Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Semi-OT - 4 things never to buy at Costco / 5 Things You Should Buy at Costco

On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 10:05:24 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

> You find a good brand, next time you buy it, or the time after
> that, and it's gone to crap. I've seen it happen even at very high
> end stores. Men's underwear is a pain in the neck.

Hubby likes his undershirt material to be thick. JC Penny's used to
be the one and only store that sold the type he liked, but even those
have been getting thinner and thinner over the years.

--
Elitist Snob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/23/2015 12:10 PM, sf wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 10:05:24 -0400, Nancy Young
> > wrote:
>
>> You find a good brand, next time you buy it, or the time after
>> that, and it's gone to crap. I've seen it happen even at very high
>> end stores. Men's underwear is a pain in the neck.

> Hubby likes his undershirt material to be thick. JC Penny's used to
> be the one and only store that sold the type he liked, but even those
> have been getting thinner and thinner over the years.

Yup, that was the brand before the current Lands End. Before
that, Nordstrom, I think.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 12:40:30 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

> On 8/23/2015 12:10 PM, sf wrote:
> >
> > Hubby likes his undershirt material to be thick. JC Penny's used to
> > be the one and only store that sold the type he liked, but even those
> > have been getting thinner and thinner over the years.

> Yup, that was the brand before the current Lands End. Before
> that, Nordstrom, I think.

Hey, wait... you're saying Land's End (Sears) sells heavy t-shirts
now?

--
Elitist Snob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/23/2015 10:54 AM, sf wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 12:40:30 -0400, Nancy Young
> > wrote:
>
>> On 8/23/2015 12:10 PM, sf wrote:
>>>
>>> Hubby likes his undershirt material to be thick. JC Penny's used to
>>> be the one and only store that sold the type he liked, but even those
>>> have been getting thinner and thinner over the years.

>> Yup, that was the brand before the current Lands End. Before
>> that, Nordstrom, I think.
>>

> Hey, wait... you're saying Land's End (Sears) sells heavy t-shirts
> now?

DULUTH TRADING COMPANY.

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/m...underwear.aspx

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, August 23, 2015 at 10:09:35 AM UTC-7, Playa wrote:
> On 8/23/2015 10:54 AM, sf wrote:
> > On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 12:40:30 -0400, Nancy Young
> > > wrote:

> >> Yup, that was the brand before the current Lands End. Before
> >> that, Nordstrom, I think.
> >>

> > Hey, wait... you're saying Land's End (Sears) sells heavy t-shirts
> > now?
> >

> DULUTH TRADING COMPANY.
>
> http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/m...underwear.aspx

So do you get 3 pairs of underpants for $22.50, or 4 pair?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/23/2015 12:54 PM, sf wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 12:40:30 -0400, Nancy Young
> > wrote:
>
>> On 8/23/2015 12:10 PM, sf wrote:
>>>
>>> Hubby likes his undershirt material to be thick. JC Penny's used to
>>> be the one and only store that sold the type he liked, but even those
>>> have been getting thinner and thinner over the years.

>> Yup, that was the brand before the current Lands End. Before
>> that, Nordstrom, I think.
>>

> Hey, wait... you're saying Land's End (Sears) sells heavy t-shirts
> now?

I make no claims that they are heavy the way your husband likes
them, but the quality seems decent. I don't want you to order
them and be disappointed. He likes them better than the Penney's
that he used to like.

Maybe your husband would like the Nordstrom.

Another thing he likes about the Lands End is that he can get the
tall tshirts no problem.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 13:14:10 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

> On 8/23/2015 12:54 PM, sf wrote:
> > On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 12:40:30 -0400, Nancy Young
> > > wrote:

> >> Yup, that was the brand before the current Lands End. Before
> >> that, Nordstrom, I think.
> >>

> > Hey, wait... you're saying Land's End (Sears) sells heavy t-shirts
> > now?

> I make no claims that they are heavy the way your husband likes
> them, but the quality seems decent. I don't want you to order
> them and be disappointed. He likes them better than the Penney's
> that he used to like.
>
> Maybe your husband would like the Nordstrom.
>
> Another thing he likes about the Lands End is that he can get the
> tall tshirts no problem.

I'll tell him to look at Sears (Lands End is Sears now) and Nordstrom.
We have both here, so no internet ordering is necessary to see what
they are like. Thanks.

--
Elitist Snob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/23/2015 2:52 PM, sf wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 13:14:10 -0400, Nancy Young
> > wrote:

>> I make no claims that they are heavy the way your husband likes
>> them, but the quality seems decent. I don't want you to order
>> them and be disappointed. He likes them better than the Penney's
>> that he used to like.
>>
>> Maybe your husband would like the Nordstrom.
>>
>> Another thing he likes about the Lands End is that he can get the
>> tall tshirts no problem.
>>

> I'll tell him to look at Sears (Lands End is Sears now) and Nordstrom.
> We have both here, so no internet ordering is necessary to see what
> they are like. Thanks.

