Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Old fashioned elegant dining.

"cshenk" > wrote in message
> Ed Pawlowski wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>> > What that restaurant does with their menus, isn't 'special
>> > attention'. It's patronizing.
>> >

>> Thanks. I'll tell my wife and Susan they've been patronized. They'll
>> get a laugh out of it.

> Umm, best to NOT take the 'ladies you hired (for real work, not some
> joke)' to those places ok? Trust me.
>
> Being old-time polite feeling can backfire and this is a big one.

Could you imagine some sort of business lunch in a place like that? Now
neither my dad who is no longer with us nor my husband would be considered
feminists but even they have been offended at places like that where there
is no price on the menus for females.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/22/2015 10:16 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> I'm not! My mom just hates flowers and perfume. Woe be to someone who
> tries to hand her one or spray her with a scent!

Spray a scent yes, wrong. To try to hand someone a simple gift just
requires a polite "no thank you". Anything more is uncouth and ignorant.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 19:20:38 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> I feel sorry for her. She says she would *never* feel comfortable eating
>> "from a place like that". Wow. Meaning a place with table cloths and
>> napkins and actual plates? Sorry, that just sounds sad.
>>
>> What a limited view she seems to have of the world.

>No. Meaning a place that in my opinion treats women like second class
>citizens.

Which is why you persisted in getting your gas from the sexist gas
station, you know - the one that you told us didn't allow women to
pump their own gas? Don't even try the excuse that there wasn't
anywhere else to go, because it makes no sense.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "Janet B" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 15:14:23 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>> She would either throw it back at them or jump back in horror. She hates
>>> flowers. Except for certain specific ones that are grown outside and left
>>> outside.

>> Even a real feminist has good manners. Gloria Steinem would never
>> behave in such a fashion. Don't use feminism as an excuse for having
>> no manners and no social nous.

> I'm not! My mom just hates flowers and perfume. Woe be to someone who
> tries to hand her one or spray her with a scent!

Which has not one thing to do with the subject of this thread. Regardless,
the problem in this situation you used to hijack this thread is not the
flower giver or perfume sprayer, but your mother. Your mother is a boor.
--
jinx the minx
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 19:16:31 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Janet B" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 15:14:23 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>>She would either throw it back at them or jump back in horror. She hates
>>>flowers. Except for certain specific ones that are grown outside and left
>>>outside.

>> Even a real feminist has good manners. Gloria Steinem would never
>> behave in such a fashion. Don't use feminism as an excuse for having
>> no manners and no social nous.

>I'm not! My mom just hates flowers and perfume. Woe be to someone who
>tries to hand her one or spray her with a scent!

I hate mushrooms with a passion. I despise them. They taste like mold.

But if I'm eating out somewhere and mushrooms are served to me
unexpectedly, I'll discreetly move them to one side and try to eat the
rest of the dish without calling attention to it.

I would not throw the mushrooms back at the person who served them to
me, nor would I jump back in horror.

That would be showing really bad manners. It would also be acting like
a three-year-old.

Doris

Posted to rec.food.cooking

>On 9/22/2015 6:47 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> > wrote in message

>>> If someone should be stupid enough to treat your sorry butt
>>> to dinner, why do YOU need to see the prices??

>> I have said it repeatedly. I find it rude to order the most expensive
>> thing on the menu. Someone *does* take me to lunch quite often. I
>> order either beans and rice, beans rice and tortillas or oatmeal and
>> bacon. Once in a while I will add a salad. Not usually.

Oatmeal and bacon? I don't believe I've ever seen that on a lunch
menu.

Doris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 19:19:42 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Doris Night" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 15:15:09 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>>So, taking something that you will know will cause you an asthma attack is
>>>ungrateful?

>> How about simply saying "I'm allergic to roses. Please keep it away."
>>
>> Note the use of the word "Please."

>Why would she lie? She's not allergic to roses.

OK, she could say "Roses cause my asthma to flare up."

It is an easily understandable reason for wishing the roses to go
away. It's a polite way to get out of a situation that could become
uncomfortable. It's a way of handling things so that others are not
embarrassed.

Doris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>> it's an >>>>>> 1800s theme restaurant where men are kings and women
>> are their >>>>>> ornamental poodles.

