Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The Shed

Widely praised for the best red enchiladas in the City Different, the
Shed deservedly caught the attention of the foodies at Serious Eats:

http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/01/t...ew-mexico.html

The enchilada dish arrived on a piping-hot plate, swimming in a red
chile sauce complete with beans and posole. Was Cheryl's recommendation
spot on? I groaned audibly after just one bite of the enchilada. Having
eaten my share of enchiladas in Northern New Mexico over the years, I
must agree with Cheryl's assessment that The Shed serves the best
enchilada plate in town.

For those who aren't acquainted with the New Mexican specialty,
enchiladas are rolled and filled tortillas, topped with melted cheese
and surrounded by chili. In a perfect execution, every component of the
enchilada€“the tortilla, its filling, the topping, and whatever other
ingredients are included€”should meld together, the sum being greater
than its parts. Lesser enchilada platters often go awry in the cheese,
which can congeal into a rubbery mass midway through eating the dish and
the tortillas, which can be too thick and doughy.

At The Shed, the cheddar is melted to a creamy, liquid-like texture.
Miraculously, the cheese stays that way throughout the entire meal; even
as I polished off the last of the beans at the end, the cheese stayed
soft and stringy within the sauce. The restaurant uses blue corn
tortillas, which retained their texture and sopped up the savory mixture
of chili and onions. Little kernels of posole were tender and flavorful.
Even the beans, which are usually the most neglected item on a plate,
were perfectly cooked€”neither grainy nor mushy. Best of all, the red
chili sauce was pleasantly spicy with just a touch of the natural
sweetness that comes from using the best quality dried red chilies.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 9 Sep 2015 12:30:25 -0600, Shalako > wrote:

> Widely praised for the best red enchiladas in the City Different, the
> Shed deservedly caught the attention of the foodies at Serious Eats:
>
> http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/01/t...ew-mexico.html

I made my own chile sauce (way too much in terms of volume). It's a
little too hot (spicy) on it's own, but perfect when turned into
enchilada sauce. After you've made your own, there's no going back to
the can - even a good brand.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/9/2015 1:36 PM, sf wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Sep 2015 12:30:25 -0600, Shalako > wrote:
>
>> Widely praised for the best red enchiladas in the City Different, the
>> Shed deservedly caught the attention of the foodies at Serious Eats:
>>
>> http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/01/t...ew-mexico.html
>>

> I made my own chile sauce (way too much in terms of volume). It's a
> little too hot (spicy) on it's own, but perfect when turned into
> enchilada sauce. After you've made your own, there's no going back to
> the can - even a good brand.

So very true.

I tend to mix and match my dried red chiles, but Hatch red chile ristras
are always hanging in the kitchen along with garlic ristras.

Sometimes the addition of a chipotle or two seems right when that smokey
background is sought, but mostly I'll toss in Guajillos.

And always the Mexican oregano.

For canned if I'm in a total hurry the Herdez brand is adequate.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, September 9, 2015 at 12:31:54 PM UTC-6, Shalako wrote:
> Widely praised for the best red enchiladas in the City Different, the
> Shed deservedly caught the attention of the foodies at Serious Eats:
>
> http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/01/t...ew-mexico.html
>
> The enchilada dish arrived on a piping-hot plate, swimming in a red
> chile sauce complete with beans and posole. Was Cheryl's recommendation
> spot on? I groaned audibly after just one bite of the enchilada. Having
> eaten my share of enchiladas in Northern New Mexico over the years, I
> must agree with Cheryl's assessment that The Shed serves the best
> enchilada plate in town.
>
> For those who aren't acquainted with the New Mexican specialty,
> enchiladas are rolled and filled tortillas, topped with melted cheese
> and surrounded by chili. In a perfect execution, every component of the
> enchilada-the tortilla, its filling, the topping, and whatever other
> ingredients are included--should meld together, the sum being greater
> than its parts. Lesser enchilada platters often go awry in the cheese,
> which can congeal into a rubbery mass midway through eating the dish and
> the tortillas, which can be too thick and doughy.
>
> At The Shed, the cheddar is melted to a creamy, liquid-like texture.
> Miraculously, the cheese stays that way throughout the entire meal; even
> as I polished off the last of the beans at the end, the cheese stayed
> soft and stringy within the sauce. The restaurant uses blue corn
> tortillas, which retained their texture and sopped up the savory mixture
> of chili and onions. Little kernels of posole were tender and flavorful.
> Even the beans, which are usually the most neglected item on a plate,
> were perfectly cooked--neither grainy nor mushy. Best of all, the red
> chili sauce was pleasantly spicy with just a touch of the natural
> sweetness that comes from using the best quality dried red chilies.

I love enchiladas!! Cheese and onion never had it so good. The description here is enough to make a person jump in the car and head to Santa Fe. I will just go to the local bar that has good enchiladas, and dream of The Shed. I think the blue corn tortillas make it very good and colorful.