Sears and Lands End are separate now, and I don't know that
Sears brand underwear ever was the same as Lands End?

Anyway, you can always return to Nordstrom, and I imagine
Sears, too, if you're disappointed. We have both here, as
well. Good luck.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/24/2015 2:54 AM, sf wrote:
Barbara J. Llorente - A FRAUD TROLL ENABLER!
Get the **** out of here, you FAT FRAUD biotch troll!

Get out - stalker!

....dump!

____.-.____
[__Barbara__]
[_J.Llorente _]
(d|||TROLL|||b)
`|||ENABLER|||`
`"""""""""'
\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Mmmm hmmm...

Ayup...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/23/2015 1:35 PM, Mal Pais wrote:
> On 8/24/2015 2:54 AM, sf wrote:
> Barbara J. Llorente - A FRAUD TROLL ENABLER!
> Get the **** out of here, you FAT FRAUD biotch troll!
>

> Get out - stalker!
>

> ...dump!
>
> ____.-.____
> [__Barbara__]
> [_J.Llorente _]
> (d|||TROLL|||b)
> `|||ENABLER|||`
> `"""""""""'
> \\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//
>

> Mmmm hmmm...
>
> Ayup...

Sorry Froggy, but that dog don't hunt, lol!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
>spamtrap wrote:
>
>> The men's underwear Costco sells is garbage, not even outlet mall quality.

>You find a good brand, next time you buy it, or the time after
>that, and it's gone to crap.

Um, hope you don't mean brand new out of the package. hehe

>Men's underwear is a pain in the neck.

Depends how kinky you are.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/24/2015 2:10 AM, sf wrote:

DEAR FAT ASS

good morning fat ass
how will your day go?
will you be stared at like an enourmous blob?
or be taunted and teased all day long?

people say you can't do anything
you cant do this or that
but you will sure show them
when your fat ass is in control

it is all your fault fat ass
you live to eat and dont eat to live
well look at that fat ass
a greasy cheese burger streaming down your lips and chin

you are a worthless excuse for a human
no one wants to see fat
lock yourself inside your room
until your thin and flat

you would rather some one say
**** her anorexic ass
than **** you
you fat fat ass

words hurt as much as the weight
they will be with you forever
that extra baggage you can change
show them you can do something

No one wants to see a fat girl cry
tears of grease and blubber
you will no longer be the funny fat girl
you will be just as cool as any other

slide your finger down your throat
when you dream of grease and junk
the calories will fade away
down the toilet with one flush

dont eat today
you will prove them right
that is something
you just can't do

show them they dont
have control over everything
your weight
is something you do

Loose it all fat ass
I want to see coller bones
and down right thin

dont cry when you become dizzy
just know that it will help you in the end

You can feel good about yourself fat ass
you just have to learn control
your punishment is a life full of pain
and tears of grease and fried stuff

thin is the way you have always wanted to be
well you have a long journey to get there
but change your life
you **** of blubber

run run fat ass
let that fat ass shake
no one wants to see that shit
better run in your back yard instead

skinny
be thin
fat ass
be fat
when weighing out your options
which do you like better than fat?

its not lie fat ass
you have let yourself go
its time to buckle down
and crack those calories away

when it is all said and done
you will be worthy
you will feel alive again
see thin is the way to be

and you are just a fat ass with no control again.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 11:08:25 -0600, Playa > wrote:

>On 8/23/2015 10:54 AM, sf wrote:
>> On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 12:40:30 -0400, Nancy Young
>> > wrote:

>>> Yup, that was the brand before the current Lands End. Before
>>> that, Nordstrom, I think.
>>>

>> Hey, wait... you're saying Land's End (Sears) sells heavy t-shirts
>> now?
>>

>DULUTH TRADING COMPANY.
>
>http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/m...underwear.aspx

Yup, Duluth has the very best tee shirts.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/24/2015 5:10 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 8/23/2015 2:52 PM, sf wrote:
>> On Sun, 23 return to Nordstrom, and I imagine

> Sears, too, if you're disappointed. We have both here, as
> well. Good luck.
>
> nancy

Ayup...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 13:14:10 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>On 8/23/2015 12:54 PM, sf wrote:
>> On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 12:40:30 -0400, Nancy Young
>> > wrote:

>>> Yup, that was the brand before the current Lands End. Before
>>> that, Nordstrom, I think.
>>>

>> Hey, wait... you're saying Land's End (Sears) sells heavy t-shirts
>> now?