>> > Trust me, I was/am completely into women's lib - even served in the
>> > 70s on the Task Force for Women, my main theme was getting equal
>> > pensions or at least equal pension contributions for women. Just
>> > today I really cut the dirt out from under one particular males feet
>> > after he said 'Well I think you are wrong' and knowing I wasn't I
>> > told him I didn't give a flying **** what he thought. Should have
>> > seen him, I don't think he even realised I knew words like that
>> >
>> > I think Ed knew the restaurant he was taking his wife and guest to,
>> > liked it and they all enjoyed it. I would not feel badly that I
>> > had a different menu but if I was taking a guest there, I would
>> > phone ahead and tell them I was the one who wanted to receive one
>> > with prices. That I want to be the one who receives the bill. No
>> > probs that I can see, I don't see it as a male/female issue but
>> > more payer and recipients.

>> The menu with prices goes to the man by default. A restaurant
>> shouldn't interfere like that. Or have such a gender bias.

>I can go with 2 views wth that post.
>
>1) they should not assume if it's a couple
>2) they should expect the menus to swap at need and so should you
>
>The MAN is not always the one that pays. Most sensible people ust
>shift the enu at need to fit but I havent seen a 'mans menu with prices
>and her's not' in a very long time.
>
>Today, I would probably swap menus but never go back to that place with
>sexist menus ever again. Point blank. I would never go back.
>
> Carol

But he didn't ask for everyone's view on sexism. He shared a pleasant
experience he had. He knew where he was going and apparently so did
his guests. This is rude to attack his way of entertaining guests.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/22/2015 10:48 PM, Doris Night wrote:

> Oatmeal and bacon? I don't believe I've ever seen that on a lunch
> menu.
>
> Doris

You go to the wrong places. All the better French restaurants have it.
We went to Le Grain and Pig. It was $12 for women, but $19 for men.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/22/2015 11:05 PM, Janet B wrote:

> But he didn't ask for everyone's view on sexism. He shared a pleasant
> experience he had. He knew where he was going and apparently so did
> his guests. This is rude to attack his way of entertaining guests.
> Janet US

But this is what RFC has devolved to. I'm just glad there are still
some participants that enjoy a good discussion.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 9/22/2015 6:47 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> > wrote in message

>>> If someone should be stupid enough to treat your sorry butt
>>> to dinner, why do YOU need to see the prices??

>> I have said it repeatedly. I find it rude to order the most expensive
>> thing on the menu. Someone *does* take me to lunch quite often. I
>> order either beans and rice, beans rice and tortillas or oatmeal and
>> bacon. Once in a while I will add a salad. Not usually.

> IOW, you get taken out to eat cheap food at cheap places.

No.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

>>> I have said it repeatedly. I find it rude to order the most expensive
>>> thing on the menu. Someone *does* take me to lunch quite often. I
>>> order either beans and rice, beans rice and tortillas or oatmeal and
>>> bacon. Once in a while I will add a salad. Not usually.

> Oatmeal and bacon? I don't believe I've ever seen that on a lunch
> menu.

It's not. There are a couple of places that cater to seniors and they do
breakfast all day. There isn't much on a lunch menu that I can eat.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doris Night" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 19:19:42 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Doris Night" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 15:15:09 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>>> How about simply saying "I'm allergic to roses. Please keep it away."
>>>
>>> Note the use of the word "Please."

>>Why would she lie? She's not allergic to roses.

> OK, she could say "Roses cause my asthma to flare up."
>
> It is an easily understandable reason for wishing the roses to go
> away. It's a polite way to get out of a situation that could become
> uncomfortable. It's a way of handling things so that others are not
> embarrassed.

Yeah, well maybe that is how you were raised to live your life. Clearly, I
was not. That doesn't make my way wrong either.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Tuesday, September 22, 2015 at 1:04:54 PM UTC-5, Jinx the Minx wrote:
>> Sqwertz > wrote:

>> > What would she do, throw it onto the floor and grind on it with her
>> > heel?
>> >
>> > -sw

>> Like mother, like daughter. Ungratefulness at its finest.
>> --
>> jinx the minx
>>

> High 5!!!