DaleP
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/9/2015 3:37 PM, dalep wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 9, 2015 at 12:31:54 PM UTC-6, Shalako wrote:
>> Widely praised for the best red enchiladas in the City Different, the
>> Shed deservedly caught the attention of the foodies at Serious Eats:
>>
>> http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/01/t...ew-mexico.html
>>
>> The enchilada dish arrived on a piping-hot plate, swimming in a red
>> chile sauce complete with beans and posole. Was Cheryl's recommendation
>> spot on? I groaned audibly after just one bite of the enchilada. Having
>> eaten my share of enchiladas in Northern New Mexico over the years, I
>> must agree with Cheryl's assessment that The Shed serves the best
>> enchilada plate in town.
>>
>> For those who aren't acquainted with the New Mexican specialty,
>> enchiladas are rolled and filled tortillas, topped with melted cheese
>> and surrounded by chili. In a perfect execution, every component of the
>> enchilada-the tortilla, its filling, the topping, and whatever other
>> ingredients are included--should meld together, the sum being greater
>> than its parts. Lesser enchilada platters often go awry in the cheese,
>> which can congeal into a rubbery mass midway through eating the dish and
>> the tortillas, which can be too thick and doughy.
>>
>> At The Shed, the cheddar is melted to a creamy, liquid-like texture.
>> Miraculously, the cheese stays that way throughout the entire meal; even
>> as I polished off the last of the beans at the end, the cheese stayed
>> soft and stringy within the sauce. The restaurant uses blue corn
>> tortillas, which retained their texture and sopped up the savory mixture
>> of chili and onions. Little kernels of posole were tender and flavorful.
>> Even the beans, which are usually the most neglected item on a plate,
>> were perfectly cooked--neither grainy nor mushy. Best of all, the red
>> chili sauce was pleasantly spicy with just a touch of the natural
>> sweetness that comes from using the best quality dried red chilies.

> I love enchiladas!! Cheese and onion never had it so good. The description here is enough to make a person jump in the car and head to Santa Fe. I will just go to the local bar that has good enchiladas, and dream of The Shed. I think the blue corn tortillas make it very good and colorful.
>
> DaleP

They sure do, and I like the nuttier taste the blue ones have, compared
to regular yellow or white corn.

The good thing is these are dead simple to make at home too, but it sure
would help to have a nice salamander to make that cheese run.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/10/2015 7:37 AM, dalep wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 9, 2015 at 12:31:54 PM UTC-6, Shalako wrote:
>> Widely praised for ther grainy nor mushy. Best of all, the red
>> chili sauce was pleasantly spicy with just a touch of the natural
>> sweetness that comes from using the best quality dried red chilies.

> I love enchiladas!! Cheese and onion never had it so good. The description here is enough to make a person jump in the car and head to Santa Fe. I will just go to the local bar that has good enchiladas, and dream of The Shed. I think the blue corn tortillas make it very good and colorful.
>
> DaleP

Mmmm hmmm...

Ayup...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/10/2015 5:36 AM, sf wrote:

DEAR FAT ASS

good morning fat ass
how will your day go?
will you be stared at like an enourmous blob?
or be taunted and teased all day long?

people say you can't do anything
you cant do this or that
but you will sure show them
when your fat ass is in control

it is all your fault fat ass
you live to eat and dont eat to live
well look at that fat ass
a greasy cheese burger streaming down your lips and chin

you are a worthless excuse for a human
no one wants to see fat
lock yourself inside your room
until your thin and flat

you would rather some one say
**** her anorexic ass
than **** you
you fat fat ass

words hurt as much as the weight
they will be with you forever
that extra baggage you can change
show them you can do something

No one wants to see a fat girl cry
tears of grease and blubber
you will no longer be the funny fat girl
you will be just as cool as any other

slide your finger down your throat
when you dream of grease and junk
the calories will fade away
down the toilet with one flush

dont eat today
you will prove them right
that is something
you just can't do

show them they dont
have control over everything
your weight
is something you do

Loose it all fat ass
I want to see coller bones
and down right thin

dont cry when you become dizzy
just know that it will help you in the end

You can feel good about yourself fat ass
you just have to learn control
your punishment is a life full of pain
and tears of grease and fried stuff

thin is the way you have always wanted to be
well you have a long journey to get there
but change your life
you **** of blubber

run run fat ass
let that fat ass shake
no one wants to see that shit
better run in your back yard instead

skinny
be thin
fat ass
be fat
when weighing out your options
which do you like better than fat?

its not lie fat ass
you have let yourself go
its time to buckle down
and crack those calories away

when it is all said and done
you will be worthy
you will feel alive again
see thin is the way to be

and you are just a fat ass with no control again.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/10/2015 7:47 AM, Shalako wrote:
Mmmm hmmm...