>I make no claims that they are heavy the way your husband likes
>them, but the quality seems decent. I don't want you to order
>them and be disappointed. He likes them better than the Penney's
>that he used to like.
>
>Maybe your husband would like the Nordstrom.
>
>Another thing he likes about the Lands End is that he can get the
>tall tshirts no problem.
>
>nancy

If he's tall he'll love the long tail tees from
http://www.duluthtrading.com/, especially if he's a plumber. LOL They
have lots of good stuff, I do most of my gift shopping there, great
kid's stuff, and very good women's wear too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 15:10:20 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>On 8/23/2015 2:52 PM, sf wrote:
>> On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 13:14:10 -0400, Nancy Young
>> > wrote:

>>> I make no claims that they are heavy the way your husband likes
>>> them, but the quality seems decent. I don't want you to order
>>> them and be disappointed. He likes them better than the Penney's
>>> that he used to like.
>>>
>>> Maybe your husband would like the Nordstrom.
>>>
>>> Another thing he likes about the Lands End is that he can get the
>>> tall tshirts no problem.
>>>

>> I'll tell him to look at Sears (Lands End is Sears now) and Nordstrom.
>> We have both here, so no internet ordering is necessary to see what
>> they are like. Thanks.

>Sears and Lands End are separate now, and I don't know that
>Sears brand underwear ever was the same as Lands End?
>
>Anyway, you can always return to Nordstrom, and I imagine
>Sears, too, if you're disappointed. We have both here, as
>well. Good luck.
>
>nancy

Sears tees are awful, lousy cheapo cotton, six launderings and you can
toss them, they don't even make good dust rags. Today the only good
tees are Carhartt and Duluth.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/24/2015 3:13 AM, wrote:
> On Sunday, August 23, 2015 at 10:09:35 AM UTC-7, Playa wrote:
>> On 8/23/2015 10:54 AM, sf wrote:
>>> On Sun.

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/m...underwear.aspx

> So do you get 3 pairs of underpants for $22.50, or 4 pair?

Ayup...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/24/2015 3:14 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 8/23/2015 12:54 PM, sf wrote:
>> On Sun, 2

> Maybe your husband would like the Nordstrom.
>
> Another thing he likes about the Lands End is that he can get the
> tall tshirts no problem.
>
> nancy

Ayup...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Semi-OT - 4 things to buy at Costco / 5 Things You Should NeverBuy at Costco

On 8/24/2015 6:08 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Sun, 23 wful, lousy cheapo cotton, six launderings and you can
> toss them, they don't even make good dust rags. Today the only good
> tees are Carhartt and Duluth.

Ayup...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/24/2015 6:03 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 13:14:10 -0400, Nancy Young
> <rjynlyordnosing.com/, especially if he's a plumber. LOL They
> have lots of good stuff, I do most of my gift shopping there, great
> kid's stuff, and very good women's wear too.

Ayup...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/24/2015 5:46 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Nancy Young wrote:
>> spamtrap wrote:

> Depends how kinky you are. Like little boys?

Ayup...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/24/2015 5:52 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 11:08:25 -0600, Playa > wrote:
>
> Yup, Duluth has the very best children.

Ayup...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/23/2015 1:52 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 11:08:25 -0600, Playa > wrote:
>
>> On 8/23/2015 10:54 AM, sf wrote:
>>> On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 12:40:30 -0400, Nancy Young

>>> Hey, wait... you're saying Land's End (Sears) sells heavy t-shirts
>>> now?
>>>

>> DULUTH TRADING COMPANY.
>>
>> http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/m...underwear.aspx

> Yup, Duluth has the very best tee shirts.

+1
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/23/2015 4:03 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 13:14:10 -0400, Nancy Young
> > wrote:

>> Another thing he likes about the Lands End is that he can get the
>> tall tshirts no problem.

> If he's tall he'll love the long tail tees from
> http://www.duluthtrading.com/, especially if he's a plumber. LOL They
> have lots of good stuff, I do most of my gift shopping there, great
> kid's stuff, and very good women's wear too.

I will definitely be keeping them in mind, thanks.

I bet they would be a good source for sf's husband, too.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/24/2015 7:12 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 8/23/2015 4:03 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 13:14:10 -0400, Nancy Young
>> <rjynlyvery good women's wear too.

> I will definitely be keeping them in mind, thanks.
>
> I bet they would be a good source for sf's husband, too.
>
> nancy

Ayup...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/24/2015 7:13 AM, Mal Pais wrote:
> On 8/24/2015 7:12 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
>> On 8/23/2015 4:03 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>> On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 13:14:10 -0400, Nancy Young
>>> <rjynlyvery good women's wear too.

>> I will definitely be keeping them in mind, thanks.
>>
>> I bet they would be a good source for sf's husband, too.
>>
>> nancy
>>

> Ayup...

