie's 60th. Ian Hoare Wine 6 18-06-2004 08:25 PM