Ayup...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/10/2015 5:49 AM, Shalako wrote:
> On 9/9/2015 1:36 PM, sf wrote:

Mmmm hmmm...

Ayup...

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

On 9/10/2015 4:30 AM, Shalako wrote:
> Widely praised for the best red enchiladas in the City Different, the

Mmmm hmmm...

Ayup...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 9 Sep 2015 13:49:12 -0600, Shalako > wrote:

> On 9/9/2015 1:36 PM, sf wrote:
> >>

> > I made my own chile sauce (way too much in terms of volume). It's a
> > little too hot (spicy) on it's own, but perfect when turned into
> > enchilada sauce. After you've made your own, there's no going back to
> > the can - even a good brand.

> So very true.
>
> I tend to mix and match my dried red chiles, but Hatch red chile ristras
> are always hanging in the kitchen along with garlic ristras.
>
> Sometimes the addition of a chipotle or two seems right when that smokey
> background is sought, but mostly I'll toss in Guajillos.
>
> And always the Mexican oregano.

Yes and garlic.

> For canned if I'm in a total hurry the Herdez brand is adequate.

I dislike chipotle for some reason... even a little chipotle is too
much for me. I like smoke, but not that much. My chile sauce was
guajillo and two others, which are not coming to mind at the moment...
but it was half guajillo.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/10/2015 1:44 PM, sf wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Sep 2015 13:49:12 -0600, Shalako > wrote:
>
>> On 9/9/2015 1:36 PM, sf wrote:
>>>>

>>> I made my own chile sauce (way too much in terms of volume). It's a
>>> little too hot (spicy) on it's own, but perfect when turned into
>>> enchilada sauce. After you've made your own, there's no going back to
>>> the can - even a good brand.

>> So very true.
>>
>> I tend to mix and match my dried red chiles, but Hatch red chile ristras
>> are always hanging in the kitchen along with garlic ristras.
>>
>> Sometimes the addition of a chipotle or two seems right when that smokey
>> background is sought, but mostly I'll toss in Guajillos.
>>
>> And always the Mexican oregano.

> Yes and garlic.

Indeed.

I substituted shallots once and was not impressed.

>> For canned if I'm in a total hurry the Herdez brand is adequate.

> I dislike chipotle for some reason... even a little chipotle is too
> much for me. I like smoke, but not that much.

A little will go along way, true.

> My chile sauce was
> guajillo and two others, which are not coming to mind at the moment...
> but it was half guajillo.

It's a wonderful chile, fruity and hot, but not so much that you can't
always use more.

Btw, the Hatch chiles this year are particularly robust.

I'm actually soaking the ones I roast in a little white vinegar to tone
the heat levels down.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 13:52:15 -0600, Kokopelli >
wrote:

> Btw, the Hatch chiles this year are particularly robust.
>
> I'm actually soaking the ones I roast in a little white vinegar to tone
> the heat levels down.

That's a new one for me, thanks!

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/10/2015 5:19 PM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 13:52:15 -0600, Kokopelli >
> wrote:
>
>> Btw, the Hatch chiles this year are particularly robust.
>>
>> I'm actually soaking the ones I roast in a little white vinegar to tone
>> the heat levels down.

> That's a new one for me, thanks!

My pleasure.

I also have had good luck with fresh lime juice.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 17:37:53 -0600, Kokopelli >
wrote:

> On 9/10/2015 5:19 PM, sf wrote:
> > On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 13:52:15 -0600, Kokopelli >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Btw, the Hatch chiles this year are particularly robust.
> >>
> >> I'm actually soaking the ones I roast in a little white vinegar to tone
> >> the heat levels down.

> > That's a new one for me, thanks!
> >

> My pleasure.
>
> I also have had good luck with fresh lime juice.

That one really appeals.

--

sf

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/10/2015 6:23 PM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 17:37:53 -0600, Kokopelli >
> wrote:
>
>> On 9/10/2015 5:19 PM, sf wrote:

>>> That's a new one for me, thanks!
>>>

>> My pleasure.
>>
>> I also have had good luck with fresh lime juice.
>>

> That one really appeals.