Ayup...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 10:05:24 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

> Men's underwear is a pain in the neck.

If that happens, buy him the next size larger. <BG>

>> Sheets from Costco sound pretty bad, I have never looked at them.

>Why do you say they sound bad? They're fine. Some of the sets
>I've gotten were my all time favorites. One set I got, the fabric
>was a little ... drapey, for lack of a better word, for me. I've
>purchased sheets from other places that turned out not to be for
>me, too. There wasn't anything wrong with them, just not comfortable
>for me and the Prince and the Pea.
>
>And they come with four pillowcases, too. At least, I don't remember
>any that didn't.

You betcha! I love them.

>nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 15:10:20 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

> On 8/23/2015 2:52 PM, sf wrote:
> > On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 13:14:10 -0400, Nancy Young
> > > wrote:

> >> I make no claims that they are heavy the way your husband likes
> >> them, but the quality seems decent. I don't want you to order
> >> them and be disappointed. He likes them better than the Penney's
> >> that he used to like.
> >>
> >> Maybe your husband would like the Nordstrom.
> >>
> >> Another thing he likes about the Lands End is that he can get the
> >> tall tshirts no problem.
> >>

> > I'll tell him to look at Sears (Lands End is Sears now) and Nordstrom.
> > We have both here, so no internet ordering is necessary to see what
> > they are like. Thanks.

> Sears and Lands End are separate now, and I don't know that
> Sears brand underwear ever was the same as Lands End?

Sears sold Lands End women's clothing. That's all I know. Are you
saying if I went into a Sears store now - they won't have a Land's End
section? I can't keep up.

> Anyway, you can always return to Nordstrom, and I imagine
> Sears, too, if you're disappointed. We have both here, as
> well. Good luck.

He's a big boy. I'll let tell him and let him do the legwork.

--
Elitist Snob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 17:12:29 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

> On 8/23/2015 4:03 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> > On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 13:14:10 -0400, Nancy Young
> > > wrote:

> >> Another thing he likes about the Lands End is that he can get the
> >> tall tshirts no problem.

> > If he's tall he'll love the long tail tees from
> > http://www.duluthtrading.com/, especially if he's a plumber. LOL They
> > have lots of good stuff, I do most of my gift shopping there, great
> > kid's stuff, and very good women's wear too.

> I will definitely be keeping them in mind, thanks.
>
> I bet they would be a good source for sf's husband, too.

I doubt it. Going purely by their commercials - he doesn't wear
underwear like that or have any interest in it and "wicking" (whatever
that is) isn't high on his list of needs/wants.

--
Elitist Snob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/24/2015 9:07 AM, sf wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 15:10:20 -0400, Nancy Young
> > wrote:

>> Sears and Lands End are separate now, and I don't know that
>> Sears brand underwear ever was the same as Lands End?
>>

> Sears sold Lands End women's clothing.

They did have a Lands End section for a while.

> That's all I know. Are you
> saying if I went into a Sears store now - they won't have a Land's End
> section? I can't keep up.

I believe that you won't find Lands End in a Sears store
any more.

>> Anyway, you can always return to Nordstrom, and I imagine
>> Sears, too, if you're disappointed. We have both here, as
>> well. Good luck.
>>

> He's a big boy. I'll let tell him and let him do the legwork.

I stay out of it as much as I can, myself. That and finding
a comfortable pillow he likes, I don't get involved.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/24/2015 10:32 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
> I believe that you won't find Lands End in a Sears store
> any more.

The Lands End website still indicates that returns can be made at any
full-line Sears store, and I'm pretty sure I saw a Lands End section in
the Willowbrook Mall earlier this year.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/25/2015 12:32 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 8/24/2015 9:07 AM, sf wrote:
>> On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 15:10:20 -0400, Nancy Young
>> > wrote:

>>> Sears and Lands End are separate now, and I don't know that
>>> Sears brand underwear ever was the same as Lands End?
>>>

>> Sears sold Lands
>> He's a big boy. I'll let tell him and let him do the legwork.

> I stay out of it as much as I can, myself. That and finding
> a comfortable pillow he likes, I don't get involved.
>
> nancy

Mmmm hmmm...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/25/2015 1:19 AM, S Viemeister wrote:
> On 8/24/2015 10:32 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
>> I believe that you won't find Lands End in a Sears store
>> any more.
>>

> The Lands End website still indicates that returns can be made at any
> full-line Sears store, and I'm pretty sure I saw a Lands End section in
> the Willowbrook Mall earlier this year.

Mmmm hmmm...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/24/2015 11:07 PM, sf wrote:

> He's a big boy. I'll let tell him and let him do the legwork.

When was the last time you saw your whole body in just one mirror?