Why would one be grateful for something they didn't want to begin with?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message

>> I can go with 2 views wth that post.
>>
>> 1) they should not assume if it's a couple
>> 2) they should expect the menus to swap at need and so should you
>>
>> The MAN is not always the one that pays. Most sensible people ust
>> shift the enu at need to fit but I havent seen a 'mans menu with prices
>> and her's not' in a very long time.
>>
>> Today, I would probably swap menus but never go back to that place with
>> sexist menus ever again. Point blank. I would never go back.
>>
>> Carol
>>

> By today's standards it may be sexist, but in this case it is someone that
> does not easily keep up with changes like that. When the opened years ago
> it was quite acceptable and probably still is to many of the patrons.
>
> The style of dining they offer is rare these days too. Unless there is
> another generation to take over, it will probably be closed in a few years
> if the owner retires. How many places today will let you occupy a table
> for 2 1/2 hours?

Quite a few, here. Here being any place I have lived in WA.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 19:20:38 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>"jmcquown" > wrote in message
>>> I feel sorry for her. She says she would *never* feel comfortable
>>> eating
>>> "from a place like that". Wow. Meaning a place with table cloths and
>>> napkins and actual plates? Sorry, that just sounds sad.
>>>
>>> What a limited view she seems to have of the world.

>>No. Meaning a place that in my opinion treats women like second class
>>citizens.

> Which is why you persisted in getting your gas from the sexist gas
> station, you know - the one that you told us didn't allow women to
> pump their own gas? Don't even try the excuse that there wasn't
> anywhere else to go, because it makes no sense.

Well there certainly wasn't one anywhere near where I lived or went. That
*was* the only one.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> it's an >>>>>> 1800s theme restaurant where men are kings and women
>>> are their >>>>>> ornamental poodles.

>>> The menu with prices goes to the man by default. A restaurant
>>> shouldn't interfere like that. Or have such a gender bias.

>>I can go with 2 views wth that post.
>>
>>1) they should not assume if it's a couple
>>2) they should expect the menus to swap at need and so should you
>>
>>The MAN is not always the one that pays. Most sensible people ust
>>shift the enu at need to fit but I havent seen a 'mans menu with prices
>>and her's not' in a very long time.
>>
>>Today, I would probably swap menus but never go back to that place with
>>sexist menus ever again. Point blank. I would never go back.
>>
>> Carol

> But he didn't ask for everyone's view on sexism. He shared a pleasant
> experience he had. He knew where he was going and apparently so did
> his guests. This is rude to attack his way of entertaining guests.
> Janet US

He actually did mention that some would find it sexist.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/22/2015 6:09 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 9/22/2015 3:11 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>

>>> Why? Is it important they know how much you are paying? If I was to
>>> return with guests I'm taking to dinner, I'd want everyone else to
>>> have no prices. Order and enjoy, don't worry about the cost, that is
>>> my job.

>> Because a lot of females would be offended to see a menu like that. And
>> some males would too! I can remember my dad complaining bitterly about
>> some place that he took my mom to that had no prices on the women's
>> menu. Stuff like that just doesn't go over very well here. And by
>> here, I mean any place I have lived in Washington state.

> It is nut just about gender, it is guest/host. I'd not take people to a
> place if I didn't think I could afford it.

That's pretty much what I said, Ed. In the case of your restaurant I'd
say it has old world ambiance, good choice! I wouldn't take it
personally or turn it into a feminist issue if I didn't get prices on my
menu. I probably would have tried to find the menu and prices online
before we went there.

Some people seem to take exception. The words "Old fashioned" and
"elegant" in the subject line are, to me, self-explanatory.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/22/2015 10:21 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Bruce" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 19:26:32 -0400, jmcquown >
>> wrote:

>>> Some people may call this Julie "bullying". Wrong. It's a given she
>>> could never enjoy the food.
>>>
>>> I feel sorry for her. She says she would *never* feel comfortable
>>> eating "from a place like that". Wow. Meaning a place with table
>>> cloths and napkins and actual plates? Sorry, that just sounds sad.

>> The context was a place where women are patronized.

> Jill doesn't get it because I guess she likes places like that. To each
> their own.

I don't get your point of view because I don't consider that type of old
world style dining "patronizing". It's historical.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 9/22/2015 10:16 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>

>> I'm not! My mom just hates flowers and perfume. Woe be to someone who
>> tries to hand her one or spray her with a scent!