Kewl.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, September 9, 2015 at 1:31:54 PM UTC-5, Shalako wrote:
> Widely praised for the best red enchiladas in the City Different, the
> Shed deservedly caught the attention of the foodies at Serious Eats:
>
> http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/01/t...ew-mexico.html
>
> The enchilada dish arrived on a piping-hot plate, swimming in a red
> chile sauce complete with beans and posole. Was Cheryl's recommendation
> spot on? I groaned audibly after just one bite of the enchilada. Having
> eaten my share of enchiladas in Northern New Mexico over the years, I
> must agree with Cheryl's assessment that The Shed serves the best
> enchilada plate in town.
>
> For those who aren't acquainted with the New Mexican specialty,
> enchiladas are rolled and filled tortillas, topped with melted cheese
> and surrounded by chili. In a perfect execution, every component of the
> enchilada-the tortilla, its filling, the topping, and whatever other
> ingredients are included--should meld together, the sum being greater
> than its parts. Lesser enchilada platters often go awry in the cheese,
> which can congeal into a rubbery mass midway through eating the dish and
> the tortillas, which can be too thick and doughy.
>
> At The Shed, the cheddar is melted to a creamy, liquid-like texture.
> Miraculously, the cheese stays that way throughout the entire meal; even
> as I polished off the last of the beans at the end, the cheese stayed
> soft and stringy within the sauce. The restaurant uses blue corn
> tortillas, which retained their texture and sopped up the savory mixture
> of chili and onions. Little kernels of posole were tender and flavorful.
> Even the beans, which are usually the most neglected item on a plate,
> were perfectly cooked--neither grainy nor mushy. Best of all, the red
> chili sauce was pleasantly spicy with just a touch of the natural
> sweetness that comes from using the best quality dried red chilies.

The best Mexican food in the US is in New Mexico, and you are right about the enchiladas at the Shed. They are to die for. The other dishes there are pretty good to, have never eaten any thing I did not like there.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/11/2015 10:39 AM, rosie wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 9, 2015 at 1:31:54 PM UTC-5, Shalako wrote:
>> Widely praised for the best red enchiladas in the City Different, the
>> Shed deservedly caught the attention of the foodies at Serious Eats:
>>
>> http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/01/t...ew-mexico.html
>>
>> The enchilada dish arrived on a piping-hot plate, swimming in a red
>> chile sauce complete with beans and posole. Was Cheryl's recommendation
>> spot on? I groaned audibly after just one bite of the enchilada. Having
>> eaten my share of enchiladas in Northern New Mexico over the years, I
>> must agree with Cheryl's assessment that The Shed serves the best
>> enchilada plate in town.
>>
>> For those who aren't acquainted with the New Mexican specialty,
>> enchiladas are rolled and filled tortillas, topped with melted cheese
>> and surrounded by chili. In a perfect execution, every component of the
>> enchilada-the tortilla, its filling, the topping, and whatever other
>> ingredients are included--should meld together, the sum being greater
>> than its parts. Lesser enchilada platters often go awry in the cheese,
>> which can congeal into a rubbery mass midway through eating the dish and
>> the tortillas, which can be too thick and doughy.
>>
>> At The Shed, the cheddar is melted to a creamy, liquid-like texture.
>> Miraculously, the cheese stays that way throughout the entire meal; even
>> as I polished off the last of the beans at the end, the cheese stayed
>> soft and stringy within the sauce. The restaurant uses blue corn
>> tortillas, which retained their texture and sopped up the savory mixture
>> of chili and onions. Little kernels of posole were tender and flavorful.
>> Even the beans, which are usually the most neglected item on a plate,
>> were perfectly cooked--neither grainy nor mushy. Best of all, the red
>> chili sauce was pleasantly spicy with just a touch of the natural
>> sweetness that comes from using the best quality dried red chilies.

> The best Mexican food in the US is in New Mexico, and you are right about the enchiladas at the Shed.

TY!

> They are to die for. The other dishes there are pretty good to, have never eaten any thing I did not like there.

Also recommended, for a totally different vibe and menu:

http://www.cowgirlsantafe.com/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Shalako wrote:
> Widely praised for the best red enchiladas in the City Different, the
> Shed deservedly caught the attention of the foodies at Serious Eats:
>
> http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/01/t...ew-mexico.html
>
> The enchilada dish arrived on a piping-hot plate, swimming in a red
> chile sauce complete with beans and posole. Was Cheryl's recommendation
> spot on? I groaned audibly after just one bite of the enchilada. Having
> eaten my share of enchiladas in Northern New Mexico over the years, I
> must agree with Cheryl's assessment that The Shed serves the best
> enchilada plate in town.
>
> For those who aren't acquainted with the New Mexican specialty,
> enchiladas are rolled and filled tortillas, topped with melted cheese
> and surrounded by chili. In a perfect execution, every component of the
> enchilada-the tortilla, its filling, the topping, and whatever other
> ingredients are included--should meld together, the sum being greater
> than its parts. Lesser enchilada platters often go awry in the cheese,
> which can congeal into a rubbery mass midway through eating the dish and
> the tortillas, which can be too thick and doughy.
>
> At The Shed, the cheddar is melted to a creamy, liquid-like texture.
> Miraculously, the cheese stays that way throughout the entire meal; even
> as I polished off the last of the beans at the end, the cheese stayed
> soft and stringy within the sauce. The restaurant uses blue corn
> tortillas, which retained their texture and sopped up the savory mixture
> of chili and onions. Little kernels of posole were tender and flavorful.
> Even the beans, which are usually the most neglected item on a plate,
> were perfectly cooked--neither grainy nor mushy. Best of all, the red
> chili sauce was pleasantly spicy with just a touch of the natural
> sweetness that comes from using the best quality dried red chilies.

