Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

Default Food Films

We're putting together a "Gastronomer's Group" at OLLI at UCI in
Irvine, CA. Someone put a list of food/restaurant-related films
together. This is the list so far:

Babettes Feast
Big Night
Bottle Shock
Bread And Tulips
Burnt
Chef
Chocolat
Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs
Deli Man
Eat Drink Man Woman
El Bulli - Cooking In Progress
Fried Green Tomatoes
Haute Cuisine
Hundred-Foot Journey
I Am Love
I Like Killing Flies
Jiro Dreams Of Sushi
Julie And Julia
Kitchen Stories
Le Chef
Like Water For Chocolate
Lunchbox, The
Marie Antoinette
Ratatouille
Romantics Anonymous
Scent Of Green Papaya
Search For General Tso
Sideways
Spinning Plates
Spirited Away
Tampopo
Trip, The
Waitress
Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 2:17:35 PM UTC-4, gtr wrote:
> We're putting together a "Gastronomer's Group" at OLLI at UCI in
> Irvine, CA. Someone put a list of food/restaurant-related films
> together. This is the list so far:
>
> Babette's Feast
> Big Night
> Bottle Shock
> Bread And Tulips
> Burnt
> Chef
> Chocolat
> Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs
> Deli Man
> Eat Drink Man Woman
> El Bulli - Cooking In Progress
> Fried Green Tomatoes
> Haute Cuisine
> Hundred-Foot Journey
> I Am Love
> I Like Killing Flies
> Jiro Dreams Of Sushi
> Julie And Julia
> Kitchen Stories
> Le Chef
> Like Water For Chocolate
> Lunchbox, The
> Marie Antoinette
> Ratatouille
> Romantics Anonymous
> Scent Of Green Papaya
> Search For General Tso
> Sideways
> Spinning Plates
> Spirited Away
> Tampopo
> Trip, The
> Waitress
> Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory

You should add Tom Jones.

http://www.richardfisher.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2015-09-17 21:23:53 +0000, Helpful person said:

> On Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 2:17:35 PM UTC-4, gtr wrote:
>> We're putting together a "Gastronomer's Group" at OLLI at UCI in
>> Irvine, CA. Someone put a list of food/restaurant-related films
>> together. This is the list so far:

[snip]

> You should add Tom Jones.

More than one person said that. It is just because of the one sloppy
Carl Jr.s advert in there? It's been many years but I don't remember
anything else about food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 5:31:28 PM UTC-4, gtr wrote:
> On 2015-09-17 21:23:53 +0000, Helpful person said:
>
> > On Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 2:17:35 PM UTC-4, gtr wrote:
> >> We're putting together a "Gastronomer's Group" at OLLI at UCI in
> >> Irvine, CA. Someone put a list of food/restaurant-related films
> >> together. This is the list so far:

> [snip]
>
> > You should add Tom Jones.

> More than one person said that. It is just because of the one sloppy
> Carl Jr.s advert in there? It's been many years but I don't remember
> anything else about food.

I don't know what you're describing. I'm talking about the film made in 1963 with Albert Finney. There is a sexy scene with two potential lovers feeding each other.

You could also include the scene from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. The one with the monkey brains.

http://www.richardfisher.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

With Six You Get Eggroll
"gtr" > wrote in message news:2015091711174376019-xxx@yyyzzz...
> We're putting together a "Gastronomer's Group" at OLLI at UCI in Irvine,
> CA. Someone put a list of food/restaurant-related films together. This is
> the list so far:
>
> Babettes Feast
> Big Night
> Bottle Shock
> Bread And Tulips
> Burnt
> Chef
> Chocolat
> Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs
> Deli Man
> Eat Drink Man Woman
> El Bulli - Cooking In Progress
> Fried Green Tomatoes
> Haute Cuisine
> Hundred-Foot Journey
> I Am Love
> I Like Killing Flies
> Jiro Dreams Of Sushi
> Julie And Julia
> Kitchen Stories
> Le Chef
> Like Water For Chocolate
> Lunchbox, The
> Marie Antoinette
> Ratatouille
> Romantics Anonymous
> Scent Of Green Papaya
> Search For General Tso
> Sideways
> Spinning Plates
> Spirited Away
> Tampopo
> Trip, The
> Waitress
> Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 Sep 2015 14:46:39 -0700 (PDT), Helpful person
> wrote:

>On Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 5:31:28 PM UTC-4, gtr wrote:

>> [snip]
>>
>> > You should add Tom Jones.