> Spray a scent yes, wrong. To try to hand someone a simple gift just
> requires a polite "no thank you". Anything more is uncouth and ignorant.

+1

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote:
> > wrote in message

>>> Like mother, like daughter. Ungratefulness at its finest.
>>> -- >> jinx the minx
>>>

>> High 5!!!

> Why would one be grateful for something they didn't want to begin with?

Why don't you regale us then with an example of how your mother (or you,
for that matter) would handle that situation. How exactly would the giver
"live to regret it"?
--
jinx the minx
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 9/22/2015 10:21 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Bruce" > wrote in message

>>> The context was a place where women are patronized.

>> Jill doesn't get it because I guess she likes places like that. To each
>> their own.

> I don't get your point of view because I don't consider that type of old
> world style dining "patronizing". It's historical.

Not really. By that same token, they could deny blacks entrance. See?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 23 Sep 2015 03:20:25 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 15:15:09 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Like mother, like daughter. Ungratefulness at its finest.

>> So, taking something that you will know will cause you an asthma attack is
>> ungrateful?

"Why would she lie? She's not allergic to roses"

She's "not allergic" to roses, but is in danger of an asthma attack
from roses??

>I don't believe your mother is allergic to roses one bit. That was
>not the context in which you introduced the situation. You lie,
>Julie.

She does indeed. WHY is the big question...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 20:57:48 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Jeßus" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 19:20:38 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>>No. Meaning a place that in my opinion treats women like second class
>>>citizens.

>> Which is why you persisted in getting your gas from the sexist gas
>> station, you know - the one that you told us didn't allow women to
>> pump their own gas? Don't even try the excuse that there wasn't
>> anywhere else to go, because it makes no sense.

>Well there certainly wasn't one anywhere near where I lived or went. That
>*was* the only one.

That is patently untrue Julie. I've never been to Washington. But I DO
know enough to know millions of people live in the state of
Washington. You've never mentioned anything about living in a remote
area before (so we can discount that possibility). And you're trying
to tell me there was only *one* gas station in your area? It's a
ridiculous claim on the face of it.

The nearest city to me is Launceston (population a mere 100,000), and
there are at least 14 gas stations there... and that's just off the
top of my head.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 23 Sep 2015 03:36:30 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 15:12:49 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> <shaking head> You're incredible, Julie. Do you feel the same way
>>> when you use all those coupons you're always bragging about?

>> What coupons am I always bragging about? I rarely get any coupons. I even
>> stopped taking the newspaper because they quit putting them in there.

>Don't EVEN try and say you don't use coupons. That would be really
>foolish of you.

I think that comment of yours will be regarded as CHALLENGE ACCEPTED
by Julie. <G>

>You're psychotic, plain and simple.

Well, there's certainly _something_ very wrong.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
news
> On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 20:57:48 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Jeßus" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 19:20:38 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>>> Which is why you persisted in getting your gas from the sexist gas
>>> station, you know - the one that you told us didn't allow women to
>>> pump their own gas? Don't even try the excuse that there wasn't
>>> anywhere else to go, because it makes no sense.

>>Well there certainly wasn't one anywhere near where I lived or went. That
>>*was* the only one.

> That is patently untrue Julie. I've never been to Washington. But I DO
> know enough to know millions of people live in the state of
> Washington. You've never mentioned anything about living in a remote
> area before (so we can discount that possibility). And you're trying
> to tell me there was only *one* gas station in your area? It's a
> ridiculous claim on the face of it.

This wasn't in Washington. I buy my gas at Costco here. Three different
stations. This was on Staten Island. Yes, there was another gas station
that I knew of on Hylan Blvd. My dad got gas there once when he was
visiting. I had no need to get out that way with the few exceptions of when
I had to go to the elementary school and I did not need gas then. I did not
go out much on Staten Island except to drive my daughter to and from Pre-K.
And by go out, I mean venturing much beyond the gates of the military
housing where I lived. There was a little grocery store. Not a super
market but an old time grocery store that I could shop at. That was across
the street from the dance studio. My hairdresser was near these two places.
And we did have a little store on base where I could get a few frozen foods,
canned soup and if I timed it right, egg, milk and bread. They were
frequently out of those things.