Sounds like high end Taco Bell... Tex-Mex is NOT eaten anywhere in
Mexico except at the border towns, mostly by Americano/Gringo
visitors, Coyotes, and illegals who sneak back and forth. Real
Mexicans never tasted cheddar cheese. Mexican food isn't much
different from Americano viands only they eat a lot more fresh seafood
(from both oceans) and they eat grass fed beef which I don't really
care for as it's very dry/low fat. Mexican food also includes a lot
of vegetables and tropical fruits. I'm not saying Tex-Mex is nasty,
it's just not Mexican food, it's much more what Gringos think is
Mexican food. I've spent a lot of time traveling all through Mexico,
not once did I see a bowl of chili on any menu... and few of you would
eat native Mexican meats when you discover it's rodent. Luxuary
cruise ships and resort towns where Americanos hang pass off that high
end Taco Bell Tex-Mex as Mexican food. Mexican food consists of a lot
of poultry, seafood, and vegetables/fruits... not chili, enchiladas,
and such... and very little dairy as most Mexicans don't have
refrigeration, instead they shop every day.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/11/2015 5:02 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Shalako wrote:
>> Widely praised for the best red enchiladas in the City Different, the
>> Shed deservedly caught the attention of the foodies at Serious Eats:
>>
>> http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/01/t...ew-mexico.html
>>
>> The enchilada dish arrived on a piping-hot plate, swimming in a red
>> chile sauce complete with beans and posole. Was Cheryl's recommendation
>> spot on? I groaned audibly after just one bite of the enchilada. Having
>> eaten my share of enchiladas in Northern New Mexico over the years, I
>> must agree with Cheryl's assessment that The Shed serves the best
>> enchilada plate in town.
>>
>> For those who aren't acquainted with the New Mexican specialty,
>> enchiladas are rolled and filled tortillas, topped with melted cheese
>> and surrounded by chili. In a perfect execution, every component of the
>> enchilada-the tortilla, its filling, the topping, and whatever other
>> ingredients are included--should meld together, the sum being greater
>> than its parts. Lesser enchilada platters often go awry in the cheese,
>> which can congeal into a rubbery mass midway through eating the dish and
>> the tortillas, which can be too thick and doughy.
>>
>> At The Shed, the cheddar is melted to a creamy, liquid-like texture.
>> Miraculously, the cheese stays that way throughout the entire meal; even
>> as I polished off the last of the beans at the end, the cheese stayed
>> soft and stringy within the sauce. The restaurant uses blue corn
>> tortillas, which retained their texture and sopped up the savory mixture
>> of chili and onions. Little kernels of posole were tender and flavorful.
>> Even the beans, which are usually the most neglected item on a plate,
>> were perfectly cooked--neither grainy nor mushy. Best of all, the red
>> chili sauce was pleasantly spicy with just a touch of the natural
>> sweetness that comes from using the best quality dried red chilies.

> Sounds like high end Taco Bell...

Blah, blah, blah...

Feel free to pass them by then.

Your loss.

> Tex-Mex is NOT eaten anywhere in
> Mexico except at the border towns, mostly by Americano/Gringo
> visitors, Coyotes, and illegals who sneak back and forth.

So freaking what?

It's a borderland cuisine - cope.

> Real Mexicans never tasted cheddar cheese.

They have better, true.

> Mexican food isn't much
> different from Americano viands only they eat a lot more fresh seafood
> (from both oceans) and they eat grass fed beef which I don't really
> care for as it's very dry/low fat.

It's also much better for you.

> Mexican food also includes a lot
> of vegetables and tropical fruits. I'm not saying Tex-Mex is nasty,
> it's just not Mexican food, it's much more what Gringos think is
> Mexican food.

So is what we call Chinese food, again, so what?

> I've spent a lot of time traveling all through Mexico,
> not once did I see a bowl of chili on any menu... and few of you would
> eat native Mexican meats when you discover it's rodent.

Or Iguana on a stick...

#1, in Mejico it is spelled "chile".

Chilli is something completely Americanized.

Enchiladas are found all over the states of Sonora and Chihuahua.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Sep 2015 11:06:33 -0600, Kokopelli >
wrote:

>On 9/11/2015 10:39 AM, rosie wrote:
>> On Wednesday, September 9, 2015 at 1:31:54 PM UTC-5, Shalako wrote:
>>> Widely praised for the best red enchiladas in the City Different, the
>>> Shed deservedly caught the attention of the foodies at Serious Eats:
>>>
>>> http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/01/t...ew-mexico.html
>>>
>>> The enchilada dish arrived on a piping-hot plate, swimming in a red
>>> chile sauce complete with beans and posole. Was Cheryl's recommendation
>>> spot on? I groaned audibly after just one bite of the enchilada. Having
>>> eaten my share of enchiladas in Northern New Mexico over the years, I
>>> must agree with Cheryl's assessment that The Shed serves the best
>>> enchilada plate in town.
>>>
>>> For those who aren't acquainted with the New Mexican specialty,
>>> enchiladas are rolled and filled tortillas, topped with melted cheese
>>> and surrounded by chili. In a perfect execution, every component of the
>>> enchilada-the tortilla, its filling, the topping, and whatever other
>>> ingredients are included--should meld together, the sum being greater
>>> than its parts. Lesser enchilada platters often go awry in the cheese,
>>> which can congeal into a rubbery mass midway through eating the dish and
>>> the tortillas, which can be too thick and doughy.
>>>
>>> At The Shed, the cheddar is melted to a creamy, liquid-like texture.
>>> Miraculously, the cheese stays that way throughout the entire meal; even
>>> as I polished off the last of the beans at the end, the cheese stayed
>>> soft and stringy within the sauce. The restaurant uses blue corn
>>> tortillas, which retained their texture and sopped up the savory mixture
>>> of chili and onions. Little kernels of posole were tender and flavorful.
>>> Even the beans, which are usually the most neglected item on a plate,
>>> were perfectly cooked--neither grainy nor mushy. Best of all, the red
>>> chili sauce was pleasantly spicy with just a touch of the natural
>>> sweetness that comes from using the best quality dried red chilies.

>> The best Mexican food in the US is in New Mexico, and you are right about the enchiladas at the Shed.

>TY!
>
>> They are to die for. The other dishes there are pretty good to, have never eaten any thing I did not like there.

>Also recommended, for a totally different vibe and menu:
>
>http://www.cowgirlsantafe.com/

Definitely Tex with a light Mex flair... another high end Taco Bell.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/11/2015 5:28 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Sep 2015 11:06:33 -0600, Kokopelli >
> wrote:

>>> The best Mexican food in the US is in New Mexico, and you are right about the enchiladas at the Shed.

>> TY!
>>
>>> They are to die for. The other dishes there are pretty good to, have never eaten any thing I did not like there.

>> Also recommended, for a totally different vibe and menu:
>>
>> http://www.cowgirlsantafe.com/

> Definitely Tex with a light Mex flair... another high end Taco Bell.

No, it is anything but.

In fact it's one of the better rated BBQ restaurants in the city different.

And the purveyor of some of the most insanely delicious frozen
margaritas on the planet.

Why do you criticize everyone else's food posts and then expect praise
for your own?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/12/2015 9:28 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Sep 2015 11:06:33 -0600,lair... another high end Taco Bell.

Mmmm hmmm...

Ayup...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/12/2015 9:02 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> [...]

> different from Americano viands only they eat a lot more fresh seafood
> (from both oceans) and they eat grass fed beef which I don't really
> care for as it's very dry/low fat. Mexican food also includes a lot
> of vegetables and tropical fruits. I'm not saying Tex-Mex is nasty,
> it's just not Mexican food, it's much more what Gringos think is
> Mexican food. I've spent a lot of time traveling all through Mexico,
> not once did I see a bowl of chili on any menu... and few of you would
> eat native Mexican meats when you discover it's rodent. Luxuary
> cruise ships and resort towns where Americanos hang pass off that high
> end Taco Bell Tex-Mex as Mexican food. Mexican food consists of a lot
> of poultry, seafood, and vegetables/fruits... not chili, enchiladas,
> and such... and very little dairy as most Mexicans don't have
> refrigeration, instead they shop every day.

Ayup...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/12/2015 9:28 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Sep 2015 11:06:33 -0600, Kokopelli >
> wrote:
>
>> On 9/11/2015 10:39 AM, rosie wrote:
>>

> Definitely Tex with a light Mex flair... another shit Taco Bell.

Mmmm hmmm...

Ayup...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/11/2015 7:41 PM, Estaban Esquertez wrote:
> De nada!
>
> -ee

**** off - woman stalker.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/12/2015 12:04 PM, Kokopelli wrote:

Mmmm hmmm...

Ayup...

Barbara J Llorente 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.
Age 65 (Born 1950) (415) 239-7248. Background Check - Available. Record

ID: 47846596.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Sep 2015 17:47:21 -0600, Kokopelli >
wrote:

> Why do you criticize everyone else's food posts and then expect praise
> for your own?

That's the $64 question.

--

sf

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/11/2015 11:51 PM, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Sep 2015 17:47:21 -0600, Kokopelli >
> wrote:
>
>> Why do you criticize everyone else's food posts and then expect praise
>> for your own?

> That's the $64 question.

I agree with your numeric value, totally.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On 9/11/2015 5:28 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> On Fri, 11 Sep 2015 11:06:33 -0600, Kokopelli >
>> wrote:

>>> TY!