>> More than one person said that. It is just because of the one sloppy
>> Carl Jr.s advert in there? It's been many years but I don't remember
>> anything else about food.

>I don't know what you're describing. I'm talking about the film made in 1963 with Albert Finney. There is a sexy scene with two potential lovers feeding each other.
>
>You could also include the scene from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. The one with the monkey brains.
>
>http://www.richardfisher.com

Or Hannibal II!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2015-09-17 21:46:39 +0000, Helpful person said:

> On Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 5:31:28 PM UTC-4, gtr wrote:

>> [snip]
>>
>>> You should add Tom Jones.

>> More than one person said that. It is just because of the one sloppy
>> Carl Jr.s advert in there? It's been many years but I don't remember
>> anything else about food.

> I don't know what you're describing. I'm talking about the film made
> in 1963 with Albert Finney. There is a sexy scene with two potential
> lovers feeding each other.

Right: Sloppy, messy dining that personifies the Carl's Jr. adds: Slop
plus cleavage in that case.

> You could also include the scene from Indiana Jones and the Temple of
> Doom. The one with the monkey brains.
>
> http://www.richardfisher.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 11:17:35 AM UTC-7, gtr wrote:
> We're putting together a "Gastronomer's Group" at OLLI at UCI in
> Irvine, CA. Someone put a list of food/restaurant-related films
> together. This is the list so far:
>
> Babette's Feast
> Big Night
> Bottle Shock
> Bread And Tulips
> Burnt
> Chef
> Chocolat
> Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs
> Deli Man
> Eat Drink Man Woman
> El Bulli - Cooking In Progress
> Fried Green Tomatoes
> Haute Cuisine
> Hundred-Foot Journey
> I Am Love
> I Like Killing Flies
> Jiro Dreams Of Sushi
> Julie And Julia
> Kitchen Stories
> Le Chef
> Like Water For Chocolate
> Lunchbox, The
> Marie Antoinette
> Ratatouille
> Romantics Anonymous
> Scent Of Green Papaya
> Search For General Tso
> Sideways
> Spinning Plates
> Spirited Away
> Tampopo
> Trip, The
> Waitress
> Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory

What's Cooking -- four Thanksgiving dinners put together at once.
Tortilla Soup -- a Mexican-American version of Eat Drink Man Woman.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 11:31:31 PM UTC-7, wrote:
> On Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 11:17:35 AM UTC-7, gtr wrote:
> > We're putting together a "Gastronomer's Group" at OLLI at UCI in
> > Irvine, CA. Someone put a list of food/restaurant-related films
> > together. This is the list so far:
> >
> > Babette's Feast
> > Big Night
> > Bottle Shock
> > Bread And Tulips
> > Burnt
> > Chef
> > Chocolat
> > Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs
> > Deli Man
> > Eat Drink Man Woman
> > El Bulli - Cooking In Progress
> > Fried Green Tomatoes
> > Haute Cuisine
> > Hundred-Foot Journey
> > I Am Love
> > I Like Killing Flies
> > Jiro Dreams Of Sushi
> > Julie And Julia
> > Kitchen Stories
> > Le Chef
> > Like Water For Chocolate
> > Lunchbox, The
> > Marie Antoinette
> > Ratatouille
> > Romantics Anonymous
> > Scent Of Green Papaya
> > Search For General Tso
> > Sideways
> > Spinning Plates
> > Spirited Away
> > Tampopo
> > Trip, The
> > Waitress
> > Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory

> What's Cooking -- four Thanksgiving dinners put together at once.
> Tortilla Soup -- a Mexican-American version of Eat Drink Man Woman.

Oh, and you have to have Mystic Pizza -- the cook with the special sauce vs. the local television gourmet reviewer.

Maybe Diner, but the emphasis is not on food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/18/2015 3:19 AM, Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Sep 2015 03:04:17 -0400, Travis McGee >
> wrote:

>>> What's Cooking -- four Thanksgiving dinners put together at once.
>>> Tortilla Soup -- a Mexican-American version of Eat Drink Man Woman.
>>>

>> An episode of "Columbo": "Murder Under Glass"
>>
>> Also, anything derived from the Rex Stout "Nero Wolfe" novels.

> All episodes of Northern Exposure with Adam, the chef.

That was a great series.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"gtr" wrote in message news:2015091711174376019-xxx@yyyzzz...

We're putting together a "Gastronomer's Group" at OLLI at UCI in
Irvine, CA. Someone put a list of food/restaurant-related films
together. This is the list so far:

Toast : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1658851/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> I like the Reynolds 914x foodservice film.

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Eat the Rich
Eating Raoul
Delicatessen

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/18/2015 2:37 PM, Timo wrote:
> Eat the Rich
> Eating Raoul
> Delicatessen

Good choices! You forgot this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mda-EediXWk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 1:17:35 PM UTC-5, gtr wrote:
> We're putting together a "Gastronomer's Group" at OLLI at UCI in
> Irvine, CA. Someone put a list of food/restaurant-related films
> together. This is the list so far:
>
> Babette's Feast
> Big Night
> Bottle Shock
> Bread And Tulips
> Burnt
> Chef
> Chocolat
> Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs
> Deli Man
> Eat Drink Man Woman
> El Bulli - Cooking In Progress
> Fried Green Tomatoes
> Haute Cuisine
> Hundred-Foot Journey
> I Am Love
> I Like Killing Flies
> Jiro Dreams Of Sushi
> Julie And Julia
> Kitchen Stories
> Le Chef
> Like Water For Chocolate
> Lunchbox, The
> Marie Antoinette
> Ratatouille
> Romantics Anonymous
> Scent Of Green Papaya
> Search For General Tso
> Sideways
> Spinning Plates
> Spirited Away
> Tampopo
> Trip, The
> Waitress
> Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory

Babette's Feast is a good movie, and IMO, Chocolat is the best movie that J.
Depp ever acted in.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, September 18, 2015 at 6:01:50 PM UTC-7, Don Martinich wrote:
> In article >,
> wrote:
>
> > On Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 11:17:35 AM UTC-7, gtr wrote:
> > > We're putting together a "Gastronomer's Group" at OLLI at UCI in
> > > Irvine, CA. Someone put a list of food/restaurant-related films
> > > together. This is the list so far:
> > >
> > > Babette's Feast
> > > Big Night
> > > Bottle Shock
> > > Bread And Tulips
> > > Burnt
> > > Chef
> > > Chocolat
> > > Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs
> > > Deli Man
> > > Eat Drink Man Woman
> > > El Bulli - Cooking In Progress
> > > Fried Green Tomatoes
> > > Haute Cuisine
> > > Hundred-Foot Journey
> > > I Am Love
> > > I Like Killing Flies
> > > Jiro Dreams Of Sushi
> > > Julie And Julia
> > > Kitchen Stories
> > > Le Chef
> > > Like Water For Chocolate
> > > Lunchbox, The
> > > Marie Antoinette
> > > Ratatouille
> > > Romantics Anonymous
> > > Scent Of Green Papaya
> > > Search For General Tso
> > > Sideways
> > > Spinning Plates
> > > Spirited Away
> > > Tampopo
> > > Trip, The
> > > Waitress
> > > Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory

> > What's Cooking -- four Thanksgiving dinners put together at once.
> > Tortilla Soup -- a Mexican-American version of Eat Drink Man Woman.

> The House Is Full- with Danny Aiello. A very New Yorkish evening at an
> Italian restaurant in transition with a couple of surprises.

Don, do you mean "Dinner Rush"?
I think you must have watched the Slovenian version or something.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> > > What's Cooking -- four Thanksgiving dinners put together at once.
> > > Tortilla Soup -- a Mexican-American version of Eat Drink Man Woman.

> > The House Is Full- with Danny Aiello. A very New Yorkish evening at an
> > Italian restaurant in transition with a couple of surprises.

> Don, do you mean "Dinner Rush"?
> I think you must have watched the Slovenian version or something.

Oh shit! I can't believe I did that. Yes, I meant Dinner Rush. The house
is full when there is a dinner rush, see?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

There's also Soylent Green

http://www.richardfisher.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 1:17:35 PM UTC-5, gtr wrote:

> We're putting together a "Gastronomer's Group" at OLLI at UCI in
> Irvine, CA. Someone put a list of food/restaurant-related films
> together. This is the list so far:
>
> Babette's Feast
>
> Like Water For Chocolate

My two personal favorites.