Out the other gate was the grocery store, Family Dollar and CVS pharmacy. I
made do at all of those places to buy whatever I needed in between trips
elsewhere. I bought most of my groceries either at the Brookyln Army base or
in PA. My husband drove to both of those places.

I mainly stayed put because I couldn't afford to buy much at the stores
there. Prices were just too high. And I wasn't on disability yet so we had
to make do with one income. I also couldn't afford to waste any gas. So I
really only went out if I had to.

Oh and pretty much all of the restaurants delivered. Most of my neighbors
bought little from the grocery store and just relied on food delivery. We
did not get it that often but we did get it perhaps 3-8 times per month.
Most of the available food was either pizza/Italian or Chinese. There were
two chicken places that delivered and one delivered to where we lived.

> The nearest city to me is Launceston (population a mere 100,000), and
> there are at least 14 gas stations there... and that's just off the
> top of my head.

Yeah, well... You are so waaaay off base here that it isn't even funny!

When I was a kid, we had two gas stations within walking distance of our
house. Then one became a KFC. No matter. The other was still there and if
you went up one more block, there was another one. By the time I was
driving, those two were still there. But then one day they weren't! I can
remember my dad really complaining because there was nowhere for him to buy
gas. Nowhere within a couple of blocks of his house. When you are used to
having something right there and convenient, you don't want to have to
venture far out to have to get gas. And he couldn't stop on his way home
from work because he was in a vanpool then, so didn't have his vehicle.

There are two stations now that are within 1-2 miles of that house. I'm
sure that a lot of people would think that was convenient. But if there is
nothing else in that area that is of interest and you have to drive
specifically to get gas, that's no good!

In this house, we have two stations that would be within walking distance to
an able bodied person. I rarely ever go to them. Costco is cheaper. I
only need to fill my car up every two weeks, most of the time and for sure I
will be going to one of the Costco's by then.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 19:17:48 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> "Jeßus" > wrote in message

>>> From: "Julie Bove" >
>>> Subject: Why canned food is not as good as fresh
>>> Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 00:08:31 -0700
>>>
>>> "Food is not a joyous experience and I don't think it should be. We
>>> eat because we have to eat. Sure, some things taste better than
>>> others. But to me, food isn't a party."
>>>
>>> My recollection was entirely accurate. Looking forward to yet another
>>> of your absurd denials

>> But that was a part of something else. I have no clue what it was even
>> in
>> reference to.

> That looks to be a pretty self-contained and concise statement. It
> sums up everything you stand for even without your argument that it
> wasn't in context.

Well, no. I know that I would never have just made that post. That was
obviously in relation to something else that someone said. But what, I
don't know.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 15:15:09 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Like mother, like daughter. Ungratefulness at its finest.

>> So, taking something that you will know will cause you an asthma attack
>> is
>> ungrateful?

> I don't believe your mother is allergic to roses one bit. That was
> not the context in which you introduced the situation. You lie,
> Julie.

She's not allergic to them. I said that she wasn't. Allergies and asthma
are not the same thing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 23 Sep 2015 03:20:25 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:

>>> So, taking something that you will know will cause you an asthma attack
>>> is
>>> ungrateful?

> "Why would she lie? She's not allergic to roses"
>
> She's "not allergic" to roses, but is in danger of an asthma attack
> from roses??
>
>>I don't believe your mother is allergic to roses one bit. That was
>>not the context in which you introduced the situation. You lie,
>>Julie.

> She does indeed. WHY is the big question...

And again... Allergies and asthma are not the same thing. I don't know
much about asthma. I don't have it. I just know that she can't be around
certain things. Flowers indoors are one. She can't go into used book
stores either or places that sell antiques. And she has problems with a
variety of scents.

My nephew used to have exercise induced asthma. He has outgrown that. Was
not an allergy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 17:24:04 -0600, Janet B wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 15:14:23 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>She would either throw it back at them or jump back in horror. She hates
>>>flowers. Except for certain specific ones that are grown outside and
>>>left
>>>outside.

>> Even a real feminist has good manners. Gloria Steinem would never
>> behave in such a fashion. Don't use feminism as an excuse for having
>> no manners and no social nous.

> Nor allergies. Her mother is not allergic to roses.
>
> It's really sad that not only has Julie painted her whole immediate
> family as social degenerates, but now she's stepping it up to the
> parents, too.

I most certainly have not painted them that way at all. People here take
what I say and make it into something nasty. It's sickening.

I also disagree with the way some people here live their lives. I think it
is pathetic to do what they do. And I will say so when I see them post of
some of these things. I am never embarrassed to speak my mind.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 19:16:31 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> I'm not! My mom just hates flowers and perfume. Woe be to someone who
>> tries to hand her one or spray her with a scent!

> So she's not allergic. She just hates them. Just like you're
> supposedly allergic to all sorts of shit but in reality you just hate
> stuff. You hate everything. You have a treasure chest full of
> excuses to hate everything. And then you project your hatred into
> your own family.

She has asthma and flowers set that off. It isn't asthma at all. I am not
allergic to all sorts of shit. I don't hate everything. I don't like you
though! You're pretty damned pathetic.

> I'd bet your mother would gratefully accept the rose.

How much do you want to bet?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 15:12:49 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> <shaking head> You're incredible, Julie. Do you feel the same way
>>> when you use all those coupons you're always bragging about?

>> What coupons am I always bragging about? I rarely get any coupons. I
>> even
>> stopped taking the newspaper because they quit putting them in there.

> Don't EVEN try and say you don't use coupons. That would be really
> foolish of you.
>
> You're psychotic, plain and simple.

Are you talking to yourself squirty? I said that I do use them. I do not
brag about them. I don't think that I ever bragged about them. People do
use them. I am most certainly not using a lot of coupons nor am I bragging.

I don't even look at the coupons that come in the mailbox any more. They
are of no use to me. Yes, there are some for cheese and paper products but
I can get other brands for much less money. I don't use most of the
prepared foods that are in there. I don't use any of the cleaning products
or cosmetics or pet foods. I am very brand specific when it comes to those
things.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 23 Sep 2015 03:36:30 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:

>>> What coupons am I always bragging about? I rarely get any coupons. I
>>> even
>>> stopped taking the newspaper because they quit putting them in there.

>>Don't EVEN try and say you don't use coupons. That would be really
>>foolish of you.

> I think that comment of yours will be regarded as CHALLENGE ACCEPTED
> by Julie. <G>
>
>>You're psychotic, plain and simple.

> Well, there's certainly _something_ very wrong.

With you and squirty? Yes. Yes there is.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/22/2015 10:24 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 9/22/2015 10:16 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>

>> I'm not! My mom just hates flowers and perfume. Woe be to someone who
>> tries to hand her one or spray her with a scent!

> Spray a scent yes, wrong. To try to hand someone a simple gift just
> requires a polite "no thank you". Anything more is uncouth and ignorant.

Yes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, September 22, 2015 at 10:48:56 PM UTC-4, Doris Night wrote:

> Oatmeal and bacon? I don't believe I've ever seen that on a lunch
> menu.

Breakfast is served 24/7 at many diners.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-09-23 4:34 AM, Je�us wrote:

>> I don't believe your mother is allergic to roses one bit. That was
>> not the context in which you introduced the situation. You lie,
>> Julie.

> She does indeed. WHY is the big question...

It is part of her narcissistic personality disorder. It is part of her
strategy to turn all the threads around to being about her.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> I have posted about using coupons. I think a lot of people here and by here
> I mean in the parts of Washington where I live, do use them. But I
> certainly do not use them all the time.

Coupons aren't as good as they used to be but I still use them
occasionally. My Sunday paper still carries 2-3 coupon sections each
week. I cut out what I might use then actually use only a few of
those. You can save some serious money sometimes, just not as often
as in the past.

Many coupons are only found online with the various companies these
days. That's more time-consuming than I care to bother with though.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> Why would she lie? She's not allergic to roses.

Julie, asthma can be triggered by several factors but if being near a
rose sets it off, she IS allergic to roses.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> I don't get your point of view because I don't consider that type of old
> world style dining "patronizing". It's historical.

Historical, my ass!@ You just love getting treated to a free meal.
"Not that there's anything wrong with that."

LOL!