>>> Also recommended, for a totally different vibe and menu:
>>>
>>> http://www.cowgirlsantafe.com/

>> Definitely Tex with a light Mex flair... another high end Taco Bell.

>No, it is anything but.
>
>In fact it's one of the better rated BBQ restaurants in the city different.
>
>And the purveyor of some of the most insanely delicious frozen
>margaritas on the planet.
>
>Why do you criticize everyone else's food posts and then expect praise
>for your own?

I don't see their food, any newbie can lift a web site off the net...
they don't even describe what they ate in those joints, probably were
never there. Maybe you indulge in too many frozen margaritas... some
of the best presented I've had were in LA, on Olvera St... but there
are good barkeeps everywhere and there's nothing special about those
overly sweet cocktails... any boozehound can make a good frozen
margarita at home.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2015 6:51 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Sep 2015 17:47:21 -0600, Kokopelli >
> wrote:
>
>> On 9/11/2015 5:28 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>> On Fri, 11 Sep 20sented I've had were in LA, on Olvera St... but there

> are good barkeeps everywhere and there's nothing special about those
> overly sweet cocktails... any boozehound can make a good frozen
> margarita at home.

Mmmm hmmm...

Ayup...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/12/2015 2:51 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Sep 2015 17:47:21 -0600, Kokopelli >
> wrote:
>
>> On 9/11/2015 5:28 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

>>> Definitely Tex with a light Mex flair... another high end Taco Bell.

>> No, it is anything but.
>>
>> In fact it's one of the better rated BBQ restaurants in the city different.
>>
>> And the purveyor of some of the most insanely delicious frozen
>> margaritas on the planet.
>>
>> Why do you criticize everyone else's food posts and then expect praise
>> for your own?

> I don't see their food,

I do.

> any newbie can lift a web site off the net...

The pictures posted are not from web sites.

Go peruse alt.binaries.food

> they don't even describe what they ate in those joints, probably were
> never there. Maybe you indulge in too many frozen margaritas...

Nope.

> some
> of the best presented I've had were in LA, on Olvera St... but there
> are good barkeeps everywhere and there's nothing special about those
> overly sweet cocktails... any boozehound can make a good frozen
> margarita at home.

Not as well as the adult slurpee machine at the Cowgirl, trust me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, September 11, 2015 at 6:02:10 PM UTC-5, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> [...]

> different from Americano viands only they eat a lot more fresh seafood
> (from both oceans) and they eat grass fed beef which I don't really
> care for as it's very dry/low fat. Mexican food also includes a lot
> of vegetables and tropical fruits. I'm not saying Tex-Mex is nasty,
> it's just not Mexican food, it's much more what Gringos think is
> Mexican food. I've spent a lot of time traveling all through Mexico,
> not once did I see a bowl of chili on any menu... and few of you would
> eat native Mexican meats when you discover it's rodent. Luxuary
> cruise ships and resort towns where Americanos hang pass off that high
> end Taco Bell Tex-Mex as Mexican food. Mexican food consists of a lot
> of poultry, seafood, and vegetables/fruits... not chili, enchiladas,
> and such... and very little dairy as most Mexicans don't have
> refrigeration, instead they shop every day.

This is not Tex Mex, it is entirely different. For my money, I prefer New Mexican to Tex Mex. The Food in Mexico, is delicious, the best Buffet I ever had was in Cabo. It was amazing, lots of seafood and fresh veggies, also a lot of other things. Nothng like Taco Bel at all. You probably need to visit some of these places, as the food is excellent. I doubt if you have been any where like this n years.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2015 12:14 PM, rosie wrote:
> [...]

>> care for as it's very dry/low fat. Mexican food also includes a lot
>> of vegetables and tropical fruits. I'm not saying Tex-Mex is nasty,
>> it's just not Mexican food, it's much more what Gringos think is
>> Mexican food. I've spent a lot of time traveling all through Mexico,
>> not once did I see a bowl of chili on any menu... and few of you would
>> eat native Mexican meats when you discover it's rodent. Luxuary
>> cruise ships and resort towns where Americanos hang pass off that high
>> end Taco Bell Tex-Mex as Mexican food. Mexican food consists of a lot
>> of poultry, seafood, and vegetables/fruits... not chili, enchiladas,
>> and such... and very little dairy as most Mexicans don't have
>> refrigeration, instead they shop every day.

> This is not Tex Mex, it is entirely different. For my money, I prefer New Mexican to Tex Mex.

Right on!

> The Food in Mexico, is delicious, the best Buffet I ever had was in Cabo. It was amazing, lots of seafood and fresh veggies, also a lot of other things. Nothng like Taco Bel at all. You probably need to visit some of these places, as the food is excellent. I doubt if you have been any where like this n years.

Well he claims to have traveled Mejico, so who can say?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 16:17:10 -0400, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

>On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 12:39:06 -0600, la casa del destino
> wrote:

>>> This is not Tex Mex, it is entirely different. For my money, I prefer New Mexican to Tex Mex.

>>Right on!
>>
>>> The Food in Mexico, is delicious, the best Buffet I ever had was in Cabo. It was amazing, lots of seafood and fresh veggies, also a lot of other things. Nothng like Taco Bel at all. You probably need to visit some of these places, as the food is excellent. I doubt if you have been any where like this n years.

>>Well he claims to have traveled Mejico, so who can say?

Americanized resort towns don't serve authentic Mexican food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/14/2015 11:42 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 16:17:10 -0400, Brooklyn1
> > wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 12:39:06 -0600, la casa del destino
>> > wrote:

>>> Right on!

>>> Well he claims to have traveled Mejico, so who can say?

> Americanized resort towns don't serve authentic Mexican food.

Actually they do.

You just have to go one street off the main drag.

HTH
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Sep 2015 11:51:32 -0600, la casa del destino
> wrote:

>On 9/14/2015 11:42 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 16:17:10 -0400, Brooklyn1
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 12:39:06 -0600, la casa del destino

>> Americanized resort towns don't serve authentic Mexican food.
>>

>Actually they do.
>
>You just have to go one street off the main drag.
>
>HTH

In Mexico that could easily be life threatening, probably more so now
than when I lived and worked in San Diego in the early '60s. Every
Friday right after work four of us would drive just south of Tiajuana
for hair cuts and a wonderful chicken dinner at a private home, a buck
each... but the women who made dinner warned us not to go wandering
and we didn't. Didn't need a passport then, going or returning. The
border guards saw CA plates and just waved us through. I haven't
crossed the US Mexican border since but I crossed the Belize US border
hundreds of times. Except for Mexico's US border towns the food
throughout most of Mexico is the same as in Belize.. however Belize
City has a large Chinese population and their restaurants serve great
food. Shrimp farming is a huge industry in Belize, wonderful jumbos.
Street venders did the Belize version of Brit fish n' chips but with
jumbo shrimp and fried plantains, Sprinkled with Melindas and a couple
three Belikans a meal like no other.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/15/2015 1:50 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Sep 2015 16:00:53 -0400, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>
>> In Mexico that could easily be life threatening, probably more so now
>> than when I lived and worked in San Diego in the early '60s. Every
>> Friday right after work four of us would drive just south of Tiajuana
>> for hair cuts and a wonderful chicken dinner at a private home, a buck
>> each... but the women who made dinner warned us not to go wandering
>> and we didn't. Didn't need a passport then, going or returning. The
>> border guards saw CA plates and just waved us through. I haven't
>> crossed the US Mexican border since but I crossed the Belize US border
>> hundreds of times. Except for Mexico's US border towns the food
>> throughout most of Mexico is the same as in Belize.. however Belize
>> City has a large Chinese population and their restaurants serve great
>> food. Shrimp farming is a huge industry in Belize, wonderful jumbos.
>> Street venders did the Belize version of Brit fish n' chips but with
>> jumbo shrimp and fried plantains, Sprinkled with Melindas and a couple
>> three Belikans a meal like no other.

> You speak of your "worldly experiences" as if they were just yesterday
> but in fact they were 50 years ago. And your accounts weren't even
> accurate back then, either!
>
> -sw

Darn old people!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> You speak of your "worldly experiences" as if they were just yesterday
> but in fact they were 50 years ago.

>> Omelet wrote:

>> He hates me 'cause I never slept with him...

> He hates himself because he is all he has to sleep with
> I don't know, sometimes he used to seem normal, then he went petty
> trough vindictive and now I just shun contact. I have enough crazies to
> deal with in my world without encouraging those who refuse to take their
> meds.

For the record, I never once even considered sleeping with you. And
you know that. You're the one who somehow got the idea that I was
going to move in with you - and you posted that to RFC just out of the
total blue.

After having met you twice at casual austin.food gatherings 2 or 3
years ago and not giving you any indication that there was any sort of
romantic interest in the least, you somehow twisted that into MY
MOVING IN WITH YOU?

That was just way too Psycho for me. I sat there at stared at the
screen for at least 15 minutes wondering, WTF? That was just way too
spooky. I've met weird, semi-psycho women before but you win, hands
down. Mapi of austin.general still holds the male title, but at least
he announced his psychosis right there lying on the floor of the bar
at B.D. Reilly's rather than romantically obsessing over me for 2
years.

Needless to say, you need to come to terms with what happened and why
your mind works that way and stop making up excuses for your fixation
and disappointment before we become the next Yoli and Michael. I'd
prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

And Jeremy, I was just tired of your decade of bullshit and visions of
grandeur about all these things you're "working on" or have not done
in the past. Even posting a call for meetings with imaginary people
about imaginary projects of yours at "the normal time and place", as
if you are somebody important with a life. I'm pretty sure you're
manic depressive mixed with habitual liar.

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw